Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Shadow Selves

• Start Topic

After learning about a group of young girls who have gone missing, Tandy and Tyrone look to see if they can find out what has happened to them. As they get further into their investigation, they realize someone else is trying to rescue the girls too, but in her own vigilante justice type of way. Meanwhile, Mina may have discovered a side effect to the big Roxxon leak.

Airing Thursday, April 11, 2019

I hope Ty gets to link back up with the preacher man soon... I will say the kids are not shy about their powers in public... Not that either had much choice... Ty and Tandy are still the backbone of the show... Watching them outside the hangout you could see how much they care about each other... Real good epi 

• Love 1

I like that Ty's the innocent one, him being nervous about walking into a strip club and confused how Tandy a hot blonde can just walk into a club without waiting in line. I was wondering if we'd see Mina again. I'm glad they have a scientist friend in their circle since they have to deal with timid Brigid and violent Brigid.  

He absorbed Mayhem that's one way to get rid of her. It'll be interesting to see the dark realm next week. 

• Love 2

I am really conflicted about this show. Sometimes the writing seems brilliant in one sentence and then horrible with the next sentence. Some plots are inspired, while other are asinine. Maybe duality is the underlining theme throughout the entire production process. 

How does Tyrone look old enough to be in a strip club?

How can you give someone superpowers and then have a scientist be able to reproduce that person's superpower at will. And this research definitely shouldn't be funded by a grant from a large corporation. That is not how superpowers are supposed to portrayed, get it right, TV show writers.

The one part that I really enjoyed was when Brigid threw up in the puddle and Mayhem came up behind her and pushed her in the puke water. Comedy Gold!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, AnimeMania said:

The one part that I really enjoyed was when Brigid threw up in the puddle and Mayhem came up behind her and pushed her in the puke water. Comedy Gold!

LOL! I know right? I also snickered (sorry!) when Mayhem snarked "loser!" at her. Their dynamic is weirdly sibling-like. That is if you're siblings with a psychopathic serial killing mean girl. 

• Love 5

Things I liked: Mayhem and her struggle with her lack of morality was awesome

It was fun catching up with the season one characters and seeing that not everything worked out for them.

Ty and tandy's struggles with their way of fighting crime was an intriguing debate. Ty and tandy in general have great chemistry.

Things I didn't like: Regular Brigid was boring as hell.

For a show about sex slaves, this show really fails at using the subject matter. At least give us one of them as a character so we can  hear their point of view. Because as of now, they're just white noise.

they're mastering their powers way too fast. I don't need them to take a full season but I feel they should still be struggling when learning of new things they can do. Especially when it took them a while in the previous season. Now it's just do a movie one time, master it.

13 minutes ago, Oscirus said:

Things I liked: Mayhem and her struggle with her lack of morality was awesome

It was fun catching up with the season one characters and seeing that not everything worked out for them.

Ty and tandy's struggles with their way of fighting crime was an intriguing debate. Ty and tandy in general have great chemistry.

Things I didn't like: Regular Brigid was boring as hell.

For a show about sex slaves, this show really fails at using the subject matter. At least give us one of them as a character so we can  hear their point of view. Because as of now, they're just white noise.

they're mastering their powers way too fast. I don't need them to take a full season but I feel they should still be struggling when learning of new things they can do. Especially when it took them a while in the previous season. Now it's just do a movie one time, master it.

Well that had a year of lower level vigilantism to perfect their craft off camera. Ty had to do something besides movie nights, So he stalked the ones he loved. 

2 hours ago, Raja said:

Well that had a year of lower level vigilantism to perfect their craft off camera. Ty had to do something besides movie nights, So he stalked the ones he loved. 

Perhaps, but not the things he just learned not even an episode earlier.

2 hours ago, Oscirus said:

Perhaps, but not the things he just learned not even an episode earlier.

The same day I learned to stay upright on a bike was the day I popped my first wheelie 

• LOL 1

Mayhem is kind of awesome, in a scary psychopathic kind of way. I love how she always snarks on what a loser Bridgette is, like some bitchy older sister, when she isnt just straight up trying to kill her. Its also interesting that Bridget without Mayhem is also clearly different than "normal" Bridgette, as this one is obviously more timid and nervous than she ever was. She really did split right down the middle. 

