Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E10: Moving Meltdowns

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Plus, Kootie and dear upstanding mother Robyn would deem it inappropriate for his stepson living in the same house that Mindy inhabits.  I hope Logan & Michelle living together (as I assume they do, not sure) really pisses Kootie off.  Mr. Purity Kootie, who spreads his wee-wee among 4 women, and calls himself godly, or something like it.  LOL

They do live together and Kody said in a previous season that it kind of grossed him out (forgot his exact words). Interestingly, he has not said the same about Mariah and Audrey.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, mamapajama said:

Just shows how HARD they hate each other, if they can't even stand to pass by the "sister's" room on the way to the dang garage.  "You can bang my "husband," but no way in Hell will I pass your door on my way to the car."

Remember in the very first episode how Christine said, “well he’d better!” meaning hopefully Kody is having sex with all the wives because that means he’s on good terms with all the wives which is ultimately the best for all involved. 

That’s a mature point of view and conceivable she really felt that way. She was raised in polygamy, so it wouldn’t feel as weird. Also, it’s not hard to feel that way when you suspect there is little romance to Kody’s and Janelle’s marriage, so less competition.

Cut to Robyn and her Victoria’s Secret stash, and now they can’t even share a house where Kody could be having sex with another wife.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, sucker4reality said:

Thoughts on this episode:

Kody's imaginary giant plyg house--didn't they have something similar in Utah? And didn't Kody mess it by marrying Robyn and having her live separate from the rest of the family? And then pretend to be persecuted and flee to Las Vegas? And didn't they have the next best thing in Vegas with the cul-de-sac? And now Kody's screwing it up again with this inexplicable move to Flagstaff?

Why the f-- did Christine buy a temporary house? On the one hand, I know that mortgage payments can be lower than rent, but if you can't sell the damn thing before you move to the permanent house, you're stuck with an extra mortgage. So, that leaves the four houses in Vegas (or three now that one is sold), the land at Coyote Pass and Christine's temporary house. Oy vey...

Gabe once again speaks the truth. I really wish they'd stop asking his opinion if they don't really care. Same with Gwendylyn. I bet if they talked to Janelle's older boys or Paedon (didn't he stay in Vegas?) they'd hear a lot of the same. Telling Gwendylyn "That's the most mature thing you have ever said" made me so damn mad for her. No, that's the most defeated thing she has ever said.

Sludge and Pudge soooo didn't want Meri helping them move. And who can blame them? She's a self-professed control freak. 

Fairly certain they mentioned using Christine's as a rental property in the future so it could generate income.

They did not seem to want Meri involved with the move at all, did they? She probably would have been way more intrusive and nosy than Mariah prefers--probably wanting to "hang out" instead of giving them their space. 

Overall, I was bored with this episode and thankful it was only an hour. "Moving drama" happens to every family so, big whup. Yawn. 

• Love 9

When did the sister wives to prima donnas happen?  Is all this grandeur according to their bible and teachings?

interesting when king kody mentioned to the fellows about building their own mcmansions!  Never going to happen!  I'm sure those fellows don't have two nickels to rub together!

king kody rose and shall surely fall!

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

When did the sister wives to prima donnas happen?  Is all this grandeur according to their bible and teachings?

interesting when king kody mentioned to the fellows about building their own mcmansions!  Never going to happen!  I'm sure those fellows don't have two nickels to rub together!

king kody rose and shall surely fall!

When the miracle of TLC fell into their laps.  Now, like the grasshopper, they make no plans for the future and are all in for a very rude awakening someday soon.

• Love 15
(edited)
11 hours ago, suomi said:

plans and blueprints are not the same thing. Kody asked for a plan/a design. When I was in the game, a plan showed what was being built, a blueprint showed how to build it.

