Type keyword(s) to search

S38.E08: I'm the Puppet Master

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I kinda give a pass on the Wentworth thing because there was another Kelly in her last season and they probably thought it would be confusing if they suddenly started calling her Kelley again.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

People seemed to call her 'Big Wendy' much more than anyone calls Rick 'Devens.'

I thought that Rick wanted to be called "Rick Devens" (as in his full name), which I always took to sort of be a shout-out to his newscaster roots. "I'm Rick Devens with Action 3 news," or whatever. But Probst heard "he wants to be called by his last name like all my Survivor man crushes." Or two names was too much for Probst to handle.

But Probst looked pretty silly with who he decided to honor with a nickname this year. I bet he loves that the self-titled "Wardog" lasted 15 seconds in an endurance challenge, can't throw, can't solve a puzzle, is lazy around camp and does nothing but use players like chips in a human poker game. Yep, that's just the type of player that Probst loves.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Destiny74 said:

She may not have used it yet but I think that has more to do with Wentworth than Lauren.  They have shown her glancing at Wentworth at the end of every TC waiting for a sign to use the HII.  Now, it is editing, and those editors are sneaky guys, but she glances at Wentworth during Jeff's "if anyone has a HII..." speech.  I don't call it bad ass to effectively keep a HII if you are always looking to someone to make that choice for you.  I would maintain she would've used her HII already if not for Wentworth.

Kelley didn't even know about Lauren's idol the first four? I think? tribals she went to with it, including the Rick vote where Lauren was very much on the chopping block and at Wardog's mercy.  I can give her credit for bravery there.

But this discussion has gone way off the rails, I feel like.  Nobody was saying Lauren's the greatest Survivor badass of all time, just that she's a tough cookie.  Which can certainly be said of many people, including many people this season, but that doesn't take away from her.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, blackwing said:

For Lauren to just sit there and whine about how she doesn't get food because she's cursed and always on the losing tribe, but then not even take even the smallest of steps to try and obtain any other food (clams, crabs, fish, fruit, etc) just really smacks of entitlement to me.  And that I suppose is where the 21 year old personality is coming in.  She would have been perfect on the Millennial vs. Gen X theme since she seems to expect everything to be handed to her.

9 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Yeah!  Those Millennials who need food for nourishment.  That's definitely a true stereotype.

Yeah, kinda - but maybe not quite in the way either of you mean. 🙂

The mid-1960s are notable for marking the division between Baby Boomers and GenXers, but two other significant demarcations exist in this same time frame:

1. The acreage cultivated and operated by large commercial farms first exceeded that of all small family farms combined.
  2. The portion of the American population classified as “rural” first dipped below 1/3.

The significance of these demarcs is this: Boomers and earlier generations had significantly greater opportunities for direct or indirect (familial) exposure to rural life and its aspects (farming, hunting, fishing, etc.) than did their GenX and Millennial counterparts.  

I expect some of the reticence on the part of the latter generations to engage in such aspects (which might be perceived as laziness by earlier generations) is actually demonstration of an insecurity born of literal ignorance; earlier generations simply take their own experience for granted.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 4/4/2019 at 1:59 AM, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Frankly, I was much more annoyed with Julie (or whoever that tiny housewife Etsy lady is), than Aurora. I think what Aurora did was tacky, but not because Lauren was unconscious. I don't know, I guess 1) Victoria and Aurora couldn't super tell what was going on with Lauren, but I think based on the reactions of Jeff, and him confirming from Dr. Joe that Lauren was going to be okay, then hey, keep focusing on the game especially since it hasn't stopped. But Julie, first last week she thinks it's mean/unethical to vote out Ricky Fogle (no, lady, it's called Survivor), and then this week she's acting like Lauren's dead while Aurora negotiates. Bless your heart, Julie. Now go home and apply for a different kind of reality show. 

Beanie Victoria still rubs me the wrong way. Plus she bitched on twitter about not getting that much airtime tonight. Oh boohoo. How do you think these other randos whose names we're still learning feel? Sit down child and just go take some emo beanie selfies or something.

Agree with this post.  Julie drives me a bit....,, she seems very judgemental.  Jeff said play, Aurora couldn't see what was going on nor could she help.  She was on the bottom, so she played.  Shut up Julie.  

Extra vote is still in play right?

So what do we have out there...Kelley's idol, Lauren's idol, David and uh Devin? 1/2 idol? and one extra vote?

