Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

• Start Topic

On 5/13/2019 at 3:45 PM, Anela said:

So all of the guys become a problem? Even the ones who brought the girl home to be buried? Even the deaf boy? 

Threats of a sex strike - I've seen things in the news recently, with some saying, "It's only for certain guys, right??" It did leave me wondering how many would turn against women to that point, if women chose to  be celibate for a while. I don't think all men would, but given the misogynistic attitudes I've seen, no matter what party or "side" they identify with, I just wonder about some of them. 

They've shown girls being bitchy to each other, and almost hooking up with other girls' boyfriends. They aren't always shown in the best light, either. The one girl is easily manipulated by Campbell (the one the others in the little group, all agreed would be in the "kill" column). 

Didn't say all guys. Some. And the girls being catty or whatever doesn't compare to the shit the guys do on this show. That's the point. That's why I said I didn't feel a good balance. Not all the guys. I'm talking about the guys that are doing the fucked up shit. And there are a bunch of them.

• Useful 1
(edited)
Spoiler

Lexie,, Harry, and Luke are all idiots. Helena is an idiot for believing Luke. Clark was being Clark. You could see that one coming from a mile away. 

I don't know what Elle's little smile was about, after she played the piano. I felt bad for her, until that point - unless it was just because it was something she loved.

So their parents were in on it? Where did they get the little kids from? I can't see new couples, and families wanting to move to a town that lost all of its children. Or the eldest ones. That's still two-hundred children.

Grizz was my favourite of the guys. I can't remember the name of the girl who got into his tent, but I liked her, too.

Becca, Sam (?) and baby Eden. ❤️ Aw. Gordy and Kelly, I like them, too. 

Again; Luke is an idiot.

If Lexie thinks that farming will be easy, she's an even bigger idiot. They are not going to love her, if they're put to work there without choosing to be. What did they think was going to happen? Nobody was there to feed them, clean up, etc. Dumbasses. 

Allie was stupid for not listening to Lexie when she told her about them making her strip off in front of them. I can't even remember the name of the other boy there. He's just dumb. 

Lexie and Harry were too stupid to realize that Campbell wanted his girlfriend to abuse again? I know the story, but they all knew that he was screwed up. 

If there is a season two, which I'm sure there will be, given that Netflix cancelled a bunch of shows - the asshole parents need to be shown more. We need the backstory. 

1 hour ago, Racj82 said:

Didn't say all guys. Some. And the girls being catty or whatever doesn't compare to the shit the guys do on this show. That's the point. That's why I said I didn't feel a good balance. Not all the guys. I'm talking about the guys that are doing the fucked up shit. And there are a bunch of them.

They made some of the girls act like complete idiots, too. Lexie went along with it. Helena believed the lies. Lexie may not be a tyrant, or quite as stupid as Harry, but she still had a Queen Bee thing going on. She could have been honest, but she wanted to be one of the rulers of the town. She's a part of it. 

My thoughts are in the spoiler above the quoted post.  In addition to what I had to say, I could easily expect something like that to happen. They were teenage boys, and a psychopath manipulated them - those he knew wanted some of the power (more of the power). Luke - I hoped he was going to do something. He probably thinks that he will make things okay, but he won't.

If there is a second season. They'd better not leaving us hanging either where the kids are concerned, or with what the parents did. 

Edited by Anela
  • Love 2

I binged this series. It Wasn’t perfect but I liked it nonetheless . I’m going to go with the parallel universe theory. And there’s got to be a season two so they can explain everything they didn’t explain. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/17/2019 at 5:02 AM, meatball77 said:
  Hide contents

I read a couple articles about the show and they specifically said that the dog was able to be in both worlds.  That the question with the reveal at the end (where the parents are living as if all the teens were killed) was to which universe was the punishment.  That they would not be flashing back and forth in the next season but the parents universe would be explored a bit.

And these articles were from the director or screenwriter of the show? Or just thinking out loud from enlightened viewers?

Spoiler

And it turns out that the guys correctly understood that everything that happens to them is a punishment for their sins ... But are they  or their parents? Or all together?

I think all together. So, they will be able to return only when they understand all their mistakes ... When they learn to take care of each other, and not only think about themselves.

Edited by Friendly kitty
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 5/15/2019 at 3:38 PM, truthaboutluv said:

So I can't remember all of them but by the end of the season, I did have a handle on a few key characters:

Allie - girl whose sister was murdered and started running the new colony/community/whatever.

Harry - rich boy who becomes druggie who hated Cassandra, Allie's sister.

Kelly - Harry's ex-girlfriend. Girl who guy Allie liked, liked for awhile (strange I can't remember his name considering how integral he was to the whole season. I want to say it's Noah)

Campbell - Abusive psycho. Nuff said

Elle - Campbell's abused girlfriend

Sam - Campbell's brother 

Grizz - One of the jocks, gets involved with Sam 

Lexie - Girl who runs for mayor who really hates Allie

Gordy - Brainy guy who was in love with Cassandra 

Can't remember any of the other jocks names except for Clark who was the least important really. Go figure. 

Luke--head of the Guard who proposed marriage to his girlfriend, Helena

Helena--town pastor and That Bitch meaning she's quick to complain in private, but rarely does shit and never in public. She's also the only one with music actually downloaded, but it's all Jay Z.

Will--foster kid who runs the kitchen and in a relationship with Allie

Bean--Muslim girl and scientist

Clark--a member of the Guard and was in a relationship with head mean girl Gwen. Clark is a nascent psycho. He got massively turned on by executing Dewey, the kid convicted of murdering Cassandra. Clark is also the kid who beat the shit out of Dewey.

Becca--pregnant girl who is besties with Sam

Gwen--head mean girl who fakes that she's still in a relationship with Clark because she doesn't want to give up their private room. She tries to put the moves on Grizz during the search for farm land.

Jason--other main Guard dope who makes the decision that they need to support a coop coup; he's dating a biracial girl whose name I'm blanking on, but she's one of Gwen's mean girl clique.

