Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 4/8/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

Don't forget that radio interview she did with Whitney Houston where she basically asked her on-air if she was a crackhead. So awful.

I also have mixed feelings about this. I hate what she's going through but she's spent her entire career bringing others down and trying to humiliate them. 

I try to avoid anything Kardashian-related as much as possible. 

I haven't watched today's episode.  I'm surprised they're talking about Wendy. I feel for anyone that has been cheated on and or abused. The problem I have with Wendy is her horrible gleeful attitude at others suffering or going through embarrassing situations.  She asked Nick Cannon about his "oops" baby (her word) right to his face. Never apologized or thought it rude. NC was gracious but damn that was rude. Nick wasn't married to anyone,  unlike her husband. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 13

As someone who has taken the California bar, I seriously doubt Kim K can pass it. 

In Cali you can go to some law schools that offer a four year program without a college degree. (These are usually at night and designed for people who already working in other professions.) However, after the first year, if you do not have a college degree, you must take the “baby bar” exam which covers Criminal Law, Torts and Contract Law.  The baby bar, unlike the regular bar exam,  is only one day long. The actual bar exam is three fun filled days of hell. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 10

Regarding Kim K. "becoming" a lawyer:

My oldest niece is a lawyer in California.  The bar exam was three days long and it was HARD!  In fact, the first time she took it, there was a small fire in the building and everyone had to be evacuated.  When they were allowed back into the building after being outside for a bit over two and a half hours, they were told that they would NOT get that time back even though it was not the applicants' fault.  So they all had less time than most people.  Well, she didn't pass it.  But did on her second try.  🙂   My niece was dedicated to reaching her goal to become a lawyer despite certain obstacles (won't go into that, too long! and totally off-topic).  I really can't see Kim K. devoting four years as an "apprentice" in a law firm on a daily basis.

I thought all of the ladies were very kind about what Wendy Williams is going through.  And as others have said I wonder if she would be as kind.

I really liked David O.'s story about his sons. 😄

• Love 9

I agree with everyone, Kim should finish college if she's interested in being a lawyer...and then apply to law school. I agree with Sunny, there are no shortcuts. I wouldn't want a doctor who hadn't gone to medical school so I can say the same about a lawyer. I've always found that the Kardashians don't value education - which fine okay, but it's like wanting the status that certain professions bring without doing the work.

Also - you can go back to college. Kimora Lee Simmons went back to college and graduated last year. It's never too late.

I disagree that Wendy wouldn't have been as nice on her show. She was very critical of Arnold when he had the baby with the maid. She was def. team Maria.

Edited by Miss Slay
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, Miss Slay said:

I agree with everyone, Kim should finish college if she's interested in being a lawyer...and then apply to law school. I agree with Sunny, there are no shortcuts. I wouldn't want a doctor who hadn't gone to medical school so I can say the same about a lawyer. I've always found that the Kardashians don't value education - which fine okay, but it's like wanting the status that certain professions bring without doing the work.

I disagree that Wendy wouldn't have been as nice on her show. She was very critical of Arnold when he had the baby with the maid. She was def. team Maria.

Wendy enjoyed saying how Arnold's son with the maid looked more like him than Maria's children.  She took great pains gleefully showing pictures of the son and comparing him to Maria's children vis a vis Arnold. It was cruel and insensitive on her part. Now she is in Maria's shoes, how will she like it when people say that her husband's daughter looks more like him than her own son. By the way, Wendy miscarried her two daughters by Kevin and Kevin now has a daughter by his mistress. That has to burn her.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
36 minutes ago, Miss Slay said:

I've always found that the Kardashians don't value education - which fine okay, but it's like wanting the status that certain professions bring without doing the work.

But as Ana (or was it Abby?) pointed out, Kim K. is not getting special treatment.  It's the law in California and three other states that you can bypass college and law school in favor of an apprenticeship.  I'm not saying it's right (I actually think it's nuts), just that Kim is following the same route many others are in those states.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 4/8/2019 at 9:08 PM, TheView said:
2 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I haven't watched today's episode.  I'm surprised they're talking about Wendy. I feel for anyone that has been cheated on and or abused. The problem I have with Wendy is her horrible gleeful attitude at others suffering or going through embarrassing situations.  She asked Nick Cannon about his "oops" baby (her word) right to his face. Never apologized or thought it rude. NC was gracious but damn that was rude. Nick wasn't married to anyone,  unlike her husband. 

Wendy doesn't care about anyone else's feelings but her own and she takes pleasure in embarrassing other people. 

• Love 10

The very idea that Kim K would  commit enough time and brain cells to study the law and pass the bar makes me laugh out loud. And I do mean out loud. 

