Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: The Getaway

• Start Topic

I share Mick’s horror at a world without Robert Redford. I do not share his dislike of Disney World. It has Space Mountain. I would love to see him with Fabio hair. 

I want to join Zari and Gary’s crochet club. I can’t crochet but I can bring snacks. 

They’ve gone to the seventies a bunch of times. I’m guessing it’s a favorite decade in the writers room. 

Ray was probably the most Ray he’s ever been. He should only drive a Winnebago. And play bongo drums. I swear he designed those shirts himself. Barnes Family Vacation: Our Family’s A Trip! That’s so Ray.

DJ Z was awesome. Zari is on point as always. 

Gary working with Nora? Yes indeed. 

The team spewed truths because of a lie eating roach. It’s Monday. 

Werewolf Mona is silly looking and I’m choosing to just accept it. 

I did like her confrontation with Sara. Sara’s at her best when she’s taking care of her team and that’s what Mona needed. 

“That’s what family is: people you don’t mind being annoyed by.” So say we all, Sara. 

Bye Hank. Fez, you’re hot but you killed Biff! 

• Love 8

I'm a bit upset for missing the entire first half of this episode. Since I was on a plane during last week's episode, I totally forgot that the show wasn't going to be on at 9 like I thought. 

Anyway, I can't really describe how little I care for Mona and her story. It does suck, but she's almost on the levels of the Hawks and Vandal Savage were during season 1. I feel like Mona isn't needed as a character at all and I don't give a shit about her lost love. 

Well, I guess it's a countdown until Zari/Nate get together. On the downside, poor Hank. I'm sad that he's already gone. I don't know, or can't remember, why there's a connection to Nora. 

The Sara/Constantine scene was nice.

I really need to go back and watch what happened in the first half. I bet it was great.

• Love 3

Predicting it now--Hank's not really dead. No spoilers found; I just have a gut feeling.

Mona, please go away. I'm sick to death of her ridiculous, ham-handed mistakes. No one is that klutzy or stupid. 

The truth cockroach effect was a blast. Only on this show, and I'm so glad it's back!

• Love 6

I thought it was sweet the way Sara hugged Mona, but like others, I'm over her storyline. I preferred her as minor character and love interest to Gary. 

It's a shame we're losing Hank. I think Tom Wilson was having a blast in the role. I really liked how the bug didn't jump to Hank because he was telling the truth in that moment.  I loved Nora in this one. Helping Gary, reading Mick's conspiracy thriller (is he branching out?), trying to save Hank, talking nicely to Nate. She needs to find Ray and get him on her side. Although, I'm sure Gary will stick up for her. 

This episode was really entertaining. I love that Mick wants Fabio hair which, considering his side gig, is in no way surprising. But probably a fire hazard. This show does 70s really well. I'm guessing that's when a lot of the writers were kids, so they get a nostalgia factor from this. 

I will be calling Constantine's demon-possessed boyfriend "Pumice Face." 

• Love 8

Gary and Nora were a fun team.  And it seems like Nora does genuinely like Gary, and doesn't look down on him.  She told him to stop digging because she feared for him, she didn't take any shots at him, and even yelled out for him to help her.  Nice change of pace from what we've seen.

Speaking of Gary, nice little moment that he was mad about Hank using Ava's mug.  Always like the moments on the show, where they do show that those two are actually friends.

The truth roach needs to come back.  That was a hoot.

Mick has his priorities right, losing Redford would not be good.

• Love 10

Sara really has become a mother to a bunch of unruly kids. Lol A road trip is the perfect family vacation for the Legends. 

The werewolf effects are terrible. But I liked Sara being a good leader and talking Mona down. I also liked John trying to cheer Sara up like she would him. Sara helping despite her darkness is rubbing off on him like it did Mick. 

I loved the truth bug letting us know the teams secrets, like Ray's scared of John and Mick want's Fabio hair. 

Never thought I'd see Nora and Gary working together. But poor Nora, I wonder if Nueron knew she was there and did the life force thing so everyone would think it was her. Can't believe they killed Hank. 

I guess Nate and Zari are happening. Why can't let Nate be single. 

• Love 8
(edited)

Constantine: Let's put Dick in a box. At the same time, the writing can make you shake your head (No pun) and chuckle.

