Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: Fight or Flight

Empress1
  • Start Topic

As soon as they pulled out the fancy glasses I knew Maddie would break one and get a beating. JLH did a great job at showing just how jittery and skittish she was around him all the time. (The song that was playing when the glass broke was Sam Cooke's "Nothing Can Change This Love." One of my favorites.) She was either fearful or looked miserable/was crying. That's no way to live.

When Doug was making the fire I was thinking "Hit him in the head with a lamp while his back is turned!" I was glad to see her fight. Probably weird for her job to be to pretend to murder her real-life husband, and for him to pretend to beat her a lot!

6 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

That awkward moment when you run out of bullets.  We've all been there.  

His "aw, man!" look was kind of funny. Gallows humor.

• Love 18
(edited)

I was yelling and cheering when Maddie wacked her evil husband and ran off. That fight was brutal. I loved how she kept on fighting and then refused to die next to that fucker. Honestly, in real life he would have killed her, but I loved seeing a woman do whatever it takes and survive.

Chimney and Maddie reunion was so sweet. Now that is a blossoming love story.

I loved the scenes with everyone rallying around Chimney. There was so much love there. And Christopher just gets more adorable every time we see him. How is that possible? Athena's son caring about Bobby is so sweet. 

I still can't get over how much I love Buck now. He is so bad at being sneaky, but so good at loving his sister. I cracked up when he turned around and there was Athena. 

It was nice seeing all those scenes of Maddie bonding her fellow 9-1-1 operators pay off with them risking their jobs to save her. 

Poor guy at the gas station. He tried to help and it all went wrong. Too bad he didn't call the police first.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 22
(edited)

It was a good episode with a lot of sweetness to it, and it was nice to see JLH kicking ass and fighting back. That was a lot of running she had to do!  I was disappointed though with the overall suspense factor - a lack thereof. I never thought that Chimney or Maddie were in any real danger. They just weren't going to get rid of either of them.

Enjoyed Buck a lot because we rarely get to see the dynamic of a brother/sister relationship being that dramatic. It's usually either a couple or a parent. I also liked everyone being there for each other at the hospital and Harry bringing Bobby the bear claw. Awww. And that one hand on the shoulder that Bobby gave Athena was everything for me.

Not thrilled that the show isn't coming back until two weeks.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 11

So glad that Chimney and Maddie both made it out, and even got a super cute kiss at the end! Maddie really did fight like hell, I was full stop cheering when she thrashed that son of a bitch right in the head, then again in the woods. JLH has really impressed me in this arc, she played the whole thing really well. I especially liked her body language during the flashbacks to her marriage, she looked so skitish around him, even during the supposed nice moments. 

It was sweet to see everyone supporting Chimney, and he even had Maddie to wake up to after awhile, unlike last time. Chimney is such a nice guy, even evil Doug likes him! Not enough not to stab him, but still! And I liked seeing Athena and Buck teaming up, they're always a fun combination, even in such dire circumstances. 

Buck has really come so far since the first episodes. He just loves Maddie so much, and he tries so hard to do the first thing.

Poor gas station guy got killed trying to do the right thing. Thats why you should call the cops, and if you have a gun, dont let anyone, especially a clearly violent person, come too close to you.

• Love 22

I loved this episode...and even though I knew they wouldn't kill either of them, I also knew they could...I was hoping that the EX would die..so we wouldn't have to deal with (alive or dead?) type stuff..

Someone mentioned the music, I thought using "Wicked Games" was a great song to play for the gas station scene. I have never liked JLH in anything but I love her in this. Too often we see women being frightened and not fighting back but she fought like hell..and I thought all the domestic violence scenes were well played so that women could see themselves in her character.

I hate the two week wait but understand why...College Basketball tourney is next week.

• Love 9

I'm of two minds about this episode.  It was action packed and kept moving.  I did like that about the episode.  But it's also a story I've seen before on TV or in Lifetime movies. 

I missed the show's usual wackiness and this was the second singular-story-focused episode in a row. 

But better than it had a right to be.

• Love 6

Sam Cooke is my all-time favorite singer so I always enjoy when his music gets a little love. "Nothing Can Change This Love" is one of my favorites also. As a survivor of domestic violence, I felt JLH's acting to be very true to life and this is the best work I've seen her in. That feeling of trepidation even during the "good" times and the nervousness just speaking to strangers, being accused of "flirting" by just talking to men......yep, been there. Even though Chim and Maddie weren't going to die, it was a still a very good and well-acted arc.  This show is silly at times, but when it gets stuff right, it really gets it right.

