Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E14: The End or the Beginning

Message added by Drogo

*Be Civil toward your fellow posters* even in your disagreement.  Posts will be removed and warnings issued for those who cannot follow this simple rule.

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

Luke projects his issues onto everyone. Which is why he tried to make Kate feel dirty about sex. Then he tried to make it about alcohol but I think Luke is the one with the drinking problem. 

He seems so narcissistic or conceited. He's not good to look at, I hate the way he grooms himself, and his clothes are ugly.  And he certainly isn't nice or comforting.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
41 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I think Jasmine will see it’s better in the run, since Will is not what she really wants, she basically said as much by bringing up his poor financial prospects. The look on Will’s face after she gave her answer was like, shit, now have to be the bad guy. Pastor Cal needs to stop with that disappointing head shaking. 

Good on Kate for dumping his squeezy ass. The fact that he said her support of friends and family and certain aspects of her personality are her the top things he likes about her says it all. He can’t even pretend to be nice even when Kate sat on the couch afterwards and asked if he wanted to talk about anything. Cold as ice. 

I would be dumping my clothes in that suitcase as fast as I could. I hope the preview is indicative of how it’s going down between them. Maybe we’ll see a different side. 

Good riddance to the Honey Bunches of Oats commercial. 

I love your comment his squeezy ass.  There was nothing attractive about him..... least of all his personality.

• Love 5

I am pleasantly surprised at the decisions.

Stephanie/AJ - to be expected. We will see what life is like at the reunion.

kristine/Keith - I was nervous that she would say no but I loved her smile when she said yes. I think they have a real shot. Although Keith is a tad behind the maturity curve but Kristine also lives at home. First thing they have to do is find a place to live.

Will/Jas - I’m sad they didn’t make it but separating was for the best. Jas lost Will at the first talk about bills and never got him back. Of all of the men, Will is the one I find most appealing but I don’t have the “man pays the bills” thing. He has goals and a a seemingly good heart and sense of community. He hasn’t shown any passion or lust but I think he might have a little bit of hot boy in him. I’d let him hit. I honestly hope that he and Jas spend time during the three months before the reunion to see if they can generate some real, not manufactured, interest in each other.

Kate/Luke - the angels in heaven are singing. I’m so glad she drop kicked Luke’s ass! Too bad it didn’t hurt as bad as I wished. And PLEASE sweet 7 lb 21” baby Jesus, make Luke have “in a relationship with a man” on his FB.

• LOL 12
  • Love 8
Just now, antfitz said:

He seems so narcissistic or conceited. He's not good to look at, I hate the way he grooms himself, and his clothes are ugly.  And he certainly isn't nice or comforting.

He is unattractive. He looks goofy and has a vile personality. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

Thank God it’s over !   It ended like I wanted.  I just hope A.J. Calms down, but I doubt it.  Good for Will and Kate.  After that “dead inside” remark, I wouldn’t stay with Puke either no matter what.  As soon as Will was sleeping a lot and not wanting sex, I knew they would divorce.  Jasmine’s Father must be pissed.

I didn’t like the Pastor’s remark to Will that he was making a mistake.  It’s none of his business.

The experts crying was phony.  They did nothing.

Too many commercials and too drawn out.

Happy to not see Pukes fu..ing face anymore.  Creep.

You knew Kate and Luke were doomed from the very get go. At the wedding he said he knew her, and you could tell he didn't like her. I can't believe she's been having sex with him. ewww  I find him repulsive.

I think a j's going to lose his temper over and over again, and she'll be putting up with it for a long time.

• Love 11
41 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

Luke projects his issues onto everyone. Which is why he tried to make Kate feel dirty about sex. Then he tried to make it about alcohol but I think Luke is the one with the drinking problem. 

You are so right.  He is disgusting. I wonder what he would have said had he gone 1st. But I'm glad she went 1st, And let him know she was unhappy.

2 hours ago, configdotsys said:

It's not the job of a wife to push and make you do stuff, Keith. 

Yes, she is entering this marriage with a job besides her regular job.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, goodolmom said:

Twitter has an article posted saying that the dead and repulsed comment came after Luke and Kate had sex for the first time, not after the first kiss.  He also says that they had sex because he knew it was what she wanted (he wanted to make her happy, you know) but about a month in, he wasn't just doing it because he felt sorry for her (my words).

