Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E08: Showdown at Villa Rosa

• Start Topic

(edited)

In the words of NeNe Leakes.. I said what I said 🤷🏾‍♀️

Y'all and this regardless of gender is all good and dandy until a man pops a woman in her mouth. Then you’re a victim. I don’t insert myself in situations of that nature simply because I know how I get down and my mouth is slick. So I’d prefer not to argue with men other than my own and prefer they not argue with me. 

Lisa is not some delicate flower who was seconds from stroking out because of a catty argument. If my man (in my VPR Lala voice) is going to step in, I’d like it to be for something more serious than some catty stuff I can handle on my own. I wouldn’t want him to put himself in a situation that could go left if the woman feels attacked or threatened. None of this is even that serious.

Furthermore, if Lisa was so concerned with Kyle getting out, she should’ve made sure she left. There’s no way you’ll be in my house upsetting me to a point of putting you out and I tell you to see yourself out. I’m holding the damn door and slamming it as you walk through it. 

With all that said, I’m a woman who can handle her own and maybe others need backup. In walks Ken..

Edited by FancyNancy
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 4/4/2019 at 2:01 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

I was also not impressed by the non-binding resolution.  It is the kind of thing that makes people feel good, but, at the end of the day, are there any people in Korea, India (two countries named in the resolution) and "the rest of the world," (also named) who are going to be like, "oh shit, there is a woman in LA who disapproves of our cultural practices.  

-----

I am anti-Yulin just for the record.  I don't have a problem with slaughtering animals for food; I have a problem with the unnecessary suffering of animals, which apparently occurs at Yulin a lot, and it's horrible.  I just also wouldn't disillusion myself into thinking I was making even a dent in that practice by having an indeterminate number of members of Congress say it's bad in the absence of tangible results.  

I'm impressed. Has any other Housewife helped bring anything to the floor of the House? It's non-binding, but it's something. If I worked with Alcee Hastings on anything I would be proud. 

• Love 17
(edited)
4 hours ago, FancyNancy said:

In the words of NeNe Leakes.. I said what I said 🤷🏾‍♀️

Y'all and this regardless of gender is all good and dandy until a man pops a woman in her mouth. Then you’re a victim. I don’t insert myself in situations of that nature simply because I know how I get down and my mouth is slick. So I’d prefer not to argue with men other than my own and prefer they not argue with me. 

Lisa is not some delicate flower who was seconds from stroking out because of a catty argument. If my man (in my VPR Lala voice) is going to step in, I’d like it to be for something more serious than some catty stuff I can handle on my own. I wouldn’t want him to put himself in a situation that could go left if the woman feels attacked or threatened. None of this is even that serious.

Furthermore, if Lisa was so concerned with Kyle getting out, she should’ve made sure she left. There’s no way you’ll be in my house upsetting me to a point of putting you out and I tell you to see yourself out. I’m holding the damn door and slamming it as you walk through it. 

With all that said, I’m a woman who can handle her own and maybe others need backup. In walks Ken..

Oh - I mostly agree. Funny too.

I haven’t watched last two episodes yet. Busy watching past seasons of RHNY😀 - and “doggygate” is ridiculous. But if I’m honest, I’d love to have a Ken (Mr. DC is great too I guess). Somewhat doddering, 70-yr old man carrying around bald Pomerianians, who obviously adores his wife (plus really, really rich!).

I’d also really like attack Swans in my non-existent front pond to chase away unwanted guests.

Both are unlikely to happen.

ETA - James Kennedy (since VPR was mentioned) is absolutely terrified of Ken for some reason. Maybe cause James is a pussy at heart (like my old Akita mix).

Edited by Jennifersdc
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, babykin said:

I'm impressed. Has any other Housewife helped bring anything to the floor of the House? It's non-binding, but it's something. If I worked with Alcee Hastings on anything I would be proud. 

Well, that what makes a horse race.  I can understand why you would be impressed for the reasons you stated above.  I don't know who the person is whom you mention above.  I tend to think elected officials are full of shit and I pay them as little mind as possible.  