Carla--she's a little heavier than the other girls; she has curly hair and Grizz improbably stopped to have a chat with her when they were arresting Dewey (that actually cracked me up)

Mickey--lived with Harry, made lemon bars, and was on Grizz' farm land crew

Shoe--some other dude in the Guard that I have facial blindness with

Gretchen--red haired diehard who narc'd on Harry missing work

On 5/12/2019 at 1:17 AM, Racj82 said:

I'm not sure why you are singling out the guys on the show for any behavior. There have been a wide range a reactions in the pilot but the main default was party! Which is a teenage thing. Not a guy thing. There was one overly hostile dude. That's about it. And he was the only one that had a problem listening or following orders from the older sister. He has a problem. Not a guy thing.

The pilot wasn't bad. Yes, Netflix already has a teens on their own show on their platform but this one at least hooked me better on first impression. 

This show does suffer from too many white people. In the sense that there are too many samesy looking people to keep track. 

One of many issues that comes up during the election is just how entitled these children are. They've never had to work. The community they came from really would have been very homogeneous and very white. The thing that was improbable is that any person in that school would not known how to pronounce the word "coup." Based on the kind of town this is roughly supposed to be, that's impossible. Also jocks who would have made up the Guard should have had way more lacrosse players.

The other big issue with how they functioned is that they were teenagers. We've learned in the past couple of decades that people's brains don't finish maturing until mid 20s. So even though these were 16, 17, and 18 year olds, they actually can be as emotionally immature as a 12 year old and there's research that supports this. Plus tons and tons of fear, testosterone, and a culture that doesn't encourage men to show emotions like fear because it might construed as weakness, probably pushed the guys who acted like fucking fools to act like fucking fools. The girls who acted out usually expressed that they were scared because women are socialized to express those kind of things.

This brings up a recurring motif in the show. When the issue of safety or the future came up, a male character would reflexively say they'd keep a the female character safe or protect the female character. The female character would challenge the guy and say that the guy couldn't promise to protect the girl from the unknown because they didn't know what might happen.

The other thing that was super interesting that the showrunner decided that there would be affirmative consent.

Why would anyone listen to Campbell? He's a very obvious psychopath. I sort of understood why Cassandra had people sharing houses, but it seems like there should be a middle ground between 1 person in a 5,000 square foot house and 20 people in a 5,000 square foot house. They might have had a lot fewer issues if kids at least felt like they had their own space they could go to. However, Campbell abd Harry still would have been awful.

I think I always felt like I couldn't trust Allie because the actress also played Castiel's awful daughter, Claire, on Supernatural. The writing was never strong for those episodes and the actress didn't have the skill to show the vulnerability beneath Claire's tough veneer.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Luke--head of the Guard who proposed marriage to his girlfriend, Helena

Helena--town pastor and That Bitch meaning she's quick to complain in private, but rarely does shit and never in public. She's also the only one with music actually downloaded, but it's all Jay Z.

Will--foster kid who runs the kitchen and in a relationship with Allie

Bean--Muslim girl and scientist

Clark--a member of the Guard and was in a relationship with head mean girl Gwen. Clark is a nascent psycho. He got massively turned on by executing Dewey, the kid convicted of murdering Cassandra. Clark is also the kid who beat the shit out of Dewey.

Becca--pregnant girl who is besties with Sam

Gwen--head mean girl who fakes that she's still in a relationship with Clark because she doesn't want to give up their private room. She tries to put the moves on Grizz during the search for farm land.

Jason--other main Guard dope who makes the decision that they need to support a coop coup; he's dating a biracial girl whose name I'm blanking on, but she's one of Gwen's mean girl clique.

Carla--she's a little heavier than the other girls; she has curly hair and Grizz improbably stopped to have a chat with her when they were arresting Dewey (that actually cracked me up)

Mickey--lived with Harry, made lemon bars, and was on Grizz' farm land crew

Shoe--some other dude in the Guard that I have facial blindness with

Gretchen--red haired diehard who narc'd on Harry missing work

One of many issues that comes up during the election is just how entitled these children are. They've never had to work. The community they came from really would have been very homogeneous and very white. The thing that was improbable is that any person in that school would not known how to pronounce the word "coup." Based on the kind of town this is roughly supposed to be, that's impossible. Also jocks who would have made up the Guard should have had way more lacrosse players.

The other big issue with how they functioned is that they were teenagers. We've learned in the past couple of decades that people's brains don't finish maturing until mid 20s. So even though these were 16, 17, and 18 year olds, they actually can be as emotionally immature as a 12 year old and there's research that supports this. Plus tons and tons of fear, testosterone, and a culture that doesn't encourage men to show emotions like fear because it might construed as weakness, probably pushed the guys who acted like fucking fools to act like fucking fools. The girls who acted out usually expressed that they were scared because women are socialized to express those kind of things.

This brings up a recurring motif in the show. When the issue of safety or the future came up, a male character would reflexively say they'd keep a the female character safe or protect the female character. The female character would challenge the guy and say that the guy couldn't promise to protect the girl from the unknown because they didn't know what might happen.

The other thing that was super interesting that the showrunner decided that there would be affirmative consent.

Why would anyone listen to Campbell? He's a very obvious psychopath. I sort of understood why Cassandra had people sharing houses, but it seems like there should be a middle ground between 1 person in a 5,000 square foot house and 20 people in a 5,000 square foot house. They might have had a lot fewer issues if kids at least felt like they had their own space they could go to. However, Campbell abd Harry still would have been awful.

I think I always felt like I couldn't trust Allie because the actress also played Castiel's awful daughter, Claire, on Supernatural. The writing was never strong for those episodes and the actress didn't have the skill to show the vulnerability beneath Claire's tough veneer.

Oh, I didn't realize that Gwen was one of the mean girls. I thought that was Lexie. Was she the one to turn Elle away in the first episode? 

15 minutes ago, Anela said:

Oh, I didn't realize that Gwen was one of the mean girls. I thought that was Lexie. Was she the one to turn Elle away in the first episode? 

I believe it was Gwen, but I'd have to go back and check.

• Love 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Even though Campbell is an almost over the top psycho, I'm not surprised he got people to listen to him/do his bidding/follow him/ leave him alone. He is, in typical psychopath fashion, intelligent and a master manipulator. Plus, being that most of these kids are young, inexperienced, and sheltered, they probably mostly see him as a kind of weird loner, not a danger. People in general like to stick their heads in the sand and avoid unpleasant things if they can; there was a lot of that going in the show.

