Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 4/1/2019

buffynut
  • Start Topic

MONDAY APRIL 1 -  SEASON 22, EPISODE 134 • NEW  - Actresses Issa Rae and Marsai Martin ("Little"); hot items at affordable prices.

TUESDAY APRIL 2 -  SEASON 22, EPISODE 135 • NEW -  The Political View with Valerie Jarrett; actresses Kristin Hensley and Jen Smedley ("I Mom So Hard").

WEDNESDAY APRIL 3 -  SEASON 22, EPISODE 136 • NEW - Author Chelsea Clinton.

THURSDAY APRIL 4 -  SEASON 22, EPISODE 137 • NEW -  Rep. Tim Ryan (D-Ohio); actress Taraji P. Henson.

FRIDAY APRIL 5 -  SEASON 22, EPISODE 138 • NEW -  Actor Zachary Levi; actress Kiernan Shipka.

https://tvlistings.zap2it.com/?aid=gapzap

• Love 3

I have fears about Meghan going into a Middle America rant when Kiernan Shipka is there. She's promoting a very scary show and Meghan will no doubt say that a lot of Middle America is turned off by it. 

• Love 2

Welcome,  @Aethera  and @deaja.

12 hours ago, TheView said:

I have fears about Meghan going into a Middle America rant when Kiernan Shipka is there. She's promoting a very scary show and Meghan will no doubt say that a lot of Middle America is turned off by it. 

Sabrina or something else?

Actually, I think Meghan might be okay on pop culture stuff. I can't remember the particulars, but last week she was talking about films in some capacity, and she sounded knowledgable and reasonable.

Maybe it was on Friday's show. Does anyone who actually remembers things recall the conversation I'm trying to cite. It was the first time I believed she might have gone to Columbia. 

8 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Oh, Lord help all our ears, a Clinton's about to come on the program. Screams galore from McCan't.

2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Either an attempted filleting or Meghan will bond over being daughters of presidents politicians.

2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I know it will never happen but I would love for Chelsea to confront Meghan over things she has said about her mother.

I'm putting $5.00 on Meghan trying to bond while also trying (and failing) to ask a "gotcha" question, which won't ruffle even one of Chelsea's feathers.

We should have a pool for this stuff. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, Jewell2 said:

Ok, so because Joe Biden kissed the McCain ring, she is going to vouch for him?  She is so damn transparent 

I haven't watched yet but is this "Well he didn't do it me so he must not have done it to anyone else" type of vouching?

• Love 8
(edited)

I hope tweeter lights up Whoopie's ass for her stupid comments and Megan as well for trying to mimic Whoopie.  Whoopie's arrogance and ignorance is back and on display. I need Whoopie to stay home and continue her convalescence over there.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 21

What Elsa just did is the epitome of what she is all about when they are discussing the SC woman being killed and Elsa2 says nothing ever good happens after midnight and using that as a cautionary tale and yet Elsa of course has to make anything and everything about her and she tries to make a joke by saying well I have some good things happen after midnight.  There are no words to describe what this B .... just did, someone died and someone who constantly reminds us that she is sad etc and she has the F ,,, n nerve to bring this topic and make light of it.  

I hate her I hate her I hate her.  ENOUGH ENOUGH ENOUGH GO to H E double hockey sticks and may you never have to listen to someone make an insensitive comment when discussing a murder - F Off

• Love 21

Things McCain was more upset about on this show than Biden’s creepy hair-sniffing and handsy behavior:

• Amy Klobuchar possibly being mean to her employees.
  • Kamala Harris’ admission that she smoked marijuana in college.
  • Beto O’Rourke saying he was “born to run.”
  • Elizabeth Warren’s announcement video where she popped open a beer.
  • Inslee’s climate change platform.
  • Julian Castro for existing.
  • And let us not forget that she learned all about sex from Bill Clinton.

I guess when you’re a “friend” of McCain, you’re in a special, elite class above any and all criticism. And no surprise that Whoopi “rape rape” / Cosby-defender Goldberg could barely stand to even allow Joy or Sunny to speak on the topic at all. You could tell Sunny’s opinion was not the same as theirs, but she knew it would not be welcome with those two screaming and hollering like complete loons.

• Love 22
22 minutes ago, 17wheatthins said:

I'm a chump because I fell for that; bought bottles and bags AND the napkins 😳

The bags, bottles, and, napkins didn't look bad.  The "bevies" reference just exceeded my cutesy tolerance quota for the month and it's only April 1st.

• LOL 10
  • Love 4

Whoopi STFU.  There is a difference between you telling a man to back off you are making me feel uncomfortable and a woman working a minimum wage job telling her supervisor the same thing.

