Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

• Start Topic

Teaser Trailer & Date Announce - "The Society" on Netflix

The Society follows a group of teenagers who are mysteriously transported to a facsimile of their wealthy New England town without any trace of their parents. Their newfound freedom will be fun... but it will also be very dangerous. As they struggle to figure out what has happened to them and how to get home, they must establish order and form alliances if they want to survive.

Launch date: May 10, 2019

Format: 10 x 1 hour episodes

Filmed: Outside of Boston

Showrunner: Chris Keyser

Executive Producers: Marc Webb, Chris Keyser

Cast: Rachel Keller (Cassandra), Kathryn Newton (Allie), Alex Fitzalan (Harry), Kristine Froseth (Kelly), Jacques Colimon (Will), Sean Berdy (Sam), Toby Wallace (Campbell), Gideon Adlon (Becca), Olivia DeJonge (Elle), Alex MacNicoll (Luke), Natasha Liu Bordizzo (Helena), Jose Julian (Gordie), Salena Qureshi (Bean), Jack Mulhern (Grizz), Grace Victoria Cox (Lexie)

Intrigued by this show! I think, at first, the children will have fun and rejoice, and then ... in the teaser, it is clear that the guys will be out of order. The question is whether all this will turn out to be a dream? And if not, what happened ... 😱

Waiting for the series, as it will, I will look!

I almost didn't stick with it, and wished I was a teenager finishing up school, and looking forward to time to binge things like this - but I recognized the boy from Switched at Birth, so I kept watching. 

I am curious as to what happened. Why they still have phones to use to talk to each other, electricity, and so on. Parts are a bit cringe, but there are teenage boys who would act the way they have - hell, there are grown men who would act like that, given the chance. I just wonder if we'll get an answer as to where they are, what happened, or if they will hold out hoping for a second season. I only found out about this when I googled someone the other night. 

I've only watched the first episode so far, that's what I meant by sticking with it = beyond the first ten minutes. 

I'm a couple of episodes in and it's actually surprising.  These types of shows typically turn into war and the strong hoarding everything pretty fast.  This seems more realistic.  Not perfect but also not devolving into tribal warfare and human terribleness right away. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, meatball77 said:

I'm a couple of episodes in and it's actually surprising.  These types of shows typically turn into war and the strong hoarding everything pretty fast.  This seems more realistic.  Not perfect but also not devolving into tribal warfare and human terribleness right away. 

I've watched two episodes, as well. I will get back to it later.

On 5/10/2019 at 7:30 PM, Anela said:

I almost didn't stick with it, and wished I was a teenager finishing up school, and looking forward to time to binge things like this - but I recognized the boy from Switched at Birth, so I kept watching. 

I am curious as to what happened. Why they still have phones to use to talk to each other, electricity, and so on. Parts are a bit cringe, but there are teenage boys who would act the way they have - hell, there are grown men who would act like that, given the chance. I just wonder if we'll get an answer as to where they are, what happened, or if they will hold out hoping for a second season. I only found out about this when I googled someone the other night. 

I've only watched the first episode so far, that's what I meant by sticking with it = beyond the first ten minutes. 

I'm not sure why you are singling out the guys on the show for any behavior. There have been a wide range a reactions in the pilot but the main default was party! Which is a teenage thing. Not a guy thing. There was one overly hostile dude. That's about it. And he was the only one that had a problem listening or following orders from the older sister. He has a problem. Not a guy thing.

The pilot wasn't bad. Yes, Netflix already has a teens on their own show on their platform but this one at least hooked me better on first impression. 

This show does suffer from too many white people. In the sense that there are too many samesy looking people to keep track. 

23 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

I'm not sure why you are singling out the guys on the show for any behavior. There have been a wide range a reactions in the pilot but the main default was party! Which is a teenage thing. Not a guy thing. There was one overly hostile dude. That's about it. And he was the only one that had a problem listening or following orders from the older sister. He has a problem. Not a guy thing.

The pilot wasn't bad. Yes, Netflix already has a teens on their own show on their platform but this one at least hooked me better on first impression. 

This show does suffer from too many white people. In the sense that there are too many samesy looking people to keep track. 

I was thinking of something specific, that I'm too  tired, and not in the mood, to get into. I was thinking specific douxhebro things, I guess I should have been more specific, but I wasn't feeling well. Anyway, it's my opinion. 

• Love 4

Episode 2

Now the crazyness starts. It was fun and games but now the violence is out.

Not sure why it started though. Like, what was the inciting incident.

