Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
buffynut

"The View": Week Of 4/1/2019

Recommended Posts


Wow!  MM just keeps on keeping on!

A scandal is an action/conduct that causes a loss/damage to person's reputation.  Policy is a definite method/way to guide present/future decisions.

Apparently MM does not understand the difference between the two.  There have been many (and varied) scandal surrounding the orange guy's administration - from security clearance, to pay offs, to not divesting of personal business; Obama - wearing a gray suit.  Equal?? I don't think so.  She tried to claim that Obama's policies were actually big scandals.  When others tried correct her, she tried to shut them down.  I don't think so, Ms. I'm Smart (and Trust Fund Republican) McCain.

She also did not seem to want to "discuss" when Valerie Jarret said that during the Obama administration no one argued if he/she were not given clearance due to questionable behavior/acts because they respected the "rules". 

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post

Here's another take on it, and I found their description of the fight particularly funny:

https://decider.com/2019/04/02/meghan-mccain-joy-behar-fight-the-view/?utm_source=DeciderTwitter&utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=SocialFlow

I like this next coverage because it is about the second segment where she lost her shit.  What is missed in all this is that it was Abby who said the Repubs are hypocrites and that if this had happened when Obama was President, he would have been attacked by Repubs (re the security clearances).  That is what led NutMeg to her meltdown, cause Joy said that nothing like this ever happened in Obama's WH.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/meghan-mccain-rages-in-fiery-view-rant-trumps-going-to-get-reelected-dont-say-i-didnt-warn-you/

I really think NutMeg owes everybody an apology.  She completely created the conflict and she was outright rude to Joy and the audience.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, General Days said:

Oh, for those playing at home "adage" is Meghan's word of the day, and she's used it incorrectly -- twice in the first 27 minutes.

She's really not too clear on the definition of "scandal" either, but she didn't introduce it, like she did with "adage."

I didn't catch the misuse of "adage," but I did catch

"...candidates who have ran..." 

Ugh, major pet peeve.

5 hours ago, bannana said:

BTW, when did Joy say that NutMeg didn't understand democratic socialism? 🙃

I don't think she did. Joy insinuated that many Americans dont understand democratic socialism, hence the low ratings on that poll they were referencing. 

Then Meghan said, "people are smart."

Joy: "So am I. "

MM: "So am i"  

Joy: "I disagree."

MM: "You disagree that I am smart?"

Joy: "No, I disagree that socialism is a bad thing."

So MM was pontificating that socialism isn't regarded highly by Americans, according to some poll and when Joy questioned the poll's results, MM exploded.

Edited by Blissfool
  • Like 10
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, Tosia said:

I don't get it either. 

MM 's father LOST the presidential election, despite (according to MM), having raised this child in the political womb who could have advised him how to win.  

So where does MM fathom that she is a political  pundint, who anyobe should listen to,  in any universe?  

Her hubris is a crazy illusion.

good point!   Meghan doesn't really know about how to win elections, she can stop giving the democrats advice any time now, since the candidates she supported in the last three elections LOST.   (if she's telling the truth about not voting for trump) 

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I hate when they have on an awesome guest and they only do one segment. I ❤️ Valerie. 

Yes - and annoying idiots like Elisabeth got THREE!!  

  • Like 14
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/1/2019 at 7:45 PM, HaaCHOO said:

I'm a 78-year-old fan of Joe Biden's, but I do question my peer's level of stamina over the next five years (2019-2024).  Of course, we've seen that maybe there really isn't much to the job.

I have backed off deciding about Biden's "past" expressions of affection.  If a few (or more) women had ever told him they were uncomfortable, he may have reconsidered his actions.  If everyone acted as if it didn't bother them--just ignored it for years, how was he or anyone to know?

My feeling exactly (including the age). 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

I didn't catch the misuse of "adage," but I did catch

"...candidates who have ran..." 

Yes, I cringed at the "candidates who have ran" error. 