Edited by mxc90
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

...did they just add Richard Nixon to this episode to make the Dick in a Box joke? Because if they came up with that joke, and just wrote a whole plot around it, I wouldn't be surprised. 

I agree with the general consensus that a little Mona goes a long way. She is just fine as a minor character, but her joining the whole team? Not so sure about that, but then this show has often done well by characters I didnt originally care for very much, so what do I know?

Poor Hank, he finally made peace with Nate, only to get killed for trying to do the right thing. Maybe he will come back somehow? Its a shame to lose him, you can tell that Tom Wilson was having a blast here. Poor Nate. 

And poor Nora. She was just trying to help damn it! The Nora/Gary team up was everything I never knew I wanted, and I love that Nora actually does seem to like Gary, and teaming up with him. Hopefully this will all get straightened out soon, I want to see Nora out there being kickass!

Sara, of course, ends up being the mom in the RV driving a bunch of unruly kids around. I did like her talking Mona down, and the conversation she had with John was a really nice moment between the two of them.

Loved the truth bug, and all of the revelations it brought out. Ray is scared of John! Mick wants to grow his hair out! Sara is REALLY stressed! Also, who knew that Mick was such a patron of art house cinema? That man is truly a mystery wrapped in an enigma. 

Ray driving an RV with everyone wearing matching family reunion shirts is just...peak Ray.

• Love 10

In no particular order, I present this episode's Tiny Bits of Joy:

- "KILL THEM. KILL THEM ALL." "No!" "Yes!" "No!!" "YES!!"

- Fabio hair

- Constantine lying about his tie

- Those ridiculous family vacation shirts

- Zari's DJ voice

- "I love you big."

- Gary and Zari's potential crochet club

- "WE FORGOT CHARLIE."

- The suitcases of the family that they stole the RV from sitting curbside

- Hall & Oates

- Honesty Roach

- Constantine following Sara to talk and make sure she's okay

- Sara's talk to Werewolf!Mona

- Mick's leather jacket

- Ray's gray wisps of hair (okay, so this is an Every Episode Tiny Bit of Joy)

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Sara, of course, ends up being the mom in the RV driving a bunch of unruly kids around.

Ray in Goofy Dad Mode and Sara in Exasperated Mom Mode was perfect. 

• Love 11

So much fun! The only thing is I would have loved to seen the Legends at Disney. I could see Ray totally gong gaga and getting into it. Also; Mick on "It's a Small World" would be the best thing I've seen on TV this year. 

Poor Hank! He was trying to do right by Nate. Also, poor Nora being blamed. At least, based on the promo for next week,

Spoiler

They find out it wasn't her.

• Love 1

Hank’s totally not dead dead, he’s gotta be only mostly dead. Not a spoiler, just a strong hunch.

Loved the Truth Roach and the ensuing character beats, especially Ray pointing and laughing when the bug went back to Constantine. And Mick wanting Fabio hair. Also I really loved that Constantine wanted to make sure Sara was ok and tried to make her feel better. I feel like he finally belongs and I’m really enjoying his interactions with the others.

I was fine with Mona as a third-tier supporting character, but after tonight I’ve had enough of her to last a lifetime. Move on, please, Show. I would’ve much rather had Charlie instead of Mona in that RV.

NO to Nate and Zari but I guess they’re going there anyway. Peachy.

It felt like we skipped a few chapters between last ep and this ep. Interviews have talked about some course changes they made in the season arc, and I felt this ep showed a lot of skidmarks, so to speak. IMO it made for a very clunky episode.

Always enjoy seeing Nora.

• Love 6
(edited)

I think this was a weak episode than usual. I dunno . . . it's like the wacky dial got turned up a lot further than was needed. Truth Roach was a nice idea, but it got repetitive. The part where it saw Sara's mouth block and went up her nose? Disgusting, yet funny.

I still see Gary as the weak link. Surprisingly, I'm good with Mona. Hers is a neuroses I can identify with. She's got so many problems, and that's not including the Hawaiian Were-Creature transformations. Gary was effective this week, but he should be judged from episode to episode.

And damn, Sara is really pushing her feelings down. Of course, she'd relent to those at the end, because she's Sara, and therefore awesome.

Listening to the confessions was funny, especially poor Preisdent Nixon (and do those three words belong together in that order?) Mick wanting long hair . . . random, but okay.

