Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Jaded

"The View": Week Of 4/8/2019

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:
2 hours ago, sevenrings said:

SUNNY FINALLY SHUTTING MEGHAN UP 

And what is it with that stupid head shake thing she does when someone talks to her the way she talks to them? Like she's surprised when someone at the table stands up to her.

Also the scoffing sounds she adds along with the neck roll.

  • Like 16
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

I want a shower toga for public showers with no curtains! I think I'll make one out of an old shower curtain.

The Moki door step was cool too - it is surprising nobody ever thought of it, though tall SUVs are more common now.

Back in the late 60s - early 70s I actually had a clip with a 4" plastic sled runner that  held my skis tips together for sliding them; it never clogged with snow like a wheel would. And skis were a lot heavier back then.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe they should change the name to the Meagan McCain Show, because it sure seems like she is the star now.  I was very glad that Sunny stood her ground, and MM doing her little head shake when she was told to wait until Sunny stopped speaking said it all. She's just plain rude.  Joy has seemed very subdued since the incident on Monday.  I wonder if she was "spoken to" or if she has simply given up.

I know that if today is an example of the direction the show is going, I won't care to watch.

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post

41 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Back in the late 60s - early 70s I actually had a clip with a 4" plastic sled runner that  held my skis tips together for sliding them; it never clogged with snow like a wheel would. And skis were a lot heavier back then.

Skis were looong in the '60s. Raise one arm straight up and bend your wrist at 90 degrees - that was your ski length. You were stylin' when you did kick turns on the side of the mountain with those long boys! And poles that came to your armpit were the correct length. Whoosh!

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Up is down and down is up. Was Sunny defending Assange and Meghan against him? Is Sunny saying that it was OK that Assange and Wikileaks conspired with Russia to influence the election?   I guess I didn't understand their positions because I agree that Assange was a cyber-terrorist, so that puts me on Meghan's side. Yikes!

I will go to my death reminding people that nobody hacked Hillary's emails - her server was secure. It was the DNC and Podesta's emails that were hacked. Every time I hear "Hillary Clinton's emails" it's like a needle scratch. 

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Megan and Abby were acting like Obama and the DOJ did not want to prosecute Assange in 2010 because they were being partisan hacks. Sunny's point was that Assange putting information out there was wrong and abhorrent, but it was protected by the first amendment and could not be prosecuted.  Sunny never said he was not a cyberterrorist.  Megan was confusing the issues as always, making it all about her tribe and how the Democrats are bad. She also distorted everything Sunny said and called her a propaganda mouth piece. It was uncalled for and rude, Sunny's expression as they cut to commercial was telling.  Megan was projecting on Sunny what she does everyday.  

I don't remember which one of the ladies said but it is true Trump asked Assange to find Hillary's emails and it's his administration that has pursued charges against him.  Will be interesting to see if those charges stick or will they be dropped.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, debbie311 said:

Maybe they should change the name to the Meagan McCain Show, because it sure seems like she is the star now.  I was very glad that Sunny stood her ground, and MM doing her little head shake when she was told to wait until Sunny stopped speaking said it all. She's just plain rude.

I don't think we could EVER see a happier Meghan than the star of the Meghan McCain Show. Maybe they should put us ALL out of our misery and just get on with it!

I loved Sunny's response to a childish Meghan SO MUCH that I wrote it down, "You can push back as soon as I'm finished speaking," and then she calmly continued...and finished.  She was on a roll today, standing her ground...with appropriate facial expressions.

  • Like 24

Share this post


Link to post

58 minutes ago, longobongo said:

I don't agree that Meghan "has to defend Trump". This is still the United States of America - no one has to defend Trump. If what he is saying/doing is indefensible then you don't side with him. Just because the rest of the panel agrees on something does NOT make them "one note". It makes them of like minds on that issue. It's far too simplistic to say she has to defend him. No one has to do anything in this life--except die and pay taxes!