The first misuse of "adage" came in the next segment. They were talking about Pete Buttigieg. She read her Wall St. Journal poll about characteristics "that voters find enthusiastic or they're comfortable with" [her awkward wording from her blue card; not mine].

MEGHAN: The top of the list, African Americans.  Second, a white man.  Third, a woman. And fourth? Gay/lesbian, so it's not nearly as--as taboo as I think maybe old--old--old adages may have thought.

Then she started the socialist thing. I'm not transcribing that or the ensuing hissy fit. I know she used "adage" incorrectly later in the show, too. That's what made me forget to snark on "have ran."

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I just wanna add that although Joy didn’t outright say to Meghan, “you don’t understand socialism,” her comment - that once people realize what it means, they’ll get on board with it - was basically an “I dare you to explain what it is” to Meghan, in a very polite way. At least, that’s how I interpreted it. We all know socialism is the closest thing to the Devil in Meghan’s mind. 

In addition, Meghan’s huffing and puffing, crossing her arms, mumbling under her breath that she misses when Whoopi is there, trying to rush to the commercial break by saying “we don’t have time to discuss it” - a hit dog will holler, and boy was Meghan hollering! I think Joy knew she’d take it personally.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post

Well,  and Meghan is the one who brought the question of intelligence into the conversation.

Per Meghan's reading of that poll (I'm not rewatching) "socialist" was a trait way down the list, with only 25% of respondents being enthusiastic or finding that acceptable. Joy said something along the lines of that the poll respondents don't understand what that means [i.e. what Democratic Socialists mean by calling themselves that]. 

Meghan then said, "People are smart."

Joy said, "I'm not?" or "I'm smart too" or something along those lines.

Meghan then twisted the conversation into a false accusation that Joy was saying she (Meghan) isn't smart. 

  • Like 10
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, bannana said:

Here's another take on it, and I found their description of the fight particularly funny:

https://decider.com/2019/04/02/meghan-mccain-joy-behar-fight-the-view/?utm_source=DeciderTwitter&utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=SocialFlow

I like this next coverage because it is about the second segment where she lost her shit.  What is missed in all this is that it was Abby who said the Repubs are hypocrites and that if this had happened when Obama was President, he would have been attacked by Repubs (re the security clearances).  That is what led NutMeg to her meltdown, cause Joy said that nothing like this ever happened in Obama's WH.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/meghan-mccain-rages-in-fiery-view-rant-trumps-going-to-get-reelected-dont-say-i-didnt-warn-you/

I really think NutMeg owes everybody an apology.  She completely created the conflict and she was outright rude to Joy and the audience.

I also think Abby was starting a really interesting conversation, and we couldn't get there because of Meghan derailing it. Ana gave Joy the same look you give a mother in the grocery store when their toddler is acting up and you're already having a bad day.

  • Like 12
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

Thank you, GHscorpios,  I stand corrected. I’m not a Simpson’s watcher and I only know that clip from a local radio talk show that uses it for a specific segment. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

good point!   Meghan doesn't really know about how to win elections, she can stop giving the democrats advice any time now, since the candidates she supported in the last three elections LOST.   (if she's telling the truth about not voting for trump) 

Alas, should the big T be reelected I'm going  to vomit with all her `I told you so' remarks.  And you know there will be many.

  • Like 4
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, nokat said:

I'm sure that's a huge part of her tantrums. Whoopi protects her and allows her way too much leeway, in my opinion. Joy, Sunny and Ana make Meghan almost bearable because moments like those on today's show illustrate her ignorance and downright idiocy at times, and that can be amusing to watch her toddler meltdowns. Signs of a coddled princess having to deal with adults who don't kiss her very large ass.
 

