Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Jaded

"The View": Week Of 4/8/2019

Recommended Posts


10 hours ago, General Days said:


Joy wasn't shitting on her point at all, and after listening to Meghan for 1:20, nothing was preemptive, because Meghan had already made her point.

What's interesting to me is that at about the 4:00 mark, Meghan flat out said, "How to deal with it (i.e. the 'crisis at the border') is where the conversation goes one way or another."

Joy was trying to do just that -- take part in the conversation. The show is The View, with five regular co-hosts (including the moderator position). It is not The Monologue with Meghan McCain. 

Joy wasn't even saying anything against Meghan's main points which were that (a) there is a crisis (she cited border apprehension stats, but I haven't verified them), and (b) that economy and immigration were Trump's two "meat and potato" issues.

Joy wasn't disputing there are problems at the border. She acknowledged that very thing. Her point was that the acting DHS is reportedly someone who thinks it would help to preempt refugees from coming here, by reducing the conditions in their native lands which have prompted them to seek refuge here.

As far as I can tell from watching daily,  Meghan is the only co-host who regularly fails to be respectful of her colleagues.

Also, Abby is another conservative. Ana is too. Meghan is not the only one. There are plenty of days when Joy and Sunny are the only liberals at the table, and issue depending, Sunny can skew conservative.

10 hours ago, film noire said:

I don't agree Joy dismissed Meghan's point. 

Joy validated that there's an immigration problem to be solved in her first comment to McCain (" Like I just said, this guy coming in wants to help those countries, that's the way to solve the problem, keep them there, happy") and John McCain's Daughter refused to let Joy finish making her point. Instead, Meghan needled Joy cunstantly throughout: "Give a Nicaraguan a house?" (to be fair, it's an amazing point, since we've got all these lovely cages on hand) and "We've had a bunch of  liberal guests who don't want to send aid!" -- at which point Joy said "Hold on, I listened to you, let me just finish" -- and then Meghan tossed her ratty hair and shit the bed.

Just another day in the life of John McCain's Daughter:  rude, unprofessional, petulant and ignorant.

7 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Meghan literally got another co-host hired to agree with her and repeat whatever she wanted them to say (Abby). And regularly there is a third Republican on the panel (Ana). Meghan McCain is not outnumbered and she is not a minority or a victim.

Meghan’s not a victim or anything; I’m not saying all that. I’m saying I think the show needs to have more respect for the role she was hired to play. 

First of all, Meghan gets called a bitch at least a dozen times a week regardless what she says. So the fact that she made a bitchy comment yesterday, to me, is neither here nor there. She’s never going to win over their audience regardless what she says so she might as well have some nerve.

I didn’t even like her comment — the idea that some people realized Kristjen Nielsen wasn’t the right person for the job means he’s taking orders from FOX News hosts is as hacky and petty as anything the rest of the panel said — but that’s why they need to show more respect for her opinions. 

Meghan’s not some one note Republican who has to defend her party at all costs — she never has been. I’m saying the rest of the panel should respect that about her and temper some of their Fuck Trump energy. That way she isn’t always in the position to play the spoiler. Being a Republican should not be seen as “contrary”, especially if the point of the show is to have women with different points of view. 

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

24 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

 When the OG View host wants to finish speaking after she let Meghan have her turn, it’s part of Joy’s job to listen to her?

I wonder if someone* actually said this to her. "Meghan, don't worry.  Everyone has been instructed that YOU 'talk last.'  They get it.  We have instructed Joy that it is HER job to listen to YOU.  We will tell her again and again if necessary. Please don't stay mad at us."

*MyProducerBrian

  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 4
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post

Crap Whoopi is on.  No Whoopi we do not love all of you!!!!!

