Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E16: Lady Luck

• Start Topic

Episode Description:

Liz and Ressler investigate a Blacklister who offers to erase gambling debts - at a deceptively high price. Meanwhile, Dembe grows concerned as Red tests the loyalties of their business associates in search of the individual who turned him in to the police.

It's rather odd that the preview mentions nothing about the Blacklister o' the week, rather it's all about the traitor.

Reddington has basically forgotten about looking for whoever ratted him out to the cops for 3 episodes since he got out of prison.  Has he had Dembe out looking for them all this time ?  What triggers him to loop back and go on the hunt again ?

23 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

What triggers him to loop back and go on the hunt again ?

Ever find an e-mail date/time stamped a long time ago that suddenly appears in your inbox?  Red must have just got something Dembe sent a few weeks ago... Blame Verizon / AT&T etc...

• LOL 2

Damn that was boring.  Like really, really boring.  Even for being No. 69 the Blacklister was boring, and was found way too easily ..... again.  And the daughter is going to continue the family tradition -- really ?  Man, these show writers suck at writing.

Did Red kill Smokey Putnam because he knows that Dembe knows who ratted him out to the cops ? 
And for good measure tossed Smokey out of the plane -- you would think we would at least get a Scotland reference.

Were we supposed to know who that woman in LA was from a previous episode ?  Because I got nothing.

How did Lizzie have ANY idea that Henry Morris was involved with the 3rd Estate ?  That seemed to come out of nowhere.
Even more bizarre is that no one mentioned the 3rd Estate at all in the entire episode up to that point.

I really don't care about Katerina Rostova -- they've dragged this nugget of mystery out almost as long as who Reddington is, and what his actual connection to Lizzie is.
It's like the suitcase/bag of bones mystery -- which went absolutely no where.

Why the hell is Red smuggling TVs ?  Plus, smugglers don't need documentation -- they're smugglers.

I guess Aram got over Samar quickly, as he never mentioned her once.

On a bright note, I did like the a capella version of The Police's "Every Breath You Take".

Still no sign/mention of Agnes, the dogs, Grandma Scottie or Robert Vesco's cat.  :)

• Love 5
2 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

I'm getting nervous with Ressler's hunt for Katerina. Red can't be Katerina.....can he? 

I've been thinking the same for some time now. 

Ressler will likely find out before Liz does. 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

I'm getting nervous with Ressler's hunt for Katerina. Red can't be Katerina.....can he? 

Trust that Katerina is alive, but NOT Not Red. It's time for the writers to revisit 3x19 "Cape May".

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 3

So Red put the ball squarely in Dembe's court.

Red to Dembe: "If you knew the truth would you come forward to stop me from taking a life?"

Dembe: "of course"

Red: "I can only hope that anyone who knows is as principled as you"

Does Red know that Dembe knows?????

Edited by preeya
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Were we supposed to know who that woman in LA was from a previous episode?

There isn't any Janet MacNamera on the Blacklist.  I don't know either.  Does the name ring a bell?  My best guess is that she was somehow part of Reddington's network, or a government employee who knew that he was working with the task force (or both).  Since she spoke of being "exiled", I take that to mean some kind of Reddington Protection Program, maybe after the task force building was blown up long ago.

Spader sure can bring the evil to Reddington's face when he wants to.  Those closeups were scary. 

Hooray for the little terrier dog that tried to protect his mistress at the beginning.  Glad that the guy didn't kill it too. 

It makes no sense for the daughter to continue on with the "family business".  It would be so obvious to any police force (the clowns in the task force notwithstanding) that there is a copycat killer about.  Besides, other than anger and revenge, what is the motivation for spending large sums of money to kill off gambling addicts?  They had nothing to do with the family's situation.

Reddington is going to have to be really, really sneaky to get the jump on Dembe, if he is in fact convinced of Dembe's involvement in his imprisonment.  Dembe is no slouch nor dumbass.

Edited by Dowel Jones
Research
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Reddington is going to have to be really, really sneaky to get the jump on Dembe, if he is in fact convinced of Dembe's involvement in his imprisonment.  Dembe is no slouch nor dumbass.

Is Dembe a Blacklister? Was the child soldier flashback / origin episode for that reason?

12 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

There isn't any Janet MacNamera on the Blacklist.  I don't know either.  Does the name ring a bell?

There is a reference to Janet McNamara in MR. GREGORY DEVRY, NO. 95, Season 3, Episode 11.

I'll have to go back and rewatch it.

Is anyone familiar with this?

Also found this on Wiki:

Janet.JPG

Edited by preeya

Reading here made me more confused than I was before.

The standing guy in @preeya's photo looks like The Bachelor's Chris Harrison. Don't ask me how I know that.

What a bunch of tools that the FBI goes undercover to trap a person all while wearing black business suits to surround a rural café. Then no one notices the one car driving away from an isolated parking lot, the only car moving in a deserted area.

So Lizzie is all flip flopped on her obsession with finding her mom and she ranks on Ressler after she dragged him into it? Ressler should be able to do whatever he wants, and he needs to grow a pair and tell Lizzie to bug off. Pun intended.

So now Katarina is (mostly) dead but Katarina's mother might be (mostly) alive? There's another grandma to help Scottie raise that kid Lizzie had. What was the kid's name again? *cough*

The guy dead on the ground shown at the end ... was that the guy Red was flying around in his plane? The one who had to listen to Red's flying-vs.-falling soliloquy? I'd be inclined to jump out of the plane just to get away from that. But back to the show ... I doubt someone falling from an airplane would just have some blood streaks on his face. He wouldn't even have any identifiable body parts, much less a recognizable head.

