Type keyword(s) to search

South Park - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Loved the Halloween intro. Randy wearing the Chinese President mask was the best. Of course the "Halloween Special" was a batch of weed.

Butters' plot reminded me of the Love Mummy episode of ATHF. You appreciate mummy gifts, Butters or else you get cursed. That's the rules. I liked seeing Fred Gwynne from Pet Sematary again. The mummy turning out to be gaslighting tsundere was the best. I was not expecting a co-dependent mummy in a story about weed. And Winnie the Pooh and the dead cows coming back to haunt Randy and Towelie were amazing, even when it was revealed that it was all a bad trip.

"I DON'T WANT TO SEE SOME F-CKING SOMBREROS!" My sides were hurting at that. PC Principal was only against seeing people dressed as Moana. Pocahantas and Mulan were okay?

• Love 2

Hahaha Zombie Pooh and the cows coming back to haunt Randy was exactly what I was hoping for. 

Poor Butters getting shit on once again. But at least he had company with Shelly. 

Randy really has become a piece of shit this season. Hope he gets his comeuppance when Tegridy Farms is "cancelled".

• Love 3

Man, you think of Shelly and figure she's just a hateful bitch based on stuff ages ago. But now? You have to admire her not trying to murder people. I mean, she did burn down that Blockbuster seven seasons ago, but she didn't make sure her dad was locked in there.

And Butters takes it up the ass yet again. I mean metaphorically, but it's still painful. He's such a sweetheart, yet everyone shat on him thank to that mummy.

And damn, I reckon this is another great Halloween special . . . but I can't remember any clunkers from that pile. Randy and Towelie see their product destroyed, magically resurrected, and then they get good and gooned, seeing themselves getting attacked by everyone they wronged this season. And also Harvey Weinstein, because why the fuck not?!? Lucky for Randy that a "fat bitchy angel" saved him. Seriously . . . Shelly deserves better. Her dad doesn't give a shit about her, AND he indirectly killed her first real boyfriend.

Sharon taking Stan trick-or-treating? Nice. Real nice. Then again, people being assholes did advance the plot.

39 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

Butters' plot reminded me of the Love Mummy episode of ATHF. You appreciate mummy gifts, Butters or else you get cursed. That's the rules.

Wow, you too? "CUUUURRRRRSSSSSSEEE!!!!!!!" At least no one got turned into a half-snake like Carl, right?

40 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Randy really has become a piece of shit this season. Hope he gets his comeuppance when Tegridy Farms is "cancelled".

Given this show's history, you might be disappointed. Not to open a wound, but Gerald never did get comeuppance for three seasons ago, and you were all in for that.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Given this show's history, you might be disappointed. Not to open a wound, but Gerald never did get comeuppance for three seasons ago, and you were all in for that.

Yes, I'm well aware.  But I'm pretty sure it's safe to bet that Tegridy Farms won't last this season, unless they want to milk one more year out of it.  And unlike Gerald, Randy hasn't bothered to cover his horrible actions.  He's managed to alienate everyone one way or another (the China thing, killing the cows, etc). 

3 hours ago, Amarsir said:

I didn't care for the Tegridy storyline. Too much Randy (which seems to be a thing these past two seasons). 

I've always liked Randy, but they've been running him into the ground lately.  

• Love 3
On 10/30/2019 at 8:30 PM, Galileo908 said:

"I DON'T WANT TO SEE SOME F-CKING SOMBREROS!" My sides were hurting at that. PC Principal was only against seeing people dressed as Moana. Pocahantas and Mulan were okay?

No, he definitely said 'no fucking native americans either'.

I was hoping that Randy wasn't hallucinating but that was some wild trips. I also like how he says 'Shelly'.

I really like the entirety of the weed farm plot.

• Love 1

Yep, Randy’s goose is gonna be cooked. Well, probably not. Like how the boys got a throwing star in Butters’s eye, and everyone was too focused on Cartman sneaking around naked. Here’s the synopsis for “Season Finale”:

NEW YORK, The citizens of South Park have had enough of Randy and Tegridy Farms and they just want to lock him up in the all-new episode, “Season Finale,” airing on Wednesday, November 6 at 10:00p ET/PT on Comedy Central.

The Mayor has evidence that Randy blew up his neighbor’s yards in protest over homegrown weed and then blamed it on a Mexican Joker. Now the citizens of South Park have had enough of Randy and Tegridy Farms and they just want to lock him up.

It would help to say this isn’t the season finale. It’s probably the end of the Tegridy Farms story arc and opening credits. BTW, does anyone else get down to Randy’s theme song remix?