I’ve never been convinced that Wendy Williams is actually a woman.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

Wendy is a woman. There’s lots of photos of her as a little child on the internet. I’m a bit touchy about the trans rumors because my sister is 6’1” and broad shouldered and the “she’s a man” rumors started when she was a child and made for a difficult adolescence. Being a larger woman isn’t easy. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, SPinCA said:

Wendy is a woman. There’s lots of photos of her as a little child on the internet. I’m a bit touchy about the trans rumors because my sister is 6’1” and broad shouldered and the “she’s a man” rumors started when she was a child and made for a difficult adolescence. Being a larger woman isn’t easy. 

1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

I’ve never been convinced that Wendy Williams is actually a woman.

There are also photos of her pregnant. Even if she were trans, though, there wouldn't be anything wrong with that.

• Love 11

Don't care about Wendy Williams, Kardashians et al, or similar "celebrities."  I would have been fired righ along with Nicole Wallace (except--sadly--I do know who all of them are).

Edited by HaaCHOO
not even correcting "righ," just letting my error hang.
  • Love 11

Most prestigious law firms won't hire someone unless s/he graduated from a highly regarded law school, no matter whether or not s/he passed the bar exam.

I've enjoyed Whoopi being on limited duty. I wonder if it will be her new regular schedule.

The show today was live, as per the announcer at the beginning.

• Love 11
20 minutes ago, SPinCA said:

I apologize if I insulted your sister or you. That was certainly not my intention. My comments were actually directed at her behavior more than her looks. She’s oftentimes so cruel and hateful to other people which I tend to think is more masculine than feminine. Not always, of course. No need for people to give me 50 examples of when that’s not true.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

You know that MOST lawyers do not defend criminal cases on court, right?   Most of them do boring contracts and deeds and stuff.  

Ahhhh...but most of them don't have the money, power, connections, momager, chutzpah, and NAME of a Kardashian.  Maybe the other sisters can be a surgeon and an astronaut--and Rob can be a professor at MIT. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4

The Kardashian’s father was a lawyer, had  any of them wanted to follow in his footsteps I’m sure they would have had an easy road to the top. He was apparently well respected around town long before the OJ trial. I also agree that the best firms won’t hire someone without a prestigious law school on their resume. I know a lawyer who didn’t graduate law school, she made a career change after a divorce and works for a firm in a small rural town. I think they mostly deal with wills and property transfers. The population is only about 2,000 but she’s happy so I guess it’s nice that there’s another path to becoming a lawyer because there’s no way she could have afforded law school and resettling in a big city.  I really don’t think Kim is serious though. The eldest daughter is a college graduate and I’ve seen an interview where she seemed smart. If anyone was going to follow dad’s footsteps it would have been her. 

Gam2 - no offence taken. 

• Love 6

I have a bachelor's degree as well as obtained a paralegal certification from an ABA-accredited program.  I have worked for almost 20 years as a paralegal and there's no way I could pass the bar, especially the California bar.  I know the part of the law that I work in, but everything else, nope, no way, no how, I wouldn't be able to pass and I admit it.  I know Kim K. is getting all of this based on her name and her dad's name.  I will say "good luck" to her.

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

It occurs to me that Kim K is to law as Meghan M is to politics. 

🤔🤣

Kim K has been in law all her life.

BTW, I have been in warehouse management all my life.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

If it hadn’t already been said, Meghan looks like Big Bird today.

I kind of liked the yellow dress. I thought she looked pretty. This is from someone who ff every time she stares at her cards and starts with the statistics and thinks she's an obnoxious cow.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

Kim k doesn’t want to do “all the reading” that law school requires.

Kim k doesn’t want is still not able to do “all the reading” that law school requires.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

Kim k doesn’t want to do “all the reading” that law school requires. Sure, you sound like person I’d hire!

I assume she's choosing "apprenticeship" to some celebrity judge.  I hope he/she will at least keep attendance records.  HaHaHa...maybe I'll submit this as a sample comedy script.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

I assume she's choosing "apprenticeship" to some celebrity judge.  I hope he/she will at least keep attendance records.  HaHaHa...maybe I'll submit this as a sample comedy script.

If she can pass the California bar exam. Or she'll be yet another youtube lawyer.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, DebbieM4 said:

Thank you so much!  You made my day.  So sweet!

My dusty old heart got filled up with the sweet. Hope you don't mind that I gorged on it. Sends some love. :)

• Love 4

I selectively record this show, as in someone interesting, or it's Friday so Joy and Ana. I mostly come here to see if I should watch.  If I record a show, I usually fast forward while saying shut up you stupid cow. And that is usually at the "Mane and Tail shampoo" girl too.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, Tammee said:

Is there something wrong with the group for this week 4-15-19? I'm not seeing it anywhere. thx

This week is all repeats. Generally no one bothers to comment but if you want to say something feel free to post it here or in the all episodes thread. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3