Type keyword(s) to search

The InBetween - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Maybe someone can help clear this up.  The guy who was the abusive boyfriend and father of the baby was a WONDERFUL father, is that right?  But, yet he was terribly abusive to the mother.....and then, he was going to turn violent on the baby......I'm not sure I followed their story on this. 

I saw it as one of two things:

A) He really did love his baby, but was willing to sacrifice her simply to punish Hannah. (Sadly, this has happened numerous times IRL when a partner tries to leave.)

B) He was only bluffing, trying to scare Hannah into staying. But given his abuse of her, and her history with Abigail, Hannah wasn't taking any chances.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Maybe someone can help clear this up.  The guy who was the abusive boyfriend and father of the baby was a WONDERFUL father, is that right?  But, yet he was terribly abusive to the mother.....and then, he was going to turn violent on the baby......I'm not sure I followed their story on this. 

I seemed he threatened to hurt the baby, if she decided to leave him.

I guess that I just felt the show portrayed the boyfriend/baby's daddy as a good father, but, physically abusive to the mother.  To me, that's not really possible, because, when you are beating up the mother in the child's presence, even when they are babies, you are harming them psychologically.  That violence imprints on them. AND, you are damaging the mother's ability to parent the baby with the abuse.  So, in fact, the baby is being harmed and he's not a great dad. 

I also thought that they didn't cover how when you are ending an abusive relationship with a violent person, they can really go off and kill you.  That's the most dangerous time for a victim of domestic violence. There is a strategy that is recommended, like get your plan ready.  Secretly, get your important papers, personal items that he won't notice are packed, arrange to get to safe house, change phone numbers, etc.  ALSO, since, they had a child together, she needed legal consult, because, she really needed order to take child with a protective order from the court.  I don't think they covered that whole thing very well.    I feel sorry for the baby, because, it's likely her mom will find another abuser in the future.  

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I guess that I just felt the show portrayed the boyfriend/baby's daddy as a good father, but, physically abusive to the mother.  To me, that's not really possible, because, when you are beating up the mother in the child's presence, even when they are babies, you are harming them psychologically.  That violence imprints on them. AND, you are damaging the mother's ability to parent the baby with the abuse.  So, in fact, the baby is being harmed and he's not a great dad. 

I also thought that they didn't cover how when you are ending an abusive relationship with a violent person, they can really go off and kill you.  That's the most dangerous time for a victim of domestic violence. There is a strategy that is recommended, like get your plan ready.  Secretly, get your important papers, personal items that he won't notice are packed, arrange to get to safe house, change phone numbers, etc.  ALSO, since, they had a child together, she needed legal consult, because, she really needed order to take child with a protective order from the court.  I don't think they covered that whole thing very well.    I feel sorry for the baby, because, it's likely her mom will find another abuser in the future.  

I guess my opinion is: if you are abusing the mother, you ARE NOT a good father.  He just had not turned the anger to the baby YET.  But eventually he probably would have.  The baby would grow into a child that would upset him and he could turn violent.  I think he would have hurt the baby to get back at Hannah.

• Love 6

I actually stayed awake for the entire episode last night, which is a first for me with this show.

IRL, though, has there EVER been a documented case of a serial killer who follows this kind of ritualized, fussy methodology: murders repeat on the anniversary of some trauma in the killer's life, exact method of complicated killing each time, and all for a laughably minor reason?  I blame Agatha Christie.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I was occupied last night and didn't pay close attention.  I may rewatch it.  I did catch some portions.  

One thing that strikes me is that the detectives supervisor is so supportive of them.  She's always getting updated, then doing what they ask her do, then praising them.....man, that's nice and such a change from the normal BS that most shows engage in where the boss is cranky, picky and holds the detectives back from doing their jobs.  They really do work as a team.  So, that's a plus for the show, imo. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I was occupied last night and didn't pay close attention.  I may rewatch it.  I did catch some portions.  

