Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 4/8/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Abby Report No. 1

Her earrings are fabulous.  They look like a European medal of honor.  Papillon de guerre

Edited by HaaCHOO
reworded and Francais'd.
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

Whoopi almost made a good point about burning black churches, and then she had to get it all wrong.  It's not atheists attacking these churches.  They're not trying to interfere with their relationship with God.  Good Lord, how does she make such a mess of these things?

White supremacists identify as Christians.  They attack black churches because they're racist, and because these churches, particularly in the south, are politically active.  The churches organize buses to polling places, teach about civil rights, etc.  It's two birds with one stone - attack blacks, and intimidate them politically.

This. I try to get my mind around what Whoopi says, consider there may be a deeper meaning, but I can't find one and I'm lost in the loop.

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
(edited)

Abby Report No. 2      Poor Abby...thinks she's slicker than we are.  

She starts out telling us how Felicity was "very sincere" and humble about it.  "She admitted how wrong she was and how hard it's been with her daughter."  Abby does NOT want Felicity going to jail because she's remorseful.  I assume if any criminal shows remorse, he/she should walk free  ...  After a remark from Sunny (a poor woman goes to jail because she faked an address), she slinks into "these women will be able to move on."  I assume she started out, "NO PRISON FOR FELICITY," and ended with, "Oops, what I get myself into?"

What does this actually mean?  "There are far greater pains than seeing your kid hurt."  I think she was trying to imply the opposite.  Poor Abby.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4

I haven’t seen the show yet, but seeing the HR comments makes me think that MM went to HR  (said in the voice of a four year old that is whining). Because “Whoopi yelled at me, Joy won’t let me talk. Joy gives me dirty looks”. 

Now if Joy went to HR, it’s some serious shit. I have a feeling she takes in all in, stays quiet and then attacks. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 11

I thought Joy went to HR, possible long before yesterday, to no avail. She seemed to be suggesting they do nothing and that is why yesterday happened because they’re useless. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
37 minutes ago, Marigny said:

After that display Meghan put on yesterday, I can't refer to her as Elsa anymore. Elsa has her faults but manages to act like an adult. What we saw yesterday was more in line with how a three-year-old behaves, not a thirty-something professional. From here on out, I shall refer to her as Angelica Pickles from Rugrats. She's blonde, entitled, throws tantrums, and they both have a high pitched shriek.

For those who aren't familiar with the greatness that is Rugrats, behold:

18 Times Angelica Pickles Was The Realest Bitch Who Ever Lived

I loved Rugrats!  And I'm not a kid, or have any kids.  They just make me laugh.  Along with 

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Abby Report No. 2      Poor Abby...thinks she's slicker than we are.  

She starts out telling us how Felicity was "very sincere" and humble about it.  "She admitted how wrong she was and how hard it's been with her daughter."  Abby does NOT want Felicity going to jail because she's remorseful.  I assume if any criminal shows remorse, he/she should walk free  ...  After a remark from Sunny (a poor woman goes to jail because she faked an address), she slinks ino these women "will be able to move on."  I assume she started out, "NO PRISON FOR FELICITY," and ended with, "Oops, what I get myself into?"

Abby is such a flake.

Sometimes, I don't even think she knows what she is saying!!

• Love 14
(edited)

Abby Report No. 3    Poor Abby is a fan of Lori Loughlin

• Abby:  I hope we hear from her. I think we need to beccause I've long been a fan of her and I --it's just really sad to see...
  • Whoopi: Well, you've been a fan of her characters. You don't know her.
  • Abby:  Yeah. I did a...I interviewed her a couple of times and she always talked about how she loved her daughter.  (Whoopi corrects that to the plural.)
  • HaaChoo:  Abby, Abby, Abby...when "stars" are sent out on their little interview tours, they are generally playing yet another character, generally in keeping with their current portrayal.  You don't know Lori.  It will be awhile until you hear from "your" Lori.  Her team of PR people and attorneys will spend time  trying to spin how she's innocent of paying at least a half million dollars to get her daughters into USC as athletes on the crew team.  The only innocent in this segment on The View is you, Poor Abby.
Edited by HaaCHOO
  • LOL 6
  • Love 14
11 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Oh, by the look on Joy's face, she wanted to bitch slap her.

