Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E15: Angela's Story

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, newyawk said:

I watched this yesterday. At first I thought Angela was refreshing and seemed independent and very self aware. Then it became apparent that she is just another, if more mentally stable, Schenee. 

Same here. At first, I thought she seemed very coherent and held herself accountable for her situation. Then as the episode dragged on, I was like - wait, where did the girl at the beginning of the show go? 

By the end, I was just thoroughly confused. Angela: "I lost 70 lbs". Dr. Now: "How do you know? Did you weigh yourself?" "No, but I feel like I have lost it." 

If that is how weight loss works, why don't we all just "feel" like we lost 15-20 pounds and magically the pounds will disappear!

Edited by Hannah94
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3

What a dumb broad. Nasal voiced Jabba the Hutt took the viewers on a bullshit tour with  over an hour of lies, and complaining.  Butt Fupa droned on about how tough it was to be morbidly obese meanwhile slurping from a bottle of Mountain Dew spiked with vodka. From the get go, it was apparent this woman had no intention of following through the program. 

What pissed me off? It wasn't Butt Fupa's health issues, but the fact that she is responsible for an 11 year old girl. A woman who neglected her OWN children to go out partying is looking after another precious child.  Plus, she already had a gastric bypass at 375 lbs, but managed to double in size since the surgery. IMO, she should not be given a second chance. 

The worst part is that she blamed Lacey for not leaving Ohio to go to Houston. We all know that Lacey will be responsible for cooking, butt wiping, and lathering ointment on this beached whale.  

Fuck. 

Edited by Barbara Please
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

What a dumb broad. Nasal voiced Jabba the Hutt took the viewers on a bullshit tour with  over an hour of lies, and complaining.  Butt Fupa droned on about how tough it was to be morbidly obese meanwhile slurping from a bottle of Mountain Dew spiked with vodka. From the get go, it was apparent this woman had no intention of following through the program.

What pissed me off? It wasn't Butt Fupa's health issues, but the fact that she is responsible for an 11 year old girl. A woman who neglected her OWN children to go out partying is looking after another precious child.  Plus, she already had a gastric bypass at 375 lbs, but managed to double in size since the surgery. IMO, she should not be given a second chance.

The worst part is that she blamed Lacey for not leaving Ohio to go to Houston. We all know that Lacey will be responsible for cooking, butt wiping, and lathering ointment on this beached whale.

Fuck.

Let's hear how you really feel. I think I injured myself with a snort.

I'm with you on wanting someone to look after Lacey. That beautiful girl should have more than her drug and food addicted family can give her.

• Love 13
13 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

The worst part is that she blamed Lacey for not leaving Ohio to go to Houston.

This bothered me a lot.  Lacey has enough to deal with given the parents & being with Angela; she doesn't need a guilt trip from the addict. Unfortunately, Angela put that out there on TV so Lacey can watch it & feel she's being blamed for preventing Angela's weight loss journey. It's not the kid's fault she got a shitty deal & Angela is all she has right now; that was awful of her to say. I can't imagine why she even started this thing if she had no intentions, or ability for whatever reason, to follow through.

• Love 11

Well I know Angela was making thousands of excuses I do feel that the rental apartments in Houston are not adequate for these people

If I was a contractor in Houston I would try to find a location within a block or two of doctor now offices I would build efficiency apartments and have a full-time person who could do shopping and help them with walking

I would make a iron fence around the whole property and have the gate  carded like in a hotel

I don't want to know what it is called in Houston but in Iowa it is called Section 8 and the rent is very good

I'm not saying it should be like a Ronald McDonald House which is free but it should be reasonable for these people

The thing that has just bothered me on every one of these people is that this stuff always falls to their parents who are elderly to try to figure out where they are going to stay

Edited by magenta
Auto Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I can't imagine why she even started this thing if she had no intentions, or ability for whatever reason, to follow through.

