Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 4/1/2019

buffynut
  • Start Topic

Whenever Chelsea is on I get the impression that Joy gets on her nerves.  I don't think Chelsea always wants to talk politics/elections, but, Joy will never let it go.  Like the electoral college toy.  I think Chelsea was gracious accepting it, but, I think Chelsea is over it.

• Love 11
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Whenever Chelsea is on I get the impression that Joy gets on her nerves.  I don't think Chelsea always wants to talk politics/elections, but, Joy will never let it go.  Like the electoral college toy.  I think Chelsea was gracious accepting it, but, I think Chelsea is over it.

I don't know if Joy gets on her nerves, but I do think she doesn't really want to talk about politics much. There's a stark contrast between the other "daughter of a politician" at the table, and considering how incredibly well-known Chelsea's parents are in comparison, she's quite humble...

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 24
1 hour ago, Ladyrain said:

Joy:  "But now that you mention it,  . . . . . . . . . "

If I was Joy I would go to her after the show and say "Meghan, I know you're smart but you might try using have run  and adage  correctly so that the audience will know you're smart, too. Looking out for you, kid."

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

@HaaCHOO You are our resident Arizonian.  Have you went all "Arizona" on someone lately? 

I think there are a couple of others skulking around.  Here's a story that will tell you if I ever go "all Arizona."  I had to have a nerve-blocking procedure (knee replacement gone wrong) recently for pain--of three years.  My insurance disallowed anesthesia...which the doctor requested.  He appealed and lost.  He said, "Well, you're a trouper and you're laidback. You can handle it."  I did handle it.  It wasn't the worst thing I'd been through; I hope to never do it again.  Nope...I never go "all Arizona."

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

considering how astronomically well-known Chelsea's parents are in comparison, she's quite humble...

...and she's always spoken about in the best terms.  When even the most conservative Americans looks past any politics, they must be impressed by Chelsea.

Chelsea earned her undergraduate degree at Stanford University. She originally majored in chemistry with an emphasis in medicine. However, after two years, she switched to history. She graduated from Stanford in 2001.  Chelsea also attended the University of Oxford, where she earned a master’s degree in international relations.

• Love 21
1 minute ago, jumper sage said:
33 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Also, don't any of you make me go all Maryland on you! 

Oooooooh big talk.  

Don't make me go all Detroit on you guys!  Only Chicago can beat me.

Oh please. I'm about to go all West Virginia over here.  We became a state in the middle of a war so I know a thing or two about winning a fight.

• LOL 13
  • Love 6

Jumper Sage - I got your back.  Detroit rules! 

Blondiec0332 - no disrespect to West Virginia but Michigan and Ohio fielded troops against each other in a border dispute.  We won - they got Toledo. 😂

• LOL 11
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

They had to make today boring after yesterday's shit storm of a show, I guess. This is a pattern, I've noticed. Usually the day after Meghan acts like a lunatic, she's all smiles and giggles.

Ah, yes, the blessed relief that comes after having a boil lanced. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Meghan McCain and Chelsea Clinton are like night and day. The latter has class, intelligence, and respect, and recognized McCain's bait to engage in borderline Islamophobic attacks on Ilhan Omar for what it was. Even on a fluff show like today, McCain always chooses to go low.

She has moved on from AOC to Ilhan Omar. Megan is so predictable and very jealous of these ladies who did not have her advantages and managed to win their respective races. A former waitress and a Refugee are congresswomen, something Nutmeg will never be..

• Love 23
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

If Meg is so anti baby why is she helping present all the baby products?

I loved how Ana threw her off when she said she also doesn't have children. But, unlike you, McCain, Ana wouldn't make a baby shower all about how she doesn't have babies. McCain has to make herself feel like a minority or a victim in some way or other.

3 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

What the hell could "going Arizona" on someone mean?   I visit Arizona and find that Scottsdale and Sedona are the most chill, laidback places I have ever been to.  

So, when you "go Arizona" on someone, it means you golf with them, hike up a mountain, do yoga, and sip margaritas in an outdoor café. 

Going off her pathetic tantrum a few weeks--months??--ago over an Arizona joke, all I could think is she must throw kitty litter at people.