• Love 21

Well, hey, apparently JLH didn't orchestrate the death of characters! 🙂

I liked the drama of this - the cutting between Athena and Buck hunting and the crazy run to the hills was really good. 

I also liked all the warmth and caring. As unrealistic as this show often is, what it nails is the emotional coming together of people in a crisis.  Sweet moments, like Athena's ex showing with the kids and bringing donuts, and explaining nicely to Bobby that the kid wasn't worried about Chimney but him...its nice to see a moment like that where all parties are cool. 

A lot of the abuse scenes were chilling in their effectiveness.  

• Love 14
3 hours ago, rhys said:

I was telling at Maddie to hit Doug more than once and then to not run in the snow& leave tracks! But she finally put the kibbosh on Doug.

Grrr. I was hit him again! If you are ever in a life or death situation let your monkey brain take over. I remember reading that a ten pound monkey could be killed by a strong man but he would be blinded, need a dozen surgeries and quarts of blood. If you manage to hit someone with an object, keep hitting till you get a nice mix of gray and red. Save yourself. Women always hit and run and it makes me crazy. I know "suspence" but it's almost a cliche.

• Love 10

Yeah, this was a different episode and it was pretty dark, but I still found myself riveted throughout the entire episode.

Athena and Buck teaming up to find Maddie was something I didn't know I needed. JLH and Oliver Stark were the two highlights of this episode, for sure. JLH for obvious reasons; she really nailed the abuse victim role to perfection. Maddie was fantastic with how she tried different ways to get out of the situation. Her overwhelming sadness when the gas station worker died was really painful to watch. You could tell that, for a moment, she did give up when the cop drove past her and Doug. She really thought it was the end of her until they got to that cabin.

The whole episode was done pretty well. Although I wish she ended him in the cabin, the way they shot the snow scenes with Maddie and Doug running through them was well done. 

I did like Chimney and Maddie reuniting at the end. That was cute. 

Also what was cute? An appearance from Christopher! I didn't expect Christopher to be the one that Chimney would wake up to first. That kind of also went with the overall tone of the show; not so serious at times and diverts expectations. 

Overall, definitely not an episode I'll ever rewatch, but a good episode nonetheless. Sure, it followed typical tropes on TV, but I feel like it was still realistic enough in terms of the acting.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Honestly, in real life he would have killed her, but I loved seeing a woman do whatever it takes and survive.

Yeah, I think IRL he'd have just showed up at her place and killed her without all the stalking and befriending Chimney. As Athena said, the most dangerous time in a domestic violence situation is when the abused party leaves. I keep thinking of that doctor who was murdered by her ex-fiance in Chicago (I think it was Chicago). She left, he showed up at the hospital where she worked and killed her and two other people.

Maddie's husband was supposed to be this surgeon of renown; I wondered if his job knew anything about his dark side. Probably not; as Hen said, psychopaths don't tell people they're psychopaths. (I think I read somewhere that a lot of people in positions of power have psychopathic tendencies.) I liked how Maddie told him straight up she thought he was a monster, and how he should do the world a favor and kill himself. I could see her thinking, if I'm going out anyway, I may as well tell this motherfucker how it is.

When they went into the Kwik-E Mart at the gas station and Doug told Maddie to keep her head down and pulled her hair over her face, I kept thinking "That's not going to fool anyone, she's covered in blood and bruises." I know it was dark, but still.

• Love 15
10 hours ago, Empress1 said:

When Doug was making the fire I was thinking "Hit him in the head with a lamp while his back is turned!" I was glad to see her fight. Probably weird for her job to be to pretend to murder her real-life husband, and for him to pretend to beat her a lot!

I clocked the fireplace tools right away, and was glad she used them.

10 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

It was a good episode with a lot of sweetness to it, and it was nice to see JLH kicking ass and fighting back. That was a lot of running she had to do!  I was disappointed though with the overall suspense factor - a lack thereof. I never thought that Chimney or Maddie were in any real danger. They just weren't going to get rid of either of them.

And this is why I like it when shows unexpectedly kill off characters. Then no one's safe (except maybe the title characters - but we've had a couple of shows where they've killed off the title character and carried on with a new name).

56 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

The whole episode was done pretty well. Although I wish she ended him in the cabin, the way they shot the snow scenes with Maddie and Doug running through them was well done.