The touch yourself seen and that dude makes me really uncomfortable. 

We got people trying to do inventory but it's kind of pointless if it's going to take that long and no one is there to stop you from taking.

I liked the fuck marry kill game in the beginning. Every little fun thing you might do as a teenager morphs into something morning. Like that's just a silly game but what if the people in your town are your only option in terms of being with someone?

• Love 2

Episode 3

Seemed to explore the guys of the society more than anything else. Which I find interesting because it was written and directed by women. It also had a girl in dialogue say I hate men, so there is that.

But, not all the guys looked bad and showed multiple facets of how guys can be. Even moments that I wish would change like a group of guys letting one their own get away with saying some repugnant shit with basically a not cool. Gotta come better than that.

The ending kind of had to happen to chase the dynamics of the town. Still sucks though. 

The discussion among the girls about feeling safe was important. Just statistically, that sadly needs to be a concern.

• Love 2
(edited)

Looked 1-2 ep.

Good idea. It will be interesting to observe anarchy in a small society. The show is a mirror of modern society, showing the consequences of lawlessness and lawlessness.

While I have an idea that someone is experimenting with children, or someone is holding the children hostage. The second option is more realistic given the note, found deaf-and-dumb, which require $ 1.5 million for getting rid of the smell.

And yes, the death of a girl from a snake bite turned out completely unreal. After all, they dragged her leg, so why not make a cut there and squeeze out blood? And if she is allergic, then why is she not carrying allergy medications with her?

Edited by Friendly kitty
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Friendly kitty said:

Looked 1-2 ep.

Good idea. It will be interesting to observe anarchy in a small society. The show is a mirror of modern society, showing the consequences of lawlessness and lawlessness.

While I have an idea that someone is experimenting with children, or someone is holding the children hostage. The second option is more realistic given the note, found deaf-and-dumb, which require $ 1.5 million for getting rid of the smell.

And yes, the death of a girl from a snake bite turned out completely unreal. After all, they dragged her leg, so why not make a cut there and squeeze out blood? And if she is allergic, then why is she not carrying allergy medications with her?

The snake bite exhibited the fact that they were truly unprepared for this issue and taking care of themselves. That's all I took it as. I didn't really worry about the particulars. I'm sure tons of people don't actually carry around meds when they should and don't do everything correctly in a crisis.

1 hour ago, Racj82 said:

The snake bite exhibited the fact that they were truly unprepared for this issue and taking care of themselves. That's all I took it as. I didn't really worry about the particulars. I'm sure tons of people don't actually carry around meds when they should and don't do everything correctly in a crisis.

Yes, it was to scare them all, and it interrupted what was going on at the end of that episode (which had happened too soon - I thought it would take longer than a day or two, for someone to try to claim power like that). 

Haven't watched the third episode yet, but I can guess what happens. 

As this show goes on (just started episode six) I'm starting to feel like this show exists to explore men in our society through this high concept show. Women too if course but all the evil in this society seems to stem from the men and the women are victims and targets more often than not.

Not really what I signed up for. I would like a more measured look at gender dynamics but this is feeling really one sided.

I will say that the sex in this show is interesting. It's very frank in it's depiction. But, I also like foreplay on both sides being shown as well as teen sexuality being open and non judging.

It's also starting to feel weird to me how this situation just is for them. I would be trying to figure out what happened way more than they are. After the first episode, the fun is gone and I would be eager to get out of there.

• Love 3
(edited)

Just finished episode 4, but (as someone who has planned and chaperoned over 150 high school field trips in the past 20 years), I keep wondering 

Spoiler

why there were no adults on the school district's buses transporting 200 teenagers and what happened to the four bus drivers? Did I miss something?

I doubt it's a spoiler - more of a nitpick/obvious plot hole, but just in case...

Edited by QQQQ
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, QQQQ said:

Just finished episode 4, but (as someone who has planned and chaperoned over 150 high school field trips in the past 20 years), I keep wondering 

Hide contents

why there were no adults on the school district's buses transporting 200 teenagers and what happened to the four bus drivers? Did I miss something?

I doubt it's a spoiler - more of a nitpick/obvious plot hole, but just in case...

The mystery seems to involve the parents. None of what happened that night makes sense in reality so that just goes in line with it.

But at some point wouldn't they have asked 

Spoiler

"What happened to the four adults who were with us when we got back to our empty town?" I mean, they couldn't have left town and the buses didn't drive themselves. Plus there was an adult (presumably a driver) announcing the trip had been canceled and they'd returned home. 

