Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E18: End of an Era

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

Jax and Brittany were total dicks to Raquel about the puppy party.  I’ll wait, and hopefully Jax sperm is so fried they won’t ever be able to procreate.  Some day they will be crying for friends to attend their puppy shower.  

They were but I also felt like James is using Raquel to try to worm his way back in into the core group.  Raquel isn't asking them because she wants to be friends.  She is asking because she wants to be on TV.  Or James instructed her to.  There was an undertone of what part of we aren't associating with James do you not get frustration.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
2 minutes ago, Jel said:

Aww now I am sad again because she really wants to be on tv and these bishes just won't let her. Back to meanies!

The meanest thing anyone did to Raquel tonight was probably the sound effects to emphasize that Raquel doesn't have a brain in her head while Jax was insulting her intelligence in a voice over. 

And it may not have actually happened that way.  But I got caught in her wide eyes and if it didn't happen that way then I was suffering some kind of mesmerism that created a 'the vacancy in Raquel's brain' soundtrack in my head.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Pop Tart said:

The way Lala was needing to be squeezed during her panic attack? All I could think was ‘someone get that girl a Thundershirt.’

Billie whining that Lala had been super nasty to her while at Sur and how Lisa didn’t do anything about it? Difference is, Lala was shouting at her co-workers, not Lisa. Lisa will take a whole lot of fights between the staff at her restaurant because it not only creates drama for the show, it’s also dramatic performances for the customers at Sur (many of whom are eating there in hopes of seeing someone shouting at someone else). But no one gets to yell at Lisa at Sur. 

I was surprised that Brittany wasn’t upset that Scheana ran right to Billie to tell her she wasn’t invited to the engagement party, like right to her.

I thought the same thing about a Thundershirt for Lala. Or girl needs to be wrapped in a weighted blanket. 

Raquel is so obviously trying to get on the show more often. She’s shooting for cast status. Too bad there is literally nothing interesting about her. Dumber than a box of hammers.

• Love 12

One of the weirdest things on Bravo shows, especially this one, is how they go out of their way to have relationships with people who actively, strongly hate their BFF/SO’s.  Remember when Ariana’s BFF, Scheana, HAD to try to be friends with Kristin, who was physically threatening Ariana?  I don’t like Katie, but why is Schwartz friends with James after everything that he’s said about her?  

And now Raquel is just so bummed because she can’t establish friendships with a bunch of people who hate her boyfriend.  Why does she want to be friends with these people?

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, ParadoxLost said:

They were but I also felt like James is using Raquel to try to worm his way back in into the core group.  Raquel isn't asking them because she wants to be friends.  She is asking because she wants to be on TV.  Or James instructed her to.  There was an undertone of what part of we aren't associating with James do you not get frustration.

They could have been cordial about it.  They act like they are the perfect couple model and they ARE NOT!   Jax should be groveling at all times. 

And then on to the Billie debacle. Let’s be real here.  Brittany dissed on Billie because of her inherent beliefs.  That scene was so beyond fake, Brittany was struggling for words where she really just wanted to say my people will not be OK with you.  

• Love 3
(edited)

Brittany never mentioned James to Schena so that was weird of her to bring up but Billie feeling the need to make it all about her is annoying and typical of her! It’s their party you are coworkers and not that close and you have argued with all of her actual friends why the fuck would you be invited.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 16
(edited)

I didn't think Stassi was being a crazy psycho last week.  Why was she apologetic for it and making Beau apparently sob the whole night?  I mean, why was he sobbing to begin with?  It seemed manipulative and a way to make her feel bad.  She wanted to go to bed at 3 am....so?  Go to bed Beau.  Or break up and stay out forever.  Idk, I'm a little bit in a bad mood, but I was annoyed because to me it didn't really seem like they were fighting about anything, but it seemed like they were acting like they were having a very special moment on Beverly Hills 90210.  Forgive my reference, I'm old and I don't know what the kids watch these days.

Also, I've always felt like Tom is much more into Ariana than she is into him, but this season, I feel like Ariana might be more into the entire female cast than she is into Tom. I know couples have their own rules, but Tom is nice to be okay with her making out with other women. I know if my bf wanted to make out with all his male friends, I would not be laughing about it.