My single beef with the show is that they didn't find blood inside the cabin. She whacked him at the fireplace and head wounds bleed profusely and quickly. There'd have been blood at the fireplace.

• Love 4

I am so, so, so happy the  Maddie's abusing husband lurking in the background ready to pounce at any moment story is all dunzo.  I hated that hanging over the show.  Really glad they just went and resolved that and did it one episode.

I liked the Buck/Athena team up.

I don't understand it, but I can't bring myself to like Eddie's ex.  I think it is the actress.  I am sure she is a nice lady, IRL, but there is just something about her in this that just turns me off.  So seeing her just annoyed me.

I thought JLH did a really good job.  It is interesting how the flashback makes you think it was before he started beating her, but as it got more into the scene you finally tipped to how placating she is, how much she has to praise him and stroke his ego.  It was chilling because read through another lens it looked like a functional loving relationship.  So yeah, kudos on the writing and the acting.

My dad was in the military and owned guns.  None of us kids (all girls) ever really had anything to do with guns, but he'd get into lecture mode once in awhile and one thing I always remember him telling us: don't ever point a loaded gun at someone unless you are prepared to use it.  That store clerk was not prepared to use it and it got turned on him. 

And finally the last fight was great.  I did roll my eyes at the 'one hit and run' because, girl, it is a TV show.  One hit never takes the guy out.  Never.  You have to whale on him.  But the final fight was brutal and well choreographed.

So now we can get back to wacky rescues!

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

My dad was in the military and owned guns.  None of us kids (all girls) ever really had anything to do with guns, but he'd get into lecture mode once in awhile and one thing I always remember him telling us: don't ever point a loaded gun at someone unless you are prepared to use it.  That store clerk was not prepared to use it and it got turned on him.

Same here, though my dad chose not to have a gun in his house due to an unfortunate accident in his childhood where an adult had left a loaded shotgun, and he (a three year old) picked it up and nearly killed his cousin. For which they blamed him. For real.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

And finally the last fight was great.  I did roll my eyes at the 'one hit and run' because, girl, it is a TV show.  One hit never takes the guy out.  Never. 

9 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

My thinking was, hit him with the lamp when his back is turned (there was one right next to her as she was sitting on the couch) and then when he's down, beat/stab him with the fire poker. Or shit, push him into the fire. When they were in the final fight I was reminded of the fight in Dirty John when the daughter stabbed John a bunch of times when he was on top of her and then went for the kill shot in the eye.

Buck is not my usual physical type but he could get it. When he just took off running like a man possessed screaming for his sister, and that moment in the ambulance when he told Maddie that Chimney was alive and also when he joked that he wasn't dressed for snow, I felt all kinds of feelings.

• Love 11

The only part that got to me was that poor store clerk getting killed.  Too bad he wasn't prepared to pull the trigger.  I noticed Maddie was standing off to the side just looking while the husband was struggling with the clerk, and I wondered if she couldn't have found something to whack the husband over the head with.

I thought it was an overwrought, hot mess of an episode.  It felt like the writers were hitting us over the head with a sledgehammer with the abuse story.  As someone upthread posted, Lifetime does it much better.

• Love 3
(edited)

I’m so happy they didn’t kill of Chim. I was super concerned that he was going to not make it for a hot minute. At the end with the nurse, I thought we were going to get a “Denny” moment and he’d pass away from something like a blood clot. Sidebar, this is the first episode where to me, it actually sounded like they were saying “Chimney” and not “Chimmy.”

I will also admit, I thought they might kill off Maddie to have Buck “go dark.” I’m never a fan of killing a character to spiral another, so I was pleased they didn’t. And it’s about time someone finally said “You don’t know Buck.” Lol-I’ve been waiting for that line for awhile now.

I loved all the Athena/Buck moments. I hope they keep throwing those together on calls, they have good friendship chemistry. I laughed at the ground rules for Buck-someone needed to lay it out there for him.

Edited by SnoGirl
  • Love 5

I agree with others that in real life the ex would have just killed her.  One of my good friends in high school was killed by her ex because she broke up with him and would not go to prom with him.  He also shot and wounded another friend that was in the car.  

I can not imagine how hard the fight scene had to be to film, emotionally.  Imagine trying to fight your husband or wife like that.  Even if it was just fake.  I was very impressed with JLH and Oliver in this episode.   I loved the Christopher appearance.  Also the joke by Bobby about the annual Chimney in the hospital and the girlfriend not around  

• Love 9
(edited)

I am not sure in real life he would have killed Maddie right away.  He thought killing Chimney was this great show of love and Maddie would magically love him again.  After the gas station incident I think it was becoming less and less likely he was believing that though.  But he was still waiting for her to love him again before he killed her.

