Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 4/8/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

I also have to say that I think Elizabeth was better than Meghan. She atleast tried to get along with the other co-hosts. With the exception of Rosie, Elizabeth got along with the other panelists: Meredith,Joy, Star,Whoopi, and was even in Sherri's wedding.

For me the View, needs to have some chemistry between the hosts, and works best when you can believe that they are actually 5 friends who can sit around a coffee table and chat about what's happening in the world.

I don't for a minute believe that the current panel would hang out if they weren't being paid to. Oh also, Elizabeth was willing to talk about other non-political topics. Meghan has declared she in uninterested in any other topic.

*Sigh* Meghan's got me singing the praises of Elizabeth. Who would have thought?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, OnTime said:

Meghan, get this through your "thick conservative, border state, military family" head, Joy makes this show and is the main reason we watch it. 

Part of your job is to listen to us!  I will say, you think you are quite important so in the famous words of Bitsy, "F--k that"!

You can put that in the New York Fucking Post! 😉 

• LOL 10
  • Love 11
43 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Also, Joy is done with her.  She will be cordial and professional with her at work, but, Nutmeg will never hang out with her at her home like Sunny and Anna. Joy offered her guest bedroom to Anna because she did not want her flying to Florida on that plane that had crashed. 

And, as someone mentioned upthread - Meghan better not hold her breath waiting for that lasagna.  (Maybe Joy should make her one, and stick some ex-lax or something in there!)

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Has somebody got a clip of RBM being uber nasty they can post here, so I don't have to watch this turd fest. Oh man, I am so mad, and I haven't even seen it yet.  Thanks friends!💋 

Start watching at about 5:07 into this Twitter clip....

• Love 1

Jaded: you are a doll, thanks for the clip....THERE ARE NO WORDS...okay, that's it, she needs to be fired TODAY...that was horrible, poor Joy...oh man, I am actually shocked.  Yep, the C word applies totally with that pig. 

• Love 19

Maybe Joy and Sunny and Ana can leave and start a new show called the Polite View and leave Whoopie and the ridiculously-long-fake-hair rude and unpleasant chick to continue on with this mess.

• LOL 10
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I wonder if they'll still like it once Joy leaves and they lose a quarter of the ratings she helped to bring back. I wish Joy would leave at this point so I could stop watching. McCain has destroyed this show with Whoopi's assistance.

I did stop watching but still read here. 

• Love 9
38 minutes ago, SunFun said:

First of all, IMO, Megan and Elisabeth are equally awful. Different ways, but both awful. 

That said, I think what Megan did today should get her fired. I can't imagine the show hasn't had to talk to her about her offensive behavior, so this time s/b the final straw. She classless. At the VERY least, she owes Joy and the viewers a public apology,

Glad Whoopie stepped up. How do you like her now, Megan? Not your ally after all.

One the few days I get to see the show when aired... and the bitch was in top bitch mode. Not good.

Agree...some hosts on the show have been let go  for far less offensive behaviour. At this point of the game,  if that obnoxious self-centered mammoth- mouth blonde bitch is pushing her weight around, is because the producers (wimp Brian,  are you listening)?  are enabling her. She’s out of control.... I lie fault with ABC.. lock the snot bitch up, throw the key in the river, and get Ana on that table full time! 

• Love 22

I have no idea why Joy would sign another contract if Meghan is still on the show.  I’m sure she doesn’t need the money and she sure doesn’t need to put up with the shit that is Meghan.

• Love 15
29 minutes ago, General Days said:

I know Whoopi has been so sick, but if she can't handle the duties of the job, she needs some more time off.

I agree that she needs time off.   ALL time off.  She handles the duties of the job as she has created them.  She initiated Meghan's hiring and she will coddle her "babe" until she and Meghan are the only two women left sitting at the table.  Meghan is a disrespectful snotty entitled bitch and Whoopi is just like her...just older.

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I had to go back through the comments to find this one, Ladyrain. You summed it up very nicely and I feel the same way. MM will never get a moment's sympathy from me. If the show does not address this tomorrow, I will stop watching. I will still come here but I have had my fill of this kind of uncivilized behavior. If this is just ramped up drama created by producers to cause sparks and raise ratings-shame on all of them who participate in it.

Liked x 100.

• Love 14
14 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I have no idea why Joy would sign another contract if Meghan is still on the show.  I’m sure she doesn’t need the money and she sure doesn’t need to put up with the shit that is Meghan.

I was just trying to imagine what I would do if I were 76-years-old. That's more than two decades away for me, so it's hard to do, but I am certain I would not be taking that kind of shit from McCan't.

21 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

I agree, I thought Joy looked like she was about to tear up too. Noooooo that can never happen to our Joy, she is the Goddess of all Things. 

