Type keyword(s) to search

South Park - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Wow. PC Babies were born a few months ago, and they already managed to steal an episode. Good for them.

Cartman being a prick is a good route. Ditto for the whole town putting boxes on their heads and blacking out the outside world. Something tells me things won't get resolved until the finale. And maybe Garrison will show up to make things a hundred times worse. Yeah, @Spartan Girl, it is weird that the surrogate for the president hasn't popped in once. Or maybe Matt & Trey are trying to challenge themselves. With all the fuck-ups in South Park, it's not as hard as it would seem.

"Namaste. It means 'Fuck you, I have anxiety'." That has to be on a t-shirt soon.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Gee, look how happy PC Principal and Strong Woman were once people were too busy with the boxes to butt into their business. Maybe they should take the hint and do the same to other people instead of meddling with PC stuff. Just sayin'...

Irony at its finest.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Writing Wrongs said:

Again they touch on a pet peeve of mine. People with their noses stuck in their fucking phones.

Do you live in a large city where you have to run to catch mass transit, and people look at their phones and unintentionally beg to be run over?

Two thoughts: would Buddha Boxes butt into Randy’s livelihood? And would Buddha himself appear before season’s end?

• Love 1
On 11/8/2018 at 12:08 AM, Triskan said:

I completely lost it when they summoned Satan and spent the rest of the episode laughing my ass off, that was hilarious and amazing !

The whole episode was awesome (A school shooting in an ice cream shop ?).  Really loved the plot lines and the points made, but damn, those last minutes with Satan, I was dead laughing !

I've been away from home a lot recently, and I finally got to see these episodes in rerun last night. The above was one of my favorite parts with Al Gore summoning Satan and the exchange with the kids. Paraphrase - kids: "wait, you're summoning Satan?" Al Gore: "Well, duh, what did you think I was doing?" (And Al Gore's got a point - again - because who better to help you with figuring out about demons than Satan?) And then "Satan's not going to go with us to the library!" ...and then Satan: " Okay Al Gore, let's go."

Completely awesome.

I was kinda hoping Al Gore would give us at least one Superman pretend flight though for old time's sake.

RIP Ned.. and of course ManBearPig was hanging out around Tegridy Farms.

• Love 2

Thank you South Park for indirectly alerting anxious viewers within the first couple of minutes that you’d got a bone to pick with them or whatever. Anxious viewers did what anxious viewers do and didn’t watch any further. 

I'm thinking SP started going downhill iirc around after the Chef thing finished maybe a few seasons later, I dunno, I forget. Satirizing the culture is still always there, just not funny or as sharp anymore for a long time. Plus they did away with most characters to focus on the core kids.

Also, they have the uncensored versions. Personally I like the bleeping better. Hearing the actual words aren't funny.

Apologize for posting here as the more relevant threads are dead, lol

Edited by 100Proof
  • Love 1

This was...depressing. Josh's accident is no less silly than the actual incident where bear repellent sent dozens of workers to the hospital from earlier today. If the episode somehow had time to reference THAT, I'd demand that the crew be given raises. But the show really nailed down how we're all dependent on Amazon: that center was in New Jersey (I'm in NY) and I'm hoping that it doesn't disrupt delivering Smash Ultimate to my house on Friday. 

So many callbacks in the first ten minutes: The Buddha Box, Mr. Slave, the Tweeks (RIP Tweek Coffee), the remains of SoDaSoPa. And of course Cartman rattling off all the other plot points this season.

Jeff Bezos being one of those giant head aliens from Star Trek was amazing (EDIT: They're called Talosians), as were the mall employees essentially becoming Morlocks.

Oh man, next week is the finale, and I can't wait. This has been a really good season.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 5

So Amazon is evil and has taken over South Park. Sounds about right.

LOL at deserted mall. Mine isn't that bad but pretty close.

Did the Irish dude let out uncensored "fuck"?

Guess this will be an interesting season finale. A bit confused that Cartman is the only user of the Buddha Box. Think they'll wrap up the PC babies storyline next week?

• Love 2

Interesting road into the finale. It doesn't feel as intense as the past few years, though that might be because Garrison hasn't shown up. Well, there is one more episode, and trying to break a strike would be so like him.

