Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E11: Leaving Las Vegas

• Start Topic

(edited)
5 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I don't know why it took me so long to realize this but Gabe definitely outsmarted all the adults!

He did not pack up his room.  When pushed he simply moved out some of the furniture - all the rest of his crap was still there.  He knows at some point they WILL have to have come back and empty the house.  Will Janelle make the effort to get off the couch and come back?  Oh hell no!  Who will have to do it?  Why Gabe, of course!  If he manages to be convincingly inefficient (expected behavior in the Brown clan) he can get several more visits with his friends in before he needs to be "officially" done.  He even left his bed so he would have a comfortable place to sleep while visiting.  

And all the people who pointed out the older sons wanted no part of this shit show were spot on.  They are probably ALL sick of being used as donkey labor while Kody runs around doing nothing.  For all his talking it didn't look like he was actually doing much hauling.  

I'm re-watching it now, and during the scene with Janelle and him (where he's about to leave to drive his friend somewhere), they confirm that Janelle is moving into a furnished rental so he doesn't need to take his bed or a few other larger pieces of furniture, but she still wants him to load it into the truck

Guess he won that argument. lol  🙂

Edited by lilsadone
  • Love 5
59 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

This is a glorious visual!  I am sooo able to picture this, with Janelle being that weird combination of medicated-yet-animated, and just mindlessly passing her day at the window.

I'd rather it be Robyn but to each their own.  😊

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

It’s possible some money goes into a family pot, but I think the bulk of their TLC paychecks gets doled out to each individual sister wife.  They’ve been living as four separate families for years now.

I'm not sure if each a paycheck or not. According to the article in the link, they used to get about $180,000 for Kody and each wife, but to keep the show on the air, Kody offered to accept to take a big pay cut, about the salary of just 1. They may have to share that 1 salary as "family money" now, instead of the big checks they each got in earlier seasons. Could be the reason they're talking about having financial woes.

https://soapdirt.com/sister-wives-kody-brown-frantic-to-stay-on-tv-offers-pay-cut-to-stay-on-air/

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, kimaken said:

Exactly, but assuming they build this one big house and stay in Flagstaff, when all 5 adults are facing their senior years with all the kids out of school/on their own--no wife having any kids under her roof--what will be the reasoning then for the inequality of space? Someone else posted an idea that each wife's living space should be equal with all the kids' bedrooms upstairs--then the kids are truly all together as siblings rather than relegated to their respective mother's living space.

Yes that's a good point.

When Kody was showing his dudes the plans for the giant house I thought if this is to be the forever home why does Robyn get the largest area AGAIN?

Eventually all the children will be grown and she'll always have the most space even if she has no children at home.

I guess Dayunnn will always live with her but still it doesn't seem fair

I think the one big house will be a source for one big headache as Kody and 3 wives squabble over who needs what.... Janelle won't care as long as there's room for a recliner and a box of donuts.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

I live in the Midwest and you're not going to get a whole cow for $600. The last 1/4 I bought was over $400 with processing fees.

Yup my brother and his family always buy a "side" of beef... Which is one half and its about 600

Mind you they buy humanely raised and fed good food etc. So that's probably a bit more expensive.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
(edited)

Since SWs may be tying up its last man-bun this season I thought we could thingk up some new occupations for our intrepid wives -and Cootie - if we must.  I'll get the party started:

Christine: With her new meds working so well she would be fantastic as the new spokesperson for Vitameatavegimen

Janelle: Since she likes being an outdoors sloth while also strivingk to be more helpful, she could find work as one of those rilly large, fake grey boulders folks put over exposed pipes and gas meters in their yards

3. Robyn's got enough on her hands already with her being the first mistress of Hell and all.  SWs is just a fun little hobby away from her rill job

4. Meri: With her endless supply of Lulanoes, bronzer and bananas, running the Big Top while cracking the whip on a bunch of circus clowns is a no brainer for our acute SW business woman. Moreover, Meri's got experience in dillingk with both a lion's unruly mane and oversized ego.