I do think they were too quick to push the communal living. It seemed like they didn't have a say in who they lived with, which likely was further salt in the wound. 

Edited by HeySandyStrange
  • Love 3
On 5/17/2019 at 5:10 PM, Anela said:

I hope that Elle didn't plan all of that, with Campbell. I really believed her, and her concern when she received that text. 

That would be a huge twist. It was Elle's idea for Allie to arrest her, maybe that was part of the plan.

I didn't really buy Jason and Clark towards the end.  In the interrogation scene Clark seemed surprised that Jason made Lexie change. 

Did anyone else think that Campbell is the father of Becca's baby? 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/19/2019 at 1:39 PM, non sequitur said:

That would be a huge twist. It was Elle's idea for Allie to arrest her, maybe that was part of the plan.

Elle being part of Campbell's big takeover plan doesn't work for the main reason that they showed us how genuinely terrified she is of him to the point that she very clearly was trying to murder him with the pie.

Yes, I know abuse victims get stockholmed and sometimes help their abuser but they didn't need Elle "arrested" for Campbell's whole coup plan. The same thing could have happened without that part, as we saw that what really turned the tide on Allie was their forcing Luke to lie and say he heard Allie and Will planning to rig the election votes. That and Lexie getting pissed off enough after the way Clarke and the other guy treated her, to want to win the election. 

I also think Elle's words to Allie after spitting in her face were clearly coded in their meaning, as in she would try to do whatever it took to make things right and stop Campbell. 

I've seen that theory a few places online and I see the merits of the argument because I can definitely understand Becca not wanting to admit who her baby's father is, if it's Campbell. The thing is, a big part of that speculation is based on some mishearing the part where Kelly says that the baby has Becca's eyes.

Some thought she said the baby had Sam's eyes and so they theorized that since we know for a fact that Sam is not the baby's father, despite telling others he is, then perhaps the baby's eyes were similar to his because he and Campbell are brothers. But again, what Kelly actually said was that the baby had Becca's eyes. 

I've also seen some theorize that maybe she was raped by one of the parents just because of the fact that she said "it doesn't matter now anyway" at one point when Sam was asking again about the father. Some figured that that was because they're now in the town with the parents seemingly having vanished. And so if it was one of the kids' father then she figures what's the point of admitting that now. 

Btw, I know it's done for drama's sake but can I say the whole storyline of Sam pretending to be the baby's father is just stupid, just because all of the kids know Sam is gay.

Gwen's reaction on finding out Sam is apparently the father was hilarious and when her friend hit her when they were walking away after seeing Becca, Gwen very reasonably says, "come on, we all know he's gay". 

It's fine if Becca doesn't want to tell people who the baby's father is and fine if Sam wants to be there for her but all they had to say was it was someone Becca was dating or spending time with from another school, so obviously that means he's not there since they're all cut off from the real world and now Sam will help her. Them dragging this Sam is the father nonsense storyline to the point that Sam is not even telling Grizz that he's not is just stupid. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 6
26 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Some thought she said the baby had Sam's eyes and so they theorized that since we know for a fact that Sam is not the baby's father, despite telling others he is, then perhaps the baby's eyes were similar to his because he and Campbell are brothers. But again, what Kelly actually said was that the baby had Becca's eyes. 

That's what I thought, too. Her little smile just confused me. 

I could see Becca wanting to keep the baby a secret from Campbell, if he was the father. 

Regarding Becca's baby, I definitely think there was something sinister  behind it's conception. Whether it was rape or a really regrettable hookup is up in the air. I would think if it was Campbell, he'd know or at least have a good idea it was his. Becca, unless I missed something, didn't strike me as someone with a rep for hooking or dating a lot.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, HeySandyStrange said:

I do think they were too quick to push the communal. It seemed like they didn't have a say in who they lived with, which likely was further salt in the wound. 

Absolutely. I think the communal eating was a no brainer and wouldn't have caused too much of a conflict, especially as it seemed to be operationalized as group meals and a smaller amount of rations. However, the communal living is another thing entirely. If someone has a 5 bedroom house, it shouldn't be that hard to find 4 - 9 other kids they'd like to live with. I especially think the disparities between houses like Harry's and the house Dewey and Carla were living in, which seemed to have 20 people living in each of them, and Allie and Cassandra's house, which had the sisters, Will, Sam, Becca, Bean, and Gordie, was jarring. One has 20 strangers and another has 7 friends and relatives. They didn't need to have 4 kids in a bedroom. They needed 2 at most and that would have been a huge adjustment for most of these kids.

1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

I've also seen some theorize that maybe she was raped by one of the parents just because of the fact that she said "it doesn't matter now anyway" at one point when Sam was asking again about the father. Some figured that that was because they're now in the town with the parents seemingly having vanished. And so if it was one of the kids' father then she figures what's the point of admitting that now. 

This was my belief too. I could see Becca thinking there was no point in bringing it up if it was a parent. If it's a kid from another town or school, it just seems like she wouldn't be so angry and defensive.

I would have thought that Becca wouldn't have gone anywhere near Campbell, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut the twist at the end of the season shows that I should never underestimate Campbell and overestimate these dopes. I guess I'd want to go back and watch Sam's reveal that Campbell is a psychopath. Everyone is shocked, but I'd want to see if Becca and Allie were significantly less shocked than the others. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, non sequitur said:

That was my first thought too but as @HeySandyStrange said, I think Campbell would have likely questioned whether he could be the father. The spec that one of the teen's father's is the dad is fantastic and I think that's probably correct.

20 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Btw, I know it's done for drama's sake but can I say the whole storyline of Sam pretending to be the baby's father is just stupid, just because all of the kids know Sam is gay.

I don't really think the fact that all the teens suspect Sam is gay really makes it implausible that he could be Becca's baby daddy. They're best friends and perhaps they could have hooked up because Sam was trying to prove he wasn't gay or for any number of reasons. What was utterly stupid imo was Sam not telling Grizz and now Grizz and Sam acting like they can never be together because of it.

I'm not sure if I actually liked this show or not but I know I really wanted to keep watching and that I hope it gets another season lol.

I was expecting this to be more about the mystery/sci-fi ish elements so I think that's why I can't decide if I like it or not. It's really just a teen drama basically. The writers even pretty much said that they don't care that much about the logistics of where they are are lol.