I know;  I realized this after I left the forum boards and went to go to bed, but I was just too tired to edit the post.   I fell asleep devising my own floor plan for the Browns.   I should never post anything after 10 pm and especially after midnight.        🛌  My bad

Edited by Twopper
posted after midnight
  • LOL 16
10 hours ago, deirdra said:

I don't understand the point of a fifth kitchen unless Kody plans to start doing his fair  share of the cooking.  The wives would always be running back to their own kitchen for things Kody's space is missing.

The fifth kitchen is for the dining area in the common area.  You know, for the big family dinners that they always have which I think are actually very rare.   I think maybe it would be more like a commercial kitchen, and all of the wives could prepare the family meals together.    It would make sense to have one big laundry room in the common area as well with two washers and two dryers.  All of this goes to show that this is not one big family,  just 4 separate ones that are related.   Otherwise, I think the triplets would be sharing a room.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

I didn't pause long enough to see if there was an upstairs on the mansion? 

If they are really planning to stay there into their elder years, they should put the master suites on the main floor to allow for single level living. 

Fairly certain they mentioned using Christine's as a rental property in the future so it could generate income.

This is really the only thing that would make sense and it's tough. I believe most financial experts say you have to remain in a home at least five years to make your money back on it. Rentals can make money but only if you can rent them for more than the mortgage and other regular costs, plus maintenance. You have to own in a great rental market and keep it consistently occupied. I rented my townhouse for awhile before selling it and I had excellent tenants. Still hated being a landlord. They would have to be turning a decent profit and expect the house to continue to appreciate in value for it to be worthwhile.

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
(edited)
50 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

If they are really planning to stay there into their elder years, they should put the master suites on the main floor to allow for single level living. 

Yes. The plans have the master suites all on the first floor. Christine, Janelle and Robyn have a guest room on the first floor too. Meri does not. Christine, Janelle and

Robyn have  bigger family rooms.  Robyn has a bigger kitchen  with an island. There are stairs leading upstairs to the kids rooms -- individually over each main floor "apartment." 

IMHO they should have equal but seperate main level living. But  a whole mess of connected upstairs kids  bedrooms.

Edited by Tuxcat
fixed name
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, Barbara Please said:

I don’t have much to add to the thread this week other than this:

What a bunch of freaks. It isn’t right to get turned on, and interested in a man when he starts talking about his wife. 

I really hate Kody. I’d like nothing more than to take a pair of gardening shears to his stupid looking popcorn ponytail. The way he treats his kids is similar to how he treats his wives. He likes to ridicule or ignore if their not following the Kody plan. 

Christine is getting too much airtime. In a way, she’s very much like a female version  of Kody. She’s happy now because she’s getting most of the attention. 

I feel bad for all the kids, especially  Truely, because she’s stuck in this mess for years to come, and her Mom is a dingbat who will do  anything for that egotistical man-child. 

Plus she seems very immature for her age.  Purposefully stunted to play Christine's forever "baby".

• Love 16
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Barbara Please said:

I don’t have much to add to the thread this week other than this:

What a bunch of freaks. It isn’t right to get turned on, and interested in a man when he starts talking about his wife. 

I really hate Kody. I’d like nothing more than to take a pair of gardening shears to his stupid looking popcorn ponytail. The way he treats his kids is similar to how he treats his wives. He likes to ridicule or ignore if their not following the Kody plan. 

Christine is getting too much airtime. In a way, she’s very much like a female version  of Kody. She’s happy now because she’s getting most of the attention. 

I feel bad for all the kids, especially  Truely, because she’s stuck in this mess for years to come, and her Mom is a dingbat who will do  anything for that egotistical man-child. 

+++++1 to all of this but especially the bolded part.  I never realized it before but this is spot-on.  If someone dares push back against his leadership role, he belittles and cajoles and invalidates.  He's really such a twisted yet ineffectual little man - his wives may be stuck with this jerk for eternity, but I enjoy seeing how his kids are one by one leaving him and his stupid rules behind and forging their own lives in spite of him.