Damn, the "Unfulfilled" song was catchy as hell. Nice to have Cartman point out that the gang doesn't do much together. Also, he didn't come up with a way to humiliate others and/or benefit himself this week. Once again, there is one more episode.

"I cannot wait to go back home to Bezos and touch butts with my wife." And the buttocks on the back of his head did not make that mental image any better.

I saw Mr. Slave among the workers as Scott greeted the Tweeks. Also the City Wok guy . . . or at lest someone with a similar hairline.

10 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

This was...depressing. Josh's accident is no less silly than the actual incident where bear repellent sent dozens of workers to the hospital from earlier today. If the episode somehow had time to reference THAT, I'd demand that the crew be given raises.

"THIS IS BEAR MACE!" Come on, I can't be the only one thinking of that.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

To think that was once the site of the great Console War.

11 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

I heard that, too!

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

My mall is all but dead.  I was in one in a nearby larger city yesterday, and it was still full of stores, although they've chopped the Sears off of it.  But it was nowhere near as busy as you might expect considering it's Christmas season.

I saw an Adam Ruins Everything the other day that said that they built a lot of malls in the 50s through the 70s because of a new law that gave tax breaks for building malls.  So they ended up building too many. 

So the malls killed the downtown.  Walmart was the next big evil entity on South Park, now it's Amazon apparently, lol.

• Love 3

The Irish guy said "fookin'" twice, which I guess avoids the censors?

The line I laughed at hard though was (and I'm going to get it wrong, but): "You're the best wife in the world, but you're a bitch for lying and patronizing me."

Good episode, I thought. Both songs were great. For a show that apparently wants to be canceled, they're putting good effort in.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, rmontro said:

I saw an Adam Ruins Everything the other day that said that they built a lot of malls in the 50s through the 70s because of a new law that gave tax breaks for building malls.  So they ended up building too many. 

Was it the 1954 accelerated depreciation rule? If so, that's kind of a just-so story. It counted for literally any building but we don't tell the story of the tax break that inspired dentist offices and movie theaters and donut shops. It was probably more of a cultural thing. We became a car society and people moved to suburbs. A mall is a downtown that you can build in the middle of nowhere, enclose, and not have to worry about people who live there. 

16 hours ago, Amarsir said:

Was it the 1954 accelerated depreciation rule? If so, that's kind of a just-so story. It counted for literally any building but we don't tell the story of the tax break that inspired dentist offices and movie theaters and donut shops. It was probably more of a cultural thing. We became a car society and people moved to suburbs. A mall is a downtown that you can build in the middle of nowhere, enclose, and not have to worry about people who live there. 

I'm sure that's what he was talking about.  I don't think his point was that no good came from the the tax break, just that there ended up being too many malls.  

• Love 1
On 11/28/2018 at 8:30 PM, Galileo908 said:

I've missed that whining Cartman voice like nothing else, it was something I hadn't heard in years.

The way he says "school" cracks me up. It's the same way Marcia Brady said it, and I hope that's deliberate. 

I don't remember when the babies were born. Are they all twins? Or whatever 5 is called? 

I loved all the babies names. PC Principal and Strong Woman arguing cracked me up for some reason.

Where did the PC babies go that the radio station had a W in the call letters? Because being in CO it would be a K.

I'm not one to get into the 'people are on their phones too much' but I thought it was cool that because they all had boxes that PC and Strong were able to go out as a family. Of course, if they just got over themselves, they could anyway. 

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 3

The whole montage with the 16 tons song was really well done. I watched it twice. Liked that Cartman still had the box. 

The mall totally killed me. 

On 12/5/2018 at 8:31 PM, Spartan Girl said:

I watched it uncensored, but closed caption had it as "fook" so maybe they got away with it. 

We have a mall. I've only been a couple of times but it seemed busy. 

• Love 2

It’s kind of awesome to open a South Park thread and learn something about tax law! 

Kind of random:  I thought the episode title was really good.  It’s rare you can sum up an entire episode in one word that means multiple things.

Agreed with everyone else that the direction on the opening montage was excellent.  