Of course, Nate and Hank would hash things out. And, of course, Hank would get killed . . . but what I'm assuming is Neron. Nora getting caught by Nate in the worst possible position was a nice touch, though.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 1
(edited)

I like the idea of Nate and Zari. I didn't horribly dislike Nate and Amaya like many others seemed too, but I also didn't actively like them because I didn't really buy them. I didn't think they had chemistry, nor were they believable at all as a pairing. OTOH, Nate and Zari actually make sense, and there's a nice rhythm and chemistry already there between Nick Zano and Tala Ashe that I never saw between Zano and Maisie Richardson-Sellers.

There was less Mona this time so that was better, but I hope now that she's a part of the team this means that we'll be seeing her in the background for most of the rest of the season so we can just see her gradually acclimated into the show.

Other than Mona, I loved everything else about the episode. The Truth-Roach was fabulous.

Edited by driver18
  • Love 6

Small thing that was bothering me all episode- where did Hank and Nate get the State Trooper uniforms from?

I would have preferred to have Charlie rather than Mona be part of the road trip but it looks like we’re stuck with her. She’s tolerable when she’s with Mick but a little bit goes a long way.

Still not feeling Zari and Nate. It’s a great friendship and they work well together but that’s it.

And it’s been said before, but one of this show’s strengths is how it mixes up character interactions and having Nora and Gary work together was interesting to see. Though now I’m worried that Nora’s warning to Gary is foreshadowing that he’ll be possessed or dragged to hell or suffer some other terrible fate.

• Love 2

So, in typical Legends fashion, Nixon confessing his crimes to the public would have dire effects, because he was totally controlled by an Egyptian truth-telling bug (of course he was!), which would also cause him to admit all sorts of things about the government people probably wouldn't want to know.  Oh, and also All the President's Men wouldn't have been made, Robert Redford's career would have stalled, and Sundance would never have been created!  The true horrors!!  Love that Mick was freaking out about all of that.  Sure, some of it was likely due to the loss of the tasteful nudity, but I'm sure a lot of it is due to him clearly being a bit of a film nerd.

The truth bug jumping back and forth between Ray and Constantine was so silly, but hilarious.  Constantine actually does put effort into his laid-back looks, while poor Ray hasn't had a good nights sleep since Constantine has boarded the Waverider.  And then Mick reveals he wished he had Fabio's hair.  Totally want to believe that wasn't a throwaway, and some kind of future mission is going to end with Mick rocking that look!

Not surprised that Sara is still feeling the effects of her break-up with Ava, and it caused her to be more snippy and less tolerant of all the fuck-ups.  Glad she came around at the end, but all that said, since I'm still not that wild about Mona, I still kind sided with Sara during all of that.  You have a magical truth-telling bug that gets its powers through lies, and you poke an easy whole in the jar?  Mona's really going to need some extensive training on how to be a good Legend, stat.

Should have known Nate and Hank finally bonding and understanding one another was leading towards Hank's death (maybe?)  And, of course, Nora tries to help, but now everyone likely thinks it was her.  Should make things complicated with Nate and Ray, assuming the latter gives her the benefit of the doubt, which I suspect he will.

Not much Zari in this one, but I did love her DJ voice.  Then again, I'm starting to think there isn't anything Tala Ashe can't do well.

Speaking of which, so it looks like Nate/Zari might actually be happening.  Eh.

Kind of wish Charlie was more involved too, but I did love Ray and Sara's "We forgot Charlie!" moments, like they were Kevin's parents from Home Alone.  They really are the mom and dad of these crazy kids (although I think Mick might be more the drunk uncle of the group.) 

• Love 6

I really don’t get why they need to put Nate in a relationship especially with Zari. He dragged Amaya down and I really don’t want the same thing to happen to Zari who is way too awesome for him. Nate is best when he’s single or bro-mancing with Ray. 

• Love 2

Nate and Zari have barely interacted all season so I'm not sure why that equals romance on a show that already has Sara/Ava, Ray/Nora, and Jon/Desmond to explore any potential storyline that requires a couple.  I do think Zari needs more to do than being Sara's exasperated XO and sanest person on the ship but surely she can do better than this. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

...did they just add Richard Nixon to this episode to make the Dick in a Box joke? Because if they came up with that joke, and just wrote a whole plot around it, I wouldn't be surprised. 