When is enough?  I'm so tired of it.  You'd think Whoopi wouldn't put up with that behavior if it was a little kid..so why does she protect MM?  I don't get it and I'm about to start passing on watching.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

I was rewatching the Obama scandal part of today's show and I just noticed that when Meghan was ranting at Joy and brought Abby's interview with Ivanka Trump into it (randomly), the camera cut to Abby and her face had a total "Oh my god, leave me out of this" expression on it.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 16

Share this post


Link to post

in the beginning segment of the show, they were talking about Joe Biden.  Abby says her favorite moment, last season,  watching the show, was Joe Biden hugging Meghan.  

Meghan SNARLS " he was COMFORTING me! When I was SAD and VERY SCARED!"  She YELLED this.  The anger with which she said that was shocking, and Abby looked confused by it at first.  It seemed like even before Meghan's "hissy fit"  in the next segment, she was PISSED and ready to fight.  

The other part that was weird, Meghan's diatribe about socialism, she said she was trying to explain why democratic socialists could be leading to trump's re-election.   But was she?  all she was doing was reciting statistics, there was no explanation, no interpretation, just the stupid "25%"

Anyway - I think Meghan started the day at work pissed off at someone.  I wonder - did she want to confront Valerie Jarrette about something and was told no?  was Meghan having difficulty with all the democrats being invited on the show, and the way she thinks the show is having an anti-conservative slant?   did they have an argument in their pre-show meeting about hot topics?  something happened, that she was ready to ATTACK over the slightest perceived slight.  

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Like 14
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, General Days said:

Then she started the socialist thing. I'm not transcribing that or the ensuing hissy fit. I know she used "adage" incorrectly later in the show, too. That's what made me forget to snark on "have ran."

Joy asked her to name an Obama scandal, after she mocked and laughed about Obama having no scandals.

NutMeg said: I don't want to do this, this morning, because I don't think socialism is a big winning adage for Democrats.  🤣🙃😮😆🙁👱‍♀️

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, bannana said:

NutMeg said: I don't want to do this, this morning, because I don't think socialism is a big winning adage for Democrats.  🤣🙃😮😆🙁

I think she said she "told them" in the morning's meeting that she didn't want to talk about that...and then they overruled her.  Perhaps that's the "adage" that set her off!

Edited by HaaCHOO · Reason: punk-choo-a-shun
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan SNARLS " he was COMFORTING me! When I was SAD and VERY SCARED!"  She YELLED this.  The anger with which she said that was shocking, and Abby looked confused by it at first. 

Yeah...and if this is how Meghan treats her "bestie" and "sister" when Abby is commenting in agreement, how does Meghan treat those in her daily life who don't rise to those levels?  I BOLDED Tinkerbell's words because that's how Meghan's outburst affected me too.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, bannana said:

I really think NutMeg owes everybody an apology. 

Like that will EVER happen!   She says, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry," all the time, but it's just another method she uses to interrupt someone (anyone) else who's vainly trying to make a point.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

10 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Like that will EVER happen!   She says, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry," all the time, but it's just another method she uses to interrupt someone (anyone) else who's vainly trying to make a point.

It's interesting that she hasn't tweeted today.  Normally she would be retweeting all the right wing sites that contend that Joy is a meanie and that NutMeg bested her.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

 Meghan SNARLS " he was COMFORTING me! When I was SAD and VERY SCARED!"  She YELLED this.  The anger with which she said that was shocking, and Abbylooked confused by it at first.  It seemed like even before Meghan's "hissy fit"  in the next segment, she was PISSED and ready to fight.  

You’re so right. That’s what she tends to always do. She looked like already had a bone to pick before she went on air. Just let Abby finish her thought but she had to explain it to the audience like we’re  dumb. Then she said it in such a hostile irritated way. She was doing usual squinting whenever she’s ready to disagree with someone. Why the screeching? Again I will say the loudest in the room is the weakest. 

  • Like 14
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, General Days said:

Oh, for those playing at home "adage" is Meghan's word of the day, and she's used it incorrectly -- twice in the first 27 minutes.
She's really not too clear on the definition of "scandal" either, but she didn't introduce it, like she did with "adage."

