Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E11: Leaving Las Vegas

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, preciousperfect said:

That's how they left the Utah house too. Their excuse was that they had to leave in a hurry because the police were coming to get them! Yeah no, you are just lazy and gross. I would be so embarrassed. When you sell a home, aren't you expected to leave it in somewhat clean conditions for the new owners? Those houses have been beaten to a pulp. I would never buy one. You know in real estate listings you see "pride of ownership" mentioned as a selling point, what is the opposite of that?

Zero interest carpetbagging? 

• Love 2
Just now, llewis823 said:

I thought that was Mariah's mains squeeze, Pudge.

I don't think it was Sludge.  The one in the kitchen had her hair tied back and wore glasses.  Christine's mothers' helper, maybe?  A sister/aunt?

1 minute ago, Tatortot said:

What does Kody do for a living anyhow?

Lies on Robyn's sofa.  Barks orders at everyone.  "I am the general."  Acts like a lunatic.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I think that was a friend of Ysabel.  Funny that Paedon, Mykelti and FT were conspicuously absent to help.  If only Christine had thought to offer Tony the contents of her freezer, he would have been there before you could say street tacos.

Thanks Sandy.  Yes, FT would have been there if there were tacos to be eaten!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

He (FT) was sitting at Christine's table mowing through whatever he could drag out of the fridge.

Well, you know Christine left all those delicious cow organs behind...he was probably frying up some cow tongue tacos.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 minutes ago, lu1535 said:

I'm very concerned about them leaving the organ meat. Are they planning to give them as a housewarming present to the new owners? 🤢

They mentioned that it was 107 degrees that day.  I hope they didn't leave them for garbage day pickup whenever that may be.

Edited by Sandy W
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

They mentioned that it was 107 degrees that day.  I hope they didn't leave them for garbage day pickup whenever that may be.

If they paid the trash bill.

• LOL 11
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

🤮

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, lu1535 said:

Not only that - talk about a waste! Some people like organ meat and they could have donated it when they had the cow butchered if they knew they wouldn't use it. Or gave it to friends who would use it. 

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, lu1535 said:

I'm very concerned about them leaving the organ meat. Are they planning to give them as a housewarming present to the new owners? 🤢

I hope the new owners freak out and call Keith Morrison. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Granny58 said:

and this can't be stressed enough....apparently they had recently purchased a FRIKKIN' COW! and now had to transport 600 pounds of meat as well as dry ice!!!  Good planning.  Ya know, when you have a moving date set (or even...say....a vacation date) you use up your food beforehand.  

This cow purchase was the only interesting (and new) thing that I enjoyed this season. 

I originally tuned in all those years ago because I was honestly interested in how a family of their size makes it work.  I wish we could get to see more about practical things like this, buying a cow & having it butchered as an economical way to provide meat to for family of ~20 for a... year (?). I think Janelle said it was like $600 - that's a hell of a deal and very interesting! I would have loved to have seen that entire process on an episode - like how do you even start to shop for the cow you buy? Does the same farm provide the butchering services, or do you take it to an actual butcher - how does all that work!  😀

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Maire said:

My favorite quote of the episode was from Christine when cleaning out the freezer ( with a butchered cow?)  “leave the organs” 😄

Those are the best bits! And now trending in lots of new "fancy" restaurants that focus on nose to tail dishes, where they overcharge you for organ parts that used to be the stuff only the low income families ate (I grew up on the stuff)

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Kyanight said:

He was sitting at Christine's table mowing through whatever he could drag out of the fridge.

Yup,  a bunch of half thawed "organs"   😲

Edited by Joan of Argh
Sorry LAURAKAYE I just noticed you already tied Tony to the organs lol
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Also during the big packing bonanza not one wet under arm!  That bunch had movers.  Bet on it!

Huh? Cody was drenched with sweat on his clothes in literally every packing scene. I was gagging the entire time (just because I personally HATE being sweaty and live in a hot city)

• Love 3
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

I think the logic was that Robyn's previously lovely and quiet street was the only place they could park 17 vehicles, including at least 4 moving vans, much to the consternation of the neighbours.

Apparently Robyn's place rents for $3,500/mo.  Part of why they are paying 3X more for living space until the cult-de-sac houses sell. 

AND during one of the earlier episodes, Robin said that her rental was the largest, but also happened to be the least expensive, weirdly. 

This is likely because she knew well before anyone else that she was going to convince Kody to move and had a head start looking for places. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I don’t remember if I put this here already. If I did, here it is again.

In reply to a tweet about the differing spaces:

6CB17DE6-0959-4A7F-B194-A46C8EF584E7.jpeg

So Meri has no children at home but didn't we find out that she wound up with a GIGANTIC house with an elevator and water feature?

He lies so much he can't keep tract of all the BS

• Love 6
5 hours ago, llewis823 said:

My thoughts on some of the things we saw last night:

• Did you hear Kody say, "Meri's got a rental, Robyn's got a rental, Janelle's got a rental, but Christine and I don't have a place yet" "Christine and I"????

