Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 4/1/2019

buffynut
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, MMEButterfly said:

I try to think from a woman's perspective. I'm a retired Methodist minister who is a person of touch -- other women, men, children. I was also a school teacher and same. As a teacher I learned about giving people space, but I still am apt to give a "side-hug," touch a back, even arm around a back. I' also Biden's age and a short woman. It would be totally awkward if I said, "May I touch your back?" before I do it. Personal space is complicated. Sexual power moves are simple and wrong.

I guess the pendulum will hopeful swing back when we get our bearings about touching/ personal space. On CBS Sunday Steve Hartman did a segment on this man who spent 46 years in prison for something he didn’t do. He’s now quite an amazing artist and during Steve’s enthusiastic interview in a gallery show  the artist( who was facing Steve)  touched both Steve’s hands  who then held both his  and I thought it was so touching. I’m not really one to touch strangers and don’t like close talkers but just want to believe Biden is earnest 

• Love 17
(edited)
4 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I guess the pendulum will hopeful swing back when we get our bearings about touching/ personal space. On CBS Sunday Steve Hartman did a segment on this man who spent 46 years in prison for something he didn’t do. He’s now quite an amazing artist and during Steve’s enthusiastic interview in a gallery show  the artist( who was facing Steve)  touched both Steve’s hands  who then held both his  and I thought it was so touching. I’m not really one to touch strangers and don’t like close talkers but just want to believe Biden is earnest 

I saw that too & thought it was so sweet, probably because is it was organic!!

Edited by Medicine Crow
typo
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

I agree with Ana that I'm sick of the media making more out of the issue than it should. And like I said earlier, I question the motives of these women coming out now to slam Biden. At least the issue is being addressed - and hopefully put to bed - before he announces. (Cynical me thinks it might even be a strategy to clear up the matter before his opponents can seize on it.)

And since it's being brought up, and discussed on the show, no one said anything about it when he was running last time for President. At least I don't recall it. That's something that would have invaded the airwaves. Unless of course, no one thought he had a chance in hell to win the nomination. It was even brought up when he was VP.

I guess I don't understand it being brought up again.

I'm giving Taraji the 😒for that remark about the "the truth" being "set free" or whatever. The Smollett case was one fucked up matter and the way it was "resolved" is such bullshit.

• Love 17

I’ve finally figured out who MM reminds me of with the overzealous reactions (particularly on non political topics).  She’s like the girl who tries to hang out with the man re popular girls and then always laughs too loudly at a joke or jumps into the conversations with outsized agreement.  Just trying way too hard to be part in of the group.  

• Love 19
17 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'm giving Taraji the 😒for that remark about the "the truth" being "set free" or whatever. The Smollett case was one fucked up matter and the way it was "resolved" is such bullshit.

Jussie is her friend and she loves him. So, I expect her to be blinded by love.  The whole matter was just bad. Jussie's idiocy and arrogance, the police and the way that they handled the case by holding that press conference and the damn media for their sensational take on the story.  

• Love 12
(edited)
5 hours ago, inkworks said:

I'm unsure on the whole Biden thing. I watched some clips on Twitter and I must say a lot of them made me feel really uncomfortable.

There are a LOT of clips of him standing behind little girls, hands either on their shoulders or on their heads, leaning down to whisper into their ears and kissing them. On what planet is that acceptable?

I feel the same way. I think women have a right to say he made me uncomfortable and they have but idk. To keep attaching #metoo makes me uncomfortable.  Biden I'm sure he is a good man but he is to familiar with women/girls and I wouldn't like it.  I just feel there is a bit of an agenda with some of the women who came forward.  Idk. 

Saying all that this picture cracks me up because of the look on the men's faces.

20190403_155418.jpg

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Jussie is her friend and she loves him. So, I expect her to be blinded by love.  

