Type keyword(s) to search

South Park - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 10:55 PM, Lantern7 said:

I mean, I can get Kyle making a play for Heidi for the purpose of fucking Cartman over. That might have been at the back of his mind, but I don't think he'd be that big of a scumbag to make that his prime goal.

Yeah, I don't think that was his motivation either.   He started because he didn't like what was happening to Heidi and felt bad for her.   But then he started to realize he actually liked her after the girls teased him about it.   From then on, I think his feelings/motives were genuine.

Oh no, Heidi went Full Cartman, even acting exasperated when Cartman himself showed up (most likely intentional on Cartman's part). If anything, she became even nastier, especially if she manage to scare both Cartman AND PC Principal. Cartman created a monster, now Heidi is still a terrible girlfriend, except she's got confidence, I thought it was hilarious. I love how her plot became a genderflipped plot with the main boys. There was even a Kenny counterpart! Them becoming "samesies" when they both insulted Kyle was gold.

Nathan and Mimsy are back! So the Moss Piglets are water bears. TARDigrades. This show, guys. It's like the Sea People all over again, I loved it. The fact that it all led to the NFL wanting to use them to create the perfect fan turned this great episode into an AMAZING one.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 6

Heidi turning into an eviler Cartman was horrifying to behold. But it's kind of fitting Cartman got some abuse right back at him.

Mimzy's real name is Mimola?!

LOL at the dancing water bears. Was not expecting the NFL twist, but I should've known South Park would say something about this.

I really don't know how the last two episodes are going to be. Perhaps Heidi's transformation will finally guilt Kyle into exposing Gerald for setting the whole thing up in motion? Maybe Heidi's bulked up dad can kick Gerald's ass? Hey, I can dream...

• Love 2

Wow. Some episode. I know that Cartman is the main mad scientist behind Heidi's transformation, but I would hope somebody (preferably Kyle) would point out that they drove her back to him. That's about the most heinous thing that's ever happened in South Park Elementary involving girls. And yes, that includes the time Wendy had a hot substitute teacher launched into the sun itself.

Of course the men in black were from the NFL. Of course they wanted to breed water bears to become fans. And, of course, they would be armed. Totally knew Heidi was going to swallow the water bears (does that sound dirty?), but it was still funny. Even better? Her stomach grumbling as the Hokey Pokey song played. Seriously, she is dangerous now that she's been Cartmaned. Cartmanned? Mr. Mackey nailed it: she's now like him, only she can follow through. If PCP crapped himself hearing that, I wouldn't have blamed him.

Still annoyed by the portrayal of special education for personal reasons, but it's not a dealbreaker. Of course Timmy and Jimmy couldn't fathom Nathan's evil . . . or at least desire to be waist-deep in women. Of course Nathan's sabotage would backfire. I need to ask: has Timmy ever been on the losing side before? I mean, he'll bounce back, but I think that was a first.

• Love 6

Anybody else thinking Heidi will die by season's end? Because, nature abhors a vacuum, and I bet it really fucking hates two Cartmans (Cartmen?) running around South Park. Also, it's a shame we didn't get a follow-up on how she's so smart, aside from her (initially) volunteering to judge the science fair.

"Okay, listen up. I just found a little information about the penultimate episode. That means 'next-to-last.' Please do not use it to trigger anybody who isn't a fan of the series. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to figure out a way to 'fix' Heidi. Mr. Mackey suggested throwing her under the bus, but that didn't work for Eric."

SUPER HARD PCness

It’s never been more challenging to be a PC Principal.

PS: I can't really channel PCP. I mean, I could do a reasonable version of him voice, but I'm unable to do it through typing.

ETA: Press release has been . . . well . . . released.

NEW YORK, November 27, 2017 – It’s never been more challenging to be a PC Principal in an all-new episode titled “SUPER HARD PCness” on Wednesday, November 29 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

PC Principal is wrestling with some unfamiliar feelings. Meanwhile, boys will be boys except for Kyle who, for the first time, seems to see things differently from the rest of his friends.

Any guesses on the latter? I don't think Kyle will go through a "You're Getting Older" phase, but I can never predict where the series goes.

• Love 1

What the hell happened to Terrence and Philip?! They've aged!

Great callback to the movie. Just as Heidi has become Cartman, so has Kyle become his mother, blaming "Canadian" culture for everything. So it's not okay for people to fart on each other, but it's okay to help your garbage shitbag father get away with trolling?! You fucking hypocrite...

And now you got Canada blown up. And innocent people are dead. You're officially both your mother AND your father.

I like Strong Woman. She can be PC without being so rigid, calling out Kyle for his scapegoating.

I wonder how it will wrap up next week...

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 3

Terrance and Phillip! And oh god they're old why are they old? Do Canadians age much faster than Americans or something?

An episode starring PC Principal and he finally meets his match: Vice Principal Strong Woman. I absolutely love that PC Principal has Hootie & The Blowfish playing in his head (and that somehow everyone can hear it). I also love that PC Principal is actually named PC Principal. The whole ending with who would open the door was great. 