I noticed that too, but any question I had was erased when he followed it up with "we are buying a house". Of course he had to inject himself into the buying assets situation, big shot that he is.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

I was being rude  - he wasn't in Christine's kitchen.  Tony couldn't come down and help them move because Mykelti and he had a hotdog eating contest that he was entered in and he couldn't get out of it.

You are BAD!

And, it was a taco-eating contest.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

So Meri has no children at home but didn't we find out that she wound up with a GIGANTIC house with an elevator and water feature?

He lies so much he can't keep tract of all the BS

Yeah, but Mary having a big house probably doesn't have anything to do with Kody or any other wives wishes. We learned during their building of the vegas houses that Mary wants to have a bunch of shit she never needs or will use. If Mary has a huge rental, that's 100% what Mary wanted for herself and she likely found some way to justify it...

But to be honest, I think Mary is making the most money of all the wives now with her peddling of that MLM clothing line. She seems to be the most successful at it (I think Christine and a couple of the daughters sell it, too). It's how she was able to buy the B&B by herself. And honestly, good for her. She gets the LEAST out of the sisterwife setup and has no relaltionship with Kody - why not have a big ol house all to yourself. 

• Love 8
53 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I want to take a spin through a Flagstaff Burger King and give my money to Janelle at the drive-thru window.

This is a glorious visual!  I am sooo able to picture this, with Janelle being that weird combination of medicated-yet-animated, and just mindlessly passing her day at the window.

2 hours ago, kimaken said:

Are there any angels singingk on the tract of land?

I was quite distraught to hear that one of the girls (don't remember if it was Gwen or Ysabel) has picked up that annoying speech pattern.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, lilsadone said:

But to be honest, I think Mary is making the most money of all the wives now with her peddling of that MLM clothing line. She seems to be the most successful at it (I think Christine and a couple of the daughters sell it, too). It's how she was able to buy the B&B by herself.

No, she said something to that affect when Kody told her they couldn’t afford the loan, or down payment, or whatever it was (“well I guess I have to go sell more clothes...”), but then the bank gave her the dough.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

I think that was a friend of Ysabel.  Funny that Paedon, Mykelti and FT were conspicuously absent to help.  If only Christine had thought to offer Tony the contents of her freezer, he would have been there before you could say street tacos.

Isn't Paedon in the National Guard now, he is probably away.  Garrison and Hunter are away int he military also, can't speak to FT and Mykelti.  Logan must not want anything to do with their crap or is on the outs with Kody.  I wonder where him and Michele live, they never mention his name.  He was at Aspyn's wedding with Michele.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

No, she said something to that affect when Kody told her they couldn’t afford the loan, or down payment, or whatever it was (“well I guess I have to go sell more clothes...”), but then the bank gave her the dough.  

Yes, but she is the only person on those loans (now being divorced), so her income had to justify her having TWO mortgages (vegas house + the B&B). That's all her money & credit, which was my point about how she has enough income to pay for everything on her own. 🙂

• Love 4
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I don’t remember if I put this here already. If I did, here it is again.

In reply to a tweet about the differing spaces:

6CB17DE6-0959-4A7F-B194-A46C8EF584E7.jpeg

Please everyone remember this post in a year and tweet Kody with #cognitivedissonance, when the FOUR equally sized houses get built on coyote pass! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

E5637846-A31B-40F2-9DE0-C9903F16D974.jpeg

Anyone happen to see the wrestling team on this episode? 

Just read Christine's home didn't actually sell. Probably because of the organ meat.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Do the Browns get money for re-runs and/or syndication?

No.  Only shows with guild actors get paid for repeated showings.  Reality shows are pay a fee for appearance and the network completely owns the shows to do with as they please.  

• Useful 8
22 minutes ago, lilsadone said:

Yeah, but Mary having a big house probably doesn't have anything to do with Kody or any other wives wishes. We learned during their building of the vegas houses that Mary wants to have a bunch of shit she never needs or will use. If Mary has a huge rental, that's 100% what Mary wanted for herself and she likely found some way to justify it...

But to be honest, I think Mary is making the most money of all the wives now with her peddling of that MLM clothing line. She seems to be the most successful at it (I think Christine and a couple of the daughters sell it, too). It's how she was able to buy the B&B by herself. And honestly, good for her. She gets the LEAST out of the sisterwife setup and has no relaltionship with Kody - why not have a big ol house all to yourself. 

Yes I understand that... My point was Kody tweeted that to explain that Robyn needed the largest house because she has the most kids at home.

He was lecturing everyone by saying that is the reason a certain wife might have a larger house than another wife...  As though in their family house size is determined by how many kids you have at home.

If that was the case Meri should be living in a shoe box.

He always protects Robyn from criticism even when he steps on his own message and makes no sense.

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, lilsadone said:

Yes, but she is the only person on those loans (now being divorced), so her income had to justify her having TWO mortgages (vegas house + the B&B). That's all her money & credit, which was my point about how she has enough income to pay for everything on her own. 🙂

Ok, but keep in mind that most of her income is from TLC.  If she’s making money from the clothing business, then good for her, but my guess is it simply supplements her main source of income - again, her TLC paycheck.  