These writers are no "One Joke Wonders", they also managed to slide in "Trickie Dickie" (again no pun).

I'm unclear why the Legends didn't just squish the truth bug once they took it out of Nixon. Or why once Nixon was cured they didn't just leave him at the White House. But it led to a fun episode.

Maybe they can gift the truth bug to the Flash team, since they refuse to learn the lesson about not keeping secrets.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, BaggythePanther said:

And it’s been said before, but one of this show’s strengths is how it mixes up character interactions and having Nora and Gary work together was interesting to see. Though now I’m worried that Nora’s warning to Gary is foreshadowing that he’ll be possessed or dragged to hell or suffer some other terrible fate.

I would love to see a possessed Gary to see him do a complete 180 from goofy tryhard dork to serious and deadly foe. 

Love Nora, and wish we were getting more with her. I'd rather see her added to the cast (or the crew of the Waverider) instead of Mona. 

Mona is Cousin Oliver and that makes me worried for the direction of the show.

• Love 7

This episode had some really fun parts, like the truth bug and all the character interactions.  Ray is scared of John, Mick wants Fabio's hair and Sara the captain of an RV who was smart enough to cover her mouth when she lied.

I really liked Nora and Gary (one of the best parts for me).  Nora definitely trying to be a good person, but ends up in the wrong place at the wrong time at the end.  And I also don't believe that Hank's dead dead.

DJ Z was great and Zari trying not to use her DJ voice when talking to Gary and Nora was hilarious.  But Tala and Maisie were very underused in this one.  Which is a shame because I would have loved either of them meeting the truth roach.

And then there's Mona.  She was all right as a quirky background character, but she's getting far too much attention at the expense of the more established others. ie "We forgot Charlie!"

As for Nate and Zari, why take two characters that are interesting on their own and then put them together to cancel that out (similar to what happened with Nate and Amaya).  I wonder if since they changed things from Hank being the Big Bad and Nate being swayed to his side the shift meant pairing Nate and Zari just to give him something to do (although the father-son stuff is much more interesting).  Combined with they may have been going for Ray and Zari (which is more believable) until they decided on Nora.

This seems to be the second episode to mention in the background a murderous garden gnome.  Fun in-joke or possibly the new Beebo?

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

The werewolf effects are terrible.

Both the transformation effect and the final product of WereMona are just plain awful. Which is a surprise considering they rarely fail on that part of the show. Limited effects, yes, for budget purposes, but bad effects no.

17 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Nora getting caught by Nate in the worst possible position was a nice touch, though.

And that scene was a huge cliche in my opinion. When someone enters a room, views a situation, and draws the completely wrong conclusion. It especially rang false to me that Nate would jump to that conclusion as well. He knows Nora was trying to turn her life around, that his bro Ray has an invested interest in her well being, that she willingly gave herself up to the bureau, even went out of her way to help Constantine that one episode, yet he automatically accuses her?

9 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

Nate and Zari have barely interacted all season so I'm not sure why that equals romance on a show that already has Sara/Ava, Ray/Nora, and Jon/Desmond to explore any potential storyline that requires a couple.

Which is why last week it seemed to come out of no where and this week they doubled down. Nate already hooked up with an awesome shipmate in Amaya, there doesn't need to be a Nate/Zari hook up. I really wish some shows would just allow people to be happy being single and having awesome friends.

18 hours ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

"WE FORGOT CHARLIE."

I laughed every time because even I was saying to the TV "You forgot Charlie".

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

And that scene was a huge cliche in my opinion.

I actually yelled at Nora not to break out of her enclosure, "Don't do it, Nora, you're going to get blamed!"

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I laughed every time because even I was saying to the TV "You forgot Charlie".

I did the same thing! And every time, it got funnier! "WE FORGOT CHARLIE!!" 

Also, Hank trying to get Gideon to turn on for him. "Siri? Alexa? Gideon?"

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 7
27 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Also, Hank trying to get Gideon to turn on for him. "Siri? Alexa? Gideon?"

I was laughing but then I remembered when I bought an Amazon Echo the first few days I accidentally kept calling it Gideon instead of Alexa. 😳

When did Charlie get her powers back? Is it a left over effect from screwing with the timeline?

