Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: One Wedding and a Funeral?

• Start Topic

25 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Can you see Paige a a book club? What if she didn't like the book? What if she liked the book and someone else didn't? Its towel folding all over again.

What boggles my mind is that she acted like she really did not understand why Brandy was upset. It seems like Paige really went off on Brandy when the cameras stopped rolling, and Paige thinks that was just fine and Brandy overreacted. I will bet that Paige loses it regularly and expects everyone to just deal with it - "So I screamed at you and trashed the house and told you to go to hell and I wish you were dead - no big deal, right? Wanna grab some dinner?"

• LOL 2
  • Love 13

Paige invited Brandy to the house to treat her like garbage, and then she was shocked (Shocked, I tell you! Shocked!) that Brandy decided to leave.  I would bet that Paige went for seething resentment in front of the cameras as we saw.  Once they left @Gothish520 nailed it, Paige went full screaming lunatic on Brandy.  I still cannot imagine what Brandy sees as desirable in Bernie.  I did gain respect for her when she decided to leave.

Paige in front of the cameras:

giphy.gif

Paige when the camera crew left:

giphy.gif

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
On 4/1/2019 at 7:14 AM, Desert Rat said:

My first reaction watching the show was, "Wow, Paige, you really handled that poorly. You made Brandi leave, upset your husband, made the kids cry. You're horrible, Paige. WTH is wrong with you?" But then I thought how would I react if I were Paige and my husband brought home a new honey, a new bedmate, a woman he "really likes." After I just told him I couldn't do the plural marriage thing. But then I realized she was quite restrained. I wouldn't be passive aggressive, like Paige. No, I would be straight up aggressive and Bernie would know, under no uncertain terms, I was not doing polygamy. Period. And then I would call a divorce lawyer. And then a handyman to repair the holes in the drywall. 😵

Yeah...but Paige is the one that initiated the last overnight, she took it upon herself to call Brandi and invite her over, so....maybe Paige should pick a lane instead of going psycho on someone she almost had to talk into coming back over.

After this last episode, pretty sure Paige burned that house down on purpose. She cray. 

• Love 11
On 4/1/2019 at 10:15 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

I bet life is hell for those kids. Paige is volatile and has a very short temper. She's outed herself as a perfectionist with exacting standards. How many times a day does she call those kids stupid or have them re-load the dishwasher or re-make their beds?.

Nobody with hair like Paige’s is a perfectionist. 

• LOL 16
  • Love 4

Ashley heard them having sex because Vanessa wanted her to hear it. I listened to their interview on Heather MacDonald’s podcast and Vanessa said she saw Dimitri on last season’s show and went after him. She started liking all of his insta posts until he noticed her and started interacting with her on social media. If this wasn’t a show about polygamy, people would think Vanessa a creepy stalker, but I guess the perception is different because the Snowdens WANT these kind of women reaching out to them. Shrug. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Okay...the opening scene where we see Vanessa and Dimitri in bed. Yes, we are to believe that they did the deed, put their pajamas on and the unlocked the doors so the camera crew can come in and show the morning after. Yeah, it's evident that some scenes are reenacted or whatever for a narrative. 

The way the previews brought in Ashley's confession made me think that Ashley was going to confess that she wanted to jump in or wanted to go after Vanessa. I'm sure it's coming. It happened with the last potential sister wife. 

The drawing of the Bindi with the Sharpie. Gag. I wonder how much cultural appropriation will take place for the theme of the wedding. I wonder if there will be as much drama as the previews had shown.

The Alldredges...I know that a lot of people here like them (and they come off as the most likable out of all of the couples) but I wonder if they're just doing this show for a paycheck...or if they are truly that naive. They've been played TWICE where that wasn't the case with the other couples. Seriously, the next time they go on the hunt for a sister wife, they need to do some Facebook/social media stalking before really getting involved and especially before getting the children involved. Unless TLC does the picking all for the sake of a story line. 

Still, I believe that it might be for the paycheck. They do have a big house in the works, and did get a vacation to Niagara Falls out of it. I highly doubt they have the money to take vacations with so many children (and from looking at scenes of the birthday party of one of the children). I said it in another post, maybe they should go to community events hosted by the AUB if they are badly in need of a third wife to get their own planet. But I guess the producers of Seeking Sister Wife is not all for it (or the AUB would not allow it). It's probably find your mate online or no go. But I wouldn't mind another season of featuring the Centennial Park folks (which I know is not going to happen), so maybe they should move there, and they'll for certain get a third wife.

