Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 4/8/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

I don't know why Ms. Twat wasn't at the table when Chelsea Handler was interviewed. Or Ms. Bland. But if it was because Chelsea demanded it, then it's a change from how Barbara would have handled it. Back when they had the couch, and she was on, Barry Manilow was supposed to appear. He said he didn't want Bitsy there (because of that whole Split-screen and Rosie being gone), but according to Bawa, if a guest appears, he or she is "interviewed" by ALL, or they are disinvited. So Barry ended up not appearing.

But Chelsea doesn't strike me as someone who would do this. Simply because I think she'd be able to handle those two windbags. There wouldn't be a Bill Maher to stand up and try to protect Meghan's ignorant ass.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
15 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

If she didn't realize how badly she sounded in the moment she had to have realized right after when the audience gasped.  She could have apologized right then and there but she didn't. I'm sure in her mind she is the victim in all this.  

In her ignorant mind, Megan is a victim of the evil left.  That is always the stance her ilk takes when you challenge them in any way.  They have a way of twisting things in their favor.  

• Love 22

Wow. Joy had to give Meghan permission to speak. Has she been muzzled?  And Joy apologized for having to cut her off for commercials. I think HR (or more likely producers) told them to play nice or have a time out. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Haleth said:

Wow. Joy had to give Meghan permission to speak. Has she been muzzled?

Muzzled, nah. I think it's her having the last word. She, I think mentioned it last week?  That she chooses to speak last. I think it's something the producers give the big baby.

• Love 11
21 hours ago, Marigny said:

From here on out, I shall refer to her as Angelica Pickles from Rugrats. She's blonde, entitled, throws tantrums, and they both have a high pitched shriek.

You know Angelica Pickles formerly know as Elsa is pissed that Joy is there today being the moderator, you know she is really having a bad morning from the minute that bitchy face of her stepped out, she had two of her top nemesis (sp) at the table - who are more professional, smarter but that won't take much!  When you are talking about Maxine Waters and her behavior, , I am sorry but there is no way in HELL that anyone should take advice from you about anything other then to know how  to be a good human being DO NOT BE LIKE Angelica.

Angelica#2 you can almost go to Hell, we know where your pockets are lined from and your IQ and behavior and everything you say is wrong.

Here is the rest of the week and season without Angelica's protector. fairy godmother!  She will be quiet!

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, Haleth said:

And Joy apologized for having to cut her off for commercials.

Come again? I thought it's the stupid producers, yelling in the ear pieces that tells them to go to commercial? We see Whoopi arguing with them all the time when she has to do so. So why is JOY apologizing? If that Twat didn't have diarrhea-of-the-mouth and insisting she get to speak first, second, in the middle, and last, there would be no need to cut her rabid ass off. They should probably have the producers, wearing giant S' on their foreheads, troop out, genuflect and apologize to the bratty princess of nothing.

Sorry show. But this is not good enough.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
11 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

Just a thought - when she loses her shit, she gets red and spotchy on her upper chest. Do you think they're trying these church-lady matronly blouses a preemptive strike against her giveaway "tell" that she's freaking out?

Also, another tic of hers is that she strokes her hair as a self-comforting move when she's stressed. We saw it a lot when she first joined the show. At her father's funeral, when she was doing the eulogy, her hair was up, and I caught her reaching up at one point to stroke her hair, which of course wasn't there.

I don't think the hair flip yesterday was a defiant one (although it was a terrible time for her to do it, right after she blasted Joy). I think she realized what she had done and immediately went to her stressed-out "pet my hair for comfort" move. I think the second the bile came out of her mouth, she realized how bad she sounded. 

You may be onto something re the blouse choice!  She does pet her hair a lot as well.  A lot of self soothing.

In looking at the video compilation of her talking about her father I noticed how much weight she has gained since joining the show.  On one hand I applaud her for not being a slave to her weight but on the other hand I suspect she eats her feelings a lot.  She may want to get a handle on that sooner rather than later or it will get out of control and possibly start affecting her health. 