Are bike parades a thing for little kids?  I’ve never heard of it, but what a cute idea.  Butters and the other kids need to wear helmets, though!

Edited by Peace 47

@ganesh . .. I think he's always said "skoo." It's cute in an obnoxious way. And five babies at the same time are quintuplets.

Before I forget to ask: does the teacher have a backstory? All I know is that she's female and apparently Asian. The only other full-time teachers that have given lessons to our heroes have been Mr./Ms. Garrison and Ms. Choksondik.

LOL so many callbacks from Tegridy Farm turning into Amazon, Santa abandoning everyone over Mr. Hanky, the scooters, even a callback to the PC babies.

I loved Kenny flipping off his dad without even turning around.

LMAO Garrison in cuffs! And everything is literally solved by Tegridy weed. If only it were that simple...

So they end the season literally begging to be cancelled. Full circle. Wonder if it will work...either way, great season.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 5

I love those old timey radios Jeff Bezos used. He has to be one of the top villains this show's ever had, and this was a season that had ManBearPig coming back.

I love how Towelie still lives with the Marshes. And just when Randy's latest scheme was about to go bust again, everyone needed some kush to take the edge off from the strike. That was great.

Oh shit Butters' bike was incredible.

"I'm gonna shoot up the skeeeeewl!"
"Don't shoot up the school." I loved how that was said so casually. Quite sad in a way, but you know Cartman's not the type to actually follow through on that.

"e-Scooters? Yeah, I 'member." I loved the image of Towelie on the scooter just riding around. Speaking of callbacks, I honestly can't believe how the show finally managed to tie together just about every single plot thread this season, especially Tegridy and the whole "Cancel South Park" bit coming full circle. This is a season that had Mr. Hankey getting kicked out of town, killed off Satan, why not add Santa calling everyone c**** (unbleeped!) and ordering Alexa to kill Kenny to the mix, too? Wow, lot of familiar faces at the end, like Mephisto and Kevin, Big Gay AL and Mr. Slave, plus Ned was alive (but Kenny wasn't). Hell, we finally got to see President Garrison, and in handcuffs! We can only dream, right?

This was one hell of an ending. Overall, such a great season.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 7

Well, most everything got resolved. Not that this was officially a season with an episodes-spanning arc, but it was a satisfactory end to a great season. Oh, and Santa Claus basically blew off South Park because they banished Mr. Hankey . . . over tweets.

"Alexa, kill Kenny." And there's Cartman towing Kenny's coffin in the end. Classic. It helps knowing Kenny will be back next year.

South Park calling out Bezos was good . . . and then it turned out they were facing the wrong way because they were all baked.

In the end, we got important messages wrapped in hilarious satire. And Garrison didn't say a word all season. Good enough for me.

ETA: RIP Scott. Your message will go far, even as your guts did not.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 5

I laughed my ass off at Santa asking for Mr. Hankey. Of the many good callbacks and subtleties, that was the best.

The main plotline felt like a copout more than a resolution. Nothing Bezos did in this episode actually made any difference. Nor did the people  actively involved in striking or in scabbing. But as copouts go, "everyone got too high to care" is about as good as you get.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Lantern7 said:

ETA: RIP Scott. Your message will go far, even as your guts did not.

Josh. And man, what a way to go.

1 minute ago, Amarsir said:

The main plotline felt like a copout more than a resolution. Nothing Bezos did in this episode actually made any difference. Nor did the people  actively involved in striking or in scabbing. But as copouts go, "everyone got too high to care" is about as good as you get.

At first I thought "Oh crap, is this going to continue into next season?" like the whole Heidi plot, but nope, it all got wrapped up with less than five minutes to go.

• Love 2

In regard to the irony of Tegridy Farm being South Park's Amazon . . . maybe the next season kicks off with the town setting it on fire and singing "Kumbayah."

Rewatching the episode . . .Dr.Mephisto and his little imp were there! Man, where have they been?!?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, HotRats2112 said:

Does Bebe's come with boobs that destroy society?  

I think that might be a rare chase figure. I'll have to check the website.

Anyone want to throw out vague guesses as to how the guys will do their 300th episode?

• Love 1