Type keyword(s) to search

30 Minute Meals - General Discussion

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I took the plating of the Buffalo chicken salad as a personal attack!! Seriously it was over the top stupid even for her and that’s a high bar! 

So for a party you take a big scoop of the whole thing and plop a hot mess of lettuce topping chicken sauce cheese and chips all mixed together on you plate?

• Love 1
On 4/17/2019 at 3:12 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Her husband looks like a homeless schlub.

I’ve always thought there was something skeevy about her husband. I had her show on my dvr, but took it off after a week because nothing interested me. I’m at the point where I’d much rather watch the Pioneer Woman. I might not make anything she cooks on her show, but every once in a while something interests me or I pick up a tip. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, novhappy said:

For me it is her weird gestures punctuating every word .... for sentences after sentence that make her appear crazy, rushed and difficult to watch. 

For me, it's her disheveled appearance, her clumsy moves (that she thinks are "cute"), her contrived "hysteria" and the CALORIE LADEN choices she uses to produce her meals.  

The tomato soup and reuben salad in this episode I just watched must have had at LEAST 2,000 calories per serving (maybe more) with the greasy meats, cheeses and sour cream dressing leading the assault. 

• Love 3

I was excited to hear this show was coming back since I did like the original version. Now I’m struggling to make it through the 30 episodes. The food looks gross, she barks at her husband and staff, repeats the same things ad nauseum.  I cannot listen to her “I chop onions differently” bit one more time.  Or that her mother doesn’t like an herb. She is infinitely more annoying than I remember.  How many rotisserie chickens has she used?  “LBS”  “sexy beast” “ridge”  Being excited over setting off the smoke alarm.  “Tee hee I’m so short, isn’t that funny?”  

I am annoyed by oh so many things  

I’m going to do my best to finish this run of episodes because I’m not a quitter, but I will be glad when I don’t have this homework sitting on my DVR anymore. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Violet Penner said:

I am annoyed by oh so many things  

I’m going to do my best to finish this run of episodes because I’m not a quitter, but I will be glad when I don’t have this homework sitting on my DVR anymore. 

(Heavy sigh)......I feel your pain, sister, me too!

• Love 5

She’s making me cringe with the “sexy beast sexy beast” stuff as she sprinkles Parmesan cheese on the butter-and-oil-drenched garlic bread. Ugh.

In the following episode her menu is deep-dish pizza and steak fries. Yeah, that’s a thing a 50-year-old ought to be eating for a meal. 

30-Minute Calorie Bombs would be a better title. 

• Love 7

Who still thinks this woman has any creditability? I haven't seen her talk show in years, so I don't know if she acts and/or cooks differently there. 

This reboot was a massive misstep. She won't notice; she got paid and her clinger-on husband (I've always called him Mr. RayRay) gets to slither on set to make exotic cocktails. They seem to think that they're too cool for school, when in fact everything about their personas is WRONG (said just like Rach).

• Love 6

I actually felt bad for her husband in the episode I just watched. They were making an Indian inspired dish. Lots of steak and peppers over rice. Sorry I dont recall what she called it. She barked at him so much and just plain talked to him like he was an idiot.I wanted him to just say Stfu Rachel!  She was manic.  

This reboot is doing her no favors.  I don't watch her talk show but I have seen it. The few times it's been on (usually dr appointments) she has seemed tired and meh about everything.  That was a huge difference from early giddy goofy Rachel.  On the new 30 minute meal show she seems run down but then she goes crazy about stupid stuff. 

Nothing,  she has mad has me interested nothing.  The food is so ott. She  put doritos in the oven then topped a salad with them. I've had taco salad but.... I just have no words.

Her dog is cute.

• Love 1

As I explained to my boyfriend today when watching, I get enjoyment out of being annoyed by her!

3 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

They were making an Indian inspired dish. Lots of steak and peppers over rice

That episode was so annoying she was so manic and it was actually a decent recipe!

• Love 4

Ok so I woke up put on an episode of 30min meal lol, why not.  She was making meatballs and garlic bread. 

I am now  craving meatballs and garlic bread at 7:19 am lol.

The sauce and meatballs looked simple and delicious.  Even the bread yes, over the top, butter and oil but it looked nice and crispy.

She did a weird creepy laugh a few times but not as manic this episode.  Her husband shouldn't been on a show with her. He seems to annoy her which annoys me. 

My point is, this episode wasnt that bad, best review I can give Rach, not that bad.

