Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: The Getaway

• Start Topic

On 4/11/2019 at 3:48 PM, Goldmoon said:

I can't stand the Genki Girl trope wherein the naive adorkable miss who talks too much is AWKward but everyone loves her.  Felicia Day ruined the last 1.5 seasons of Eureka with her Genki schtick as Holly Martin, and the character of Nell on NCIS:LA made me stop watching at the beginning of season two just after she joined the show because I couldn't bear to see her overly-energetic know-it-all-ness on my screen.  Mona is this trope toned down a bit, but still super-annoying.  I love how almost all the comments on this thread say things like 'too much Mona.'  Considering that the powers just added her as a main, it's unfortunate they didn't do a better job of vetting her.

Yeah, there was none of this "she was tolerable in smaller amounts" stuff for me, my reaction was to hiss and yell "KILL IT WITH FIRE!" as soon as I heard Mona's cutesy-wootsy baby voice in her very first scene.

• Love 2
On 4/15/2019 at 7:28 AM, Florinaldo said:

I am always disappointed when an inventive and original show resorts to easy devices to move the plot along. In this episode we once again had Sara not making time for listening to Mona because she had something more important to take care of, as also happened in the previous episode. And of course when she finally listens, it is too late for the info to be really useful.

Also the ending, with Nora's efforts to  break out succeeding just at the right moment for her to arrive at the precise time in Hank's office for Nate to find her over the body and make the obvious conclusion, followed by oodles and oodles of agents barging on the scene, each one with weapon drawn, coming out from every nook and cranny, whereas all during the murder no one walked past in the usually very busy hallway; if they had, they would have seen what was happening through the glass doors and walls, but it would have interfered with the "twist" of having Nora being unfairly suspected.

Not enough though to blunt the enjoyment of a good episode, despite the bad werewolf effects and makeup for Mona. I thought that the truth-telling bug was especially funny and cleverly used.

Binge rewatching years later, this is still really annoying! The writers overuse People Don't Communicate for Plot Reasons and it bugs. Nora has to stammer and look guilty, saying "I'm sorry" instead of "I didn't do this". Nate might not have believed here but at least it would have been out there. Sara should know by now when someone is trying to say something, the world might just hang in the balance. (Though that's at least a consistently written trait with her.) Shouldn't they have code words by now?!  And the episode where Zari was a cat, there were more than a few moments where "I'm from another timeline where everyone is still alive help me" would have been ideal, but I do  get how that makes the show less funny. At any rate, I know I'm just spitting in the wind here. I really do enjoy this show or I wouldn't be rewatching :D