Edited by marys1000
  • Love 3

I've not read all 5 pages yet so apologies if I just repeat what has already been stated but

* these are the moments that keep me watching Survivor--that's my favorite kind of tribal council. The look on Ron's face is worth all the other blah episodes. So great. I really thought Julia/et al were going to hint at a move and wait. So happy to be wrong. These are the iconic moments--not the one Jeff comes up with in advance

* that being said, if I was rooting for Kama 6, I would have been annoyed, but thankfully there is nothing to root for there. It's not that I like Kelly and crew either, but they have the underdog thing going for them at this point

* I get Devin not wanting to run back to the Leso losers, but he also seemed to have no real plan. Has he not watched recent seasons? voting blocks? It's entirely possible that the 6 would have stayed rock solid. Now is a perfectly good time for him and David to keep things unstable and in motion. He doesn't have much to lose. He doesn't have to commit to a deep loyalty to Leso people either.

* it cracked me up that Ron and Eric were so happy with their strategy of dangling the family visit--which to me was red flag for "you are not winning this game; be happy with top 6 while R and E win the game." So obvious but they thought they were brilliant.

* it felt very odd to see Wardog talk some sense---not his Devin approach but him pointing out "who in your 6 are David/Devin going with"

• Love 5
5 hours ago, marys1000 said:

Extra vote is still in play right?

So what do we have out there...Kelley's idol, Lauren's idol, David and uh Devin? 1/2 idol? and one extra vote?

Yep, that's all the advantages in play in the main game.

• Lauren's Idol from Manu
  • Kelley's Idol from Lesu
  • Rick's 1/2 Idol from returning from EoE
  • David's 1/2 Idol from Rick
  • Aurora's Extra Vote from Aubry

And the 2 half-idols make one regular HII, not a Super Idol.

Over on EoE, the only advantage currently in play is Aubry's challenge practice.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 4/3/2019 at 10:03 PM, Melina22 said:

Eric's face as the third "Eric" was read was brilliant. I could watch it over and over. It rivaled Edguardo's expression as the perfect visual for "Haha, I'm the best! Wait, what??" watch it over and over. It rivaled Edguardo's expression as the perfect visual for "Haha, I'm the best! Wait, what??" 

I loved it for this reason, too. Anything that reminds me of the end of “The Four Horsemen” is good stuff.

• Love 2

I didn't think it rivaled Edguardo's blindside. The look on Edguardo's face (and the other guy whose name I don't remember) was 'What the fuck? What happened? Huh-oh. I can't believe it!' Their faces really fell. Pure shock.

Eric just looked like, 'Oh no.' To me, anyway.

• Love 1
On 4/4/2019 at 2:25 PM, ljenkins782 said:

Totally agreed that it would be so helpful if people could just call Wardog by his admittedly stupid nickname or if another stupid nickname must be used, Warthog is easy enough to extrapolate. But calling him "Dan" is just needlessly confusing since that's not the name he's using on the show and I'm not really sure what the point of changing it is. I doubt he's reading here so it's not sticking it to the man to not use his silly nickname, it's just confusing to those of us who ARE reading here. 

On 4/4/2019 at 3:57 PM, iMonrey said:

I had no idea his name was Dan until just now. I have never heard him called anything but Wardog on the show.

On 4/4/2019 at 4:30 PM, ljenkins782 said:

I would never have known his name was Dan either since they call him Wardog and the caption says Wardog on the TV when he's speaking. People shouldn't have to go visit the cast page at CBS or each contestant's personal thread to make the connection when it's just as easy to use the name that's used on the TV.

Thank you, thank you and thank you!  Every time I see the word "Dan" I stop reading the post and skip to the next one.  If people can't be bothered to use the names on the TV show and go out of their way to confuse me I can't be bothered to read their posts.  It's a TV show with names posted under the players when they appear on same.  That is what I go by.  Period.  It took me 5 freaking weeks to figure out there was no "Dan" on the show.  Wasted my time and I felt I was being played.  Please PLEASE stop with all this confusing stuff.  This season especially with no one ever leaving.

Meanwhile Rick or Devers (and you too, Probst.  Stop with changing his name midstream) went from my nice to naughty list.  So I'm all in on David with a side order of Reem for her snarky sauce.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, RedbirdNelly said:

* I get Devin not wanting to run back to the Leso losers, but he also seemed to have no real plan. Has he not watched recent seasons? voting blocks? It's entirely possible that the 6 would have stayed rock solid. Now is a perfectly good time for him and David to keep things unstable and in motion. He doesn't have much to lose. He doesn't have to commit to a deep loyalty to Leso people either.