• Love 2

Also I know it has been said a million times but those stupid oval pot and pans of hers — how does that shape even make sense? I have round burners so if I put long oval pans on there wouldn’t part of the pan always be not on the heat? 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Kathcart said:

Also I know it has been said a million times but those stupid oval pot and pans of hers — how does that shape even make sense? I have round burners so if I put long oval pans on there wouldn’t part of the pan always be not on the heat? 

I'm not sure but I think I heard her say the oval shape was intended to stretch over 2 burners.

On 4/24/2019 at 12:50 PM, biakbiak said:

I am not opposed to salads with meat, I love a version of Nancy Silverton’s chopped salad that is basically an Italian sub in salad form that I make but this is the second time she has made a “salad” the quotes are hers where the meat, cheese and lettuce were left in huge pieces and not bite sized and she didn’t mix it so it would be difficult to eat. Perhaps she was too busy screaming about making microwave popcorn to notice.

I just saw this episode today. Yikes. She seemed angry at the audience the whole time and screamed condescendingly throughout. Yes, Rachael, I do know you can make popcorn in a paper bag in the microwave. It's not cold fusion and I didn't run over your puppy. Take a freaking seat and  cut your salad so that you can actually eat the damn thing. Plus, who needs three different piles of meat on a salad? I have also made an antipasti-inspired salad with a couple of cured meats. What she made was not a salad, it was a pile of meat and cheese drenched in dressing with a lettuce garnish.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Free at last! I realize it was a jail of my own making. 

The “shawarma” burgers actually looked good bringing the total to 3 maybe 4 dishes I might make from this month of shows!  

• Love 3
17 hours ago, jcbrown said:

I just saw this episode today. Yikes. She seemed angry at the audience the whole time and screamed condescendingly throughout. Yes, Rachael, I do know you can make popcorn in a paper bag in the microwave. It's not cold fusion and I didn't run over your puppy. Take a freaking seat and  cut your salad so that you can actually eat the damn thing. Plus, who needs three different piles of meat on a salad? I have also made an antipasti-inspired salad with a couple of cured meats. What she made was not a salad, it was a pile of meat and cheese drenched in dressing with a lettuce garnish.

My God that meat salad, it was so over the top. I'm not some "oh I can barely eat all that" , kind of gal but who the hell could eat all that meat and soup. 

Rachel always seems angry anymore,  at least to me. Even she's trying to be "funny" it comes off as angry.

• Love 4

I just saw the episode with the buffalo chicken "statement salad." Is that like a "statement necklace?" Also, how are you supposed to serve that type of salad off a serving board? At least with a bowl, you can scoop the food out onto your eating plate.

That was basically an assembly demonstration, not cooking an actual meal. The only thing made from scratch was the bleu cheese ranch dressing. Also, when Rachael brought out the smoked bleu cheese, she said she'd "get to that in a second." That was the only ingredient that I was remotely interested in as I'd never heard of it. That was the one time I wanted to hear some back story, but instead, nothing, and more yammering about the genius of heating up a bag or Doritos in the oven. 

The entire time, I kept yelling at the TV, "Comb your hair!"  RR's hair desperately needs a good cutting and shaping. As I've said before, she's not an unattractive woman and she has great hair for her age. It doesn't look like she has to color much it because otherwise, in addition go the stringy lank layers, we'd be treated to graying roots. I get being "cas," but if you're on a national TV show, at least make some effort to look polished and professional. 

• Love 3

JMO, but I think the Food Network needed some more cooking shows and they offered her a new spot and $$$ and she figured WTH, if I'm getting paid I'll do it, but she's totally dialing it in.  She's not into it at all.   She doesn't look put together at all, with all those baggy shirts and sweaters, she's not doing herself any favors.  She probably has a nice figure.  I'm a plus size woman, the same age as Rachel and I can tell you I know how to dress for my size and I always looks put together.   Her hair is always in her face and why does she have to slam, bang or toss everything on the counter.  The sound guy must go crazy. 

I saw the salad episode today and wondered why couldn't she have moved the cutting board closer so she didn't have reeeeach all the way over so her bewbs were practically laying on the counter.  

This new cooking show is a hot mess and I would be surprised if it comes back.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

As I understand it, the show was 30 messipes in 30 days. Hence, the run of new shows is over. I have no clue if FN has her lined up for anything else in the future.