Angela stated that she had made arrangements for Lacey's care so that she (Angela) would be able to spend time in Houston as needed, but that later on, the arrangement fell through. But who knows what that arrangement was, if it should have been considered reliable, or even if it existed at all.

• Love 4

Sadly, the parents do get to do everything for a lot of the poundticipants, but that's their entire life story, and probably always will be.  

I think that Angela said that she had permission to take Lacy with her to Houston, and then something happened to that permission.    I wonder where Lacy stayed while Angela took the long trek to and from Houston, via every drive through on the way there, in Houston, and on the way back?     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3

She was faking it and lying and being dramatic in the beginning with her difficult walking. Then in the end she pushed herself, again lying and faking it for the cameras.  She was easily able to get into her daughter's car in the beginning. She just jumped right in. She didn't lose any weight, everything she did was an act.

She was smarter in that she didn't cheat on camera like some of them.

Also her newer photos are filtered with her face pointed up to get rid of the double chin. She is another Penny. 

Her stupid nonsense ramblings on the way to the hospital about tapering and the pills. It was so weird and made no sense. If she really had lost 120 pounds she would have been in that car to Houston immediately to "shove her weight loss in Dr. Now's face". 

My son hates that I watch this show but he happened to catch Dr. Now yelling at her and he thought it was amazing! Dr Now has another fan ha ha ha.

• Love 15

So, finally watched the episode--I realize everything's been covered but, had to add:

I disliked like Angela from the very second she opened her mouth. Everything about her bothered me and I had a feeling she was going to wind up full of excuses. Indeed, she was as expected--she took a one in a lifetime opportunity and threw it away. Many of Dr. Now's patients were way worse off than her and they moved mountains to get to Houston for this opportunity. Not Angela!

Angela was full of BS excuses. I don't often imply someone doesn't deserve this gift, but she acts like she was entitled to it and didn't need to do any of the work herself. If there was an excuse, she found it and I don't actually believe most of them. 

What a waste of opportunity and resources that could have been better spent on a more willing participant.

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
On 4/14/2019 at 4:08 PM, magenta said:

Well I know Angela was making thousands of excuses I do feel that the rental apartments in Houston are not adequate for these people

If I was a contractor in Houston I would try to find a location within a block or two of doctor now offices I would build efficiency apartments and have a full-time person who could do shopping and help them with walking

I would make a iron fence around the whole property and have the gate  carded like in a hotel

I don't want to know what it is called in Houston but in Iowa it is called Section 8 and the rent is very good

I'm not saying it should be like a Ronald McDonald House which is free but it should be reasonable for these people

The thing that has just bothered me on every one of these people is that this stuff always falls to their parents who are elderly to try to figure out where they are going to stay

Section 8 is for people with low income, we’ve seen very few on this show who would be eligible for this. 

What you’re describing is a nursing home.

• Love 3

I'm seeing the beginning of this for the first time on the repeat.

"I just hope it's not a big number." 

The freaking show is 'My 600 lb Life.' Just what do you think it's gonna be? 

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

I agree with others who say that Angela only wanted the lymphedema surgery, and not weight loss.    I'm watching the rerun, and Angela did tell Dr. Now at her one appointment that she had permission for Lacy to come to Texas with her.   

I bet Dr. Now requires that they send medical records before the appointment.    I'm wondering if she really needed the oxygen?   She never seemed to need it, and I thought the oxygen had to be closer than the far distance her tank or device she used (I didn't notice which kind she had) seemed to be.     

I'm watching the rerun with the ER trip.    She's totally faking.   

Would someone please buy that woman a couple of boxes of hair dye, and do something about her hideous roots?   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 2
23 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm wondering if she really needed the oxygen?   She never seemed to need it, and I thought the oxygen had to be closer than the far distance her tank or device she used (I didn't notice which kind she had) seemed to be.

Oxygen tubing can be really long. My friend’s mother has a tank that sits in the middle of the family room and she can move all around the first floor (and it’s a big house). There’s enough tubing that she can get it pretty tangled up.