The Winders...they're like watching paint dry. I do get shades of Robyn and Auralee from Sophie. Funny enough, I cannot remember why. I don't remember much from their segment this week. Anyone know what happened with Jay? 

The McGee's. Wow! Their story line reminds me so much for the Snowden's from the previous season. When last season started, the Snowden's seemed likable, but that changed as the season went by. In the beginning the McGee's seemed somewhat likable, but those two are a piece of work. I feel sorry for their children. 

I want to empathize with Paige as far as how she treated Brandi, because she told Bernie that she did not want to practice polygamy/share him, but then she said "When I read the Bible and pray, I know that this is something that I want to do." Which is it Paige? Bernie...I was not feeling the alternative motive that he had with making Paige dinner and saying, "We should invite Brandi back." I do feel that things were moving too fast with Brandi and that family. With the kids becoming attached, and Brandi and Bre saying that it felt like home.

But if Paige wanted to stand her ground, she should not have called Brandi and invited her back. Even though the way Paige handled herself was passive-aggressive, it did seem b*tchy and selfish with the, "The right way is MY way" when it comes to FOLDING TOWELS and FILLING UP THE DISHWASHER. I would have loved to see what had gone down when the cameras were off.

But Paige seemed a little immature that morn when the three of them got together to try to fix their issue. Paige was taking zero responsibility and pretty much stormed off.

I'm sure Bernie was upset because he got cock-blocked by Paige. I feel for the boys being upset. They're probably very sheltered due to the home-schooling and not having much of a community. I remember their taking about being kicked out of their church because they wanted to become polygamists, and because of that the boys don't seem to have much community. Which is probably why they became so attached to Brandi and Bre. 

Brandi, you're not missing anything by leaving Bernie. What did she see in him to want to get physical with him (I'm talking hugs and kisses, not sex. I'm not sure if she had that on the brain like Bernie had).

I'm curious to know what those two (Bernie and Paige) are like in real life. Especially after hearing about the things that Paige had posted in the SSW Facebook group. They're probably more toxic and volatile than seen on television.  If Paige is lonely and wants a friend, she'll have a hard time finding any after this I'm sure. 

Again, I feel sorry for the boys. Because of their parents (event though Bernie seems warm towards them) and because of everything that had gone down on national television). I truly hope they ask to live with their older siblings for some kind of normalcy, but by law that's probably not possible. 

• Love 1
On 3/31/2019 at 11:34 PM, Gothish520 said:

I'm not attending this "wedding" without alcohol...viewing party at my house, where the champagne will be flowing! 

I'ma be there with alcohol, a bindi, and an anklet!!! I'll post pics 😂😂😂😂

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

Not much about the McGees makes a lot of sense.  The house looks really stark--maybe it's just because they moved there from the trailer, but it  looks as though no one lives there.  Or else the inhabitants are OCD neatniks.  The "distressed" cabinets are distressing.

Also I thought it was sorta funny that she is shown with the dog earlier in the show, but at the end she is cuddling Kyle and a cute orange cat.  No cat was ever shown or mentioned before.

In addition to the house looking as though no one really lives there,  the idea that Bre and Brandi would move into it really stretches the imagination.   Do they not have their own possessions?  It looks like a 3 BR, 2 bath house and with Paige and Bernie in the master, that leaves Brandi sharing a bedroom with her daughter, and both Brandi and the daughter sharing the bathroom with the boys.   Uh, no.  I just don't see this at all.  Of course, Bre is 17 so maybe there is no intention of her moving in at all; in which case the boys would have been disappointed, but that still leaves Brandi sharing a bath.  

I am convinced that the reason Bernie and Brandi were so eager is that they communicated more than they admitted to Paige.  It wouldn't surprise me if Bernie had a phone at work that he used to contact Brandi without Paige knowing it.

I am a bit giddy about the idea of all wives+Kody living under the same roof, but it will never work for anyone the McGees get as a second wife. 

I hate myself for think this much about this couple.   I want to rescue the boys and the cat.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

Ashley heard them having sex because Vanessa wanted her to hear it. I listened to their interview on Heather MacDonald’s podcast and Vanessa said she saw Dimitri on last season’s show and went after him. She started liking all of his insta posts until he noticed her and started interacting with her on social media. If this wasn’t a show about polygamy, people would think Vanessa a creepy stalker, but I guess the perception is different because the Snowdens WANT these kind of women reaching out to them. Shrug. 