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
  • LOL 18
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Since SWs may be tying up its last man-bun this season I thought we could thingk up some new occupations for our intrepid wives -and Cootie - if we must.  I'll get the party started:

Christine: With her new meds working so well she would be fantastic as the new spokesperson for Vitameatavegimen

Janelle: Since she likes being an outdoors sloth while also strivingk to be more helpful, she could find work as one of those rilly large, fake grey boulders folks put over exposed pipes and gas meters in their yards

3. Robyn's got enough on her hands already with her being the first mistress of Hell and all.  SWs is just a fun little hobby away from her rill job

4. Meri: With her endless supply of Lulanoes, bronzer and bananas, running the Big Top while cracking the whip on a bunch of circus clowns is a no brainer for our acute SW business woman. Moreover, Meri's got experience in dillingk with both a lion's unruly mane and oversized ego.

Oh my gosh you had me in tears laughing!  😂

The only thing I'd add is Kody could be a hairdresser like Jose Eber (I think that's his name) with the ratty old hat covering his receding hairline.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Oh my gosh you had me in tears laughing!  😂

The only thing I'd add is Kody could be a hairdresser like Jose Eber (I think that's his name) with the ratty old hat covering his receding hairline.

Ooh, good one! Those optics are priceless!  😄

• Love 3
9 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

Kody always thinks the grass is greener on the other side

In his case, to quote the late, great Erma Bombeck, the grass is always greener over the septic tank.

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Finchers said:

Meri’s House is the only one left now

And really, that’s the house I would prefer! Less wear and tear because of no small kids, not to mention that awesome wet bar (which rilly is quite nice!)

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
10 minutes ago, ehall1052 said:

And really, that’s the house I would prefer! Less wear and tear because of no small kids, not to mention that awesome wet bar (which rilly is quite nice!)

Where can we see the sales of the houses or the listings?

(edited)

Just wondering if anyone else gets the feeling all this is advertisement for their future business endeavor. Sounds like Kody wants to be a plyg community developer.  He has a start with the land and the “dream house” plans.  And he is begging one and all to come be a part of it.  

Edited by Just Wondering
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, lilsadone said:

This cow purchase was the only interesting (and new) thing that I enjoyed this season. 

I originally tuned in all those years ago because I was honestly interested in how a family of their size makes it work.  I wish we could get to see more about practical things like this, buying a cow & having it butchered as an economical way to provide meat to for family of ~20 for a... year (?). I think Janelle said it was like $600 - that's a hell of a deal and very interesting! I would have loved to have seen that entire process on an episode - like how do you even start to shop for the cow you buy? Does the same farm provide the butchering services, or do you take it to an actual butcher - how does all that work!  😀

I want to know how they portion it out to each family. Who gets what, and how much. 

Janelle did allude to buying a cow in Season One ( I just watched it) but gave no details. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, lilsadone said:

I'm re-watching it now, and during the scene with Janelle and him (where he's about to leave to drive his friend somewhere), they confirm that Janelle is moving into a furnished rental so he doesn't need to take his bed or a few other larger pieces of furniture, but she still wants him to load it into the truck

Guess he won that argument. lol  🙂

I didn't understand that either. If you're moving into a furnished house, then you only need to pack up your personal belongings and most of the furniture can stay behind (not the peeling chair, but anything in decent shape). Buyers often prefer to see houses with furniture in them anyways, helps to visualize how you will live in the home.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, b2H said:

In his case, to quote the late, great Erma Bombeck, the grass is always greener over the septic tank.

Kody doesn't even have a septic tank or sewer lines to the Coyote Pass property and probably cannot afford them.

1 hour ago, Mr. Minor said:

I live in the Midwest and you're not going to get a whole cow for $600. The last 1/4 I bought was over $400 with processing fees.

Apparently theirs came from the family ranch so Kody probably got a good dill on it.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

So my little monogamist mind probably won’t understand..but how can 4 women share a peen all these years and not be able to share Robyn’s mansion for a few months? I know it’s Mighty Brown Polygamist logic but really...they bitch about money and not being around all the “fambly” and they can’t live together?!