• Useful 2

I wondered about the oxygen, because when she was so 'sick' and going to the ER, she was carrying tubing not connected with anything, and didn't seem to have an issue.    Dr. Now also didn't say anything about it either (at least that I remember).      The Supersize of this episode is tomorrow night.  

• Love 1
On 4/11/2019 at 11:19 AM, AZChristian said:

I'm not familiar with Whataburger, but did look them up based on this show.  The #1 that Eric was heard to order costs less than $7, so if they spent over $21, it was either THREE #1 orders, or the #1 plus a lot of other stuff.  Standard #1 order is more calories than the 1,200 she was going to be allowed after seeing Dr. Now.  Not to mention that the bread and fries are not on the "high protein, low carb" diet.

Capture.JPG

I believe she had a mushroom burger

Screenshot_20190417-212451_Chrome.jpg

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I am so excited about the Supersized episode where we find out in the bonus scene that she's a former Carnie that use to guess people's weight. That's how she knew exactly how much she had lost. 🤔

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

OK, all ye waiting with bated breath for the fascinating facts about Life of Angela.

Factoid #1:  she wore a pantsuit instead of a dress at her wedding.   

Factoid #2:  growing up she went roller skating with her brother.

Factoid #3:  her mother was 17 when Angela was born.  

No wonder Angela wasn't exactly raised right... 

Factoid #4:  Eric and Angela haven't seen each other in 10 years.  

He said he was wearing "her favorite" smell - eau de sausage?

Sitting on the edge of the bed, her body formed a perfect equilateral triangle above the bed!

Factoid #5:  During the trip, Eric and Angela joked about the need for couple's oxygen machines. 

How about the couple's proper diet and exercise???

Factoid#6:  Angela is a Sagittarius.

Factoid #7:  She was born in 1973 and Angela was 6th most popular name that year.

Factoid#8:  She used to belong to an online diet group and had to log everything she ate.

Who wants to bet she only logged about 1/3 of her actual food intake?

Factoid #9:  She once ate a bowl of pasta at 4am and was too embarrassed to tell anyone. 

ONCE???  Once a week is probably more like it!

Factoid #10:  Her first job was a caregiver for the disabled. Oh, the irony.

The bonus scene was her talking to Lacey about whether Lacey would be OK to go live with her Dad if he comes through.   That would "make me happy".  Apparently she was puking - making that is why she went to the ER?  Lacey said it would be new to her because she has never had "her own settled house yet".  That's sad, the kid has never had a place where she has truly belonged... I can't imagine.   Lacey did say one scary thing was that "you are going to be leaving me".  I guess one good thing about being house-bound - you are a rock of stability in a way...  (insert eyeroll emoji).  

Factoid #11:  Her cat's name is Trouble.  

I love calico cats and I object!  And even an orange tom could not make nearly as much trouble for Angela as she has made for herself!

Factoid #12:  one of her goals is to go dress shopping at the mall with Lacey and walk around without getting tired. 

At this rate she won't get down to the sizes any mall store carries until Lacey is old enough to not want to be seen in public with her.

Edited by Hellga
  • Love 9

That bonus scene with Lacy, about reuniting with her Dad was ridiculous, and we know that she wasn't reunited with her mother either.    So what happened to the statement Angela made at her one appointment with Dr. Now, about having permission to take Lacy to Texas?

Pop up: Estimated population of Ross, Ohio  8,900 sort of (I didn't get the exactly number, but it's under 9,000.    You know they put her in a bed that weighed her at the ER.     

How about a pop up that says how many times she said she was going to die, or plan her funeral?    It must be over 10.  

I remember a previous Supersize where the poundticipant was talking about boxing up their life, and moving to Houston.   The pop up was when the cardboard box was invented, or something similar.   The editors really scrape the bottom of the barrel, don't they.

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

You know they put her in a bed that weighed her at the ER.     

I don't know if they would have... it probably depends on the ER and what complaint she came with.   