I wonder what her long game is then - get control of the D and then try to get the husband all to herself?  She's been a little too compliant with all of Ashley's nonsense which is why I don't trust her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
55 minutes ago, princelina said:

I wonder what her long game is then - get control of the D and then try to get the husband all to herself?  She's been a little too compliant with all of Ashley's nonsense which is why I don't trust her.

Exactly this, it's like a Lifetime Movie. I bet she even studied "what not to do" from the previous season. That would explain why she's jumping through flaming hoops and playing the role. You see it only took one dose of that Stanley Steemer coochie to hook Dmitri.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

Exactly this, it's like a Lifetime Movie. I bet she even studied "what not to do" from the previous season. That would explain why she's jumping through flaming hoops and playing the role. You see it only took one dose of that Stanley Steemer coochie to hook Dmitri.

And she was able to "let the sexual tension build" while blaming it all on his wife 😄

• Love 3
On 3/31/2019 at 10:25 PM, chickenella said:

Lololol, I thought the same thing, too. It looked like he was wearing a giant headpiece at first, then I realized it was part of the decorations in the background. I'm a little disappointed, I'd rather have seen him wearing a headpiece with fruit and flowers, ala Carmen Miranda. Well, this wedding will be ridiculous enough.

I thought the same thing at first, that he was wearing a huge crown but he wasn't but that is definitely something that wouldn't even surprise me, if he actually was lol. They are so over the top!

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, endure said:

I thought the same thing at first, that he was wearing a huge crown but he wasn't but that is definitely something that wouldn't even surprise me, if he actually was lol. They are so over the top!

Well the women were definitely wearing something like that but smaller - I thought maybe he got the big one 😂

• LOL 3
8 hours ago, princelina said:

Well the women were definitely wearing something like that but smaller - I thought maybe he got the big one 😂

No, Princelina.  Vanessa got the Big One. 

PS I'm 12 years old.

About those fucking McGees:  OK, so a book club for Paige is a bad idea.  This poor crazy woman needs a friend, and who on earth would want to spend any time with her?  She's got to find a friend on neutral ground, where she doesn't get to dictate what the Right Way to do anything is, but it has to be a place where she can't hide her foul nature.  It can't have anything to do with finding a sister-wife.  What's left?  Maybe a self-defense class?  My god, can you imagine someone with that much rage learning how to hit somebody else?  A Bible study group won't work because I don't think anyone else in the world feels that the fact that the patriarchs had multiple wives translates to the Eleventh Commandment.  I wonder if she picks up sticks on the Sabbath?  According to Leviticus, that's a stoning offense.  It's the usual, tiresome thing you always see when sacred texts are relied upon literally to guide behavior:  the picking and choosing maketh one's head spin.

And those kitchen cabinets were indeed the nastiest thing I've seen in a kitchen since the dog threw up that groundhog.

The Alldredges seem harmless but brain-dead.  So she didn't call you back.  Then her "brother" told you she was in the hospital with a burst appendix (in my day, that meant you were dead right there).  Then her "sister" told you she died, although you have seen ( post-mortem) photos on IG.  And yet, they scratch their heads and wonder why she didn't tell them she didn't want to play.

Sonia The Frog is nuttier than a fruit cake.  She wanted to ride on a float labeled "We're Polygamists--What Are You Going to Do About It?!" in the Lookit Me parade, but nobody noticed--maybe because out where they live polygamists are a dime a dozen.  Now she's gone crazy online, trying to lure more Sonias into the Polygamous Lifestyle!!!  Why isn't she pregnant?  Why isn't she more interested in the child Kermit has already fathered?  Why isn't Ashley pregnant again yet?  Maybe the Holy Father is telling them to get busy being two-wife plygs before they work up to three.  I think Sonia understands on which side her bread is buttered (the TLC side) and is afraid of having that snatched from her skeletal fingers if she doesn't create drama.