But that’s not in the least bit coincidental. I’m not saying from one conversation to another, they need to make it easier for Meghan, I’m saying when they have political discussions on the show, Joy, Whoopi, and Sunny are going to agree, because they’re liberal women. Abby isn’t confrontational like Meghan, even though I get why, so that leaves Meghan to make the whole case for MAGA Nation every day, because her cohosts are liberal hacks. 

To be clear, I don’t find Meghan particularly smart or interesting. Even a lot of her points that she makes are kind of basic, but at the very least she’s not just spouting the GOP party line. I could put together a montage of her having differing opinions that aren’t lockstep with Republicans. I doubt I could put together five minutes of Joy agreeing with Republicans or praising a Republican President and she’s been on this show for 20 years.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

OH! HER! GOD!   Since Abby learned to use the word "punt," does she have to use it every blinkin' day?

In trying to explain how the system worked, Sunny actually glanced at Abby and used the same word.

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, longobongo said:

No one has to do anything in this life--except die and pay taxes!

But sadly not in that order 😆!

  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

Meghan:  Eric Holder, under Obama, decided against pursuing persecution of Assange out of concern that WikiLeaks was "a journalistic organization," that would raise First Amendment issues.

Your vocabulary lesson for the day.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

For those of you that did not watch to the end of the show, Joy clarified that Julian Assange is accuse of leaking info not hacking.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

8 minutes ago, bannana said:

Once again she thinks it's all about her.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Like 12
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Folks, several things:

1, I understand Meghan defending Trump or not is show-relevant, but let's not go off into the weeds on political subjects that weren't discussed on the current episode of show, simply to make points. Make your points without political asides.

2, This thread is for discussion of the week's episodes, not for generalized host discussion.  Please take generalized host discussion to their own threads.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Megan and Abby were acting like Obama and the DOJ did not want to prosecute Assange in 2010 because they were being partisan hacks. Sunny's point was that Assange putting information out there was wrong and abhorrent, but it was protected by the first amendment and could not be prosecuted.  Sunny never said he was not a cyberterrorist.  Megan was confusing the issues as always, making it all about her tribe and how the Democrats are bad. She also distorted everything Sunny said and called her a propaganda mouth piece. It was uncalled for and rude, Sunny's expression as they cut to commercial was telling.  Megan was projecting on Sunny what she does everyday.  

It is because Meghan doesn't listen.  Her next comment (and her assumptions about what is going to be said) is all queued up in her little brain ready to pounce.  She would be better served and look less inflammatory if she actually paused a bit before speaking.  Frankly I am tired of her thinking she knows it all because she was Congress adjacent via dad.  She has just enough knowledge to sound smart next to people who BARELY pay attn to news.  She is also too tribal and too quick to make disparaging remarks to others who have lived a lot longer than she and perhaps hasn't been in such a gilded cage.  

  • Like 24

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, falltime said:

For those of you that did not watch to the end of the show, Joy clarified that Julian Assange is accuse of leaking info not hacking.

And the charge is regarding his acquiring/leaking the Chelsea Manning info, nothing to do with Hillary's or the DNC's emails. Yet. Just to clarify. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Meghan:  Eric Holder, under Obama, decided against pursuing persecution of Assange out of concern that WikiLeaks was "a journalistic organization," that would raise First Amendment issues.

Your vocabulary lesson for the day.

You beat me to it 🙂

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, ari333 said:

You beat me to it 🙂

On another page (The View in the Media?) someone posted a little video interview with Abby and Meghan.  Meghan said, "You're the ying to my yang."  There are things we can learn by listening to other people...and by reading.  Is she doing either?

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

She would be better served and look less inflammatory if she actually paused a bit before speaking. 

Maybe she needs to be returned to the factory to have her PAUSE button either repaired or installed.  Her fast-forward button could be removed.

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, 27bored said:

Abby isn’t confrontational like Meghan, even though I get why, so that leaves Meghan to make the whole case for MAGA Nation every day, because her cohosts are liberal hacks. 