Episode 6:

"Season Finale"

The Mayor has evidence that Randy blew up his neighbor’s yards in protest over homegrown weed and then blamed it on a Mexican Joker. Now the citizens of South Park have had enough of Randy and Tegridy Farms and they just want to lock him up.

Airs November 6, 2019.

I figured Mexican Joker would bite Randy in the ass eventually. So of course Sharon would celebrate the moment Randy got tossed in jail. And then Mexican Joker actually showed up. That was great.

Oh my god they killed Jason White! You bastards. That was a weird way to bring back "The Whites" and President Garrison. But man, I liked all of this. It was a great way to satirize alt-white victim complexes, and how only the President seems to get away with it.

"I'm never as bad as the President, so that makes me feel okay."

The Whites adopting Alejandro...and then they had Alejandro adopt a kid, too. Like dogs. That was just messed up.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 3

Dang I thought we'd get through the season without Garrison. But I guess they couldn't resist. Giuliani is too good a target to pass up, and so is impeachment.

Of course the Marshes would be thrilled that Randy is in jail. But he got off scott-free. Again.

The Whites are back, and they're still the absolute worst. I was hoping Alejandro would turn out to be Mexican Joker and kill them. Instead he got framed for Randy's shit. No, I'm not going to feel sorry for them just because their kid got killed, so what?

So we are still getting four more South Park episodes right? Because this isn't the real season finale right?

• Love 1

That was fun. Just the right amount of offensiveness and callbacks. And Rudy Giuliani got clowned, and that was fun. As a New Yorker, I hope you can join me in saying, "Hey, fuck that guy!"

I'm amazed the Whites can walk around without their heavy hands dragging them to the ground. Still, they were a bit right about the sympathy going to Sharon and her possible emancipation from Randy and his drama. Why didn't the Whites (capital "W") get a damn lasagna? But then they went and replaced their dead son with a kid they picked up from ICE, which is pretty much par for the course for this show. Detention center as an animal shelter? Hey, it's not THAT far from reality.

Garrison comes back. I guess it was inevitable after he took last season off. At least we got Giuliani's creepy ass. I think Matt & Trey deserve a few points for not going for the "Rudy is a vampire" gag. And he was awful enough to make Randy want to repent. Well, at least before poor Alejandro got sunscreen on his face and subsequently went nanners. You think he'll be skulking around for the rest of the season? Of course Randy didn't get what was coming to him. This is South Park. Does anyone get comeuppance? It's part of the town's charm at this point. Cartman didn't even get smacked for getting Jason to go into the street.

I'm guessing we're going back to the regular credits. Is it weird that I dance while sitting down as I listen to Randy's Tegridy-tinged remix?

• Love 3
On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 12:19 PM, Lantern7 said:

Because he’s a dramatic asshole.

Shay-lee is right up there with Staaaaaaaaaaaaaaan for me. Good to see Shelly back in the limelight. I love how she says turds.

I must've missed something in the news about Giuliani and his fingers thing. Does he really do something like that?

• Love 3

No press release yet, but we have an episode title ("Board Girls"), a clip . . .

. . . and an image of Vice Principal Strongwoman lifting weights in what looks like a competitive environment. So I'm guessing we'll be getting a mix of . . .  Dungeons & Dragons and CrossFit. Should be interesting.

75294223_10156779585042005_3381200080219

ETA: There's a link on the official site, but I keep getting sent to a 404 error page.

ETA2: Press release is up. Looks interesting. 🤔

NEW YORK, November 11, 2019 – The Annual Strong Woman Competition pushes everyone to their limits in the all-new episodes titled, “Board Girls” airing on Wednesday, November 13 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

In the season opener, an even stronger woman causes big problems for PC Principal. Cartman, Stan, and the rest of the boys meet their match when some of the girls join their board gamers club.

Edited by Lantern7

Episode 7:

"Board Girls"

In the season opener, an even stronger woman causes big problems for PC Principal. Cartman, Stan, and the rest of the boys meet their match when some of the girls join their board gamers club.

Airs November 13, 2019.

Looks like it's the PC Babies turn to take over the intro. So they cry at Mulan but like Anderson Cooper. Go figure.

"You can't just shut down because of how the babies will react." True that. That was a really sweet ending. They're finally growing up.

I knew with the Mulan bit that Strong Woman would have to compete against a trans woman, but that woman turning out to be Macho Man (and Strong Woman's ex) was hilarious. Of course Cartman would love her.

PC Principal screaming at Butters needs to be a common occurrence now.