Just now, peachmangosteen said:

I don't really think the fact that all the teens suspect Sam is gay really makes it implausible that he could be Becca's baby daddy.

It's not suspected though. I may be wrong but I got the impression Sam is publicly out. As in it's not a maybe or secret to everyone that he's gay. Grizz is the one who's in the closet. And like I said, that's why even Gwen looked like, "wtf" when she and her friends walked away from seeing Becca because they're all like, "Sam, her gay best friend is the baby's father". 

I just hate contrived drama and I definitely think this is a perfect example of it, just to create "angst" in the Sam and Grizz relationship. And admittedly the actors did an awesome job and so it was very well acted angst but still stupid.

Like I said, all Becca had to say was the father is some guy she was seeing from another school and no one would question that because well it's not like she could tell said guy since they've been transported or dropped off in some other world, cut off from everyone else. 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:
21 hours ago, non sequitur said:

That was my first thought too but as @HeySandyStrange said, I think Campbell would have likely questioned whether he could be the father. The spec that one of the teen's father's is the dad is fantastic and I think that's probably correct

If we are going with the father being one of the adults in the town, how about Sam and Campbell's dad? Being as Becca is Sam's best friend, she likely would've spent a lot of time around his family, giving their dad the time and access to groom and rape (statutory or otherwise) her. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, HeySandyStrange said:

If we are going with the father being one of the adults in the town, how about Sam and Campbell's dad? Being as Becca is Sam's best friend, she likely would've spent a lot of time around his family, giving their dad the time and access to groom and rape (statutory or otherwise) her. 

Makes sense and it would also explain why she would DEFINITELY not want to tell Sam who the father is then. 

• Love 1

Apparently Kathryn Newton (Allie) knows who the father of Becca's baby is and here's what she had to say about it: (source)

Spoiler

"It's really serious. Like, you're not going to believe it. It's the biggest twist ever," Newton teased. "Who it is meant to be, who I know it is, even for Allie, it's like, are you kidding? So it connects to everyone. It's a big one."

• Love 1
On 5/20/2019 at 6:03 PM, peachmangosteen said:

Apparently Kathryn Newton (Allie) knows who the father of Becca's baby is and here's what she had to say about it: (source)

Hide contents

"It's really serious. Like, you're not going to believe it. It's the biggest twist ever," Newton teased. "Who it is meant to be, who I know it is, even for Allie, it's like, are you kidding? So it connects to everyone. It's a big one."

Spoiler

So it's the bus driver lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Why was no one on this show more curious about the fact that they still have cell service and electricity but there's no one to run those services? They're happily texting and not trying to get to the bottom of how they are still texting.

Then they assume it's a parallel world and not that they were in a bus crash and ended up in purgatory or some such thing. I don't know, I just got the feeling that they're all dead, and the final scene of the series only made that seem more clear, but apparently the parallel world concept is confirmed by the writers?

Weird. I'm not religious but I'd have bet money on them all being stuck in purgatory.

• Love 2

I am really trying not to read the rest of the comments here, but I watched the first episode, and I thought it was pretty good. The actors seem solid enough, the mystery is intriguing, and I do have a weakness for teen drama, especially teens in a weird situation. 

I have two main theories as to what might be going on, even though they are both kinda vague and probably wont have anything to do with anything. 

My first theory is that the kids all died on the buses, and this is some kind of purgatory/afterlife, and any kid that dies either moves on to whatever is next in the afterlife, or they go back to the land of the living after being in a coma or something. Yeah, the "they were deal all along" twist is pretty common, but it might explain the biblical stuff and the general weirdness. 

My second theory, which might be more of a general theme or idea as much as a theory on the actual plot, or maybe it IS the plot, but this could be an update on the story of the Piped Piper of Hamelin, just from the perspective of the missing kids. The gross smell was the rats, the town council hired someone to get rid of the smell, tried to renege, and that person used some supernatural something or another to spirit the teens away to some pocket dimension, taking them from their parents. The thing that makes me make that connection is the name of the town, West Ham, which certainly does sound like an Anglicized version of Hamelin. 

But I dont know where the bible quotes come in, why the coin landed on tales a million times, or if the girl died because people who try to go too far die, or whatever. Still, should be interesting to see where it goes!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

My second theory, which might be more of a general theme or idea as much as a theory on the actual plot, or maybe it IS the plot, but this could be an update on the story of the Piped Piper of Hamelin, just from the perspective of the missing kids. The gross smell was the rats, the town council hired someone to get rid of the smell, tried to renege, and that person used some supernatural something or another to spirit the teens away to some pocket dimension, taking them from their parents. The thing that makes me make that connection is the name of the town, West Ham, which certainly does sound like an Anglicized version of Hamelin. 

That sounds like a good theory. An additional clue is the name of the bus driver / smell removal guy. Pfeifer is German for piper.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

Well, probably not Emmy material, but as good as I could have hoped for, for a lazy weekend binge.  I know there were a lot of "why didn't they's", but I'll just have to go with it for now.   (If there's another season, please don't be another "Wayward Pines".) The Pied Piper angle is pretty interesting.

I was thinking it seemed odd that there was exactly one Muslim in town, but I guess this was just one or two classes from the high school (I think they said "kids over 16" were going on the field trip), so maybe she had other family members.

I have a terrible time keeping up with names and faces, but apparently I have excellent "TV-gaydar", because as soon as I saw Grizz and Sam in a scene together, I though, yeah, that's gonna happen.  (I got the same vibe on "The Red Line", if anyone watched that.)  Maybe it's just that there are so few gay characters in general, that when there are any two on the same show, you know they're going to end up together.  Will and Grace excepted, bless their hearts.

• Love 1

It was a good show to mindlessly binge. Kinda reminded me of the 100. Bunch of teens stranded having to fend for themselves. 

I cant stand Will. Every episode he bugged me. 

Why do their phones still work? Wouldn't their phone plans eventually run out. 

Sam pretending to be the father seems dumb in the long run. Why cant he at least tell Grizz. 

Campbell being the father seems predictable since thats what a lot of people are theorizing.  

Hope there is another season.

2 hours ago, backhometome said:

I cant stand Will. Every episode he bugged me. 