Everything about the show led me to believe she couldn't wait for the run of the show to end.  On the appearance front I got the sense that simply sitting for the required "hair and makeup and wardrobe" was extremely annoying to her.  The histrionics with producing the messipes were simply her way to trying to force the issue of how engaging and clever she is.  However, my guess is that the shows did not pique the interest of enough people to warrant FN investing any more $$$ into her now or in the future.  Of course, I guess stranger things have happened.

• Love 2
On 4/28/2019 at 5:47 PM, pdlinda said:

I'm not sure but I think I heard her say the oval shape was intended to stretch over 2 burners.

She says she created the oval pasta pot to accommodate long pasta without difficulty.  I actually find it works amazingly well and it's my favorite pot to cook any kind of pasta.  Being shallow it's easier to manage fishing out rigatoni with a strainer than handling a tall pot.  That said, I would have no use for her other oval pans with the long handles.  I don't see the reason for that and they won't fit over two regular stove sized burners either.

3 hours ago, pdlinda said:

Everything about the show led me to believe she couldn't wait for the run of the show to end.  On the appearance front I got the sense that simply sitting for the required "hair and makeup and wardrobe" was extremely annoying to her.  The histrionics with producing the messipes were simply her way to trying to force the issue of how engaging and clever she is.  However, my guess is that the shows did not pique the interest of enough people to warrant FN investing any more $$$ into her now or in the future.  Of course, I guess stranger things have happened.

I still think FN begged her to to this and she squeezed it in between her other 5 jobs, which is why she looks so exhausted.  When she did "Worst Cooks in America" she did it when her talk show was well into her summer hiatus, but they didn't do that this time, which I think was a huge mistake.  I've noticed that for the past month or so her talk show has only aired new episodes about 3 times a week, so she obviously cut back on her filming schedule for that this season to accommodate the filming of this show, which probably occurred right after her talk show season filming ended (she films two episodes of that per day for about 4 days a week), which is why she seems so exhausted here.  What a gigantic fail!  I think she forgets that she's not 35 anymore and can't keep up that kind of schedule, especially when she's probably perimenopausal.  

• Love 2
(edited)

What are the 5 jobs that Rachael has that are exhausting her so much that she can’t sit for hair and make up ?

If she’s exhausted it might be from smoking, boozing and eating like crap ! 

She started getting on my nerves long ago when she caught on and the real Rachael started coming through on her 30mm year’s ago.  She became more hyper , her recipes became more disgusting and she was loud and annoying , but I could still watch her .

Now she acts like she’s fed up bartender ! She throws food so it almost falls off the counter . She basically acts like she couldn’t care less.

She is so freaking repetitive! Every show we have to hear about her dumb onion hack! At one point when she was  making some messipie she said something about not doing something like a chef, and said “I’m not a chef” and gave us the raspberries right over her cooking area!

She also had her ugly Baggy arms of her sweaters, bracelets and rings in the food . Her hair is gross and she touches it while cooking ! She also rub her face and barely cleans her hands ! At one point she mixed shrimp with her hands and didn’t wash them ! And it’s  not cute that she uses some wine bottle to roll out dough !

Does she and FN think her disgusting behavior and habits are “reality” and cute or funny?

Oh and calling seeds from peppers “guts” is weird ! 

Rachael now acts like a bratty child or a drunk who just wants to tell everyone to stuff it ! She acts like she is doesn’t even try because she doesn’t need the job.

This mess reminds me of how gross and obnoxious Paula was after she became popular ! She was a gross pervert on Paula’s party and at the live food events she “accidentally “ had her pants fall down on stage !

Hopefully this mess will just be the thirty awful recipes and let RR go away again! 

Edited by goldenpuppy
  • Love 3

As far as jobs go, let's see. She's got the talk show, but according to a previous post, half the week is repeats. She has the magazine. I guess she writes a messipe for it. I doubt she's much involved, otherwise. Then every month or two, she schleps down to Philly to shill her cheapass cookware line on QVC. She does this on Fridays. So, I count one fullish -time job and two very part-time ones. Can anyone think of anything else she does these days? She appears to have plenty of time to get to a salon and do something with her hair and to a gym to work off all that fatty food she cooks.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

As far as jobs go, let's see. She's got the talk show, but according to a previous post, half the week is repeats. She has the magazine. I guess she writes a messipe for it. I doubt she's much involved, otherwise. Then every month or two, she schleps down to Philly to shill her cheapass cookware line on QVC. She does this on Fridays. So, I count one fullish -time job and two very part-time ones. Can anyone think of anything else she does these days? She appears to have plenty of time to get to a salon and do something with her hair and to a gym to work off all that fatty food she cooks.