I just can't with the back-patting and the popping of champagne when nothing tangible has been accomplished.  I felt the same way when they went to Hong Kong two seasons ago under the auspices of trying to stop Yulin, but all Lisa did was shoot a commercial there that she could have shot in California, and then luxuriated in the finest Hong Kong had to offer the rest of the time.  

It's fluff.  Her heart is in the right place, but, until I see what has come out of it, Lisa hasn't done anything. When one honest-to-goodness person comes out of the woodwork and says it has changed his or her practice when it comes to torturing animals, I will revise my opinion and give LVP a standing ovation (as long as I'm convinced it's not a plant of hers). It's of no moment to me that foreginers may consume dogs--I wouldn't even know how to begin an argument advocating for the slaughter or lambs, but not dogs, other than my cultural tendency is to like dogs better.  For a plethora of reasons, I think it is fine, even good, to eat meat.  So I'll be damned if I try to dictate to people abroad what type of meat they should consume.  The methods of slaughter are the only things that concern me.  

Controversy about CC aside, what if Christopher Columbus had gotten Queen Izabella's blessing and patronage to take the ships to the New World, but he never got out of the harbor?  Would we still have Columbus Day? No.  He would have been a forgotten figure in history, and no self-respecting college professor would include him in their curriculum as "the guy who tried."  That's the way I look at it.  All the good intentions in the world aren't preventing these dogs from torture.  

-------------------------------

What's up with these fecking tag lines anyway?  They are doing my head in, especially Kyle's (and Denise's, to a lesser extent).

"In Beverly Hills, the truth always has a way of rising to the top". What in the ever-loving Christ does that mean?!?!  BH isn't a place known for its "truth."  I can't think of a geographic locale off the top of my head where "the truth rises to the top."  Maybe if she were a newspaper editor, Kyle could say it about her business, but as it's said, it clearly has some subtext, and it makes no sense as you tune into the show.  Just talk about yourself (although "I'm born and raised in Beverly Hillls" is no winner either).

I don't like Denise's because it just has a horrible rhythm.  "My problem with the tabloids / My real life is so much juicier" There has got to be a better way to say that.  How about "My life is juicer than the tabloids could fathom."  That would still suck, but it wouldn't have that awkward pause in the middle and WTF is she talking about?  I don't even read tabloids.

I hate tag lines, across the franchises.  They are stupid and tacky and maybe could have worked a few years ago, but should have gone the way of the Skye tops on RHOC. 

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, Jennifersdc said:

Oh - I mostly agree. Funny too.

I haven’t watched last two episodes yet. Busy watching past seasons of RHNY😀 - and “doggygate” is ridiculous. But if I’m honest, I’d love to have a Ken (Mr. DC is great too I guess). Somewhat doddering, 70-yr old man carrying around bald Pomerianians, who obviously adores his wife (plus really, really rich!).

I’d also really like attack Swans in my non-existent front pond to chase away unwanted guests.

Both are unlikely to happen.

ETA - James Kennedy (since VPR was mentioned) is absolutely terrified of Ken for some reason. Maybe cause James is a pussy at heart (like my old Akita mix).

I think James doesn’t want to get on either of their bad sides because, besides Sandoval, they’re all he has left. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 4/7/2019 at 9:59 AM, KungFuBunny said:

OMG That is AWESOME!!!!!!

tenor.gif?itemid=4732481

Yep. That’s me. Ike is actually my favorite South Park character (Maplebeard the Pirate, Miss Stevenson the kindergarten teacher, etc.). I picked them up as feral 5/6 wk kittens off the street (with a bunch of others - including their two Mommie’s I TNR’d).

Thought misnamed them for awhile. Kyle’s the cool, don’t give a shit one. Ike cost me over $3K in an incubator when he was a kitten and is surgically attached to us (aka the “Tumor”). He weighs about six pounds, never really had a normal bowel movement despite years of thousands dollars worth of tests and “novel” food.  Mr. DC calls him Darwin’s mistake. We love him to death.