I thought I heard that during one of the episodes a week or 2 ago. And yeah he was all about making her happy....sarcasm. 

2 minutes ago, scruffy73 said:

It’s not that she has been HAVING sex with the creep. She has been ASKING FOR SEX from the creep. Jesus help me over the fence! If a man told me that I repulsed him, that would have been IT. DONE. Vaginal dryness? More like sprinkling sand as I walked. We would have never spent another night in the same house, much less the same bed.

Absolutely right. That's the way I have felt all season.

• Love 3

Thank you, Kate's friends, for the healthy dose of reality you shared with this girl.  It worked!  Bravo.  

Steph didn't appear to be thrilled in the reunion preview.  Maybe he hasn't had his shock treatments yet.  He's so strange and creepy.

Jasmine initially seemed crushed.  I hope she gets something helpful out of this down the road.  

Kristine is kool.  Hope all goes well for them.  

• Love 11
41 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

He is unattractive. He looks goofy and has a vile personality. 

37 minutes ago, antfitz said:

You knew Kate and Luke were doomed from the very get go. At the wedding he said he knew her, and you could tell he didn't like her. I can't believe she's been having sex with him. ewww  I find him repulsive.

I think a j's going to lose his temper over and over again, and she'll be putting up with it for a long time.

31 minutes ago, scruffy73 said:

It’s not that she has been HAVING sex with the creep. She has been ASKING FOR SEX from the creep. Jesus help me over the fence! If a man told me that I repulsed him, that would have been IT. DONE. Vaginal dryness? More like sprinkling sand as I walked. We would have never spent another night in the same house, much less the same bed.

I think having Kate practically beg him for affection and sex has really inflated his ego. He carries himself like hipster peacock that thinks he brings all the girls to the yard. Reality will be tough for him.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 9
(edited)

So I was all "Thank God!" until.... 

they showed a preview of YET ANOTHER episode,  a REUNION where the two "Divorce" couples are asked if there's any chance of "reconciliation"! W. T. H.?!

OTOH, does Kate open Luke's closet door?! "You're in a relationship with a man!" Must-see TV! 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • LOL 6
  • Love 11

Luke got two smackdowns from Kate. The first that she didn’t remember him and that she rejected him first tonight. Although he doesn’t care a wit about Kate, a guy with that my much arrogance, any slight is going to get under his skin. 

• Love 18
4 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

So I was all "Thank God!" until.... 

they showed a preview of YET ANOTHER episode,  a REUNION where the two "Divorce" couples are asked if there's any chance of "reconciliation"!

W. T. H.?!

Well since we havs the whole “relationship with a man” convo with Kate and Luke I’m going with no. I would like to see Will and Jas give it another shot outside of the eyes of the show. She has to get that “man pays the bills” fantasy out of her head then they can truly see EACH OTHER for who the really are. He did say he felt like she was his best friend so there is some foundation there.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Sometimes I think people might stay single forever waiting for the better that never comes or doesn’t exist.

Damn... just damnnnn 🤯 This is so true and so... sad, too.

• Love 2

So did I hear it right?  Like is in a relationship with a man says his Facebook per Kate?  That explains a lot.  Luke's gay as many of us guessed during the season!  That's why he's not into Kate or any woman!  Wow!

• Love 4

Kind of shocked - I was gearing up to be pissed because I expected producer shenanigans strong arming people to stay together, but for once, good decisions all around!

I am especially glad Will said no. I just wish he would stop saying it was “communication” when it wasn’t that they weren’t communicating, it was that they didn’t agree. He did the right thing. Pastor Cal can suck it.

Despite his issues, it does seem like AJ and Steph generally get along well. Maybe it will be better with the cameras gone, or maybe Steph will realize there’s just too much cray and high tails it. I’m most curious about them on the reunion.

When this season started, I thought Queen Kristine and Keith were going to be an epic disaster. Instead, they were a delight - probably my favorite couple since Anthony and Ashley. I really hope they can make it work.....

I hope Kate can relight her inner shine and the bearded asshole crawls back under the rock from which he came.....