• LOL 5
  • Love 12
(edited)
2 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Meghan would have went all "Arizona" on those protestors' asses.  She is such a giant ass.  Is that what she was doing yesterday?  Going "Arizona?"  She is such a joke.

Also, today's show is a giant snore.  So much for "turning this Mother out."  Zzzzzzzz

"My Dad"  ---- Check

I believe Meghan was trying to be "hip" by tossing off some outdated Bravo lingo, here.  I too, am a Real Housewives aficionado, so I'll call her out when she steals a quote or phrase from one of the wives in her lame attempts to make a  quip. On the very first season of RHOBH,  ex-housewife Taylor Armstrong, threatened to take another one of the ladies outside and go all Oklahoma on her ass. It is not an expression I have really heard used again since today. I have no doubt this line is what Meg was trying to emulate. 

Edited by Radar
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7

The View is lucky I don't "go Rhode Island" on them.  To "go Rhode Island" means to be lying in the sun on the deck of a sailboat, rather than watching crap on TV.  Rhode Island is so relaxed...LOL

• LOL 8
  • Love 13
8 minutes ago, Radar said:

I believe Meghan was trying to be "hip" by tossing off some outdated Bravo lingo, here.  I too, am a Real Housewives aficionado, so I'll call her out when she steals a quote or phrase from one of the wives in her lame attempts to make a  quip.

Ah, so that explains it.  Of course it would be Housewives-adjacent.  So, between this and Announcer Lady's totally lame "Let's turn this Mother out,"  maybe during tomorrow's show, someone will "get jiggy with it."

• LOL 11
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, Radar said:

I believe Meghan was trying to be "hip" by tossing off some outdated Bravo lingo, here.  I too, am a Real Housewives aficionado, so I'll call her out when she steals a quote or phrase from one of the wives in her lame attempts to make a  quip. On the very first season of RHOBH,  ex-housewife Taylor Armstrong, threatened to take another one of the ladies outside and go all Oklahoma on her ass. It is not an expression I have really heard used again since today. I have no doubt this line is what Meg was trying to emulate. 

Hahaha, yes I remember Taylor and her Oklahoma threat.  Meghan is so corny😆.

Abby and Taylor have lips in common👄 

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

It’s no surprise that Megan won’t be getting lasagne but what did poor Sunny ever do to deserve that punishment?   Sometimes I feel like Sunny is the intelligent middle child who gets ignored.  

Chelsea Clinton really handles things with grace and class although I too thought she seemed a little annoyed withJoys gift.  

God hasn’t blessed me with any children and I am so over baby showers.  Just went to one this past weekend.  Now they are having them for the second and third child?   When did that start?

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
(edited)

Ana was hilarious today.  She is funnier than Joy, who sometimes makes references that are too old for the audience to understand.  Or at least Meghan since she hadn't been born yet.

Taking the "going all ___" talk to Small Talk.

Edited by Haleth
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
3 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Meghan would have went all "Arizona" on those protestors' asses.  She is such a giant ass.  Is that what she was doing yesterday?  Going "Arizona?"  She is such a joke.

Also, today's show is a giant snore.  So much for "turning this Mother out."  Zzzzzzzz

"My Dad"  ---- Check

I saw the thing upstream about Meghan and RHoBH, and going "Oklahoma" on someone's ass. That's a saying I've heard plenty, not specific to either Arizona or Oklahoma, but to the location of the person saying it. However, the person saying it is either a teenager or a trashy adult, as evinced by McCan't.

What I thought of, and indeed whatever I think of when Meghan makes a show in one way or another with her Arizona pride, is Eleanor Shellstrop, Kristen Bell's character on The Good Place. I like Eleanor (and love Bell), but during the character's life on earth, she was basically a garbage human being. In fact,  she described herself as an "Arizona trash bag." 

Every time Meghan crows about Arizona, I fill in "trash bag" afterwards.

es.gif.23ab86d598686f1bf63941fe8f966f76.gif

(Sorry, Eleanor.)

1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Meghan McCain and Chelsea Clinton are like night and day. The latter has class, intelligence, and respect, and recognized McCain's bait to engage in borderline Islamophobic attacks on Ilhan Omar for what it was. Even on a fluff show like today, McCain always chooses to go low.

The difference couldn't be starker.