Turns out Ike is the badass though. I was originally correct. Mr. DC has a small pet sitting/ dog walking business. He’s front and center with the guest dogs all the time for treats and daring them to “come get him”. We watch the same dogs mostly - so he does know them. Kyle’s in the closet for the most part (he’s also fat and lazy).

Mr. DC says he ruined me. When I met him 13 years ago, I didn’t have cable or a TV in my bedroom (I was cheap). My previously feral cats were Winston and Clementine. I thank him all the time...

Edited by Jennifersdc
ETA - According to Cartman - Kyle’s probably in the closet protecting his “Jew gold”. South Park is so wrong, but so right.
  • Love 5
36 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Well, that what makes a horse race.  I can understand why you would be impressed for the reasons you stated above.  I don't know who the person is whom you mention above.  I tend to think elected officials are full of shit and I pay them as little mind as possible.  

Some are full of shit, some aren't. I don't paint them all with the same brush, and I admire Hastings a lot. I just don't see bashing this resolution. Shrug. 

• Love 14

Kyle: "Then we went to lunch after and then the whole Radar Online thing came up."

LVP: "There's always stories, like negative stories."

Kyle: "Dorit was really upset.  Really upset."

LVP: "Well I... hold on a second.  She was upset."

Kyle: "Very.  I mean, if you read the article, it sounds like it comes from your camp"

LVP: "It sounds like it comes from me?  I didn't even read it properly, but all I do know is that I went and spoke to TMZ that day when they came to the Vanderpump Dogs Center, I was just like 'no no no no no.'  I put myself on the line."

Kyle: "You always say 'when you look at an article, you have to see who it would benefit,' right?"

LVP: "Well who would benefit from it?"

Kyle: "Well only like-"

LVP: "Well there's some piece of crap-"

Kyle: "'Lisa's so great and the Vanderpump foundation's amazing'-"

LVP: "Oh, hold-"

Kyle: "and it was bad for Dorit.  So Dorit was like devastated, saying 'all these animal rights activitist people are going to come after me' and I'm in a really bad position here because-"

LVP: "Why are you in a bad position?"

Kyle: "Because!  As your friend, I want to say [slams hand on table] 'That is not true!  I don't believe that!'

Ken: "You should've"

Kyle: "But I don't- that's not- I don't feel that, Ken."

LVP: "You think I'm going to give a story to Radar Online and then I'm going to go to TMZ and refute a story I've given to Radar Online?"

Kyle: "That's what everybody thinks, yes."

LVP: [speechless for a second] "Who says that?  Who says that?  Say it."

Kyle: "Everybody.  Everybody."

LVP: [speechless]

Kyle: "It seems as if you wanted to get ahead of it-"

LVP: "So then- okay-"

Kyle: "So people would believe you over Dorit in this whole argument.  I'm going to tell you what they think-"

LVP: "No, I'm not listening"

Kyle: "No, you have to hear because that's not fair"

LVP: "I'm not thinking about Dorit and her f---ing dog and when I went out there- I shouldn't say f---ing dog because it's a beautiful little dog, when I-"

Kyle: "It seems-"

LVP: "When I went out there-"

Kyle: "You won't let me talk!  This is what happens!  You never let me talk-"

LVP: "I ALWAYS let you talk!"

Kyle: "You want to get your sentences out there, I'm trying to get mine too and I'm here as your friend, okay?  I'm the only one who-"

Ken: "You're not her friend."

Kyle: "Legitimate friend-"

Kyle: "Yeah, I am, Ken."

Kyle: "Yes I am!"

Ken: "You are not her friend."

LVP: "Ken, stop it."

Kyle: "Yes, I f---ing am.  I will defend what's right.  Okay?  I can't sit there and say 'I do not [slams hand on table] believe Lisa Vander-'"

LVP: "So you think I would give a story to Radar Online-"

Kyle: "Yes."

LVP: "about Dorit?"

Kyle: "It's so blatant-"

LVP: "Wow."

Kyle: "Why didn't you-"

LVP: "Okay, this is a big shock to me."

LVP: "This changes everything"

[TH, flashback scene]

LVP: "I've done nothing wrong."