These two should travel together:  Pinquia wrote: 

Quote

A scandal is an action/conduct that causes a loss/damage to person's reputation.  Policy is a definite method/way to guide present/future decisions.

Apparently MM does not understand the difference between the two.  There have been many (and varied) scandal surrounding the orange guy's administration - from security clearance, to pay offs, to not divesting of personal business; Obama - wearing a gray suit.  Equal?? I don't think so.

May I help?

FirstDictionary.jpg

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

From my perspective, while Meghan might have her "tantrums", Joy is no better when throwing jabs under her breath towards Meghan.

Share this post


Link to post

I didn’t catch Abby squirming when Meghan dragged her into her meltdown.  I did think that she looked almost embarrassed when Joy made reference to her interview with Ivanka.  Joy was teasing, and she said something like hard-hitting, or in depth interview.  It was just a second but I thought, poor Abby. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, MsTree said:

From my perspective, while Meghan might have her "tantrums", Joy is no better when throwing jabs under her breath towards Meghan.

And this is why I love Joy. MM is a toddler most of the time and someone needs to check her. 

  • Like 24

Share this post


Link to post

13 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Joy: "So am I. "

MM: "So am i"  

Joy: "I disagree."

MM: "You disagree that I am smart?"

Joy: "No, I disagree that socialism is a bad thing."

Joy:  "But now that you mention it,  . . . . . . . . . "

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, MsTree said:

From my perspective, while Meghan might have her "tantrums", Joy is no better when throwing jabs under her breath towards Meghan.

I have not seen this.  can you give an example of Joy throwing jabs?  

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post

How could Abby not know about the super secret baby shower?  Weren't all the baby balloons and other decor a clue?

Poor Chelsea stuck with this today  

And Whoopi didn't show up. (So far.)

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Meghan is laying on the laughing & giggling a little thick again. She always seems to do it the day after she goes psycho.  Well, more psycho.  Hee hee!!  Look how fun and carefree I am!  Hee!!  

  • Like 17
  • Laugh 6
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Elsa saying she is not a baby person - Elsa you are not a human being person if you were you would not have acted like you did this whole week and everyday you have been on the View.

  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post

Just now, 1SimonMom said:

Elsa saying she is not a baby person - Elsa you are not a human being person if you were you would not have acted like you did this whole week and everyday you have been on the View.

Elsa is an Elsa person. 

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Jewell2 said:

And no Meghan, you are not getting any lasagna 😂😂

 I think Megan was expecting Joy to say that she would make one for her.. Never in a million years Megan.  

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 5
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Just turned this on and don’t need to waste an hour of my time on this crap.  I hate baby showers and I hate watching one on tv. Blah

  • Like 11
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

3 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Meghan would have went all "Arizona" on those protestor's asses.  She is such a giant ass.  Is that what she was doing yesterday?  Going "Arizona?"  She is such a joke. 

She does live in her own little world... Meghan would’ve shit  herself if that would’ve been her .  Is that what we call her immature hissy fits-“a little reactionary “?

  • Like 14
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Meghan would have went all "Arizona" on those protestors' asses.  She is such a giant ass.  Is that what she was doing yesterday?  Going "Arizona?"  She is such a joke.

I have never been to Arizona but from what I've seen and heard Arizona seems like a very laid back state.  Pretty sure it's not known for being violent or quick to fly off the handle.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Meghan would have went all "Arizona" on those protestors' asses.  She is such a giant ass.  Is that what she was doing yesterday?  Going "Arizona?"  She is such a joke.

Also, today's show is a giant snore.  So much for "turning this Mother out."  Zzzzzzzz

"My Dad"  ---- Check

They had to make today boring after yesterday's shit storm of a show, I guess. This is a pattern, I've noticed. Usually the day after Meghan acts like a lunatic, she's all smiles and giggles.

  • Like 12
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size