• Love 3

I'm deep into like episode seven right now I think. Let me just say that just about every single choice the girl that is with the deaf guys brother makes has zero logic to me. None of it. From episode 1 to now and she does something incredibly stupid during the back half of the season.

2 hours ago, QQQQ said:

Reveal spoiler

I was wondering about that, too. I want to know if all of their parents knew about it, or just the father of the two boys. I can’t imagine them being okay with their kids going on that bus, if they did know.  

3 hours ago, QQQQ said:

But at some point wouldn't they have asked 

Reveal spoiler

"What happened to the four adults who were with us when we got back to our empty town?" I mean, they couldn't have left town and the buses didn't drive themselves. Plus there was an adult (presumably a driver) announcing the trip had been canceled and they'd returned home. 

Yeah, question isn't crazy but they need to give so many answers for what's going on with the adults if this town. I've just been waiting for some general answers.

19 hours ago, Racj82 said:

The snake bite exhibited the fact that they were truly unprepared for this issue and taking care of themselves. That's all I took it as. I didn't really worry about the particulars.

But the guy even bandaged his leg girl. So why not make a cut in the leg and did not try to deflate the poison? After all, even the study does not need this. I'm not even talking about the suction of poison. You just need to push and release the infected blood.🙄

And yes, I looked 3-4 ep.
With the murder of Cassandra it was cruel and sudden. We are strongly hinted that this is Campbell, but I do not think that he is a murderer. Although the story of his brother was creepy. And then this story from the bathroom.
Now it will be interesting to see how Cassandra’s sister manages to cope with everything that happens in the city. The fact that she collected weapons - does not mean anything. Who did not want to give it, he did not give.
And yes, too quickly, everyone agreed later on the appointment of Cassandra’s sister to the office of “President.” I understand, she was chosen by a dozen people who wanted peace, but why everyone else supported such a choice ... I didn’t have enough motivation.😅

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Friendly kitty said:

But the guy even bandaged his leg girl. So why not make a cut in the leg and did not try to deflate the poison? After all, even the study does not need this. I'm not even talking about the suction of poison. You just need to push and release the infected blood.🙄

And yes, I looked 3-4 ep.
With the murder of Cassandra it was cruel and sudden. We are strongly hinted that this is Campbell, but I do not think that he is a murderer. Although the story of his brother was creepy. And then this story from the bathroom.
Now it will be interesting to see how Cassandra’s sister manages to cope with everything that happens in the city. The fact that she collected weapons - does not mean anything. Who did not want to give it, he did not give.
And yes, too quickly, everyone agreed later on the appointment of Cassandra’s sister to the office of “President.” I understand, she was chosen by a dozen people who wanted peace, but why everyone else supported such a choice ... I didn’t have enough motivation.😅

Well, as time goes on, her being appointed leader becomes a huge problem.

I finished the season.

If you are into this show for the mystery element, don't watch this. It's barely a thing in the show.

Way too many if dudes are d bags for my liking. By the time we get to a sketchy interrogation scene involving one of the girls that two of the guys are doing, I just threw my hands up. It has become tiresome.

We are not following the kids in real time. There are time jumps.

Not a bad show frustrating at multiple points. Still better than that between show. 

So all of the guys become a problem? Even the ones who brought the girl home to be buried? Even the deaf boy? 

Threats of a sex strike - I've seen things in the news recently, with some saying, "It's only for certain guys, right??" It did leave me wondering how many would turn against women to that point, if women chose to  be celibate for a while. I don't think all men would, but given the misogynistic attitudes I've seen, no matter what party or "side" they identify with, I just wonder about some of them. 

They've shown girls being bitchy to each other, and almost hooking up with other girls' boyfriends. They aren't always shown in the best light, either. The one girl is easily manipulated by Campbell (the one the others in the little group, all agreed would be in the "kill" column). 

• Love 2

It's better than a lot of shows which are the same sort of premise because it dosesn't turn into tribal warfare.   I finished it today and I enjoyed all but the last episode.  Hopefully, they'll wrap up that plotline or at least not taking it where I think they are going.

• Love 1

Campbell is too obvious to have shot her. I finished episode four a few hours ago. At least, I think he is. He almost killed his girlfriend, and his brother says that he's a psychopath. Maybe they will go with "too obvious". 

It bothers me that there will be no reveal about how they got there.

I binged the show and honestly, I liked it a lot more then I expected to. For a teen drama with a mystery/sci-fi/supernatural element, I thought it was surprisingly well-written and the characters pretty nuanced, for a bunch of dumb, privileged teens. I think pretty much all of the characters are all flawed, regardless of gender.