Kyle: "I'm sorry!  If I'd done something wrong, that doesn't mean you wouldn't love me!

LVP: "Just because- just because you accuse me-"

Kyle: "I'm sorry, what do you want me to say?"

LVP: "I'm not going to say 'yes I did something' if I didn't do it!  I'm a woman with integrity-"

Kyle: "Yeah, I am too-"

LVP: "and I stand up for what's right.  I could've thrown her under the bus-"

Kyle: "Which is why I'm not going to say- I'm also not going to say say 'Lisa would never [slams hand on table] do this-"

LVP: "I'm done, I'm done with you too."

Kyle: "And it feels like you're talking to Radar-"

LVP: "Kyle, I'm done."

Kyle: "Lisa."

LVP: "Kyle, I swear on my children's life, on Giggy's life, I, or nobody I know, would give a story to Radar about Dorit.  If you think I did that-

Kyle: "Maybe-"

LVP: "I'm done with you too."

Kyle: "you care more about your image than your friendships-"

LVP: "Okay good, bye!"

Kyle: "At times."

LVP: "Bye, Kyle!  Show yourself out, darling." [leaves the room]

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
(edited)

All the good intentions in the world aren't preventing these dogs from torture.

I would move that "all" and revise this to say, "the good intentions in the world aren't preventing all these dogs from torture." Which is true. But those good intentions aren't doing nothing, and they are helping some. I'll guess I'll never get the "everything or nothing" mentality, especially in regard to treating animals properly. That attitude doesn't convey to me a pragmatic world-weariness or jaded sense of experience; it seems passive, lackadaisical, uninformed, callous, and really kind of cruel.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 20

LVP's efforts to bring attention to the dog meat market should be commended but let's not forget she runs a restaurant empire that has cows, chickens and pigs on the menu. Animal rights activists believe there's no humane way to slaughter any animal.  So it seems a tad hypocritical to protest the torture of animals in other countries while profiting off of the same thing in your own.

• Love 1
(edited)

I have no love for the US's factory-farming policies but public displays of brutality against the innocent, by participants who are hiding their sadistic tendencies behind some fake-ass festival (i.e., torture for torture's sake), is so not the same as serving meat in a restaurant. In my opinion, that is. And (again), every person can't do everything.

People shouldn't be discouraged from making changes because they don't know everything about other things that also need changes. And who knows--maybe someday she'll take on factory farming or promote veganism, whatever. Maybe she's learning while she's attempting to help others learn.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, albarino said:

Please tell me you aren't serious.  I work in the Executive Branch (I believe you work in the Legislative Branch?) and it actually takes a bit of work to get anything accomplished.  I can't just email my MOC and ask for something to be recorded in the Congressional Record.  Perhaps you can?

I'm not going there with Christopher Columbus because it is ridiculous.  Stupid.

Ok @albarino...I'm not serious?  If that's what you want to hear, I guess I can indulge you.  The rhetoric is neither here nor there with me.   I work in private practice.  I know the poster to whom you are referring who works in the legislative branch, and it's not me.  I can't get anything recorded in the Congressional Record, just to allay your fears, nor would I want to.  I don't think it makes a difference.  I don't care about pomp and circumstance; I care about results.  

I will thank you for refraining from further insult to my post, although the irony that someone who works for the executive branch is trying to berate me into believing the government is responsive to its citizens by refusing to think out my metaphor and is instead dismissing it as "ridiculous" and "stupid" is quite amusing to me, so...always look on the bright side of life. --Monty Python 🙂 

You have your opinion...I have mine.  Thank you for sharing.  

@babykin, thank your for your reasoned response.  I don't disagree that some politicians are full of shit and some aren't...or less full of it.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Adira said:

Kyle: "Then we went to lunch after and then the whole Radar Online thing came up."

LVP: "There's always stories, like negative stories."

Kyle: "Dorit was really upset.  Really upset."

LVP: "Well I... hold on a second.  She was upset."

