Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 4/8/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

18 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

I don't do Twitter or even Facebook because I am old and mind my own business, but gals and guys, what's going on with Twitter after this horrible mess today? I NEED TO KNOW.  I AM STILL SO MAD I CAN'T SEE STRAIGHT.  Thanks guys. KIsses.👄

I don't do Twitter but I check on my adult kids via Twitter (alive and well if tweeting)- If a user isn't private- you can view tweets and even responses (click to the left of the bubble)

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)
26 minutes ago, inkworks said:

I wonder if Joy got many messages of support after the show today?

I haven't seen anything specifically from celebrities, but a lot of people on Twitter have been expressing their love for Joy, and especially her look of death when Meghan got snippy. 🙂 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 22

I was thinking Megan looked so pretty then she opened her mouth.   Joy looked defeated.  She could not even remember what she was going to say.   It was not enjoyable at all. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, inkworks said:

Stuck up for herself for what? She’d had her chance to speak and it was Joy’s turn. Joy should be able to say what she has to say without being interrupted by that self entitled brat.

1 hour ago, General Days said:

Except that's not what happened today, at all. 

Did you watch the segment?

Joy was somewhat hopeful about Fräulein Nielsen's replacement.

It's also not what happened, because Meghan didn't smack anyone down. She acted like a 7th grader who got offended because she couldn't understand what the teacher was talking about.

Whoopi then put Meghan in her place (a little too diplomatically for my taste, but she's old, sick, and tired of McCant's shit, I'm sure). 

I did enjoy Joy's face right after Meghan once again revealed how incapable she is of doing this job.

1082909238_ScreenShot2019-04-08at5_15_46PM.thumb.png.dccfe6de602055fdddd830fee9a4b617.png

1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

Wow. 

I didn't see anything close to that.     I saw:

Meghan talked, a lot. 

JOy started to give her opinion, Meghan interrupted 

Joy asked Meghan to let her finish, said "I listened to YOU," (implying that now Meghan could listen to her).

Meghan said "part of your JOB is to listen to me." 

SO, where and how was Meghan sticking up for herself?  

I saw the entire segment. In my opinion the panel was pre-emptively shitting on her point, including Joy. It’s not this simple thing of everybody playing nice and waiting their turn to speak. I think Meghan was frustrated having to once again be the buzzkill to the Fuck Trump party. When she started speaking, I didn’t hear her put down anybody’s point, she just read her notes and said it was a big issue to people she knows, and then Joy had to offer a retort.

To me, they know Meghan is the token Republican on the panel, like Elisabeth Hasselbeck was. I don’t begrudge anyone their opinion on either side, but the dynamic is manifestly going to be 3-4 against 1. At the very least show some respect for Meghan’s opinion given she’s always going to be outnumbered. JMO.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, dr. gailey said:

NutMeg truly had an angel looking over her today, cause she is still alive. She would have gotten snatched up out that chair if she ever came across the wrong person. Joy had to have been held back by the spirits of some praying grandmothers to not have smacked the shit out of Nutmeg.

Black Twitter had a field day on Nutmeg's ass. They were willing to start a GoFundMe for Joy's bail money if she had whooped Nutmeg's ass like she has been begging for for months now. NutMeg is one of those people who will keep trying a person until they finally show them they fucked with the wrong one.

No.....Bitsy sent her the Holy Spirit....didn't you hear the "whoosh"?   (Referencing Bitsy's visit to The View, and her comment about the Holy Spirit coming to her to give her guidance in answering the question about Rosie O'Donnell.)

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Joy looked defeated.  She could not even remember what she was going to say.  

I can only imagine what she wanted to say.   One of these days.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, After7Only said:

https://www.facebook.com/58312923308/posts/10156198166443309?sfns=mo

Comedian KevOnStage’s take on today’s fight.   Very funny.

lmao. I jumped when he hit the camera.

When I posted the screencap earlier of Joy's face at that moment, that's what I was thinking too. I've seen that look on my mother's face, but not too often, because I'm a smart girl who learned not to earn that look from my mother. 

1 hour ago, dr. gailey said:

Black Twitter had a field day on Nutmeg's ass. They were willing to start a GoFundMe for Joy's bail money if she had whooped Nutmeg's ass like she has been begging for for months now. NutMeg is one of those people who will keep trying a person until they finally show them they fucked with the wrong one.

Oh, I'd have kicked in my lunch money for the week and had water instead. I could stand to lose a couple of pounds before summer.  

3 minutes ago, film noire said:

LOL (not a typo, though - I use the word sparingly, but today, it seemed perfectly apt ; ) 

Well played.

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, film noire said:

LOL (not a typo, though - I use the word sparingly, but today, it seemed perfectly apt ; ) 

Film Noire - I LOVE your way with words and your turn of a phrase....brilliant, always!  ❤️ (And, in this particular instance - perfectly spot-on!!)

• Love 10
(edited)
4 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Film Noire - I LOVE your way with words and your turn of a phrase....brilliant, always!  ❤️ (And, in this particular instance - perfectly spot-on!!)

Thank you, njbchlover!  (Between this show, and Real Housewives, the word's getting a work-out lately ; ) 

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

I can see Meghan as a child jumping up and down and screaming at the maid, "Part of your job is to listen to me!" 

