Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E14: The End or the Beginning

Message added by Drogo

*Be Civil toward your fellow posters* even in your disagreement.  Posts will be removed and warnings issued for those who cannot follow this simple rule.

• Start Topic

26 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I don't have a DVR.  And it still sucks that you have to do that.  I'm paying for Lifetime, why should I pay for a DVR too?

Are we talking about the same thing?  I mean the DVR green button on your t.v. remote that can tape anything you are watching or not watching.  It’s about $10 more on your cable bill, but totally worth it.  Then u have a library of all your favorite things.  It tapes two shows at once, but u have to watch one at the time.  Just trying to help, no offense.

2 hours ago, lids said:

I just don’t think there are only two choices in this scenario where Will could either not have sex with Jasmine because he knew he wasn’t going to pick her or have sex with Jasmine and be a creep. He could have done something in the middle where he genuinely tried to generate physical chemistry with her and then if it didn’t work out at least he could say he gave Jasmine his all. The show is built on the premise that if two people are a scientific match they can make it work - even cultivating attraction. I don’t think this is true. I think without attraction, there is no motivation. But everybody who signs up for this show agrees with “science,” including Will, so if he did see Jasmine and decide to check out so as to not lead her on, he was ignoring the purpose of the experiment.

Very early on Pastor Cal told them not to move into the friendzone - Will agreed. On decision day, Will proudly said Jasmine had become one of his good friends. So he moved her to the friendzone! It was like he ignored what PasCal had told them. Also, when Jas would try to do the intimacy exercises, which were to, you know, generate intimacy, Will would take a very clinical approach. Hence the kissing experiment where they were supposed to find closeness in kissing and Will’s summation of it was that it was awkward.

I don’t fault him for being honest, but he was supposed to be honest and then motivated to move those situations into places where love and attraction could grow. I don’t think he wanted to do that, so he avoided trying, and I do think Jas is justified in feeling cheated on that aspect. Also if he had just said he realized he didn’t want to try, I would have had so much respect for him. I know the show makes it difficult for people to be genuinely honest. So in the end, we got faux-honesty and I can see how that would reck havoc on the other person’s emotions since they can’t fulfill their part of the experiment but they have to keep trying.

But that kiss was awkward. They sat there lip to lip for a minute. It was like two 9 year olds having their first kiss and not knowing what to do so they decided to count out 60 seconds. What was going to be next? “Will, lay on top of Jasmine and hunch for 2 minutes.” “How was that?” “Awkward”

why not hold hands and look each other in the eye and tell the other person what you find attractive about them for 30 seconds? Will could have done that bc I think he was physically attracted to Jas. On the other hand, Luke would have had Kate running into traffic with his non-answers.

• Love 2

Does Luke get a bonus for each time he starts a sentence with "I find it attractive when you--"?Because I have never heard anyone so unattracted to someone else say they found things attractive that often. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Does Luke get a bonus for each time he starts a sentence with "I find it attractive when you--"?Because I have never heard anyone so unattracted to someone else say they found things attractive that often. 

Negatory. He is only saying he is attracted to her actions not her. Look, if he can’t even say he likes her smile or curly hair - SOMETHING- he just isn’t trying. Hell even Will told Jas she was glowing in the sunshine. She played him but he said it. I’m a straight woman and I can say how gorgeous Jas is and how I wish I had her chocolate skin and her shape in that wedding dress. I can go through all of them and find something attractive. That Luke cannot find anything to say about Kate physically is him being an asshole.

• Love 11
On 4/2/2019 at 6:41 PM, endure said:

He had very poor communication skills regarding his feelings.

That's funny because I don't think he did have poor skills, I believe she didn't want to spend the time it would take to pull a true introvert (as he claimed to be) out of his shell, even though he communicated to her what he needed. She wanted like exact steps, that she could check off a little list so she could get to sex. 😂

One scene/episode keeps coming to mind for Will/Jasmine.  When I guess they discussed that his love language is basically conversation. Jasmine spent exactly ONE evening asking him prepared questions (and barely listening to the responses), then expected him to put out that night and was upset when he didn't. 😂😂😂

I laughed so hard at that scene because I'm exactly the same way as Will, and I've actually ended relationships before when the man (I'm a woman) didn't put enough time into conversation and relied too heavily on physical attraction. 