• Love 17
5 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Guess I am just old school but I don't see that Keith is so awful. Yes, granny spoiled him by cooking all his meals, but he does have a f/t job and goes to school. Sorry if his job is not up to Kristine's standards. Or that he does not have a 6 pack abdomen. She may work hard but she was living at home. I don't think she was rolling in dough, either. Jasmine is the same age and owns her own home. Keith did step it up for Kristine. I do agree with her, though, about waiting for children and a dog.

I agree with you, Keith was a sweetheart to her and completely adored her. She was too picky about everything and she kept bitching about stupid stuff. She acted like he wasn't good enough for her. Like she thought she could do better.  It bugged me how she was always complaining about him. He treated her like a queen and she shows 0 appreciation. 

• Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, Melig8r said:

when is the reunion episode filmed?

Reunion was the last week of Jan? Decision Day was around Halloween?

I am happy with what happened tonight. 2 couples that had no chance of long term success broke up instead of saying yes and breaking up in a few weeks like past couples have. 

I think AJ and Steph have the best chance. I hope it was a bad edit or filming for his worst moments. His 3 repeated highlighted bad moments are not wanting to be bothered on his honeymoon, not wanting to put a shower caddy in a small shower stall, and calling Luke out for liking boys and slapping him on the butt. All these events now that the season has ended and we know more could have been edit to look worse.

Keith and Kristine, I'm glad they are going to try. If I were Kristine I would want to see by this summer, how far did he get in school over the school year, did he finish 4 credits or 32 credits? If he is motivated to stay married and have kids, he will show Kristine by at least staying on track with school, 12 years for a bachelors while living at home is not the fast track! Once they have to find an apartment , it will be telling how they will workout money since neither has paid rent (Keith has never paid rent and Kristine it has been 6 years?). 

Looking forward to the reunion show!

Edited by silverspoons
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, scruffy73 said:

This made me actually laugh out loud ! Especially the "help me over the fence."  I did not know shoes asking for the sex.  That just makes her more pathetic. She has no self confidence or self worth.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Kind of shocked - I was gearing up to be pissed because I expected producer shenanigans strong arming people to stay together, but for once, good decisions all around!

I am especially glad Will said no. I just wish he would stop saying it was “communication” when it wasn’t that they weren’t communicating, it was that they didn’t agree. He did the right thing. Pastor Cal can suck it.

Despite his issues, it does seem like AJ and Steph generally get along well. Maybe it will be better with the cameras gone, or maybe Steph will realize there’s just too much cray and high tails it. I’m most curious about them on the reunion.

When this season started, I thought Queen Kristine and Keith were going to be an epic disaster. Instead, they were a delight - probably my favorite couple since Anthony and Ashley. I really hope they can make it work.....

I hope Kate can relight her inner shine and the bearded asshole crawls back under the rock from which he came.....

That last paragraph is perfectly put. He is a bearded asshole and he does belong back under the rock. ewww

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

So did I hear it right?  Like is in a relationship with a man says his Facebook per Kate?  That explains a lot.  Luke's gay as many of us guessed during the season!  That's why he's not into Kate or any woman!  Wow!

Just how much did he lie to those professionals in order to get on the show???  I did like that they all agreed that she shouldn't stay married to him; and I think it all goes back to that comment about her repulsing him.  As hard as he tried to act for the cameras, the professionals thought that was so low and dirty.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, silverspoons said:

Reunion was the last week of Jan? Decision Day was around Halloween?

I am happy with what happened tonight. 2 couples that had no chance of long term success broke up instead of saying yes and breaking up in a few weeks like past couples have. 

I think AJ and Steph have the best chance. I hope it was a bad edit or filming for his worst moments. His 3 repeated highlighted bad moments are not wanting to be bothered on his honeymoon, not wanting to put a shower caddy in a small shower stall, and calling Luke out for liking boys and slapping him on the butt. All these events now that the season has ended and we know more could have been edit to look worse.

Keith and Kristine, I'm glad they are going to try. If I were Kristine I would want to see by this summer, how far did he get in school over the school year, did he finish 4 credits or 32 credits? If he is motivated to stay married and have kids, he will show Kristine by at least staying on track with school, 12 years for a bachelors while living at home is not the fast track! Once they have to find an apartment , it will be telling how they will workout money since neither has paid rent (Keith has never paid rent and Kristine it has been 6 years?). 

Looking forward to the reunion show!