My husband presented a theory about the mystery premise: that this is a social experiment. I don't know how a parallel universe fits into it, but it is a possibility I could get behind.

• Love 5

So just got done with my binge and I'll probably have more thoughts later but my main takeaway and not sure if this has already been discussed, but I'm positive Allie was the one who murdered Cassandra. 

I'm positive the writers framed Cassandra's death the way they did, where we didn't see the guilty person, so there could be a major reveal later. And I just don't buy the loser, misogynistic asshole was the one because he was too minor a character for them to not just show the viewers it was him. 

Ellie was in Cassandra's shadow her whole life and knew she would always be as long as Cassandra was around. I think it was a twisted case of her loving but hating her sister at the same time. Of course I may just be suspicious of her because honestly, I kind of don't like Allie. Something about her just bugs. 

Of course while she just bugs me, I can tolerate her versus Campbell. I know all good shows need a good villain and the actor's certainly playing the hell out of a very loathsome character. But while I'm normally able to enjoy villains in a "this is entertaining but rooting for their downfall" kind of way, by the end of the episodes, Campbell just made my skin crawl and every scene of him and Elle just had my anxiety going in the worse way. 

I think I may have had my fill of watching the abuse of women onscreen. Which brings me to the scene with Lexie and the two jock guys. Annoying as Lexie may have been, I wanted to slap Allie for that reaction to Lexie's very justifiable complaint. And it's that attitude of hers that riled Lexie up even more. What those assholes did to Lexie was violating and gross. That scene made me very uncomfortable. And for Allie to just dismiss Lexie and be whatever about it was all kinds of gross. 

But back to dumb jocks, what bugged me about the last episode is "yeah, we all knew the big coup was going to come" but that these fools would be willing to follow and listen to Campbell, someone they all seemed to be aware of and agree when the season started, was a psychopath, is ridiculous. 

It was made clear that Campbell had no friends because no one liked his psycho, creepy ass. But sure, take orders from that idiot. At least Harry has the excuse of being a junkie who's just desperate for a fix and willing to do anything for it. Of course nothing about Clark suggests brains so never mind. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

So just got done with my binge and I'll probably have more thoughts later but my main takeaway and not sure if this has already been discussed, but I'm positive Allie was the one who murdered Cassandra. 

That was what I was thinking, or another girl. 

I looked yesterday ep.5.
The court just pissed me off. This is especially true of the girl lawyer. She didn’t want to be responsible for unfair punishment, so why did she perform her duty poorly? After all, the question is one that she had to ask the witness, it begs itself. After all, the exact words that the accused had said when confessing to the murder were not said. So why did she not make the accused or the witness say the exact words that were said earlier by the accused ... ???
And the second ... after the end of the trial, the accused pointed out two guys who were involved in the crime. But why did Cassandra’s sister arrest only Campbell ??

22 minutes ago, Friendly kitty said:

But why did Cassandra’s sister arrest only Campbell ??

Because according to the guy, Harry simply said he wished Cassandra was dead and wishing someone would die is not a crime. He didn't say Harry helped him kill Cassandra. He only implicated Campbell in the helping to kill her. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Because according to the guy, Harry simply said he wished Cassandra was dead and wishing someone would die is not a crime. He didn't say Harry helped him kill Cassandra. He only implicated Campbell in the helping to kill her. 

Still, it can be regarded as incitement to murder. Judging by the words of the accused, Campbell also did not kill Cassandra, but only helped to kill her. But everyone considered him an assassin from the very beginning, so they joyfully arrested him ...
The show is an extra confirmation that people are cruel and they need to throw out their anger on someone. And they are very biased. If a guilty person is appointed, everything will be done to prove his guilt. Even if it is taken from the ceiling.
Although Campbell scares me, yes. The dog has disappeared! Surely he killed her, as in childhood he killed a bird.

Edited by Friendly kitty
  • Love 1
(edited)

One issue I had with this show was it was hard to root for some people.

Most of the main guys we saw they all sucked. Only 4 of them were nice. Sam, Chris,(who are both gay) Will and Gordie. Will was annoying but not an asshole. The other guys they talked about how the Woman were controlling them. Campbell is a psychopath so not surprised. Luke made the wrong choice in the end. Harry did as well but he just a sad rich junkie. He was a cliche to be honest. 

