Type keyword(s) to search

30 Minute Meals - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I had no idea it was coming back. There's a bunch of 30 MM eps on Youtube from the early years. I always enjoyed Rachael and the show but looking back, I can see how she would annoy people. She could be a lot to take.

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

Why? She's got a syndicated network show that's on Monday-Friday. So more 30 minute meals that take an experienced home cook like me with good skills 60-90 minutes to make.

Food Network probably offered good money as most of their new shows have bombed and she’s been off their airwaves for a while so she’s fresher than another show from Bobby or Gidia.

• Love 6

What's with all the shrieking?  And the opening credits haven't even happened yet.  Reminds me why I can't watch her daytime talk show.  

I like her older 30 minute meal shows.  She's calmer, easier to deal with.  

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I missed it because it didn’t occur to me that it would be on during the day, I don’t care enough to watch it online but I set a season pass.

Every weekday for a think a month? Something like that.

15 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

What's with all the shrieking?  And the opening credits haven't even happened yet.  Reminds me why I can't watch her daytime talk show.  

Someone definitely their ADHD meds before taping.  Just wow!  

The screeching, screaming, and yelling throughout the entire show.  I told DH, that if this was FNS she would have been sent home.  I know it is very exciting to return to your first show, and love her comment that she does 5 jobs a day, but wow.  That was just too much for us.  We are going to try again today, before we make a final pass.

15 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I like her older 30 minute meal shows.  She's calmer, easier to deal with.  

I do too.  I loved her early shows before she really caught on.  Those were the simple days of FN.  Cooking real food, in a timely manner, that we would actually eat.  Minus the hype of selling your brand at Kohls or QVC.  

Unto the food:

Of course she will open with a burger, and of course I am making her chicken patty pizza or whatever she called it.  The salad not so much.   

• Love 2

I don’t know f she was more toned down on the Tuesday show or if I am just used to her though I don’t know why I would be because I don’t watch her talk show but I didn’t find her too over the top.

I was planning on fajitas tonight so I think I will make the spicy crema.

(edited)
3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I don’t know f she was more toned down on the Tuesday show or if I am just used to her though I don’t know why I would be because I don’t watch her talk show but I didn’t find her too over the top.

I was planning on fajitas tonight so I think I will make the spicy crema.

Only though the first segment but definitely calmer.

11 hours ago, Bessiesue said:

Someone definitely their ADHD meds before taping.  Just wow!  

The screeching, screaming, and yelling throughout the entire show.  I told DH, that if this was FNS she would have been sent home.  I know it is very exciting to return to your first show, and love her comment that she does 5 jobs a day, but wow.  That was just too much for us.  We are going to try again today, before we make a final pass.

I do too.  I loved her early shows before she really caught on.  Those were the simple days of FN.  Cooking real food, in a timely manner, that we would actually eat.  Minus the hype of selling your brand at Kohls or QVC.  

Unto the food:

Of course she will open with a burger, and of course I am making her chicken patty pizza or whatever she called it.  The salad not so much.   

See above

Edited by Skyfall
22 hours ago, Bessiesue said:

I loved her early shows before she really caught on.  Those were the simple days of FN.  Cooking real food, in a timely manner, that we would actually eat

There is a very similar arc for the people who become popular at the FN. Start off super likable, get decent ratings, FN puts them on 6 different things 10 times a day, person runs out of ideas and simultaneously becomes a charicature of themselves, and then either reigns it back in or burns out. 

Hopefully RR here will settle the heck down and just cook once the excitement of doing this show again wears off.

• Love 2

Poor Rachael, she's probably going through menopause.  I think I can sense that given the way she is now versus years ago.  *Sigh*, it happens to the best of us.  Plus she reminds me of me at her age in some ways.  I share a strange bond with Rachael for a lot of very freaky reasons that are too long to list here, but I am a very similar ethnic mix and look like I could be her older sister.  Only I am decidedly an introvert and she is an extreme extrovert and her fashion sense is dreck.

I'm wondering where they filmed this.  It looks like a real apartment but I'm thinking it can't be hers.

I wish they would replay some of her older episodes too.  They aired 3 really old ones around the holidays that I recorded.  It was like watching a completely different person.  She really became a caricature of herself in later years.  Plus like many of us she's gained some weight.

So now FN is recycling retro shows and what's old is new again.  Don't look now, but "Restaurant Impossible" is coming back too.  Ugh!