Edited by Brooke0707
  • Love 18

I don't really have anything to add. I just want to say that Gamble's (Real Housewives of Melbourne) dog race event is probably my favorite dog themed housewives event. She had dog jockey/rider costumes for all of the dogs and dog bone trophies for the dogs. I think Raquel might have actually had some takers if she had a mini Doggie Olympics with races, bobbing for biscuits, ball fetching, and timed sitting and staying. There would be trophies and treats for the dogs. Food and booze for their owners. That sounds so legitimately fun that most of these folks might have attended. 

http://www.bravotv.com/video/share/2865386

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Brooke0707 said:

I didn't think Stassi was being a crazy psycho last week.  Why was she apologetic for it and making Beau apparently sob the whole night?  I mean, why was he sobbing to begin with?  It seemed manipulative and a way to make her feel bad.  She wanted to go to bed at 3 am....so?  Go to bed Beau.  Or break up and stay out forever. 

Stassi ends up apologizing to Beau. Infuriating. I can't with this guy. Talk about gaslighting. 

• Love 9

I’m surprised that the servers do not have to have their hair tied back at SUR. On several occasions Sheana’s long, not very clean looking hair appeared to drop perilously close to diners’ food as she inquired after them. I found it very off putting.  Admittedly, I don’t think her hair is very attractive, too long and too dark for her,  but it appeared especially unhygienic as  she worked in the restaurant.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, dosodog said:

Yes!

I was completely charmed by Tom Juan.  Rose petals are nice, but when you include beef jerky, doritos and candy?

Game on!

As much as I loved this... I can’t be the only one calculating how expensive that was in hotel prices. ($6 per chip pack, $5 per bubble tape... lol)

6 hours ago, Steph J said:

People still have white parties?  It's time to get a new idea.

“It’s SUR’s first white party!” Awesome if it was 1990, but 2018? Might as well have a donut wall and mason jar cocktails if you want to be trendy.

• LOL 6
  • Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, ivygirl said:

As much as I loved this... I can’t be the only one calculating how expensive that was in hotel prices. ($6 per chip pack, $5 per bubble tape... lol)

“It’s SUR’s first white party!” Awesome if it was 1990, but 2018? Might as well have a donut wall and mason jar cocktails if you want to be trendy.

At least then that would mean there would be donuts, which elevates any gathering IMO (wall or not).

In fact, along with all the other stuff @HunterHunted mentioned, James and Raquel should have planned for a donut wall for humans and dogs. I can promise my dog and I would go to whatever stupid party is being held if (good) donuts are on offer.

ETA: I also like the idea of contests and ribbons and awards like Gamble had. Her party looked like a lot of fun! I love when my handsome mutt can win ribbons just for doing silly tricks or being adorable. He really likes to be praised and I love it when others praise him.

The more I think about it, neither of these two are brain trusts, but the best they could come up with was “pin the tail on the puppy” and some game involving poop bags? God help the sorority sister who makes Raquel a bridesmaid in charge of planning showers and bachelorettes.

Edited by MrsWitter
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
(edited)

Schwartz is getting my endorsement for favorite SURver of the episode. That was really cute when he was holding the champagne glasses up in bed surrounded by chips and said, “Romance!” I also liked how he played the part of a Brooklyn mobster for his role as bar owner. He did something else that I thought was funny/cute, but now it’s escaping me.

Why are Billie and Raquel both still trying to make themselves happen? In what world do adults actively berate people into trying to be their friends? Puppy parties aren’t a thing. And Puff Daddy* called...he wants his white party back. *That party concept is so old, we need to go back at least a half dozen iterations of names. Please, I’m going to start the SUR Ice Cream Social. How about a hootenanny? The Sunday Night Sadie Hawkins Dance?

Edited by JenE4
  • LOL 10
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, geauxaway said:

They could have been cordial about it.  They act like they are the perfect couple model and they ARE NOT!   Jax should be groveling at all times. 

And then on to the Billie debacle. Let’s be real here.  Brittany dissed on Billie because of her inherent beliefs.  That scene was so beyond fake, Brittany was struggling for words where she really just wanted to say my people will not be OK with you.  