One thing that strikes me is that the detectives supervisor is so supportive of them.  She's always getting updated, then doing what they ask her do, then praising them.....man, that's nice and such a change from the normal BS that most shows engage in where the boss is cranky, picky and holds the detectives back from doing their jobs.  They really do work as a team.  So, that's a plus for the show, imo. 

I also like that Cassie isn't the only source... They do real police work and sometimes her visions aren't even needed... Makes me happy that they are functional cops who sometimes get a big assist

• Love 9
9 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

One thing that strikes me is that the detectives supervisor is so supportive of them.  She's always getting updated, then doing what they ask her do, then praising them.....man, that's nice and such a change from the normal BS that most shows engage in where the boss is cranky, picky and holds the detectives back from doing their jobs.

The detective's supervisor is like all the other's except when she says "The Mayor is breathing down my neck for answers" and they give her what they have got, instead of yelling "That is not good enough, I need more!", she says "Thanks, keep me informed".

I was kind of in The Inbetween (of alseep and awake) by the end of the show, so to recap, the serial killer attacked the original couple who caused the distress and the serial killer was shot and might be alive or dead and the couple both survived. Is this right, there wasn't a lot of time between the shot and the end of the scene?

• Love 3

I liked the subplot better than the main story. Cassie's vulnerability feels so natural to me. I could have done without the rejected woman turned serial killer that's been done to death. The show is doing a good job with Brian's dementia it reminds me of my grandmother.

• Love 3

"Looks like a carnation." Snort! I doubt even a botanist could tell that from a quick glance (from a distance, no less!) at a loose flower petal, let alone a cop. 

• Love 4
On 7/18/2019 at 6:24 PM, ferjy said:

"Looks like a carnation." Snort! I doubt even a botanist could tell that from a quick glance (from a distance, no less!) at a loose flower petal, let alone a cop. 

This made me laugh too.  Plus, even I could see that the petal was smooth and not ruffly like a carnation.  

I'm bummed that carnations are so unpopular now.  My mom and I have always loved them because they last so long.  I hate roses, which almost never open for me.  The few times they have opened they only last one or two days.  We can make carnations last for weeks if we put them in the fridge each night. I get a lot more pretty for a longer length of time with carnations than I do with roses. 

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

This made me laugh too.  Plus, even I could see that the petal was smooth and not ruffly like a carnation.  

I'm bummed that carnations are so unpopular now.  My mom and I have always loved them because they last so long.  I hate roses, which almost never open for me.  The few times they have opened they only last one or two days.  We can make carnations last for weeks if we put them in the fridge each night. I get a lot more pretty for a longer length of time with carnations than I do with roses. 

The point about carnations is that they’re a cheap flower, what they call a filler flower stuck in most bouquets because they’re inexpensive. The stigma is that getting carnations is on a par with being presented with a cubic zirconia for an engagement ring. Roses are more elegant looking, but there are a lot of flowers that look nice that last longer than roses besides carnations. Lilies, for instance, they really brighten a bouquet. I especially like spider lilies. I had to chuckle at how they played it to the hilt by making every woman grimace at the mention of carnations. :D 

• Love 4

Yeah, I got the joke.  I think roses are ugly though.  Any guy who didn't listen when I told him I hate them is off my list. I actually LIKE carnations better than the other flowers, and I'm less allergic to them.  I don't care that they are cheap. I figure if someone doesn't listen to me, and buys expensive flowers I dislike, and would waste money that way -- ugh.  I'd prefer a thrifty guy who'd be willing to buy me roses but listened to me and bought carnations instead! LOL.  Then again, I hate diamonds too.  I don't like cubic zirconia either though -- I prefer stones that are colored, like emeralds. To each their own, I guess. 

I wish they'd feature a bit more of the hunky male bartender! 

Was the guy they brought back to help with the case this week the former partner of the lead detective? (Hell, I haven't even learned anyone's name on this show yet.)   