Meghan's Mantra 🙄( Have your sound on)

Screenshot_20190409-015259.jpg

I'll start the Bitchslap Conga line!  I'm just really worried that Joy is going to reach her limit and she's going to walk out.  She'll say she cant work with children anymore. And who could blame her?

• Love 12
30 minutes ago, SPinCA said:

I thought Joy went to HR, possible long before yesterday, to no avail. She seemed to be suggesting they do nothing and that is why yesterday happened because they’re useless. 

Well that's step one.  Noted no avail.  Then take it to their overhead, either the executive board, or before that, the violence in the workplace committee.   It doesn't have to be physical violence, verbal and bullying count.  I would go there next.  Then the Board.

• Love 7

hmm... no political topics even though they were going to discuss another Dem. running for Pres.,  I wonder why...hmm hmm hmm. They do this every time MM has a fit. I will say that it seemed Whoopi was going to transition topics once she spoke about the church burnings. Did she want to be the only one to speak on that?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

• Abby:  I hope we hear from her. I think we need to beccause I've long been a fan of her and I --it's just really sad to see...
  • Abby:  Yeah. I did a...I interviewed her a couple of times and she always talked about how she loved her daughter.  (Whoopi corrects that to the plural.) 
  • HaaChoo:  Abby, Abby, Abby...when "stars" are sent out on their little interview tours, they are generally playing yet another character, generally in keeping with their current portrayal.  You don't know Lori.  It will be awhile until you hear from "your" Lori.  Her team of PR people and attorneys will spend time  trying to spin how she's innocent of paying at least a half million dollars to get her daughters into USC as athletes on the crew team.  The only innocent in this segment on The View is you, Poor Abby.

OnTime:  Abby, you've interviewed Ivanka Trump too but that doesn't mean you know her!!

Anything not clear?

Edited by OnTime
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

Is there a panel of 5 women that is less interested in losing weight becoming bikini ready than this one?  The left side of the table has zero interest in healthy eating and their disdain is apparent. 

... but did you see Miss Meggie chow down?  She couldn't wait to shove the next thing in her mouth!!!  LOL.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

It's a good thing Meghan wasn't at the table when Chelsea was talking about loss.  She would have made it all about her

Maybe Chelsea requested that Meghan NOT be at the table, so she would be able use her allotted segment to speak about herself.

• LOL 5
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, Tammee said:

I loved Rugrats!  And I'm not a kid, or have any kids.  They just make me laugh.

Although women are accepted into animation more and more, most TV animation shows are created/directed by witty, educated, intelligent young men who act younger.  They generally entertain themselves with the scripts and artwork...so many of us automatically enjoy the shows.  My son was an award-winning animation writer in the 90s.  He's still a kid (at 50).

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

HaaChoo:  Abby, Abby, Abby...when "stars" are sent out on their little interview tours, they are generally playing yet another character, generally in keeping with their current portrayal.  You don't know Lori.  It will be awhile until you hear from "your" Lori.  Her team of PR people and attorneys will spend time  trying to spin how she's innocent of paying at least a half million dollars to get her daughters into USC as athletes on the crew team.  The only innocent in this segment on The View is you, Poor Abby.

You'd think she would have learned this after her Ivanka interview. Bless her heart. 

Angelica Pickles is perfect. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

I really dislike the product endorsement segments and wish they'd disappear completely, but still that Dr. Ian Smith bit was a muddled mess. Abby tried to refocus the discussion - unsuccessfully. And c'mon, trying to get Joy, the "Lasagna Queen" to promote it? Not happening. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Lisapooh said:

I come from a long, proud line of straight up hillbilly white trash. If Linebacker Barbie flipped her hair at me, I would have come straight across that table.  

Joy is the Patron Saint of Restraint.