• Love 1
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Absolom said:

No.  Only shows with guild actors get paid for repeated showings.  Reality shows are pay a fee for appearance and the network completely owns the shows to do with as they please.  

I don't know their status, but just FYI, being the lead or stars on reality tv show  does give you the credits needed to be SAG-AFTRA eligible. Even news anchors qualify. 

Considering they've all been on the show for several years now, if any of them applied for SAG-AFTRA, then based on your comment they would, in fact, be considered guild actors. Whether that's in their contracts or not (referring to residuals if they are SAG-AFTRA), totally different story I guess...

ETA:

Not actually sure on the details here - some articles mention that reality tv stars aren't sag/aftra, but don't specify if that's simply because the person didn't apply to start getting credits, or if their appearances on reality tv didn't count. 

Edited by lilsadone
  • Useful 1
6 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Anyone happen to see the wrestling team on this episode? 

Just read Christine's home didn't actually sell. Probably because of the organ meat.

You know that old joke...

Q:  What's worse then fish on your piano?

A: Crabs on your organ.   

• LOL 13
(edited)

Just watched the last bit as they were finishing packing and leaving LV. Looks like the editing monkeys were busy again as Kody went from wearing a brown t-shirt, to a blue one, then back to a brown one. Other than at the end, the wet spots on the brown t-shirt look more like water splashes than sweat.

Kody's breakdown as he said goodbye to Caleb was pretty funny. Not a tear in sight. Don't give up your day job, Kody. Oh right, you don't have one. 

Kody really didn't like that Robyn's new neighbours didn't realize that all the kids were his. So he had to announce loudly for all of HIS kids to gather round so he could show them Robyn's house. Just when I think he can't out-asshat himself, he does. And again when he pushed Robyn out of the way. WTF was up with that? 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 21
2 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

Ok, but keep in mind that most of her income is from TLC.  If she’s making money from the clothing business, then good for her, but my guess is it simply supplements her main source of income - again, her TLC paycheck.  

Of course I have no idea how they have their finances set up - but I would personally guess that a large % (if not all) of the TV show money goes into the "family pot" Which would make sense as in way earlier seasons they said that's how they all contributed equally, not just depending on # of kids. Would also make sense as to why they could tell her NO when she asked for X amount of money for the B&B

But again, I have no idea. 🙂

5 minutes ago, lilsadone said:
12 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I don't know their status, but just FYI, being the lead or stars on reality tv show  does give you the credits needed to be SAG-AFTRA eligible. Even news anchors qualify. 

News anchors were in AFTRA so are grandfathered in.  Game show hosts are also. They are reading lines at least a portion of the time.  

Reality shows shoot their participants in the foot.  They pretend they are doing documentaries to get around the guild rules and payment structures.  It can't go both ways.  It can't be a documentary and also acting.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

I would be embarrassed to talk about stressing over finances and then spend lots of money in monthly rent for elaborate housing.  Doesn't make sense to me. Makes me think that they really are big, tv stars.  I mean, when you have such extravagant taste and all.  If you can afford it, fine, but, when you're talking about straining the budget......it makes me wonder what in the hey is wrong with you.  

• Love 7
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Absolom said:

News anchors were in AFTRA so are grandfathered in.  Game show hosts are also. They are reading lines at least a portion of the time.  

Reality shows shoot their participants in the foot.  They pretend they are doing documentaries to get around the guild rules and payment structures.  It can't go both ways.  It can't be a documentary and also acting.  

Yeah good points! I'm really confused about this because most reality tv now is considered "scripted reality," which does imply that it's no longer a documentary. 

Here's what Phadra said (RHOA) but this was from 2014

https://hellobeautiful.com/2705511/phaedra-parks-talks-the-downsides-of-reality-tv-were-not-members-of-sag/

Edited by lilsadone
  • Useful 1
(edited)

It's been a big issue in the industry for awhile now.  Reality show "writers" were trying to join the screen writers union.  Production people like lighting and sound, who really does it matter what set they're lighting,  couldn't join.  Actual actors will fight it though because it will dilute the expectations of actually being an actor.

Edited by Absolom
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

As though in their family house size is determined by how many kids you have at home.

Exactly, but assuming they build this one big house and stay in Flagstaff, when all 5 adults are facing their senior years with all the kids out of school/on their own--no wife having any kids under her roof--what will be the reasoning then for the inequality of space? Someone else posted an idea that each wife's living space should be equal with all the kids' bedrooms upstairs--then the kids are truly all together as siblings rather than relegated to their respective mother's living space.

• Love 14
16 minutes ago, lilsadone said:

Of course I have no idea how they have their finances set up - but I would personally guess that a large % (if not all) of the TV show money goes into the "family pot" Which would make sense as in way earlier seasons they said that's how they all contributed equally, not just depending on # of kids. Would also make sense as to why they could tell her NO when she asked for X amount of money for the B&B

But again, I have no idea. 🙂

I don’t think so, only because “making sense” and the Brown family do not go together.

It’s possible some money goes into a family pot, but I think the bulk of their TLC paychecks gets doled out to each individual sister wife.  They’ve been living as four separate families for years now.  

• Love 3