I am so sick of her defending men and criticizing women for not doing what Whoopi thinks is appropriate.

And fuck you too Meghan.  It is not up to you declare what the standard is for harassment.

And fuck you too Abby.  You are worried about the MeToo movement going too far.  You worry about men being afraid of trying to shake a woman's hand.   That sounds like something a man would say.

And I'm not too happy with Joy and Sunny either.

I get it panel. You all have met Joe Biden and you like him.  Doesn't mean he isn't guilty of doing inappropriate things with women.

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, Vanderboom said:

I hope so, too--especially in light of the whole "Just tell them you're uncomfortable" thing. Whoopi refuses to hear about the impact of her words but somehow thinks that Handsy Men will automatically listen to the women they make uncomfortable. 

Also: Joe Biden can be out of line AND a Friend of the Show at the same time. Meghan and Whoopi act like it's impossible for Biden to be inappropriate because he's nice to them. 

Oh, and they can bite me with the victim-blaming with the Mistaken Uber murder victim. 😡

No one is blaming the victim for being murdered.  I took it as reminding women to be careful when traveling alone.   Use the tools safety tools Uber provides (i.e driver's license number and picture of driver) before getting in the car.   Try to travel with friends when possible as there is safety in numbers.   This is age old advice.   Although I agree MM's joke was not appropriate at all.   

I'm not a touchy feely person, and have encountered many people (male and female) who are handsy, huggers, or just like to get closer in my personal space than I prefer.   I have found a friendly, I'm not a hugger, or a comment about personal space made with a smile to be very effective  99% of the time.   Just like I am not touchy feely, and that's OK.  I recognize that plenty of other people are, and that no ill will is meant by it in most cases.   Once I let you know to stop, and you continue then we have a problem.   I agree with the panel that I don't like thought of what Harvey Weinstein was accused of and what Joe Biden is being accused of being considered the same offense.   And it's difficult to have that discussion on how to make the distinction.  

• Love 24
5 hours ago, Haleth said:

Either an attempted filleting or Meghan will bond over being daughters of presidents politicians.

Meghan is a narcissist and so she's going to either ask a question that she thinks will make someone look foolish or she's going to ask a question that she thinks will validate her own views. My gut tells me that Meghan is going to compliment Chelsea for speaking out against Ilhan Omar and anti-Semitism and will give Chelsea the platform to reinforce her own talking points and put it in her back pocket to be used in the future as well. 

I trust all of you are doing justice with how Whoopi delivered her point about Biden. I'll have to read the reviews of the show today to see if I"m willing to tune in to hear her comments. If it's a lot of screeching and tantrums, I'll continue to pass. Whoopi has always struggled with being fair when it comes to allegations against people she knows and it's really bothersome to listen to her speak on these kinds of topics. The lesson from stories like these isn't to vilify a man who may have hugged a woman and made her uncomfortable, it's to acknowledge that as a society we have to more openly discuss the importance of respect and personal space. I don't know the intent of releasing this information now but Flores intent isn't evidence of whether this did or didn't happen and Biden's good intent doesn't mean that he didn't make her uncomfortable. A handshake is something you have to reciprocate, reciprocity is not required for a hug or a touch but either of those things can make someone uncomfortable. I imagine most people (regardless of religion) wouldn't walk up to a woman in a headscarf and greet her with a kiss on the cheek because most people understand her personal space but they attribute it to her religious beliefs and not to her right as a human being to have her personal space respected. Know your place and know your audience.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Perhaps I’m feeling contrary today but I saw nothing wrong with Whoopi’s comments about either Biden or the SC student. We all know people who are demonstrative, people who touch your arm when talking to you or who hug and kiss everyone. There is nothing intentionally sexual or threatening with these gestures but the only way to stop them is to tell the person you don’t want to be touched. It’s not a big deal. The woman who went on the news certainly overreacted and I’d also question her motives. 

Regarding the SC student, it’s not victim blaming to suggest women be more careful, especially when getting into a stranger’s car.  She made a terrible mistake that is a reminder to us all that we are vulnerable when we let our guard down  

After7, I was typing as your post popped up. I agree with everything you said! 

• Useful 2
  • Love 17
32 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Perhaps I’m feeling contrary today but I saw nothing wrong with Whoopi’s comments about either Biden or the SC student. We all know people who are demonstrative, people who touch your arm when talking to you or who hug and kiss everyone. There is nothing intentionally sexual or threatening with these gestures but the only way to stop them is to tell the person you don’t want to be touched. It’s not a big deal. The woman who went on the news certainly overreacted and I’d also question her motives. 