When I worked in politics, we knew various "hacks," and they were the guys (yes, guys!) who didn't necessarily care about the candidate or the platform.  They were there for the "game" of winning (or the paycheck, sometimes).  Perhaps "hacks" isn't the best term to use with the ladies of The View.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. "Political hack" is a pejorative term describing a person who is part of the political party apparatus, but whose intentions are more aligned with victory than personal conviction. The term "hired gun" is often used in tandem to further describe the moral bankruptcy of the "hack".

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Maybe she needs to be returned to the factory to have her PAUSE button either repaired or installed.  Her fast-forward button could be removed.

Maybe find a mute button for Meghan. 

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Today on The View Barbara Corcoran of Shark Tank got bleeped while showing one of her products....what did she say that she got bleeped.  Right after she got bleeped she said, “well I won’t be invited back after that.”

Edited by Tex2step
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Tex2step said:

what did she say that she got bleeped

I think it was "shit."  No big deal.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

OH! HER! GOD!   Since Abby learned to use the word "punt," does she have to use it every blinkin' day?

In trying to explain how the system worked, Sunny actually glanced at Abby and used the same word.

Thank you!!  My god, please stop with the punting. I get the analogy but sometime you have to punt. It’s fourth down with no other option to score. 

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Megan and Abby were acting like Obama and the DOJ did not want to prosecute Assange in 2010 because they were being partisan hacks. Sunny's point was that Assange putting information out there was wrong and abhorrent, but it was protected by the first amendment and could not be prosecuted.  Sunny never said he was not a cyberterrorist.  Megan was confusing the issues as always, making it all about her tribe and how the Democrats are bad. She also distorted everything Sunny said and called her a propaganda mouth piece. It was uncalled for and rude, Sunny's expression as they cut to commercial was telling.  Megan was projecting on Sunny what she does everyday.  

People think that leaking is bad when it’s done to their side and call it whistle blowing when it’s the other side. Partisanship is out of control in America! Very sad indeed.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

On another page (The View in the Media?) someone posted a little video interview with Abby and Meghan.  Meghan said, "You're the ying to my yang."  There are things we can learn by listening to other people...and by reading.  Is she doing either?

None of them listen to each other. They all just spew their sides talking points while constantly interrupting and talking over each other. It doesn’t help their cause since they are proving the people right who refer to The View panelists as a bunch of cackling hens.

Edited by PeterBrady · Reason: Typo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

9 minutes ago, PeterBrady said:

It doesn’t help their cause since they are proving the people right who refer to The View panelists as a bunch of cackling hens.

It all probably started with Sweaty Geddie who wanted to "make sparks."  Before his brainstorm we listened to interesting adults having conversations and providing information and entertainment.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I appreciate all of the ladies' kindness and compassion towards Wendy Williams' situation.  Because that is the right way to be.  Unfortunately, Wendy Williams would not be doing the same for them if the shoe was on the other foot.  She revels in the misery of others on her show and is gleeful about it.

  • Like 18
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

I appreciate all of the ladies' kindness and compassion towards Wendy Williams' situation.  Because that is the right way to be.  Unfortunately, Wendy Williams would not be doing the same for them if the shoe was on the other foot.  She revels in the misery of others on her show and is gleeful about it.

Wendy has spent years bringing people down with glee and perhaps now she will uplift people with her platform. I doubt it, but, stranger things have happened in life.