Robyn is STEALTHY..but I saw her dark side in this episode...girl I see you!!!

Also, Robyn’s daughter sobbing in the new mansion...maybe angels were singking...there were a ton of trees...but girl STFU!

And on a nice note Ari comforting Meri was super precious 

• Love 21
10 minutes ago, DaisyDuke said:

So my little monogamist mind probably won’t understand..but how can 4 women share a peen all these years and not be able to share Robyn’s mansion for a few months? I know it’s Mighty Brown Polygamist logic but really...they bitch about money and not being around all the “fambly” and they can’t live together?!

Robyn is STEALTHY..but I saw her dark side in this episode...girl I see you!!!

Also, Robyn’s daughter sobbing in the new mansion...maybe angels were singking...there were a ton of trees...but girl STFU!

I completely agree with you.

At the very least I don't understand why Robyn and Meri wouldn't cohabitate for a short while considering Meri can help (thus, feel more involved) and she won't have any kids to add to the chaos of the 5 (or however many) Robyn currently has with her. 

However, considering it IS a rental, I bet the owners had a stern talk (or even part of the lease) that only a maximum of X people could reside in the house. If you owned a beautiful large home you don't want to risk it being trashed by having 70 people trying to squeeze in.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, OldWiseOne said:

Buyers often prefer to see houses with furniture in them anyways, helps to visualize how you will live in the home.

Buyers like to see NICE furniture in a house... Hence the popularity of staging companies.

No one wants to see Janelle's filthy old junk... Did you take note of the vast majority of her "furniture"?... Its pretty much cheap junk and worn out to boot.

By her own admission her kids are very hard on things and damage stuff but she just keeps shuffling along like Snuffleupagus on Sesame Street... Give Janelle a bunch of junk food and she pretty much hibernates like a bear.... She has no idea and couldn't care less about what's going on.

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
(edited)

All the kids know the score.  Their parents are immature and bad with finances.  

Man I really felt bad for Kody in this episode.

He wasn’t able to say goodbye to the houses...sob!

He is so inconsiderate of his son-in-Laws.  They have to work in LV in the am (4 hour drive each way) & they carried a toddler with them Kody can’t keep a schedule and then gets annoyed that people are leaving. 

Janelle is leaving 3 of her kids, Christine is leaving 2 of hers, & Kody wants to cry  about his memories. For someone who spends so much time talking about his family, he sure is leaving a lot of them behind

Robyns house is something straight of 1990.

Also I never remember how truly ugly those vow renewal dresses were.

Unflattering in the palette of 70s kitchens...yikes 

Edited by Soaper410
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, OldWiseOne said:

I didn't understand that either. If you're moving into a furnished house, then you only need to pack up your personal belongings and most of the furniture can stay behind (not the peeling chair, but anything in decent shape). 

The rental house was envisioned as temporary, so they would still need to furnish the 'real' home, and fairly quickly per their original delusional estimate for selling the houses and building the new ones.  So although the beds (and other furniture) wouldn't be needed right away, they would still be needed, and are probably going to storage.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Soaper410 said:

Robyns house is something straight of 1990.

Absolutely... We live in BC and here that style of house is called "Westcoast"

They almost always have glass solarium type room somewhere and it's often in the center of the house and they almost always LEAK when it rains.

Ours was like a small garden glassed in in the middle of the house with trees etc.

It looked cute but I couldn't wait to leave because in BC it rains a lot and that thing was a bit of a nightmare.

Maybe Flagstaff is different but I was not impressed with Robyn's house... It's a great big glass roomed blast from the past... 1990's

• Love 12
38 minutes ago, lilsadone said:

I completely agree with you.

At the very least I don't understand why Robyn and Meri wouldn't cohabitate for a short while considering Meri can help (thus, feel more involved) and she won't have any kids to add to the chaos of the 5 (or however many) Robyn currently has with her. 

However, considering it IS a rental, I bet the owners had a stern talk (or even part of the lease) that only a maximum of X people could reside in the house. If you owned a beautiful large home you don't want to risk it being trashed by having 70 people trying to squeeze in.