They are starting off the show talking about Felicity apologizing - Irony.  I saw how on this site and twitter that everyone want Elsa to apologize and that the network should make HER apologize not going to happen and even if she did it would not be sincere because that would mean she is evolved and gracious.  Remember when Joy had to apologize I think for something she said 45s sidekick we all know she only did that because she had to.  I think Joy is the type of person who apologizes when she is wrong because Joy is a person who was not silver or gold plated spooned raised and she is self aware that to grow as a person you are not right all the time although I think Joy thinks she is funnier then she is.  ELSA IS NOT AND NEVER WILL BE SELF AWARE AND EVOLVED ENOUGH TO NOT THINK THAT SHE IS RIGHT ALL THE TIME AND YET MAYBE THAT ARROGANCE AND SELF ENTITLEMENT COMES FROM THE FACT THAT SHE IS TOTALLY INSECURE THAT SHE IS ONLY WHERE SHE IS BECAUSE OF EVERYTHING  (???) AND KNOWS HOW AWFUL OF A PERSON SHE IS, as others say does she sound like somebody she supposedly totally dispises?

I saw someone on another page say that if Joy had gone after her the Go Fund Me Page would be epic as everyone donate.

If she ever does apologize the only way I would accept it would be if she says"I am sorry for my behavior as I know I am a self entitled spoiled bitch who is not that bright and therefore I have decided to quit the View to let someone else with more brain cells sit in this chair" - This will never ever ever happen!!!!

  • Like 15
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Whoopi started off the conversation with, "so here's what happened yesterday..." I thought they were going to address Meghan's unacceptable behavior. Pipe dream, I guess.

  • Like 11
  • Laugh 9
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post

I'm really wondering if I should watch today. I hate FuckMeg so much! Joy is fabulous and I can only hope she tore a strip off that bitch's back yesterday, after the show.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, whydoiwatchtv said:

9 minutes about other women apologizing for bad behavior while the elephant in the room sits there. 

Eta: I did mean that figuratively, but it looks like I meant Meghan is an elephant. I don’t insult her weight, just her. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

If the trunk fits.

Meghan is like Lori Loughlin.  Meghan thinks she is entitled to do whatever she wants.  As far as I can tell she has never shown one ounce of remorse for anything she has said and done.

  • Like 20
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Folks - we've removed a slew of posts that violate the basic rules of the View forum - off-topic mentions of Meghan's family, bringing in politics that were not discussed on the epsiode, etc. 

I know Meghan did a bit of a thing yesterday, but let's remember to stick to the discussion taking place ON the show and not use it as a spring board to bring up other subjects. It's not relevant to speculate on how she was raised or what her grandmother might think. 

Warnings will be handed out for any future violations in this thread. 

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Whoopi started off the conversation with, "so here's what happened yesterday..." I thought they were going to address Meghan's unacceptable behavior. Pipe dream, I guess.

Right? I was all like, "Oh, good," and then it was just about Felicity Huffman. I wonder if Whoopi even realizes what she did. Sometimes, I can't decide if she's clueless or sly about things like this. (I'm rooting for sly, which probably means it's not that.)

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

9 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Of course Whoopi wouldn't let Sunny finish her point about the historically Black churches in Louisiana.

Why should she? Whoopi handled it by saying STOP,  to racist and anyone else that has a problem with other people's religion or race. Problem solved . I'm not sure why she needs a one issue candidate to say STOP. She did it. Problem solved. At least baby had a chance to weigh in on the subject. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Like 12
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:
21 minutes ago, whydoiwatchtv said:

9 minutes about other women apologizing for bad behavior while the elephant in the room sits there. 

Eta: I did mean that figuratively, but it looks like I meant Meghan is an elephant. I don’t insult her weight, just her. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

If the trunk fits.

If loving you is wrong Blondie, I don't want to be right!

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

She also missed the point on why Black churches were always targeted by domestic terrorists. It had nothing to do with Christianity but had everything to do with the fact that the Black church has always been the epicenter of the civil rights movement.   