And I need to add - this first time around when these people fled from Utah under the fake threat of persecution, I didn't catch how Paedon wasn't allowed to bring his toys, and how Logan yelled at him to get those boxes off the truck.  Seeing that scene again last night almost made me cry.  Kody Brown's kids have been either neglected by him or mistreated by him under the veil of "religious leader."  He really is trying to lead the Cult of Kody Brown.  Too bad for him that his kids aren't having it.  

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 22
16 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Plus she seems very immature for her age.  Purposefully stunted to play Christine's forever "baby".

I think Truely has lingering issues from that time she went into renal failure and her dimwit parents were clueless.  Thank heavens her sister had her wits about her.  That kid could easily have died.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, Kohola3 said:

I think Truely has lingering issues from that time she went into renal failure and her dimwit parents were clueless.  Thank heavens her sister had her wits about her.  That kid could easily have died.

But would acute renal failure result in such a developmental delay? If she had CKD I could understand. 

42 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Yes. The plans have the master suites all on the first floor. Christine, Janelle and Robyn have a guest room on the first floor too. Meri does not. Christine, Janelle and

Robyn have  bigger family rooms.  Robyn has a bigger kitchen  with an island. There are stairs leading upstairs to the kids rooms -- individually over each main floor "apartment." 

This should tell Meri how much Kody wants her to stick around! Sounds like she's getting what amounts to a mother-in-law apartment. Is there a guest room at all or does Kody not expect/want Mariah and Audrey to ever visit? Or is this more (upcoming) TLC drama for the wives to all pooh-pooh the one-house plans because it's not fair to all the wives; or better yet, will this result in histrionics from Meri, Janelle trying to be neutral, Christine dithering, and more sobs from Robyn?

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Sandy W said:

The area he assigned for himself looked bigger than some of the others.  I wonder who he expects to do the housekeeping in his grand retreat?

The "wife du jour", undoubtedly.

• Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, sucker4reality said:

Gabe once again speaks the truth. I really wish they'd stop asking his opinion if they don't really care. Same with Gwendylyn. I bet if they talked to Janelle's older boys or Paedon (didn't he stay in Vegas?) they'd hear a lot of the same.

I guess they aren't old enough to realize how patronizing it is to be asked your opinion when it makes not one bit of difference in the outcome, and how you'll be ridiculed/mocked/slammed for expressing an opinion that's honest but hurting/angry (in other words, human).

2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

It's part of the bible of the Church of the Almighty Dollar and Persecuted Plygs.  And it comes with an eraser so they can change the rules any time it suits the occasion.

Oh so accurate....and beyond pathetic.

1 hour ago, Barbara Please said:

What a bunch of freaks. It isn’t right to get turned on, and interested in a man when he starts talking about his wife

3 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Also, it’s not hard to feel that way when you suspect there is little romance to Kody’s and Janelle’s marriage, so less competition.

And all of the women were in agreement about how dreamy it was when Kody did it, so that means it's probably not just this bunch of kooks who feel that way.  But it was very interesting to note that when Christine was talking about Kody speaking about another wife, the only thing she imitated was him saying, "Meri, Meri, Meri"...but he was also married to Janelle at that point!  Guess that's just more confirmation about his less-than-romantic feelings about her.

1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

And I need to add - this first time around when these people fled from Utah under the fake threat of persecution, I didn't catch how Paedon wasn't allowed to bring his toys, and how Logan yelled at him to get those boxes off the truck. 

With them still having about 947 relatives nearby, why on earth didn't someone else just bring the remaining boxes to Vegas?

13 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I can't follow their math.  Actually, Robyn has 5 kids at home.  When he was explaining the layouts to his brothers, he said Robyn gets 5 bedrooms, one for each kid, then a master bedroom for them, then another master bedroom if any college kids want to stay at home.  Couldn't the college kid just stay in his/her old bedroom? 

But what makes no sense at all is that given that the architect/draftswoman said that the house she designed for them had 19 bedrooms, then none of the bedroom calculations that Cody was doing, or even discussing directly with the woman, were relevant to what he apparently really had her draw up.

