Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 4/8/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, seltzer3 said:

Meghan McCain has inspired me to reply back to my coworkers "its your job to listen to me."  Although that probably would get me fired.

I think we could try it with our kids--if we had children under fifteen.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

Are these View Ladies strictly in these categories?  And are we allowed only two categories?  Maybe liberals should start griping about being under-represented.

• Joy ~ Liberal
  • Whoopi ~ Liberal
  • Sunny ~ Iffy
  • Ana ~ Conservative
  • Meghan ~ Conservative
  • Abby ~ Conservative
  • Love 14

Based on their behavior today, there must've been some sort of mediation between Joy and MM: 

1.  MM agreed she will not interrupt and try to talk over someone else who is speaking.

2.  Joy agreed that MM will get "her turn" to read her blue card talking points and will get the opportunity to speak last before going to commercial 

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, sevenrings said:

She does that anytime they talk about anything sexual (not that gynos are sexual, but). She's such a child. 

Whiny McNepotism acting ridiculously childish/prudish when sex topics are discussed is blatantly hypocritical--given the book she wrote and her loose lifestyle before marrying into a fundamentalist family. Apparently her MIL watches the show so Grumpy McCan't has to act embarrassed.

Strange on two counts:

1. How is MIL not ashamed of Whiny's rudeness and lack of manners? 

2. Why is MIL ok with Grumpy  worshipping RHONY , esp the horrible one that MM fangirled totally when she was on?  

Hypocrites, all. 

• Love 11
55 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Are these View Ladies strictly in these categories?  And are we allowed only two categories?  Maybe liberals should start griping about being under-represented.

• Joy ~ Liberal
  • Whoopi ~ Liberal
  • Sunny ~ Iffy
  • Ana ~ Conservative
  • Meghan ~ Conservative
  • Abby ~ Conservative

I'd argue Sunny is the most liberal one. She's also the most aware of current issues more so than Whoopi and Joy. She does lean to the right on certain social issues, mainly being pro-life, however she doesn't shame women's choices. 

• Love 12
10 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Abby needs to hurry up and go on maternity leave. 

"When I think of someone bringing the country together, I don't think of Maxine Waters."

Okay Abby. What does that have to do with the clip? Steven Mnuchin disrespected her, plain and simple. 

Then she brought up Maxine Waters' comments about confronting Trump supporters and telling them they're not welcome.

"So if we see General Mattis, who is no longer in the administration, out at a restaurant, should we go up to him and tell him he's not welcome?" 

Not sure what that has to do with anything, but alright Abby.

Sunny was correct at the end in that Meghan and Abby kept bringing up things that happened outside of the hearing, rather than actually talk about the clip they showed in the beginning of the segment. Good thing Whoopi's not on the show today, as I'm sure she would've butted in before Sunny could say anything.

And Meghan implying that she "yearns" for Democrats and Republicans to get along again with her track history of disrespecting Joy, calling Democrats the party of infanticide, and on and on and on, is laughable. Girl, shut up. You're part of the problem.

Abby was just saying that Sunny et al were vigorously defending Maxine Waters when she is being disrespectful towards Republican politicians yet are outraged when the reverse happens. The hypocrisy is glaring. That’s why politics suck! Both sides are brutally hypocritical, yet neither side recognizes or acknowledges it. 

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, PeterBrady said:

Abby was just saying that Sunny et al were vigorously defending Maxine Waters when she is being disrespectful towards Republican politicians yet are outraged when the reverse happens. The hypocrisy is glaring. That’s why politics suck! Both sides are brutally hypocritical, yet neither side recognizes or acknowledges it. 

Except that’s not what happened. 

At what point did Sunny “vigorously” defend Maxine Waters for being disrespectful to Republican politicians? Unless we were watching different shows today, that didn’t happen. Abby never directly discussed the interaction between Mnuchin and Maxine Waters, which was Sunny’s point towards the end of the segment - instead, Abby pivoted to comments Maxine Waters made in the past, which were unrelated to the topic at hand. 

• Love 23
15 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Except that’s not what happened. 

At what point did Sunny “vigorously” defend Maxine Waters for being disrespectful to Republican politicians? Unless we were watching different shows today, that didn’t happen. Abby never directly discussed the interaction between Mnuchin and Maxine Waters, which was Sunny’s point towards the end of the segment - instead, Abby pivoted to comments Maxine Waters made in the past, which were unrelated to the topic at hand. 

I’m sorry if I wasn’t clear. On today’s show, Abby mentioned the incident where Maxine Waters said that “if you see anybody from that Trump cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd and you push back on them....” Waters said this last June. On The View episode following Maxine Waters saying this, Sunny did vigorously defend her. That is what I was talking about. Sunny had no problem with Maxine being disrespectful to Republicans at that time, but now she is appalled when a Republican disrespects Maxine. That’s the hypocrisy that I was referring to. 

Edited by PeterBrady
  • Love 1

Abby never directly discussed the interaction between Mnuchin and Maxine Waters, which was Sunny’s point towards the end of the segment - instead, Abby pivoted to comments Maxine Waters made in the past, which were unrelated to the topic at hand. 