The Snowdens are a big fat joke.  On his website, under educational achievements, Dmitri wants us to know he's a graduate of ITT.  Yes, that one.  Nuff said.  Man has to eat.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

One of the shirts Brandy was wearing looked like it was one adjustment away from being featured in the "when your v-neck looks like a u-neck" (not eunuch, although they sound very similar) commercial.  Leads me back to the theory that she is desperate financially.  Of course, my view may be skewed because I cannot imagine anyone wanting the hunk-a, hunk-a burning skeeve that is Bernie.  Fancy needs to take a look at her life choices and figure out what could be attracting her to this horror show of a human being.  (And Bernie still seems much better than Paige; the gutter is blocked by these two). 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
57 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

One of the shirts Brandy was wearing looked like it was one adjustment away from being featured in the "when your v-neck looks like a u-neck" (not eunuch, although they sound very similar) commercial.  Leads me back to the theory that she is desperate financially.  Of course, my view may be skewed because I cannot imagine anyone wanting the hunk-a, hunk-a burning skeeve that is Bernie.  Fancy needs to take a look at her life choices and figure out what could be attracting her to this horror show of a human being.  (And Bernie still seems much better than Paige; the gutter is blocked by these two). 

"Hunka Hunka Burning Skeeve," love it!  Yes, any woman that wants him has to be damned desperate, in some way.  Crazy Paige is just icing on the creepy cake.

• Love 1
On 4/1/2019 at 7:09 AM, winsomeone said:

Am I the only one? About 30-40 minutes into the show, TLC in north east Ohio showed a totally different show, and I never got to see the things everyone else saw? The listing showed Seeking Sister Wives, but another show was on instead?

I'm in SW Ohio, on Spectrum, and they showed the correct show here.  

On 3/31/2019 at 7:42 PM, LucyEth said:

They need to find a new place so the house is not "Paige's" kitchen etc.

Doesn't matter, it's NEVER going to happen.  As in.... NEVER.    

• Love 1
On 4/3/2019 at 6:49 AM, Mothra said:

Now she's gone crazy online, trying to lure more Sonias into the Polygamous Lifestyle!!!  Why isn't she pregnant?  Why isn't she more interested in the child Kermit has already fathered?  Why isn't (Tami) pregnant again yet?

Sophie actually shared on the first episode that she and Colton are in the bedroom "All of the time".  Tami had ONE child in 8 years of marriage and Sophie is still not pregnant after almost 2 years of marriage.  Colton needs to go in for a sperm count - seriously.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Kyanight said:

Dog.    

yeah, the dog as well.  But they did have a cat at the very end.  Orange cat.  It was really strange, because I was surprised to see it.  So I played back the scene on the sofa with the boys.  Kyle is huddled with mom.  No cat in sight.  Then I think camera cuts a way to Bernie and John, then back to Kyle with Mom.  And , voila',  there is the cat.   Really wonky editing.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Twopper said:

yeah, the dog as well.  But they did have a cat at the very end.  Orange cat.  It was really strange, because I was surprised to see it.  So I played back the scene on the sofa with the boys.  Kyle is huddled with mom.  No cat in sight.  Then I think camera cuts a way to Bernie and John, then back to Kyle with Mom.  And , voila',  there is the cat.   Really wonky editing.

Oh.  :::::::tosses clothes into a suitcase::::::   I'm a going to go rescue that little orange ball-o-fluff.   At least you see the dog is a member of the family (judging by the bowls) and him being a foot rest and him laying on the bed.... but did they give the kitty his 15 minutes of fame?  Even MENTION him?  No.  I will see you all in a week or so.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Sophie actually shared on the first episode that she and Colton are in the bedroom "All of the time".  Tami had ONE child in 8 years of marriage and Sophie is still not pregnant after almost 2 years of marriage.  Colton needs to go in for a sperm count - seriously.

You're right.  And thank you for correcting my names for these babes.  They're all running together in my mind.  Tami.  Sophie.  If I say them ten times in front of a mirror, will Jennifer arise from the dead?

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I spotted a sign on  Bernie and Paige's the dining room wall, "what happens at Grandma's house stay's at Grandma's house."  Are Bernie and Paige grandparents?  Their house is a rental, right?

Paige is a grandma--I believe a son from her first marriage has a child?

On 4/3/2019 at 8:49 AM, Mothra said:

No, Princelina.  Vanessa got the Big One. 

PS I'm 12 years old.

