Type keyword(s) to search

South Park - General Discussion

• Start Topic

That was fun. First Halloween-themed episode to air on October 31, and it was pretty good. And the school didn't get shot up! Well, that we could see. Maybe there was a ceasefire for Halloween.

Also nice to see Mr. Mackey and Kenny in the spotlight, and for Kenny to get a happy ending. Who else thought he would get killed when the cell tower fell.But he didn't, and he got to trick-or-treat with the friends who basically left him to rot.

Hey, Tegridy Farms is still up and running! I wonder if Towelie is passed out in a corner somewhere. Great scene to see throngs come over when everywhere else got picked clean. Another surprise: Ned! Where has he been?!? We haven't heard from him in ages.

7 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

Interesting that there were so many kids dressed as Fortnite characters.

Like back in "A Nightmare on Facetime," when every third person was dressed as Psy. I don't have a gaming system, so Fortnite is lost on me. I went to a small comic show, and there were consoles playing that . . . but kids were in the seats the entire time. I think they were the same kids both days.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Who else thought he would get killed when the cell tower fell.

Yup, I totally thought that. Nice that they didn't though, and I'm totally game with Mackey getting a bigger role.

• Love 2

"One day everything was fine and then these fucking scooters started showing up everywhere."

I'm with Mackey. This was so accurate. BIRD scooters started showing up in our town and they are annoying. I actually bumped someone on one while turning at a light and he just got back up and started riding away before I could ask if he was alright.

• Love 2

Not as funny as I had hoped but this episode was a great deal of fun and I very much enjoyed it.  It was great too that it aired on Halloween.  The animation was spectacular.

I'm glad we got a story that focused again on the boys, especially Kenny.  I never get tired of Cartman making fun of Kenny.

"Shouldn't have been poor, Kenny."

• Love 3

It’s not Stan or Kyle who are the heroes of South Park; it is Kenny (between Mysterion and the golden PSP and here, saving one last Halloween).  His righteousness is very endearing.

Cute, enjoyable, funny episode, can’t ask for much more than that.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Peace 47 said:

It’s not Stan or Kyle who are the heroes of South Park; it is Kenny (between Mysterion and the golden PSP and here, saving one last Halloween).  His righteousness is very endearing.

I dunno. Stan would be a hero for being perhaps the only constantly sane person in a poor mountain town. And then his dad became an idiot. Kyle? Probably just as sane, and he has to be close to a child who is either an anti-Semite or an evil ball-buster. Meh, maybe they’re the heroes with Kenny, with Cartman being thei foil.

• Love 1
On November 1, 2018 at 1:15 PM, Lantern7 said:

I dunno. Stan would be a hero for being perhaps the only constantly sane person in a poor mountain town. And then his dad became an idiot. Kyle? Probably just as sane, and he has to be close to a child who is either an anti-Semite or an evil ball-buster. Meh, maybe they’re the heroes with Kenny, with Cartman being thei foil.

True, but Kyle's hero status is kind of in question lately.  He's all about morals if Cartman is involved, but if the perp is someone he cares about (like his dad and Mr. Hankey) then he'll cover for them.  Not to mention his crusade for social justice got Canada blown up.  Just sayin'.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 2

I found it! 

I love that it was Mackey losing it over the e-scooters. I don't have any where I live, but I've read a bunch about how annoying they are. 

Do people say 'tricks or treats'? I always say 'trick or treating'. 

I didn't know kids competing for candy was a thing either. 

I liked that Randy's farm and the billboard cancelling the pageant are still there. 

Edited by ganesh

When dead citizens start popping up all over town, the boys realize they need Al Gore’s help. The boys are willing to do almost anything to save the town, and themselves, but it may be just too late.

Airs November 7, 2018.

21 minutes ago, lynxfx said:

I love that you can turn on closed captioning and see all of Kenny's dialog of which there was a lot in this one. 

I actually understood him most of the time. I don't know if Matt & Trey decided to make it easier, or if I've finally unconsciously learned to listen to him.

• Love 1
On 11/4/2018 at 6:57 PM, ganesh said:

Do people say 'tricks or treats'? I always say 'trick or treating'. 

'trick or treating' is what you do, but we would just say "trick or treat" at the door.

16 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

I actually understood him most of the time. I don't know if Matt & Trey decided to make it easier, or if I've finally unconsciously learned to listen to him.

I can usually understand the short responses from Kenny but when he has a full conversation I lose it. 

• Love 1

Oh damn, ManBearPig being real all along was a hell of a shock. And it killed Ned! I knew having him showing up last week was no fluke. Wait, Stan's Grandpa is responsible?! And is ManBearPig tied to the scooters? I'm honestly excited to see what goes on from here.

Al Gore was fun. For some reason, I got a giant laugh out of Olive Garden giving out Burger King-like crowns, as well as summoning Satan JUST for a PSA to go to the library. Satan wearing reading glasses and Al Gore always wearing bowling shoes was great.

Man, Yates being so DONE with school shootings and accusing Kenny and Cartman as suspects was really depressing, but real. I loved "a school shooting in an ice cream shop" and the like.