Very good point!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Mr. Minor said:

I thought that as well, but I saw somewhere (maybe it was a tweet from Kody on one of these threads) that they got it from the farm in Wyoming which I think still is in Kody's family so there probably was a family discount.  I thought it was stupid to buy it when they had been talking for months about moving.

Also it reminded me of an "I Love Lucy" where Lucy buys all or most of a cow, because they have bought a walk-in freezer from Ethel's uncle.

Robyn's house makes me nervous, because she has those lofts and balconies and a tiny child. 

Considering that Meri had to make an argument to the family when she needed money for her BandB, I was surprised Christine could buy  house by herself without input from the others.

I hate the new school stress for these kids.  Especially the one in middle school.  At least their LV classmates are used to the family arrangement, but they are all going to have to explain it to new kids, many of whom have never heard of the show and who will go home and look it up.  I see some teasing in their future.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, ChicksDigScars said:

Makes you wonder if TLC is taking notice and this could sway them to cancel this hot mess outright, being that the logic behind the move is a colossal FAIL to a majority of viewers.

With reality shows, the general wisdom is all buzz is good buzz. In many cases, the angrier people get about the goings on, the more fervently they watch.

7 hours ago, JoannKB said:

That giant house for only $3500? I should move to Flagstaff! You could get about 1400 sq ft in LA for that.

Yeah, I pay nearly that much for a one bedroom apartment in the Bay Area.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I thought that as well, but I saw somewhere (maybe it was a tweet from Kody on one of these threads) that they got it from the farm in Wyoming which I think still is in Kody's family so there probably was a family discount.  I thought it was stupid to buy it when they had been talking for months about moving.

Also it reminded me of an "I Love Lucy" where Lucy buys all or most of a cow, because they have bought a walk-in freezer from Ethel's uncle.

Robyn's house makes me nervous, because she has those lofts and balconies and a tiny child. 

Considering that Meri had to make an argument to the family when she needed money for her BandB, I was surprised Christine could buy  house by herself without input from the others.

I hate the new school stress for these kids.  Especially the one in middle school.  At least their LV classmates are used to the family arrangement, but they are all going to have to explain it to new kids, many of whom have never heard of the show and who will go home and look it up.  I see some teasing in their future.

I was going to post the similarity I saw between this dumb move, and I Love Lucy!  

The thing that continues to amaze me, is that they don't care how stupid they look.  I'd be so ashamed.

• Love 10
19 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

I agree with all the other rage watchers. I seethe every time Kody comes on & bitches about the move when this was ALL his idea. He’s the most disorganized, impractical and selfish man so why he thought 4 wives and 20 kids was a good idea when he can barely manage the simplest of life skills. Honestly, if I want to watch a bunch of idiots chaotically moving I can watch my own family. His children have so much more wisdom than either he or those numskulls that he “married” have. And excuse me, you were in such a goddamn hurry to get out of there and now you want time to say good bye - shut up!

Omfg, this made me laugh so hard. Speak the truth! (In reference to my own pack of idiots, of course.)

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, DaisyDuke said:

Perhaps she just figured out that she is allergic to pine pollen.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I don't know why it took me so long to realize this but Gabe definitely outsmarted all the adults!

He did not pack up his room.  When pushed he simply moved out some of the furniture - all the rest of his crap was still there.  He knows at some point they WILL have to have come back and empty the house.  Will Janelle make the effort to get off the couch and come back?  Oh hell no!  Who will have to do it?  Why Gabe, of course!  If he manages to be convincingly inefficient (expected behavior in the Brown clan) he can get several more visits with his friends in before he needs to be "officially" done.  He even left his bed so he would have a comfortable place to sleep while visiting.  

And all the people who pointed out the older sons wanted no part of this shit show were spot on.  They are probably ALL sick of being used as donkey labor while Kody runs around doing nothing.  For all his talking it didn't look like he was actually doing much hauling.  

How many times can I like (love) this post! Go Gabe!