I hope nothing happens between Mr. Mackey and Ms. Conduct.

I love that even after Kyle has a makeover, he still puts on his jacket and hat over it. Great callback to two episodes ago. And good going, he turned into his mother and started ANOTHER war against Canada. Yeah, I figured he liked Heidi. So...I'm guessing we're in for a two-parter since the finale is next week?

• Love 4

"South Park: Even Bigger, Even Longer, Even More Uncut!"

Man, Kyle has a short memory. He forgot his mother declared war on Canada in 1999. Squeezed into the show's compress continuity (should it exist), that was probably four months ago. Good thing the guys said their bit on guns three seasons ago, because Kyle would totally go on a spree. The best part about hunting Cartman? Slow target.

I'm thinking Terrance & Phillip are old because the concept is nearing its end. That's how I'm seeing it. Their shtick is old, thus they are old.

I've been to three Canadian cities, and Garrison bombs the one I like the most. Serves Toronto right for having recognizable landmarks.

Good plot with PCP. I guess Mr. Mackey isn't gonna tell the HR lady about the time he fucked Ms. Choksondik and killed her. Oh, and classic Hootie and the Blowfish. I suspect we'll get "Only Wanna Be With You" in the finale, while all hell is breaking loose.

ETA: Another cute bit? Heidi and Cartman openly beating the snot out of each other in the hall, with only their shared ridicule of Kyle bringing them together.

• Love 8

Gerald will never get comeuppance for last season. For goodness sake, another war is breaking out, and nobody remembers that Sheila did the same thing. I think Gerald would have to redo Season 20 four or five times to reach the body count from the movie.

Once again, I think that Matt & Trey are reaching for the reset button. Once again, I'm probably wrong. But I feel that echoing the movie might be a sign that the guys are suggesting that everything has been done and unofficially reboot the franchise. That would also gently jab The Simpsons. I figure Heidi will live, even though she really needs a reboot. Liking Cartman is okay; becoming Cartman in unthinkable.

• Love 1

Good as a setup. Not overly funny or with much closure, but the episode certainly put things in motion.

I don't get the Michael Jackson connection to Kyle. Both the music and the "gonna make a change; gonna feel real good" line were clearly pointing that way, but I don't see what they're trying to say with it.

That was a lot of fun.  I didn't expect a sequel to the South Park movie but it was welcome as Kyle truly became his mother.  I was baffled to see Terrance & Phillip so old at first but got what they were trying to do.  I loved the bit with PC Principal constantly hearing that music and Mackie and the HR lady were great.  So were Principal and Strong Woman.

I don't know what their issue with Netflix is.

Hoping for a second part next week.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 5
On 11/29/2017 at 11:54 PM, Lantern7 said:

Gerald will never get comeuppance for last season. For goodness sake, another war is breaking out, and nobody remembers that Sheila did the same thing. I think Gerald would have to redo Season 20 four or five times to reach the body count from the movie.

Once again, I think that Matt & Trey are reaching for the reset button. Once again, I'm probably wrong. But I feel that echoing the movie might be a sign that the guys are suggesting that everything has been done and unofficially reboot the franchise. That would also gently jab The Simpsons. I figure Heidi will live, even though she really needs a reboot. Liking Cartman is okay; becoming Cartman in unthinkable.

Oh I know that Gerald will probably never get comeuppance.  It's just not hard to get my hopes up.

But I think everyone does remember Sheila's war with Canada, considering how Stan tried to talk Kyle down by telling him he really WAS acting like his mother when he was basically declaring war on Canada -- oh, excuse me, "Canadian culture."  Plus, at the end of the movie, Satan brought everyone killed in the war back to life, and unless they really do hit the reset button next week, I doubt that any of the people that died because of Gerald will be so fortunate.

@Spartan Girl: I also hope that Ike isn't relegated to the attic (or at least the house) like in the movie. On the other hand, I wouldn't want him to suddenly appear in the third act, all, "Kyle, what the fuck is wrong with you?" That would sound funny with the kid voice, but it would be too . ..  tropey? Could that be a word?

• Love 1
On 11/29/2017 at 8:33 PM, Galileo908 said:

I absolutely love that PC Principal has Hootie & The Blowfish playing in his head (and that somehow everyone can hear it).

This was killing me. I liked how PC Principal thought he was trying to be supportive of Strong Woman but she kept getting ticked at him. 

• Love 3

Makes no sense that Terrence and Phillips aged so rapidly while the kids stay the same age.

I think Mackey and Miss Conduct are cute together.

I've liked PC Principal since they introduced him, and Strong Woman is a good character for him to play off of.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, rmontro said:

Makes no sense that Terrence and Phillips aged so rapidly while the kids stay the same age.

Like I said, I think Matt & Trey are thinking of retiring them, since their act is so old. The alternative: some Canadians age really rapidly. Hey, maybe Kyle will shoot and kill them, and it would stick.

4 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Like I said, I think Matt & Trey are thinking of retiring them, since their act is so old.