• Love 4

I had no idea this was coming back. I always liked Rachael's recipes; they always looked homey/comforting, using ingredients most people already have. Now with Amazon/the Internet, certain ingredients are more attainable, and grocery stores in my area have more extensive international food aisles than they used to.

These Korean sloppy joes she's making look good. I have been craving Asian food...

• Love 3
5 hours ago, ShortyMac said:

I had no idea this was coming back. I always liked Rachael's recipes; they always looked homey/comforting, using ingredients most people already have. Now with Amazon/the Internet, certain ingredients are more attainable, and grocery stores in my area have more extensive international food aisles than they used to.

These Korean sloppy joes she's making look good. I have been craving Asian food...

Right? Never been a sloppy joe fan but that looked amazing.

10 hours ago, ShortyMac said:

First of all, there is NO WAY a "normal" home cook could assemble the MULTITUDE of ingredients she used in that Korean Sloppy Joe recipe, cook and serve it in 30 minutes!!  Of course, she has her whole crew to assemble the ingredients in handy spots around the kitchen, others buy all of it and prep it too.  Also, the COST of all the ingredients she needed seemed excessive !!!  

Rachael was very fresh and innovative with the concept many moons ago and she had a certain attractive quality about her relating to her audience.  Now she appears quite worn out in a certain sense, attempting to present herself with as much "spring in her step" as she could, but, in the end, failing.  I DVR'd the series and maybe things will pick up in the "appeal" department; however, her success may have left the indelible mark of boredom on the entire show.  We'll see....

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

First of all, there is NO WAY a "normal" home cook could assemble the MULTITUDE of ingredients she used in that Korean Sloppy Joe recipe, cook and serve it in 30 minutes!!  Of course, she has her whole crew to assemble the ingredients in handy spots around the kitchen, others buy all of it and prep it too.  Also, the COST of all the ingredients she needed seemed excessive !!!  

I'm pretty sure I could knock that out in 30 minutes with no problem and no one assembling anything for me in advance, but I'm a beast in the kitchen and have all my tools and ingredients close by.  Of course that wouldn't include clean up, but I'd have Mr. Yeah No handle that.  I actually have all the ingredients for this recipe right now except for the meat and the pears.  I cook a lot and I buy a lot of stuff at Aldi so I save a lot too.  I actually think this recipe is pretty cheap to make as they go.  It seems more expensive if you don't have certain specialty ingredients already in your pantry, but I like to make Asian food so I always have rice vinegar, sesame oil, chili paste and ginger around.  I'm always making a quick pickle with rice vinegar - It literally takes 5 minutes, which you could do while the meat is browning.  I'll take short cuts and cut corners sometimes, though.  Like instead of using fresh ginger I might use powdered ginger, and for anything Asian I like to use squeeze garlic.  And I'm lucky in that I have an Asian market with really low prices not that far away from me.  That same brand of chili paste costs much more at gourmet markets.  I was LOL watching this because I actually have that "Mother in Law's" brand of chili paste plus I have that exact frying pan from Rachael's line, in that very same color.  Now that I think about it, I think I'll add the missing ingredients to my list to make this for dinner next week.  "The Fresh Market" near me has a $2.99 a lb. special on ground chuck every Tuesday!

55 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

Rachael was very fresh and innovative with the concept many moons ago and she had a certain attractive quality about her relating to her audience.  Now she appears quite worn out in a certain sense, attempting to present herself with as much "spring in her step" as she could, but, in the end, failing.  I DVR'd the series and maybe things will pick up in the "appeal" department; however, her success may have left the indelible mark of boredom on the entire show.  We'll see....

She seemed tired in this episode.  She usually pushes herself too hard what with filming a daily talk show on top of this and who knows what else.  I know right around the time I turned 50 my energy level dropped a lot because of perimenopause and it didn't get any better afterward either.  She has churned out more recipes than most famous cooks ever on the planet so I wouldn't blame her for being somewhat over it by now, but I still find her recipes interesting and approachable, like this one.  I actually find her more appealing now than she was for a long time.  I know people that used to call her a braying howler monkey because she was so loud and over the top on her talk show.  She seems to be mellowing out a bit now.

BTW, I found out from watching her talk show that the kitchen used on this series is a set in Brooklyn.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I'm pretty sure I could knock that out in 30 minutes with no problem and no one assembling anything for me in advance, but I'm a beast in the kitchen and have all my tools and ingredients close by.  O

Yeah I could easily make this in that amount of time and have all the ingredients on hand, I am making a Asian pear slaw for dinner tomorrow and will have extra so might make this soon. I live near a bunch of Asian markets so the ingredients are easy to find and cheap and when priced out based on the amount of dishes you can make with them it’s super cheap plus they last awhile if you don’t cook with those ingredients as often as some people.