I do too.  It's gotta be difficult to work with someone over 5 years, probably come to love them and suddenly find out their dark side.  I thought TH's ' the truth shall set you free' wasn't referring to the charges being dropped but to JS himself.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, WonderWuman73 said:

Can you imagine how shitfaced we’d all get if we had a Nutmeg drinking game? 🥂🍺🍹🍸🍷 🤣

Feel free to add your own..

• When she brags about how much she drinks.
  • When she brags about how much she eats.
  • ...and then brags that she doesn't get on a scale.
  • When she hint/brags about how "active" she was in her single days.
  • When she brags.
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan says she isn't ageist but yet she called out "old" politicians who don't understand the internet.

*Oh, my goodness, gracious, NO!  Don't try to convince me that Ms. McCain said anything contradictory.  I won't have it!

(This is what some of us say when we have no god.)

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

It's interesting to see all the opinions on Joe Biden's "touchy-ness" (spelling it correctly doesn't work).  

I find it difficult to read when he's lumped in with others whose intentions are definitely not honorable.  Women are not all the same; men are not all the same.

• Love 19
14 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

It's interesting to see all the opinions on Joe Biden's "touchy-ness" (spelling it correctly doesn't work).  

I find it difficult to read when he's lumped in with others whose intentions are definitely not honorable.  Women are not all the same; men are not all the same.

I personally haven't seen any one of the women who have come forward equating their stories to a Harvey Weinstein thing.  Maybe I missed it? I don't really read conservative outlets.

• Love 3

I don't think Joe is in the wrong, but this will hurt his chance to run, he really needs to forget about announcing, there will be no end to his touchy feelie problems.  More gals will come forward and that will be the main topic. For me, he's just a little love bug, but I'm an old coot and his actions would not make me feel uncomfortable. It will be okay, he's really a little long in the tooth shall we say to take that job on. Meanwhile, I don't miss Whoopie at all.  Ha. 

• Love 11
28 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I personally haven't seen any one of the women who have come forward equating their stories to a Harvey Weinstein thing.  Maybe I missed it? I don't really read conservative outlets.

Yes.  Not directly.    The first couple of ladies made a point of saying while they were uncomfortable, then did not think the contact was sexual.   But when it gets discussed by the media, including the View in the context of  the #MeToo movement, the inference is that Biden's actions were similar to other #MeToo stories (ie. Harvey Weinstein)

• Love 5

You know, for McCain who continues to be soOOoo upset that her "dear friend" Biden's behavior is being grouped in with Weinstein and the rest despite being completely different, I'd like to ask if she was that upset when she was regularly doing the same thing to Aziz Ansari? I remember her citing various names of sexual harassers and she always threw his name in there among the rest as if that story was equal to the others. But I guess if it's different when it's your friend. (Or maybe for her it's just different when the subject is a white man rather than a Muslim.)

• Love 13
2 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

I don't think Joe is in the wrong, but this will hurt his chance to run, he really needs to forget about announcing, there will be no end to his touchy feelie problems.  More gals will come forward and that will be the main topic

And therein lies the motive. 

• Love 13
20 minutes ago, OpalNightstream said:

I’m so relieved Abbie is getting all these free gifts for her babies. I was so worried about how she’d make ends meet! 🙄

If I were Abby's PR group, I would get some press showing her donating many of her (most likely) very expensive baby things to make room for all The View gifts.  Feature the charity's truck.

On a side note from some online thing called GossipBIO (that apparently cares about cars)...the Huntsman-Livingstons:  Jeffrey Bruce Livingston has accumulated a huge amount through his career. The information about his actual salary is hidden from the media. However, his estimated net worth is to be $1 million as of 2019. Similarly, talking about his wife, Abby has an estimated net worth of around $20 million. She also owns luxury cars likes Mercedes Benz, Alfa Romeo, BMW and earns $3 million annually.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

Abby has an estimated net worth of around $20 million. She also owns luxury cars likes Mercedes Benz, Alfa Romeo, BMW and earns $3 million annually.

What does she do to earn $3 million a year??

