Type keyword(s) to search

South Park - General Discussion

• Start Topic

32 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Oh, good, I'm glad their continuing this one. Somehow I bet Randy going Full Nuclear Karen solves the streaming problem. 

And then maybe he’ll get sidelined for a few months. Isn’t this the second time he’s gained supernatural powers this year?

Funny . . . last Sunday on Last Week Tonight With John Oliver, John went over the growing water shortages in the American West. That included the Colorado River, which made me think of the last "movie."

On 6/22/2022 at 10:22 AM, Tachi Rocinante said:

However, a sly reference to Paramount Plus (Pi Pi) doesn't absolve them from their hypocrisy . . .

Mr. Pi Pi (or however the name is spelled) was introduced ages ago. The fact that it could also stand for "Paramount+" is amusing. And at least Matt & Trey look like they've learned a lesson . . . Manbrearpig is real, and it will kill us all. Juts . . . .not in the brutal way we've been seeing.

I'm setting the over/under on other people touching Cartman's tig-ass bitties at 2.5.

• Love 1

I didn't think it would happen. We got a redemption story for Randy, as he realizes he had strayed way too far from his roots as a geologist. He wound up saving the day . . . but that involved smoking some stash Sharon had held and going Full Nuclear Karen. I think whatever changes Randy made for the better will be undone in the next "special."

I had fun watching, even with all the "my eyes are up here" from Cartman. Pi Pi got killed, Manberpig got back to his mate and child (yeah, he had a mate and child), and Matt & Trey went hard on celebrities that sold cryptocurrency.

Cartman apologizing to his mother at the end . . . yeah, that's probably not going to stick, either. It was fun watching him fuck around, especially when he and Butters did shitty surveillance on Token Tolkien.

• Useful 1

It used to be edgy & didn't care who it upset but after changing Token's name it was the beginning of the end for South Park. Expecting people to pay for Paramount plus for these episodes seems to be a way to keep hammering nails in its coffin as the viewing figures will just keep dwindling until it's gone for good.

• Love 1
On 7/14/2022 at 10:54 AM, Welshman in Ca said:

It used to be edgy & didn't care who it upset but after changing Token's name it was the beginning of the end for South Park. Expecting people to pay for Paramount plus for these episodes seems to be a way to keep hammering nails in its coffin as the viewing figures will just keep dwindling until it's gone for good.

dont forget its been renewed for multiple more seasons and movies and its on comedy central every day and all day on wednesday and hbo max just gave em $500 million...it isnt over just yet.

• Love 1

I'm going to be That Guy, technically, 'desalination' is the current term. Desalinization is out of date. I like the latter though because the z makes it cool. 

I loved all the 'celebrities' cameoing for the PiPi+ commercials. 

On 7/13/2022 at 8:42 PM, Lantern7 said:

I didn't think it would happen. We got a redemption story for Randy, as he realizes he had strayed way too far from his roots as a geologist.

I liked during the song it was like, 'hey remember Randy was a geologist?' and the showed older clips of geologist-Randy. I actually liked the weed farm plot from the start. I don't think Randy's 'character' was actually ruined. 

Mrs Manbear pig was kind of hot. 

• Love 1

I figured it out since I posted. It was the same thing with the water commissioner and Chinatown. I knew there was some reference there, but I had to think about it for a while. 

I can't imagine more than like 15 of us pick up on that. 

So . . . what will the first target be? Chinese spy balloon? The concept of the multiverse and possibly how played out it is? The endless wave of revivals and reboots on TV? Or will it be something obvious that I would never have guessed?

Probably the last one.

3 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

So . . . what will the first target be? Chinese spy balloon? The concept of the multiverse and possibly how played out it is? The endless wave of revivals and reboots on TV? Or will it be something obvious that I would never have guessed?

Probably the last one.

If it was me, I would do the Streaming Wars, where shows/mercenaries are hired with ridiculous amounts of money to fight a war, but end up getting killed or their contracts cancelled in mid fight, while the Military leaders are sitting in their ivory towers partying and making alliances with the leaders of the other countries they are at war with and looking at all the riches they hoarded.

