Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Chapter Eighteen: The Miracles of Sabrina Spellman

• Start Topic

I keep thinking her powers are going to disappear at some point, and was worried it would be at the roof flight.  Of course they prevented us from seeing that, so who knows.  I still think it'll happen.  She can't stay this powerful.

• Love 2

Well I didn't really think that they would kill Ambrose so that part was no surprise.  Pod!Zelda's mincing of Leviathan was horrific, I hope the mouse 'actor' got a big piece of cheese afterwards.  Glad Zelda is 'back' and that they didn't draw that particular plotline out too long, although I did enjoy watching Miranda Otto portray a Stepford Wife.

Honestly they could keep Roz as Sabrina's mortal friend and ditch all the others, I wouldn't mind (I do like Roz).

Was 'Adam' the body of Adam or made from straw? He looked kind of scarecrow-like (although much, much scarier).  Miss Wardwell pulling out her own rib was almost as horrific as the aforementioned mincing.

Did I misread the cut, or did Prudence see Sabrina conjuring the Dark Lord?

6 hours ago, pootlus said:

Did I misread the cut, or did Prudence see Sabrina conjuring the Dark Lord?

I too thought that Prudence realized Sabrina was conjuring DL, but nothing seemed to come of it after that.

Hated, hated the mincing!  Yes, that mouse actor needs a bonus cheese clause in his contract!

• LOL 1

Does anybody know the difference between mortals and witches or the origin of witches. It must be more than mortals who pledge themselves to the Dark Lord. There appears to be a long a separate lineage.

On 4/7/2019 at 6:12 AM, pootlus said:

Well I didn't really think that they would kill Ambrose so that part was no surprise.  Pod!Zelda's mincing of Leviathan was horrific, I hope the mouse 'actor' got a big piece of cheese afterwards. 

I never knew Leviathan existed, and then he was dead in Ambrose's stomach, and then he was alive and cute and my new favourite character, and then he was dead again. It was a real whirlwind. The single most stressful moment of the season for me was when he screamed on the stairs and Sabrina was too busy talking to hear him. Leviathan!

• Love 1

I loved that Father Blackwood was clearly threatened by Sabrina's new powers, which REALLY made me hope that they weren't temporary. Blackwood is not one to forgive or forget and he interprets anything but absolute obsequience as a threat. I'm afraid that when Sabrina inevitably loses her powers, he is going to come after her with a vengeance.

Zelda's Stepford Wife persona was horrifying. Even though I'm glad that Hilda and Sabrina were able to break the enchantment, poor Zelda now has to keep pretending to be Blackwood's docile tea pouring wife. Blech!

I don't understand why Sabrina took Leviathan home instead of going straight to the council. Why risk anything happening to the mouse that could save Ambrose?

Damn, Dorian, I had no idea you were willing to sell out Sabrina and Ambrose for...fun? Boredom? He didn't even get anything out of it, even when Blackwood asked what he wanted in return.

Sabrina seemed a little too arrogant about her new powers. As Hilda said, there is always a price for magic, and after all of, what, one whole day, Sabrina still had no idea what the price was. She seemed to be jumping the gun a bit.

I mean, I get striking while the iron is hot, so talking to the kids at her school about her father's teachings is understandable, but did she have to have a mortal/witch party IMMEDIATELY? Like slow your roll there, girl. And why did her miracle have to be flying off the roof? What about starting with showing the mortals some low grade magic that wouldn't totally freak them out?

Hahaha, when Lilith said, "And because I made you from my rib, I'll call you..." [dramatic pause], I was hoping she would say something like McRib, Riblet, or Ribby McRibberson.

If I were Harvey, I'd be concerned that what I drew looked EXACTLY like the thing they found in the mines. That can't be a coincidence.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Poor Leviathan, that was just next level nasty. Even for this show, where people semi-frequently eat each other!

Of course Lilith makes her own man made with her rub called Adam to screw with Satan. She is just that level of dramatic when it comes to her revenge plots. 

Maybe Sabrina should walk the mortals into the whole magic thing a little easier?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 4/16/2019 at 6:10 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Hahaha, when Lilith said, "And because I made you from my rib, I'll call you..." [dramatic pause], I was hoping she would say something like McRib, Riblet, or Ribby McRibberson.

Haha yes!!  In my head I was chanting "please name him Ribert!  Please name him Ribert!"

• LOL 3

This show has so many pieces in place to be really good but the sloppy arc building is getting in the way. 

Sabrina using her powers to advance her father's philosophies while secretly being puppeted by the Dark Lord could have been an interesting thing, but Sabrina using magical powers with no cost and then panicking because a mural says she's the Herald of Hell is not nearly as interesting. Also, with only two episodes left of the season and no real signs that she's evil, I don't expect the show to actually go with her being evil. (OTOH, the ENTIRE REST OF THE COVEN IS ACTUALLY FREAKING EVIL, so it would be nice to see Sabrina and the show wrestle with the morality of THAT!)

The Dark Lord making semi-regular visitations also cuts some of the suspense. We know the Dark Lord has plans for Sabrina, so if things ever got really bad with the Council and Church of Darkness, presumably the Dark Lord would just intervene. 

I know she's not aware of it, but Roz should be very concerned about accepting a miracle from Sabrina - it didn't go well with poor Theo. 

Loved Stepford Zelda and her beautiful dress.  Miranda Otto is just great in this, although I still fondly remember her from LOTR.

It was nice to see William Davis again (why, yes, I do watch a lot of Sci fi), although they were some seriously cheesy neck pieces for the almighty Council.  Couldn't they conre up something more impressive? 

• Love 1

This ep and the last one pulled me back in, just bc they were so over the top. Random thoughts-

I skipped the mouse thing and thankful I did.

I do think Sabrina conjured a fake Dark lord and that Prudence noticed. But Prudence is only loyal to herself and I felt like in this ep she was trying to figure out the best bet- Sabrina or her father.

Sabrina continues to be incredibly incredibly annoying and dumb.

Herald of hell. Is that a thing made up for the show or is that a Bible story? I didn't grow up in a regular Christian church so I don't know typical Bible stories, really only know what I've gotten from TV. Like I got the rib thing. 

I know that the Dark Lord's appearance to denounce Blackwood was a trick of Sabrina's but it really could have just as easily been the real deal considering how much time he spends popping up in Greendale. Given that, it seems particularly foolish for Blackwood to be plotting against his chosen one and advancing his own he-man-woman-haters philosophy for the Church of Night unbidden. It's one thing to insert your own agenda as a spokesman for an absent and possibly fictional deity, but when your god has a habit of showing up in person to hand out marching orders that seems like the sort of thing you should get prior clearance for.

Edited by Bruinsfan