I think she has her hand in a bunch of ventures.  She does Food and Wine festivals.  She is now peddling furniture (which she claims to design), dog food, cookware, a fashion website, heads up a non-profit organization (Yum-O), and is writing her latest cookbook in addition to the talk show and the QVC.  She also claims to write the 30 minute meals section of her magazine every month.

But I'm with you, I don't think she's that intimately involved with most of these things on a regular basis.  She used to be much busier when she had the talk show plus 30 Minute Meals and/or whatever other show she was doing at that time.

• Love 1

The Food and Wine Festivals are what, 3 or 4 a year? She used to have a dedicated meet and greet when she was a bigger presence on FN, but I imagine her involvement now is one cooking demo, then out. 

As for furniture? She's big into mid-century modern, if memory serves. She can have plastic knock-offs made quite cheaply. Ick. Forgot about the dog food. That's the only RR item my local grocery store stocks (never seen her stock-in-a-box in person). 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

As for furniture? She's big into mid-century modern, if memory serves. She can have plastic knock-offs made quite cheaply. Ick. Forgot about the dog food. That's the only RR item my local grocery store stocks (never seen her stock-in-a-box in person). 

Her furniture line is not cheap.  It's even sold on Wayfair (where it gets really good ratings) and Macy's.  I saw it at a local furniture store.  I see her stock in a box everywhere with the same 10 year old photo of her on it.  She certainly knows how to make money.

• Love 2

hehe  I like Giada and really enjoy her but I know this forum generally doesn't. So I always thought people would like someone very different to Giada and I watched 30 Min Meals thinking this was what you all loved and then thinking "WTF why do they like this woman??? She's really terrible and only uses BBQ chook."

This thread now explains everything! I am glad I am not the only one who thinks she's awful, loud and repetitive. Plus most of her food is really gross!

I kept hearing about onions, chillis, BBQ chook, how to reheat naan bread at one point I thought I was going crazy.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
56 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

how to reheat naan bread at one point I thought I was going crazy.

Seriously! She had at least three maybe more episodes giving the exact same advice about reheating naan  and every single time she kept saying how she really loved garlic naan while reheating the plain ones. I am not expecting her to have people make their own naan even though it’s simple but takes a little bit longer than 30 minutes though easily done in under an hour she could have at least just made a garlic and cilantro topping on some of the plain and still be done on time!

Edited by biakbiak
  • LOL 1

OMG I was listening to the curry chilli chicken episode while walking my dog this morning and got: jalapeno lines, verdant and naaan!!!!!!

I know they all have their quirks but seriously she is the most repetitive person I have seen. I watch/listen to Giada, Ree, Alton, Anne and she is without the doubt the most repetitive.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 5/1/2019 at 7:41 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Doesn't she have some pet food line and other product lines (like I see that boxed broth with her name on it that she grabs from the pantry) and I think she has a "foundation" but I don't recall what it's for at the moment.  

Her line for QVC is also featured on Amazon and she did come up with certain unique items (like that kitchen towel with the pockets) and the utensil that she places on the rim of a pot she's cooking in for the messipes she features.  HOWEVER, I'm not sure if she originated these items or someone else did and she grabbed the credit.

I miss complaining about her though not enough to watch her other show! One thing that I have always hated is her “garbage bowl” but with the increased a availability of composting it annoys me even more that she mixes all the garbage from scraps to cans and plastics and other garbage in one bowl which means you have to them sort through it later if you want to properly dispose of it!  

• Love 4
(edited)
15 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I miss complaining about her though not enough to watch her other show! One thing that I have always hated is her “garbage bowl” but with the increased a availability of composting it annoys me even more that she mixes all the garbage from scraps to cans and plastics and other garbage in one bowl which means you have to them sort through it later if you want to properly dispose of it!  

This! I agree with you and @Sew Sumi. So stupid to set yourself up to have to sort your garbage after your self-imposed 30-minute time limit runs out. Just put the trash in the trash and the compost in the compost and the recycling in the recycling the first time and shut up about it.

Edited by jcbrown
words
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'll bet that whenever RR has been on "Worst Cooks ... " with Chef Anne that she's kept her trap shut about "stupid chef onion chopping." I'd pay good money to see that exchange. "Clean up on aisle four!" 

