Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E19: Perennial

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

I think the best part of this episode was McGee talking with Gibbs at the end.  I know Gibbs has gotten older as we have watched; so have we all.  But are NCIS powers choosing to do his makeup to show his aging?  Or can't it be hidden?

I hate Witherspoon in Ziva's pad nothing about it has any feeling of possible.  (Somehow and Mossad and Uri at the time I could accept as plausible.  Emily and the dead plant.....just no.)

• Love 2

I keep wondering what this Ziva storyline would be like if it was McGee who'd discovered it. He'd be in a huge quandry - does Tony know? Should I tell him? Does Gibbs know?

With Ellie it just seems ... I don't know. There's no connection with them, so the emotional impact isn't there.

• Love 10

I liked the last scene between Gibbs and McGee.  Gibbs paid McGee the highest compliment when he told him he had always had his head screwed on straight, and he should continue to do that.  If McGee ever had any doubts about Gibbs' opinion of him, that should have said it all. 

• Love 3

I am so tired of Ziva stuff.  They wrote her out, why oh why must she still be part of so many episodes?  I didn't even hate her character, but enough already.  I really don't understand why Ellie is so obsessed either.  Add to that more Jack drama, and ugh.  Oh, and mor Torres issues, too.  

• Love 10

Torres needs to worry less about his inner swan (is that really a thing?) and more about his outer child. I don't mind the Ellie/Ziva stuff but Ellie needs more discretion, she seems like she is just dying to tell someone, anyone. I liked the picture of Jack and her newborn.

Gibbs was okay and Tim had it together. All I can ask for, I guess.

• Love 3

I agree with everything everyone has posted up to here:  Torres needs to get his head straight--I'm bored with his issues., though the swan thing made me giggle; Ellie's obsession with Ziva is just so bizarre--Tim discovering Ziva was still alive would be more interesting; Jack having the past that triggers PTSD is fine, this "gave my baaaaybeee up for adoption" angst is irrelevant; and the scene with Gibbs and Tim was awesome.

14 hours ago, enoughcats said:

But are NCIS powers choosing to do his makeup to show his aging?  Or can't it be hidden?

I think this is very true.  I've been noticing for a while now that rarely do they show Mark Harmon actually walking or having any movement in his scenes.  Mostly they just cut to him already standing there.  If they do show the Gibbs character moving, they very carefully do not show his face, like when he popped through the wall hatch in the submarine in the last episode.  That was a very agile and young seeming acrobatic movement, so I do not think that was Mark Harmon.  I've also noticed that in his outdoors shots, he's back to wearing the really long overcoat so his body and movements are somewhat obscured.  I've observed, however, that this season is better than last season.  Last season, his blocking consisted of mostly only standing or looming there.  I wonder if maybe MH had to work through some sort of health issue (arthritis?) that required some treatments or surgery that clipped his wings for a while.  This season he seems to be moving around more, but still not the dynamic Gibbs of seasons past.  His hair is weird too, and his lips seemed to have thinned.  Or maybe all that drama with Pauley Perette sucked the life out of him....  So yes, as happens to us all, Mark Harmon is looking his age.  He is 67 years old, but I'm starting to think that maybe living in the California sun, an early career of brutal athletic activity and a long, long time of doing his own stunts is starting to catch up to him.  He's still handsome, but he's a handsome 67 year old, not a young stud anymore.

• Love 3

How many back stories does Jack need?

Shut up, Torres.

I wish they would drop this Ziva storyline.

My favourite parts were the Gibbs/Tim conversation and Jimmy handing out green paper for scratch pads.

• Love 8
20 hours ago, threebluestars said:

I keep wondering what this Ziva storyline would be like if it was McGee who'd discovered it. He'd be in a huge quandry - does Tony know? Should I tell him? Does Gibbs know?

With Ellie it just seems ... I don't know. There's no connection with them, so the emotional impact isn't there.

Exactly.

I keep wondering what the end game is for the storyline.  If it isn't Ziva coming back, then will the place just become a place for Ellie, or will it figure into a future plot somehow, like they already did with Ziva's diaries?

• Love 1
8 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

I agree with everything everyone has posted up to here:  Torres needs to get his head straight--I'm bored with his issues., though the swan thing made me giggle; Ellie's obsession with Ziva is just so bizarre--Tim discovering Ziva was still alive would be more interesting; Jack having the past that triggers PTSD is fine, this "gave my baaaaybeee up for adoption" angst is irrelevant; and the scene with Gibbs and Tim was awesome.

