Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: Séance & Sensibility

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

For a show that has been extremely solid for two and a half seasons, I have been so disappointed since this came back from the recent winter break, because it seems like the writers are still on that break. Ava's sudden breakup with Sara, Mona's bad wolfie story line, Zari's out of the blue Nate crush, Hank and his stupid magical creature theme park idea (which makes his character as stupid as his other character Biff). Since these are short seasons I am really hoping things pick back up for the remaining episodes and bring the high quality entertainment back.

This season has been a mess. There's no doubt about that. I'm still miffed about the Sara/Ava mess. Mona taking over the show & the Zari/Nate romance aren't making things better. Nothing is making sense or feeling organic. I just hope this is the normal slump a show has and season 5 will be better.

• Love 1

I very much enjoyed the episode and appreciate how the show is able to do so many different things.  I thought Nick Zano was quite good in the scenes mourning Hank and I loved the reveal that Hank was just as batshit crazy and goofy as the rest of the Legends are.

I'm sorry show but Mona just isn't doing anything for me.  I think the idea of her character is a good one but the execution is lousy.  She hasn't integrated into the group as well as the other characters.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, blackwing said:

I liked Jane Austen England, and I liked the Bollywood thing, I just thought it was really weird to have them together at the same time.

The British East India Company arguably peaked in power and influence during the Regency period. It was an exploitative colonial project, but British and Indian cultures were already starting to influence each other in interesting ways. This was a metaphorical approach to acknowledging that. The intersection of the two cultures ideas of romance in this way worked for me . 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 4/16/2019 at 12:45 PM, Lugal said:

The stuff with the guys and Hank's funeral had potential.  I have to believe that Heyworld has to be a cover of some kind.  The show has always been quirky and sometimes weird, but I don't want to see them cross over into outright ridiculousBit at least they now know that Neron's behind everything.

Until we see more evidence otherwise I am going with the theory that Hank was working for the military, but he started to feel guilty about what he was doing.  He got drunk/high and started reminiscing about Nate's childhood.  He found that drawing and recorded that video about something "nicer" they could do with the magical creatures.  At most once he was sober he may have thought a theme park about magical creatures would not be a bad idea and started drawing up plans...but not one where you actually endanger the guests by having them exposed to magical creatures.

I think video Hank was right about one thing at least.  I feel like Heyworld could indeed have united the country at least for a brief moment as I think both Liberals and Conservatives would think that Heyworld was a terrible idea that should never be allowed to happen...  

Edited by Xenith22
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 4/18/2019 at 4:49 PM, Xenith22 said:

Until we see more evidence otherwise I am going with the theory that Hank was working for the military, but he started to feel guilty about what he was doing.  He got drunk/high and started reminiscing about Nate's childhood.  He found that drawing and recorded that video about something "nicer" they could do with the magical creatures.  At most once he was sober he may have thought a theme park about magical creatures would not be a bad idea and started drawing up plans...but not one where you actually endanger the guests by having them exposed to magical creatures.

I think video Hank was right about one thing at least.  I feel like Heyworld could indeed have united the country at least for a brief moment as I think both Liberals and Conservatives would think that Heyworld was a terrible idea that should never be allowed to happen...  

I like this theory. I also wonder if Neron tried to corrupt Hank by offering him his heart's desire-which was to make Nate happy. But since Hank had such a strained relationship with Nate, what came out was what he thought Nate at the age of 9 wanted. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Playing catch up, but once again, Tala Ashe is a treasure.

Also, the brig, which is designed to hold shape-shifting magical creatures--creatures that could become a fog--does not have a filtration system on its vents? C'mon writers, Be Best.

Edited by Cekrypton1