• Like 1

Looking around . . . was any information released on the premiere?

ETA: It’s after 1 p.m., and there’s still no info. Also, I’m thinking either Matt & Trey go against AI art, or they produce a script using AI. It’d probably be the former.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Like 1

Well. Cartman’s cherub alter ego goes off his/its meds, spreading misinformation and hearts with swastikas in them.

Okay.

Kyle & Token’s Tolkien’s Tik Toks are less bizarre than that plot. Funny stuff, though.

And we're back!

"I'm gonna be a good Christian." I got a good laugh at how earnest Cartman was there. He's schizophrenic at this point, isn't he? Cupid Ye really didn't exist, Cartman really did break into Tolkien's house, but did he hotwire the car? He really did go Full Kanye, but even Cartman knew that spouting Nazi insanity was going too far.

A Cupid that spread antisemitism instead of love was one of the craziest things I've ever seen from this show, and that's saying something. And then Hollywood wants Kyle in charge. I love it.

"Avatar 2 sucked. Someone had to be brave enough to say it." 

5 minutes ago, Tachi Rocinante said:

How the hell would Cartman not get expelled for his Hitler shrine in the school?

It's South Park. Also, the implication is that C-Ye managed to become real enough where Cartman would be let off the hook. If such a split did happen, I think it was after Kyle and Tolkuen broke up.

It's still South Park. Reality doesn't apply.

Did anyone else think some of the voices sounded "off" during the premiere? I noticed it right off the bat with Stan - his voice sounded deeper - and even with Cartman at times. I guess it's to be expected for Stone/Parker's voices to change during 25 years, but I didn't notice it last season.

When did Token become "Tolkien?" Obviously I've missed some episodes somewhere along the line!

1 hour ago, Moxie Cat said:

When did Token become "Tolkien?" Obviously I've missed some episodes somewhere along the line!

It has always been Tolkien, but they made sure everybody knew it in this episode S25.E02: The Big Fix.

• LOL 2
15 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

It has always been Tolkien, but they made sure everybody knew it in this episode S25.E02: The Big Fix.

I like the way that they made it so that everyone who thought it was "Token" all along was a real POS lol.

This Wednesday:

“THE WORLDWIDE PRIVACY TOUR”: The prince of Canada and his wife try to find privacy and seclusion in a small mountain town.

Would she still have just the one arm after that wedding? Y’know, the wedding that was important to Canada and therefore the world?

• Useful 1
9 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

This Wednesday:

Would she still have just the one arm after that wedding? Y’know, the wedding that was important to Canada and therefore the world?

And does Kyle have any right to complain about anyone in Canada after his PC crusade got the country nuked? 

Yeah, I loved that they actually showed the corpse of the dead Canadian Queen. Truly a tragic day for Canada, and therefore the world.

I love the Canada episodes, and this one didn't disappoint. I loved everything The Prince and Not Meghan Markle about wanting privacy. And they moved into Cartman's old house, to boot! That was great. And he actually has a blue penis?!

I can't believe the show got away with "CumHammer." It led Butters to get beat up by Bebe of all people. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
On 2/15/2023 at 10:30 PM, Galileo908 said:

And he actually has a blue penis?!

Harold wrote in Waaaahh - I mean Spare - about his having frostbite on his junk during William and Kate's wedding (from a recent trip to the North Pole). 

Which is a *chef's kiss* revelation from someone who continually complains about the intrusive press not respecting his privacy.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

I can't believe the show got away with "CumHammer." 

Was that supposed to be making fun of something?

On 2/9/2023 at 3:49 PM, AnimeMania said:

On 2/10/2023 at 7:08 AM, rmontro said:

I like the way that they made it so that everyone who thought it was "Token" all along was a real POS lol.

That was a bullshit PC retcon, considering his "Token Black Productions" company and him clearly signing his name as "Token" in other episodes.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, Tachi Rocinante said:

That was a bullshit PC retcon, considering his "Token Black Productions" company and him clearly signing his name as "Token" in other episodes.