Lexi was annoying as well. She was Veronica in the new Heathers show. I think in the end her and Harry may have realized teaming up with Campbell was wrong. Hope for them next season. Maybe lol. 

Allie made some wrong choices as well but she is new to this. Her Sister was killed that is stressful and hard for anyone under normal conditions.  I understand they are all teenagers so wrong choices will be made but it was tough to watch at times. 

Kelly was nice I liked her. Cute her and Gordie are becoming the town doctors they are doing the best they can.

In the end they did not spend enough time trying to figure out what happened. The show was more about white guys are jerks. Thanks I got it.  Some of the girls were not perfect either. I did feel bad for the one sitting at the bus stop waiting though. In fact she was the only one to tell Lexi she did not believe her about the election. 

Edited by ShadowHunter

The skinny guy shot her? I'm watching episode five. I guess I'll wait until I've watched the rest, before I comment again. Cassandra did look surprised. I thought it would be a girl, because she looked confused. 

20 minutes ago, Anela said:

Cassandra did look surprised. I thought it would be a girl, because she looked confused. 

That's why I am positive it was Allie. Cassandra's face wasn't just one of fear because someone was pointing a gun at her. It was one of confusion, hurt and fear. She knew who killed her very well. I will not be convinced otherwise, lol. 

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

That's why I am positive it was Allie. Cassandra's face wasn't just one of fear because someone was pointing a gun at her. It was one of confusion, hurt and fear. She knew who killed her very well. I will not be convinced otherwise, lol. 

It's just this guy is confessing again, and calling all of the girls bitches. But I had wondered if Allie's jealousy left her capable of doing something like that. 

Sad to hear that Harry gets worse as the show goes on. He seemed like a normal guy here. Wasn't happy with the way things were going, but not out to hurt anyone, either. 

I guess Campbell hurt the dog. Ugh. I hate it when animals are hurt or killed. 

(edited)

Looked at ep.6-7.
Cassandra's sister began to remind me very much of the Daynerys of the GoT. As long as she follows the advice, but still, this thirst for power has already appeared, she already wants everyone to be afraid of her ... And what irritation she became when she was told about the elections. Of course, she does not want to lose power. The crown already gave a good head. I think, then she can still do a lot of things ...
And the girl who lives with Campbell is very strange. It is clear that we were trying to show a typical case of domestic violence. But if she were a little smarter, she would have shown her bruises to the “ruler” of their society and there would have been no need to bake a pie with poison. It is sad for me to look at such women ...
And yes, it was funny for me to look at the verdict of the return team. For 5 months they planned to say what became clear after the solar eclipse. Genial! I applaud standing up!😂
Hurry and go to the forest and find something new.
PS. Especially amused the moment with the turkey for Thanksgiving. Is it the same time that meat can be stored so that it is usable?👀

Edited by Friendly kitty
(edited)

Okay, that proposal scene was sweet. "I see you, too."

I don't like "the guard" looking for people, when they haven't shown up to work for two days. 

I'm watching it right now. I wish I could remember all of their names. "Turkey goes boom." ha! 

I like that the other girl, the model-pretty one, helped the pregnant girl with a sonogram. I like that she noticed in the first place.

Sam and Grizz- so Grizz is gay? Someone mentioned above, that there was another gay character, from the boys. I like him. 

Edited by Anela

I'm surprised at the unsettling, creepy vibe the show has. It's tense, and you can't really trust anyone. Some of the reactions from different characters are weird. At times, it's hard to know who is who and there are so many background teens.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, non sequitur said:

I'm surprised at the unsettling, creepy vibe the show has. It's tense, and you can't really trust anyone.

Agree with this. Like I said, there were many times during the episodes where my anxiety was through the roof. Okay, most of that had to do with Campbell's creepy ass but there were other moments. 

10 minutes ago, Anela said:

Sam and Gordy - so Gordy is gay? Someone mentioned above, that there was another gay character, from the boys. I like him. 

It's Grizz, apparently short for Garret. He says his real name later in the season. That pairing was a nice and unexpected surprise. For the first few episodes, I was trying to figure out who they were going to pair Grizz with because it kind of seemed like he was being chem-tested with multiple people - his scenes with Allie, he even had a scene with Elle, I think there may have been one or two with Kelly. But once he and Sam shared that scene at the Prom, I figured that's where the writers were going. 

12 minutes ago, Anela said:

I'm watching it right now. I wish I could remember all of their names. "Turkey goes boom." ha! 

I like that the other girl, the model-pretty one, helped the pregnant girl with a sonogram. I like that she noticed in the first place.