I’ve never been a fan of not liking a show or a storyline because someone else does it better.   This show has always been a strange mishmash of different genres.  Some work some don’t.  This is a Ryan Murphy Production and the one thing he is good at is overruaught emotional horror.   Putting Maddie in danger with a guy chasing after her is straight out of American Horror Story and so is the fight back.  Of course she wasn’t going to succeed the first two times so there were going to be missteps that a person watching might slap their own farhead and groan because how can someone be so stupid?   And yet plenty of people make that very same mistake under extreme situations which is why I found the whole situation exceptionally well done.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 6
(edited)

Such a waste of an episode. No emergencies, apart from Buck and Athena the main characters were nowhere to be seen. People don't watch the show for JLH and her husband. Cringeworthy acting from both of them.

Chimney's almost death was handled rather lightly and disrespectfully given how serious his injuries were. I’m not gonna lie and say I didn't laugh when Buck dramatically said "Oh please don't let him die" when he tried to break into his phone, but damn... he really could have died. His injuries were much more serious than the minor injuries his sister suffered and he was freaking out about her. He should've showed the same concern towards Chimney. The disrespect.
Speaking of disrespect, will the poor guy who died for maddie get a mention in the future? "everyone survived" yeah.. not really.

Edited by Blackbird999999lol
i write like im drunk
  • Love 1

I'm of two minds about this episode.  It was action packed and kept moving.  I did like that about the episode.  But it's also a story I've seen before on TV or in Lifetime movies. 

I thought the episode was well-written and structured well. It kept my interest. But at the same time, I was pretty confident they weren't going to kill off Maddie, so I really wasn't as invested in this as I should have been. There just wasn't anything at stake. They also established pretty early on that Chimney was going to be OK so my biggest worry wasn't whether or not Maddie and Chimney would survive. It was whether they were going to drag this story out over more than one episode.

Like I said, it was done well. I just prefer the "regular" episodes where they go out on crazy calls. That's really what differentiates this show from a glut of other procedurals. 

• Love 4
(edited)
15 hours ago, rhys said:

I was telling at Maddie to hit Doug more than once and then to not run in the snow& leave tracks! But she finally put the kibbosh on Doug.

I see this too frequently in movies and on tv shows. Someone is trying to kill you, and you manage to knock them down, but instead of hitting them again, disarming them, etc, you run, frequently dropping the weapon you managed to use to disable them briefly. I know you'd be in a panic, but what the hell?

Granted, she did use the footprints to trick him so she could whack him again.

Edited by nokat
  • Love 3

I really hate the "one whack and run" tactic, but at least Maddie didn't drop her weapon even with all that running. And instead of running off in a blind panic and finally falling down in a sobbing heap, she was smart enough to lay a trap for him so she could use the poker again. I am sorry she didn't pound his head to jelly in the cabin when she had the advantage but her final knife work was impressive. His own weapon, too. 

• Love 7

Sorry, family trumps friends. Maddie is Buck's sister who he has always been depicted as being loving and fond of. Chimney is a friend, a good friend but not his family. I saw nothing disrespectful in Buck's reactions. 

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

I was actually counting the shots looking for a continuity error.  Nope, he fired six times.

I've never been a huge fan of JLH, but she really knocked out of the park.

And I teared up a little when Buck was running towards Maddie.

• Love 8
(edited)
8 hours ago, Blackbird999999lol said:

Chimney's almost death was handled rather lightly and disrespectfully given how serious his injuries were. I’m not gonna lie and say I didn't laugh when Buck dramatically said "Oh please don't let him die" when he tried to break into his phone, but damn... he really could have died. His injuries were much more serious than the minor injuries his sister suffered and he was freaking out about her. He should've showed the same concern towards Chimney. The disrespect.

Athena “Buck your sister is missing and probably dead”

Buck “O.K.  Well Chimnwy is laying in the hospital so I really shouldn’t  leave right now. “

Athena “Your Sister...”

Buck. “Chimney needs me “

Athena “you’re right no one cares about Maddie anyway.  Where’s Chimney?”

2 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Sorry, family trumps friends. Maddie is Buck's sister who he has always been depicted as being loving and fond of. Chimney is a friend, a good friend but not his family. I saw nothing disrespectful in Buck's reactions. 