Kyle: "Very.  I mean, if you read the article, it sounds like it comes from your camp"

LVP: "It sounds like it comes from me?  I didn't even read it properly, but all I do know is that I went and spoke to TMZ that day when they came to the Vanderpump Dogs Center, I was just like 'no no no no no.'  I put myself on the line."

Kyle: "You always say 'when you look at an article, you have to see who it would benefit,' right?"

LVP: "Well who would benefit from it?"

Kyle: "Well only like-"

LVP: "Well there's some piece of crap-"

Kyle: "'Lisa's so great and the Vanderpump foundation's amazing'-"

LVP: "Oh, hold-"

Kyle: "and it was bad for Dorit.  So Dorit was like devastated, saying 'all these animal rights activitist people are going to come after me' and I'm in a really bad position here because-"

Kyle: "Because!  As your friend, I want to say [slams hand on table] 'That is not true!  I don't believe that!'

Ken: "You should've"

Kyle: "But I don't- that's not- I don't feel that, Ken."

LVP: "You think I'm going to give a story to Radar Online and then I'm going to go to TMZ and refute a story I've given to Radar Online?"

Kyle: "That's what everybody thinks, yes."

LVP: [speechless for a second] "Who says that?  Who says that?  Say it."

Kyle: "Everybody.  Everybody."

Kyle: "It seems as if you wanted to get ahead of it-"

LVP: "So then- okay-"

Kyle: "So people would believe you over Dorit in this whole argument.  I'm going to tell you what they think-"

LVP: "No, I'm not listening"

LVP: "I'm not thinking about Dorit and her f---ing dog and when I went out there- I shouldn't say f---ing dog because it's a beautiful little dog, when I-"

Kyle: "You want to get your sentences out there, I'm trying to get mine too and I'm here as your friend, okay?  I'm the only one who-"

Kyle: "Legitimate friend-"

Kyle: "Yeah, I am, Ken."

Kyle: "Yes I am!"

Ken: "You are not her friend."

LVP: "Ken, stop it."

Kyle: "Yes, I f---ing am.  I will defend what's right.  Okay?  I can't sit there and say 'I do not [slams hand on table] believe Lisa Vander-'"

LVP: "So you think I would give a story to Radar Online-"

LVP: "about Dorit?"

Kyle: "It's so blatant-"

LVP: "Wow."

LVP: "Okay, this is a big shock to me."

LVP: "This changes everything"

[TH, flashback scene]

LVP: "I've done nothing wrong."

Kyle: "I'm sorry!  If I'd done something wrong, that doesn't mean you wouldn't love me!

LVP: "Just because- just because you accuse me-"

Kyle: "I'm sorry, what do you want me to say?"

LVP: "I'm not going to say 'yes I did something' if I didn't do it!  I'm a woman with integrity-"

Kyle: "Yeah, I am too-"

LVP: "and I stand up for what's right.  I could've thrown her under the bus-"

Kyle: "Which is why I'm not going to say- I'm also not going to say say 'Lisa would never [slams hand on table] do this-"

LVP: "I'm done, I'm done with you too."

Kyle: "And it feels like you're talking to Radar-"

LVP: "Kyle, I'm done."

Kyle: "Lisa."

LVP: "Kyle, I swear on my children's life, on Giggy's life, I, or nobody I know, would give a story to Radar about Dorit.  If you think I did that-

Kyle: "Maybe-"

LVP: "I'm done with you too."

Kyle: "you care more about your image than your friendships-"

LVP: "Okay good, bye!"

Kyle: "At times."

LVP: "Bye, Kyle!  Show yourself out, darling." [leaves the room]

Thank you for this - so so upsetting - who the heck does Kyle thinks she is.   On watching this back can't she see that she was soooo wrong?

• Love 13
3 hours ago, albarino said:

Please tell me you aren't serious.  I work in the Executive Branch (I believe you work in the Legislative Branch?) and it actually takes a bit of work to get anything accomplished.  I can't just email my MOC and ask for something to be recorded in the Congressional Record.  Perhaps you can?

I'm not going there with Christopher Columbus because it is ridiculous.  Stupid.