Regarding the SC student, it’s not victim blaming to suggest women be more careful, especially when getting into a stranger’s car.  She made a terrible mistake that is a reminder to us all that we are vulnerable when we let our guard down  

After7, I was typing as your post popped up. I agree with everything you said! 

My problem with Whoopie's comments is her simplistic view of things . Plus, she has a nasty history of defending powerful men doing bad things so that colored my judgment of her today. She dominated the conversation and you had Abby taking jabs at the #Metoo movement and Megan cheering Whoopie on. Notice that Whoopie was telling the audience, not to write her in protest, since she has made comments that inflamed people's passions in the past.  I do agree that not all demonstration of affection is sexual and I do think the media especially those on the right  are trying to make it seem like Biden is a predator when he is not.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
12 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I do agree that not all demonstration of affection is sexual and I do think the media especially those on the right  are trying to make it seem like Biden is a predator when he is not.   

For me it's not about Biden's intent (which might be harmless) but how the women interpreted his actions.

• Love 12
18 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

For me it's not about Biden's intent (which might be harmless) but how the women interpreted his actions.

And Stephanie Carter, who is shown in the picture most often used to illustrate Biden's so-called "creepiness"   has a lot to say about how her photo has been used: 

Stephanie Carter says Biden was offering suport

She had taken a nasty spill on ice earlier that day, and was shaken up by it.  Biden was not doing anything inappropriate, she is upset that the photo is being used to illustrate a point that has nothing to do with the reality of the situation. 

As for FLores - there are photos if her with her hand on Biden's shoulder for a selfie, photos of her hugging Bill Clinton and others, all over twitter.   If she has a problem with personal space, it seems it was limited to that one instance.    As much as I want to support women, I have to agree that if she's supporting one candidate for president, that makes her negative comments about another candidate viewed with skepticism.  She's even said she did NOT feel this was sexual harassment, but a violation of her space. 

To me, I look at the hugs and air kisses, or cheek kisses that celebrities do, on The View and elsewhere, and wonder, is that gong to have to stop because people are going to be afraid that ANY non-sexual touching crosses a line?  

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, SPinCA said:

I was disappointed in the segment about the young lady who was murdered. Meghan’s joke was tasteless under the circumstances and while I can appreciate the reminder to check that your Uber is legit, I think it’s crazy that they had a segment about this crime and never mentioned that some guy murdered this woman for no reason. Maybe it hits home too much because I’m from a rural area and had to move to the city as a young woman and I worked as a server and had to get home after midnight, I took precautions but should the worst have happened it would not have been my fault. The comments on the clip are mostly in agreement that they handled it poorly but you also get a share of “we don’t let the women in our family take cabs alone”. It’s such a fine line between reminding women to be alert and cautious and suggesting a return to chaperones and thinking women without male protection are fair game. 

It is a fine line, and they didn't handle it well, IMO

• Love 17
(edited)

I found the entire table's treatment of the fake Uber driver/murder story to be off:

• Abby said nothing good happens after midnight. Victim-blaming! We all have the right to be safe no matter what time we're out.
  • Meghan's joke: Don't get me started.
  • Whoopi and Joy tried to chime in with "tricks" like, "Make the driver say your name" and "Don't separate from your friends." I drive for Lyft, and there is no trick necessary! Your rideshare company will send you a photo of your driver, his/her car, and the license plate along with confirmation of your ride. Just make sure you are getting in the car with the license plate that's displayed on your phone. Visually confirm your driver. (Drivers also get a photo of the passenger they're picking up.) I don't understand getting in a car that stops for you without confirming it's YOUR rideshare.

I feel terrible for the young woman. What a tragedy.

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Useful 2
  • Love 20
(edited)
12 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

I hope so, too--especially in light of the whole "Just tell them you're uncomfortable" thing. Whoopi refuses to hear about the impact of her words but somehow thinks that Handsy Men will automatically listen to the women they make uncomfortable. 

Also: Joe Biden can be out of line AND a Friend of the Show at the same time. Meghan and Whoopi act like it's impossible for Biden to be inappropriate because he's nice to them. 

Oh, and they can bite me with the victim-blaming with the Mistaken Uber murder victim. 😡

Love this post . Love it. 

Re: Whoopi's Just Say No bullshit, we've been here before with her polluted boundaries. Remember when she declared Polanski raping a girl he'd drugged wasn't rape-rape?  (Polanski's victim begged him to stop,  so Whoopi might want to rethink her Magic No as protection from everything from unwanted hugs to a thirteen-year-old girl surviving anal, oral and vaginal rape. Excuse me, rape-rape, the real kind.)  And if Biden ever sniffed my hair, I'd likely freeze and make nice as well, but jesus, I hope I'd have the quick-minded impulse to knee him in the balls. Because grabbing a woman from behind for a hug is bad enough, but a man placing his face in my hair - something only my sexual partners have ever done  - is beyond creepy. 