And that, Ladies and Germs, is how she gained the middle name, "Meander."

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
24 minutes ago, PeterBrady said:

I’m sorry if I wasn’t clear. On today’s show, Abby mentioned the incident where Maxine Waters said that “if you see anybody from that Trump cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd and you push back on them....” Waters said this last June. On The View episode following Maxine Waters saying this, Sunny did vigorously defend her. That is what I was talking about. Sunny had no problem with Maxine being disrespectful to Republicans at that time, but now she is appalled when a Republican disrespects Maxine. That’s the hypocrisy that I was referring to. 

Here’s the clip I guess you’re referring to. 

All of this is irrelevant though. The table was asked about the exchange between Mnuchin and Maxine Waters today, not what she said a year ago.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 15
5 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

Chelsea was on Howard Stern's show today. There's a recap of their interview that addressed it. "Howard asked Chelsea about when she was on The View the other day and how they had two of the women not sit in. She said that she saw Megan McCain back stage. She said that they just said it was too many women out there so they cut back." This is from marksfriggin.com.

WTF? Too many women out there? There didn’t seem a problem when Ian Smith was out there with his massive table of food? Lies, lies, lies...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16
29 minutes ago, PeterBrady said:

I’m sorry if I wasn’t clear. On today’s show, Abby mentioned the incident where Maxine Waters said that “if you see anybody from that Trump cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd and you push back on them....”

She was speaking to a crowd, about protesting members of trump's cabinet.  

She was NOT disrespecting someone, to their face, when they were leading a meeting.  That's why the argument doesn't apply. the two situations were entirely different.  

• Love 20
2 hours ago, bannana said:

I watched the exchange between Mnuchin and Waters.  Not only was he a bumbling child-man idiot, he had zero respect for Congress and the Chair of the Committee.  I saw where someone said, what if Hillary Clinton had spoken to Trey Gowdy like that.

He thinks he's a Big Shot because he sucks up to Donald Trump, because he has a hot/young-ish/new-ish wife, and because he flies around in a private plane.  Wait...again, that's OUR plane!

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 10
On 4/8/2019 at 11:14 AM, Cementhead said:

Every time Sunny's hands get up into the shot it freaks me the hell out because they don't match her face and chest.  They are so very pink and look like they belong to somebody else's body. 

And I am sorry that I can't remember which poster among us said this last week but every time Abby says something about Trump now, all I can think of is that she is speaking about her father's boss.  It colours everything she says about him and it colours everything I hear when she speaks now.  I basically give two shits about any thought or opinion she expresses about daddy's boss. 

I've been noticing that for awhile, and I don't think I've ever seen anyone mention it.  The color doesn't come anywhere close to matching her face, and I've always chalked it up to her face being overly made-up with the wrong color.  I have no idea, but it's very obvious to me every time they show Sunny's hands, which is pretty often.

And yes, re Abby.  I don't care what she says about anything because she's just so vapid.  But the Trump stuff is especially ridiculous.  Yes, he's daddy's boss.  And not only that, but she is not the kind of person who would ever stand her ground and speak her actual mind.  She's not informed enough, and I think she knows that.  Most of the time when she speaks, it's like she's just spinning her wheels.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
On 4/8/2019 at 2:58 PM, Drumpf1737 said:

lol did you miss the Elizabeth Hasselbeck era on this show?

Meghan is FAR worse.  I was no fan of Elisabeth, but I think Meghan is much, much worse in absolutely every way.

• Love 23
2 hours ago, DebbieM4 said:

Joy is not one-note, btw.

Not to put words in anyone's mouth, but maybe it was meant to say that Joy is one-note NOW. It seems like all her one-track thoughts are about "impeach Trump" "get him out of the white house" "bring him down" and so on and so forth. After a while, it's the SOS, different day.

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, DebbieM4 said:

(Joy is not one-note, btw.  She has discussed countless topics in all her years on this show, and shared numerous opinions about all kinds of things.  She also knows how to have a conversation - how to joke, how to laugh, how to be serious, how to be informed, and how to be interesting.  Clearly you don't like her, but she most certainly talks about many, many other topics beside Trump.)

2 hours ago, MsTree said:

Not to put words in anyone's mouth, but maybe it was meant to say that Joy is one-note NOW. It seems like all her one-track thoughts are about "impeach Trump" "get him out of the white house" "bring him down" and so on and so forth. After a while, it's the SOS, different day.

Exactly. Joy has barely had an opinion beyond Fuck Trump in damn near three years. She’s entitled to it, but that does make her one note.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Meghan partially resented Joy for always making her be the Trump defender on the panel, even notionally, and that’s why she snapped at her.

To use an example to illustrate my point: it would be like if you were having a conversation about music with a friend, and they said, “that band sucks” and you generally agree, or maybe even kind of agree but you take their point. Then they say, “every song, every album they put out was complete garbage”. Now you might agree that the band is bad in broad strokes, but you wouldn’t be that absolute. So then you offer a slight demurral: “well, I do like some of their songs/one of their albums” and then your friend says something “oooooh, so you DO like them. After all, you’re defending them.”