Jax and Brittney were being as nice as they could be to Raquel's face without just lying and saying they had other plan. I believe both of they were saying that they like her.  That they wouldn't come because of James.  If it was just her party they would have come.  Its the talking head voice overs that were unkind to Raquel.

There was something off about how Brittany explained to Billie why she couldn't come.

Jax's reasoning was....  She's having/had drama with Kristen and Lala and doesn't want to pay for someone that is likely to be part of a scene at the engagement party when he doesn't know them well enough to risk it.

Brittany's explanation was basically Jax decided and because you are on James' side.   I don't know why she didn't just say that Jax and she are closer to X, Y, Z and don't want conflict at the party.

• Love 7

I don't even like James, but I'm sick of him being held to a different standard than anyone else. It makes it somewhat difficult to not empathize with him. And since I'm a sucker for cute young animals I'd definitely attend a puppy shower just to get my fill of warm fuzzies - puppies never disappoint. I'm rather surprised the others didn't jump on that band wagon for the same reason James and Raquel are hosting it - to make major points with LVP.

I've never bought into Stassi's reformed act - She started out as a seriously nasty bitch and that persona is definitely bubbling below the surface. Guess she just figures tears are the better way to manipulate Beau. I'd say poor guy, but the reveal about him being a working actor kinda shot that idea down., 

Katie's another one who needs to have her ego put in check - and her fishwife ass off the show. She is not exactly what I'd consider an supportive partner to an SO trying out his wings in bar/restaurant management or in any way entertaining on her own,

I can't believe that Sur or Villa Blanca or Pump or even TomTom has any shortage of up and coming twenty-somethings who could slide right in, create appropriate drama, provide sufficient eye-candy and have enough quirks in their personalities to be entertaining yet angsty.

Hopefully Brittany and Jax will motor off the screen once they cash in big from however many seasons they can  milk from their faux wedding. I find both of them blatantly phony and irresponsible.

Ariana grows on me - she's almost like Cam's 'greek chorus' in her commentaries - and she's not a nasty drunk. She, FI and Schwartz would make for an interesting triad. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I just want to say that Gamble's (Real Housewives of Melbourne) dog race event is probably my favorite dog themed housewives event

My favorite Bravo dog event was RHOD dog costume event where Leanne and her beagle wore matching hot dog costumes.  I still giggle thinking of Leanne doing her TH interview dressed as a hot dog.

I think Ariana should dump Tom and just date women.  She seems to be more into them and has zero chemistry with Tom.  Maybe she's so unlikable bc she's with the wrong person and deep down she knows it.  

I loved the expression on Stassi's face when Raquel didn't know who Charles Manson was.  That's like a sacrilege to Stassi who is obsessed with murder.

What college did Raquel go to? Did she have a rich Aunt Becky?

I'm mean but I was cackling over those pathetic fliers they made for a 'puppy shower' that nobody wants to attend.  With James and Raquel's stupid faces on them.

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
(edited)
38 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

I'm mean but I was cackling over those pathetic fliers they made for a 'puppy shower' that nobody wants to attend.  With James and Raquel's stupid faces on them.

There's no way they actually printed that many fliers despite James claiming that he spent so much money on them. I assume that he was trying to look baller like the guy at a club that would whip out a wad of cash but it was really one or two larger bills wrapped over a stack of $1 bills*. So it was really a stack of random paper from his recycling bin that he cut into roughly the same size and sandwiched it with, like, five or six fliers so that it looked like they were going to invite a thousand people to their apartment but really, it's just going to be a handful of people that James hasn't pissed off, Billie (yay! She finally got invited to something!), and maybe his grifter mom?

* Movies and TV lead me to believe this happens in real life but I'm Canadian and our money comes in every colour of the rainbow so it's pretty obvious if you've got a brown $100 and a red $50 covered a stack of blue $5 bills. The Bank of Canada: ruining douchebag-in-a-bar lies since 1986.

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 13
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, b2H said:

Billie.

Again.

Everyone wants to get on Lala for taking her pain with the loss of her father too far.  When do we finally get to say something to Billie about using all the stuff she has been through as an excuse for her own bad behavior?