Is Red wise to Dembe? I wish Dembe would just tell Red it was Liz/the disappeared sister who busted him. Will Red go all Mr. Kaplan on Dembe? Inquiring minds want to know.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Hooray for the little terrier dog that tried to protect his mistress at the beginning.  Glad that the guy didn't kill it too. 

My tv is so dark, I figured he killed the dog too, like a few episodes ago where the bad guys let the dog burn up (or was it blown up) in that house when they could have easily let it out the front door when they left.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, saber5055 said:

The guy dead on the ground shown at the end ... was that the guy Red was flying around in his plane? The one who had to listen to Red's flying-vs.-falling soliloquy? I'd be inclined to jump out of the plane just to get away from that. But back to the show ... I doubt someone falling from an airplane would just have some blood streaks on his face. He wouldn't even have any identifiable body parts, much less a recognizable head.

From what I understand from a Frederick Forsythe novel (The Fist of God), in order to chuck a person out of a private jet, the jet must be at a low altitude and cruising just above stall speed. Otherwise you can't (and don't want to) open the door. Bearing that in mind, I could see a body landing mostly intact.

As for Carny-guy, he should have known better. If Red wanted to deal meth he wouldn't have executed Skinny Pete all the way back in Season 1. I do wonder what will become of Carny-guy's wife. Is she guilty by association? Is Red going to keep her around but tell her some story? Or is going to just be straight up gangsta about it and tell her if she crosses him, she's getting a flying lesson too?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, saber5055 said:

My tv is so dark, I figured he killed the dog too, like a few episodes ago where the bad guys let the dog burn up (or was it blown up) in that house when they could have easily let it out the front door when they left.

Yeah, they blew up the house with the dog in it.

28 minutes ago, dwmarch said:

Bearing that in mind, I could see a body landing mostly intact.

I disagree. If you do a search for falls from a building, what happens to the body is labeled "graphic content" in search results. There is no body per se, there are parts of a body, most unidentifiable. And that's from a building, not a jet. Of course, no way would any network show be able to air what the result would really resemble. Instead we are shown something as fake as pretty much everything else on this show. Which, I guess, is a good thing. But beware if you ever come across a suicide jumper. It won't be like on The Blacklilst.

31 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Yeah, they blew up the house with the dog in it.

Thanks Otto. I guess. That's why I figured they would kill the little Jack Russell this week. They didn't, did they? I assumed show writers had a hate against dogs. TV shows aren't suppose to kill little kids or dogs. They just make them disappear.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 2

I like Demke despite the fact of the producers not using him enough. And really just making him an yes sir or no sir kind of character that is one dimensional about. 

The bad guys that even blow up the dog have no morals or ethics. 

5 hours ago, saber5055 said:

What a bunch of tools that the FBI goes undercover to trap a person all while wearing black business suits to surround a rural café. Then no one notices the one car driving away from an isolated parking lot, the only car moving in a deserted area.

One word:  Ressler.

3 hours ago, dwmarch said:

From what I understand from a Frederick Forsythe novel (The Fist of God), in order to chuck a person out of a private jet, the jet must be at a low altitude and cruising just above stall speed.

Reddington probably had his plane customized for this very purpose.

• Love 3

Haven't watched in years but huh?  The Blacklist became the Twilight Zone.  That was weird, dumb and creepy.  I figured Red was talking to Dembe the whole time.

• LOL 1
On 4/13/2019 at 2:14 AM, Dowel Jones said:

It makes no sense for the daughter to continue on with the "family business".  It would be so obvious to any police force (the clowns in the task force notwithstanding) that there is a copycat killer about.  Besides, other than anger and revenge, what is the motivation for spending large sums of money to kill off gambling addicts?  They had nothing to do with the family's situation.

So her daughter loves revenge more than she loves her little son?

Did Lady Luck keep her husband and his iron lung in the basement until their daughter left home?

22 hours ago, dwmarch said:

From what I understand from a Frederick Forsythe novel (The Fist of God), in order to chuck a person out of a private jet, the jet must be at a low altitude and cruising just above stall speed. Otherwise you can't (and don't want to) open the door. Bearing that in mind, I could see a body landing mostly intact.

As for Carny-guy, he should have known better. If Red wanted to deal meth he wouldn't have executed Skinny Pete all the way back in Season 1. I do wonder what will become of Carny-guy's wife. Is she guilty by association? Is Red going to keep her around but tell her some story? Or is going to just be straight up gangsta about it and tell her if she crosses him, she's getting a flying lesson too?

She wasn't his wife. They didn't get along ( not that that proves they weren't married....)

So now we’re supposed to be back to rooting for this serial killer asshole crime boss (Red) who lies to everyone, snuffs out his closest associates and somehow got his empire back after being almost broke.  Anyone remember that time?

He’ll probably murder Ressler, and Dembe, while Lizzie diddles herself, watching with glee.  Because who cares about the truth or integrity in the FBI.

Still dreck.

2 hours ago, ForumWarVeteran said:

I don't know about you, Dembe, but I'm beginning to think spending your entire adult life enabling Red's worst instincts and aiding and abetting his criminal behavior wasn't the best way to "save his soul." Just a thought.

Now, now, the business of soul-saving is a long process and doesn't usually go in a straight line. It's more of a one-step forward, two-steps back kind of deal. Or, in Red's case, 1/1000th step forward and 63.75 steps backward. Still, progress. Of a sort.

• LOL 2