I hate onions and I'd especially hate eating RR's food because her lazy onion chopping technique always results in huge honking chunks of onion in her dishes. Makes me want to throw up a little in my mouth.

Edited by CharlizeCat
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, biakbiak said:

The most disgusting thing about the "garbage bowl" is that she mixes liquids in with the solid garbage (including oil).  There are also cans with jagged lids in there.  I picture emptying the bowl and hoping the person doing so is wearing extra-heavy protective gloves!!  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I loved her helpful tip during an episode where she made a faux chicken pot pie -- she was chopping an onion (btw, did you know she does it differently from other people? she does! it's amazing. It's a thing that makes you go 'hmmm.") -- and she went through a long story about how no onion-chopping tricks work AT ALL if you cry when you chop onions. So her tip is GET OVER IT. SUCK IT UP AND CHOP THE ONIONS. 

Today I watched the one with the Korean-inspired sloppy joe and I was pretty grossed out by her hair hanging down in her face the whole time.

She seems to think she's awfully cute and I guess she has ten tons of cash in the bank to show that she's not the only one who likes her but I am pretty much interested only in hate-watching and making fun of her.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Kathcart said:

I loved her helpful tip during an episode where she made a faux chicken pot pie -- she was chopping an onion (btw, did you know she does it differently from other people? she does! it's amazing. It's a thing that makes you go 'hmmm.") -- and she went through a long story about how no onion-chopping tricks work AT ALL if you cry when you chop onions. So her tip is GET OVER IT. SUCK IT UP AND CHOP THE ONIONS. 

Today I watched the one with the Korean-inspired sloppy joe and I was pretty grossed out by her hair hanging down in her face the whole time.

She seems to think she's awfully cute and I guess she has ten tons of cash in the bank to show that she's not the only one who likes her but I am pretty much interested only in hate-watching and making fun of her.

Her (and her husband's) slovenly appearance may play into the many references I've read over the years of how cheap she is (tipping service people as an example) despite probably being a multi-millionaire many, many times over!!  

1 hour ago, pdlinda said:

Her (and her husband's) slovenly appearance may play into the many references I've read over the years of how cheap she is (tipping service people as an example) despite probably being a multi-millionaire many, many times over!!  

The poor tipping reputation got started when she was doing $40 a Day and had to find a way to eat 3 meals and have enough left over to add a tip to the bill.  I guess she often found it too hard to keep to the budget and still give a decent tip.  I remember when she got wind of her reputation she bent over backwards to change her ways and defended herself by saying that she really gave a good tip behind the scenes and that it was just to keep within the budget of the show that the tips were small.  So it really wasn't $40 a day after all.  One has to wonder how she didn't realize how bad that would look, though.  

I don't know that I've heard of other examples of her being cheap, but I have heard of her charitable work.  She donates all of the profits from her dog food company to animal shelters and has participated in several charities to help kids in need of food through her "Yum-o" foundation.

As far as her appearance goes, she never looked or dressed so bad when she was younger.  It's been a gradual decline with her.  I just caught a talk show of hers this past week and couldn't believe what an awful outfit she was wearing.  A gaudy striped top with a floral skirt and hideous oversized black and white "athletic shoes".  I could pick out an outfit from my closet blindfolded and not look anywhere near as bad as that!

• Love 6

I could not believe the hair hanging in the face this episode! She looks like a slob. Get a good cut and for the love of god keep it out of your face! She used to at least have healthy, shiny hair. What the heck has happened to her?  It bugs me that she looks like she has no neck. It's as if her head is sitting directly on her shoulders, then you have her long hair swirling around her, it's not a good look. 

I will say her pizza in the cast iron skillet and salad looked good. I'm surprised she didn't slice the pizza, though. I wanted to see it sliced but she just threw the pan on the counter. We didn't need to hear about how Jon loves sausage but when she is peeling it out of the casing it grosses him out. Totally unnecessary comment. Nobody cares about Jon and his likes and dislikes. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

As I was making dinner last night I remembered another thing Rachael does that gets on my last nerve. She scrapes ingredients from her cutting board into a pan using the blade of her knife. Not using the back of her knife, like a normal person who wants to take care of her knives, with the blade. I think that's a bad behavior to model on a "cooking" show.

• Love 2

The pizza in the cast iron episode was unreal.  The hair in her face, the illusion of no neck, she looked like a slob!!  I didn't think she could look any dirtier or sloppier, but she sure knocked it out of the ball park. 