Edited by LuvMyShows
updated bedrooms comment after the recap
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

But what makes no sense at all is that I'm almost positive that the architect/draftswoman said that the house she designed for them had 19 bedrooms!

Let me guess--there's only 1 bedroom in Meri's part of the house! I guess she'll have to rent some office space in downtown Flagstaff to run her LLR business since there won't be enough room in her apartment in the "big house". But 19 bedrooms total -- 1 for each parent (5), 1 for each of Janelle's kids still at home (2), 1 for each of Christine's kids still at home (4) and 1 for each of Robyn's kids (5)--then I think Kody also wanted an extra guest suite for Janelle's mom (1), and 2 extra guest suites for Robyn's parents to visit and for Dayton (2)= 19 bedrooms.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, auntiemel said:

I had to laugh at the draftsperson saying she worked so hard to make them not all look "like apartments" because....that's EXACTLY what they looked like!

And that’s exactly what they are! With a nice common area like many complexes have. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
5 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I didn't pause long enough to see if there was an upstairs on the mansion? 

Each wife should have an equal amount of square footage on the main living floor.

If there is an upstairs it should be like a hotel with just all bedrooms on that level. If this is one big happy family then why can't the kids (and returning kids) live in the same upstairs area? No reason why the extra bedrooms have to be in the 4 corner apartments. No reason Robyn should need 3500 square feet of her own. Breakfast with mom? No problem - walk downstairs and turn.

OMG, yes! This makes complete sense. The fact that such a thing was apparently not considered gives the lie to the whole “one big happy family, Love should be multiplied ” BS. 

Again, Kody, shave your head. You can always grow it back later if you must. But take a look at your brother, who is extremely handsome and WELL GROOMED. At the very least, burn that stupid headband. It looks like the kind I had to wear to church (Episcopal!oh no!  Run for your life!) in the 1950s. GRAB A CLUE. You look like Pebbles Flintstone. 

ETA: Meri kind of looked like she wanted to cringe and be sick when the others were taking about Kody going Meri Meri Meri - as a courting lure. I would have grabbed that stupid topknot and yanked it bloody from his thick skull. 

This must be why he wants to be able to flirt in front of all the wome. It turns them on. Ladies, jealousy =/= passionate love. 

ETA again! More Deep Thoughts, ha. 

Janelle is trying to be so upbeat and positive when we saw how vehemently opposed she initially was to this move. Gabe must know she’s faking it instead of fighting on the kids’ behalf. And I thought Janelle looked depressed and overwhelmed when she was surrounded by all her “stuff.” No wonder she just wants to bag it and move on - doubtless with a heavy sigh and, I hope, a bottle of good wine. 

Was it Christine who had to interrupt her packing etc and make Pebbles’ breakfast? I just KNEW we’d see him running around like a madman, yapping  at the people who were actually working and reminding them constantly of all the difficulties. OMG, Christine, you won’t even have a house to live in! But let’s get cracking, we’re burning daylight! 

Amazing that he hasn’t had some sort of accidental fall down the stairs or something. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • LOL 9
  • Love 15
(edited)
5 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Family dynamics fascinate me, which is why I started watching this show in the first place.  I come from a pretty small family, so seeing how larger families interact is very interesting to me.

Here's what I wonder about the Brown boys, all of whom have either left or are on their way out (except Dayton, since Kody is apparently going to build him his very own turret for when he's not in school)....I can see how the boys would be able to pick up on their mother's pain at being ignored by their dad.  I feel like the girls are too busy emulating their mothers in order to get precious time with their father, and since he has no time or craps to give about their endless neediness, they've ended up marrying men who remind them of their father - with Mitch and Caleb being part of the extended Brown family and Tony being a controlling grifting jerk with bad hair.

The boys, however, are flying the coop as soon as they are able.  I wonder about their need to stick nearby and protect their moms and sisters versus the fact that maybe they have seen the inequity between themselves and their sisters/mothers as it pertains to attention from Kody, so maybe their leaving was a way to ensure that their moms and sisters finally get more attention from Kody?