+1. I'm glad I'm not alone. I really liked the actor in all the vids they have on the Netflix youtube channel, but I could not stand that character. I mean, almost all the characters bugged at points, but Will was deeply annoying at all times.

Speaking of the Netflix youtube channel, there are several videos with the cast on there for anyone who's missing The Society related content lol.

• Love 2

I didn't much care for Will either. He had this weird sort of entitlement. It showed up with both of the girls he was interested in. "Eh, I'm a good guy. You should want to date me." And he sort of just ends up in his position overseeing the kitchen without the show making a compelling case for why him as opposed to anyone else.

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

And he sort of just ends up in his position overseeing the kitchen without the show making a compelling case for why him as opposed to anyone else.

Far as I can tell, it seemed to be based on nothing more than he could cook but I'd be surprised if none of these other kids could cook. But who knows, maybe he worked in a restaurant or something since he was a foster kid and clearly not as privileged as many of the other kids. 

But yeah, wasn't really a big fan of the character either. Honestly, I was meh on both Will and Allie. I do think it's interesting that there seems to be a big Allie/Harry shipping group based on what I've seen on social media. 

13 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Far as I can tell, it seemed to be based on nothing more than he could cook but I'd be surprised if none of these other kids could cook. But who knows, maybe he worked in a restaurant or something since he was a foster kid and clearly not as privileged as many of the other kids. 

But yeah, wasn't really a big fan of the character either. Honestly, I was meh on both Will and Allie. I do think it's interesting that there seems to be a big Allie/Harry shipping group based on what I've seen on social media. 

I'm from the northeast and graduated from high school 20 years ago. I've always gone to private and prep schools. Even then, most kids could make a dish or two. With the rise of foodie culture, social media, and a way to monetize hobbies, there's absolutely no way that Will is the only one with real cooking skills. I even know a couple of the kids became chefs despite growing up with tens of millions and in one case billions in family wealth.

Was Bean the one who told the dolts that they needed to defrost the turkeys before deep frying them? If so, that's very much been my experience too. Unless they are royalty or nobility, rich kids of color where both parents are foreign born usually know how to cook. I had a couple of Southeast Asian female classmates who did not know how to clean, do laundry, or take a bus, but their mothers were insistent that the girls learn how to cook if only to instruct their live in how to prepare dishes to their liking.

I don't like Allie either, but Harry is a characterologically weak person. He's not dumb. He sees what Campbell is doing. He sees it coming, but he's so weak and hopeless that he lets it happen anyway. I'd like him to show a little backbone and empathy before, I'd think about shipping the two. 

• Love 1
(edited)

My mum taught me to cook, do laundry, etc. She worked a lot of overtime, and that, "ohh, I'm old enough to make my own tea!" quickly becomes you making tea for everyone who comes to the house, and not so much of a good thing. But she needed the help, and I was fine cooking dinner. 

We've never had a lot of money, but her mum did everything like that, when she was growing up, so she didn't want me to be unprepared. 

Edited by Anela
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Honestly, I was meh on both Will and Allie. I do think it's interesting that there seems to be a big Allie/Harry shipping group based on what I've seen on social media. 

I mostly can't stand Allie either. At first I thought it was just because I was being shallow about her eyebrows and voice, but then I realized she just kinda sucks lol. I figured Allie/Harry would be a popular ship. I kinda liked them at first, but then that like waned.

I actually like Harry/Kelly tbh. Harry sucks, but I still kinda like him because I love a cliche and Kelly is hands down my fave character.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I mostly can't stand Allie either. At first I thought it was just because I was being shallow about her eyebrows and voice, but then I realized she just kinda sucks lol. I figured Allie/Harry would be a popular ship. I kinda liked them at first, but then that like waned.

I actually like Harry/Kelly tbh. Harry sucks, but I still kinda like him because I love a cliche and Kelly is hands down my fave character.

I am not surprised either by Harry and Allie being poplar. I do not ship them but Harry had a nice moment with her. When Allie said to him that maybe in another universe or world they were friends. He had a nice moment where he said that would be nice.  I wish we saw more of that from him then the bad rich boy act we got. 

• Love 3

Only finished ep 2 and haven't been spoiled by your comments.  Like the premise, but it stars my least favorite age group,  teenagers.  Old enough to get into trouble, not old enough to know better.

Lots of cliché characters.... the mean guy, the good looking party guy, his girlfriend who seems nice and you can't understand why she's with him, but goes her own way to somewhere more sensitive when things go downhill.  The nutty girl who sits on a bench waiting.  The smart girl who most no one wants to listen to.   A person with a disability who is nice.  And a whole host of partying guys and girls. 

Have seen this before, except now they are put into an apocalyptic situation.  Will they do anything with it and or is this predictable?

We know more will come to their senses and quit the partying and start trying to live and be smart.  We know some will resist and there will be violence.  Probably a murder or accidental killing.  

But, can they add anything new?  We will see.

The police vs. fugitives segment was silly.  The fugitives run away and where do they hide?  Nowhere, they run down the middle of the streets or hide behind a bush on the side of a house.  Really?  Inside a structure or behind something where a car can't come was beyond them?

I'm going for ep 3 and have yet to decide if I can make it through the whole series.  So far, average grade.  The premise and the mood is good.  Empty streets, stores and schools that are usually full are creepy.  The characters are cliché and it remains to be seen if that can change. 

• Love 2

So, I just finished the series and overall, I thought it was decent. I'd tune in for a second season, which I feel is inevitable.

I thought most of the characters sucked; only some really captured my attention. I like Helena a lot; she's easily my favourite character. Grizz was great, although what docks him points is how offended he was about the Sam/Becca baby reveal. I get part of his reaction. He was upset that Sam didn't tell him in the months that they were getting close. But how they portrayed it on the show, it felt over the top. Sam was a good character as well. I like how so many people knew enough sign language to be able to communicate some things with him. And I liked Kelly. She didn't have much to do at first but she really found her place in their new home as the resident doctor with Gordie. 

As for everyone else...a big fat meh to them. Becca was increasingly annoying, especially by the end of the season. I will chalk it up to her being pregnant but she was really grating on my nerves by the last three episodes. When season 2 rolls around, I hope she'll be a bit different. 