I doubt The View is paying her that.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, 17wheatthins said:

But it was nice all the pregnant ladies in the audience got those items as well! Almost made me wish I were having another little snack cracker LOL

When Joy said Whoopi was sad to miss the shower and sent the gifts, Abby said: I knew Whoopi wouldn't do nothing.  WTF?  

• LOL 6
11 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

However, his estimated net worth is to be $1 million as of 2019

Are you missing any zeros?  Because that isn't very impressive, especially living in NYC.  I wouldn't be surprised if Abby was being paid $3million by the View.  Regardless of what swag she decided to keep from the shower, it was nice that the show gave all the moms in the audience stuff too.

• Love 7
(edited)
56 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Are you missing any zeros?  Because that isn't very impressive, especially living in NYC.  I wouldn't be surprised if Abby was being paid $3million by the View.  Regardless of what swag she decided to keep from the shower, it was nice that the show gave all the moms in the audience stuff too.

I also like the moms in the audience getting presents but when I see a celeb mom getting lots of presents I always think of the mom's to be who aren't so lucky.  I have much appreciation for celebs who when getting married or expecting a baby ask people to please give to charities instead of giving them gifts.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 14
18 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

I’ve finally figured out who MM reminds me of with the overzealous reactions (particularly on non political topics).  She’s like the girl who tries to hang out with the man re popular girls and then always laughs too loudly at a joke or jumps into the conversations with outsized agreement.  Just trying way too hard to be part in of the group.  

Cool lunch table syndrome. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:
18 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

It doesn't take a psychiatrist to diagnose Meghan as being very insecure.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
19 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

Yep, the over the top laughing (even if it’s not funny). All of her comments (while other people are talking). It’s all just as annoying as when she’s being a bitch- because it’s so phony

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

I haven't seen Zachary Levi in anything in many years but when he used to be on the sit-com Less Than Perfect way back in the day, I always thought he had that special It factor and should be a big star.  Congrats to him.  Along with being super attractive, he seems to be a really good guy.

• Love 7
(edited)
7 minutes ago, 17wheatthins said:

And now I feel like I have to watch The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina as well LOL

She was utterly charming and gracious. 

I was going to watch it when it was first released on netflix but then I read a lot of reviews that said that this new Sabrina character is a total Social Justice Warrior and that she and the rest of the gang are very much Special Snowflakes.  That sounds exhausting so I decided it  was not for me. 

Edited by Cementhead
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

What in the Dawn:  Portrait of a Teenage Runaway is that on Meghan's head?!

God how I wish that Whoopi were there today, just to shut Sunny up...she's so goddamned annoying with her stupid faces and crap about cheating.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Jussie is her friend and she loves him. So, I expect her to be blinded by love.  The whole matter was just bad. Jussie's idiocy and arrogance, the police and the way that they handled the case by holding that press conference and the damn media for their sensational take on the story.  

I tend to agree, but the media's take seems less sensational now. Forfeiting $10,000 cash on a $100,000 bond and agreeing to perform community service are the actions of someone who is tacitly admitting to the charges even though the matter did not proceed to trial. The outcome is a branch on the "Not guilty and innocent are two different things" tree. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
4 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I'm still interested* in the way she pronounces words with "L."  It's different depending on the placement of the letter in the word.  Makes me wonder if she had a little speech impediment and kids ridiculed her (thus her lunch table placement).  Many people on TV had speech therapy; I wonder if she's one.

*I actually started to type "obsessed."  ICK!

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 5

When the table was joking at the audience silence about nude pictures on their cellphones, Meghan had to interrupt to scream at Abby, “DON’T SHAME THE AUDIENCE!” Wha...? Abby has never been the problem here, you are. McCain's the only co-host who has ever attacked the audience before, so she's the last one to tell someone else how to behave.

So tired of the ladies pushing Joe Biden every day this week, ugh. He was the first topic almost everyday, and ignored bigger news stories. 