• Love 10
(edited)

Proud but not surprised to see Maddie join the lineup of teenage and adult Brown children  throwin shade at their parents' ridiculous move. Kudos to her and Caleb for looking to support themselves and their children.

Does anybody else feel like " 20 minutes " is probably on  the longer side for the amount of time each brown child sees their father each day?

"I'm the only spare person." Hahahahahaha!

Robyn talking about hiring a moving person. With all the spare money they have lying around?

Who is that random woman in Christine' s kitchen? 

"We have so much going on in each house none of us knows what anyone else is doing." Story of their lives again! 

Maddie's skull-print LLN shirt must've come from the same collection as my neon tick print LLN shirt. I'm too lazy to find that link to my earlier post, but you might remember. I got the short end of the stick though.

"I don't want any of the organs. DO NOT pack organs!" The editors knew what they were doing with that line.

Kody wanting time  to say goodbye was A) BS because we know how long they've still owned those houses and B) vindication because his kids didn't get that when they left Lehi!

I'd bet the neighbors were glad to see the backs of those UHauls!

Robyn's house and her poor neighbors in Flagstaff! Whew...

Oh Kody, shut up! Nobody made you go to Vegas! We all know nobody really made you leave Utah, but even if they did, they didn't make you go to Vegas!

I did feel sorry when Mariah got upset saying goodbye. I believed her tears. I didn't understand them, but I believed them. 

I have my own sweet little 3-year-old so Ari telling Meri "It's okay" really got to me too, I admit...

Edited by sucker4reality
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, DaisyDuke said:

That was lovely and I liked how Meri was so precious with her.

Gabe - the speaker of the truth - Yes Gabe it will cost 3 times as much to live there and therefore it makes no sense.

Axel's mom - Nice way to lay it all out.  They moved to LV to be near the family and then the family moved.  Why would they move with them again since all the kids know that in a few years the family will move again?

My nephew moved from Macomb County to Oakland County (Detroit area) and I still have no idea where he moved to and can't find his house.  We all live up and down Van Dyke (53) in Macomb County and then you go right on whatever main road you need.  My niece and her family moved to north/west Wayne County BUT you can take 8 mile all the way if you, ok me, are not used to the mixing bowl.

I can't imagine moving to another state.  I have a friend whose husband had them moving every couple of years all over the country.  Her daughters now live in Japan and LA.  She is distraught but that is how she raised them.

• Love 6

I don’t think they said they paid $600 for the beef but that it was 600 pounds of beef.

Reality stars don’t get residuals and their shows don’t go into syndication. Syndication is about 100 episodes of a scripted tv show like friends or criminal minds that can be shown again and again. Syndication is a tv star’s dream. Reality shows don’t make money repeating endlessly for years. 

When I decided I was going to move years ago, I started packing up things I didn’t use everyday before I even found an apartment. When the day came to move, it was quick because I did this weird thing called planning ahead.

Robin’s kid crying because of the new house was just weird. You would think she had been homeless and finally had her own bed. Mariah’s crying I understand. Her old life was ending. Her family was moving to a place she never lived and it was as if her part in the family was kind of ending. It’s a new start of which she won’t be a part. I also thought the unnamed woman was Mariah’s fiancé’s mother who was helped those two move to Chicago. 

When Janelle walked into Robyn or Christine’s house wearing capris, all I could think was maybe it would be a good idea to strive outside so her legs match the tan she has above the waist. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

Loved the edit Robyn got when they arrived in her new neighborhood. Smile-talking like a ventriloquist and pretend-friendly waving at the neighbors. She was saying smile and wave, wave and smile, we want them to like us. Was one person sorta snippy? I didn't quite catch it, Robyn said I agree or I'm the same way. 

The one neighbor was horrified - Who are all these people?" You know she meant kids. If only one person on that street has the homeowner's contact info she is the one - and you know she used it ASAP!