You know, I've got this strong urge to play Red Dead Redemption 2, and I don't know why. You NEVER play someone else's save state, man.

• Love 4

Damn, I thought the deal maker would be Garrison. Wasn't expecting Stan's grandpa. 

RIP Ned.

Not gonna lie, I think Al Gore deserves to keep saying "I told you so." He was surprisingly badass. Also loved Manbearpig taking out that condescending douchebag at Red Lobster.

So the cops are morons and no one ever listens to kids. Same ol', same ol'.

Guess this is our first two-parter (or more) of the season.

• Love 4

Looks like Matt & Trey are going to go serial for the rest of the season. Super serial. God damn it . . .

Seriously, though, why pick on Al Gore? I mean, having climate change represented as half-man/half-bear/half-pig is a unique angle. But Al . . . he's not an asshole. At least not in today's big picture. Is it because he cameoed in The Simpsons and Futurama?

Solid episode, though. I kept asking whatever happened to Ned, and now he's dead. And then Satan comes back, and I think we last saw him in "Where My Country Gone?" in 2015. And I thought Garrison was the one that traded the town's safety for the presidency . . . but it might be Grandpa Marsh?!? Nice swerve. Oh, and got the return of Stan facepalming. Always a treat.

Oh, and Mrs. Yates returns! And she played her husband's Red Dead Redemption save! I'm guessing that's a faux pas. Funny to see Yates bitch about school shootings outside of the school. Of course he'd be singled-minded in getting Kenny and Cartman even though the former is a nice kid, while the latter is more of an opportunist that would never get his hands bloody. Shit, he didn't even kill Scott Tenorman's parents! He ground them up into chili, but that's something else.

Spoiler

Yes, I know, Mr. Tenorman was Cartman's dad. Great bit of irony spoiled by Comedy Central wussing out in repeating "201."

• Love 3

I completely lost it when they summoned Satan and spent the rest of the episode laughing my ass off, that was hilarious and amazing !

The whole episode was awesome (A school shooting in an ice cream shop ?).  Really loved the plot lines and the points made, but damn, those last minutes with Satan, I was dead laughing !

Damn, didnt expect all those returns, looking forward to next week ! 

• Love 2

This was old-school South Park and I mean that in the best possible way.  Ned (whom I guess is dead), Satan and Stan's grandfather (I know he had a pretty big episode a season or two ago but still)...this season has been definitely about whipping out the old hits and its' really worked.  Very fun episode and I'm glad to see this will be continued next week.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Seriously, though, why pick on Al Gore? I mean, having climate change represented as half-man/half-bear/half-pig is a unique angle. But Al . . . he's not an asshole. At least not in today's big picture.

I thought it was them showing he was right all along about ManBearPig (climate change) from his appearance in the 2006 episode?

South Park Issues a Rare Mea Culpa for One of Its Oldest Mistakes

• Love 3

Bad news . . . right now (past 1 a.m. on the East Coast), we have an episode title ("Nobody Got Cereal?"), but the link to the press release isn't up. Just a pic of the boys behind bars, with Kenny on what appears to be the only cot.

Do you guys think Grandpa Marsh really is involved in the coming of MBP? Or was the final scene misdirection?

ETA: Found a clip. Randy has the RDR2 monkey on his back as well.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Is it wrong I hope Yates gets eaten by Manbearpig? I'd rather have Officer Barbrady back.

I'm good with Yates. As South Park grew as an environment, it needed an actual police force, as opposed to one bumbling illiterate dummy. So we got Yates . . . the guy who's overworked, overstressed, his highers-up are on his ass, and the one person that can center him is his Irish wife. I'd like if Barbrady were put in for keeps, but I'm good with the current setup.

Prediction: Yates comes home to find Manbearpig playing his game of Red Dead Redemption 2. Too obvious?

Oh, and we're getting ten episodes this year, right? If Matt & Trey come back next year, they would reach the 300th episode plateau within three weeks. I will say "200" and "201" would be really hard to top.

• Love 1

And now we have gameplay footage of Red Dead Redemption 2. Of course Randy (not to mention EVERYONE ELSE) is playing it and not worrying about ManBearPig. Giving up Soy Sauce and Red Dead Redemption 2 would've gotten rid of him, so of course no one wanted that and everyone chose to continue to ignore him. So if this show is still on in five years, we might see ManBearPig again. Loved that he wore a suit. 

Al Gore was still great, I loved that he still wore bowling shoes. Also loved Al Gore's mentor: Al Gore's Ghost, and that said ghost had a credit reel.

After all these years, I was not expecting Stan's grandpa to graphically describe the night he sired Randy. And SATAN of all people not only helping humans, but dying for it. Getting sent (back) to heaven was just perfect.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 3

These 2 episodes were so funny (and also genuinely sad).  The show was firing on all cylinders:  the throwaway line about signing away the lives of children in third world countries; Satan continuing his helpful streak (like how he last helped Stan with the concept of freemium gaming addiction) and going to heaven (I guess he was Mormon); the kids getting mad at Al Gore but Gore continually proving himself right despite how annoying he was; just the right amount of Randy ... really great 2-parter.