All of the extra blue box notes and the bonus scene so far have been just as worthless as the regular episode and her "journey" itself.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Hellga said:

Factoid #2:  growing up she went roller skating with her brother.

giphy.gif

Seriously, TLC? Make an effort for god's sake!

32 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Factoid #20: Angela breaths oxygen.

Factoid #21: Angela likes to drink beverages.

Factoid #22: Angela speak English.

Sorry, seeing if I can get a job writing factoids for the show.  These are about as interesting as what they share. 

Factoid #23: Angela is a waste of oxygen.

Factoid #24: Angela likes to drink alcohol based beverages. 

Factoid #25: Angela speaks English....badly. 😑

• LOL 10
  • Love 3

With all the major issues they showed, I realize this is minor, but, I wondered why she made her plate of chicken breast so miserable.  When you are on a restricted eating plan, why not make it as appetizing and enjoyable as possible?  She took some raw broccoli out of bag and laid it on the plate with her chicken breast.  It looked cold, hard and dry.  Why not boil, steam or broil it? You can use a little olive oil, garlic, onion powder, etc.  for seasoning.  It can be absolutely delicious.  I eat it almost every day, cooked in varying ways. By putting it out that way, it said to me that she wasn't really interested in it and wasn't going to eat it anyway.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

With all the major issues they showed, I realize this is minor, but, I wondered why she made her plate of chicken breast so miserable.  When you are on a restricted eating plan, why not make it as appetizing and enjoyable as possible?  She took some raw broccoli out of bag and laid it on the plate with her chicken breast.  It looked cold, hard and dry.  Why not boil, steam or broil it? You can use a little olive oil, garlic, onion powder, etc.  for seasoning.  It can be absolutely delicious.  I eat it almost every day, cooked in varying ways. By putting it out that way, it said to me that she wasn't really interested in it and wasn't going to eat it anyway.  

How about some roasted Brussel Sprouts with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and a pinch of cayenne.  Roast for about 45 minutes at 425.  Simply delicious.  Now I am hungry for Brussel Sprouts.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
54 minutes ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

How about some roasted Brussel Sprouts with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and a pinch of cayenne.  Roast for about 45 minutes at 425.  Simply delicious.  Now I am hungry for Brussel Sprouts.

Yes!  There are so many ways to prepare wonderfully tasting veggies and lean protein.  My only problem is that I might eat too many of them!  I usually have 3 veggies (nonstarch) with dinner now.  I wonder how limited Dr. Now's diet is on the carb.  The good thing is that you can eat a lot of nonstarch veggies for just a few calories. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3

Dr. Now's presurgery diet is to get the liver smaller, and see if the patient can adapt to the high protein, low quantity diet they will have to be on.    If you can't cope with the diet before, then you're not probably not going to follow it after.  

After re-watching some of the Angela episode, I agree with other posters who think that Angela never wanted weight loss surgery again, she just wanted her lymphedemas (spelling) removed.   That's all she talked about before her journey through many drive thru windows to Houston.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

You guys are cracking me up today!

Angela annoyed me more in the Supersized episode -- and I didn't think that was possible! I really think she was drunk during that whole "I'm sick and need to go to the ER" hysteria.

I noticed at one point when her ex was helping her get into his van, he had this menacing look on his face like if he had a knife in his hand, it would end up in Angela's back.

I have to agree with Barbara Please -- Angela is a dumb broad.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

Ok, now you have done it!  I am officially making my brussel sprouts tonight!  Roasted veggies in general are one of the best things ever.  I used to hate sweet potatoes until I had them roasted.  They are like candy.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Ok, now you have done it!  I am officially making my brussel sprouts tonight!  Roasted veggies in general are one of the best things ever.  I used to hate sweet potatoes until I had them roasted.  They are like candy.

Throw a teaspoon of white vinegar into your veggies while you're tossing with oil+spices.  You're welcome.

4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

With all the major issues they showed, I realize this is minor, but, I wondered why she made her plate of chicken breast so miserable.