I haven’t watched a full show in ages, only reading the commentary here (and judging by what I’ve read, I’m saving myself from my head exploding in anger by watching this bitch be a disrespectful brat YET AGAIN) but maaaaaaan...the mental picture I got of someone leaping across the table and snatching this c*** off the stool by her extensions is making me giggle like nobody’s business. Someone commented on Angela Rye’s Instagram post about this (the one who someone posted Jemele Hill’s response to here)that Meghan spoke and flipped her hair with the confidence of someone who has never been checked in her life. Just ONCE I want to see someone call her out on her BS immediately and eloquently, on air, without mincing words, with some base in their voice. Will it change her attitude? No. But the satisfaction of watching her get flushed and teary and short circuit would be amazing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 20
10 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

I really dislike the product endorsement segments and wish they'd disappear completely, but still that Dr. Ian Smith bit was a muddled mess. Abby tried to refocus the discussion - unsuccessfully. And c'mon, trying to get Joy, the "Lasagna Queen" to promote it? Not happening. 

I agree.  "Joy's Legendary Lasagna" almost has its own seat at the table.  Seems like it was rude to even bring the Dr. Smith version...especially since he supposedly "knows Joy so well."  Think of how much time/food prep was wasted on that silly segment.  Oh well, it looked beautiful and Meghan was happy...very happy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, SPinCA said:

Unless things have changed A LOT since I last worked (mid-90s) HR has little or no power or control.  There are HR positions in large corporations because the government thinks it regulates various standards of behavior and recordkeeping. They bow to higher authorities. Why didn't HR take down Roger Ailes (and those of his ilk) decades ago?  Because he would squish them like the little ants they are if they looked at him cross-eyed.

• Love 12

Whoopi didn't seem to to understand the significance of white nationalists burning Black churches. 

it's like she thinks the lutherans are setting fire to the catholic churches, and the catholics are setting fire to the Baptist churches, while the Baptists set fires in the Methodist churches.  SHe thought it was about religion and religious differences. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 13

I am now watching Monday's episode (will get to Tuesday soon).  It made me realize something as a very mid-life career changer who decided to give up corporate America and go into teaching.     Watching Joy's face as Meghan spat at her, made me realize that at least when my students make snooty "superiority" comments like Meghan did (which isn't too often, to be fair) they at least have the excuse of being 16-18 years of age...… and if Joy can not go off on her, I too, can and should hold my shit together.                        

I just had a student act like that to me, that day - in fact, and it was for no reason whatsoever.... I now must see that something else is going on in their life and I did the right thing to act like the adult and calmly diffuse their insane remark.  Even if I secretly don't like that student. 

So it was a cathartic episode for me, one I sadly needed today :-0

• Love 22
4 hours ago, Marigny said:

After that display Meghan put on yesterday, I can't refer to her as Elsa anymore. Elsa has her faults but manages to act like an adult. What we saw yesterday was more in line with how a three-year-old behaves, not a thirty-something professional. From here on out, I shall refer to her as Angelica Pickles from Rugrats. She's blonde, entitled, throws tantrums, and they both have a high pitched shriek.

For those who aren't familiar with the greatness that is Rugrats, behold:

18 Times Angelica Pickles Was The Realest Bitch Who Ever Lived

I remember the hellbeast Angelica from watching Rugrats with my cousin when he was a child. I have a feeling little Meggie made Angelica look like a saint.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
9 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I'm sorry but I'm not following this logic at all. This just reads as one big excuse for putting the onus on other people for how Meghan McCain chooses to behave. That is the crux of the issue. Meghan gets called a bitch regardless of what she says because the term bitch is applied to the way she ACTS.

You're saying Meghan's opinion deserves respect. It gets respect. That is demonstrated in the way we see her co-hosts concede time for her to make her points without interruption. It is demonstrated in the consistency of their professionalism regardless of whether they agree with her or not. There is absolute irony is that you're saying the point of the show is to have women with different views but then you say that her co-hosts should temper their opinions on Trump so as to not force Meghan into the spoiler role. Abby also plays that role as another Republican at the table and her interactions with her co-hosts are much more pleasant than what we see with Meghan.  Both sides see each other as contrary - disingenuous to suggest that it is only the Republican side that is made to seem that way when the Republicans at the table do the same. 

Now to be fair, I can't say that everyone would stop harping on Meghan if she only improved the way she behaves on the stage, but for me, that has been the biggest issue with watching her (and why I've essentially stopped watching). I've disagreed with many women on the show, both Republican and Democrat, and I have only taken issue with a woman on the show when they demonstrate unprofessional behaviour (including Joy and Whoopie walking off the stage during a Bill O'Reilly interview). 