Haha me too!  And I plan to be 12 years old and drinking when I watch the grand wedding on Sunday 😄

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Adiba said:

I guess I missed that tidbit of info, I was so distracted by a man telling his wife that he is going to bang someone when he is ready whether she is accepting of it or not.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 3/31/2019 at 7:29 PM, suev3333 said:

Ashley was over the moon calling to cancel her babysitting service....she's got a live in now!!

Is it just me or do you get the 'vibe' ol Ash doesn't really give a shyt about Dimitri that much anymore but she will pretend to as it serves her? I've read several places people think their whole thing is fake but I don't think it is completely made-up, I just kind of get the vibe Ash is over it yet doesn't want to be on her own, and this is a way she can do that whilst making Dimitri feel like she's doing him this big favor.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Mothra said:

You're right.  And thank you for correcting my names for these babes.  They're all running together in my mind.  Tami.  Sophie.  If I say them ten times in front of a mirror, will Jennifer arise from the dead?

You must have been doing that because I heard her ghost is haunting the internet!!

• LOL 3
16 hours ago, Adiba said:

He has two little girls about 3 and 4 years old.   He was on FB defending them when people verbally attacked them because of Paige's comment about the child with Down Syndrome.  For some reason when OTHER people do it back to OTHER children, it doesn't put them on the same level with Paige.  Although I don't understand that!   Children should never be viciously attacked, even if it's just words.

• Useful 1
13 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I was so distracted by a man telling his wife that he is going to bang someone when he is ready whether she is accepting of it or not. 

Well that same wife keeps blowing hot and cold, hot and cold about polygamy - so it must get confusing to everyone else in that household.  SHE was the one who initially suggested it - even her family backs that up.  Then she gets jealous and insecure when a woman even talks to Bernie online.  She says she doesn't want to do it - it's crazy.  And then she says - oh wait, yes she does. Wants it, doesn't want it, wants it, doesn't want it.  I strongly suggest they drop the idea once and for all - she is NOT going to be happy.

• Love 4
On 3/31/2019 at 7:35 PM, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Ugh, this poor little boy crying over this woman leaving is just maddening.  It’s a shame when children are victims of their parents’ shitty decisions.  It would be easy not to blame Brandy for Paige’s venom, but I absolutely blame her, too.  She also has a kid and she should know better than this.  

I just saw that episode. So much general disturbance. I don't hate any of them but I do think when it was clear Paige was kind of 'tolerating' me. I would have backed off on the questioning and pushing and doubled down on the go with the flow. I would bet anything when Brandy was there before, there might have been fewer parental fights because people don't like to air their dirty laundry, so the kids equated having a sister wife as bringing more peace.  In this case I just think they were ill-matched from the gate. Brandy didn't get it when Paige was trying to make a point about 'why would I have you in my house, around my kids.... that would be dumb' and Brandy took it the wrong way. Which is not to say Paige can't be obnoxious but I think she's the type who comes off like a bully when really she is nervous herself and Brandy hammering on the questions wasn't helping matters. It also seems like because they were so so awkward, that they haven't been on the phone talking about day to day stuff. When you aren't on super comfortable terms with someone, maybe you don't poke the bear and then expect it isn't going to chase you. The husband I'm thinking is an extra from LOTR.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 4/2/2019 at 11:01 AM, Gothish520 said:

What boggles my mind is that she acted like she really did not understand why Brandy was upset. It seems like Paige really went off on Brandy when the cameras stopped rolling, and Paige thinks that was just fine and Brandy overreacted. 

I just came here to comment about this. I got the impression that the infamous yelling was off camera, it wasn't even when they were sitting with nachos. Because Bernie actually talked about saying it happened when they all sat down together, and he wasn't there for the nachos. Actually twice he mentioned the blow up in the context of him being there. 

So that makes me wonder what the actual yelling was about...not that we can't guess. 

Edited to add: and I think it's a disservice to Brandy to link the incident to the discussion they showed because that discussion didn't even really show Paige yelling. 

Edited by I-Kare
  • Love 1
On 4/1/2019 at 4:09 AM, winsomeone said:

Am I the only one? About 30-40 minutes into the show, TLC in north east Ohio showed a totally different show, and I never got to see the things everyone else saw? The listing showed Seeking Sister Wives, but another show was on instead?

I think something went wrong with the broadcasting and it was so annoying, but in my area it came on again later in the evening and I got to see the entire thing.  Hope you did too as it was worth it to see Paige come unglued.

• Love 1