12 years for his degree and he doesn't have it yet??  OMG I missed that . I think Granny was babying him.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I was thinking "When? When he ditched you on your one-month anniversary to hang out with his friends?"

Looking at the preview of next week's show, it looks like Kate and Luke might be considering  Getting back together. And looks like AJ and his wife look done an angry. That just could be producers editing though

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, silverspoons said:

While AJ slapping Luke on the butt during the mini moon was beyond the pale, he was shown as being drunk, angry, and obnoxious during the entire first night when had arrived at the mini moon house. Will of all people even asked AJ to "bring it down a notch", which didn't happen. Conveniently Steph had missed much of that because she had gone to bed early.

Edited by discoprincessthe2
  • Love 7

The results were pretty much what I thought, except I expected all the feelings to be mutual.

This whole time, Steph was holding back her honest feelings about AJ when he flips out over something relatively small. Like that Chris Rock bit about meeting someone's representative. I also thought her laughter seemed forced & fake at times. I think she was self conscious because of the cameras. I like them together, so I hope they can make each other happy now that they have some privacy. Unfortunately, I do think Steph is expecting him to change & that's... not wise, for anybody.

Kate & Puke. Thank God that's over. That was awful! It seems like Kate went off-script when she said divorce; like, maybe Luke had told her to say stay married. He seemed concerned when they had time apart that they were no longer "on the same page." He gives me the creeps, & there's no coming back from "repulsed & dead inside," but even I felt bad for him w/ all the gay rumours swirling. But, next week it looks like Kate has receipts! Dis gone be good! & I hope Kate spills alll the tea! Especially that business about him retreating into the bathroom for 2 hours or something after they have sex, & other odd little secrets they had. Spill it, Kate! 

Will & Jasmine had different ideas about money: that first conversation about "gender roles"---please let me never hear that term again--- was silly. On the honeymoon, Jasmine had no idea who earned what, who owed what, what their long term financial goals as a couple would be... remember last season when Ricky Bobby sat down at the computer & looked at debts & expenses? Like, get some facts before you make a blanket decision. But, I think the real problem is that Jasmine is kind of a bitch. She was constantly nagging him & putting him down. First day back from the honeymoon, she said you're making the bacon too dark & shoved him over. I was like: Heffa! If you don't sit down somewhere, tell the man you appreciate him cooking for you, eat your burnt ass bacon w/ a smile & tell him it's muffuckin delicious! When she put him down about wanting to coach kids---before he could even complete his thought--- it was a wrap. That was the moment the marriage was over for Will.

Keith & 👑Kristine: they're adorable together. Keith is so obviously smitten & has really stepped up. I think Kristine really likes him & appreciates all the changes he's made, but she's waiting to see if he follows through with his goals for work & school. They remind me of Miranda & Steve from Sex & the City. Keith wants to get a puppy & have kids straightaway because he thinks it will be fun, meanwhile Kristine is hesitant because she thinks the bulk of the responsibility will fall on her. I'm with Kristine on this. She's sweet, soft-spoken & sexy, but she also has a good head on her shoulders. She was so torn about her decision, it was heart breaking. When Keith said he loved her & she cried...um, I think her emotions were complicated. Pastor Cal & the ladies were so ready to pop open the champagne & have a happy ending, I think they glossed over it. 

• Love 20
(edited)

@Ohwell --I thought about that, too. 

But imho if Kate has actually found a niche in something new --good for her!

I still can't see any way that it could possibly compensate for the cruel way that Puke broke her down and stomped on her heart! 

And I hope she is "already" in a new relationship with a man. Luke was months ago for Kate, after all, and hopefully the new guy actually cares about her and sees how beautiful she is.  

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 6
(edited)

Ok I'm just now watching the episode and haven't read this thread to avoid spoilers but did anybody else hear Luke say "I wish Kate were here right now so we could talk about things" and get immediately icked out? All I heard was "I wish Kate were here so I could tell her what to say".

Edited by sucker4reality
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12

I’m pretty sure the fact that Luke has “in a relationship with a man” on Facebook is part of his hipster douche tongue-n-cheekiness. He’s trying to pretend that he’s in on the joke in a totally ironic unironic hipster way (rolls eyes).