• Love 2

I kept waiting for the husband of the shot politician to be involved some how (he showed up at the start of the episode, usually spouses know more than they let on, if they arent the killer) but I was surprised that it was a totally different thing. This show sure does go dark in their cases of the week, that vision of the buffalo and the guy dead with a buffalo head on in the massecure was really unnerving. That poor kid, survived a horrible mass murder, escaped, avoided the criminal life, only to be tortured to death by the very person who ruined his life in the first place. 

Glad we got some closure on creepy ghost girl Abigail, who got some closure and became a lot less creepy. The thread with Cassie and her deceased troubled mom is one of my favorite threads on the show, I hope her ghost will show up at some point.

I  swear, every time  the cops immediately assume a killer, especially a serial killer, is a man (lets get this guy! He must have had a woman dump him!) I yell "how do you know its a man?!" and usually it will turn out to be a man, but this time I called it! I didn't suspect the red head though, I thought it might be the super informative woman at the bakery.

I sometimes wish that Cassie was more involved in the A plot beside having her visions and yelling the cops about it, but I also usually like her subplots a lot, and I like that the cops do lots of real detective work and dont just fully rely on Cassie's visions and ghost encounters to figure things out. She kind of just points them in the right direction and they all have to connect the dots. 

Poor Brian, he seems like such a kind man, dementia is such a heartbreaking illness, for the person who has it and their loved ones. They'll have to talk to Cassie's other dad eventually about it, and thats just going to be brutally sad. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

I laughed too. Of all the petals, carnations are pretty easy to recognize, and that didn't look like one to me. Carnations were my mom's favorite flowers, they were the flowers in her wedding bouquet. My brother and I were recently reunited - Mom gave him up for adoption when he was a baby - and we took carnations to her grave.  I like the smell of carnations better than roses, myself. I think roses are like diamonds - their reputation highly inflated to up their price. I don't hate them - but I don't like store bought roses. Only the ones off of a bush seem fragrant to me.

3 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

Yeah, I got the joke.  I think roses are ugly though.  Any guy who didn't listen when I told him I hate them is off my list. I actually LIKE carnations better than the other flowers, and I'm less allergic to them.  I don't care that they are cheap. I figure if someone doesn't listen to me, and buys expensive flowers I dislike, and would waste money that way -- ugh.  I'd prefer a thrifty guy who'd be willing to buy me roses but listened to me and bought carnations instead! LOL.  Then again, I hate diamonds too.  I don't like cubic zirconia either though -- I prefer stones that are colored, like emeralds. To each their own, I guess.

Cowgirl, except for the allergies, we're twins in this regard. My wedding/engagement ring has an emerald.

2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Poor Brian, he seems like such a kind man, dementia is such a heartbreaking illness, for the person who has it and their loved ones. They'll have to talk to Cassie's other dad eventually about it, and thats just going to be brutally sad. 

Plugs ears "no, no, no, no!" I do not want that storyline. Not only does it bring up too much of my own baggage but he's just such a sweet and good character. I'm hoping if they proceed, that they'll discover when he's checked up that it's one of the many other things that can cause forgetfullness, and is treatable. I doubt it, but I can hope.

• Love 4

I figured it was the cop that was brought in from the previous murder investigations.  He looked sketchy and sweaty to me.  I figured he was a copycat killer from the original murder.  I am glad that was wrong! 

• Love 1

Handsome detective's GF finally died; is this clearing the way for romance with Cassie? I feel no chemistry there. Or maybe he'll be paired up with Cassie's new BF, the woman from last week.

The female boss of the detectives looks like a concentration camp survivor.