He may have been hoping if he jumps on board this solid 6 and then may become the swing vote at 7 if it ends up being 3 vs 3.  I guess from a numbers stand point he is trying to jump on the majority instead of rejoining the minority.

6 hours ago, mikewho said:

I didn't think it rivaled Edguardo's blindside. The look on Edguardo's face (and the other guy whose name I don't remember) was 'What the fuck? What happened? Huh-oh. I can't believe it!' Their faces really fell. Pure shock.

Eric just looked like, 'Oh no.' To me, anyway.

Plus, Eric wasn’t even close to being as smug and annoying as Edgardo and his buddy (I wanna say Alex?). To be honest, I didn’t even really know who Eric was until this episode. Don’t get me wrong, it was a great blindside but it didn’t bring the same sense of satisfaction as when Edgardo’s face fell. Now I want to go find a clip of that Tribal! (Also an example of an actual iconic moment, Jeff.)

• Love 1
(edited)

It would have come closer to the amazing Eguardo moment if it had been Ron who was booted. We weren't shown hardly any of Eric being a condescending, arrogant jackass like we were with Ron. Eric was mostly a non-entity edit-wise and when they did show him he seemed perfectly fine. It was still a super fun blindside though because of Ron's and Rick's reaction.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 8
On 4/5/2019 at 10:50 AM, blackwing said:

I would like her a lot better if she wasn't constantly whining about having no food.  The people on Edge of Extinction have even less food.  She seems to think that the only way she can get food is if she is on the winning reward team.  There are certainly sources of food on the island and in the ocean, it's just that for some reason she doesn't seem to think those are options.

She never would have survived in earlier seasons! That is one thing that bugs me on these later seasons.....so many food rewards.

7 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

She never would have survived in earlier seasons! That is one thing that bugs me on these later seasons.....so many food rewards.

You can't complain that Lauren has been getting too many food rewards.

The EoE folks seem to be getting fish, thanks to Chris and Ozzy, I mean Joe. I am a bit surprised that they don't have a better shelter at EoE, they have had enough time and seem to have a decent amount of material. They have even less to do then the players in game.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, nutty1 said:

I don't think Lauren has had any food rewards, and she can't keep down the rice, so I don't see how she would have done any worse in the earlier seasons.   She is basically starving and hanging in there.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I don't think Lauren has had any food rewards, and she can't keep down the rice, so I don't see how she would have done any worse in the earlier seasons.   She is basically starving and hanging in there.  

Lauren made the Merge feast, didn’t she? 😉

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Lauren made the Merge feast, didn’t she? 😉

True.  But, there is always a merge feast.   The point is, she has done pretty well on very little food, so she would have probably fit in well in a season where the castaways received very little food.  

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

True.  But, there is always a merge feast.   The point is, she has done pretty well on very little food, so she would have probably fit in well in a season where the castaways received very little food.  

No argument there - just saying considering how much Lauren was complaining about the lack of food, I’m sure she tanked up pretty well at the Merge feast.  🙂

• Love 1
On 4/6/2019 at 3:34 PM, green said:

Every time I see the word "Dan" I stop reading the post and skip to the next one.  If people can't be bothered to use the names on the TV show and go out of their way to confuse me I can't be bothered to read their posts.  It's a TV show with names posted under the players when they appear on same.  That is what I go by.  Period.  It took me 5 freaking weeks to figure out there was no "Dan" on the show.  Wasted my time and I felt I was being played.  Please PLEASE stop with all this confusing stuff.  This season especially with no one ever leaving.

I hear you, but I want to say the reason why some here including myself call him "Dan" is specifically because he refers to himself in the third person as "The Wardog" and wants everyone to call him "The Wardog".  If he were not such an asstastic pinhead I would probably be calling him Wardog.  But because he to me is one of the most unlikeable people on the show this season, I refuse to grant him what he wants.  Some part of me is hoping he is reading these forums and getting angry every time he sees himself referred to as "Dan".  It seems very Seinfeldish of him to be reading these comments and exclaiming "What?!  They aren't calling The Wardog by the name of The Wardog?  The Wardog isn't happy!!!!!!"

It was the exact same thing with another despicable character on this show, Kyle Jason.  He of the amazingly hideous full back tattoo.  He wanted to be called "Jason" and Jeffy called him Jason.  It was discussed that his first name is actually Kyle so more than a few of us called him Kyle, just because he wanted to be called Jason.

7 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

You can't complain that Lauren has been getting too many food rewards.