Harry was such a spineless coward. I didn't end up hating him, to my surprise, but he's far from a character I actually like. I ended up sympathizing with Elle but it took me a LONG time to get there (I only sympathized with her by episode eight). Allie is a hit or miss character for me. She's meant to be polarizing, much like with other characters, but I think that she was fine....when she wasn't around Will.

Which brings me to the biggest flaw of the show: Will. He's such a bad character that I'm unable to know whether we're actually supposed to like him or not. I know Allie had her issues, but I didn't realize until the end of the season, but Will was actively manipulating Allie into making some really poor decisions. I know she rightfully pointed out that she needed to make her own decisions by the end, and then the whole coup happened, but Will was such a shit character to me. Between flip flopping between Kelly and Allie to convincing Allie to do things she didn't necessarily want to do to being an annoying useless character in general, I would not be disappointed if he did get killed off somehow. He's my third disliked character, behind Clark and Campbell, of course. But at least Campbell is an interesting villain; Will's not even supposed to be a villain!

Gordie needed to grow on me. I think what they did originally with Gordie/Cassandra was what turned me off of him. But then he grew on me after what happened to Cassandra. But when he was trying to get with Cassandra, boy turned into a mild douchebag. 

Back to Allie, I went back and forth on her, but I think she did have a really hard job at keeping peace with everyone while also trying to get them all to survive. I actually didn't find her nearly as bad of a character as I expected. She definitely made some shitty choices, though, like how she handled Lexie's humiliation by the Guard. 

I think the show hit some solid notes in terms of governing and politics. I think Allie brought up some good points by the end with Lexie when she realized she was not winning the election (before the coup). And Lexie seemed to realize that as well by the end, that she'd have to keep running things like Allie did. 

Honestly, I thought it was a decent start to the series. The choices on what happened seem obvious. There's only so many paths they can take, so hopefully it's less about the mystery and more about how they're going to get themselves out of the place that they're in. 

Finally, in terms of Becca's baby? I agree that the most obvious choice is Campbell or one of the teen's dads. But what if it's someone else in town? Maybe one of the jocks? Someone online brought up Luke as a possibility, or Jason. I don't necessarily believe either of those, but it certainly would be shocking! 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Finally, in terms of Becca's baby? I agree that the most obvious choice is Campbell or one of the teen's dads. But what if it's someone else in town? Maybe one of the jocks? Someone online brought up Luke as a possibility, or Jason. I don't necessarily believe either of those, but it certainly would be shocking! 

I think Becca's phrasing of "it doesn't matter" when Sam asked who the father was is a hint that it's someone who didn't join them in the parallel town. I'm guessing one of the parents to further drive conflict but who knows. We did see that picture of Becca drunk at that party so they may end up revealing that it was one of the boys in New Ham and she was raped. The reason the boy in question hasn't revealed himself is because he hasn't given her another thought since. In this scenario I would point to one of the lesser Guard members like Clark since they aren't too bright. I think Campbell would absolutely do the math and realize it's him once Becca's pregnancy got out plus he'd have harassed Becca after the fact just because so I don't think it's him. Luke would be the guy who would insist it was consensual and think rape happens when the bogeyman jumps out of the shadows. He also seems to only have eyes for Helena and wouldn't think to do the math so it may be a misdirect. Right now I'd say it's not Luke and his primary story is to find his spine against Harry and the rest of the Guard. If I'm right about it being an adult then I think the reveal will come when they figure out how to go home and be part of that fallout.

I've thought about this show a lot since I finished watching and I keep coming back to Peter Pan being read to those kids to foreshadow the next season/rest of the series. Right now they're all Lost Boys and Girls but will some split off and become the show's version of the pirates? And, if so, who gets to be the Captain Hook? Harry is definitely one of them but I can't decide which suits him best. It does occur to me that, depending on which he is, that can make Campbell either the crocodile or Tinkerbell and both amuse me. Watch this be the only reference to Peter Pan and I'm just overthinking.

My favorite characters ended up being Kelly, Gordie, Sam, Grizz, and Helena so I hope they get some great stuff next season. I love Kelly and Gordie training each other to be doctors and there's a ton of stuff that can come from that. Hopefully they'll train some nurses for their practice. I think Sam won't tell Grizz the truth out of respect for Becca and the fact that he is the baby's father in every way that will matter. Grizz will be busy with the farm so they may even delay any reunion but I hope not. Those two were sweet. As for Helena I hope she learns the truth about the coup early on and kicks Luke's ass for participating before doing what she can to keep Harry and Campbell from screwing everything up.

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

I think Becca's phrasing of "it doesn't matter" when Sam asked who the father was is a hint that it's someone who didn't join them in the parallel town. I'm guessing one of the parents to further drive conflict but who knows. We did see that picture of Becca drunk at that party so they may end up revealing that it was one of the boys in New Ham and she was raped. The reason the boy in question hasn't revealed himself is because he hasn't given her another thought since. In this scenario I would point to one of the lesser Guard members like Clark since they aren't too bright. I think Campbell would absolutely do the math and realize it's him once Becca's pregnancy got out plus he'd have harassed Becca after the fact just because so I don't think it's him. Luke would be the guy who would insist it was consensual and think rape happens when the bogeyman jumps out of the shadows. He also seems to only have eyes for Helena and wouldn't think to do the math so it may be a misdirect. Right now I'd say it's not Luke and his primary story is to find his spine against Harry and the rest of the Guard. If I'm right about it being an adult then I think the reveal will come when they figure out how to go home and be part of that fallout.

Fair point on this. It's hard to say because Becca doesn't really interact with many people one-on-one, outside of Sam and Kelly. I still think it has to be one of the teen's dads, but since the only adult that seems to have any significance is Harry's mother (besides the bus driver, who we know ISN'T the dad), it's hard to guess who it could be. I guess Campbell and Sam's dad, as well as Allie's dad, are important too....but I'd think Becca would be less friendly with Allie or Sam if one of their fathers raped her (not because it's any of their faults but because she'd subconsciously associate them with her rapist). We just have so little information on the adults so it's hard to even attempt to guess who the baby daddy could be out of the so few options that we have. 