I think Billie is trying to get a more permanent role and she knows she has to buck up to someone to get it.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Jel said:

Stassi was flat out rude, and Brit was kinda unkind for someone who prides herself on being nice.

I could see how someone would think Stassi was rude, although I thought she was just being upfront. But I didn't see Brittany as rude at all. With both Billie and Raquel, she gave reasonable explanations and tried to reassure both girls that it wasn't about them. 

IMO, Scheana is the one at fault, for bringing up that Billie wouldn't be invited to the engagement party. At work. That was awful. 

• Love 24
10 hours ago, nexxie said:

Asking James who that is as they drove off was great!

As funny as it was, I won’t knock her in this instance. These millennials don’t know anything about the past (for the most part.) I bet if you threw Janis Joplin, Diana Ross, Jeffrey Dahmer or heck even Michael or Janet Jackson in a lineup, they wouldn’t know who was who lol. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Escapereality said:

I have so ruined this show stopping by SUR ( and even TomTom recently) during my work trips.  The whole “ I have to put in for time so I can go to Mexico”. Please.  They don’t work at these places.  Peter I have seen but that’s it.  Maybe the Toms are showing their faces occasionally but I keep wondering how long these people can quit their day jobs. 

I got panic attacks out of the blue after suddenly losing my dad so I can’t doubt LaLa for that.

How did the restaurants look in person? Was it hard getting in?  

• Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, LadyK said:

On several occasions Sheana’s long, not very clean looking hair appeared to drop perilously close to diners’ food as she inquired after them. I found it very off putting.  Admittedly, I don’t think her hair is very attractive, too long and too dark for her,  but it appeared especially unhygienic as  she worked in the restaurant.

Right?! I dunno if it’s just cheap extensions or she’s not caring for them properly or a combo of both, but her hair is way too long and greasy/gross on her. She looks so much cuter/fresher with the shorter hair she was rocking season or so ago. And did you see those hideous fake lavender nails of hers? Can you imagine how much grease/food gets under those claws?! She just looks so dirty/gross this season.

Speaking of gross, what was LaLa doing just showing up to work in what looked to be a sports bra and no shirt?! I’m convinced she did that purely for reaction from Lisa in a scene. That was way extreme, even for her thirst trap ways.

As for her “anxiety attacks”, she was beyond tiresome at that dinner, dramatically demanding the other girls hold her and cling to her...anxiety doesn’t usually involve begging for excessive touching and stunt queening, but whatever; loved how Stassi dismissively rolled her eyes and shut that shit down immediately. 

Wish Stassi could’ve been just as strong with Beau as he stunt queened away with his own supposed anxiety rash(could barely tell the rash from those tacky tats of his). Was he going for an Emmy with that dramatic morning after theater he was presenting? Sheesh...so they both got really drunk and had a disagreement about vacay fun/expectations. They both said some stupid shit. They *both* needed to just apologize and move on—-they key to a healthy relationship is fighting clean and making love dirty, after all. Talk about melodrama.

Billie is way too OTT; weeping and cursing at work like that(to her BOSS!!) was ludicrous. And she wonders why she’s not getting an engagement party invite? She’s a dumpster fire who rages at every event; why would Jax/Brittany even want her around at their party? Maybe she can start taking an anger management course along with all her extra hormones.

The puppy party saga...I’ve been to a puppy party: they’re so fun!! I’d go to a puppy party, just not with James and Raquel(although Graham is adorable). Raquel is indeed a dim bulb; what kind of moron doesn’t know who Charles Manson is?! And then her mousy little cracking voice coupled with her dumb derp face doesn’t help things. And she somehow graduated from college?!

So Sandoval is gone from SUR officially...bittersweet indeed...they’ll miss him there. 

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 9

I think Beau is doing a public service in showing that if you're going to get a tattoo don't go cheap and don't slack on your maintenance.

Friends should not let friends tattoo otherwise, don't be a Beau.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

Really, Stassi?  You're comparing Raquel's relationship with James to the woman who wanted to marry the monster who masterminded the Tate-LaBianca murders?  Get over yourself.  If having a relationship with someone who is nasty to people and a narcissic asshole, the same comparison could then be made about YOU in Seasons 1 to 3.  Or Jax.  And I would point out this this is the same guy who your bestie Kristin went around with for a year.  