I hate sloppy joes something about the saturated bread annoys me but I will definitely try the breadless version with rice. 

I am not sure if I learned it from her or not but one thing I do when I chop anything is think about what I am going to need in the next day or two and if I need it and just chop the amount for all the dishes and it cuts down a lot of time. 

I miss my college roommate’s mom because she would send us homemade gochujang and kimchi by the vat!! She kept doing it long after I left college so delicious.

• Love 1

We are five days down, and 25 days to go.  

On 4/4/2019 at 11:26 AM, ShortyMac said:

They did look amazing.

14 hours ago, Yeah No said:

BTW, I found out from watching her talk show that the kitchen used on this series is a set in Brooklyn.

Thank you for posting.  I was curious of it was her house, or a FN set.  I know Melissa and Robin's show gave the appearance of a real home, but both were sets.  

I finally caught Tues, Wed, and Thurs.  Wow!  You all said that she was a lot calmer, and she was.  I did find her somewhat out of breath during the chicken pot pie show.  Curious as to just how many she filmed a day.  The shrimp tacos did look amazing, and I thought about making those with chicken.  Why is it her and Ree Drummond's chicken pot pie favored, but I am making RR's instead.  RR's just looked so much better.  

Still happy that she is back even if it is for 30 days.

(edited)

Rachael can for sure be annoying with her cutesy phrases, but I've made many of her recipes over the years and they're pretty solid. Her Super Sloppy Joes are a favorite here! I credit her with making the idea of cooking dinner every night seem like less of an insurmountable project - it can be no big deal.  And I say this as someone who grew up with home cooked meals every night. The chicken patty parms and Korean Sloppy Joes look super delicious. 

As to whether you can actually make her meals in 30 minutes, that's kind of missing the point, to me. Whether it takes 30 minutes or 45 or whatever, at the end of it you have homemade food cooked to your specifications and it wasn't as hard as you thought it'd be. 

Edited by librarianbeck
  • Love 6

I have never seen anyone take sausage out of its casing like she did. I just slit it from top to bottom and it easily pops right out! No wonder it grosses her husband out she does it wrong.

I make a similar cast iron pizza so nothing new though I heat the pan for longer than 30 minutes so it wouldn’t work for her and I disagree with her about preshredded cheeses but she does it for time and I don’t care since it doesn’t take long to grate.

• Love 2

I'm sorry, but IMO those shrimp tacos were an abomination. Shrimp in a tomato sauce? Just NO! I love shrimp tacos. I've had them at 2 different restaurants this week and make them at home. The shrimp should be cooked with nothing but oil, garlic, salt and pepper. I make them like Ina Garten does, very high heat for just about 4-5 minutes. And I never buy peeled shrimp, so there goes your 30 minutes. I took a cooking class where the chef instructor told us peeled shrimp are treated with chemicals. No thanks - get them with the shell on and peel them yourself for the best flavor.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Bessiesue said:

I finally caught Tues, Wed, and Thurs.  Wow!  You all said that she was a lot calmer, and she was.  I did find her somewhat out of breath during the chicken pot pie show.  Curious as to just how many she filmed a day.  The shrimp tacos did look amazing, and I thought about making those with chicken.  Why is it her and Ree Drummond's chicken pot pie favored, but I am making RR's instead.  RR's just looked so much better.  

Still happy that she is back even if it is for 30 days.

I'm glad this show is back as well.  I credit her with basically teaching me how to cook when I was a young mother just realizing I had these two small people I would be responsible for feeding for the next 18 years (at least).  She taught me that cooking was nothing to be intimidated by.

As to the your question (bolded), on the behind the scenes  episode of her daily talk show on Monday, they said they record 4 episodes a day.

2 hours ago, librarianbeck said:

Rachael can for sure be annoying with her cutesy phrases, but I've made many of her recipes over the years and they're pretty solid. Her Super Sloppy Joes are a favorite here! I credit her with making the idea of cooking dinner every night seem like less of an insurmountable project - it can be no big deal.  And I say this as someone who grew up with home cooked meals every night. The chicken patty parms and Korean Sloppy Joes look super delicious. 