48 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

My favorite characters ended up being Kelly, Gordie, Sam, Grizz, and Helena so I hope they get some great stuff next season. I love Kelly and Gordie training each other to be doctors and there's a ton of stuff that can come from that. Hopefully they'll train some nurses for their practice. I think Sam won't tell Grizz the truth out of respect for Becca and the fact that he is the baby's father in every way that will matter. Grizz will be busy with the farm so they may even delay any reunion but I hope not. Those two were sweet. As for Helena I hope she learns the truth about the coup early on and kicks Luke's ass for participating before doing what she can to keep Harry and Campbell from screwing everything up.

Well, Sam/Grizz did kiss goodbye before Grizz left to find a farm, so I'd say that they already reunited. 

Helena definitely needs to knock some sense into her fiance. But they did set up an arc for Luke next season. The jocks seem to have something big on Luke, with the whole "we've helped you...on the field and off" so it sounds like whatever they have on Luke, it's why he went along with the coup and became the person to convince everyone about the lie. I wonder what the big thing is that the jocks helped Luke with. The whole "off the field" stuff sounds suspicious. Does it have to do with Helena? Or someone else? Whatever it is, it's something Luke wants to keep quiet. That's part of the reason why I wondered if Luke was the father of Becca's baby, but then I'd assume the jocks would have put two and two together, so that can't be it. So Luke's big secret is something else.

Harry is such a spineless coward, but he's obviously a major character, with his mother being the adult shown in the final scene. I do want to like him more but he really needs to step it up and do something really good for me to like him. I know people ship him and Allie. I have to say that I do prefer Allie/Harry to Allie/Will (god, Will sucks ass), but it's not like they're a great option either. 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

The whole "off the field" stuff sounds suspicious. Does it have to do with Helena? Or someone else? Whatever it is, it's something Luke wants to keep quiet. That's part of the reason why I wonder if Luke was the father of Becca's baby, but then I'd assume the jocks would have put two and two together, so that can't be it. So Luke's big secret is something else.

I'll admit my first thought was that they were referring to helping Luke cheat on tests or something. The usual bullshit that high school jocks get away with. Maybe Luke has cheated on Helena but with consenting classmates? Gwen's group would drop their boyfriends in a second if Luke showed them interest so maybe he's hooked up at parties when Helena hasn't joined him and his teammates have helped him not get caught? OH! Maybe that's how Clark and the other guy got their girlfriends in the first place? If Luke hasn't been the devoted boyfriend after all then that would be a big thing. Especially since he does seem to be fully committed to Helena now that they're in New Ham.

I did wonder why Campbell and Harry didn't just threaten Helena to get Luke to fall in line so either there's something else coming or they did and it was so bad that they kept it offscreen for a Luke/Helena confrontation?

17 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Well, Sam/Grizz did kiss goodbye before Grizz left to find a farm, so I'd say that they already reunited. 

I was thinking more of them being a known couple. This may turn out to be moot and they tell everyone in the first five minutes of season 2. It would certainly bring in a whole new set of problems in general and especially with Campbell in power.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

I'll admit my first thought was that they were referring to helping Luke cheat on tests or something. The usual bullshit that high school jocks get away with. Maybe Luke has cheated on Helena but with consenting classmates? Gwen's group would drop their boyfriends in a second if Luke showed them interest so maybe he's hooked up at parties when Helena hasn't joined him and his teammates have helped him not get caught? OH! Maybe that's how Clark and the other guy got their girlfriends in the first place? If Luke hasn't been the devoted boyfriend after all then that would be a big thing. Especially since he does seem to be fully committed to Helena now that they're in New Ham.

I thought that too, the cheating on tests thing, and I think that's a viable theory. I don't know if Luke would be a cheater in terms of with other girls, but it's not like it's not possible. I'm definitely not ruling that theory out.

For me, I think I'd rather Luke wasn't cheating on his girlfriend. I'd like for them to be one of the few stable couples on the show. I actually like the character of Luke and do like he has this big secret. However, I don't want it to be a secret that makes him to be a really shitty person like Harry or Clark or Jason. I'd like a balance of actually good jocks and piece of shit jocks. We already have Grizz as a good guy. I'd like for Luke to be the other good guy. He seemed to care when Emily died back in episode 1, and he was shaken up when he thought his bullet killed Dewey in episode six. Making him a cheater would really sour my opinion of him, since there are so few guys on this show that I actually like. 

25 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

I was thinking more of them being a known couple. This may turn out to be moot and they tell everyone in the first five minutes of season 2. It would certainly bring in a whole new set of problems in general and especially with Campbell in power.

It's be interesting to see what they do. Honestly, I'm interested in seeing Becca's reaction to Sam/Grizz. I want to say that she'd be supportive...but I dunno, I get the vibe that she may be bitchy and jealous if Sam starts spending more time with Grizz. Maybe it's because of her reaction when Sam "slept through Thanksgiving" that makes me think that her initial reaction will be negative, but....I find that I don't really like Becca. We don't really know much about her either because her role has been pregnant girl and Sam's best friend. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

For me, I think I'd rather Luke wasn't cheating on his girlfriend

Totally agree. I found them to be sweet and believable. The entirety of their arc worked for me, especially Luke's official proposal, so I hope neither has ever even thought about cheating on the other and all my speculation remains just that.

7 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I'm interested in seeing Becca's reaction to Sam/Grizz.

Same. I think she'll ultimately be supportive but her initial reaction will be jealousy that they found each other combined with fear of losing Sam.

• Love 2

I thought they were sweet, but it looked like he was going to cheat on her, possibly, with the girl who died in the first episode. They were spending time together at,and after the party. At the same time as Allie was hooking up with Harry. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I find that I don't really like Becca. 

Yea same. I liked her a lot at first but she became increasingly annoying with each episode.

1 hour ago, Anela said:

I thought they were sweet, but it looked like he was going to cheat on her, possibly, with the girl who died in the first episode. They were spending time together at,and after the party.

OK so Luke was the one with that girl. I thought so, but then I started to question it. I thought they were kinda trying to set something up between them and I didn't even realize Luke and Helena were a couple lol.

@Lady Calypso Which one is Jason? There are too many characters; I can barely remember half of them lol.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

@Lady Calypso Which one is Jason? There are too many characters; I can barely remember half of them lol.