I don’t find Meghan to be any more pugilistic than her co-hosts, at least not naturally. I think she tries to be cordial because she knows her opinions are typically in the minority. And if you figure she’d probably be called a bitch anyway, it’s a hard case to say she’s being one from one from moment to the next.

They're not doing her a favor by giving her a chance to speak. She’s a cohost on the show. My point is a little bit more than that. If they understand the dynamic of the show, when it comes to political topics, they need to show her more respect by allowing for the fact that she can’t duke it out with them when they start spouting talking points. Just letting Meghan make her point is fair in a conversational sense, but the show doesn’t encourage respect of her POV because they treat her like she’s just there to fill a quota. On an individual basis I don’t think any of these women should temper their point just for Meghan’s sake, but when it’s three of you basically making the same point, maybe you should just to give the show some equilibrium. And again, allow some room for her POV to percolate, not just give her 20 seconds to speak.

9 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Why should the rest of the panel hold back on how they feel?  If Meghan doesn't want to defend Trump she doesn't have to.  I've never seen Joy or anyone at that table go at her the way she goes at Joy. 

As has been noted by a lot of other posters Meghan acted like a spoiled entitled brat and it isn't the first time.  Her behavior indicates to me that the people in charge have no control over her and frankly don't seem to care.  As much as I didn't like Barbara Walters sometimes she would not have tolerated this.  She created a show that was supposed to be a show about women sharing different views.  It has now devolved into a daytime version of the Real Housewives.

I saw that more in order to have a balanced conversation, not just people taking their turn. The way the show dynamic is set up, it appears as though they barely tolerate Meghan’s POV, so in turn many in the audience barely respect it.

7 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

That's not really surprising considering she burned bridges with the audience a long time ago. They're not going to start liking her after she's acted hateful, condescending, and disrespectful--not just to her co-hosts but to the audience directly--for over a year. I wonder how anyone could win an audience over that way.

I don’t agree with that at all. People give leeway to people they agree with. I don’t think Meghan earned the vitriol she gets at more than the other hosts. 

Edited by 27bored
  • Love 1

I think Meghan is depressed. The anger and irritability has increased a lot this last year (since her Dad passed) and she's also clearly gaining weight. I once read an article saying depression can manifest itself as much through extreme irritability than "I can't get out of bed" immobility. I went through a depressive phase a few years ago...and it manifested itself more though a very distinct "it's NOT FAIR!!" rallying cry from me....not mopey or bluesy. I think that's Meghan this year. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Why does wardrobe continue to dress Meghan in outfits that emphasis the fact she has no waist?  And once again with matronly blouses.  

That what I can't figure out. The blouses are beyond matronly.  They would look matronly on a tall thin woman.  On Meghan's shape even worse.  They could dress her in almost anything and these flowery patterned grandma tops is what they choose?? 

When she walks out in those matronly flowery blouses with the front tied bow, I immediately think of overly body powdered pastor's wife.

*No offense to preacher's wives. It's just a memory I have from childhood.  Very long tight hugs from overly perfumed/powdered church ladies with large breast.  Again no offense they were lovely women but so much beasts and perfume.....gawd, why do I keep typing.*

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • LOL 12
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, OnTime said:

Abby is such a flake.

Sometimes, I don't even think she knows what she is saying!!

Remind you of anyone? 

Starts with a "W," ends with an "hoopi."

6 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Ohhhhhh....i get it! It's like I'm a fan of Oda Mae Brown, but I'm not a fan of Whoopi!

But in all seriousness, I can be a fan of someone's even if I don't know them. It's like I'm a fan of Bradley Cooper so I'll watch anything he comes out in.

Maybe Abby like to watch all the hallmark movies Lori loughlin appears in.

Chelsea is very happy nowadays, huh?

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

First off, I have so enjoyed reading the commentary, trying to get the "vibe" of this site.  I laughed so hard that I was crying.