As to whether you can actually make her meals in 30 minutes, that's kind of missing the point, to me. Whether it takes 30 minutes or 45 or whatever, at the end of it you have homemade food cooked to your specifications and it wasn't as hard as you thought it'd be. 

Agreed on both points.  A lot of her recipes have been in regular rotation in my home through the years, like her Florentine meatballs that both my turkey-hating father and spinach-hating son love.

Edited by Nessie
completing my thought which was interrupted by a phone call
  • Love 2

I caught the episode with the chicken patty parm. I don't like chicken but I do like the concept. I wonder how easy it would be to adapt to another meat. I got a chuckle from her switching to her usual EVOO when the high class EVOO wasn't coming out of the bottle quickly enough. One thing really bugged me though. Girl, keep your hair out of your face so you don't always have to keep brushing it back. She was as bad at that as Martha is.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Terrafamilia said:

I caught the episode with the chicken patty parm. I don't like chicken but I do like the concept. I wonder how easy it would be to adapt to another meat. I got a chuckle from her switching to her usual EVOO when the high class EVOO wasn't coming out of the bottle quickly enough. One thing really bugged me though. Girl, keep your hair out of your face so you don't always have to keep brushing it back. She was as bad at that as Martha is.

I watched yesterday’s episode and all I could think about was the hair in the face. 

I hadn’t seen the chicken parm episode when it originally aired. I watched it this afternoon and I definitely noticed the tone was more hyper than the later episodes. 

I wonder how difficult it is for her to cook alone with just her crew after cooking in front of an audience for years. 

Rachel “idge” like fetch is not going to happen so stop it!

I love carmalized onions on a burger but those looked more burnt than carmalized! She should have covered the burgers after she put the cheese on because that cheese was not melting!

I wonder what sauce is usually served with them if it takes three hours? Google just has the onion and patty no mention of sauce. 

Watching this week reminded me of why I kind of get sick of her because so much of what she makes is just twists on burgers/patties and it gets repetitive. So much ground meat!

• Love 3

I'm amazed her 30 MM show is back on. It's always been hard for me to watch her 30 MM shows cause I get anxious re: the time. Goofy of me but she always seems to be rushing & that isn't relaxing (the way Ina's show relaxes me). But she's a good ol' girl from upstate NY and I just sense that she's a nice person so I try to watch (of course, when she piles up the cans in her arms, I get antsy all over again☺).

• LOL 1

I don’t know what the hell she was wearing on Sunday’s show I am not sure I have ever seen a less flattering turtleneck it made her look like Uncle Fester. 

I am with John I have never heard cabbage refered to as white cabbage.

There is an awesome Korean fried chicken place literally a half block from my house so I won’t be making it at home but this episode made me change my dinner plans and get some.

• Love 1

I’ve seen her on talk shows and she does a lot of prep work in advance. On Sundays she will cut up the veggies she needs for the whole week. She has all her herbs packed in ziplock bags. I would like to see her do a show on menu planning, shopping list making, what staples to keep on hand and how prep whatever can be done in advance.

I'm not a huge Ree Drummond fan, but I do like how she prepares her “meal kits”.  I don’t cook in bulk or freeze meals but I do find myself putting items needed for a specific meal together.  In my pantry I keep 7 baskets labeled for each day of the week. Items needed for Monday’s meal go in one, Tuesday, another. On the fridge I have a dry erase 7 day calendar and list the cold/frozen items needed for each  day of the week. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

I’ve seen her on talk shows and she does a lot of prep work in advance. On Sundays she will cut up the veggies she needs for the whole week. She has all her herbs packed in ziplock bags. I would like to see her do a show on menu planning, shopping list making, what staples to keep on hand and how prep whatever can be done in advance.

I'm not a huge Ree Drummond fan, but I do like how she prepares her “meal kits”.  I don’t cook in bulk or freeze meals but I do find myself putting items needed for a specific meal together.  In my pantry I keep 7 baskets labeled for each day of the week. Items needed for Monday’s meal go in one, Tuesday, another. On the fridge I have a dry erase 7 day calendar and list the cold/frozen items needed for each  day of the week. 

Thank you for those awesome ideas!!  