The EoE folks seem to be getting fish, thanks to Chris and Ozzy, I mean Joe. I am a bit surprised that they don't have a better shelter at EoE, they have had enough time and seem to have a decent amount of material. They have even less to do then the players in game.

True.  But the people in the game proper could also be getting fish.  It's just that no one bothers.  I am surprised none of them (especially Eric, who looks like he should be the alpha male) tried to fish to be the hero provider. 

I guess they just rely on reward and hope they are on the winning team.  Ron was on the same reward team as Kelly and Lauren and actually said something in a TH about how he isn't unhappy he lost reward along with them because he wants to keep them as weak as possible.  I get that it's a game strategy, but I don't think I've heard anyone talk so spitefully about another contestant when it comes to their health in a while.  He seems like he is not a very nice person.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Her tribe won the chickens, other than that her, Kelley and David have not had any reward challenge wins.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, blackwing said:

But the people in the game proper could also be getting fish.  It's just that no one bothers.  I am surprised none of them (especially Eric, who looks like he should be the alpha male) tried to fish to be the hero provider. 

We don't know that they're NOT trying to fish. We just know that they don't seem to have any fish. For all we know, they could be spending hours a day trying to catch fish, but because they're not catching any, the editors aren't showing it.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, dstann said:

Her tribe won the chickens, other than that her, Kelley and David have not had any reward challenge wins.

And we all know what happened to the chickens.  I think they got to eat one, before the tribe swap and Wendy eventually stealing and releasing them.  

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, plurie said:

We don't know that they're NOT trying to fish. We just know that they don't seem to have any fish. For all we know, they could be spending hours a day trying to catch fish, but because they're not catching any, the editors aren't showing it.

Seabass apparently caught fish in his season but it wasn't shown.  

I kind of like Wardick for Dan but WarDan might work the best for those of us who know one name but not the other. 

Edited by marys1000

I really think it's a non-issue at this point.  Everyone here clearly knows Wardog's name is Dan, as evidenced by the many many many posts discussing it.  So there really shouldn't be anymore confusion.  

• Love 1
On 4/6/2019 at 1:14 PM, SVNBob said:

Yep, that's all the advantages in play in the main game.

• Lauren's Idol from Manu
  • Kelley's Idol from Lesu
  • Rick's 1/2 Idol from returning from EoE
  • David's 1/2 Idol from Rick
  • Aurora's Extra Vote from Aubry

And the 2 half-idols make one regular HII, not a Super Idol.

Over on EoE, the only advantage currently in play is Aubry's challenge practice.

Did anyone else see the article where they took a fan's suggestion to Probst about labeling on the tv screen if someone has an idol or advantage so people can remember?  I think they did that last episode but I must not have noticed.  They article showled Kelley during a secret scene with Name and 1 idol or something in red

13 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

I really think it's a non-issue at this point.  Everyone here clearly knows Wardog's name is Dan, as evidenced by the many many many posts discussing it.  So there really shouldn't be anymore confusion.  

IDK I keep getting Dan and Rick confused, not the people but the names because they use Ricks last name a lot and Warthog for Dan.  Although i think I'm finally getting the hang of it. 

5 hours ago, marys1000 said:

Did anyone else see the article where they took a fan's suggestion to Probst about labeling on the tv screen if someone has an idol or advantage so people can remember?  I think they did that last episode but I must not have noticed.  They article showled Kelley during a secret scene with Name and 1 idol or something in red

I would like a season where they didn't show people getting HII so you never knew who had one.  Then we would get a massive surprise when someone pulled them out at tribal.

1 hour ago, dstann said:

I would like a season where they didn't show people getting HII so you never knew who had one.  Then we would get a massive surprise when someone pulled them out at tribal.

They already did that at least once with their darling PTSD Marine Ben.  It looked like he was finally going to get voted out and then he pulled out a surprise idol that viewers were never shown him finding.  Frankly... it sucked.  But I hated Ben.  I think he found like five idols.  There was some speculation that producers were helping him in subtle ways, for example, a cameraman focusing a camera on a particular tree.  Then there was the new Final Four firemaking challenge which seemed designed to save him.

Of course, the show denied it, but the fact that we never saw him finding an idol and then pulling it out at tribal was particularly suspicious.

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, blackwing said:

Of course, the show denied it, but the fact that we never saw him finding an idol and then pulling it out at tribal was particularly suspicious.

Or... Production was trying to inject some degree of uncertainty/suspense into a season which had been remarkably bereft of such.