Another hard-to-buy crime/criminal. That kid looked about 9, but he could rig 2 cars to blow up? And then the hysterical/vengeful mom gets the kid's tech advice on how to blow up the ex husband's RV? The kid himself supposedly 'liked' the dad, and seemed weirdly noncommittal about the whole situation. Bad writing, nothing new on this show.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

Handsome detective's GF finally died; is this clearing the way for romance with Cassie? I feel no chemistry there. Or maybe he'll be paired up with Cassie's new BF, the woman from last week.

The female boss of the detectives looks like a concentration camp survivor.

Another hard-to-buy crime/criminal. That kid looked about 9, but he could rig 2 cars to blow up? And then the hysterical/vengeful mom gets the kid's tech advice on how to blow up the ex husband's RV? The kid himself supposedly 'liked' the dad, and seemed weirdly noncommittal about the whole situation. Bad writing, nothing new on this show.

Maybe if the show lasts a few seasons a romance could bloom but I wouldn't want it now... It would seem gross... Cassie's friend was married to a woman and as bisexuality doesn't get treated with much nuance on the majority of TV shows I doubt they'd have her hook up with Damien... Anne-Marie is a thin woman.. But she's always been thin won't touch the c. Camp part of it... I thought the kid was lying and was just a pyscho... So was surprised that it ended with it being the mom.. Maybe later we'll find out it really was him.. Who knows 

• Love 1
On 7/22/2019 at 10:45 AM, Cowgirl said:

So much this. I like carnations too, though tulips are my absolute favorite. Besides being expensive, to me roses say “I’m not going to bother to find out what you like because I’m going to flash my money regardless and all chicks dig roses, amirite?” Like, there’s no effort at all. Same with diamonds. It’s my birthstone and my whole life I’ve lamented that I wasn’t a May, July, or September baby instead.

Re this week’s episode and the show in general: count me in with everyone who appreciates that the detectives are good cops who aren’t 100% dependent on Cassie’s visions because they’re, you know, competent.

• Love 4
On 7/22/2019 at 1:45 PM, Cowgirl said:

Yeah, I got the joke.  I think roses are ugly though.  Any guy who didn't listen when I told him I hate them is off my list. I actually LIKE carnations better than the other flowers, and I'm less allergic to them.  I don't care that they are cheap. I figure if someone doesn't listen to me, and buys expensive flowers I dislike, and would waste money that way -- ugh.  I'd prefer a thrifty guy who'd be willing to buy me roses but listened to me and bought carnations instead! LOL.  Then again, I hate diamonds too.  I don't like cubic zirconia either though -- I prefer stones that are colored, like emeralds 

I don’t think any flowers are ugly myself, but I do prefer a bright bouquet of mixed flowers to a dozen roses. Although sometimes it’s the thought that counts. I wouldn’t tell anyone what kind of flowers to get me, any would do depending on what the gesture was. One time my daughter, when she was quite young, walked over to the flower shop with the babysitter and picked out a single white rose with Baby’s Breath and a white ribbon for me for Mother’s Day with her hard-earned allowance. I had an all-white garden (moon garden), I loved how it glowed at twilight, and she got the idea from that garden. I thought it was one of the most beautiful things. It was the thought more than the flowers themselves. And it was a nice change from the usual dandelion bouquets. 😄

• Love 13
(edited)

I think this is one of the first times the Cassie plot and the detective part were really thematically linked, with both cases involving deranged stalker types, the ghost creeper and the ex wife who couldn't accept that her ex wanted to move on. 

That is, if the kid wasn't lying and it was all him, but that does seem pretty advanced murdering for a nine year old without an adult helping. Unless he comes back, I am assuming that the mom was the instigator, but the kid seemed pretty warped too, I guess because of his mom. What a nasty way to kill people, good lord. 

The guy playing stalker ghost was really good at being creepy, and I kind of like the idea that a ghost can be re-killed by other ghosts,  but I admit I was a bit disappointed that the new bartender isn't just pure evil, so evil that it spooked Cassie's vibes. I sort of love the idea of this pretty young sweet looking blond being a horrifying monster right under the surface. 