1 hour ago, iwasish said:

She gave that tip on one of the episodes that aired on Saturday (which were likely from the previous week of shows.)  She said that, after going to the store or market, to prep everything so it's usable and you're less likely to throw away fresh produce.  I should probably consider doing that.  As it is, I end up buying the pre-prepared stuff if I can.  (#lazy)

I didn't really watch this show when it originally aired, although I was aware of some of what came out of it (EVOO).  I was a little surprised when this came on after The Kitchen but the burgers looked like they were going to be good so I watched.  Those onions were more fried than caramelized but, through the power of suggestion, I had burgers last night.  Except I ordered out since I always overcook them.

I did have to laugh when she made her own powdered ranch sauce.  I'm so used to so many cooking shows doing a segment dedicated to Hidden Valley Ranch season (sponsorships!) that I was shocked that Food Network didn't immediately try to make it happen with her tator tot segment.  I knew that you could make ranch dressing from scratch but I never considered making my own powdered ranch mix.  I am going to try that.

(edited)

I would make the vodka sauce and I would make the scampi but I wouldn’t make them together way too much going on more isn’t always better! 

I can’t stand her talk show but weirdly this has fed the same habit as The Chew for me.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I don’t know what the hell she was wearing on Sunday’s show I am not sure I have ever seen a less flattering turtleneck it made her look like Uncle Fester. 

She also referenced the sweater after washing her hands.

I made her pot pie, and it was a huge hit.  Took a lot longer than 30 minutes (which I knew it would), but still a hit.  

The burgers looked amazing, and will be up next.  

1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

I would make the vodka sauce and I would make the scampi but I wouldn’t make them together way too much going on.

Agreed.  When she introduced the menu, my DH said a bold no way.  RR is the way I really took an interest in cooking.  I would watch the FN line-up (how I miss those days) after the kiddies went to bed, and decided if she could I could.  

Oh on a funnier note:  She talked about Sarah Moulton, and the smiling all the time.  She said that Sarah still visits her talk show set.  

• Love 1
(edited)

Rachael just comes off so weird  in this version of 30mm. Her weird abbreviations like  for light brown sugar and her hyper weird phrases and noises are embarrassing to watch !

i always liked Rachael , but now it seems like she’s trying to hard to exaggerate her little gimmicks .   Her  saying “sexy” over and over was cringeworthy.  Her gross mixing of food with her hands and then not even wiping  them was disgusting . She does walk to the sink to wash her hands after touching meat , but then she barely washes them anyway ! She puts soap on them and barely rinses !

I wonder if she picked up her gross habits at Howard Johnson’s where she got her culinary training as a young person ! 

I was looking forward to this redo, but now it’s barely watchable ! Sad that she went from a likable , relatable cook, to an exaggerated cartoon version of herself!

Edited by goldenpuppy
  • Love 2

I am on the fence after seeing three episodes. I honestly haven't seen much change from her later years on the original 30MM. I still felt anxious watching because Rachael seemed so harried and stressed. Plus, I have now heard the "smell the shrimp" tip three times now. Twice on the vodka sauce/scampi show and again on the shrimp taco show. Same goes for "stock in a box" and how to use it to 'hack" over- or under-done Thanksgiving turkey.

What bugged me on a couple of episodes was the on-camera discussions with the camera people and crew. I found it oddly distracting and like breaking the "fourth wall." I haven't seen it since, so maybe it was just a few isolated incidents. 

So far, nothing she's made has prodded me to want to try the recipe. I didn't like those loaded burritos with tater tots. It did look like something a couple of drunk people would conjure up after coming home from the bars at 2 a.m. The Korean fried chicken looked good, though. 

Don't get me started on her clothes. Even if it's cold in upstate NY, I am sure that it's NOT cold in a studio under hot lights with a stove and oven going. Those over-sized ill-fitting sweaters she's been wearing look horrible and Rachael mentioned more than once about how bulky and long they were which made cooking difficult. Girlfriend, you have enough money to go to a nice store that specializes in petite sizes and I am sure you can find a plethora of flattering cozy sweaters that fit. She is in desperate need of a makeover. Not saying that she needs to go on camera in Giada-style bodycon dresses with cleavage and thighs abundant, just step it up a bit.

Despite all of that, I am still watching the show. I am starved for any type of instructional cooking show (except Pioneer Woman and some of the celebrities), so I will watch all 30 episodes. 

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

FN ratings for original shows are out. This show's weekend ratings were good but the weekday ratings were dismal.

FN ratings

That's too bad. It seems to me that they haven't really put anything into promoting it, have they? I  see Robert Irvines' stupid ugly face at least once an hour on FN promoting the reboot of Restaurant Impossible but I just happened onto the new 30MM. That seems weird to me.