59 minutes ago, blackwing said:

They already did that at least once with their darling PTSD Marine Ben.  It looked like he was finally going to get voted out and then he pulled out a surprise idol that viewers were never shown him finding.  Frankly... it sucked.  But I hated Ben.  I think he found like five idols.  There was some speculation that producers were helping him in subtle ways, for example, a cameraman focusing a camera on a particular tree.  Then there was the new Final Four firemaking challenge which seemed designed to save him.

They also did it with Amanda in Fans vs Favourites at - I think - F6? She was the target and had an idol clue, but we didn't actually see her find the idol, just get told she had to by Parv. She looked so defeated all tribal and then pulled it out triumphantly and Alexis went home.

YMMV, but it worked from a viewer perspective, I think, because she was somewhat likeable. Ben wasn't, so his was just annoying. But I agree with @Nashville - in both cases, they were the clear targets and didn't have immunity, so it was the only way to get any suspense into the episodes. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, blackwing said:

They already did that at least once with their darling PTSD Marine Ben.  It looked like he was finally going to get voted out and then he pulled out a surprise idol that viewers were never shown him finding.  Frankly... it sucked. 

But I would like it for the whole season.  Maybe make a new rule that if you get a HII you can't reveal it to anyone else otherwise they would have to edit out lots of conversations about people telling people they have it.  I just find a lot of tribals quite boring when you know a person has a HII and it just becomes a matter of them playing on the right person.  For instance if in the next tribal council they decide to vote off Kelley but they are worried she has an idol so they split votes onto Lauren.  Pretty boring if we know they both have idol and both play them and are safe.  I think it would be epic if we didn't know, then Kelley played hers, and then bang Lauren plays one too.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, dstann said:

I think you might be overrating surprise and underrating suspense.  Idols coming out of nowhere would be surprising, but I think the suspense of wondering if a players is going to use an idol or not is better.

In a movie, a bomb going off out of nowhere is generally less exciting than the suspense of knowing there is a bomb on the plane, in the school, etc. and wondering if it will go off.  

• Love 7
7 hours ago, dstann said:

But I would like it for the whole season.  Maybe make a new rule that if you get a HII you can't reveal it to anyone else otherwise they would have to edit out lots of conversations about people telling people they have it.  I just find a lot of tribals quite boring when you know a person has a HII and it just becomes a matter of them playing on the right person.  For instance if in the next tribal council they decide to vote off Kelley but they are worried she has an idol so they split votes onto Lauren.  Pretty boring if we know they both have idol and both play them and are safe.  I think it would be epic if we didn't know, then Kelley played hers, and then bang Lauren plays one too.

But then we get robbed of the satisfaction of seeing someone go home with an Idol in their pocket (or two, as in the case of James in China).  If we are never told when anyone finds them we won't get the hubris and overconfidence of seeing someone so sure they are safe going home unexpectedly.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I think you might be overrating surprise and underrating suspense.  Idols coming out of nowhere would be surprising, but I think the suspense of wondering if a players is going to use an idol or not is better.

In a movie, a bomb going off out of nowhere is generally less exciting than the suspense of knowing there is a bomb on the plane, in the school, etc. and wondering if it will go off.

I agree that not knowing if anyone has a HII, then suddenly someone pulls it out at TC would be a surprise, but maybe only a 5 second shock. It's much more interesting if we know who has them, then wonder if anyone will play it.

Not for nothing, but are you a Hitchcock fan? I admit I am and he described the difference between shock and suspense (he was known as the Master of Suspense). He said, paraphrased..

'If two men are sitting at a table in a restaurant and suddenly a bomb goes off, that's SHOCK. And it doesn't last for long.  But if you SHOW the audience the bomb under the table, and the men are just talking, the audience will be thinking, Don't just sit there talking, there's a BOMB under the table. And they'll be wondering and waiting if and when it will go off. That's SUSPENSE.'

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, mikewho said:

I agree that not knowing if anyone has a HII, then suddenly someone pulls it out at TC would be a surprise, but maybe only a 5 second shock. It's much more interesting if we know who has them, then wonder if anyone will play it.

Not for nothing, but are you a Hitchcock fan? I admit I am and he described the difference between shock and suspense (he was known as the Master of Suspense). He said, paraphrased..

'If two men are sitting at a table in a restaurant and suddenly a bomb goes off, that's SHOCK. And it doesn't last for long.  But if you SHOW the audience the bomb under the table, and the men are just talking, the audience will be thinking, Don't just sit there talking, there's a BOMB under the table. And they'll be wondering and waiting if and when it will go off. That's SUSPENSE.'