10 HOURS AGO, SHANTOWN SAID:

I would love to see a possessed Gary to see him do a complete 180 from goofy tryhard dork to serious and deadly foe. 

Well, now I want to see a evil, sexy Gary. The Legends would be freaked out.

Edited by BaggythePanther
ETA a response to another post.
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, BaggythePanther said:

I was laughing but then I remembered when I bought an Amazon Echo the first few days I accidentally kept calling it Gideon instead of Alexa. 😳

When did Charlie get her powers back? Is it a left over effect from screwing with the timeline?

I think she can only do it with limits. When she did it the second time in the episode, she could only change half her body.

12 minutes ago, BaggythePanther said:

Even prior to that Charlie had been practicing and was able to shape-shift in a limited way (one side of her face).  Presumably she's been continuing to practice and can now hold a full shape-shift at least briefly.

21 hours ago, dippydee said:

I really don’t get why they need to put Nate in a relationship especially with Zari. He dragged Amaya down and I really don’t want the same thing to happen to Zari who is way too awesome for him. Nate is best when he’s single or bro-mancing with Ray. 

18 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

Nate and Zari have barely interacted all season so I'm not sure why that equals romance on a show that already has Sara/Ava, Ray/Nora, and Jon/Desmond to explore any potential storyline that requires a couple.  I do think Zari needs more to do than being Sara's exasperated XO and sanest person on the ship but surely she can do better than this. 

9 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Which is why last week it seemed to come out of no where and this week they doubled down. Nate already hooked up with an awesome shipmate in Amaya, there doesn't need to be a Nate/Zari hook up. I really wish some shows would just allow people to be happy being single and having awesome friends. 

I liked Zari's interactions with Nate in her spotlight episode "Here We Go Again" last season where she was in the Groundhog Day loop. They were fun together but whether that translates into an interesting ship, we'll have to wait and see. The canon ships that really work are ones that a)aren't boring(they're either funny or angsty or both) and b)where both partners shine and neither diminishes the other.

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

I liked Zari's interactions with Nate in her spotlight episode "Here We Go Again" last season where she was in the Groundhog Day loop. They were fun together but whether that translates into an interesting ship, we'll have to wait and see.

Speaking only for myself, but the thing is I don't want to see it, which is why this hinting of a hook up bothers me. That episode is one of my favorites and I think I still have it on my DVR. Yes Zari and Nate had great interaction in that episode. Nate was so readily trusting of what Zari told him (because time traveling ship and the things he has seen) that he just went along with it, which is why him not giving Nora the benefit of the doubt this episode bothered me also. He should know things are never as they seem. But back to the relationship. I don't know about others, but the Zari/Nate thing bugs because, for me personally, it is just not something that is/was done amongst a group of friends. You never dated someone in your group of friends that someone else dated, it was like an unwritten law. Zari and Amaya were friends. Amaya had a serious relationship (sexy times) with Nate and even loved him. So Zari jumping on the Nate train now that Amaya is gone...is icky.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Lugal said:

This seems to be the second episode to mention in the background a murderous garden gnome.  Fun in-joke or possibly the new Beebo?

Is it related to the creature that possessed the Stein puppet?

I can truthfully say that Legends of Tomorrow is educational; I never knew that Nixon's "I am not a crook" speech took place at the Contemporary Resort, or at Disney World at all for that matter.  I have never stayed there, but I have wanted to ever since I saw it as a kid in the opening credits to Wonderful World of Disney.

I wonder if the 70's thing is a combination of cars from that period being relatively easy to source, and Sara cutting a great figure in bellbottoms.

On 4/9/2019 at 8:11 AM, mxc90 said:

These writers are no "One Joke Wonders", they also managed to slide in "Trickie Dickie" (again no pun).

Tricky Dick was actually his nickname at the time, at least to non-supporters.

Even though Constantine mentioned his name, I still thought putting the Atom in handcuffs was ridiculous.  Where's your suit, Ray???? Slip out of those things!

Finally, I want Zari's radio voice for my Google Assistant.

• Love 4

Very fun episode once again.  Not a surprise that this show does a road trip so well.  It's built for that.  I'm not sure why they didn't just squash the bug either but whatever.

I really liked Hank and Nate's scenes together.  I'm good with Nate and Zari together.  Nora and Gary were fun too and this show can do just about every combination.