I do think the show needs the conservative view.  It is the arrogance, condescension, trigger happy temper and nasty attitude towards the audience/fellow hosts that needs to go.  There is room for all views but you will NOT change minds or at least open them if you act like a bitch.    

• Love 17
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I don't know why Ms. Twat wasn't at the table when Chelsea Handler was interviewed. Or Ms. Bland. But if it was because Chelsea demanded it, then it's a change from how Barbara would have handled it. Back when they had the couch, and she was on, Barry Manilow was supposed to appear. He said he didn't want Bitsy there (because of that whole Split-screen and Rosie being gone), but according to Bawa, if a guest appears, he or she is "interviewed" by ALL, or they are disinvited. So Barry ended up not appearing.

But Chelsea doesn't strike me as someone who would do this. Simply because I think she'd be able to handle those two windbags. There wouldn't be a Bill Maher to stand up and try to protect Meghan's ignorant ass.

Chelsea would not have done that. As you said, she can handle anybody. She invited Ann Coulter to be on her Netflix show (although Ann ultimately cancelled), and debated Tomi Lahren at a Politico event last year. She would have no problem with Meghan McCain. I assume Meghan herself asked to not be a part of it, or the producers just picked who does what interview.

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, sevenrings said:

I did not like how Joy was being so friendly towards Meghan today. It seems like somebody backstage told her to treat Meghan nicer, which she doesn't deserve.

And Abby's comments about Maxine Waters were ridiculous. Sometimes I don't mind her, then she opens her mouth.

Abby is just like Megan without the nastiness. Maxine is hated by the right, so she bashes her for that reason alone.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 17
13 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

In looking at the video compilation of her talking about her father I noticed how much weight she has gained since joining the show.  On one hand I applaud her for not being a slave to her weight but on the other hand I suspect she eats her feelings a lot.  She may want to get a handle on that sooner rather than later or it will get out of control and possibly start affecting her health. 

Meghan's weight is already out of control.

Add the cigar smoking and Jack Daniel's drinking and healthy is last on her list. That is how she rolls. She eats, drinks and smokes whatever she wants.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Add the cigar smoking and Jack Daniel's drinking and healthy is last on her list. That is how she rolls. She eats, drinks and smokes whatever she wants.

Money and "being in politics your whole life" won't get her good health. At some point all her bad habits will catch up to her.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I agree Chelsea wouldn't do that, except during her appearances on the imaginary show in my head. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
28 minutes ago, sevenrings said:

I assume Meghan herself asked to not be a part of it, or the producers just picked who does what interview.

Or MyProducerBrian is protecting Whoopi's Babe.  (I dare not mention a pun)

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
22 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Can you even imagine how nasty she is to the wardrobe people? Perhaps a pair of parachute pants would be more comfortable for her or better yet, someone could just throw a whole parachute over her.

or she could also just raid whoopi's wardrobe.

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Wow. Joy had to give Meghan permission to speak. Has she been muzzled?  And Joy apologized for having to cut her off for commercials.

Joy sometimes leads therapy groups. Perhaps she's gradually leading Meghan into it and Meghan will bite...hook, line, and sinker.  Let therapy continue!

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
59 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Meghan's weight is already out of control.

She is such an outlaw!  😂

• LOL 14
  • Love 1

Mnuchin came across as an entitled teenager, mouthing off to a teacher, and hoping the rest of the class would follow along.   "Teacher, I TOLD you I had to leave early, so you need to pound your little gavel/gravel thingy and dismiss the class." 

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
41 minutes ago, dr. gailey said:

Always wanting us to give the man in the White House credit for the bare minimum,

Oh, Dr. Gailey, you're such a meanie.  Can't you see that Abby has struggled through life being able to do only the "bare minimum"?  She's on the show to stick up for all those other kids who never had a chance.  (Well, all the other billionaires' kids who are very pretty.)

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Isn't he the one with the trashy wife?  Maybe he was late to take her shopping.