I like that Cartman of all people was the DM for the DND Club. And he's mad that (gasp) girls wanted to join?! Loved that he testified to (an all male) congress. I'm not surprised that Stan got super into board games, it's probably boring as hell on the farm.

• Love 2

"Okay, so this week on South Park, we're presented with the issue of gender identity." "Cool . . . but this is Matt and Trey we're talking about. What's the catch?" "Vice Principal Strong Woman get beaten in an athletic competition by a transgender person who identified with being femlae two weeks ago." "Yikes. And this person looks like . . . ?" "The late 'Macho Man' Randy Savage."

"Delightful."

For a possible one-shot character, "Heather" was used awesomely, in the sense that she took aim at an area where PC Principal Pete Charles (go figure, he has a name) couldn't help but look awful anytime he protested. And this was all to spite Strong Woman. But then she gets schooled by the gamer girls of South Park Elementary, and she runs off like a bit- . . . coward. Runs off like a coward.

With Cartman also stalking off, I'm hoping Stan and the other boy can take control of the "Dice Studz" and merge with the "Board Girls." Cartman leaving would leave a leadership void. And Butters and Scott could be sacrificed to make it happen. Who cares about them?

I don't play tabletop games. How accurate was this episode?

I'm guessing we'll be getting new credits with each remaining episode. I like how PCP has the same casual lean Randy was doing at the end of the Tegridy Farms credits.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 2

I liked it. Certainly a nice change from so much Randy.

I do feel like having the PC Babies appreciate nuance at the end was a bit of a copout. But since I'm not sure where I would have wanted the story to go instead, I guess it's fine. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Amarsir said:

I do feel like having the PC Babies appreciate nuance at the end was a bit of a copout. 

So did I.  I thought it was a little out of character for the PC Babies to appreciate the nuance.  The whole joke with them (and their parents) is that they're so over the top and take the extreme viewpoint.  It just seemed like a convenient way to end the show.

I like the PC Babies, but I admit I groaned a bit when they were the opening intro.  But it turned out this was probably my favorite episode of the season.  Loved the Randy "Macho Man" Savage-inspired Ms. Swanson.  I got several genuine laughs out of it.

Liked the board game stuff too, but why is Cartman so anti-girl now?  What happened to "Girls are funny, get over it"?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, rmontro said:

Liked the board game stuff too, but why is Cartman so anti-girl now?  What happened to "Girls are funny, get over it"?

As I recall, that arc started with us not sure if he was serious or sarcastic. Then he got a girlfriend and became serious. Then he started scheming to hide his past and the whole thing became a facade. Then in the next season he's just abusive, manipulative, and his old self.

My take at the time was that Matt & Trey started without knowing where they were going and ended up wanting us to accept that he'd just been lying. Which doesn't really track but I guess it makes more sense than believing he respected girls in the first place.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Amarsir said:

My take at the time was that Matt & Trey started without knowing where they were going and ended up wanting us to accept that he'd just been lying. Which doesn't really track but I guess it makes more sense than believing he respected girls in the first place.

It's always confusing when Cartman has his compassionate or empathic moments.  He does have them from time to time though.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, rmontro said:

So did I.  I thought it was a little out of character for the PC Babies to appreciate the nuance.  The whole joke with them (and their parents) is that they're so over the top and take the extreme viewpoint.  It just seemed like a convenient way to end the show.

I like the PC Babies, but I admit I groaned a bit when they were the opening intro.  But it turned out this was probably my favorite episode of the season.  Loved the Randy "Macho Man" Savage-inspired Ms. Swanson.  I got several genuine laughs out of it.

I'm not so sure it was the PC Babies having nuance...I think they just saw that Macho Man/Heather/Blade was not an actual trans person, just a poser that was trying to cheat his way through the system so he could beat female athletes. Cartman did the same thing years ago, posing as trans to get his own school bathroom. 

• Love 2

AV Club review of the episode. It does raise a question: would this episode be considered bad enough to warrant organized protests?

In my opinion? No, it doesn't. But I'm not in the group that would take offense. I figure the concept for this story has been on the shelf for a few years. Basically: "What if someone took advantage of PCP/SW's politically correct views, putting them in a no-win situation?" I don't think "Heather" is supposed to represent the trans community in any way. "Heather" is just an asshole that likes to smack women around (did you see the lady that got the bronze on the podium?), and "Heather" isn't remotely based on any real life transgender athlete.

The reviewer does bring up how bad it would be for "Heather" to pop up again this season. I don't think that would work, even if "Heather" is immediately killed via vehicular manslaughter by way of Caitlyn Jenner. I just figure that would be the most obvious route.