Chimney was already mostly out of danger.  Buck sitting in the hospital would have been a nice gesture but his sister was in very real danger.  I don’t understand how anyone would expect him to sit in the hospital doing nothing when he was literally doing something to try and save his sister.  I don’t even think Chimney would be upset at him,r

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, DearEvette said:

And finally the last fight was great.  I did roll my eyes at the 'one hit and run' because, girl, it is a TV show.  One hit never takes the guy out.  Never.  You have to whale on him.  But the final fight was brutal and well choreographed.

I know!  When she hit him with the poker the first time and ran, I yelled 'double tap! double tap!' because I knew she needed to hit him again (and again).  But, maybe that saying is just for shooting someone with a gun.  I had never even heard that phrase until I watched 'Zombieland' (rule #2). 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Chaos Theory said:

Chimney was already mostly out of danger.  Buck sitting in the hospital would have been a nice gesture but his sister was in very real danger.  I don’t understand how anyone would expect him to sit in the hospital doing nothing when he was literally doing something to try and save his sister.  I don’t even think Chimney would be upset at him,

Exactly. There was nothing he could do for Chimney - the doctors had it in hand at that point. Not only is Maddie his sister but he's trained in rescue; he might have quite literally been able to help her.

• Love 6
(edited)

I feel like one thing we could us more of on TV right now is scenes of women killing their abusers. I cheered when Maddie shoved that knife into him.

Can this please be the last time we have to see Chim in the hospital? First the head injury then this. This character shouldn't be subjected to any more.

R.I.P. Convenience Store Guy. You died trying to help someone who needed it.

Edited by marceline
  • Love 13
8 hours ago, Blackbird999999lol said:

Chimney's almost death was handled rather lightly and disrespectfully given how serious his injuries were.

Not only was he fine early on but we, as a show, have had a serious "is Chimney going to die?" story.  No point in going down that road again too much.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, starri said:

I've never been a huge fan of JLH, but she really knocked out of the park.

And I teared up a little when Buck was running towards Maddie.

I've never been a fan either, and this will probably be the only episode I liked her in, but she really did an awesome job!  Next week, she'll be back to her bad haircut and her 911 uniform shirt unbuttoned one too many.

I teared up too, but at the part where she was stabbing the ex and screaming.  So many different emotions she would would be feeling - she played that scene very convincingly.  

13 hours ago, DearEvette said:

I don't understand it, but I can't bring myself to like Eddie's ex.  I think it is the actress.  I am sure she is a nice lady, IRL, but there is just something about her in this that just turns me off.  So seeing her just annoyed me.

Agree.  I think she has zero chemistry with Eddie and even less with Christopher so that makes her very off-putting, IMO.  Speaking of Christopher... That kid lights up the room!  I love when he told Chimney to "rest well."  He sounded so natural, not like a he was saying a scripted line.

Hopefully, in 2 weeks, this show will be back to it's normal craziness!

• Love 2
On 4/1/2019 at 7:20 PM, Chaos Theory said:

"Psychopaths don't generally announce they are psychopaths."

Psychopaths are usually easy to tell -- they're the ones who usually don't know right from wrong.  Sociopaths, as hubby was, are harder -- they know right from wrong, but they just don't care.   Hubby knew that killing was wrong, but it brought him his goal and that was all that mattered.

On 4/1/2019 at 7:55 PM, rhys said:

I agree with those who say she should have turned his brains to mush and then shot him, just to make sure.  But then we wouldn't have gotten the awesome fight scene at the end.

On 4/1/2019 at 8:29 PM, memememe76 said:

"Don't be afraid to run, be afraid to stay"

Far too many battered women wind up dead women because they don't run, so this is good advice.

17 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

Checkov's Poker.

• Love 4
(edited)
7 hours ago, Rap541 said:

He hasn't seen her or heard from her for years and his work family has been his real family.
I just hate how they made light of Chimney's situation to not take away the attention from maddie. When they showed both of them at the end you could see he was in much worse shape than she is. At the end I was waiting for her horny ass to jump on him and Chimney be like "hey i'm dying in case you didn't notice. actually, no one noticed".
I'm having a hard time believing that someone like Hen would take his best friend's stabbing so lightly and wouldn't be angry at maddie one bit.