Way too much Mona.

The actor did the Nixon voice but looked absolutely nothing like him.  Color me surprised too as I also didn't know that Nixon's "I'm not a crook" speech was at a Disneyworld Resort.

Minor quibble but Robert Redford was already a massive star with Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and The Sting (also in 1973) so I doubt not appearing in All the President's Men would have stalled his or Dustin Hoffman's career.

Great fun and I hope this isn't the last we've seen of Hank.  Tom Wilson has been a lot of fun on this show.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

I liked Zari's interactions with Nate in her spotlight episode "Here We Go Again" last season where she was in the Groundhog Day loop. They were fun together but whether that translates into an interesting ship, we'll have to wait and see. The canon ships that really work are ones that a)aren't boring(they're either funny or angsty or both) and b)where both partners shine and neither diminishes the other.

I liked Nate and Zari’s friendship in Here we Go Again. But what people seem to forget is that she wasn’t interacting with Nate, just Gideon’s approximation of Nate. I believe Zari told Sara about the time loop, has she told anyone else? 

8 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Speaking only for myself, but the thing is I don't want to see it, which is why this hinting of a hook up bothers me. That episode is one of my favorites and I think I still have it on my DVR. Yes Zari and Nate had great interaction in that episode. Nate was so readily trusting of what Zari told him (because time traveling ship and the things he has seen) that he just went along with it, which is why him not giving Nora the benefit of the doubt this episode bothered me also. He should know things are never as they seem. 

Nate walked in to find a known murderer standing over his father’s body. I’m not surprised that his immediate response was to assume Nora did it. Nate didn’t get the opportunity to calm down and listen to Nora’s side of the story because the Time Bureau agents scared her off. I’m not going to judge Nate for a knee jerk reaction.

8 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

But back to the relationship. I don't know about others, but the Zari/Nate thing bugs because, for me personally, it is just not something that is/was done amongst a group of friends. You never dated someone in your group of friends that someone else dated, it was like an unwritten law. Zari and Amaya were friends. Amaya had a serious relationship (sexy times) with Nate and even loved him. So Zari jumping on the Nate train now that Amaya is gone...is icky.

In college two of my friends basically switched boyfriends. One of those couples has been together for ten years and is now married. All that to say it depends on the group of friends.

• Love 2
On 4/9/2019 at 12:07 PM, shantown said:

I would love to see a possessed Gary to see him do a complete 180 from goofy tryhard dork to serious and deadly foe. 

Love Nora, and wish we were getting more with her. I'd rather see her added to the cast (or the crew of the Waverider) instead of Mona. 

Mona is Cousin Oliver and that makes me worried for the direction of the show. 

Back in Season One Mick Rory was the dumb, psychotic asshole who tagged along with the awesome Captain Cold.  When Cold marooned him at the end of Episode 7 in Season 1 (titled "Marooned") my reaction was relief that more dead weight had been tossed off the Waverider (Hawkman being the first anchor to go).

In Season Two there was quite a bit of hate for Nate - especially after he and Amaya got together.  Even up through Season Three I was kind of hoping that Nate would leave the ship with Amaya, but I'm cool with him now.  He's part of the family.

Towards the end of Season Three we learned that John Constantine would become a regular on the show and there was much dread on these forums that he and magic would eat the show.  He's blending in quite nicely and overall with the magical creatures this is probably the best season so far.

LoT has a good track record of taking iffy characters and making them awesome and beloved.  I trust it to do the same for Mona.  Aside from which from the few things I've seen Romana Young in, she's an excellent actress and I think she'll do well here.

Plus, to keep it a bit on topic, who could have predicted that Gary Green and Nora Darkh would work so well together.  For that matter, while many here are bemoaning a Nick/Zari romance, Zari looked quite interested in that club with Gary, so who knows from whence romance might spring?

I admit I kind of want Mick to hook up with someone who isn't a fictional character within the reality of the show.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, BaggythePanther said:

I liked Nate and Zari’s friendship in Here we Go Again. But what people seem to forget is that she wasn’t interacting with Nate, just Gideon’s approximation of Nate. I believe Zari told Sara about the time loop, has she told anyone else?

I assumed Gideon's simulation of the crew was how the real people would behave. If they were OOC the audience would've guessed something was wrong.  I think the rest of the crew knows about the time loop.