I don't know what I'm talking about but it sure is interesting to me that Kody Brown's precious sons - that he spent so much time with and tried to bond with over the needs of the females in the family - have one by one left the Brown compound to do their own thing and not emulate their dad's way of life in any way.  

These thoughts make a lot of sense to me, too. Also, it’s interesting to me how these dynamics kind of mimic what happens in the scarier plyg groups like the FLDS. Young men are basically chased out to find their own way, because all the women or GIRLS (shudder) are snapped up by the older horny males. The woman remain meek and submissive and trapped. 

The Browns obviously don’t live like that but their dynamic does echo the fundamentalist creeps.  

ETA, on another note, I have to say I completely agree with Robyn that all this instability does not result in giving the kids a true home to return to. Moving so much is hard enough when it’s necessary but why would Gabe, for example, developing nostalgic feelings for a (possibly short-lived) family home in a Flagstaff under these circumstances? Kody is practically ensuring that he’s pushing some kids away for good with this nonsense. 

On yet another note, Meri’s sadness about being disinvited from helping Mariah made me sad for her. I wonder if, besides wanting to help, she was looking forward to not being in the midst of Kody’s circus and could move her own self to Flagstaff in relative calm and peace 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Useful 1
  • Love 22
4 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

The boys, however, are flying the coop as soon as they are able.  I wonder about their need to stick nearby and protect/help their moms and sisters versus the fact that maybe they have seen the inequity between themselves and their sisters/mothers as it pertains to attention from Kody, so maybe their leaving was a way to ensure that their moms and sisters finally get more attention from Kody?

Where are all the older boys? If I remember correctly, Logan is at UNLV living with Michelle and Hunter is in Colorado at the US Air Force Academy.  Where are Garrison and Paedon and what are they up to?

• Love 2
4 hours ago, sucker4reality said:

Why the f-- did Christine buy a temporary house? On the one hand, I know that mortgage payments can be lower than rent, but if you can't sell the damn thing before you move to the permanent house, you're stuck with an extra mortgage. So, that leaves the four houses in Vegas (or three now that one is sold), the land at Coyote Pass and Christine's temporary house. Oy vey...

Their reasoning was that the finding rental homes there were hard to find so Christine's only option

56 minutes ago, MV713 said:

I must have somehow missed the Robyn comment about how her parents told her about Kody's plan for one home.

When was that?

During one of the talking head segments with all the wives. Kody was not on the couch when she said it.

50 minutes ago, kimaken said:

Let me guess--there's only 1 bedroom in Meri's part of the house! I guess she'll have to rent some office space in downtown Flagstaff to run her LLR business since there won't be enough room in her apartment in the "big house". But 19 bedrooms total -- 1 for each parent (5), 1 for each of Janelle's kids still at home (2), 1 for each of Christine's kids still at home (4) and 1 for each of Robyn's kids (5)--then I think Kody also wanted an extra guest suite for Janelle's mom (1), and 2 extra guest suites for Robyn's parents to visit and for Dayton (2)= 19 bedrooms.

I was confused at first too because i thought there is noooo way Meri will agree to having a 1 bedroom.  but Meri's has more than one bedroom.  We didn't really see the 2nd floors so her additional bedrooms (maybe only 1) were not shown on the main floor plan. 

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, MV713 said:

I must have somehow missed the Robyn comment about how her parents told her about Kody's plan for one home.

When was that?

It was during the scene when Kody and the two other men were sitting at the table looking at the drawing for his big home. They cut to all four wives sitting on the couch, and Robyn states, " So my parents were in town, and they started talking about how Kody said he is going to have one house for all of us."

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

It was during the scene when Kody and the two other men were sitting at the table looking at the drawing for his big home. They cut to all four wives sitting on the couch, and Robyn states, " So my parents were in town, and they started talking about how Kody said he is going to have one house for all of us."