Awww Tyrone was so nervous to go into a strip club. He really is just an adorable little bean. I pretty badass bean, but still. He and Tandy are a great team, they really are very yin and yang in both powers and personalities. 

Nice to see Nina again, she is certainly a good person to have on the team. Every super hero needs a science connection!

• Love 5
On 4/12/2019 at 12:11 AM, AnimeMania said:

How does Tyrone look old enough to be in a strip club?

He doesn't.  This is why he questioned Tandy about how they were going to go in and she said just walk in.  Tyrone wasn't naive, per se, he was asking a normal question.  He's a kid, he doesn't know much about social life, but he does know that he's underage and therefore, by law, he didn't expect to be able to just "Walk in".  Tandy, Ms. "Former Party Girl" is used to just "Walking in", yes, it may be because she's young and hot, but that's how this society (NOT world) works.  Clubs want guys with money coming in and spending it, whether it's building up a tab or whatever brings the money in.  Tandy has thrived in that venue in the past and has a little bit of experience.  I don't see it as privileged, because she qualifies as 'bait', she could be any color, as long as she was whatever the club decides was the "bait" to catch the "fish".

Another good episode, and thankfully I paid attention to the nail colors, so thank you Keywestclubkid, but it wasn't really needed as the show copped your hint and threw in the shirt color difference to help those not in the know. 😉

What I'm curious about it perhaps a question best answered by a Cloak & Dagger professional:  After reading Wikipedia's description of Cloak's powers, how is he able to appear precisely where he wants to be?  I understand he "travels' through the Dark Force and 1 step, while in there, could equal quite a distance upon return to the regular world. However, the degree of skill needed to traverse vast distance and then return to nearly the same spot should require a life time to learn.  Is the explanation "It's just magic!" the only one?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jacks-Son said:

I understand he "travels' through the Dark Force and 1 step, while in there, could equal quite a distance upon return to the regular world. However, the degree of skill needed to traverse vast distance and then return to nearly the same spot should require a life time to learn.  Is the explanation "It's just magic!" the only one?

Similar powers say that they have to have seen the place they are traveling to, but not Ty.

Edited by AnimeMania
missed a word
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Similar powers say that they have to have seen the place they are traveling to, but not Ty.

Like in the film "Jumper" where the Jumper cannot jump to a place they haven't seen before or the TV series, "Impulse"? However, Tyrone doesn't actually "teleport".  He enters the Dark Force and travels to where he needs to go.  If you watched closely, when he opened up his portal to absorb Mayhem, he used the Dark Force to grab her and with her in tow, he traveled to the Dark Force dimension.  Once there, he left her there and traveled back.  He was physically gone briefly then traveled back to the exact same spot and stood up.  I can understand that as it doesn't require much traveling.  Its' the travel to a distant place then return to where he started that confuses me. The precision required to do such a thing safely should take years of practice.

BTW, I liked how Tandy was conflicted about branding Mayhem as totally bad and thus wavered, but she saw how bleak it was for the rescued girl that it renewed her determination to stop Mayhem and be a bit more proactive.

I binge watched s1 recently while sick and am now going through s2, so I'm behind you all. 🙂 

This episode was super dark and intense. I did NOT expect the priest's fall from grace or the degree of trauma of the rescued women. I was not particularly sad when Mayhem started mowing the men down.

Emma Lahana is doing a great job in the split role. I thought I would use the nail polish code, but it is so clear when she's Mayhem and when she's Docile Brigit and both are different from whole Brigit last season.

I'm excited to finally really see the Dark Force. I hope we'll get more of the light version for Tandy--I'd like a little hope!

I think Ty can move so precisely because the Dark Force is functionally a little magical and it guides him. We know that it can take him places he didn't even intend to go. 

My understanding is that Mina could reproduce the split with the mice because they were doused with the same mixture of light/dark force that Brigit was.