1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I loved how Ana threw her off when she said she also doesn't have children. But, unlike you, McCain, Ana wouldn't make a baby shower all about how she doesn't have babies. McCain has to make herself feel like a minority or a victim in some way or other.

She did. It was like she resents being the only person there without children. Like the show was unfair to her for making her show up for a day celebrating her dear friend. 

Don't worry, Meghan. You may not have children, but you'll always be a mother in my eyes. 

Edited by General Days
  • LOL 9
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

How could Abby not know about the super secret baby shower?  Weren't all the baby balloons and other decor a clue?

Poor Chelsea stuck with this today  

And Whoopi didn't show up. (So far.)

Agreed.  Abby thanked everyone for being there for her during her pregnancy and mentioned the lasagne that Joy made for her.  She then conveniently had photos of her husband eating said lasagne.  Now I suppose she could have planned to talk about the lasagne without tying it to the support that her co-hosts have given her, but it seems a bit too coincidental.  Why do they need it to be a surprise anyway?

• Love 10

Chelsea Clinton is a good person to follow on Twitter.  

she doesn't tweet all the time, when she does it's about something she cares about.   

And she is GREAT at replying with class and wit to those who criticize her.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

when you see the face Chelsea shows to the world in the way she listens, the words she uses and the way she acts, it certainly seems like her parents did a great job raising her.

Edited 1 hour ago by RHJunkie

I agree.   ---    The difference between her and Meghan is cavernous.  

• Love 12
25 minutes ago, General Days said:

Don't worry, Meghan. You may not have children, but you'll always be a mother in my eyes. 

This is absolutely hysterical !!!!    Post of the day!!!!!!

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Meghan tagged onto the Ilhan Omar thing with Chelsea by pointing out that she agreed with Chelsea's comments but Chelsea switched it up on her and also praised Omar for how she handled the situation and responded...something Meghan has never bothered to address about Omar, let alone give her credit for.

I truly believe that NutMeg didn't understand what Chelsea said, in that she praised Omar.  Otherwise she would have pushed back with squinty eyes.  As it was, she was practically in tears just asking the question.

2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I loved how Ana threw her off when she said she also doesn't have children.

And NutMeg can never be wrong so she responds that she thought Ana had stepchildren!

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I was never quite a fan of her mother's politics but when you see the face Chelsea shows to the world in the way she listens, the words she uses and the way she acts, it certainly seems like her parents did a great job raising her.

Kudos to your entire post, wanted to respond to this part.

Right soon after the Clintons moved into the WH, Chelsea had a slumber party. There were quite a few girls and they watched a movie in the WH theater and had a food fight with popcorn. HRC stopped in as they were leaving and saw that they were going to walk out and leave popcorn all over the floor. Nuh uh, no ma'am. She told them in no uncertain terms that the folks who work in the WH are valued employees who are not there to clean up other people's messes, and she watched while the girls got down on their hands and knees and picked up every single speck of popcorn. Obviously Chelsea knew this after being raised in the governor's mansion in Arkansas but kids often will test new boundaries, right?

Raising kids like that pays off later in life. For one thing, I bet Chelsea makes sure that her kids pick up after themselves at home and at Gramma Hillary's house and Other Gramma's house and everywhere else.  

I have another one: Princess Diana took her boys somewhere, I think it was a movie theater, and Harry ordered a water at the concession counter. He was given carbonated water in a cup with a straw instead of bottled water and he asked for a replacement. Diana stepped in and in a low voice said nope, be satisfied that you have something to drink and don't give anyone a reason to say that you are a spoiled royal. 

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Love 21
(edited)
11 minutes ago, suomi said:

Kudos to your entire post, wanted to respond to this part.

Right soon after the Clintons moved into the WH, Chelsea had a slumber party. There were quite a few girls and they watched a movie in the WH theater and had a food fight with popcorn. HRC stopped in as they were leaving and saw that they were going to walk out and leave popcorn all over the floor. Nuh uh, no ma'am. She told them in no uncertain terms that the folks who work in the WH are valued employees who are not there to clean up other people's messes, and she watched while the girls got down on their hands and knees and picked up every single speck of popcorn. Obviously Chelsea knew this after being raised in the governor's mansion in Arkansas but kids often will test new boundaries, right?