31 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Ok @albarino...I'm not serious?  If that's what you want to hear, I guess I can indulge you.  The rhetoric is neither here nor there with me.   I work in private practice.  I know the poster to whom you are referring who works in the legislative branch, and it's not me.  I can't get anything recorded in the Congressional Record, just to allay your fears, nor would I want to.  I don't think it makes a difference.  I don't care about pomp and circumstance; I care about results.  

I will thank you for refraining from further insult to my post, although the irony that someone who works for the executive branch is trying to berate me into believing the government is responsive to its citizens by refusing to think out my metaphor and is instead dismissing it as "ridiculous" and "stupid" is quite amusing to me, so...always look on the bright side of life. --Monty Python 🙂 

You have your opinion...I have mine.  Thank you for sharing.  

@babykin, thank your for your reasoned response.  I don't disagree that some politicians are full of shit and some aren't...or less full of it.  

In-thread dissent makes for sad puppyface!

cute-puppy-pictures-science-why-adorable

• Love 11

This is interesting.  Rinna and Teddi at lunch all jumped on the radar online article sounding like lvp because of the use of the phrase “poor creature”.  According to the latest Keirn Thomas blog, that phrase wasn’t used in the article. https://keirnthomas.com/2019/04/03/goodbye-kyle/.   Hmmm.... why were Rinna and Teddi so sure?  Because one of them used the phrase (coached by the other) when they spoke to radar online?

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
5 minutes ago, Pattycake2 said:

This is interesting.  Rinna and Teddi at lunch all jumped on the radar online article sounding like lvp because of the use of the phrase “poor creature”.  According to the latest Keirn Thomas blog, that phrase wasn’t used in the article. https://keirnthomas.com/2019/04/03/goodbye-kyle/.   Hmmm.... why were Rinna and Teddi so sure?  Because one of them used the phrase (coached by the other) when they spoke to radar online?

tbf I thought Kyle had leaked it rather than Rinna or Teddi - but gosh who knows - they could all have been discussing.

• Love 2

I didn't even notice that Rinna's leggings had pills on them. Nasty ass clown.

On 4/4/2019 at 12:26 PM, PhilMarlowe2 said:

LVP said it herself when she was underhandedly bringing up the Mauricio cheating rumors on camera: "Where there's smoke, there's fire." 

It was Brandi who brought up the cheating rumors in that scene (and Kyle and Mauricio had brought it up on camera before that).

On 4/4/2019 at 2:01 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

She said a few episodes back to Teddi that she doesn't even communicate with John Blizzard, that she doesn't even have his phone number.  But Lisa later gave an interview where she said that that when this whole dog thing happened, Ken was on one phone with John Blizzard...

Maybe I was higher than Denise at the time, but I could've sworn it was said at the beginning of the season that Ken had gone to see Blizzard in person.

On 4/4/2019 at 9:23 PM, Rosiejuliemom said:

FWIW, Radar has said that the story was given to them by a housewife that isn't LVP.

Interesting. LVP probably manipulated them into saying that.

On 4/5/2019 at 1:14 PM, Mr. Minor said:

No good tea, but plenty of bad grammar and spelling.

On 4/5/2019 at 6:02 PM, lunastartron said:

Also, I have no idea what to think about Lisa’s varying reactions when accused because I don’t think she’s perfect and she has certainly appeared to hedge when caught in pot-stirring but both Yolanda and Carlton explicitly contradicted Brandi’s account of the tabloid incident - Carlton at length despite her friendship with Brandi. 

Not to mention, Brandi was filmed packing for that trip, with no LVP or tabloids in sight.

Alas, I'm sure that and other old shit will be rehashed by Brandi, because why else would she be brought back if not to join the "Vanderpump made me do it!" whinefest?

On 4/5/2019 at 8:25 PM, AttackTurtle said:

This show is not Kyle's livelihood.

You never know...multi-million dollar lawsuits and college tuition ain't cheap. 

If the Umanskys' robbery was part of an insurance scam, then it was pretty clever to film Kyle meeting with a jewelry designer. Because, now she can go back to wearing the original pieces, with everybody assuming they're replicas.