One relatively new observation I'd like to make about MM's ("Prickly's) remark to Joy about "not listening."  Why on Earth would anyone make an ass on themselves on TV like that--to be replayed and analyzed over and over again.  Granted, during my time there was La Bits (Hasselbeck).  But "Prickly" is a completely different animal.  One would think she would KNOW better, right?  If "Prickly" is trying to seem smart, she's let her emotions get the better of her--unless this is all for ratings--which it very well could be.

On a side-note, Joy Behar is 76?  Wow! She looks fantastic, and she's amazingly sharp-witted.  I'm not a fan of hers necessarily, but then again she does make some interesting points.  And she definitely doesn't  deserve what "Prickly" is dishing out.    Meghan McCain--daughter of the late John McCain, I'm holding to a higher standard because she should know better. 

Edited by kiddo
typos
  • LOL 2
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

Ohhhhhh....i get it! It's like I'm a fan of Oda Mae Brown, but I'm not a fan of Whoopi!

P E R F E C T !!   Whoopi didn't even realize that we might analyze what she was saying.  I think the majority of us can choose a Whoopi character/characters and say the same thing!

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
14 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

P E R F E C T !!   Whoopi didn't even realize that we might analyze what she was saying.  I think the majority of us can choose a Whoopi character/characters and say the same thing!

Whoopi's comments about people burning Black churches were beyond ludicrous.  Absolutely nonsensical!!  I'm thinking her cheese is slowly sliding of her cracker!!!  (She makes these proclamations in such an imperious way "some people" would think she's speaking the gospel.  Gawd!!!)

• LOL 6
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, Tammee said:

I'll start the Bitchslap Conga line!  I'm just really worried that Joy is going to reach her limit and she's going to walk out.  She'll say she cant work with children anymore. And who could blame her?

Forgot to add the millenia of 'I told you so' 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, 27bored said:

I don’t find Meghan to be any more pugilistic than her co-hosts, at least not naturally. I think she tries to be cordial because she knows her opinions are typically in the minority. And if you figure she’d probably be called a bitch anyway, it’s a hard case to say she’s being one from one from moment to the next.

They're not doing her a favor by giving her a chance to speak. She’s a cohost on the show. My point is a little bit more than that. If they understand the dynamic of the show, when it comes to political topics, they need to show her more respect by allowing for the fact that she can’t duke it out with them when they start spouting talking points. Just letting Meghan make her point is fair in a conversational sense, but the show doesn’t encourage respect of her POV because they treat her like she’s just there to fill a quota. On an individual basis I don’t think any of these women should temper their point just for Meghan’s sake, but when it’s three of you basically making the same point, maybe you should just to give the show some equilibrium. And again, allow some room for her POV to percolate, not just give her 20 seconds to speak.

Of course she tries to be cordial...until she doesn't get her way so it doesn't really matter what she's naturally inclined to if the end result is often watching her moan, groan, roll her eyes, fold her arms, huff and puff, scream and interrupt.

Abby most of the time mirrors Meghan's sentiments so it's not a 3 vs 1 scenario and in many situations, Sunny draws on her legal background to make her point or to put questions out there so I don't think it's fair to lump her in with Joy and Whoopi simply because in essence it seems like she's agreeing with them. There's a depth and breadth to a lot of her commentary that the other women can't bring to the conversation and the extent of their input relies on conversations with friends, personal experience or sharing convenient poll numbers and statistics. While I don't use a stop watch when watching the show, it does seem like Meghan does get quite a bit of time to speak.

And what I think cancels out your point is that Meghan often times does get to rebuttal and get to make the last point when she shows indication that she has something to say. It doesn't mean it's professional or appropriate for her to interrupt and then lash out when they don't let her. All of your points touch on the format of the show but none of this provides any good reason for why Meghan behaves the way she does (and frankly, I don't think there's one you can give me) and that, for me, is my issue with her.  The women signed contracts that say that their role is to share their opinions on  selected topics - they are doing their job and I don't think they need to cater to her and reward her temper tantrums.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Whoopi didn't seem to to understand the significance of white nationalists burning Black churches. 

it's like she thinks the lutherans are setting fire to the catholic churches, and the catholics are setting fire to the Baptist churches, while the Baptists set fires in the Methodist churches.  SHe thought it was about religion and religious differences. 