Zachary Levi seems really sweet. I only know him from the Rapunzel film from almost a decade ago. I hope his new film will be successful for him to get bigger roles.

• Love 13
15 minutes ago, suomi said:

The outcome is a branch on the "Not guilty and innocent are two different things" tree. 

And another: nolo contendere is Latin for "no contest." If a person pleads "nolo contendere:" she forfeits her right to a trial and (as with a guilty plea) simply comes before the judge for sentencing. Some people feel that a nolo plea is a compromise between pleading guilty and not guilty. While not contesting the charges one is also not admitting guilt.

Every time someone comes before Judge Judy and says they pleaded (I prefer pled) "no contest," she tells them they're GUILTY!

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, suomi said:

I tend to agree, but the media's take seems less sensational now. Forfeiting $10,000 cash on a $100,000 bond and agreeing to perform community service are the actions of someone who is tacitly admitting to the charges even though the matter did not proceed to trial. The outcome is a branch on the "Not guilty and innocent are two different things" tree. 

I agree. I know I said up thread that I'm tired of hearing about the story, but only because the media reported the dropped charges as if there were nothing more to it, at least initially. More information comes out. Then we learn he basically entered into a deferred prosecution agreement, forfeited the $10,000 cash, and did community service over the weekend. These are important details but a lot of people stopped listening right after they heard "all 16 charges have been dropped." Anyway, I'm not sure where I'm going with this but the story irritates me. There are still so many unanswered questions...

And amen @RHJunkie. Those idiots asking for autographs and cheering for her are just as sick. 

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Meghan had to interrupt to scream at Abby, “DON’T SHAME THE AUDIENCE!”

Disgusting!  Pathetic Abby is probably going to take it and take it and take it.  Wonder if she'll make it back after maternity leave.  If she does, it shows how truly thirsty she is for "fame."

• Love 4

I liked Meghan's hair today, I like wavy/curly hair. I wish I could do that with my wavy-ish hair but I fail when I try, probably need better products.

mm: my friends send me their topless photos before they send it to guys.

Although I think she has said this before. This was probably my face for a second when she said that.

confused sex and the city GIF

Can anyone read lips, what did MM say that was muted.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

When the table was joking at the audience silence about nude pictures on their cellphones, Meghan had to interrupt to scream at Abby, “DON’T SHAME THE AUDIENCE!”

Everyone seemed to be joking with the audience except Meghan. She takes herself way too seriously.

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, falltime said:

I liked Meghan's hair today, I like wavy/curly hair. I wish I could do that with my wavy-ish hair but I fail when I try, probably need better products

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E68O4JU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is my new favorite thing in life. My hair normally doesn’t hold any sort of style but these curls LAST. I actually look forward to doing my hair because it comes out looking so good! 

I thought the MEghan looked ridiculous with so much hair, but I really really hate her so that might be playing into it a bit. 😂

Edited by Meatball
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
19 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

I’m so relieved Abbie is getting all these free gifts for her babies. I was so worried about how she’d make ends meet! 🙄

Out of sheer curiosity, I looked up the price for those fancy cradle/sleepers that Whoopi sent to Abby.

$1,295 EACH! Each!!!!

While I don’t miss Whoopi on TV, it’s my understanding that she’s incredibly thoughtful and generous. However, why in the hell did TPTB (or whomever) have to make a big deal out of announcing such a lavish gift being sent to someone who can clearly afford them herself?

I haven’t been watching the show for as long as many of you, but something tells me that Whoopi most likely sent the gifts to Abby at home and didn’t want a big announcement made about it, especially since I didn’t see the other hosts give Abby anything (other than Joy making lasagne). 

It’s just so weird to me. 

Edited by Bridget
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

i haven't watched the new Sabrina, but from what I understand it's not only dark, but erotic.  Isn't it full of orgies and stuff?  And yet the prudish Sunny loves it and watches it with her thirteen-year-old?

• LOL 4