Type keyword(s) to search

South Park - General Discussion

• Start Topic

From CC.com:

NEW YORK, November 16, 2015 – PC Principal‘s façade begins to crumble on an all-new episode of “South Park” titled “Sponsored Content on Wednesday, November 18 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

Jimmy is sent to the principal’s office for using an inappropriate word in the school paper. His integrity as a newsman runs head on into PC Principals ideology. Will Jimmy be the undoing of PC Principal?

Here's the link. I can't read the headline on the newspaper. Can anybody make it out?

I was just dying when they said let's pretend to break up. The girls were just going to keep drawing!

I'm not a Yaoi person, but I've been reading slash since the late 90's, and there's nothing more a slash writer likes than angst, so yeah, wasn't going to help them much.

I really enjoyed it because, as I've said, I've been reading slash since I was 13, and that basically nailed the vibe of it.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1

PC Principal finally meets his match: Jimmy. And it was awesome. Finally seeing PC Principal squirm was just so satisfying. The PC Bro's rager for People For Disabilities was great. Of course they wouldn't actually pay attention to the disabled kids and try to score chicks. After they sign consent forms, of course.

Seeing Mr. Garrison and Caitlyn Jenner again was great. If it's them vs Hillary we might have an actual election here.

So...

Leslie and PC Principal are living ads, and Leslie is self-aware but PC Principal isn't.

And the pic we saw last week?

A living ad for State Farm.

and it's up to Jimmy and Mr. Garrison to save us. How many episodes do we have left??

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 2

Holy shit. It's all coming coming together.

Jimmy rules for taking down the PC fratboys. Of course they're only being PC to get girls. And somehow ads are begins everything. Nice twist about Leslie being an ad...no wonder she never said anything.

Principal Victoria is back! Yay!

Man it sucks we have to wait two weeks to see how this will all work out.

• Love 2

Huh.  And here I thought PC Principal would be an ad for a PC.  And Leslie, who at first I thought was autistic from her speech patterns, looks to be his daughter.  This whole "PC" plotline is starting to heat up!

I love when they show the handicapped characters as being smarter and more devious than regular people.  Jimmy standing up to the PC Principal and the Geico Rep was awesome.

Principal Victoria and Mr. Garrison teaming up to bring down the PC Principal?  This is gonna be good!

• Love 1

Wooooow, that escalated quickly ! 

I mean, we knew something was boiling up from the start of the season, but I expected a few more episodes before all things heat up (although if it's a 10 episodes season it makes sense). Looking damn forward for next time !

And you go Jimmy ! Ha, he handled the PC jerks like a boss !

There are two more episodes left, yes? Seems to be a lot of stuff to cram into those. Has Garrison had any kind of mention since the start of the third episode? And we need Cartman to step up. It's never a complete arc without him blowing stuff up.

Interesting how PC Principal can be thwarted by somebody who's actually disabled. I'm willing to bet the first few drafts of the story had Nathan taking on the role of spoiler, though he's also good at picking sides. Now . . . PC P being a sentient ad? That's . . . odd. I'd buy into him and Leslie trying to kill each other throughout the centuries.

ETA: Anybody else expecting PC Principal to be taken down by Caitlyn Jenner's appalling driving? "Buckle up, buckaroo! [THUD!]"

• Love 1

And we need Cartman to step up. It's never a complete arc without him blowing stuff up.

I for one wouldn't mind if he only had a small role at best. Cartman's good as the social alter ego, doing stuff we'd like to do but know we shouldn't. You're right, it does provide a conclusion when needed. But I think it's more satisfying when whatever they've built up collapses on itself. PC Principal falling under the weight of his own spiel, in this case.

• Love 2

Really good episode and I love the storyline they're building up for the end of the season.  It like this part of the year in South Park because we always get the fun and epic storylines.

Loved seeing Jimmy stand up to PC Principal and I thought that whole bit was hilarious.  The ad thing was an odd choice but I really started to get into it by the end.

Kudos for the guys inserting Syrian issues into the debate. 