Upside: Meghan vouching for anybody's character - given her lack of it - reminded me it was April Fool's Day ; )

Edited by film noire
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 8

So after being away for a few weeks (only being able to watch a few clips on youtube) it seems like i returned to the tag team of "Daddies Deluded daughters Dragons" being out in full fource.

Both Abby & Meghan pissed me off in the Biden talk,just because he`s nice to them doesnt he is to other people but then again is it much of a shock to see these 2 not be able to see past themselves? Whoopie i`m not surprised at considering what she has done/said in the past but i think Sonny came closest to hitting the nail on the head - other people might of been ok with what Biden was doing but Lucy Flores was not. Oh & whats the betting Meghan will keep this so next time someone accuses her of being a right wing nutjob she can turn round & say  "i can see both sides - i supported Biden"!

then on the Uber story,seriously Abby - Nothing good happens past midnight?! Can i ask what century she`s living in,can someone explain to her you can not make blanket statments like that when we live in a world where more & more cities become 24hr places. Sadly yes some bad stuff does happen such as this story but for some reason her saying that really annoyed me & the less said about Meghans "joke" the better.

• Love 14
(edited)
1 hour ago, BradleyK said:

then on the Uber story,seriously Abby - Nothing good happens past midnight?

What's even sillier is that she lives in NEW YORK CITY!!   Guess Mr/Mrs Abby don't go out to dinner after a Broadway show.

2 hours ago, film noire said:

Upside: Meghan vouching for anybody's character - given her lack of it - reminded me it was April Fool's Day ; )

This is SO GOOD!

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

And sadly, we often interpret someone's actions on whether we like/respect them or not.   I had a guy tell me (recently), "You were a great hugger when you worked at ________."  I said, "I was not! Because there were people I didn't want touching me, I chose to not hug/be hugged by anyone at work."

• Love 2

NutMeg jumped on Whoopi's standard line, don't email me, text me, etc., cause she don't care.

So NutMeg jumps in with, yeah, don't email me either. 

Isn't the whole point of her being on Twitter that it can help to boost her visibility and popularity?  So now she is going to be like Whoopi (I really don't care, do you) Goldberg, and tell people to just leave her alone?

Yeah, right. 🤨

• Love 6
(edited)

The woman who went on the news certainly overreacted and I’d also question her motives. 

The woman who went on the news certainly overreacted and I’d also question her motives. 

Yes, a thousand times, Haleth!

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, film noire said:

Love this post . Love it. 

Re: Whoopi's Just Say No bullshit, we've been here before with her polluted boundaries. Remember when she declared Polanski raping a girl he'd drugged wasn't rape-rape?  (Polanski's victim begged him to stop,  so Whoopi might want to rethink her Magic No as protection from everything from unwanted hugs to a thirteen-year-old girl surviving anal, oral and vaginal rape. Excuse me, rape-rape, the real kind.)  And if Biden ever sniffed my hair, I'd likely freeze and make nice as well, but jesus, I hope I'd have the quick-minded impulse to knee him in the balls. Because grabbing a woman from behind for a hug is bad enough, but a man placing his face in my hair - something only sexual partners have ever done  - is beyond creepy. 

With Biden I realize it is a challenging discussion. I get he started out in the Nixon years. So did I. If a stranger kissed the back of my head during the Nixon Administration, I would have gone ballistic. That said, I like Joe as much as any on the panel.

• Love 9

I'm a 78-year-old fan of Joe Biden's, but I do question my peer's level of stamina over the next five years (2019-2024).  Of course, we've seen that maybe there really isn't much to the job.

I have backed off deciding about Biden's "past" expressions of affection.  If a few (or more) women had ever told him they were uncomfortable, he may have reconsidered his actions.  If everyone acted as if it didn't bother them--just ignored it for years, how was he or anyone to know?

• LOL 1
  • Love 16

That picture of Joe Biden they showed has been on Facebook at least a year.  I do wonder about the motivation.   Democrats don’t seem to defend their own.  Ask Al Franklin.  Just can’t discuss it on the View since it involves Megan’s friend.  

• Love 8

So in the first segment Whoopi tells us to tell a man if he is being inappropriate. In the second segment we see a clip in which Kellyanne Conway tells a reporter that he is asking an inappropriate question and Whoopi questions Kellyanne's reaction?

Then Sunny defended the reporter's question because, as she said, Trump has weighed in on KC's marriage publicly. But as I see it, Trump has made criticisms and insinuations about MR. Conway. The reporter was asking KC how her marriage is holding up, which is none of our business.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5