You're right.  But it was a good joke, nonetheless.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, rmontro said:

You're right.  But it was a good joke, nonetheless.

But let's not make out it was Tolkien all along when it clearly wasn't.

Personally I think they lost their edge before they changed his name from Token and would have rather they introduced a few more kids of differing backgrounds than what they actually did.

• Like 2

Meh. I'm wondering why Ike was left out of most of the episode. I would've thought he'd be the one person that would back Kyle up, especially since Gerald and Shelia went to a cornfield this week. But nah, lets show Kyle that being a person is worth more than being a brand, and that the later makes you look like an asshole . . . or have your face fucked up by Bebe. Butters did look okay in that final scene, though.

Honestly, aren't the ex-Royals old news these days? It's like the guys have a backlog of story ideas, and squeezing those two through was a priority. "Cupid Ye" was a little more "current" . . . or maybe I'm being too hard.

On 2/15/2023 at 6:02 AM, Spartan Girl said:

No, I haven’t been watching. I just saw the preview.

Ah. And if you're like me, you get posts if you search Content where you've posted.

And he actually has a blue penis?!

Okay, see, I thought it was "balloon penis." "Blue penis" makes more sense. And I just typed something that shouldn't have made sense. This show, man. This show.

It's Presidents' Day weekend, but I know enough that we won't get news on the next episode until tomorrow afternoon, minimum.

Oh, and what video game were the boys playing? Something "Type"?

On 2/20/2023 at 5:25 PM, DoctorAtomic said:

The show is available on the next day on HBO Max. I watch there. 

Thank you, I spent the first week of the return trying to find it on whichever app comedy central shows up on, didn't even cross my mind it would be on HBO Max.

On 2/20/2023 at 12:27 AM, Lantern7 said:

Honestly, aren't the ex-Royals old news these days? It's like the guys have a backlog of story ideas, and squeezing those two through was a priority. "Cupid Ye" was a little more "current" . . . or maybe I'm being too hard.

Those two will never be old news. They go out of their way to make sure they're not old news. 

Perhaps Matt or Trey has had the misfortune of getting entwined with a narcissist at one point in their lives. Narcissists are life-ruining assholes, and you tend to develop an instant revulsion towards anyone who does all the things they do. 

From the Mayo Clinic:

Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental health condition in which people have an unreasonably high sense of their own importance. They need and seek too much attention and want people to admire them. People with this disorder may lack the ability to understand or care about the feelings of others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence, they are not sure of their self-worth and are easily upset by the slightest criticism.

^^^ This ^^^ is what the episode is about. I mean, each sentence of this Mayo Clinic definition is literally acted out in the episode. 

The fictional prince and his fictional Instagram-loving bitch wife in this episode are raging narcissists. 

However I'm sure that in real life, Harry and Meghan are lovely, misunderstood people. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3

I don't follow the royals, but I was tangentially aware of them 'leaving the family' or whatever. I still laughed a lot and enjoyed the episode. 

You don't need the royals per se, as these characters in the episode could be stand ins for any narcissist, attention getters, influencers, what have you. Internet fame is always a timely topic. 

I thought it was funny that they chose to animate them as the Canadian caricatures and voices. 

• Like 2
On 2/24/2023 at 1:34 PM, DoctorAtomic said:

I thought it was funny that they chose to animate them as the Canadian caricatures and voices.

The way they use Canada as “foreign country” across the years has always been great. 

Letterman used to do similar things in the top ten lists like “Top ten big stories buried on the back pages of the newspaper” …. 4. Canada massing troops on the Alaska border 

Of course Randy plays Hogwarts Legacy.

Of course Randy would gloat to everyone in town about the fancy Japanese toilet. But remember, South Park famously hates rich people.

I KNEW that with all the talk about the Kennedys, that Randy would get shot like JFK. And getting shot was what got him to instantly drop his plot of the week for once. So much for Tegridy.

• Like 2