I never liked Terrence and Phillip to begin with.  The only time I ever enjoyed them was in the full length movie, their musical number about "Uncle _____".

Comedy Central leaked a little information sooner than usual.

The children of South Park claim to have seen Mr. Garrison lurking around town. The townspeople are angry that the President is scaring their children.

So . . . bang or whimper? Will the second American/Canadian War be averted? Will Kyle be redeemed, or will he get comeuppance for his actions, plus those that his father never got? Will Garrison still be president, or will he get separated from his real-life counterpart? And will Heidi become Heidi once again?

ETA: Here's the press release, with a picture of the boys and Heidi. And Heidi is looking out over a bridge. To quote an all-too-familiar character: "Oh, geez!"

The bridge looks like the one Heidi threw her phone over last season. Maybe she gets it back and becomes her old self again?

I would love to think that karma may somehow finally bite Gerald in the ass, but I'd rather not get burned again.

14 hours ago, rmontro said:

I never liked Terrence and Phillip to begin with.  The only time I ever enjoyed them was in the full length movie, their musical number about "Uncle _____".

“Shut your fucking face, uncle fucker!” 

Now I’m going to have that song stuck in my head all day!

• Love 4
8 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

“Shut your fucking face, uncle fucker!” 

Now I’m going to have that song stuck in my head all day!

So much for my attempts to keep it clean  :)  But that is practically the only time I've enjoyed Terrence and Phillip.

• Love 2

Ha, the "Splatty Tomato" is President Douche's Rotten Tomatoes rating. 

I loved all the stuff with Garrison. A MAGA balloon straight out of IT? Amazing, especially when Stranger Things got involved.

"Did you see IT, too?"

"I saw It AND Stranger Things."
"...Jesus."

"I would NEVER have to the hots for the person you are now." Kyle just shut Heidi down COLD. Was it a coincidence that the gang just happened to come across the bridge where Heidi tossed her phone off of, and later the cabin where Cartman got his stuff smashed? Or just Matt & Trey wanting to tie up the plotline as quickly as possible? I did love how it all ended, and here I thought Heidi was gonna shoot herself. I can't believe it actually went full circle with Cartman from the beginning of the season. 

Oh my god was not expecting the Super Bowl Shuffle as "kickass 80s music." Also, more quests need to have Pac-Man Fever as their soundtrack.

I knew that the "fox trap" was gonna turn out to be Fox New, but I still loved it.

So it's up to the Whites to save America? We're screwed.

• Love 5

A takeoff on It/Stranger Things! Except they keep getting the lame 80s music, LOL.

Strong Woman and PC Principal give into temptation. Loved them using Butters as their third wheel.

Kickass Ike saves the day! Loved his "stop being such a victim!" to Kyle.

The White family sucks.

And the season comes full circle with Heidi finally realizing how people play the victims to justify being awful and breaks up with Cartman for good. Thank God.

Except the President is loose again, neither Kyle nor Gerald got any consequences (though Kyle at least feels bad), and everything is still nuts.

But hey, this was still a fun season. Nice to get a break from the full-blown serialization. 

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 3

Also, it seems that Stan gets his puking habits not from Randy but from Sharon.

It is kind of a bummer that we were left hanging with other plot threads. Will there be war against Canada? What will happen to President Douche? What's gonna happen between PC Principal & VP Strong Woman now that everyone knows about them? What of Mr. Mackey and Ms. Conduct? Will we see Ike in that Mountie outfit again?

• Love 2

Wow. At least Matt and Trey have roughly 42 weeks to watch the news and figure out S22. Or give up the show and go into seclusion, growing beards like David Letterman's.

Nice touch to tie the bulk of the previous nine episodes together. Also nice of Ike to not beat Kyle to within a millimeter of his life and drag him to Ottawa for Canadian justice. And dummy that I am, I thought Ike would be the big hero, which is basically a 180 from the movie, where he didn't play a role. Turns out the Squirts didn't teach him to tie efficient knots just yet.

Damn, Heidi finally got a clue and did what she should've done last season. If the series needs a professional victim, Cartman is about ten of those on his own. Totally thought Heidi would kill herself.

Are the Whites -- or maybe just the dad -- related to Chief Runs With Premise and Premise Running Thin? Way too on the nose.

Gotta love the reaction to PCP and a Strong hooking up. Bigger matters abound and Ike sniffs shit, and that's what makes people vomit? I will give props for the camouflage . . . talking about their problems in public with the most naive kid from skoo school.

• Love 3

I will forever adore "Gloria." Ha ha, I remember when "Hold On to the Nights" was a huge school dance slow song!

Interesting choices this season, given that Trey and Matt publicly claimed they didn't want to address Trump. They ended up making a very valid and logical point. I don't have a lot of faith in the Bob Whites of the country, though

• Love 5

I like how Bob White went to the "You think Hilary would have been better?" a few times. I don't think she would have nuked Canada. Just all of the random ranting was spot on. 

The 80s music gag was totally hilarious. Although Gloria is a kick ass song. 

• Love 4