16 minutes ago, johntfs said:

LoT has a good track record of taking iffy characters and making them awesome and beloved.  I trust it to do the same for Mona.  Aside from which from the few things I've seen Romana Young in, she's an excellent actress and I think she'll do well here.

As long as she doesn't get a pass for effing up because she's young and naive I'm fine with her. With Jax gone, Sara needs someone to be a "big sister" to again.

9 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don't know about others, but the Zari/Nate thing bugs because, for me personally, it is just not something that is/was done amongst a group of friends. You never dated someone in your group of friends that someone else dated, it was like an unwritten law. Zari and Amaya were friends. Amaya had a serious relationship (sexy times) with Nate and even loved him. So Zari jumping on the Nate train now that Amaya is gone...is icky.

I'll bring up this Twitter post I came across last Christmas:

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BaggythePanther said:

Nate walked in to find a known murderer standing over his father’s body. I’m not surprised that his immediate response was to assume Nora did it. Nate didn’t get the opportunity to calm down and listen to Nora’s side of the story because the Time Bureau agents scared her off. I’m not going to judge Nate for a knee jerk reaction.

I agree.  I think Nate acted like a lot of people would act here and unfair of not, Nora's reaction is only going to confirm that.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, benteen said:

The actor did the Nixon voice but looked absolutely nothing like him. 

Finding actors with jowls these days is tough, but makeup should have..well.. made up for that.

3 hours ago, johntfs said:

who could have predicted that Gary Green and Nora Darkh would work so well together. 

They have a great couple name" Darkh Green!

• Love 5
7 hours ago, johntfs said:

7 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

As long as she doesn't get a pass for effing up because she's young and naive I'm fine with her. With Jax gone, Sara needs someone to be a "big sister" to again.

There are so many more interesting characters on this show that need to get screen time I don’t have the patience to wait for Mona to become likeable. If Sara needs someone to be a “big sister” to I’d rather have Jax back.

7 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

I assumed Gideon's simulation of the crew was how the real people would behave. If they were OOC the audience would've guessed something was wrong.  I think the rest of the crew knows about the time loop.

I’m sure what we saw is how Nate would have actually reacted. My point is that the Time Loop isn’t a shared experience. If Zari makes a Hedgehog Day joke Nate won’t have any memory of the conversation. Although even if the Time Loop was real, he wouldn’t remember most of what happened. My point is that Zari has those experiences and feelings but Nate doesn’t.

Topic? So it looks like the Time Bureau has (or will have) ties to ARGUS.

• Love 2

Not a bad episode but it wasn't until the end with Neron killing Hank and Nate believing Nora was responsible did it feel like we were finally moving things along.

I do think Mona is an okay character but now that she's found her place in the gang and they know she's a Kaupe, it does feel like we can just move on with the main storyline for the remaining episodes.

Liked Nora/Gary working together and Zari's DJ voice is pretty cool. Not keen on this inevitable pairing with her and Nate though.

Truth bug got some fun stuff out of Mick, Ray and John this week while Charlie was mostly sidelined from things.

Okay guest appearance from Tricky Dickie though, 7/10

• Love 1

So much better than last week's episode.

I want to like Mona and I actually did like her when she first came around and was working in the bureau with Gary, but now I am just impatient with her scenes.  I wonder if they plan to make her a full blown legend on the ship on missions (only for them not to be able to use her Kaupe transformations because of budget?  Or is the stunt double in make up much cheaper than Nate's steel suit?)

I thought the Nixon actor was really bad.  But I loved Sara just shooting him without a thought every time he became problematic.

I would much prefer scenes of Charlie and Constantine being all British and snarky and making British snarky observations about the Legends past missions than get a Nate/Zari romance.

My favorite things the whole episode:

- The sight of the RV driving away complete with a little pink bike on the back

- Mona riding off on that bike all sad

- Ray getting upset about getting a ticket

-Sara's map reading skills.  I had flashbacks because before google maps whenever we took road trips I was the map reader and I have issues knowing my left from my right (long story, don't judge me!) and to this day all I can say is thank God for Google Maps, Waze and GPS in general.

- Nora.  I really like her.