Oh, and Mulan wasn't identifying as male. She merely disguised herself to prevent her aged father from getting killed in a war. I feel that was unrelated to transgender discussion. The PCB's liking Anderson Cooper? They got great taste.

Once again: all of this is my opinion. I stand by it, but I acknowledge that my viewpoint might be narrow. But hey, at least we're free of Randy!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Oh, and Mulan wasn't identifying as male. She merely disguised herself to prevent her aged father from getting killed in a war. I feel that was unrelated to transgender discussion.

Thank you, that's exactly what I think.  

I kind of feel like the AV Club missed the point on this one.  

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I'm not so sure it was the PC Babies having nuance...I think they just saw that Macho Man/Heather/Blade was not an actual trans person, just a poser that was trying to cheat his way through the system so he could beat female athletes.

Transphobe!

🙂

5 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

"Heather" isn't remotely based on any real life transgender athlete.

My impression was that the story was inspired by Mack Beggs, a transgender high school wrestler from Texas who has won championships in the girls division.  Mack was born a girl, but identifies as a male and has been taking steroid and testosterone injections.  He said he would rather wrestle boys, but by law is not allowed to.  I know that's not the same situation as Heather, but I still think that's the inspiration for the story.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Oh, and Mulan wasn't identifying as male. She merely disguised herself to prevent her aged father from getting killed in a war. I feel that was unrelated to transgender discussion.

I'm gonna disagree. Mulan posed as a male for a selfless reason, "Heather Swanson" posed as a female for entirely selfish reasons.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

AV Club review of the episode. It does raise a question: would this episode be considered bad enough to warrant organized protests?

South Park offends everyone.  Why stop now?  It would actually be discriminatory of them NOT to be offensive toward a certain group.  

Interesting that this was my favorite episode of the season, and the author said it was her least favorite. 

Admittedly, part of the reason I liked it is because Randy Savage was my favorite wrestler and I thought it was hilarious.  And also because I'm interested in the type of games that were featured, even though I'm not really an active gamer.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, rmontro said:

Transphobe!

🙂

My impression was that the story was inspired by Mack Beggs, a transgender high school wrestler from Texas who has won championships in the girls division.  Mack was born a girl, but identifies as a male and has been taking steroid and testosterone injections.  He said he would rather wrestle boys, but by law is not allowed to.  I know that's not the same situation as Heather, but I still think that's the inspiration for the story.

It looks more to me as would Fallon Fox be the Coolprint,but there are more than enough Man to Woman Transathlets out now who would fit as Inspiration.

On 11/14/2019 at 4:28 AM, Amarsir said:

As I recall, that arc started with us not sure if he was serious or sarcastic. Then he got a girlfriend and became serious. Then he started scheming to hide his past and the whole thing became a facade. Then in the next season he's just abusive, manipulative, and his old self.

I think they knew where they were going with it. Cartman saw women "taking over", was afraid of what that would mean for him, and tried to brand himself as an ally so he'd be on the 'winning' side. So he was genuine in that he really was trying to say and do the right things and wasn't trying to be sarcastic, but his deeper motive was always pure Cartman self interest rather than any sort of genuine belief in equality or empathy for women or understanding of the issues. Which is why his support was incredibly shallow platitudes and just repeatedly telling everyone that women are funny and smart.

They were always using Cartman as a satire or parody of people/companies who brand themselves as feminist because it's trendy and because they think they'll get something out of it, but don't even bother to put in real effort and just spout empty slogans and blind praise and attacks on people who aren't 'woke'.

• Love 3
On 11/13/2019 at 11:08 PM, Lantern7 said:

"Cool . . . but this is Matt and Trey we're talking about. What's the catch?"

I thought the catch was you can be inclusive to trans people but just because they're being assholes doesn't mean you can't call them on their bs. 

The song was awesome. 

• Love 1

New episode this Wednesday:

NEW YORK, November 24, 2019 – Kyle and Ike are desperate to keep a lid on their mom’s medical condition in the newest episode of South Park titled, “Turd Burglars”” airing on Wednesday, November 27 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

Kyle’s mom looks so good after her fecal transplant that everyone wants to get their hands on her goods. Cartman and the boys jump into the quest for the best microbiome.

Okay, then. Maybe this is best to DVR and watch after Thanksgiving dinner? 🤷‍♂️

• LOL 2

Episode 8:

"Turd Burglars"

Kyle’s mom looks so good after her fecal transplant that everyone wants to get their hands on her goods. Cartman and the boys jump into the quest for the best microbiome.

Airs November 27, 2019.