Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E11: Leaving Las Vegas

• Start Topic

28 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Nominating this as the best line of day.  Maybe of all time.

(I don't know how to use multi-quote function)

54 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

...a raging jackass who can't organize a bowel movement...

Second.

• LOL 6
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Galloway Cave said:

Because I am pissed off they are using the name of one of my favorite songs for the episode title, I am fixing this description:

"The Brown Fambly Circus is FINALLY flailing down I-40 to Flagstaff; moving day is chaotic because Kody is a raging jackass who can't organize a bowel movement, and the dream that Robyn is chasing is becoming a nightmare for everyone else in that fambly; there are rays of hope that the remaining kids won't be too fucked up in the long run, but mostly tears as they face financial ruin in multiple states and no retirement funds, and leave so much stuff that belongs to their kids behind."

You know, it would be perfect if they didn't get another season. Leave them hanging in the wind. I know I am rage-watching at this point, but even THAT is no longer any fun.

Love, love, and love!  this post.  

Rage-watching, I'll be there too.  Can't wait.  It would serve these dumbasses right to get cancelled.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Galloway Cave said:

Because I am pissed off they are using the name of one of my favorite songs for the episode title...

I'm embarrassed to say I don't think I know that one. But let me tweak another tune to spare you your favorite:

Fourth wife Robyn's gonna set my soul

Gonna set my soul on fire.

If I don't find some money that's ready to burn, 

And build that plyg house higher!

There's a thousand green trees waiting out there,

Who are Gabe and Gwen? I don't care.

I'm just a devil with really bad hair.

Leaving Las Vegas! Leaving, leaving, Las Vegaaaaaaaas!

Thankyou, thankyouverymuch.

• LOL 17
  • Love 7
(edited)

I noticed that when Kody was asking “Heavenly Father” for his blessings, the first name he said was Caleb. I wish someone had mentioned in passing why Logan was not around.  

Edited by Adeejay
  • Useful 2
  • Love 15
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Meri can't even put her dog down for a minute to give her daughter a hug with both of her arms.  In fact, the majority of the time we saw them moving, Meri is carrying around her dog like a baby.  I LOVE my pets, too - but wth???

He’s Mariah’s dog and left with her to Chicago. 

Edited by Meowwww
  • Love 8
38 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Kody:    Bye Caleb!  :::::Sob, hug, cry, cry, cry, bawl,, hug, hug, hug, hug, 15 minute hug, cry, cry, HUG, hug, hug, 20 more minutes of the same hug, cry, cry, cry,:::::::::

::::::::wipes eyes:::::::

::::waves::: Bye Maddie!  walks away

Meri can't even put her dog down for a minute to give her daughter a hug with both of her arms.  In fact, the majority of the time we saw them moving, Meri is carrying around her dog like a baby.  I LOVE my pets, too - but wth???

I always get the impression that Caleb brings up feelings of loss from Kody’s brother’s death. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 8

All this talk about exile I guess they forgot about this interview with Access Hollywood from 2011:  

"The family is in the process of moving from Utah to Nevada – with their combined 16 children in tow! — but insist that an investigation of their lifestyle by Utah authorities was not the catalyst for their relocation.

“[Our lifestyle] was under investigation by the county,” Cody told Billy and Kit. “There [have] been no charges filed… Well, we’re afraid of that, but that’s not the reason we moved.”

“Cody has been talking about moving to Las Vegas for years,” Robyn added. “We actually vacation there a lot — anniversaries and birthdays and stuff like that.”

https://www.accessonline.com/articles/the-sister-wives-speak-about-jealousy-criminal-investigations-their-shared-superhero-husband-98285

• Useful 8
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14

Just saw that Janelle's house is listed as "Pending" on Redfin. (I posted this on her thread, too.) Omg I hope the new owners rip out the master bathtub! That has to be the first thing anyone would do. The whole bathroom needs an upgrade anyway.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

Just saw that Janelle's house is listed as "Pending" on Redfin. (I posted this on her thread, too.) Omg I hope the new owners rip out the master bathtub! That has to be the first thing anyone would do. 

And all the carpets.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Kody:    Bye Caleb!  :::::Sob, hug, cry, cry, cry, bawl,, hug, hug, hug, hug, 15 minute hug, cry, cry, HUG, hug, hug, 20 more minutes of the same hug, cry, cry, cry,:::::::::

::::::::wipes eyes:::::::

::::waves::: Bye Maddie!  walks away

This! I couldn’t believe it, Maddie? Who’s Maddie? Kotex man is all about Caleb

My cold heart did fill slightly for Meri during the TH. She’s right about how life marches on. I noticed that Robyn let her mask slip and her face while Meri was talking looked evil 🦹‍♂️ 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, Jenilane6 said:

Waiting for Robyn’s sobbing at the towel rack.  Another stellar performance.

I bet she crying at the realization that she’s about to lose her live-in nanny and might actually have to *gasp* look after her own children!

• LOL 11
  • Love 11
(edited)

I will have to rewatch the episode to make sure I saw what I saw, but oh wow did Meri have a seething expression during a couch session when Kody was talking about “the bad part about having multiple wives”. I can’t even remember exactly what Kody said, because I was momentarily distracted by Meri’s unconcealed rage while he was talking. I will edit this comment when I go back and find specifically what part I am referring to.

Edited to add: it was when he was lamenting the wives all basically being on their own in this move, and he really could have “used having another man around”. All the other wives laughed, but Meri—whoa.

