Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

I binged this whole thing today, after reading the premise in a "best shows you're not watching" article. I hadn't seen or heard a peep about it until then, which is terrible marketing on Netflix's part, because it's right up my alley. 

I will LOVE it if it turns out that Allie killed her sister. Until I read that brilliant theory here, I was pretty far over her character. Tbh, I was kind of disappointed she and Will didn't die in the finale. But if she's the killer, I'll reevaluate. (Generous of me, haha.) 

No idea what they're trying to do with Luke; his character is all over the map afaic. 

I was kind of disappointed when Campbell was revealed as a psychopath. Up to that point, he was a jerk, but also/mostly deeply weird. I love weird! So the hard turn to He's The Villain, Get It?? was a bummer. 

Love Sam and LOVE Grizz. They're my favorites by a long shot. 

I know the showrunners have signed off on the alternate universe, but I thought for sure the Peter Pan bit was a nod to purgatory / they're all dead. Too much interneting, I guess! 

Edited by IndyMischa
Epically bad typo.
  • Love 2

We have a full forum now. That means that this topic is now only for season 1 discussion. I have moved a few posts to our new media topic. You can start other topics if you want to discuss something about the show that doesn't fit into an existing topic.

On 5/14/2019 at 4:11 PM, truthaboutluv said:

That's why I am positive it was Allie. Cassandra's face wasn't just one of fear because someone was pointing a gun at her. It was one of confusion, hurt and fear. She knew who killed her very well. I will not be convinced otherwise, lol. 

On 5/15/2019 at 7:08 AM, Friendly kitty said:

That's why I am positive it was Allie. Cassandra's face wasn't just one of fear because someone was pointing a gun at her. It was one of confusion, hurt and fear. She knew who killed her very well. I will not be convinced otherwise, lol. 

Completely agree.   Cassandra's look of confusion and the motive for Allie always playing second fiddle seems like enough.  Also, when Allie thought she was dying from the poison, she turned to her side and said,  "tell my parents that I'm sorry."  There are other hints throughout that Allie murdered Cassandra.  When she talked about a time when she was younger and her mother told her she would get her turn.  Even the description of the Poseidon that she referenced to Elle, where she asked what person she was going to be.  Allie sees herself as the one who will rise to the top.  I think these are themes Allie lived by throughout her childhood.