Exactly. I'm sure Sunny was going in that direction with her point and it would've been nice to hear her speak, but then Whoopi cut her off with her "this is happening everywhere" commentary.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

Apparently at the morning meeting they decided to go with no controversial topics on which everyone will agree.  Total snooze. 

  • Like 16
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

You know when Whoopi was talking about how she no longer knows what people can or can't get away with in Hollywood (at the tail end of the Huffman-Loughlin cheat scandal discussion)? 

She commented that she no longer knows if she can even pass gas. Joy asked her, "Why?" and Whoopi said,  "Because I feel like if I do it, someone's going to take me to HR."

That wasn't a slap at Joy, was it?

Well, I suppose even if it was, Joy had the last laugh, because she said, "They don't pay attention anyway -- HR."

As much as I love having coffee with Joy on weekdays, I'd love it if she left The View whenever her contract is up, and did a big-ass tell-all. She probably has a confidentiality clause and can't, but she could write a sitcom inspired by her time on The View. 

  • Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

3 minutes ago, General Days said:

Well, I suppose even if it was, Joy had the last laugh, because she said, "They don't pay attention anyway -- HR."

I caught that. I wonder if she had a chat with HR yesterday?

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Apparently at the morning meeting they decided to go with no controversial topics on which everyone will agree.  Total snooze. 

Notice how Megan was excluded from the table interview with Chelsea who is a big liberal and proud of it.  The show is trying so hard to not offend the delicate snowflake.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Like 19
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

Can you imagine how Meghan would react if one of the other women literally wouldn’t let her speak or smugly told her it’s her job to listen to her? Her head would explode.

And frankly, so would mine. It just so happens that my least favorite panelist said that to my favorite. But it's rude, ugly, entitled behavior that doesn't belong on this show (or in real life, for that matter).

For me, at least, it wasn't Meghan vs. Joy. It was a snotty, entitled thing to say and no one deserves that.

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

 I have no clue what Whoopie’s talking about half the time.  She’s not the philosopher she thinks she is.

Is her inability to articulate herself getting worse to anyone else? Maybe it's not and only seems that way because she was away for quite a bit, but I had no idea what the heck she was trying to say in the lead up to Chelsea's book.

I remember seeing Dr. Ian Smith on a reality show about weight loss like 15 years ago. He really hasn't aged much!

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

4 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Is her inability to articulate herself getting worse to anyone else? Maybe it's not and only seems that way because she was away for quite a bit, but I had no idea what the heck she was trying to say in the lead up to Chelsea's book.

I remember seeing Dr. Ian Smith on a reality show about weight loss like 15 years ago. He really hasn't aged much!

He is still handsome and he has an identical twin brother..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Is there a panel of 5 women that is less interested in losing weight becoming bikini ready than this one?  The left side of the table has zero interest in healthy eating and their disdain is apparent. 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 13

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, sevenrings said:

Was anybody else weirded out how Chelsea called her older brother who passed away her "first crush"? I was like, uhh... 

Not really. I have an older brother that's 11 years older than me. I have many sisters so it was all us girls and our single mom. My brother moved out when I was 7/8. He was fun took me and our little sister places. We would run out the door when he pulled into the driveway.  He was the first grown Male I was excited to see or be around.  I never called it crush but yeah crush sounds ok. Not sexual obviously.

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Not really. I have an older brother that's 11 years older than me. I have many sisters so it was all us girls and our single mom. My brother moved out when I was 7/8. He was fun took me and our little sister places. We would run out the door when he pulled into the driveway.  He was the first grown Male I was excited to see or be around.  I never called it crush but yeah crush sounds ok. Not sexual obviously.

Well that makes sense. That's very sweet. I mean, an infatuation is one thing, but I just think crush was an awkward word to use. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, General Days said:

You know when Whoopi was talking about how she no longer knows what people can or can't get away with in Hollywood (at the tail end of the Huffman-Loughlin cheat scandal discussion)? 

She commented that she no longer knows if she can even pass gas. Joy asked her, "Why?" and Whoopi said,  "Because I feel like if I do it, someone's going to take me to HR."