So I can't remember all of them but by the end of the season, I did have a handle on a few key characters:

Allie - girl whose sister was murdered and started running the new colony/community/whatever.

Harry - rich boy who becomes druggie who hated Cassandra, Allie's sister.

Kelly - Harry's ex-girlfriend. Girl who guy Allie liked, liked for awhile (strange I can't remember his name considering how integral he was to the whole season. I want to say it's Noah)

Campbell - Abusive psycho. Nuff said

Elle - Campbell's abused girlfriend

Sam - Campbell's brother 

Grizz - One of the jocks, gets involved with Sam 

Lexie - Girl who runs for mayor who really hates Allie

Gordy - Brainy guy who was in love with Cassandra 

Can't remember any of the other jocks names except for Clark who was the least important really. Go figure. 

• Love 3
(edited)
11 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Agree with this. Like I said, there were many times during the episodes where my anxiety was through the roof. Okay, most of that had to do with Campbell's creepy ass but there were other moments. 

It's Grizz, apparently short for Garret. He says his real name later in the season. That pairing was a nice and unexpected surprise. For the first few episodes, I was trying to figure out who they were going to pair Grizz with because it kind of seemed like he was being chem-tested with multiple people - his scenes with Allie, he even had a scene with Elle, I think there may have been one or two with Kelly. But once he and Sam shared that scene at the Prom, I figured that's where the writers were going. 

So I can't remember all of them but by the end of the season, I did have a handle on a few key characters:

Allie - girl whose sister was murdered and started running the new colony/community/whatever.

Harry - rich boy who becomes druggie who hated Cassandra, Allie's sister.

Kelly - Harry's ex-girlfriend. Girl who guy Allie liked, liked for awhile (strange I can't remember his name considering how integral he was to the whole season. I want to say it's Noah)

Campbell - Abusive psycho. Nuff said

Elle - Campbell's abused girlfriend

Sam - Campbell's brother 

Grizz - One of the jocks, gets involved with Sam 

Lexie - Girl who runs for mayor who really hates Allie

Gordy - Brainy guy who was in love with Cassandra 

Can't remember any of the other jocks names except for Clark who was the least important really. Go figure. 

I think I corrected my post, as you were responding. 🙂 The guy who liked Kelly was Will, I think. I think Bean is the girl scientist, and Luke is the one who proposed to his girlfriend. 

Edited by Anela
6 minutes ago, Anela said:

I think I corrected my post, as you were responding. 🙂 The guy who liked Kelly was Will, I think. I think Bean is the girl scientist, and Luke is the one who proposed to his girlfriend. 

Right. Where the hell did I get Noah from, lol. And yes, Luke. How could I forget his name when again he was so central for most of the season.

• Love 1
(edited)

Watched the show.
The final is shock-shock-shock ...

Spoiler

This was after all the parents of children showed? And then I can not remember what the parents looked like from the first series ... And what kind of a bunch of children are next to them? And a memorial plaque on the wall hangs ... So everyone who is in that strange place died?

Strange final. I really hope that in the second season they will place the maximum emphasis on the mysterious side of the incident, and not on the relationship between the guys.

And yes, in the story ... Sam - the best of all. If all the girls had such a gay friend, their life would be wonderful.

And Campbell can only be slaughtered. I was hoping to the last that he was not a completely bad person, but no. Sadist and psycho.

By the way, for me the most important problem of this TV show is that there are no ambiguous characters here. Therefore, I especially do not empathize with anyone. The good people here are more or less good, the bad people are bad until the end, the unfortunate unhappy until the end ... I want more character development, I want to look at their subcortex, in the heart ...

6/10

Edited by Friendly kitty
  • Love 1

I have three episodes to go. I'm going to leave the page open at the first of the three posts, and hope that it opens up to that again when I've finished.

5 hours ago, Melina22 said:

I

Hide contents

could be wrong but I think the dog was alive in the alternate world, with the adults. 

Spoiler

Yes, so I'm thinking there might be some portal between the two worlds and if the dog found it, so can the teens.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
Spoiler

I read a couple articles about the show and they specifically said that the dog was able to be in both worlds.  That the question with the reveal at the end (where the parents are living as if all the teens were killed) was to which universe was the punishment.  That they would not be flashing back and forth in the next season but the parents universe would be explored a bit.
They also alluded to the mystery not being the point of the show and it was all about the building of the society with the teens.
I kept thinking of Michael Grant's book Gone while watching and expected some of the kids to gain powers and/or disappear on their birthdays.