Also, did Luke say Kate was circulating some meme about “10 Clues That Luke Is Gay?” Lol, they are a trainwreck! Can tptb please allow them to open their social media now? We missed all the good stuff.

Luke reminds me of Jesse from 90 Day Fiancé. Jesse also accused his partner of drinking too much, said he and Darcey would connect better only if she “worked on herself,” made snide comments about her attractiveness (makeup isn’t for everyone, babe), and allowed his family to put her down and lower her expectations. He’s just a classic narcissist. I don’t understand why it’s always dudes who don’t have much going for them that turn out to be narcissistic. I mean, at least own something before you tell other people to get their lives together.

I don’t have a big problem with Will, but it really annoys me that he wouldn’t just admit to Jasmine that he didn’t find her attractive. Jasmine really believes that she failed due to her lack of communication skills, but that’s not what it was. She could have spoken exactly the same way, and if she looked like Halle Berry, Will would have been all, “you do have a point.” Look at Keith and Kristine! A man will gladly compromise if that is the woman he wants. Jasmine should totally work on her personality quirks, but other than that, she should totally ignore everything that Will said.

• Love 10

I would not want to be around Will. His habit of revisionist history and insincerity are a turn off to me. Also I feel if he wanted to coach, he would be doing it already.

I feel like there is more to the story about Kate and Luke when it comes to sex but we will probably never learn what some of it is. 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, lids said:

I don’t have a big problem with Will, but it really annoys me that he wouldn’t just admit to Jasmine that he didn’t find her attractive. Jasmine really believes that she failed due to her lack of communication skills, but that’s not what it was. She could have spoken exactly the same way, and if she looked like Halle Berry, Will would have been all, “you do have a point.” Look at Keith and Kristine! A man will gladly compromise if that is the woman he wants. Jasmine should totally work on her personality quirks, but other than that, she should totally ignore everything that Will said.

I don't think this is true. On the honeymoon he talked about how he liked the way she looked. On the mini-moon he said she was glowing. I also don't recall him saying anything about how a Halle Berry-type was his type (like Tristan from the previous season, or Jephte who wanted an "Instagram model"). I don't think he was attracted to her personality and their differing opinions re: how their marriage should work, but he did say he was attracted to her physically.

• Love 11
(edited)

I like Jasmine, but I think she is selfish and that is the problem Will had with her.  Will has a job he doesn’t particularly like, but does it to pay the bills.  That’s adulting and having financial goals.  For Jasmine to say she wants him to be at a job that makes him unhappy so she can have more $$$ to spend on herself is so incredibly selfish.  And, I don’t blame him for not pointing that out to her.  I think he got through this by being graciously quiet about her faults despite her pointing out what she believes are his faults.  I think if Will met a woman who made a lot less than him he would be fine with paying more than 50% of the bills if he felt it was a true partnership and she was contributing what she could to their situation.  

Edited by Booger666
Clarity
  • Love 23

Well, no major surprises in the end I guess....

AJ and Stephanie still make me throw up in my mouth a little bit. He is so fake, so full of himself. I'm sure by now, after the decision day episode aired (which was taped quite a while ago.....) these two are no longer together. If she an ounce of brain left in her head she would be sprinting in the opposite direction.

Luke and Kate. Enough already. Neither one of them should have been on the show. She is much too immature to be put into a situation that affects her future. And he is just a pompous a##.

Keith and Kristine. She's gonna chew him up and spit him out. Every "vision" he had of them in the future, she shot down. Kids, uh-uh, ain't gonna have no kids. Dog - uh-uh, ain't gonna have no dog....Again, they are probably divorced in real time by now.

Will and Jasmine. Good for you, Will. She claims she did all she could for communication and supporting him, but all she did was criticize his every move and comment. Such as when he expressed how happy he would be coaching and her first stupid comment was "there's no money in that" - - wow, how low can you go.

As for the "experts" - let's be real here people, They purposely select people they know will "play the game." Nobody goes on MAFS to find love. They go on MAFS to BE ON TV AND HOPEFULLY BECOME FAMOUS. Those puppy dog looks between the experts when the couples were talking, the fake tears, Please. I've had enough of this show. 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, lids said:

Also, did Luke say Kate was circulating some meme about “10 Clues That Luke Is Gay?” Lol, they are a trainwreck! Can tptb please allow them to open their social media now? We missed all the good stuff.