On 4/6/2019 at 6:19 PM, langford peel said:

I know I first tuned in because of my affection (teenage lust) for Kim.

I know a guy who started watching the show for the very same reason (he had crushed on Kim because of Tuff Turf).

6 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Well...no one was punched in this scenario so there's no need to introduce those hypotheticals. And most of us probably don't run around worried about that.

Seriously. Ken was no more likely to get physical than table-slammer Kyle.

Personally, I was rather impressed that he said "please", and refrained from calling Kyle any names.

Everyone's point here is that people should generally want to intervene when his or her significant other is being attacked in some way. What kind of SO wouldn't at least want to?

That, plus Kyle wasn't just Lisa's friend, she was also Ken's. The man was totally justified in being upset with the whole situation.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

I'm yelling "clip, clip, clip" on it!!  Thanks to Dorinda for a line that will always be funny!! 

Feels like the GIF is in order!

real housewives of new york city shut up GIF by Bravo TV

I’d love for Dorinda to “CLIP!” Rinna.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
(edited)

Who sold the story to Radar Online? Lisa? Not Lisa! Then who? Tedi! Tedi sold the story to Radar Online! Teddi? Yes Teddi! Couldn't be! Then WHO?

Sorry, my mind goes straight to this kid chant every time those damn ladies mention Radar Online. 

Let's get CSI on the case. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • LOL 11
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I hate tag lines, across the franchises.  They are stupid and tacky

You realize this is the Real Housewives, right? Where they gauchely brag about how much money everything costs, drunkenly flash their Britneys (tm The Hills) and fall in bushes, occasionally slap each other and throw drinks, make public scenes in restaurants all around the world, have fake teeth fall out of their mouth when they rip a man’s shirt off with said mouth, and make twitter accounts devoted to their expensive appliances?

I watch these shows because they’re stupid and tacky.

• LOL 8
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, film noire said:

I don't need LVP  to change anybody's mind.

I just need her to keep saving as many dogs as possible - 300 and counting in a sanctuary in China, including this sweetie who was pulled off a truck in Yulin , and now lives in Alaska - if that's fluff, sign me up.

doggy lvp.jpg

We really need a “happy crying” emoji. ❤️🐾

• Love 12
On 4/6/2019 at 10:32 PM, breezy424 said:

As I understand, Kim is now living in a condo that is owned by Kyle.  Do you think she pays rent?  I doubt it cause she doesn't have any income.

I don't believe for a second that Kyle stole Kim's house.  Kyle and Mauricio have been supplementing Kim's income for years.  Especially since her kids are grown and there's no child support coming in.  Kim's been in an alcoholic blur for years.  

I have always thought that the truth was somewhere in the middle on this.  From what I've gathered, Kyle and Mauricio did buy Kim and Kathy out, but at what price? And Kyle and Mauricio have paid Kim's bills for a while (all? some? who knows), but what did they tell her? We'll buy you out, but you can buy the share back later when you're in a position to? When that time came, how much did they want for her share, how much time did they give her, etc?

I'm not taking Kim's side, because I could totally see her expecting to be able to buy the whole house back for like $50k, when they paid her $100k for her share, because it was "her goddamn house!" I'm just not sure that I believe Kyle and Mauricio didn't use this deal to their advantage at some point.

On 4/7/2019 at 3:45 PM, film noire said:

Brava - great catch, Sweetie!  (Next on RHoBH, alternate universe style: "Kyle, I had to rush over and tell you - as a loyal and loving friend - that the consensus is Mauricio stole millions from the people of Equatorial Guinea.  Also the girls - especially Erika, being married to a lawyer -  all agreed at lunch today that the Feds investigating him is proof of that - so now of course we're all wondering about what Kim said about that house - wait, why are you so angry? -- I'm only saying this because I love you so much! - and also to be a shining example to my children! - by the way, that shade of pink makes you look a bit green, darling..")