That wasn't a slap at Joy, was it?

Based on what you wrote, it sounds like she doesn't think what Huffman and Loughlin did was wrong. Or that in her mind, what they did was something they should have gotten away with?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Based on what you wrote, it sounds like she doesn't think what Huffman and Loughlin did was wrong. Or that in her mind, what they did was something they should have gotten away with?

I took it as her just saying she doesn't consider herself a part of Hollywood anymore, and that the industry changed a lot since she was involved. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

8 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Based on what you wrote, it sounds like she doesn't think what Huffman and Loughlin did was wrong. Or that in her mind, what they did was something they should have gotten away with?

No, it wasn't like that.

I didn't pay a lot of attention to that segment, but it was at the end of it. Much of the segment was taken up by discussing if Huffman (who has apologized) and Loughlin (who hasn't thus far) will serve any time, and Sunny explained why she thought the prosecutors would press for it. 

At some point, Meghan talked about how people on TV usually have morals clauses, so they can get dismissed for bad conduct. She wondered if people would think differently (implied: less) of Huffman going forward. MM thinks Huffman's career will take a hit.

Sunny then asked if Hollywood (as opposed to fans) would hold this against Huffman, and Whoopi said she doesn't know about Hollywood anymore, noting that there's (now) so much people find offensive [ed. note: like rape-rape, perhaps?)]

She then joked that she used to feel like she could pass gas anywhere.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, General Days said:

She's telling church burners to "have your conversation with the God you're pissed at."

This has to be one of the dumbest things Whoopi has ever said and that's saying a lot.

I'm pretty sure these arsonists aren't mad at God but mad at the people who belong to these churches.

  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, General Days said:

No, it wasn't like that.

I didn't pay a lot of attention to that segment, but it was at the end of it. Much of the segment was taken up by discussing if Huffman (who has apologized) and Loughlin (who hasn't thus far) will serve any time, and Sunny explained why she thought the prosecutors would press for it. 

At some point, Meghan talked about how people on TV usually have morals clauses, so they can get dismissed for bad conduct. She wondered if people would think differently (implied: less) of Huffman going forward. MM thinks Huffman's career will take a hit.

Sunny then asked if Hollywood (as opposed to fans) would hold this against Huffman, and Whoopi said she doesn't know about Hollywood anymore, noting that there's (now) so much people find offensive [ed. note: like rape-rape, perhaps?)]

She then joked that she used to feel like she could pass gas anywhere.

Ah. Thanks @General Days.

Well this sounds like NONE of the women have been reading or paying attention. Their careers did take a hit. Loughlin was fired/her show and series on Hallmark have been pulled. No word on if her character(s) will be recast. She won't be showing up on the final season of Fuller House.

Huffman's movie that was due to air on Netflix has been shelved; or pushed back.

Both have been dragged on social media; yet there are those "absolutelydevotedfans" who were running up to Loughlin and asking for her autograph after her arraignment. Just check out the Miscellaneous Celebrity News Thread on this site. The news of Huffman and Loughlin have been dominating the thread and the "news" since this broke.

And yeah, Hollywood did used to have Moral Clauses. I remember that William Tallman, who played DA Hamilton Burger on Perry Mason, had been fired for half of season three? four? after TPTB found out he'd smoked marijuana. I don't recall if it was a firing or suspension. But he wasn't on the show for some time. Then he was back.

Oh yes. We all know that Whoops is a fan of how celebrities can do no wrong until it's SHOVED IN HER FACE or explained to her like she's a toddler that said celebrities, are indeed guilty.

  • Like 4
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, General Days said:

She then joked that she used to feel like she could pass gas anywhere.

..and my decision to boycott the show actually pays off.

  • Like 11
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, General Days said:

As much as I love having coffee with Joy on weekdays, I'd love it if she left The View whenever her contract is up, and did a big-ass tell-all. She probably has a confidentiality clause and can't, but she could write a sitcom inspired by her time on The View. 

