Type keyword(s) to search

The InBetween - General Discussion

• Start Topic

‘The InBetween’ Canceled By NBC After One Season

NBC is closing the loop on its new spring-summer 2019 scripted series by cancelling freshman drama The InBetween.

The news is not surprising. The InBetween, starring Harriet Dyer, did not debut until after the end of the 2018-19 broadcast season. It was the lowest-rated NBC summer 2019 series in Live+Same Day ratings, something for which delayed viewing bumps could not compensate.

The InBetween‘s core creative team already has moved on to another project. In a competitive situation with multiple networks bidding, CBS in September landed with penalty Queens, a police drama from The InBetween creator/executive producer Moira Kirland, executive producer Matt Gross and studio Universal TV, where Gross is under an overall deal.

• Useful 1

Just saw an article on Twitter that they averaged 4.1 million viewers. Which doesn't strike me as overly terrible for a summer show. But who am I to judge.

I don't know what it is about this show, but it dragged me through a pretty awful summer (surgery, longer recovery then initially estimated). It was by no means a perfect show but I am going to miss it.

• Love 4

My husband and I just discovered this show last week, but only saw the first 4 episodes before it disappeared from Hulu (I think it "expired" on Nov. 10). Does anyone know where else we can see the rest of the season?

• Love 1