I thought he said 40! And I cracked up laughing! I could easily guess 20 off the top of my head, which reminds me -- I'd like to give a special shout out to everyone with accurate gaydars (and eyes). For everyone else, I'm not petty enough to say I told you so but we did in fact tell you multiple times. LOL. Better luck next season.

7 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

I like Jasmine, but I think she is selfish and that is the problem Will had with her.  Will has a job he doesn’t particularly like, but does it to pay the bills.  That’s adulting and having financial goals.  For Jasmine to say she wants him to be at a job that makes him unhappy so she can have more $$$ to spend on herself is so incredibly selfish.  And, I don’t blame him for pointing that out to her.  I think he got through this by being graciously quiet about her faults despite her pointing out what she believes are his faults.  I think if Will met a woman who made a lot less than him he would be fine with paying more than 50% of the bills if he felt it was a true partnership and she was contributing what she could to their situation.  

I agree. I don't think Will found Jasmine unattractive - at least not in the beginning. That gender role/money conversation was a turn off and her constant nagging and condescension was probably what drove that final nail in the coffin for the marriage and permanently neutered whatever attraction he may have felt for her in the beginning.

One thing that stuck out to me was when Jasmine's aunt said, "I'm sorry, Jasmine, but Will is the man of the house and you're gonna have to listen to him." Why the I'm sorry unless she knows Jasmine is a headstrong type who won't be able to allow her husband to run the house as she's been raised to do? And she felt betrayed by her aunt for saying that. I think Jasmine wants to live a proper housewife/sahm life in her head. In reality, she's not built that way and it'll be a constant problem (and probably has been) in any relationship she's in.

I don't think Will is lazy and/or without financial goals but his goals don't line up with hers and so in her eyes he's wrong. Why would anyone want to stay with someone like that? Jas wants babies now so she was willing to compromise but I'm happy for Will that he wasn't willing to settle for her.

• Love 18
15 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I don't think this is true. On the honeymoon he talked about how he liked the way she looked. On the mini-moon he said she was glowing. I also don't recall him saying anything about how a Halle Berry-type was his type (like Tristan from the previous season, or Jephte who wanted an "Instagram model"). I don't think he was attracted to her personality and their differing opinions re: how their marriage should work, but he did say he was attracted to her physically.

I see the opposite. Will is a “good guy.” As such he places emphasis on his altruistic qualities and he doesn’t want to be seen as superficial. I like men like Will and I think is philanthropic goals are extremely attractive. That said, men who really want you don’t pretend to be asleep whenever you are around. He said a lot of nice things about Jasmine but he never showed he was into her. His body language and avoidant behavior told the real tale.

In the end, I feel like his inability to communicate that he just wasn’t that into her has more to do with his cowardice than anything. The husbands even talked about that on the mini-moon - your partner should kind of know whether you want to stay married or not. Jasmine went into it thinking that Will was going to say he wanted to stay married. That was a failing that I attribute in part to Will’s words and actions being confusing. Sometimes people need to be cruel to be kind. Even Luke let Kate know the attraction wasn’t there. In the end, that was what really helped Kate get it.

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, lids said:

I’m pretty sure the fact that Luke has "in a relationship with a man" on Facebook is part of his hipster douche tongue-n-cheekiness. He’s trying to pretend that he’s in on the joke in a totally ironic unironic hipster way (rolls eyes).

I think it will likely turn out to be a bunch of nothing. Luke will whisper that he created the account as a joke, playing into the idea that people he meets IRL sometimes assume he's gay. 

No proof otherwise and leaving it up would seem to support that.

In any case I'll be tuning it to find out. Damn you Lifetime!

• Love 11
1 minute ago, LennieBriscoe said:

And one more off-putting trait of Lukewarm Puke (why it took me so long put those terms together, I have no idea!):

He has THE most godawful vocal fry I have ever heard! 

Both he and Kate have annoying voices. During the decision I kept thinking "Will you speak up?!" when he was muttering.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Empress1 said:

Both he and Kate have annoying voices. During the decision I kept thinking "Will you speak up?!" when he was muttering.

Kate's voice is better when she is not around Luke or talking about Luke. I noticed that during the casting and wedding, her voice was fine. But during the honeymoon things shifted and her voice was different and her speech pattern was different. 