I wouldn't say I am a particularly a Hitchcock fan, but I enjoy his movies. 

But, I think I got that illustration from a book on Hitchcock, while helping my film student GF with a paper on Hitchcock, about 30 years ago.   :)

Not to mention - you get a WHOLE lot more audience investment in a point of suspense vs. a point of surprise, and that’s exactly what TPTB want - an emotionally invested audience coming back week after week.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

See I am not sure why it can't be both.  We would know the idols are out there, we just don't know who has them.  So you still would get the suspense of wondering if a player is going to play an idol or not.

2 minutes ago, dstann said:

We would know the idols are out there, we just don't know who has them.  So you still would get the suspense of wondering if a player is going to play an idol or not.

There's something inherently different about wondering "Has someone found an idol and are they going to play it?" versus "Is Kelley (for example) going to play her idol tonight?"

With the former, there's too little information to create real suspense.  Surprise when someone pulls out an idol we never knew they were even looking for, yes, but not suspense.  Not to say that surprise isn't enjoyable, but it is different.

The latter is truly suspenseful because we have almost all the information.  We know who has the idol.  We know if/when they're in trouble and likely to be voted out.  We know when they probably should use it.  But will they?   That's what puts people on the edge of their seats.

The Amanda and Ben Unknown Idol plays had a different story, but we still had almost all the information.  We knew they were in trouble.  We knew they had to play an idol at those TCs in order to survive, and there was no other way out.  We also knew that neither of them had an idol when they returned from the IC before TC.  The only way for there to be any suspense for those TCs was to change the question from "Will they play their idol?" to "Will they have an idol to play?"  But suspense required us having the rest of that information; mainly the fact that they didn't have an idol when the scrambling started.  Leaving out more of that information would deaden the suspense, and turn it into just surprise.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, SVNBob said:

The latter is truly suspenseful because we have almost all the information.  We know who has the idol.  We know if/when they're in trouble and likely to be voted out.  We know when they probably should use it.  But will they?   That's what puts people on the edge of their seats.

I think this is where we will have to agree to disagree, I am not on the edge of my seat wondering if someone will play an idol when they are in trouble.  You may find it suspenseful but I do not.

So I watched this and the previous episode last night and I am super confused about the jury. So the jury is made up of the people on Edge of Extinction. And the people who get voted out go hang out with them and one gets to come back? It is like the ultimate form of jury management.

And the people who quit aren't obviously on the jury. But if they hadn't quit would everyone be on one mega jury? What if everyone had quit when the first two did  would there be an empty jury?

3 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

So I watched this and the previous episode last night and I am super confused about the jury. So the jury is made up of the people on Edge of Extinction.

Yup.

And the people who get voted out go hang out with them and one gets to come back?

Correct.

It is like the ultimate form of jury management.

Agreed.

And the people who quit aren't obviously on the jury.

Right.

But if they hadn't quit would everyone be on one mega jury? 

Yup, the Sequel.

What if everyone had quit when the first two did  would there be an empty jury?

Good question - but realistically speaking, I doubt many (if any) of the Jurors would be willing to walk away from the additional stipend money just to make a point, much less all of them.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Good question - but realistically speaking, I doubt many (if any) of the Jurors would be willing to walk away from the additional stipend money just to make a point, much less all of them.

Thanks for all the answers. I do wonder then, usually the person who goes out first gets the least amount of money and then it increases each week and the winner gets a million. But in this case who is considered the first one out? Was it the person voted out first, or the person who almost made it to the merge, got voted out and decided to go home because their chances were pretty low?

5 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Thanks for all the answers. I do wonder then, usually the person who goes out first gets the least amount of money and then it increases each week and the winner gets a million. But in this case who is considered the first one out? Was it the person voted out first, or the person who almost made it to the merge, got voted out and decided to go home because their chances were pretty low?

No way to state definitely without seeing the player contracts (which we ain’t gonna), but my guess is Keith & Wendy are tied for first out.  The only differentiation between those two would be if the stipends varied between the regular game and EoE - in which case Keith would probably be considered first out - but such a variation couldn’t have been included in the contract without risking exposure of EoE (this season’s biggest Secret Surprise Game Changer), so probably not.

On 4/4/2019 at 5:35 PM, Eolivet said:

Was it just me or when Probst was there by Lauren's side when she woke up and was like, "That's the sign of a warrior," did it kind of have a " ... and wife #3" tone to it?

😂😂😂😂  @Eolivet You're so bad!!!  CLASSIC!

• Love 1