• Love 5

That was excellent. Epic storyline for South Park, cutting social satire, and a number of really funny lines. They can let this sit or come back to it as they see fit, and there will probably be some fun to be had in the future with Satan being in heaven.

• Love 3

That was fun. A bit depressing that approaching climate change is not unlike believing Manbearpig, but still funny. Bonus: we get to hear Grandpa describe -- IN GRAPHIC DETAIL -- how Randy was conceived. Basically, Randy's existence was made possible by a finger up Grandpa's butt. You know, I think that tracks.

Satan's dead . . . but come on, does stuff like that stick on this show? Hasn't Jesus died at least twice? Satan going to Heaven was a nice twist, though.

And damn, the Satan/MBP fight was intense. And props to Matt & Trey for making MBP that grisly-looking. I know, that was similar to his look in the Inaginationland trilogy, but I think it was improved.

Is RDR2 really that good? So much for my prediction Yates would come home to find MBG playing his game. And, of course, the people at South Park didn't want to give the game up. Or soy sauce. That also tracks.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Is RDR2 really that good? 

In terms of quality it seems pretty decent but they need to patch some bugs. In terms of popularity South Park was certainly exaggerating. It's selling very well, but I doubt it will exceed Skyrim. (Which is well known amongst gamers but hardly a "every single person has played it" game.)

Edited by Amarsir

An epic storyline and old school South Park to be sure but I don't think it was as good as the last episode.  Thought the end was funny though with Stan's grandfather hassling him for all the exceptions he was making.  Great animation on the Satan/ManBearPig fight.

I've realized this:

Satan is red.
Satan died.
Satan ascended to heaven after dying to help the human. So you can say he had redemption.

The same can be said about Yates:

He's a readhead.
His "life" is dead.
He started to believe in ManBearPig and exonerated the kids, so that redeemed him.

So there were two Red Dead Redemptions. Son of a bitch, that's clever.

• Love 6
On 15.11.2018 at 4:30 AM, Galileo908 said:

After all these years, I was not expecting Stan's grandpa to graphically describe the night he sired Randy.

That was by far my favourite part of the episode. That Randy was just supposed to be some dried up cum on Stan's grandmas tits, but she stuck her finger up grandpas ass. Classic.

And SATAN of all people not only helping humans, but dying for it. Getting sent (back) to heaven was just perfect.

Satan has always been a great helpfull guy, if sometimes too obediant in his relationships. Sadam Hussein was not a great influence on him. But even then Satans real motivation was just to get to our world to see Babies and flowers and stuff. He's a big softie.

Anyway, Satan is really my favourite character on this show. I hope we'll get to see him again, soon. I mean he won't be able to stand heaven for long, with all the Mormons bothering him.

On 15.11.2018 at 5:12 AM, Galileo908 said:

Heaven decided to let everyone in during the golden PSP episode.

But "Dead Celebrities" was seasons afterwards and they all went to hell.

On 15.11.2018 at 5:16 AM, Lantern7 said:

Satan's dead . . . but come on, does stuff like that stick on this show? Hasn't Jesus died at least twice? Satan going to Heaven was a nice twist, though.

Well, Jesus has a track record of resurrecting. I don't think Satan has. But god could certainly resurrect him. Those two are old friends afterall.

Edited by Miles
  • Love 3

So much for my theory. ?

Back to the topic: there are three episodes left, right? I’m wondering when the guys would take a week off. It’ll be four weeks since their first one next week. Also: will any of the previous episodes’ threads be resolved by the finale? Last season was okay by me, in the sense that there wasn’t a full-on seralized arc. Garrison was an asshole, Kyle got thousands of Canadians killed, Cartman was the absolute worst boyfriend.

No new episode this week.?‍♂️

ETA: I posted with the iPad, ending it with the “guy shrugging” emoticon. Apparently, that shows up as “A, space, male symbol.”

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 1

I've missed that whining Cartman voice like nothing else, it was something I hadn't heard in years. I loved this episode.

Nothing like a "Cartman justifies being an asshole" plot to get the show back on track. I loved everything about the Buddha Box. I loved every shot of him wearing the box. But man, that's a hell of a mood. Yeah, you feel even MORE vulnerable when the box gets pulled off. "I want to be enlightened like the Buddha, but I have these f*cking kids!"

The PC Babies finally have names, and of course they're all gender neutral. And oh my god, I was NOT expecting their adventures to be backed by a spoof of the Muppet Babies intro. And especially NOT expecting them to start a band.

That ending was great. With everyone distracted, PC Principal and Strong Woman can finally have a family in peace.

"Namaste. It means fuck you, I have anxiety." 

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 8

Once again Kyle has made everything worse.

Well, Cartman was right about one thing: everyone does suck right now. Especially the PC babies. But their Muppet Babies theme song was priceless.

Gee, look how happy PC Principal and Strong Woman were once people were too busy with the boxes to butt into their business. Maybe they should take the hint and do the same to other people instead of meddling with PC stuff. Just sayin'...

Amazing how they haven't mentioned Garrison ONCE this season.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 8