Raising kids like that pays off later in life. For one thing, I bet Chelsea makes sure that her kids pick up after themselves at home and at Gramma Hillary's house and Other Gramma's house and everywhere else.  

I have another one: Princess Diana took her boys somewhere, I think it was a movie theater, and Harry ordered a water at the concession counter. He was given carbonated water in a cup with a straw instead of bottled water and he asked for a replacement. Diana stepped in and in a low voice said nope, be satisfied that you have something to drink and don't give anyone a reason to say that you are a spoiled royal. 

As Jackie Kennedy Onassis famously said "If you bungle raising your children I  don't think whatever else you do matters very much."

Edited by blondiec0332
  • LOL 1
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, OnTime said:

Meghan looked about the same size as Chelsea, who is at least six months pregnant.  Of course, the red suit didn't help!

I think that red "power" suit was Meghan's idea of a suit of armor against all the Democrats.

I'm not a fan of pant suits, but I also thought maybe she was paying a fashion homage to Hillary (as if!!), who is the queen of pantsuits.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, suomi said:

...and they probably won't attend a "by invitation only" event and drag along extra friends without getting permission.

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
(edited)
9 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Usually the day after Meghan acts like a lunatic, she's all smiles and giggles.

Suppose prescribed medications are involved?   "And don't come in tomorrow until you've taken your meds."

Edited by HaaCHOO
exchanged period for question mark
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, bannana said:

And NutMeg can never be wrong so she responds that she thought Ana had stepchildren!

• One month ago, Ana married a (divorced) 71-year-old man who has four "children."  So, yes, Princess, technically you're correct.
  • Ana has been a stepmother for a month now.
  • It's possible some of those "children" are grandparents!
  • LOL 5
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Called it. Meghan tagged onto the Ilhan Omar thing with Chelsea by pointing out that she agreed with Chelsea's comments but Chelsea switched it up on her and also praised Omar for how she handled the situation and responded...something Meghan has never bothered to address about Omar, let alone give her credit for. What I really appreciated about Chelsea's response is that she acknowledged the context of the situation she was in. Meghan try to  bait fear in the way she described the situation as scary but Chelsea reminded her that these people were scared, hurt and angry by the loss their community faced by a white terrorist (and thank you for calling it was it is, terrorism). The most ironic thing about Meghan is that the woman who confronted Chelsea Clinton demonstrated the same kind of aggressiveness, anger in her voice and mannerisms that Meghan demonstrates towards her co-hosts quite often on the show.

The point Chelsea made about listening was brilliant (and maybe I'm bias because I say this all the time when it comes to communicating with people in general) - adapt to your audience. If you're speaking to be heard by others beyond yourself and especially to those who may not necessarily agree with you, then you need to be mindful of your audience and tailor your message so that you are effectively delivering that message without unintentionally offending or hurting others with the words you use.

I was never quite a fan of her mother's politics but when you see the face Chelsea shows to the world in the way she listens, the words she uses and the way she acts, it certainly seems like her parents did a great job raising her.

If you follow Chelsea on Twitter, she is most gracious in the face of some vile personal attacks.  It doesn't surprise me that she can use this skill on the show with someone like Nutmeg.

• Useful 1
  • Love 21

Joy literally thinks that the Obama administration was scandal free. Meghan doesn’t know how to respond in a respectful manner and comes across very bitchy. It would be nice to have a conservative panelist who could articulate her thoughts well so that there could be productive back and forth discourse. Too bad. 

While Obama was a much nicer man Trump, his administration was far from having no scandals. Benghazi, IRS targeting conservatives, Operation Fast and Furious, FISA and the Iran nuclear deal are a few. Those are the ones on the top of my head.

Okay guys....as you all know I have lived in Atlanta for a million years, but I grew up in Texas, and when we say "I'm going to go all Texas on your ass"....you can bet it involves at least a beating of your ass, and could involve a six shooter. That's a serious threat in Texas.  In Atlanta, naw, we just wanna pop you on the butt and then give you some sweet tea. Nobody Goes Arizona on anybody Mee-gain, YOU GO TEXAS ON 'EM. Okay, I have spoken!🔫

• LOL 12
  • Love 6