• LOL 7
  • Love 9

So this is Season 10  - I’ve missed a lot of seasons, apparently, but I was here for the first season and my feeling then was this was supposed to be a positive message about polygamy. “See us, we have this happy life where all the wives love and support one another, welcome each new sister wife with open arms and share housekeeping and child rearing duties.”  I thought we would see a lot of family love and a strong father figure who was in control of their destiny & I thought it would help me understand why a women would share her husband with others. Instead, an immature, flighty, egotistic and self absorbed man, tries to corral a bunch of jealous, lazy and kind of dumb women who don’t even like one another and then keeps producing more and more children who he barely knows.if anything, Kody has made polygamy seem like a lousy life style that only make everyone seem unhappy. Job well done, show.

• Love 23

I take back anything bad I ever said about Maddie (mostly that she needs to get rid of that hideous hair ... and get out of the bathtub!).

She pegged me talking to my ever-moving parents - almost word for word. Although at least they didn’t move when I was a kid. But after they retired .. holy hell! They claimed to want to be around my kids, but bailed and moved across the country like 4 times. It was mostly my mom, and dad just followed to keep her happy. She didn’t like herself for some reason, but everywhere she went - boom - there she was! 

Damn they screwed it up by leaving the cul-de-sac. The houses did all look rather cheap inside, but the location is good, and hello Christine - meet the mountain you’ve had out your window for years! Maybe Caleb wouldn’t have taken the NC job if they’d stayed put. 

Oh so many jokes about Fat Tony being left home alone with organ meat. Sounds like an awesome horror movie. Just imagine Fat Tony in his That Girl bob, while Mykelti comes running after him in a bad patterned shirt - and a liver!

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, jumper sage said:

Gabe - the speaker of the truth - Yes Gabe it will cost 3 times as much to live there and therefore it makes no sense.

Too bad none of them are saying that the adults (mostly Robyn and Kody) wanted to move because Dayton is going to college in Flagstaff. If I was one of the kids I would be bitter and irritated that the main reason the whole family just had to move was because one of the chosen wife's children decided to college in a different state. Maybe their next move will be when Sol goes to college. Oh who am I kidding it will probably be when Aurora or Breanna goes to college.

I remember how hard so many of the kids took the move to LV. I did like that pretty much all the older kids see through their parents bullshit. 

Since this was filmed awhile ago have they made any progress with building houses on their land?

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Cara said:

Why do they keep saying it will take 2 years for the houses to be built? That seems like a awfully long time. 

My uneducated guess is that the property needs sewers, electricity, gas, possibly roads, etc, all put in before any building of a home(s) can start?  Can anyone confirm?

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Hmmmm. Anyone else catch when Kody said the only people who saw Robyn's rental beforehand,  was Kody, Robyn and Dayton? Guess the three of them took another trip to Flagstaff after Aspyn's wedding and looked at the rental house, since last episode Robyn stated that she rented the home without even seeing it in person.

Ummm. Saying goodbye to the homes forever? Meri and Robyn said that they had to go back and take another load of stuff, so I know they had to go back at least one other time to finish the entire move!

Once again TLC shows a clip of the tell all with Kody mentioning "girlfriend"  trying to entice viewers to watch. since Kody has tweeted and debunked the notion of a new girlfriend or 5th wife on twitter calling it tabloid poop, then we know he's probably talking about Gabe having a new girlfriend or something.

You know the tell all is going to be a real snooze fest if TLC had to clip that together cause they had nothing else with the tell all to entice us with.

• Love 8
On 4/7/2019 at 9:17 PM, Kyanight said:

?

I am wondering if the Browns are stupid enough to take whatever cash they get from the sale of the LV homes and go out and buy 3 more homes in Flagstaff.  Because you know they don't like renting. Then he will be crying next season because he can't pay the mortgage on the plague infested dust bowl that they sunk what $80.000 into.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, sandyskyblue said:

My uneducated guess is that the property needs sewers, electricity, gas, possibly roads, etc, all put in before any building of a home(s) can start?  Can anyone confirm?

Can't confirm but you can't install the gas lines, water lines and electrical lines after the homes are built if they are built on slabs. 

• Love 1