  • Like 10
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

Eh. It's nice that Kim Kardashian wants to be a lawyer. I love what she did for Alice Johnson, but I agree with Sunny - no shortcuts. There isn't really any reason why she can't go to a 4 year college first and then head to law school. She's young and she's crazy rich. She can quit all her "jobs," whatever those jobs may be, and commit all her time to doing it. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Like 13
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

I have mixed feelings about Wendy. I used to watch her show until she started imploding on the air about a year and a half ago. I haven’t watched much since then. Her TV show is fairly tame, her radio show is where she stepped over the line (e.g Telling the world Method Man’s wife has cancer before the woman had even told her parents). But reading the reports of the abuse she suffered from her husband - he beat her up in the dressing room (allegedly), he wouldn’t let her have a phone (allegedly), he cut off her relationships with friends (allegedly) he cheated on her when she was pregnant with their son (proven) and he’s now fathered a child with a mistress and WOW! Wendy has been through it. I am sorry she was in that sutuation for many years and I do wish her sobriety and happiness. 

I thought the ladies of The View handled the topic very well. Even Meghan McCain impressed me when she said that unlike her Wendy is self made and had no support system. 

  • Like 12
  • Surprise 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Eh. It's nice that Kim Kardashian wants to be a lawyer. I love what she did for Alice Johnson, but I agree with Sunny - no shortcuts. There isn't really any reason why she can't go to a 4-year college first and then head to law school. She's young and she's crazy rich. She can quit all her "jobs," whatever those are, and commit all her time to doing it. 

If this happened before the college acceptance scandal thing, I would be of the opinion that Kim also had some "assistance" with getting into law school.

I am just so over the Kardashians, and I don't really care what any of them do or say.

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post

1 minute ago, Alexis2291 said:

She can quit all her "jobs," whatever those are, and commit all her time to doing it. 

I think one of her main "jobs" that makes her beaucoup buck$ is pimping products on her various social media platforms.  You know, all of those lovely diet (read: diarrhea) shakes and such.  Tells her followers how fabu they are and makes hundreds of thousands of dollars doing nothing.  So she wouldn't have to even quit this "job." 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, atomic said:

Zzzzzzzzz nothing but fluff topics today.

Well, of course.  It's Friday and we don't want to end out the week upsetting anyone now would we?  🙄

  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, SPinCA said:

I have mixed feelings about Wendy. I used to watch her show until she started imploding on the air about a year and a half ago. I haven’t watched much since then. Her TV show is fairly tame, her radio show is where she stepped over the line (e.g Telling the world Method Man’s wife has cancer before the woman had even told her parents).

Don't forget that radio interview she did with Whitney Houston where she basically asked her on-air if she was a crackhead. So awful.

I also have mixed feelings about this. I hate what she's going through but she's spent her entire career bringing others down and trying to humiliate them. 

8 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I am just so over the Kardashians, and I don't really care what any of them do or say.

I try to avoid anything Kardashian-related as much as possible. 

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/11/2019 at 4:07 PM, falltime said:

For those of you that did not watch to the end of the show, Joy clarified that Julian Assange is accuse of leaking info not hacking.

22 hours ago, Haleth said:

And the charge is regarding his acquiring/leaking the Chelsea Manning info, nothing to do with Hillary's or the DNC's emails. Yet. Just to clarify. 

The thing is, Assange is charged with conspiracy to hack into a Pentagon computer.

If I understand it correctly, specifically, it is alleged Assange helped Manning hack the password(s) for (an)other account(s) so she could steal info, without the downloads being tied to her account. See item #7.

I knew this by the time I saw Joy's clarification, so I wasn't sure why the producers made her say that on the air. If I was already seeing the indictment online, I'm not sure why the ABC News division wasn't. It's disgraceful the producers made one of their co-hosts issue what amounts to a false correction.

Edited by General Days · Reason: insert omitted word
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

Kim K wanting to become a lawyer?  

It's like an 11 year old, watching TV shows, and thinking "I can do that!"  whether it be a criminal lawyer, a brain surgeon, whatever.   And then the parents tell them to study hard, get good grades, and MAYBE they can do that.    Nobody is around to give K a good dose of reality.   Like -  Hey, didn't you drop out of college?  Maybe get a bachelor degree!  or -   You know that MOST lawyers do not defend criminal cases on court, right?   Most of them do boring contracts and deeds and stuff.  

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size