What's that they say about misery? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Throw a teaspoon of white vinegar into your veggies while you're tossing with oil+spices.  You're welcome.

What's that they say about misery? 

Thank you for the tip!!!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Exactly!  And she was saying that both her and Lacey like to cook.  I have not seen them do anything to prove that point.  I guess she just knows that microwaving frozen food is cooking, just like she knows she lost weight.  Bleh.   

7 hours ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

Spoiler

I love roasted brussels sprouts, but 45 minutes is an overkill.  I don't think I have ever cooked them for more than 25 mins and that's with the big ones (though I always cut them in half before cooking, though)...  Most of the time I just use the broiler on high, then they are ready to eat in about 10 mins (about 4 mins on each side).  Sometimes I broil the fish at the same time too, because that's about how long a skinless salmon fillet takes too - then it's a whole meal done one a single baking sheet in the time it takes to boil the water and brew tea...

7 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

After re-watching some of the Angela episode, I agree with other posters who think that Angela never wanted weight loss surgery again, she just wanted her lymphedemas (spelling) removed.  

I am not even sure she wanted lymphedemas removed, I think she just wanted to do whatever she wants both in terms of eating all day and in terms of being able to go places whenever she wants.  In other words, a magic pill to take all her problems away.  I am pretty sure once she realized Dr. Now was not it, she went back to self-medicating with alcohol. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Drogo said:

Even better - try balsamic vinegar instead. OMG best brussel sprouts ever!

• Love 7
On 4/19/2019 at 7:10 PM, JJ1 said:

Even better - try balsamic vinegar instead. OMG best brussel sprouts ever!

We have a place near us that makes balsamic roasted sprouts..... so good. Another place by us makes deep fried sprouts with a Thai chili dipping sauce. They are not super greasy but are sooooooo good. 

• Love 1
On 4/19/2019 at 9:52 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Dr. Now's presurgery diet is to get the liver smaller, and see if the patient can adapt to the high protein, low quantity diet they will have to be on.    If you can't cope with the diet before, then you're not probably not going to follow it after.  

After re-watching some of the Angela episode, I agree with other posters who think that Angela never wanted weight loss surgery again, she just wanted her lymphedemas (spelling) removed.   That's all she talked about before her journey through many drive thru windows to Houston.   

I am rewatching now and this is basically it. She mentions at least once that what she wants is for the doctor to look at her and agree to take some of the swellings off. There's never anything about bypass surgery. It's crazy watching her say all of this stuff with the same face and tell Dr Now to his face multiple times that she's going to do something when she has NO intention of doing any of it. There's no shame and no self awareness. It was a waste of everyone's time. And it's sad that poor Lacey is trapped in a house with this woman because as she deteriorates, Lacey is going to be the one to have to take care of her.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, missnoa said:

I am rewatching now and this is basically it. She mentions at least once that what she wants is for the doctor to look at her and agree to take some of the swellings off. There's never anything about bypass surgery. It's crazy watching her say all of this stuff with the same face and tell Dr Now to his face multiple times that she's going to do something when she has NO intention of doing any of it. There's no shame and no self awareness. It was a waste of everyone's time. And it's sad that poor Lacey is trapped in a house with this woman because as she deteriorates, Lacey is going to be the one to have to take care of her.

Maybe once Lacey gets old enough for that she'll be smart enough to mix up a little cocktail of anti freeze and Mountain Dew every night.  After a couple of weeks...problem solved.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Catching up on old episodes and like others have said, I want 2 hours of my life back!   I feel especially let down because I kind of liked her in the beginning.  

Not sure how she went from barely even able to getting in the back of the van to walking around and driving Lacey around?  She didn't look much smaller, but maybe she lost something? But overall, she was full of shit.  She only had one visit with him, so not sure why this was even an episode.  Waste of footage!

• Love 3
On 4/14/2019 at 7:08 PM, magenta said:

I still think that Dr Now should buy some apartments and offer them to his patients. Get them signed up for Section 8. Provide transportation to and from his office. That way he has them all in one place, they have an easier time finding housing, and he makes some side dough.