Um....it took me about nine episodes to even notice him, let alone remember his name. But the jock who's not Clark or Luke that they hang out with. Just think of all the jocks you know and then it's the guy that you don't know. Although, to be fair, I still have trouble placing Clark....I kind of have to remember that Clark's the guy with the deep voice and was happily beating on Dewey. And he was with Gwen, the chick who I only remember due to the finale episode, where she finally made an impression when she was cuddling with Grizz. These interchangeable face characters need to hang out with my favourite characters more. That way. I'll actually remember them!

He typically hangs out with Clark. I don't think he's really done anything specific to remember him.  The only thing he's done is be part of the Execution Squad that killed Dewey and then went on and on with his girlfriend (another forgettable face; she's one of the chicks in the Mean Girl group) about how shooting Dewey made him feel like a god or some shit like that. I only know this because I just skimmed through the episode again.

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

OK so Luke was the one with that girl. I thought so, but then I started to question it. I thought they were kinda trying to set something up between them and I didn't even realize Luke and Helena were a couple lol.

Honestly, I didn't realize that was Luke until I was done the season. To be fair, it took me five episodes to put the name to the face so....

But yeah, I'm not sure whether we were genuinely supposed to read into Luke's relationship with the girl or not. It seems like Helena/Luke are a stable enough couple where he wasn't cheating on her, even when she wasn't sleeping with him. Man, I'm gonna be heartbroken if it's revealed that Luke has cheated on Helena because he couldn't wait for her to have sex with him or something like that. I like that Luke isn't a cliche douchebro right now, much like Grizz.

• Love 2

I don't think he actually did anything, just that he was tempted. Helena wasn't there at the party, the first night, when they all made a mess of the church - that's when the other girl was sitting there, and started a conversation with him. Then she died, and he realized how lucky he was to have his girlfriend - she was one of the best characters, until she fell for his lie (because he's her fiance - I get it, but I don't like it, since she knew that he was jealous, and wanted to be in charge). 

• Love 1

Oh yeah, I totally called it! Modern take on the Pied Piper story! Parents hired magic guy to get rid of smell, skimped on the deal, so he took some of the kids off to this pocket dimension to get back at the parents. Maybe this is also a test of the kids as well? To see if they can be less selfish and crappy than their parents when they are pushed out of their comfort zone and dont have their parents around to influence them? And while they arent exactly nailing this whole democracy thing, they also are not quite eating each other or dancing around in tribal paint worshiping a pigs head on a stick, so they could certainly be doing worse.  

I liked this show and I am very interested to see what a second season brings, especially now knowing a bit more about what is happening. Maybe they could do one episode or half an episode focusing on the people in the town that were left behind? I cut the kids and their dumb or selfish choices a certain amount of slack, especially listening to a known psycho like Campbell, considering it seems like before this happened, they were rather sheltered and privileged teens from a wealthy town that had mostly stable and happy homes, so they are really not prepared to deal with most of this kind of manipulation and lies or a situation this crazy. That being said, I hope the come around soon and realize that Ali trying to commit election fraud is all kinds of bullcrap. I dont dislike Ali, and she is doing her best in a terrible situation, but she made some really bad choices as town leader. First, the communal living was probably something that should have been up for debate. It seems like a no brainer to share food and chores, that all makes sense, but making people share their houses when there are empty or almost empty giant houses around just seems ridiculous, especially when you have some kids living with just a few people, or having their own rooms, and some kids cramped like twenty into a room. Second, she should not have told Luke that he couldn't run for mayor. Third, she should have taken Lexi more seriously when she told her about the whole messed up interrogation. She did get to a point where she seems like she didnt really take peoples requests seriously or blew them off, and that understandably pissed people off. Yeah she does not like Lexi, but if she had taken her seriously and done something, things might have never escalated so much.

It was kind of hilarious how the group who went out to explore got back to the new hot mess in New Ham. Like, holy crap you guys missed a LOT of shit going down. I found the kids attempts at doing new things whole still in their high school mindset to be rather endearing, like sending the scout team off like its a pep rally or their Thanksgiving day football game and dinner to be rather endearing and cute, but they are also still kids who are deeply unprepared to live on their own, probably even in the real world, and people still in a high school mindset in life or death situations is a pretty dangerous combination.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/25/2019 at 1:20 AM, rideashire said:

Why was no one on this show more curious about the fact that they still have cell service and electricity but there's no one to run those services? They're happily texting and not trying to get to the bottom of how they are still texting.

That was one of the plot holes in the show: where is all the power coming from?   Even if there was a power plant in town it still needs fuel from somewhere.  While hydroelectric plants can run unattended for a long time, more traditional ones are going to need someone to interact with it over 6 months.  And as far as the cell service goes just because there’s a cell tower in town doesn’t mean any of the cell service is going to work, there still needs to be the whole carrier infrastructure to manage the call.

No one seemed to bring up the point that after the buses dropped them off they must’ve had some way to leave the town (either by road or portal) so why aren’t they looking for that?

If Campbell is a diagnosed psychopath, with known tendencies of animal cruelty, why is he attending the public high school and not a private school more accommodating.  Especially if his parents were actively afraid of him.   Why make Sam and him brothers, when that played almost no part in the story.   The exposition about Campbell could’ve been provided by his cousins.

Lastly, for a town so wealthy, $1.5 million for some clean up project (or whatever was behind the smell) doesn’t seem like something they’d be all bent out of shape about paying.

Edited by jcin617
17 hours ago, jcin617 said:

If Campbell is a diagnosed psychopath, with known tendencies of animal cruelty, why is he attending the public high school and not a private school more accommodating.

Because his parents some how hid it so that no one else in town knew he was a psychopath.

I just finished the season.

I liked how serious matters were done in a very...teenage way. Like they were trying to copy what adults do but it came off as play-acting and showed how over their heads these kids are. The worthless trial. The shitshow execution. When the coup started being planned, I had images in my head of the Guard waving guns around and shooting some people, but when they actually effected the coup it was quite restrained. (Although I certainly wouldn't want to lay money on Clark and his buddy whose name I forget - the really dark-haired one - and Campbell continuing to be restrained.) It was only some random kid or two that threatened to push things over the edge by throwing stuff at Allie and Will, and Lexie quashed that quickly.

• Love 2