Why worry?  "Our" plane will wait for them...for as long as it takes.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Meg often works my last nerve in terms of what she says.  I don’t agree with most of it, and she is a bit of a pampered princess…and I wish she would get rid of those damn blue notecards and stop spewing statistics.  I wish she wouldn’t see things in black & white all the time.  I wish she wouldn’t sneak in those last minute, under her breath comments when Joy’s speaking, etc.  I wish she would stop saying “Democrats need to…” and start saying “Republicans need to…”.  (I also have a laundry list of what I wish the other View hosts would not do, but I won’t get into that just now).

Having said that - I must say I don’t have it in me to criticize her appearance (in relation to her weight).  Women go up and down in size, and if we’re skinny, it’s not always because, say, we only smoke and never eat, for example, or because we can’t tear ourselves away from the gym, and if we’re chunky, it’s not always because we are scarfing down food 24/7, or because we don’t care about ourselves.  Weight is a complex issue.  Maybe she “eats” her feelings – maybe she doesn’t.   It hurts a bit to feel the glee in the air when we say things like “her habits are gonna catch up with her”, “she soon won’t be able to get up on that stool”, etc.  If you’ve ever had this said about you, you might think, “what does the size of my behind have to do with anything?”.  I get vitriol when it’s directed at a person’s (asinine) comments, but not when it’s directed at their body.  Especially when it’s couched in fake concern for their health.

I guess maybe this belongs in the Meg thread, now that I think of it…wait, did I just write a paragraph in defense of Meg? LOL.

• LOL 3
  • Love 19
3 hours ago, sevenrings said:

I did not like how Joy was being so friendly towards Meghan today. It seems like somebody backstage told her to treat Meghan nicer, which she doesn't deserve.

I

I was hoping Joy took the high road, realizing that Whiny McNepotism is not going to change.  

Joy has a rich history of work, friends, family, and life, that she created on her own and she is widely respected. 

Grumpy McCan't is nothing but a name, and she will be forgotten, eventually. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

Oh, Dr. Gailey, you're such a meanie.  Can't you see that Abby has struggled through life being able to do only the "bare minimum"?  She's on the show to stick up for all those other kids who never had a chance.  (Well, all the other billionaires' kids who are very pretty.)

But no one voted for her for class president. Oh, the humanity!  😱

Mnuchin was rude and dismissive. His arrogance is appalling. 

10 minutes ago, OhSarah69 said:

- I must say I don’t have it in me to criticize her appearance (in relation to her weight). 

My only concern for her is that she seems to be using her unresolved grief and anger as an excuse to not take care of herself. She really, really should see a professional about dealing with her emotions. I don't mean that in a snarky way, as much as I don't care for her I think her personality would be sooooo much more pleasant if she could unburden herself. 

• Love 11
32 minutes ago, OhSarah69 said:

Meg often works my last nerve in terms of what she says.  I don’t agree with most of it, and she is a bit of a pampered princess…and I wish she would get rid of those damn blue notecards and stop spewing statistics.  I wish she wouldn’t see things in black & white all the time.  I wish she wouldn’t sneak in those last minute, under her breath comments when Joy’s speaking, etc.  I wish she would stop saying “Democrats need to…” and start saying “Republicans need to…”.  (I also have a laundry list of what I wish the other View hosts would not do, but I won’t get into that just now).

Having said that - I must say I don’t have it in me to criticize her appearance (in relation to her weight).  Women go up and down in size, and if we’re skinny, it’s not always because, say, we only smoke and never eat, for example, or because we can’t tear ourselves away from the gym, and if we’re chunky, it’s not always because we are scarfing down food 24/7, or because we don’t care about ourselves.  Weight is a complex issue.  Maybe she “eats” her feelings – maybe she doesn’t.   It hurts a bit to feel the glee in the air when we say things like “her habits are gonna catch up with her”, “she soon won’t be able to get up on that stool”, etc.  If you’ve ever had this said about you, you might think, “what does the size of my behind have to do with anything?”.  I get vitriol when it’s directed at a person’s (asinine) comments, but not when it’s directed at their body.  Especially when it’s couched in fake concern for their health.