I wrote this WAY BEFORE 2x13 and 2x12 aired, I was speculating from the 2x11 promo & 2x13 synopsis:

" Oh look, maddie goes missing when Chimney gets stabbed. Getting stabbed is a huge deal, it's not like you can recover quickly from that. Hopefully maddie's situation won't take away the attention from him completely. I really hope they don't make him recover from the stabbing too quickly, but I have a feeling they'll try to make us forget about it by 2x14. Buck left him on the ground in the promo so I guess he doesn't matter. Oh, he got stabbed but maddie has it worse, don't mind him. If anything, Buck would care about his seriously injured friend more than someone he hasn't seen in years. "

It's like you can predict how they'll handle things in this show.

Hopefully there's no Maddie Begins episode for her after this, because this episode was "Maddie Begins, Maddie Ends and Maddie Comes Back (from the "dead") Even Though No One Asked Her to Come Back" all at the same time.
While NO ONEs watching the show for her.

To say something positive: Buck is endearing and Oliver Stark is a really good actor, his acting just seems very genuine. I thought he was a good actor before they actually gave him something to do. He portrays the dumb kid who's growing up with the show really well. And I love his dumb moments like the one at the hospital. He's naturally and unintentionally funny.
I have similiar thoughts about Kenneth Choi/Chimney. Last week's episode was one of the best. I don't think he has any chemistry with maddie at all. It makes me sad that they're focusing on that crap so much because there's so much more to his character than his relationship with maddie, just watch 2x12 and see 😞

Edited by Blackbird999999lol
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, marceline said:

R.I.P. Convenience Store Guy. You died trying to help someone who needed it.

That was the last straw for Maddie. She suggested the remote cabins thinking that she'd be his last victim. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, BooksRule said:

I know!  When she hit him with the poker the first time and ran, I yelled 'double tap! double tap!' because I knew she needed to hit him again (and again).  But, maybe that saying is just for shooting someone with a gun.  I had never even heard that phrase until I watched 'Zombieland' (rule #2). 

It is a combat shooting term coming from battle experience of those who have been shot remaining in the fight. So 6 shot revolver training became to double tap and then check your tactical position. When police mostly changed to 15 shot semi-automatic with faster reloads the teaching changed to fire until the threat dropped thus now we hear of police firing scores of rounds instead of 6 as they did before the 80s up gunning.

On the other hand mixed martial arts have changed fighting ethics. We had a little girl almost killed in a fight because instead of the fight stopping when someone went down as all older folks learned from the boxing era in the UFC era that kids watch today when someone goes down you jump on and pound their head into the ground. Only in real life there is no NFL linebacker sized referee tackling you before you kill an opponent 

• Love 3

Fight or flight is instinct. There is no thinking going on. Maddie was focus on fleeing. She wanted nothing more than to get away from him. She only killed him when there was no other option. JLH absolutely nailed it. Her husband was damn good, too. Excellent episode.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
On 4/1/2019 at 9:29 PM, Empress1 said:

When he started chasing her, I told my husband, IF the gas station guy had a fully loaded gun, there were two shots left. Two to kill the gas station attendant, 2 at Maddie and then he shot twice at her, hitting the tree once. I said, "And that should be it..." and the next thing was "click, click".  I was so proud of myself for thinking that. LOL  And even more impressed that they didn't just have him shooting way more than 6 shots all willy-nilly and stuff. : )

• Love 6
On 4/2/2019 at 1:59 AM, crowsworks said:

Grrr. I was hit him again! If you are ever in a life or death situation let your monkey brain take over. I remember reading that a ten pound monkey could be killed by a strong man but he would be blinded, need a dozen surgeries and quarts of blood. If you manage to hit someone with an object, keep hitting till you get a nice mix of gray and red. Save yourself. Women always hit and run and it makes me crazy. I know "suspence" but it's almost a cliche.

I told my husband I was impressed that Maddie kept the fireplace poker in her hand as she ran away. Almost every single movie/tv show, someone shoots someone and then drops the gun when they "think" the person is dead, or they drop the heavy object they hit them with because they "think" he's dead. And now I start talking about this, I am again impressed with this show that they did not have him miraculously still be alive and grab her as she started to get up to run away at the end. That is what ALWAYS seems to happen.

• Love 5
(edited)
11 hours ago, torqy said:

Rewrite of Sleeping With the Enemy with Julia Roberts and Patrick Bergin

I was actually thing of Enough with Jennifer Lopez.  Not the best movie but abused woman fights back isn’t really new but it is (unfortunately) still relevant and I thought 911 did it well.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 3