I can't even concentrate on what she's doing because I'm watching her tongue constantly flick out of her mouth like some kind of reptile, her stringy hair hanging in her face and the awful way she speaks and throws things around.  What the heck happened to her??

• Love 1
3 hours ago, finnzup said:

The pizza in the cast iron episode was unreal.  The hair in her face, the illusion of no neck, she looked like a slob!!  I didn't think she could look any dirtier or sloppier, but she sure knocked it out of the ball park. 

I can't even concentrate on what she's doing because I'm watching her tongue constantly flick out of her mouth like some kind of reptile, her stringy hair hanging in her face and the awful way she speaks and throws things around.  What the heck happened to her??

I still say (said it before) that she was never eager to do the show, that they "pressured" her to do it because someone thought it would attract a "new generation" of viewers and probably offered her a lot of $$$.  It's almost like she's "passive aggressive" in how she's showing up but not caring about how she looks or how she cooks.  She's just "sleepwalking" through each episode.

What they SHOULD have probably done was to re-run the ORIGINAL shows when her ideas were fresh and lively and useful and she looked pulled together and neat.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, pdlinda said:

I still say (said it before) that she was never eager to do the show, that they "pressured" her to do it because someone thought it would attract a "new generation" of viewers and probably offered her a lot of $$$.  It's almost like she's "passive aggressive" in how she's showing up but not caring about how she looks or how she cooks.  She's just "sleepwalking" through each episode.

What they SHOULD have probably done was to re-run the ORIGINAL shows when her ideas were fresh and lively and useful and she looked pulled together and neat.

I agree, they should have re-run the original shows.  I also said somewhere upthread that I thought she was pressured into doing this.  I just think FN is trying to resurrect older defunct shows because none of their new concepts have panned out.  Like "Restaurant Impossible".  And for a brief time, "Iron Chef".  We are also waiting for a reboot of "Good Eats" sometime this year.

I think the biggest mistake was to film this series in an obviously short amount of time.  Perhaps Rachael herself wanted to do it that way because of other commitments, or just because she didn't want it to conflict with her vacation after her talk show was done filming.  I have a feeling she filmed this toward the tail end of her talk show season and probably filmed a lot of 30 MM shows back to back to get it over with before her summer hiatus.

Note that her talk show is still airing new episodes but she has said in the past that she does 2 episodes per filming day totaling about 6-8 episodes per week, so by April she's got enough in the can to be done filming.  The talk show usually goes into repeats by the end of May through September.

Speaking of her looking disheveled and sleepwalking, she seemed that way to me the last time she did "Worst Cooks in America" last year.  But I think that's just more common with her nowadays.  She has always said she doesn't get enough sleep, and now that she's 50 I'm sure that's catching up with her.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I agree, they should have re-run the original shows.  I also said somewhere upthread that I thought she was pressured into doing this.  I just think FN is trying to resurrect older defunct shows because none of their new concepts have panned out.  Like "Restaurant Impossible".  And for a brief time, "Iron Chef".  We are also waiting for a reboot of "Good Eats" sometime this year.

I think the biggest mistake was to film this series in an obviously short amount of time.  Perhaps Rachael herself wanted to do it that way because of other commitments, or just because she didn't want it to conflict with her vacation after her talk show was done filming.  I have a feeling she filmed this toward the tail end of her talk show season and probably filmed a lot of 30 MM shows back to back to get it over with before her summer hiatus.

Note that her talk show is still airing new episodes but she has said in the past that she does 2 episodes per filming day totaling about 6-8 episodes per week, so by April she's got enough in the can to be done filming.  The talk show usually goes into repeats by the end of May through September.

Speaking of her looking disheveled and sleepwalking, she seemed that way to me the last time she did "Worst Cooks in America" last year.  But I think that's just more common with her nowadays.  She has always said she doesn't get enough sleep, and now that she's 50 I'm sure that's catching up with her.

I thought the reboot of Good Eats was already on?  Anyway, I don’t see why they can’t create a block of classic Food Network shows in the afternoon.  It’s not like they mentioned current events.  

And don’t you wonder how her talk show managed to win a Daytime Emmy?  I find it hard to watch.  

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I thought the reboot of Good Eats was already on?

There are two different reboots. One that has aired that takes old episodes and adds new update information called Good Eats: Reloaded and than a series that will be all new episodes called Good Eats: Return of the Eats that comes out this year.