I googled, but I couldn't find anything, but I remember a SNL skit about Debbie M. Barbara made her get in a box. Debbie M was nowhere as bad as Meggie, not political, just ditzy . Put Meggie in a box with no holes. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 8

Does anyone wonder or even care about what Meghan will do next, IF and WHEN she is removed or not renewed on The View?  

I cannot imagine that any other network would want to hire her, as in her current employment situation she is so unprofessional and rude to her co-workers.  The audience backlash is overwhelming - even those who normally agree with her are basically calling her out on her latest bout of pubic nastiness.

Any network hiring her for any news show would have to be concerned about losing viewers and ratings.

Meghan should be careful and learn a lesson - she is loudly discrediting herself and self-sabotaging any future she may have in television.  (Not that I'd be too upset about never seeing her on TV again!)  

7 minutes ago, film noire said:

Thank you, njbchlover!  (Between this show, and Real Housewives, the word's getting a work-out lately ; ) 

Yeah - there are more than a few over on the Housewives lately where that word clearly defines them, too!!   😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, cinsays said:

Maybe Joy and Sunny and Ana can leave and start a new show called the Polite View and leave Whoopie and the ridiculously-long-fake-hair rude and unpleasant chick to continue on with this mess.

What about Abby? 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, babyhouseman said:

Michael K works for a gossip site and snarks on celebrities. He recaps the day's events. Here's The View recap:

"When Joy Behar and Meghan McCain got into a little thing on The View today, Whoopi Goldberg shook herself out of her weed haze to handle things by telling them to go to their respective corners and stand down. Whoopi, now is not the time for you to break shit up, because judging by the stage 10 pissed off look on Joy Behar’s face, we were about to see a 76-year-old ginger leap across the table and tackle Whiny McNepotism. Damn you, Whoopi!"

http://dlisted.com/2019/04/08/night-crumbs-1227/#more-332838

OMG---the best name EVER!!!  🙂  Perfect description of Meghan!!  

• LOL 3
  • Love 16
5 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Honestly, if she pulled that attitude in any other workplace she would be warned and then out on her oversized ass. 

I've been thinking this all day.  I worked for over 40 years and every place I worked some semblance of professionalism was expected.  I didn't have to be friends with my coworkers but I would never have gotten away with shitting all over them.  I can't believe anyone would believe Meghan's behavior is acceptable workplace behavior.  She's a talentless nasty ass bully.

• Love 24

Part of me would like to see Meghan apologize for her behaviour today - but she hasn’t before and it would only be because she was ordered to. If she did Joy would be gracious and accept  it — which would suck because it will only happen again and again. 

So I’d rather she didn’t because it would be meaningless. 

Love Joy, Sunny and Ana.  Getting iffy on Whoopi but then I remember the civil rights stances she’s taken, especially re LBGTQ and I’ll always appreciate when she and Joy walked off on Bill O’Reilly. 

• Love 15

Thanks for posting that video clip of Kevin and his posting , it really made me laugh long after I looked at it.  I needed that laugh because nothing was amusing about today. Joy has shown nothing but class and looking at it again I think she was probably hurt. Nobody deserves that and if she thinks a man wouldn’t be called out she’s sadly mistaken. Tough chick my ass. Shame on her. 

• Love 13

Meghan is exhausting...she's a reason why men should opt not to marry.

I'm not even a big fan of joy but what Meghan said and acted was uncalled for.  I wonder if the show coddles her behind the scenes like Bitsy in the leaked audio.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, SPinCA said:

It’s funny I had lunch with a friend on Saturday and she was telling me about an anti-bullying workshop they had at her company last week. She said one of the things they were reminded not to do was tell a co-worker at the same level how to do their job, what to do or chastise them for an error. 

What does Meghan do today? all of the above. I thought after the Elisabeth leak Meghan may have gotten spooked. After all when I was the show live in February she stormed into the wings during the commercial and I have no doubt many people got an earful back there. So, I was wondering if we might see her on her best behavior for a while lest someone decide to sell her mic feed to the tabloids. 

HA! I should have known she wouldn’t change her spots. It was really awful having to watch her strip Joy down like that. Last week I was speechless when she said I miss Whoopi. This is just too much. She’s targeting Joy and bullying her. Of course, I watch the View for entertainment and I’m not above revelling in some snark but this is now unpleasant and hard to watch. I’m going to write a letter to ABC. I’m sure it will be trashed but I hate seeing a woman of Joy’s age and experience being spoken to like this on national TV. 

The only way ABC is going to pay attention is to hit them in the pockets. Handle them like many have handled some of the folks on Fox. Write to the advertisers.

• Love 15
(edited)
16 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I am again surprised that Joy did not smack Meghan across the face and walk out.  

Oh, by the look on Joy's face, she wanted to bitch slap her.

16 hours ago, Lilaclily said:

I think her dad would be rolling in his grave to see this.

Meghan's Mantra 🙄( Have your sound on)

Screenshot_20190409-015259.jpg

Edited by ChiCricket
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
12 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

If Sunny had any backbone, she should have told Miss Meggie not to invoke their tenuous friendship (Sunny & I this, Sunny & I that) to let everyone think she gets along with everyone but Joy!!!

I know. I've been thinking of sending a tweet to Sunny asking her why she's letting Meghan do that.

• Love 12