Glad that Cassie and her friend are apparently still hanging out! I had thought that the new detective and Cassie would start to have a thing, he would feel guilty, then coma fiance would wake up, and they would both feel guilty, but I guess not. I do hope they dont try and put them together, they dont have much chemistry and his fiance JUST died. 

I also appreciate that the cops seem competent, and their office is pretty professional and low drama, no breaking laws because "damn it its right!" or too much projecting their own stuff onto cases or any "damn it its personal!" things going on that you see in TV a lot.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 5
On 7/22/2019 at 1:45 PM, Cowgirl said:

Yeah, I got the joke.  I think roses are ugly though.  Any guy who didn't listen when I told him I hate them is off my list. I actually LIKE carnations better than the other flowers, and I'm less allergic to them.  I don't care that they are cheap. I figure if someone doesn't listen to me, and buys expensive flowers I dislike, and would waste money that way -- ugh.  I'd prefer a thrifty guy who'd be willing to buy me roses but listened to me and bought carnations instead! LOL. 

Getting a man to listen at all would be a feat in itself. 😉

• LOL 4

Wonder what coma fiance (Alice? I don't remember) wanted to tell Cassie when she showed herself to her?

3 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

That is, if the kid wasn't lying and it was all him, but that does seem pretty advanced murdering for a nine year old without an adult helping.

Okay, I'm probably warped, and it's because I'm an attorney in a prosecutor's office, but "advanced murdering" is my new favorite phrase!  I also agree with you! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Cowgirl said:

Wonder what coma fiance (Alice? I don't remember) wanted to tell Cassie when she showed herself to her?

Okay, I'm probably warped, and it's because I'm an attorney in a prosecutor's office, but "advanced murdering" is my new favorite phrase!  I also agree with you! 

Yeah, that "advanced murdering" was too advanced for a kid as young as he was.  And, did you hear how he had psycho analyzed his mother's neediness and demands.  How after his dad didn't come home, when the lover was killed, he just KNEW it wasn't going to happen.  It was just too complex for a kid his age, imo.  Nice try, but, too contrived.

I did like the other story better, but, am confused how a ghost can murder another ghost! Man, that's amazing.  So, how did the older ghost not die too?  Was the younger ghost's spirit splattered when he hit the ground?  Hmmm...

Does anyone get a feeling that the younger detective and Cassie are going to hook up?  I suppose that the fiance wanted to let Cassie know that she did know about the ring, so she could in turn tell her boyfriend. And, she knew that would bring him peace of mind, since, she was dying.  

• Love 3

I know Cassie's the focus, but it seems odd that the other characters are so neglected. I expected the partnership between the new detective and Cassie's cop dad to take some time to gel while they got used to each other, and I still don't know anything about the 2 junior detectives. Their boss just pops in and out and never asks where they get some of their information from.

It's still watchable, though, and I'll keep with it because I've missed this kind of show and I like the actors playing Cassie's dads.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, krankydoodle said:

I know Cassie's the focus, but it seems odd that the other characters are so neglected. I expected the partnership between the new detective and Cassie's cop dad to take some time to gel while they got used to each other, and I still don't know anything about the 2 junior detectives. Their boss just pops in and out and never asks where they get some of their information from.

It's still watchable, though, and I'll keep with it because I've missed this kind of show and I like the actors playing Cassie's dads.

I am actually really enjoying this show, but wondering how bad the ratings are? It seems these "summer shows" rarely do well, but I really hope this get picked up.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, chlban said:

I am actually really enjoying this show, but wondering how bad the ratings are? It seems these "summer shows" rarely do well, but I really hope this get picked up.

I don't think "summer shows" are supposed to do well. I think they are supposed to be disposable.

16 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I did like the other story better, but, am confused how a ghost can murder another ghost! Man, that's amazing.  So, how did the older ghost not die too?  Was the younger ghost's spirit splattered when he hit the ground?  Hmmm...