I guess maybe this belongs in the Meg thread, now that I think of it…wait, did I just write a paragraph in defense of Meg? LOL.

I totally agree with everything you said. To be clear-when I said someone should throw a parachute over her, it had nothing to do with her weight.  I try not to criticize people's appearances-even though Meg is such a hateful person, I agree that we should not go  there.

Also-I had/have an eating disorder. When I was the sickest and at my absolute worst, I used to get so many compliments on my appearance. We have no fucking idea what someone's health is based on their weight.

Edited by GiveMeSpace
added paragraph
  • Love 15
48 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I don't mean that in a snarky way, as much as I don't care for her I think her personality would be sooooo much more pleasant if she could unburden herself. 

She don't need no steenkin' therapy !!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Abby - get your bullshit irrelevant talking points out of here.

Abby, is your middle name Meander?   Get a subject you're given, have a point..stick with it.  We're tired of having you start a sentence that is relevant...and then meander to something that confuses everyone.  I hope you and your husband are considering that a mom with three babies "under 18 months old" deserves to put a hold her "career" for five or six years.  

You've amassed enough wealth to last that long...and then there are (probably) those family trust funds.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Haleth said:
  15 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

I despise Dr Ian Smith. He has written a new diet book every year for the last 15 years or more. And each one he claims as revolutionary and groundbreaking.

I despise him, too.  Awhile back he was pimping another diet book Shred, and told Wendy he was going to shred her.  She had just talked about being able to fit into her skinny jeans, in Hot Topics that day. She told him too.  I loved it.  He shut up.

Intermittent fasting is not a new concept.  I think that is what his book is about.  I tend to tune him out.  

• Love 11

16 HOURS AGO, CHICAGOCITA SAID:

I do think the show needs the conservative view.  It is the arrogance, condescension, trigger happy temper and nasty attitude towards the audience/fellow hosts that needs to go. 

So true. Why does "conservative view" have to be conflated with such confrontational aspects?"

Unfortunately, from what I've seen since Monday as headlines in some news/entertainment aggregators, the answer seems to be "because it makes for must-see TV." I think there's a good-size chunk of the VIEW-ing population that relishes the gladiatorial combat moments.

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, Cyranetta said:

Unfortunately, from what I've seen since Monday as headlines in some news/entertainment aggregators, the answer seems to be "because it makes for must-see TV." I think there's a good-size chunk of the VIEW-ing population that relishes the gladiatorial combat moments.

The View is capitalizing on the sorry state of the country. Fuck them. I am boycotting and I hope other people will too. Oh also-I will say this, the comments and reactions to MM's behavior on Monday seemed to temporarily , at least, unite a lot of people from both parties-most people agreed that her behavior was abhorrent.

Edited by GiveMeSpace
typo
  • Love 20

When they were talking about gynos, Miss Meggie couldn't just shut up, she had to giggle & chirp to the point that you could barely make out what anyone was saying.  Ana's comment about small hands & preferably warm, was hilarious!!!  Just sayin'.

Edited by Medicine Crow
Missing words.
  • Love 13
9 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I don't know why Ms. Twat wasn't at the table when Chelsea Handler was interviewed.

Chelsea was on Howard Stern's show today. There's a recap of their interview that addressed it. "Howard asked Chelsea about when she was on The View the other day and how they had two of the women not sit in. She said that she saw Megan McCain back stage. She said that they just said it was too many women out there so they cut back." This is from marksfriggin.com.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
31 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

When they were talking about gynos, Miss Meggie couldn't just shut up, she had to giggle & chirp to the point that you could barely make out what anyone was saying.  Ana's comment about small hands & preferably warm, was hilarious!!!  Just sayin'.

She does that anytime they talk about anything sexual (not that gynos are sexual, but). She's such a child. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14