• Love 3
On 12/3/2019 at 5:15 PM, mamadrama said:

I still think that Dr Now should buy some apartments and offer them to his patients. Get them signed up for Section 8. Provide transportation to and from his office. That way he has them all in one place, they have an easier time finding housing, and he makes some side dough.

And he needs to notify all fast food places within 5 miles that they are banned from deliveries to the complex.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I've never had to go on Section 8, but in Texas I believe there is a long waiting list to get Section 8 housing, particularly in Houston.  There are a lot of poor people and there have been two hurricanes in the last ten years or so - Section 8 housing is always vulnerable during a hurricane it seems.

• Love 1
On 12/12/2019 at 3:37 PM, RoxiP said:

I've never had to go on Section 8, but in Texas I believe there is a long waiting list to get Section 8 housing, parIticularly in Houston.  There are a lot of poor people and there have been two hurricanes in the last ten years or so - Section 8 housing is always vulnerable during a hurricane it seems.

One of the reasons why the wait is so long is because there's not enough Section 8 approved housing to go around. There's a 2-year wait here in my state, but it's because we have something like 35,000 families who need it and only 5,000 units to put them in. Most people don't want their properties to become Section 8.  It IS possible, however, to find a place that you like and to talk the landlord into accepting it. It's just not common. 

Someone in our town bought up an old apartment complex with 150 units, renovated it, brought it up to code, and then got it approved for Section 8. Not only did it provide more housing for our low-income people, but it's also making the owner a pretty good profit. He can charge almost twice as much for Section 8 as he can for "regular" renters, though that's a whole other can of worms.

• Love 2

I just saw the last 20 minutes of this.  I had to come back to this board to remember how bad Angela was when her episode aired.  Having just seen Gina, Bethany and Joyce, maybe Angela isn't quite so bad.    She's like a lot of them lately---just wants to drop maybe 60 pounds to move a little better, but really just thinks that the main problem is the lymphedema.   They always mention weighing 450 pounds before the event that really  causes them to put on weight so I guess it is understandable that if they get back to that weight, they are happy.   If she was serious, she would get one of those scales that goes up to 550 or 600 pounds and use it.

I really thought Lacy was cute.

I don't get these people who seem addicted to oxygen.  I have had it several times in the hospital, and it dries out the nasal passages.  Very irritating.   But I guess they think it is a good way to get sympathy from everyone but mean ole Doc Now.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Having just seen Gina, Bethany and Joyce, maybe Angela isn't quite so bad.

Oh, no ... Angela was just as bad. 😉

3 hours ago, Twopper said:

I just saw the last 20 minutes of this.  I had to come back to this board to remember how bad Angela was when her episode aired.  Having just seen Gina, Bethany and Joyce, maybe Angela isn't quite so bad.    She's like a lot of them lately---just wants to drop maybe 60 pounds to move a little better, but really just thinks that the main problem is the lymphedema.   They always mention weighing 450 pounds before the event that really  causes them to put on weight so I guess it is understandable that if they get back to that weight, they are happy.   If she was serious, she would get one of those scales that goes up to 550 or 600 pounds and use it.

I really thought Lacy was cute.

I don't get these people who seem addicted to oxygen.  I have had it several times in the hospital, and it dries out the nasal passages.  Very irritating.   But I guess they think it is a good way to get sympathy from everyone but mean ole Doc Now.

I had the episode on in the background.  I noticed she had dozens of framed photos in the background.  All with the faces blurred out!  Did production decide not to bother getting releases or did they all say no.  Probably was a photo gallery of ex friends.  

This woman never shut up.  The entire episode was blah, blah, blah.  Once the excitement of meeting Dr. Now wore off, she had zero interest in working hard.  And as so many other of the people featured that past few years,  her backstory left me cold.

Edited by fonfereksglen
  • Love 4