And I'm going to stick up a little for Raquel here - she may have been referring to the woman Stassi mentioned rather than Manson himself.  Doesn't mean I think she's smart - I don't like her at all - I think if she could kick James to the curb and stay relevant to the show, she'd do it in a heartbeat.  

And Billie - really?  You're going to yell at your boss?  

I thought it was cute when Lisa fired Sandoval and brought him over personally to TomTom.  I'm not a huge Sandoval fan, but I think he's really going to be the "heart" of TomTom.  

• Love 11

Reactions in no particular order :

- Brit looked really pretty this episode in all the scenes in Mexico and at Sur. She was especially cute when she was in her pajamas reading the guest list

- I could watch that exchange re the puppy shower with Raquel and Stassi on a loop

- wtf was up the lighting/ angles when Raquel and James were in his car??!! It made me think of Cash Cab. I don't recall any prior scenes in cars looking that distorted, low budget and almost green screenish?

- What exactly is going on with Raquel's eyebrows in her talking head? She's two plucks of hair away from a full on unibrow.

- Scheana calling anyone else needy and selfish is rich.

- I don't know what is worse- Scheana's voice or Jax's permanent wide eye expressions? They both make me irrationally angry.

- I'm beginning to dislike Lisa more and more each episode rather than simply each season.

- It was very sweet and mature the way Brit handled Billie and Raquel. I do believe she is a kind person and I respect that she almost always tries to be diplomatic when a cast member or group of cast members is stirring up shit. She doesn't misrepresent anything when relaying information and calmly corrects someone who does.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, FancyNancy said:

As funny as it was, I won’t knock her in this instance. These millennials don’t know anything about the past (for the most part.) I bet if you threw Janis Joplin, Diana Ross, Jeffrey Dahmer or heck even Michael or Janet Jackson in a lineup, they wouldn’t know who was who lol. 

I wouldn't either. I have nieces and nephews around that age who are clueless about all manner of pop culture that happened before their birth. I was just at Whole Foods and two of the girls who worked there were talking about having to watch the really old Romeo and Juliet movie in an English class; it was Baz Luhrmann's from 1996. I'm not surprised that she doesn't know who Manson is. Everyone always assumes that their life and experience is normal, common, and typical, but that's just not true.

Raquel graduated from Sonoma State.

5 hours ago, ivygirl said:

White parties are still a thing in the queer community of which Billie is a member.

19 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

I thought it was cute when Lisa fired Sandoval and brought him over personally to TomTom.  I'm not a huge Sandoval fan, but I think he's really going to be the "heart" of TomTom.  

He still does Spicy Tequila Tuesdays with Tom at SUR. Just like waiting a 18 months to finally deposit both cheques, this is more of Lisa's bullshit.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, biakbiak said:

They said she told them to do it. She knows that it’s for the show so probably doesn’t care even if they are there more than the others are at SUR I can’t imagine they are doing a lot of the day to day of actually running the business.

She did tell them to take a few days because they would be hard at work upon return. I expect the Toms, Sandoval in particular, will be very involved in the bar because this is the kind of opportunity that does not come around very often if at all. Schwartz seems to really, really love playing host. He could probably work there for life, while I believe Sandoval is going to use it as a stepping stone. He knows this show will not last forever, that he has no future as a model or actor or musician and he's going to make this count. And unlike most of the others, he has a real work ethic and actually loves what he does with his little drink recipes.

Does anyone remember the name of the drink Schwartz gifted his friends toward the end of the episode?

• Love 2
9 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Raquel’s voice.

Her voice shakes so much, you can tell how nervous she was approaching all of them.  That being said, I got second hand embarrassment for her.  Honey, I'm sorry, but get a clue and read the room.  Detach yourself from that loser you call a boyfriend and you will be so much better off.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, geauxaway said:

I can't believe that didn't cross my mind.  You are absolutely right.  No way would her mom be ok with Billie after her reactions at the Jax roast-there was something about him kissing another guy?  Like all the cheating and lying he did was fine, but ZOMG he kissed a guy?  (Eye roll)

• Love 5