 I want Joy to be on TV on a regular basis ... maybe if it's just a weeknight show on cable.  She can guest on some good shows too--similar to Larry David's.  Of course, I want the "big-ass tell-all," and I yearn to see some retribution, but I need some Joy!  

Someone help us with a possible confidentiality clause.

Edited by HaaCHOO · Reason: My intro wasn't nice.
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Notice how Megan was excluded from the table interview with Chelsea who is a big liberal and proud of it.  The show is trying so hard to not offend the delicate snowflake.

In this episode of The Imaginary View with General Days, Chelsea Handler told the producers, "Yeah, I'll appear at the table with Meghan McCain, if I can tell her what a giant bitch she was to Joy, yesterday and all the time, or I can just be on with the people I like."

54 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Is there a panel of 5 women that is less interested in losing weight becoming bikini ready than this one?  The left side of the table has zero interest in healthy eating and their disdain is apparent. 

I haven't gotten that far yet. I watch in dribs and drabs, depending on what I'm working on. I  would think Sunny probably cares, no matter what she may say on the show. She goes to bed in full makeup. I don't know if Abby is only naturally thin (when not pregnant), but it seems to me she comes from a culture where women are encouraged (more than our society already does) to make sure they are pleasing to men. 

7 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Ah. Thanks @General Days.

Well this sounds like NONE of the women have been reading or paying attention. Their careers did take a hit. Loughlin was fired/her show and series on Hallmark have been pulled. No word on if her character(s) will be recast. She won't be showing up on the final season of Fuller House.

Sunny didn't specify, but I didn't take her question that way. I think she meant it more  like will Hollywood hold it against them long-term, e.g. Loughlin was fired, but will Hollywood hold this against her forever, or will they just wait until they can hire her back without catching shit for it?

Actually, since Loughlin's career has mostly been Hallmark as of late (and Fuller House is ending), I'm not so sure she won't be hurt more than Huffman. 

I do get the feeling people will wait what they think is an appropriate amount of time, and Huffman will get work again (well, as much work as an actress of her age gets). She'll start a scholarship or something. Money is a value in that business. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Did anyone notice during the first segment someone said something about going to HR and Joy said quietly, HR doesn’t do anything. 

I have a suspicion Joy was referring about Meghan. 

  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, PradaKitty said:

Did anyone notice during the first segment someone said something about going to HR and Joy said quietly, HR doesn’t do anything. 

I have a suspicion Joy was referring about Meghan. 

I caught that too..

  • Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Lisapooh said:

I come from a long, proud line of straight up hillbilly white trash. If Linebacker Barbie flipped her hair at me, I would have come straight across that table.  

Joy is the Patron Saint of Restraint.

I love it ... wear it loud & proud!!!  I'd be helping you fly across the table.  Good one!!!

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

After that display Meghan put on yesterday, I can't refer to her as Elsa anymore. Elsa has her faults but manages to act like an adult. What we saw yesterday was more in line with how a three-year-old behaves, not a thirty-something professional. From here on out, I shall refer to her as Angelica Pickles from Rugrats. She's blonde, entitled, throws tantrums, and they both have a high pitched shriek.

For those who aren't familiar with the greatness that is Rugrats, behold:

18 Times Angelica Pickles Was The Realest Bitch Who Ever Lived

Edited by Marigny
  • Like 9
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post

Why does wardrobe continue to dress Meghan in outfits that emphasis the fact she has no waist?  And once again with matronly blouses.  

  • Like 13
  • Laugh 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Why does wardrobe continue to dress Meghan in outfits that emphasis the fact she has no waist?  And once again with matronly blouses.  

Can you even imagine how nasty she is to the wardrobe people? Perhaps a pair of parachute pants would be more comfortable for her or better yet, someone could just throw a whole parachute over her.

Edited by GiveMeSpace · Reason: typo
  • Like 7
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size