Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
chessiegal

Mediterranean Life

What did you all think of the episodes in Portugal and Spain last night? I want to visit those areas so badly. I may get to Spain this year. Here's hoping. 

In the Portugal one, I don't get how they would even consider the train station one. I knew they'd pick the penthouse apartment. It made the most sense, it was move in ready and all. I don't get how they were going to make a living there. She wanted to be a photographer, but she wasn't established there or anything. Was he going to try a new field or did he get a good settlement/ pension or whatever from the police force?

Just now, Booklady1017 said:

What did you all think of the episodes in Portugal and Spain last night? I want to visit those areas so badly. I may get to Spain this year. Here's hoping. 

In the Portugal one, I don't get how they would even consider the train station one. I knew they'd pick the penthouse apartment. It made the most sense, it was move in ready and all. I don't get how they were going to make a living there. She wanted to be a photographer, but she wasn't established there or anything. Was he going to try a new field or did he get a good settlement/ pension or whatever from the police force?

That area of Spain was so nice. I think it's not far from where my brother in law's family has a vacation home. 

Edited by Booklady1017

I can't recall which home they picked in Spain. I think it was the second one right? Not the one near the restaurant and the marina. Was that near anything?

Is this from the same producers as HHI?  Similar format but I didn’t like the hunters doing all the talking about the homes.  Maybe this change from HHI for the sake of change isn’t a good one.

Only watched the Portugal one but these both look like resort areas, not so much cities with diversified economies.  Wonder if there would be problems f8nding long term rentals but this Portugal one they are buying a property.

Also technically Portugal is not on the Mediterranean.  Algarve is kind of close to where the Mediterranean opens to the Atlantic

Main thing visually is the camera is always moving.  Makes sense to feature drone shots to show the ocean.  HHI has some but looks like almost every exterior shot is from above on this show.

But they also have what are presumably Steadicam shots, even as they move around inside the properties.  So the camera is always moving around, which certainly sets it apart from HHI but it kind of calls attention to itself.

I totally want to visit Portugal now and see Cabo da Roca, which is suppose to be great for hiking.

Oh dear, since watching this show I have longed to live near the Mediterranean! We were there several years ago, but moving there is just not doable , guess I'll live out my fantasy while watching  this show.☹️

1 hour ago, PennyPie18 said:

Oh dear, since watching this show I have longed to live near the Mediterranean! We were there several years ago, but moving there is just not doable , guess I'll live out my fantasy while watching  this show.☹️

I would love to live near the Mediterranean too. I'd be happy though to visit it at least, (Spain, Portugal, Italy, etc.)