See what I mean? It’s not about just giving her a turn to speak; Whoopi, Joy, Sunny, and Ana (when she’s there) sometimes do too much. Meghan doesn’t like Trump, and she has critiques of the Republican Party like they do. My point about respect is to say don’t always make her the milk in your espresso. Don’t always put her in the position to be the “well, actually...” chick. It makes her look contrary and argumentative and, well, bitchy. Some of that does come down to Meghan’s personality, but a lot of it is the dynamic of the show.

Edited by 27bored
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

She was speaking to a crowd, about protesting members of trump's cabinet.  

She was NOT disrespecting someone, to their face, when they were leading a meeting.  That's why the argument doesn't apply. the two situations were entirely different.  

I don’t want to get political and this topic was discussed on the show, but I have to ask this. Is telling someone to be disrespectful okay as long as you don’t do it to their face? Does that make any sense? I don’t see the situations as being all that different. This is what I meant when I said both sides cannot recognize or acknowledge hypocrisy from their own side.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan does not have to defend Trump. 

Not to go tit-for-tat, but this what I meant by my analogy. If you say Nickleback sucks, we can generally agree. If you say every song Nickleback ever put out was garbage, I then have to “defend” them by naming some of their songs that were good. Or go along with your absolute statement.

Meghan has to “defend” Trump because the rest of the panel is one note. I saw a clip from a week or so ago where Joy said there were no scandals under Obama. I literally stared at phone and went “woooooow...”. Even when the Mueller report came out and no charges were filed against after him insisting he didn’t collude with Russia, the panel couldn’t just admit that Trump was investigated and they got nothing on him, they had to sit and come up with every dumb reason to “withhold” judgment until the entire report comes out (which it never will). Joy said she felt Trump asking Comey to take it easy on Flynn was obstruction — then again she’s openly admitted she just wants him out of office — even though he wasn’t charged with that, either. 

Meghan was the one who had to say maybe a Trump supporter should be sitting here because I don’t like him, but he said he was innocent and he wasn’t charged after two years. It is what it is. 

Those are some examples of how she’s “forced” to defend Trump.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Wasn’t really a fan of the Shark Tank cast members being part of Hot Topics today.

And what is it with that stupid head shake thing she does when someone talks to her the way she talks to them? Like she's surprised when someone at the table stands up to her.

Exactly!!!

She’s always catching an attitude with others and interrupting everybody else, but the minute anybody gives it back to her, she’s so appalled! 

Edited by sevenrings
  • Love 23
5 minutes ago, sevenrings said:

Wasn’t really a fan of the Shark Tank cast members being part of Hot Topics today.

Too many hosts when they had Chelsea Handler?  I think there was more to it than  that!

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, Jewell2 said:

Too many hosts when they had Chelsea Handler?  I think there was more to it than  that!

That was my first thought too. They had 7 people at the table.  My second thought was that this is boring. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
14 minutes ago, Jewell2 said:

I think the producers were afraid Meghan would say something ridiculous and Chelsea would hand her her ass.

• LOL 5
  • Love 19

You know what I didn’t expect? Someone to be pissed off because Julian Assange was arrested. Meghan McCain must rage and shriek at the clouds in the sky, too.

I tuned out when the Shark Tank people came on.

3 hours ago, 27bored said:

Meghan has to “defend” Trump because the rest of the panel is one note.

I won't comment on the Mueller stuff because that's off-topic, but as for this... I guess I’m not watching the same show here, because the other ladies are all different from one another. McCain is drastically unlike the rest of the table because she acts vile and reprehensible daily, but her being night and day with the rest doesn’t erase the nuances of the others’ personalities and responses topic to topic. McCain defends Trump because she wants to and chooses to. She does it eagerly, and it has nothing to do with what the rest of the panel does or doesn't say. It has to do with her own lack of principles and character.

• Love 23

Today, one bickering topic that was just getting good with Sunny slapping down Meghan, then off to 99 commercials.

Come back to a Shark Tank informercial and I'm out!! Click!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16
7 hours ago, MsTree said:

I don’t agree that Joy is one-note now.   What I meant is that throughout all of her time on this show (including currently) she has talked about a variety of topics and expressed opinions about all of them.  They discuss politics more now than they used to, and Trump is in the news nearly every day, so of course she talks about him.   She’s outraged by what’s going on, and she’s far from alone in feeling that way.   But she actively jumps into conversations about many, many other topics, and has no problem contributing to those conversations in meaningful ways. 

• Love 23

It’s common for only 2/3 ladies to interview a celebrity guest. I can recall Meghan being absent from the table before but I don’t remember who the celebrities were. When some boyband (Bobby Brown was a member) visited the show recently Sunny and Meghan were the two interviewers. I’m not sure how they decide who stays at the table. 

• Love 3