I wondered about this too.  Did he land on the other ghost, who was so squishy he broke his fall?! That was just weird. You're also dancing with the devil now Cassie, by using the psycho killer guy. I would have thought there were some sort of cleansing and detatchment ritual the stalker's prey could have learned from Cassie.  On the Dead Files, Amy is always telling such people they need a Reiki master to sever such ties.  :)

So, did the older ghost die too? Did he give up his  existing presence to take down the younger ghost spirit?  I'm confused.  I guess we'll find out, if he returns next week.  So, maybe, he'll end up being a bad ghost, who does good deeds.....lol. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

Foghorn Leghorn is just fine.

He popped up right after killing the stalker ghost to say "I told you to let the dead deal with the dead" or something, so yes, he's perfectly fine. I'm confused why people think he wouldn't be fine since he was right there.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Re: episode five

Abigail is such a brat, but she can really make an episode worthwhile to watch.

I think this show needs better editing for the closing scenes. I always expect something more to end it on then just the idea that everything is dandy now.  I loved the pilot episode because it had such a killer good final scene. And then they failed to repeat that in the other four episodes. 

They need to balance their storylines better. I found the Abigail and her mom story interesting enough, but the drive by shooting/Filipino vengeance story on top made for a very crowded episode. 

They also need to get into their central theme more because while the Inbetween sounds interesting, we need to see or hear about it more. Is there an endgame? Are the ghosts planning some sort of mass escape? What is it, exactly? Because at episode five, you should have some idea about where you're heading with your show. So far it's been benign ghosting and rabbits and they need to step up their game.

• Love 3

They also need to start showing, rather than telling, that Tom and Brian are a couple and a family with Cassie. I think we had like one scene in one of the early eps where Cassie was at their house and they were all in a room together. Usually they only have one of the men individually dealing with Cassie, and they make some reference to their shared past, but that's it. I mean, that's ok sometimes, for the sake of giving us backstory, but they shouldn't be depending on that as much as they have been.

Had Tom not made a point of telling Damian he was married to Brian, I would seriously never have known by any of the storylines so far.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, SnarkySheep said:

They also need to start showing, rather than telling, that Tom and Brian are a couple and a family with Cassie. I think we had like one scene in one of the early eps where Cassie was at their house and they were all in a room together. Usually they only have one of the men individually dealing with Cassie, and they make some reference to their shared past, but that's it. I mean, that's ok sometimes, for the sake of giving us backstory, but they shouldn't be depending on that as much as they have been.

Had Tom not made a point of telling Damian he was married to Brian, I would seriously never have known by any of the storylines so far.

I don’t think they intend to focus on that.  I think they just want to casually show that the writers and producers believe in diversity. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I don’t think they intend to focus on that.  I think they just want to casually show that the writers and producers believe in diversity. 

Sadly, I think that's probably true. I read somewhere recently that Tom was originally written as Cassie's bio father, then the script changed at the last minute.

I also have a suspicion that it may also have something to do with Paul Blackthorne and Michael B. Silver not actually being gay. Most likely there was some prior discussion with the powers  that be about what they would and wouldn't do.

• Love 1

I enjoyed Cassie's plot more than the case of the week. Cassie's visions are so realistic and she has such an expressive face. That stalker was really creepy. I thought Damian's grief was more realistic than over the top sobbing.

• Love 4

How is that ghost just sitting in Cassie's house like that. I thought last episode Cassie said her house was warded against ghosts, but, then first episode Abigail was in there and she was a ghost. A lot of her visions happen in her house as well, so what do I know.

Can anybody help me out, I missed the part where they explained why her arm fell off.

I slapped her so hard, her arm fell off.

I put her in the trunk of my car and when I closed the trunk, her arm fell off.

I was throwing her off of a bridge and at the last second she reached up and grabbed the railing and her arm fell off.