Well, he did say that more than once before he had the plans drawn maybe that’s what Robyn meant? That might e the same tip-off that made Christine day NEVER ALL CAPS PERIOD GOING ALL CAPS PERIOD etc. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I posted a response in Small Talk. 

2 hours ago, Higgins said:

But would acute renal failure result in such a developmental delay? If she had CKD I could understand. 

Depends on how long her electrolytes were out of whack.  She needed dialysis so they must have been pretty off.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

On yet another note, Meri’s sadness about being disinvited from helping Mariah made me sad for her. I wonder if, besides wanting to help, she was looking forward to not being in the midst of Kody’s circus and could move her own self to Flagstaff in relative calm and peace 

Mariah is not going to save Meri from any of this.  That she's moving to Chicago with Meri in AZ puts more distance between them.  I don't think Mariah is a prize by any means, but Meri's denial to address the impact of the catfishing openly an honestly with her daughter, along with what, to me, appears to be a tepid acceptance of Mariah's lifestyle, leads to the direct result of Mariah not wanting Meri involved.  Mariah is a lost cause for Meri and barely tolerates her mother.  This will be the final separation.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

What’s the dill on the wives needing privacy when they exit the house?  (Kody’s brother asked if there was only one way to get to the garage).  Am I missing something?

They must have had an issue with one of them SURELY christine sounding off like CAR ALARM on her nights with the the loser in cheif. You KNOW it was her.

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, b2H said:

but Meri's denial to address the impact of the catfishing openly an honestly with her daughter, along with what, to me, appears to be a tepid acceptance of Mariah's lifestyle

We don't know what was said about the whole catfishing scandal privately off camera--we've only seen what's been shown on the tv show. I think a lot of people are mad because we didn't get to see the whole ugly mess explode on tv for all the world to see and revel in the fireworks and are now feeling that every slight, every shifting of the eyes, every turning back on Meri is all about the impact of the catfishing scandal. Maybe it is, maybe it's not. As for Mariah being gay, Meri did say she was having difficulty dealing with her feelings on this--Mormons are conservative and homosexuality is greatly frowned upon in their religion--so it took her a little time to fully accept that her daughter is a lesbian, but she has since embraced her daughter's lifestyle and her daughter's partner. 

• Love 9
(edited)

HATE TO BE THIS GUY BUUTTT.. If Mer had had more kids then the fambly would be totally diffrent.  And least 2 more she wouldn't be in the award pickle shes in with kody. 

EDIT: I love the "brown fambly" lingo. You guys are my people.

Edited by LAMMA
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, kimaken said:

We don't know what was said about the whole catfishing scandal privately off camera--we've only seen what's been shown on the tv show. I think a lot of people are mad because we didn't get to see the whole ugly mess explode on tv for all the world to see and revel in the fireworks and are now feeling that every slight, every shifting of the eyes, every turning back on Meri is all about the impact of the catfishing scandal. Maybe it is, maybe it's not. As for Mariah being gay, Meri did say she was having difficulty dealing with her feelings on this--Mormons are conservative and homosexuality is greatly frowned upon in their religion--so it took her a little time to fully accept that her daughter is a lesbian, but she has since embraced her daughter's lifestyle and her daughter's partner. 

The church has softened its stance to not automatically ex-communicating/dis-fellowshipping but insists that if you're gay you must be celibate. That is the only acceptable option.

Love, and even companionship, can be hard to find in this great big world - why narrow a person's options even further? SMH. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Kody's main objective in every interview/talking head is to emphasize HOW STRESSED he is and how much HE has to do.  His eyes bug out, he becomes manic and hyper, and his annoying factor goes up tenfold.

His brother looks like Kody but with a reasonable hairstyle and a normal temperament.  His wall-eyed brother in law looks 10 months pregnant.

Christine's breathy, come-hither voice is so affected and fake. I used to like her.  Now I officially really don't like any of them.

• Love 19