12 minutes ago, SPinCA said:

I thought her voice was weak and her spirit was gone for a moment. It was more than just losing her train of thought. It must be hard to be the only OG remaining, there from Day 1, and then this whipper snapper disrespects her so blatantly and the producers seem to be allowing it. 

Okay, so it wasn't just me.  I got a lump in my throat, you guys. I thought Joy's voice sounded thick, when she told Whoopi she couldn't remember.

I don't suppose anyone was there for today's taping? 

• Love 8

I’ll be in the minority and say I liked Meghan’s smack down. Joy is condescending and one note and doesn’t even try to have an opinion beyond “Trump sucks”. Not to get meta, but a lot of people are going to call Meghan a bitch regardless if she’s a sweet pea or not, so I’m glad she stuck up for herself. 

• Love 2

I don't do Twitter or even Facebook because I am old and mind my own business, but gals and guys, what's going on with Twitter after this horrible mess today? I NEED TO KNOW.  I AM STILL SO MAD I CAN'T SEE STRAIGHT.  Thanks guys. KIsses.👄

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

I don't do Twitter or even Facebook because I am old and mind my own business, but gals and guys, what's going on with Twitter after this horrible mess today? I NEED TO KNOW.  I AM STILL SO MAD I CAN'T SEE STRAIGHT.  Thanks guys. KIsses.👄

Everybody is saying the same thing all the users here are saying. Calling Meghan out for her immature behavior. 

Just now, Cementhead said:

They take a hiatus and return in the fall.

Aw that makes me sad. Especially considering the Democratic debates are this summer.

So I assume they'll end in late May and return late September? 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Just imagine, if the co-hosts were changed, how Whoopi would've acted if, say, Sunny had said that to her. Whoopi would've stopped the show. Sunny would've been made to apologize when they came back from break.

Sunny would never do that to Whoopi (or anyone else).  But if she did Sunny would apologize on her own, as she is a decent person and acting like MM would be completely out of character for her.  

I saw it differently I guess than others.  Because Whoopi appeared glance first at Joy, as to check on her, but then she looked directly at MM when she was talking.  She said everyone gets a chance to speak and you don't get to comment if you don't like what's said.   That comment was directed toward MM not Joy.   Then when she was done she gave the floor to Joy.  

Whoopi tries to keep the peace on the show.  Sometimes she does it by babying MM.  But she's verbally smacked her down on more than one occassion when she's gone too far.   Both Sunny and Whoopi deal with MM with a softer touch than Joy and Anna.   But that's almost by necessity.  Otherwise someone would have physically smacked her on air : )

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
10 minutes ago, sevenrings said:

Also a quick question: I'm a new viewer of The View. I always watched it on and off for years and watched clips on YouTube but this season is the first I've been an avid daily watcher. So my question: does The View air in the summer too? Or will they take a hiatus and return in the fall?

They take about the whole month of August off. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, bannana said:

Whoopi must have known about last week's childish behaviour and that is why she gave the reprimand, but NutMeg won't get the fact that it was about her.

That "reprimand" was too general and not mean enough.  Queen McCain will not get it until it is specifically directed at her, using her name...looking at her in Whoopi's use her angry voice and attitude.  She probably thinks Joy received the correction.  I request a do-over!

• Love 23
3 minutes ago, Haleth said:

They take about the whole month of August off. 

Oh, so not a super long hiatus then? We'll still have them June and July?!

5 minutes ago, After7Only said:

I saw it differently I guess than others.  Because Whoopi appeared glance first at Joy, as to check on her, but then she looked directly at MM when she was talking.  She said everyone gets a chance to speak and you don't get to comment if you don't like what's said.   That comment was directed toward MM not Joy.   Then when she was done she gave the floor to Joy.  

Whoopi tries to keep the peace on the show.  Sometimes she does it by babying MM.  But she's verbally smacked her down on more than one occassion when she's gone too far.   Both Sunny and Whoopi deal with MM with a softer touch than Joy and Anna.   But that's almost by necessity.  Otherwise someone would have physically smacked her on air : )

I agree. The way Whoopi was eyeing Joy the whole time made me feel like she was trying to not upset or offend Meghan. Whoopi does always seem to go out of her way to never upset Meghan. She seemed to be telling Joy (through eye contact lol) "be mature, just ignore her, move on" type of thing. That's what I took from it. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, cinsays said:

Maybe Joy and Sunny and Ana can leave and start a new show called the Polite View and leave Whoopie and the ridiculously-long-fake-hair rude and unpleasant chick to continue on with this mess.

Maybe "A Brighter View."   A Brigher View with a high IQ !!

• LOL 4
  • Love 12