36FCFDBA-E94F-4A7B-9D68-B9F54073F015.jpeg

Edited by gardendiva
Added comment and photo
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13
5 minutes ago, kicotan said:

So they just pack their crap and drive away...nobody cleans.

They did the same thing in Lehi, leaving the odd bag of junk and laundry basket in a room.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I couldn’t believe Kody actually pushed Robin out of the way so he could have center stage to make his big speech. And she scurried like a puppy who was just kicked. And he did it on camera. 

This was the saddest episode I have ever seen. And they went through this for absolutely no good reason at all.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
29 minutes ago, Love2dance said:

I couldn’t believe Kody actually pushed Robin out of the way so he could have center stage to make his big speech. And she scurried like a puppy who was just kicked. And he did it on camera. 

This was the saddest episode I have ever seen. And they went through this for absolutely no good reason at all.

Why the hell did he push her? That was so insane. At first it doesn’t seem too bad but when I picture my husband pushing me like that...booooooy that would not go over well. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

How about this response by Janelle: 

DD2F0FA3-4308-4039-827F-0BA10A59609A.jpeg

Meri also tweeted some pretty critical posts about viewers tonight, too, and then deleted them.  After she wrote a post criticizing the kids for being unhappy about the move, I asked her to explain the real reason for moving, and she responded with a snarky reply (but now it’s gone).  She’s so passive-aggressive.  And they’re all such grifters.  

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Love2dance said:

Ohhhh I missed that! When did he do that? I have to go back and watch. 

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, auntiemel said:

Ariella was a little sweetheart at the end, I have to say, trying to cheer Meri up.

She was cute.  Both Meri and Ariella were sad that the dogs were moving to Chicago.  Sludge & Pudge, not so much.

• LOL 8
  • Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, gardendiva said:

I will have to rewatch the episode to make sure I saw what I saw, but oh wow did Meri have a seething expression during a couch session when Kody was talking about “the bad part about having multiple wives”. I can’t even remember exactly what Kody said, because I was momentarily distracted by Meri’s unconcealed rage while he was talking. I will edit this comment when I go back and find specifically what part I am referring to.

Edited to add: it was when he was lamenting the wives all basically being on their own in this move, and he really could have “used having another man around”. All the other wives laughed, but Meri—whoa.

36FCFDBA-E94F-4A7B-9D68-B9F54073F015.jpeg

Just my opinion but I've always felt like Meri couldn't believe how handsome Kody was and that he married her.

She always acted like... "I'm married to a hunk and all the girls want him and flirt with him".. You could tell that she loved the idea that a way younger thin woman like Robin was attracted to HER husband.

Christine and Janelle both admitted that THEY pursued and flirted with Kody relentlessly because he was sooooo good looking.

All of that was a feather in Meri's insecure cap... Everyone wants my husband.

Even when they went on their first outing to NYC to come out as a plyg family.... One stop was Joy Behar's show and she even flirted with Kody and asked if he'd like a 5th wife or something along those lines..... Meri sat there beaming from ear to ear and Joy pointed out that Meri was the first and legal wife... Meri was soooooo pleased.

Roll forward 10+ years... Kody has aged BADLY... the one thing that Meri admired about him and it blinded her to his shallow, selfish nature is gone and now all she sees is an ugly, balding crazy old person that very few normal young women or even old women like Joy Behar would want... LOLOL

Meri used to have the shiny new toy that everyone wanted and now she has a beat up old clown doll with crazy ass eyes and scraggly hair.

Meri and Kody are similar in that way... They're both very shallow... That's why it was so easy for young, hot, millionaire Sam to catfish her.

Edited by Joan of Argh
  • LOL 3
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, auntiemel said:

Ariella was a little sweetheart at the end, I have to say, trying to cheer Meri up.

It was also sweet that she called Meri "mom". She clearly loves Meri. How are these heathens raising such great kids? Well, except Mykelti and Mariah. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 11

"Super genius" Robyn scracthing her head wondering why they just didn't get a professional mover to move them instead of doing it themselves.  Ummmm, because there's more show drama to see them making a mess of things and rushing at the last minute?  And because it's Kody's decision of course.  She's as dumb as a box of rocks, but don't tell me she doesn't know that.  They lie to the camera.

Asshat Kody acting ambivalent about moving and wondering if it was the right thing for them to do.  Well it was YOUR decision, moron!  The wives are all drinking the kool aid while we see the truth in the reactions of the kids.  Most of the able bodied hunks of the family weren't there to help.  They were like "Sorry, 'rents, this time you're on your own!"  Good for them.  And I'll bet it made moving that much harder for their douche of a father, who was probably relying on them to do a lot of the work.  Haha, snagged ya!

I feel sorry for Maddy and Gabe.

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Whoa, In her confessional, Maddie seemed really pissed off about the move. I was kind of surprised at the things she was saying on camera. Like there is no way she will ever move to Flagstaff because the family is just going to move again and she is not going to go following them around every time they decide it's time to go. 

The parents are not fooling any of their kids. They are all on to their stupidity. It's amazing they are all so smart. 

Exactly my thoughts. I also like how she threw shade about setting up her family and not moving due to lack of jobs. 

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

Just saw that Janelle's house is listed as "Pending" on Redfin. (I posted this on her thread, too.) Omg I hope the new owners rip out the master bathtub! That has to be the first thing anyone would do. The whole bathroom needs an upgrade anyway.

Well, I'm sure her home was trashed wear and tear with her kids... but I can't believe they moved the day before school registration... so basically they vacated their homes way too late to sell them for people who wanted to be settled before school started.  That's why they were on the market for so long! 

• Love 13