I don't think we should use r******* either, but you're talking about a 1st grader, who is talking about lunch. What I like is that PC principal has zero sense for context and everything is a gigantic issue. That really is spot on.

The Jimmy/Leslie scene was from Blade Runner, right?

• Love 1

Yeah, Jimmy/Leslie was from Blade Runner and you could definitely see some shades of the more recent Ex Machina film here too.

Another thing I loved is even with the main characters pushed into the background, this show shines with its supporting and recurring characters.

• Love 1

Jimmy was fantastic in this episode. I knew he wouldn't back down in the face of PC Principal based on when the guys were TV newsmen.

Leslie AND PC Principal are ads? Mind blown in the best way.

I freaking love this season.

• Love 2

So I have just one question.  If they were going to single out ads, why pick two insurance companies to focus on?  That can't be an accident.

I can only think of one reason...State Farm /Geico -> Aflac -> Affleck -> Damon

I'm not even sure if I'm kidding.  Affleck's 'Finding Your Roots' controversy and #damonsplaining fit pretty well thematically.

• Love 1

Heh, rule 34.

When I was looking for good AwesomO images to make my Dragon*Con costume as close as possible a couple of years ago, I even accidentally found slash for that. (Specifically AwesomOCartman / Butters). The artistic rendering was very reminiscent of the slash art we saw in this episode actually.

Bad news: No new episode this week. Again. Good news: If you want to see old-school Thanksgiving-themed episodes, then Comedy Central is the place for you on Wednesday night. They sprinkled in "Red Man's Greed" and "Starvin' Marvin In Space," along with the Black Friday trilogy to end it.

• Love 1

While rewatching this season over the holiday weekend, I noticed that the PC brahs' fraternity shirts spell out to P (which is technically Rho, which is equivalent to "R" but the only Greek letter represented by a "P"), Omega (technically "N", but kinda looks like a sideways "C"), and Delta, the triangle, which is equivalent to "D". 

All that just to say, that I think the PC brahs are somehow pod people.  Do they even realize they're ads?

• Love 1

Yup, the lead news anchor (who I'm pretty sure was voiced by Bill Hader) was right: Jimmy was thinking with his dick, and it looks like Kyle is about to make the same mistake.

Loved Kyle and Stan turning against each other when Kyle referred to Stan as a Cartman,

Where is Barbrady's dog? They cannot just introduce that plotline and drop it!

I cannot wait to see how this all ends next week.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 1

That was a lot going on there. I wonder how they are going to wrap all of this up? I'm really looking forward to next week's episode.

And 12 year old me appreciated the totally inappropriate jokes that inevitably went along with one of the character groups' accidental trips of distraction. Similarly Cartman's dissing on himself was funny. "Why isn't anyone looking at me?" and then after Kyle caled Stan a Cartman - "Oh, that was low." Hee.

Oh, and that Mr. Garrison was always calling on Kaitlan to be the heavy - hee. I'm also enjoying Nathan as the minor villan, too. And poor Jimmy - let down by his dick.

• Love 3

Yup, the lead news anchor (who I'm pretty sure was voiced by Bill Hader) was right: Jimmy was thinking with his dick, and it looks like Kyle is about to make the same mistake.

Loved Kyle and Stan turning against each other when Kyle referred to Stan as a Cartman,

Where is Barbrady's dog? They cannot just introduce that plotline and drop it!

I cannot wait to see how this all ends next week.

Yep, the lead anchor was Bill Hader. I just love it whenever shows have news anchors speak in that same newscaster cadence.

Also loved how Stan's voice changed to Cartman's for that split second before he started fighting Kyle.

• Love 4

I don't know what's going on anymore? It's not a huge mess, but I dunno who to root for. Also, I think something happened to Kyle when he met Caitlyn, and that's why he's been "off." Whatever . . . I hate it when Stan and Kyle fight, though I do like the use of "Cartman" as an ultimate insult.

Leslie also took a page from Ex Machina, which this show cleverly spoofed.

