Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: Champagne Supernova

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Are we sure that it's all prosthetic?  I guess we will find out- depending on if Max ever heals it or not.  Or, if someone here meets him and gets a gander at his hands.

Left hand

Right hand

Both hands

No scars.

2 hours ago, ellieart said:

roughly an hour of makeup to get it put on for every episode.  

I think a lot of episodes just don't show that hand so they don't have to do the makeup. He's either got it in a pocket, or they shoot from the other side.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 3
On 4/10/2019 at 8:41 PM, kirkola said:

Yeah, I don't like it at the expense of Maria either.  In the original, I adored Alex, which used to weird me out because I adored Colin Hanks' Dad too.  And Maria was always her own woman. 

In this version, they've set it up so that no matter what happens, a large portion of the fan base will be ticked.  Either Michael stays with Alex and once more a POC loses with less screen time and less plot lines.  Or Michael chooses Maria, and Alex gets the reduced screen/plot, which is bad for homoesexuals in the fan base.  The only win-win is to make them polyamorous, and I just don't see the network having that sorta skill to do it justice.

Doesnt necessarily have to be the case though, both Alex and Maria are interesting enough characters that they could stand on their own without Michael. One person could end up dating Micheal and the other could still remain best friends with Michael. They could solve it that way. 

But I maintain that whoever doesnt end up with Michael could still be a big part of the show. Like the OG show, the characters have always had multiple friendships between them. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 5/9/2019 at 8:51 PM, Quickbeam said:

Hey what about the B’s!? We’re in there too. I’m just glad to see some representation.

I'm all for the bi rep, fyi!  That comment stemmed from a faction of the fanbase who want the rep/are bi, but don't actually want the bi rep as being depicted and I found that incredibly strange.  Though I don't believe this show and the writing did any justice to to the rep in any way at all other than just having it in there.  They need to do better if they want to claim it's so groundbreaking.

• Useful 1
On 4/11/2019 at 12:28 AM, Whimsy said:

My memory may be wrong (because I don't pay super close attention to this show), but didn't they show us scenes of Noah all by himself freaking out?  I hate when shows do that to try to throw off the audience.

And this is why I didn't see him as the 4th alien. Because you don't show a character behaving a certain way in private when nobody else is around and then tell me he's the bad guy later on. 

On 4/10/2019 at 10:22 PM, Astylis said:

It jumps from scene to scene so fast you don't even understand how you got that far in the story and the characters are all acting different

Oh God, this. I don't even know who these people are or how they're going to respond to anything because they change on a dime or are in polar opposition to their previously-stated opinion on something within five minutes. The exceptions are Alex, Isabel and possibly Maria (although that could be a screentime thing). I don't know why the show didn't just make Liz a witch because her running back home to consult her magic book and do a spell would actually be more realistic than her ridiculous Insta!Science.  

• Love 1