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

I want to like Mona and I actually did like her when she first came around and was working in the bureau with Gary, but now I am just impatient with her scenes.  I wonder if they plan to make her a full blown legend on the ship on missions (only for them not to be able to use her Kaupe transformations because of budget?  Or is the stunt double in make up much cheaper than Nate's steel suit?)

On the special effects budget, I wondered if that was the real reason Zari has been working in the Bureau the past few episodes.  Nate barely turns to steel anymore and Ray rarely has his costume nowadays.

• Useful 2

I can't stand the Genki Girl trope wherein the naive adorkable miss who talks too much is AWKward but everyone loves her.  Felicia Day ruined the last 1.5 seasons of Eureka with her Genki schtick as Holly Martin, and the character of Nell on NCIS:LA made me stop watching at the beginning of season two just after she joined the show because I couldn't bear to see her overly-energetic know-it-all-ness on my screen.  Mona is this trope toned down a bit, but still super-annoying.  I love how almost all the comments on this thread say things like 'too much Mona.'  Considering that the powers just added her as a main, it's unfortunate they didn't do a better job of vetting her.

I am not worried about the Zari/Nate ship yet.  They teased Mick and Amaya before they swerved.  Zari is the woman who found Jonah Hex attractive, and Nate, well, he ain't no Jonah Hex!

Since last year will likely be the last of LoT, I would like to see Mick have a heroic moment, even a whole episode devoted to him.  I would like to see Mona die, and Jonah Hex make at least one more appearance.  If we can manage to get Victor Garber to guest for an ep, I want  a time jump to Martin Stein's later life, just before the Legends caught up with him.  And are we done with Captain Cold?  The powers have created a number of awesome characters.  I will try to celebrate THAT instead of Moaning about Mona and the Hawks. 

• Love 3
On 4/8/2019 at 11:43 PM, driver18 said:

I like the idea of Nate and Zari. I didn't horribly dislike Nate and Amaya like many others seemed too, but I also didn't actively like them because I didn't really buy them. I didn't think they had chemistry, nor were they believable at all as a pairing. OTOH, Nate and Zari actually make sense, and there's a nice rhythm and chemistry already there between Nick Zano and Tala Ashe that I never saw between Zano and Maisie Richardson-Sellers.

There was less Mona this time so that was better, but I hope now that she's a part of the team this means that we'll be seeing her in the background for most of the rest of the season so we can just see her gradually acclimated into the show.

Other than Mona, I loved everything else about the episode. The Truth-Roach was fabulous.

Big NO to Nate and Zari. I dont understand why these writers have  to have NATE banging multiple teammates its gross. Plus I just dont want to see (and cant see) Zari and her awesomeness panting for Nate! Just UGH

• Love 2
17 hours ago, jay741982 said:

Big NO to Nate and Zari. I dont understand why these writers have  to have NATE banging multiple teammates its gross. Plus I just dont want to see (and cant see) Zari and her awesomeness panting for Nate! Just UGH

Agree.  I still remember on "Here I go Again" when Nate and Amaya started sexy times and Zari's puke-face following by "Kill me now" and her grateful expression when the ship blew up.

• Love 1

I don't hate Mona, I can tolerate her, but, the makeup for her werewolf character is really bad, like, Face Off-1st-episode-10 minute-challenge bad.

Zari's DJ voice/moments = "The Warriors".  If you haven't seen it check it out.  Great cult 70's movie.  I thought when non-Desmond was feeling Nora and Gary he was going to say 'come out and play-yay'.

I am always disappointed when an inventive and original show resorts to easy devices to move the plot along. In this episode we once again had Sara not making time for listening to Mona because she had something more important to take care of, as also happened in the previous episode. And of course when she finally listens, it is too late for the info to be really useful.

Also the ending, with Nora's efforts to  break out succeeding just at the right moment for her to arrive at the precise time in Hank's office for Nate to find her over the body and make the obvious conclusion, followed by oodles and oodles of agents barging on the scene, each one with weapon drawn, coming out from every nook and cranny, whereas all during the murder no one walked past in the usually very busy hallway; if they had, they would have seen what was happening through the glass doors and walls, but it would have interfered with the "twist" of having Nora being unfairly suspected.

Not enough though to blunt the enjoyment of a good episode, despite the bad werewolf effects and makeup for Mona. I thought that the truth-telling bug was especially funny and cleverly used.

• Love 2