Really good episode.  Not quite as epic as I had hoped but still, a really fun and busy storyline.  Glad to see the big four more actively involved in this one as they have been on the sidelines at times this season.  I LOL'd at just what the PC Bros were having a hunger strike about.  Garrison and Jenner make for a fun team.

• Love 2

I haven't seen "Ex Machina", so I wouldn't get that reference. It just reminded me of Pris going after Deckard at the end of "Blade Runner."

Also, as someone whose grandparents survived Auschwitz, I laughed way too hard at Auschwitz's SoDoSoPa district, NoMoAuchie. Amazing.

• Love 3

This season could have made a seriously good movie. There's a lot going on. Although I suppose the episode breaks build the suspense better. 

I'm a little disappointed in Jimmy not resisting Leslie, but I suppose she had to escape somehow. 

I don't know how everything is going to be wrapped up in 20 minutes though. They easily could go for an hour. I expect Victoria will be principal again, but I hope they don't fully hit the reset button. 

• Love 2

I haven't seen "Ex Machina", so I wouldn't get that reference. It just reminded me of Pris going after Deckard at the end of "Blade Runner."

Also, as someone whose grandparents survived Auschwitz, I laughed way too hard at Auschwitz's SoDoSoPa district, NoMoAuchie. Amazing.

I just saw it last night. There's not that much to get. The similarity is enough to almost certainly have been on purpose, but it's not like it adds much more in layers or jokes.  It works just as well as a Blade Runner reference.

And I missed that Auschwitz joke, that's hilarious!  I knew I have to rewatch that scene to catch all the names, since I missed a bunch just laughing at Chicago's midtown being "Chimichanga".

This season could have made a seriously good movie. There's a lot going on. 

I had the same thought. It's pretty long for a comedy movie and they'd have to cut about half the season out. Some of the stuff like Tweek x Craig is sufficiently stand-alone to be separated. But I fear we'd also have to lose the Kenny story. Which had a very sentimental ending for that episode but wouldn't have worked for the midpoint of a movie.

Still, excellent threading all through the season. Even traditionally serial shows often break up their story with unrelated stuff to pad out the season.

The description of the last episode won't be up until Sunday/Monday, but I need to ask: How will the finale shake out? I think it's a good thing that I'm on my toes, not knowing what to expect, but I also feel that things can end with a thud . . . like, say, one in every four Randy-based episodes. I also feel that the status quo won't be fully restored . . . I expect Garrison/Jenner to still run for office next year, but I can't see PC Principal staying on.

This was, again, intense. That ending was both anticlimatic but great and satisfying. Whole Foods just ups and leaves was hilarious. This isn't the end, Garrison & Jenner are going to be here mocking the election next year.

Ah ha, instead of Mimsy, we have Claaaassi.

Portraying the South Park Gun Show like the National Dog Show? Brilliant.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 1

That was insane. This sure sure has a lot of balls to mck gun violence/gun control laws in light of recent events. Though I did love the Marsh family Mexican standoff.

Mackey was the one that Principal Victoria fired? Didn't see that coming.

So they're actually keeping PC Principal on for next season?

• Love 1

The Gun Show was fantastic!  Along with Nathan getting his comeuppance.

So, the message is we need to calm down and talk?  That's nothing new.  But it's drowned out by events and the media.  And, as Stan says, it's really hard to be "understanding" when there's so many unreasonable people and things out there.

I love how Randy was saying "Shelly".  I also love that Stan's whole family got a more active role in this episode.

• Love 1

Is PC Principal Schwarzenegger's Terminator to Leslie's Robert Patrick's Terminator?

Because didn't they reveal a couple episodes ago that PC Principal was also an ad.  Insidious plot to make the town think its over when really the ads are getting sneakier.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 1

Also, it was quite fitting that Leslie died by fist instead of a gun. (The ONLY two characters who weren't holding guns at that)

But I have to take points off for PC Principal not finishing Leslie off by saying "shut your piehole."

Edited by Galileo908