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, lids said:

I see the opposite. Will is a “good guy.” As such he places emphasis on his altruistic qualities and he doesn’t want to be seen as superficial. I like men like Will and I think is philanthropic goals are extremely attractive. That said, men who really want you don’t pretend to be asleep whenever you are around. He said a lot of nice things about Jasmine but he never showed he was into her. His body language and avoidant behavior told the real tale.

In the end, I feel like his inability to communicate that he just wasn’t that into her has more to do with his cowardice than anything. The husbands even talked about that on the mini-moon - your partner should kind of know whether you want to stay married or not. Jasmine went into it thinking that Will was going to say he wanted to stay married. That was a failing that I attribute in part to Will’s words and actions being confusing. Sometimes people need to be cruel to be kind. Even Luke let Kate know the attraction wasn’t there. In the end, that was what really helped Kate get it.

The thing that is strange to me is that his philanthropy seems to be theoretical or just a goal. Is he volunteering now or is it just something he talks about dong? Because if it is just something he talks about doing then that is pretty worthless. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, lids said:

Luke reminds me of Jesse from 90 Day Fiancé.

Absolutely accurate.  Luke pretty much destroyed Kate for eight weeks and made her feel like crap.  As soon as I would have heard the repulsed and dead inside statements, you couldn't have held me back from leaving at that exact moment.  She probably felt obligated to the show to continue, but under any other circumstances, no way should that have continued.

The entire process was disrupted by Luke in his insistence that nothing be said about the relationship to the experts.  He was covering up and blaming Kate for everything.  She did the right thing, but by the time she told Pepper they were having sex, the damage to the relationship was irreparable.  I question how the experts got this one so completely wrong.  There was no redeeming quality in Luke and yet they managed to pair him up with Kate.  She deserved so much better than the embarrassment this marriage THEY ARRANGED was.

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

The thing that is strange to me is that his philanthropy seems to be theoretical or just a goal. Is he volunteering now or is it just something he talks about dong? Because if it is just something he talks about doing then that is pretty worthless. 

When Will spoke of “getting into coaching” my interpretation was that he wanted to give a large amount of time to it. I didn’t think he was saying he wanted to pick it up as a new hobby but perhaps get more involved than he is/has been in the past. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Soup333 said:

When Will spoke of “getting into coaching” my interpretation was that he wanted to give a large amount of time to it. I didn’t think he was saying he wanted to pick it up as a new hobby but perhaps get more involved than he is/has been in the past. 

But wanting to give a large amount of time and actually doing it are different things. Which is why I'm saying his philanthropy seems theoretical. Anyone can talk about causes they want to volunteer with but until you are actively participating it is just lip service. And this might be where he confused Jasmine. If he was already coaching a community kids league on the weekends, that would be one thing and I would see his talk of doing more as an expansion of something he is already doing. But it currently appears to be all talk. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, antfitz said:

Well, now that makes sense.  I thought so from the beginning that he was in only for the money.

Do we know if they get paid money for being on the show? In past seasons, they didn't get money.

Last season, they got the $5,000 per month ($10K) but not this season.

Maybe Luke thought, hey why not be on TV?

• Love 1

I think Will kept bringing up the "communication" issue because he decided to hang his hat on that being the only reason he wanted a divorce, when in reality it was also the fact that he simply wasn't physically attracted to her.  Sure, he might have said that he found her attractive, but I think he was lying.  Hence, the falling asleep whenever he got a chance.  It's cruel to tell someone that they're just not your type, he certainly wouldn't have done like Luke and said he was repulsed and dead inside.  

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Do we know if they get paid money for being on the show? In past seasons, they didn't get money.

Last season, they got the $5,000 per month ($10K) but not this season.

Maybe Luke thought, hey why not be on TV?

They get paid a small  amount (the exact amount has never been revealed) and that has been true for all the seasons. The Dallas season was different because they did not rent out Airbnbs for them, I'm not sure why, perhaps they couldn't get   filming permission. As a result they were essentially paying the couple to film in homes they already lived in. But it is unclear if they received additional money on top of that amount. But $10,000 is not that much when you factor in the damage a show like this could do  to your career.I think it seems like a lot for 8 weeks but the damage could cost a person more than that. 

• Love 1