This isn't the first time that Whoopi has interpreted a news story in a completely different way than many others (and at times not recognizing historical aspects to a subject) and so her input will come across as nonsensical to me. But to be fair, I do find her to be someone who has difficulty outputting her thoughts in a clear and concise way. There are times where her responses are relevant to the topic but I feel like I have to dig into her answer to fully understand what she was trying to say...often times she doesn't need half of the words she uses to make her point.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I haven’t seen the show yet, but seeing the HR comments makes me think that MM went to HR  (said in the voice of a four year old that is whining). Because “Whoopi yelled at me, Joy won’t let me talk. Joy gives me dirty looks”. 

Now if Joy went to HR, it’s some serious shit. I have a feeling she takes in all in, stays quiet and then attacks. 

8 hours ago, SPinCA said:

I think @SPinCA hit it on the head, @TV Diva Queen. Joy just made a wise-crack, so it's hard to say for sure, but to me, it felt like she was saying that she's gone to HR (or probably just the producers but they don't do shit).

5 hours ago, bannana said:

At the beginning of the show, a fan yells out:  we love you, Sunny!  Sunny smiles, Joy says to her: you have a fan.  And Whoopi tells the audience that they love all of the hosts.  😕

Whoopi pontificates.  She yells at the camera to the "you" out there in the world that she wants to tell how to behave.  Does anyone really believe that a) white supremacists are watching the View, and b) if they were, that they would go: hey, that Whoopi person is right, I shouldn't burn down black churches or mass murder people.  I am gonna stop doing that right now!  

So they have one guest and sometimes, like today, only three of the hosts remain at the table.  But most times they have one or more guests, and all of the hosts remain at the table.  What could possibly be the reason for no Abby and no NutMeg today?  It has to be either Chelsea demanded it, or Producer Brian decided it would make his two conservative hosts look stupid if they had to engage with Chelsea. 😁

I could have sworn the fan was yelling, "We love you, Whoopi!" 

Did anyone else hear it as "Sunny"? 

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, General Days said:

At the beginning of the show, a fan yells out:  we love you, Sunny!  Sunny smiles, Joy says to her: you have a fan.  And Whoopi tells the audience that they love all of the hosts.  

Isn't this a play from Barbara Walter's book? I can recall her getting angry at the audience when they yelled to Whoopi saying they love her. She said the same thing to the audience when they would do this.

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, General Days said:

I could have sworn the fan was yelling, "We love you, Whoopi!" 

Did anyone else hear it as "Sunny"? 

I had heard "Whoopi" too, but when I read otherwise on here, I rewound on my dvr and, sure enough, they said "sunny." Sunny gushed.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, General Days said:

Actually, since Loughlin's career has mostly been Hallmark as of late (and Fuller House is ending), I'm not so sure she won't be hurt more than Huffman. 

I have relatives who love - love! - all the Hallmark movies, and they are just so disappointed in reading about her behavior. They are her core fan demographic. I think she has lost them, and if they are typical of her fan base, they aren't coming back.

I was very disappointed to see Meghan at the table today. IMO, she really needs to be disciplined for yesterday's behavior.

• Love 13

I despise Dr Ian Smith. He has written a new diet book every year for the last 15 years or more. And each one he claims as revolutionary and groundbreaking. He's as bad as Dr Phil. Anyway, I usually ff through him but today I watched and I realized that two of my friends are doing the food restriction during certain hours and they've had great results. Dammit. I was thinking about trying it before I knew it was him.

I tweeted Sunny that she should stand up for Joy. Pretty sure she won't see it. But I had to get it off my chest. HR is not helpful in a lot of cases because they work for the boss/Corp.  So if the bosses like MM, no bueno.

I rolled my eyes so far back in my head when Whoopi was preaching I got a headache.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

When she walks out in those matronly flowery blouses with the front tied bow, I immediately think of overly body powdered pastor's wife.

Just a thought - when she loses her shit, she gets red and spotchy on her upper chest. Do you think they're trying these church-lady matronly blouses a preemptive strike against her giveaway "tell" that she's freaking out?