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

That's too bad. It seems to me that they haven't really put anything into promoting it, have they? I  see Robert Irvines' stupid ugly face at least once an hour on FN promoting the reboot of Restaurant Impossible but I just happened onto the new 30MM. That seems weird to me.

Irvine's dumpster fire of a show is probably prime time fare, unlike the dump and stir shows. 

32 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Irvine's dumpster fire of a show is probably prime time fare, unlike the dump and stir shows. 

Yeah, you're right that is probably their rationale but why bring back RR for essentially a 30-day special event and not promote it at all? Just seems like a wasted opportunity.

I think the 30 Day thing was the promotion and imagine they didn’t expect that many people to watch on the weekdays and when it’s over they will have shows that they can air on the weekends.

Thursday’s show is why I always hate the basic concept of her show, if you go to the time and expense of buying all the ingredients make it right! Don’t cheat the onions take the time to cook them right. I realize people can cook them longer at home but it would be a good place for her to update some of her tips. Carmalized onions don’t require that much attention when cooking and hold up well in the fridge so prep the onions when cooking another meal that week and your still getting a meal on the table in 30 minutes but your not sacrificing flavor. 

• Love 3

Wow! I am embarrassed for Rachael after watching this train wreck of a cooking show!

She started years ago as a down to earth, relatable, cook with easy recipes. It was a great change from chefs who were fun to watch , but  had recipes that  were not easy to replicate.

I even enjoyed $40 a day .

As Rachael got more popular she became more exaggerated and over the top, but she was still fun to watch and likable. 

Now, in this redo of 30mm, she really is ridiculous and obnoxious. She comes up with stupid short names for things like “ridge” for the refrigerator!  She makes stupid noises like she’s laughing, grunting and having some kind of medical issue . She also now talks to her food like a crazy person , calling everything “him” or “her” or buddy !  Oh and now she snaps at the crew and acts nasty to them when coming back from commercial break ! 

At one point when making eggs she said her mom and sister liked eggs “dry as hell”. ????

I am all for being down to earth and real, but she comes off tacky, unprofessional, loud and just plain weird ! 

Not to mention, her food looks disgusting. It’s super fatty and overdone with weird ingredients!

i don’t get what happened . On her talk show she does not behave so over the top and weird.

Does she feel so confident or above FN roots that she can act like an idiot now and not even care how she acts ? Or is this her real personality?

Whatever it is, it’s a mess ! I was looking forward to this redo, now it’s just painful to watch ! 

• Love 5

Sounds like she's doing a Paula Deen. Sweet southern lady to start, then when she got popular the real crass Paula came out. I've read posts of people who have been to her daily talk show that say as soon as the cameras turn off, she turns into a not so likeable person.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, chessiegal said:

Sounds like she's doing a Paula Deen. Sweet southern lady to start, then when she got popular the real crass Paula came out. I've read posts of people who have been to her daily talk show that say as soon as the cameras turn off, she turns into a not so likeable person.

I would never have believed it until I saw her yelling at a camera man for trying to get a shot of the  slop she had in a pan! I don’t know  why FN thinks that showing the cook being a rude , tacky jerk between the scenes would be endearing or fun to watch !

She sounds like a crass, crude , and nasty person to work for .    I think she started out as a nice normal person, now the money she fame have made her obnoxious .

And her recipes are mostly gross and stupid now .  It’s like she’s not even trying .

I was looking forward to her return, but now I’d rather see Molly, Ina , Giada or Bobby with an additional cooking show.

Edited by Popcorn22
  • Love 1

I caught the show with the "Cuz" sandwich. Holy mackerel! That looked disgusting. She did the same "rush the onions" by adding water to the pan. Just what I want, a pan of slimy steamed onions. Ugh and I HATE onions to begin with.

The rushing, noises and stories/tips that she repeats over and over from episode to episode were driving me nuts. Then coup de grace was getting practically food-gasmic over her ridiculous provolone sauce.

I also saw/heard her snap at the camera crew more than once after the commercial break.

ITA that all of her food is heavy and fatty. So far, most everything looks like something somebody would make up after pulling an all-nighter at the local clubs.

I am picking up the feeling that maybe RR is in this due to some type of contractual obligation to FN (or they offered her a boatload of money). Her heart just doesn't seem in it and it's like that she is trying to cram filming as many shows into one day as possible. As a viewer, I don't like to be make to feel like that I am an inconvenience that the host doesn't care about engaging. 

• Love 2