• Love 8
On 4/2/2019 at 7:06 PM, Crazy Bird Lady said:

I noticed that too! Just how did Kate "profit" from her husband telling her that making love with him (or kissing, not clear on that, but either way)-- makes him feel repulsed and dead inside?!!

Kate needs a serious lesson in self-worth and recognizing abusive situations. Maybe she "profited" by having this opportunity to learn what is NOT ok in a relationship? 

I say this because she clearly was giving him chances repeatedly expecting different results, and it seemed like even her friends tried to be extra kind in their delivery - as if this is her norm in relationships. 

• Love 1
On 4/2/2019 at 8:46 PM, antfitz said:

I think she was hurt by this relationship. She did not profit at all. I think he used her. I'm glad that she said 1st that she  Wanted a divorce. She finally took control. He is such an a**, I hope women run from him. Someone in here said that he was gas lighting her, and I believe it.

I honestly think they asked her first because had they asked Luke first he would have continued playing his sick game, he would have chosen to stay married and weakling Kate would have lit up and said she wanted to stay married too.

Just like every other chance in the season when she had the upper hand, he would throw her a bone (a half-ass compliment) and her entire face would light up and she would be under the LUKE IS SO GREAT spell again. 

• Love 4
On 4/3/2019 at 3:25 PM, Madding crowd said:

I think Jasmine knew Will wasn’t into her from the beginning so she picked on him to cover up her hurt. Then she tried to give it another chance with the sexy get up and he still wasn’t interested. And I agree she doesn’t know what she wants. I think it is sometimes hard for women who have been in the working world and are used to making their own decisions. I don’t dislike her but she lost me when she made fun of Will’s upbringing. You just don’t do that.  She had a nice figure and a beautiful smile-she will find someone if she can let her guard down.

That's where Jasmine lost me, too, when she looked down on Will's upbringing. I tried to understand and defend her before that. I also agree she doesn't know what she wants. I understood how she could say she was strong and independent because so many of us are trained that way and it's hard to find a balance when you meet a partner. But she does strike me as someone who is forcing herself to be or appear confident, if that makes sense. She can't fathom Will not being impressed with her domestic skills and sex appeal. On the other hand, she's willing to stay with someone who doesn't show much interest. 

• Love 3

As we all know, it's all about the editing. That said, I do think that Will thought Jasmine was physically attractive. I just don't think that he works well on an artificial timeline. I think at one point, he was fine with waiting until he felt emotionally invested in the relationship before having sex. He was in no hurry - she was. I think that he may have gotten to where he wanted to be in the relationship, but it just wasn't going to happen now and he did finally accept that it would be better to end it at D Day. It was (again, editing) hard to see Jasmine work so hard to try to be what he wanted, although she never came close, other than as a friend.

As others have mentioned, he was much more animated and relaxed when he was with his friends than he ever was with her. But, we all saw how Jasmine reacted to pretty much anything he said - the finances, she made a face when he told her what his librarian fantasy was and continued to just show cleavage in the black nightie. And, she did appear to be condescending when he took her to his childhood playground. The worst was the sexy nightie dinner time interview where she asked him questions and never used his answers as a point for discussion. The kiss exercise was horrible and awkward to watch. He does not perform on demand and she just never got that.

• Love 5
On 4/8/2019 at 9:45 AM, Gem 10 said:

Are we talking about the same thing?  I mean the DVR green button on your t.v. remote that can tape anything you are watching or not watching.  It’s about $10 more on your cable bill, but totally worth it.  Then u have a library of all your favorite things.  It tapes two shows at once, but u have to watch one at the time.  Just trying to help, no offense.

I stopped when I read $10 more.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Any guesses on if any “beginnings” have become “ends” or vice versa? I’m still hopeful for Will and Jasmine since they will be able to talk outside of the boundaries of the show. Maybe she will fall back on her financial requirements and he can explain his plans for the future without people recording their every breath. Maybe one day she will show up in a button down with her wig pinned back (that still makes me giggle). And maybe he will pick her up and slam her on the bed and take her panties off with his teeth. (I don’t know what her fantasy was except to get some.) I think Will has a lil dog in him once his switch is flipped. LOL

K/K will have had some struggles but will be ok.