Also, another tic of hers is that she strokes her hair as a self-comforting move when she's stressed. We saw it a lot when she first joined the show. At her father's funeral, when she was doing the eulogy, her hair was up, and I caught her reaching up at one point to stroke her hair, which of course wasn't there.

I don't think the hair flip yesterday was a defiant one (although it was a terrible time for her to do it, right after she blasted Joy). I think she realized what she had done and immediately went to her stressed-out "pet my hair for comfort" move. I think the second the bile came out of her mouth, she realized how bad she sounded. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
24 minutes ago, Morgalisa said:

I despise Dr Ian Smith. He has written a new diet book every year for the last 15 years or more. And each one he claims as revolutionary and groundbreaking. He's as bad as Dr Phil. Anyway, I usually ff through him but today I watched and I realized that two of my friends are doing the food restriction during certain hours and they've had great results. Dammit. I was thinking about trying it before I knew it was him.

Listening to him made me realize I'm following his diet. I fast from 8pm to 10am. Pretty difficult to eat while I'm sleeping. 

19 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

Just a thought - when she loses her shit, she gets red and spotchy on her upper chest. Do you think they're trying these church-lady matronly blouses a preemptive strike against her giveaway "tell" that she's freaking out?

Or she has a large chest tattoo. "REPUBLI - CAN"

19 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

I don't think the hair flip yesterday was a defiant one (although it was a terrible time for her to do it, right after she blasted Joy). I think she realized what she had done and immediately went to her stressed-out "pet my hair for comfort" move. I think the second the bile came out of her mouth, she realized how bad she sounded. 

I agree. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Morgalisa said:

HR is not helpful in a lot of cases because they work for the boss/Corp. 

For eight years (before he was forced to retire) I worked for a horror!  He had been with the company for 35 years and rose to the top--I have no idea how.  He treated everyone (especially me) horribly and other departments said they'd "like to have me," but unless HE initiated a transfer, they weren't willing to cross him.  One day an HR guy asked to have a meeting with me. He tried every way he could to get me to squeal on the boss.  I told him, "I NEED my job."  He actually said, "Well, I need mine too!"  Oh...let's get me fired so you can get a feather in your cap.  HR...HRumph.  (I was 50; salary and benefits were good--difficult to get anything that came close to matching those.)

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Tammee said:

I worry about Joy's health.  She's taken care of herself, but she's not young anymore and being the target of that kind of anger on live TV has got to be unbelievably stressful.  I continue to be so annoyed at the producers because I believe they take delight in the fights going viral.  I'm no fan of Barbara Walters, however I did admire her goals for the show...listening to varying points of view.  It can be done with civility.  I rarely watch it live anymore - not great for my health either.

• Love 13
7 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

Also, another tic of hers is that she strokes her hair as a self-comforting move when she's stressed. We saw it a lot when she first joined the show. At her father's funeral, when she was doing the eulogy, her hair was up, and I caught her reaching up at one point to stroke her hair, which of course wasn't there.

I agree she strokes her hair as a nervous tic. I do think she did  it because it's her go to when she gets crazy. I don't think it was a defiant move either. I don't agree she realized how bad she sounded. Her giggle and "just sayin" made me think she was ok with what she said.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Isn't this a play from Barbara Walter's book? I can recall her getting angry at the audience when they yelled to Whoopi saying they love her. She said the same thing to the audience when they would do this.

This is what makes it extra funny that Whoopi did it to Sunny.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

She doesn't caaaaare.  Don't write to her.  Don't email her...

7 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

I despise Dr Ian Smith. He has written a new diet book every year for the last 15 years or more. And each one he claims as revolutionary and groundbreaking.

Yeah, that's why I take these guests/books with a grain of salt.  (No pun intended.)  You (we all) need to find what works and stick with it.  Everyone is different.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I agree she strokes her hair as nervous tic. I do think she did  it because it's her go to when she gets crazy. I dont think it was a definite move either. I dont agree she realized how bad she sounded. Her giggle and "just sayin" made me think she was ok with what she said.

If she didn't realize how badly she sounded in the moment she had to have realized right after when the audience gasped.  She could have apologized right then and there but she didn't. I'm sure in her mind she is the victim in all this.  

• Love 21