I am guessing it was what they said at the beginning, the propeller of a boat chopped her arm off. You would think the M.E. would have confirmed it.

Wait a minute!!! Where is the boss lady that walks in, tells all the police guys they are doing a wonderful job and walks back out again. You can't just switch up the whole format of the show like that, the viewers will become confused.

• Love 1

After Castle's daughter last week, this week it's Krycek from the X-Files! Neither ages much! So nice to see them again!

And yeah, how did that arm fall off? And what was the deal with the sword at the beginning? A new story arc? It wasn't mentioned later on. 

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, MrsSerega said:

And yeah, how did that arm fall off? And what was the deal with the sword at the beginning? A new story arc? It wasn't mentioned later on. 

The Ghostie was reenacting the scenes on the tarot cards, hoping it might give the police a clue to her murderer. Not sure why she didn't just come out and say who murdered her like every other ghost.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

It bugs me how shows with ghosts are so inconsistent. People can walk through them, but they can sit in cars and on chairs? With all the cold air breath showing when they talk, I guess they can breathe?

I know I need to ignore these things, but they always take me out of the moment. But I do like this show.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Thank you show for not giving Brian Alzheimer's, but a different scary, but more manageable problem. I'm sure there will be some drama surrounding the surgery, but the show hasn't really played up the drama very much when it comes to extended family. Even Damian's story was more sad than dramatic.

I really enjoyed the ghost of the week, that story was touching and Nicholas Lea (never knew that was his name, though I've always enjoyed his acting) really did a great job.

Since either ghosts aren't real, or I just haven't seen one, I pretty much accept what a show centered around ghosts do with them, as long as they keep it consistent in the show.

Which means that I don't have any trouble with ghosts "sitting" - since they have no weight, they won't fall through the surface and would hover in that position - which because they're body less, wouldn't strain any muscles. And....that's way too much thought about it.  LOL

As for breath - there's only so much you can do when filming in a cold climate (and I've never actually noticed it.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

As for breath - there's only so much you can do when filming in a cold climate (and I've never actually noticed it.

I think it was on one of the Lucifer DVDs where they showed the main actors talking and their breath was visible because of the cold air in Vancouver and how they had to digitally edit it out (expensive).

13 hours ago, MrsSerega said:

And yeah, how did that arm fall off?

Didn't the ME at the scene bet on a boat propeller?

• Love 1

So its inevitable that Cassie's ghost mom will show up right? She has now ran into TWO ghost drug addicts trying to make amends to to their kids from beyond the grave, and this one was directly connected to her mother. Yeah, ghost mom is coming. 

I liked the whole story with the ghost rock star, and the way that Cassie gave him some peace. I did feel kind of bad that the ghost never got to get a message to his son, but it was maybe for the best. I mean, not only explain that ghosts exist but also that your bio dad was a drug addict rock star that just died and told your dying mom to screw off because he was super high and now his ghost wants to make amends is a lot to dump on a person, especially a high school kid getting ready for college. 

Glad that at least Brain doesn't have Alzheimer's but the drama is certainly not over yet with the surgery and all of that. Maybe thats when ghost mom arrives?!

• Love 5

Once again I enjoyed Cassie's subplot more than the crime of the week. I liked that she had some positive memories of her mom and we learned how she knew Brian. I wonder if we'll learn anything about Cassie's biological father? According to TV Guide next week is a new episode and the week after is a repeat.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I liked the whole story with the ghost rock star, and the way that Cassie gave him some peace. I did feel kind of bad that the ghost never got to get a message to his son, but it was maybe for the best. I mean, not only explain that ghosts exist but also that your bio dad was a drug addict rock star that just died and told your dying mom to screw off because he was super high and now his ghost wants to make amends is a lot to dump on a person, especially a high school kid getting ready for college. 

And he had millions of dollars, but he still didn't put you in his will. He just wanted to say that he loves you, is proud of you, and thinks you will have a great life.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5