Steph might be ready for marriage counseling or ready to kill/divorce AJ.

we already know about Luke and Kate

• Love 1
(edited)
17 minutes ago, scruffy73 said:

Maybe one day she will show up in a button down with her wig pinned back (that still makes me giggle). And maybe he will pick her up and slam her on the bed and take her panties off with his teeth. (I don’t know what her fantasy was except to get some.) I think Will has a lil dog in him once his switch is flipped. LOL

I will never get this out of my head now. Thanks. 😳😂 

Although I have no problem picturing Keith and AJ doing such a thing to their wives. No comment on Luke. Ugh. 

Edited by Soup333
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I stopped when I read $10 more.

Yeah, $120/year more is not insignificant.   Incidentally, my fiancé just added DVR to our cable and it was much more than $10; required an install visit, too, since we needed an upgraded cable box.  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

I was thinking of asking the same thing! 

Who thinks there will be even one couple still married for the Reunion??!

I predict two - Stephanie and AJ and Keith and Kristine. Based on nothing at all but my guess.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Soup333 said:

I will never get this out of my head now. Thanks. 😳😂 

Although I have no problem picturing Keith and AJ doing such a thing to their wives. No comment on Luke. Ugh. 

See I think Will is sexy but I like nerds or men that look like they will slam you on the bed and... I KNOW Keith has already done this. 😂😂😂 AJ probably has too but my vision of it makes me nauseated. Before we knew anything about Luke I found him to be nice looking bc I like beards. But then he couldn’t even kiss Kate at the reception and he became unattractive. An on Unfiltered he looks an unholy mess. I hate that Kate had to endure Luke. Even AJ is better.

and as far as who is together I put my “money” o K/K.

• LOL 1
2 minutes ago, scruffy73 said:

See I think Will is sexy but I like nerds or men that look like they will slam you on the bed and... I KNOW Keith has already done this. 😂😂😂 AJ probably has too but my vision of it makes me nauseated. Before we knew anything about Luke I found him to be nice looking bc I like beards. But then he couldn’t even kiss Kate at the reception and he became unattractive. An on Unfiltered he looks an unholy mess. I hate that Kate had to endure Luke. Even AJ is better.

and as far as who is together I put my “money” o K/K.

The irony because many believe Kate was an unwilling beard this season. 

I like Will too but it would crack me up if he was a closet freak once you got to know him.

And now I’m nauseated about AJ as well. I imagine him making euphemisms about “eating” alone and...🤮🤮🤮

• LOL 3
3 hours ago, scruffy73 said:

Any guesses on if any “beginnings” have become “ends” or vice versa? I’m still hopeful for Will and Jasmine since they will be able to talk outside of the boundaries of the show. Maybe she will fall back on her financial requirements and he can explain his plans for the future without people recording their every breath. Maybe one day she will show up in a button down with her wig pinned back (that still makes me giggle). And maybe he will pick her up and slam her on the bed and take her panties off with his teeth. (I don’t know what her fantasy was except to get some.) I think Will has a lil dog in him once his switch is flipped. LOL

K/K will have had some struggles but will be ok.

Steph might be ready for marriage counseling or ready to kill/divorce AJ.

we already know about Luke and Kate

I think both Kristine and Keith and Stephanie and AJ will be together at the reunion. But where they go beyond that is debatable. 

I doubt there is any reconciliation for Jasmine and Will. When he failed to take any responsibility for why the relationship did not work, I think Jasmine didn't want anything to do with him and that was clear when she was packing. If he had said divorce but had taken responsibility at the same time, it might be a different story. 

Nothing to say about Kate and Luke other than she will be less willing to let his lies go unchallenged. 

Hoping the K people are happy.  Hoping Stephanie jumps up out of the chair screaming that she made a horrible mistake. Hoping Kate admits they had an agreement to stay together and that she blindsided him last time around.   If Will/Jas are together, I will find him and smack the stupid out of him.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1