I think this is very true.  I've been noticing for a while now that rarely do they show Mark Harmon actually walking or having any movement in his scenes.  Mostly they just cut to him already standing there.  If they do show the Gibbs character moving, they very carefully do not show his face, like when he popped through the wall hatch in the submarine in the last episode.  That was a very agile and young seeming acrobatic movement, so I do not think that was Mark Harmon.  I've also noticed that in his outdoors shots, he's back to wearing the really long overcoat so his body and movements are somewhat obscured.  I've observed, however, that this season is better than last season.  Last season, his blocking consisted of mostly only standing or looming there.  I wonder if maybe MH had to work through some sort of health issue (arthritis?) that required some treatments or surgery that clipped his wings for a while.  This season he seems to be moving around more, but still not the dynamic Gibbs of seasons past.  His hair is weird too, and his lips seemed to have thinned.  Or maybe all that drama with Pauley Perette sucked the life out of him....  So yes, as happens to us all, Mark Harmon is looking his age.  He is 67 years old, but I'm starting to think that maybe living in the California sun, an early career of brutal athletic activity and a long, long time of doing his own stunts is starting to catch up to him.  He's still handsome, but he's a handsome 67 year old, not a young stud anymore.

Didn't he have knee surgery last year?

I am not interested in anything having to do with Jack. No backstories, no current stories. I've never warmed up to her.

And yes, enough of the Ziva shack. 

Please, just give us some interesting cases for the group to investigate, and leave it at that. 

• Love 11
On 4/10/2019 at 5:32 PM, Trey said:

My favourite parts were the Gibbs/Tim conversation and Jimmy handing out green paper for scratch pads.

Count me as someone who hated the green paper thing.  Given the enormity of that pallet, and the large number of reams on it, and the relatively small amount of paper he was handing to each person, and the fact that a doctor was taking time to distribute it, he likely was very visible during the very long amount of time it would take to distribute it all.   More than likely, word would have gotten back to that chick's boss, and she'd be in far more trouble than she would have been originally!   

• Love 3

I second all of the comments about the idiot Ziva storyline.  The character was annoying enough when she was on show, why do we need to resurrect her? Especially when its Bishop that is inexplicably obsessed with her for no reason whatsoever.  Because of this silly storyline all of the Tiva shippers are popping out of the woodwork along with the new Bishop/Torres shippers.  The whole Jimmy green paper storyline was exceptionally stupid too.  Federal contract, they could have gotten that taken care of easily enough (and its almost impossible to fire a federal employee, especially over something stupid like that). 

• Love 6

can someone tell me which episode when all director of the agencys meet in one place look like a house or something and tony and ziva as ncis on duty

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 8:18 AM, hookedontv said:

Please, just give us some interesting cases for the group to investigate, and leave it at that. 

Does anyone else feel as though they're recycling JAG plots? First it was Crossing the Line and now a shooter invading a hospital.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Linderhill said:

I second all of the comments about the idiot Ziva storyline.  The character was annoying enough when she was on show, why do we need to resurrect her? Especially when its Bishop that is inexplicably obsessed with her for no reason whatsoever.

Any bets that Bishop makes a trip to Europe or the Middle East/Western Asia before the end of the season?

Edited by eel2178
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, eel2178 said:

Does anyone else feel as though they're recycling JAG plots? First it was Crossing the Line and now a shooter invading a hospital.

If you watch a lot of shows on CBS, past and present,  you will notice a lot of plot recycling.  Same goes with NBC and ABC.  

• Love 1

I don't know what's happening to this show. I was disgusted with Torres wanting to go all vengeful on the kid, so that Gibbs had to point out to him -- dying would be easy, for him. I feel like any agent worthy of being on Gibbs' team shouldn't need to be told that.

And Gibbs showing doubt over these goofs? Wondering if he shouldn't have burned Rule 10? Probably he shouldn't have. There is a time for personal and professional detachment, but that doesn't mean an agent can't care. But when Sloane recused herself and then wouldn't say why, making Gibbs have to to dig and then jumping on him for digging, come on! When that caring gets in the way of getting the job done, then, yes, there is a need for Rule 10.

• Love 3

"I've got one with a swan, one with a kid, one with a plant" was probably the best line of the season. (And McGee: "Are you talking about Palmer?")

I think the show has a new writer who floved Ziva all those years, and is now writing all this nonsense about Ziva. Like Elsa, you all need to Let. It. Go. kthxbye

• Love 2