Also, doesn't this mean that Mauricio 100% DID cheat on Kyle, since plenty of people agreed to it when it was published in the tabloids? I mean, obviously there was a consensus in order for it to be printed, right?

On 4/7/2019 at 9:20 PM, bravofan27 said:

Kyle treated Kim like shit. She was such a bitch to her. I don't believe Kim deserved it. She had an addiction problem, was broke, and had no life skills (except making juice and chicken salad). Plus she has a kid with schizophrenia which requires full-time maintenance and care, and she doesn't have a lot of skills in general. To pick on her is unfair because she's already struggling, and she really can't fight back. Kyle just picked on her so much and I seriously think Kim will be better off without Kyle in her life. 

I don't think Kim is blameless.  I do not like Kyle and can't believe that I'm about to defend her, but, Kim is responsible for Kim.  I don't like the way that Kyle has treated her all the time, but I do think there's a fair amount of shit that they have kept quiet and off tv when it comes to Kim and having to be the person who is paying the bills, making sure your sister's kids are not suffering due to their parent's issues, it's not the ideal place to be.  Kim is also not in the least bit grateful for any of the help she's gotten, she just seem to think it's owed to her.  I have a relative who is sort of like Kim, not an addict but makes horrendous choices and just seems to think that the world is simply required to do whatever it is that they need/want.  I have very minimal contact with that person because I can't deal with that shit.  I do not expect groveling, hell, I don't even really need a thank you, but, don't come back at me with an attitude like "Is that IT?!?" when I help you with something.  

12 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Everyone's point here is that people should generally want to intervene when his or her significant other is being attacked in some way. What kind of SO wouldn't at least want to? I can handle my own as well (it's a strange takeaway, IMO, that this situation means that Lisa--or some of us here--can't), but there's lots of shit I don't need my BF to do but I appreciate when he does.

I can handle my own shit, I'm a grown adult and I do not need my husband to fight my battles for me.  Neither does LVP, which is why she told Ken to stop.  Now, getting Kyle out of the house, that's a bit trickier.  If she's not leaving and you don't have security, then basically you'd have to call the police, because otherwise, you're option is to physically escort her out.  She would scream bloody murder if they had grabbed her by the arm to escort her out.  

10 hours ago, albarino said:

I can't just email my MOC and ask for something to be recorded in the Congressional Record.  Perhaps you can?

I can't even get my Senator to tell me where he stands on issues prior to him going and voting on them.  He evidently doesn't give a shit about actually representing his constituents, all his office staff will say is "He hasn't made up his mind yet" and then off he goes to vote in exactly the way you knew he would all along.  

10 hours ago, Adira said:

Amazing how this reads like Kyle is an 8 year old having a tantrum.  "You NEVER let me stay up to watch tv! IT'S NOT FAIR!"  Also, she's hammering away at the awful position Lisa put HER in, how awful this is for Kyle.  I mean, damn Lisa, why did you have to make this season so hard on KYLE! 

4 hours ago, Jel said:

From Kyle's blog:

We could have sat down as two friends and talked it out, even if we ended up agreeing to disagree. That’s what friends do. We don’t just tell each other what the other wants to hear. That’s not friendship. 

How would this have happened? When Kyle walked in and wouldn't even listen to what LVP had to say, how were they going to be able to sit down and talk it out? She immediately told LVP that she was wrong, the group decided and LVP had to admit it.

4 hours ago, gritz said:

If the Umanskys' robbery was part of an insurance scam, then it was pretty clever to film Kyle meeting with a jewelry designer. Because, now she can go back to wearing the original pieces, with everybody assuming they're replicas.

This reminds me of a question I had.  How does Kyle have pics on her phone of all of these items?  Stuff she's had for years and years that was handed down? I don't have a huge collection of jewelry, and especially by Kyle's standards, it's not expensive, but, I do have some things that were handed down to me.  Some of it is also ugly and while it's sentimental, I don't wear it.  I have pics of maybe 3 pieces of jewelry on my phone (among the 4000 pics currently on it), because I happened to be talking to a friend about something and it came up, so I snapped a pic of it to text to them.  Otherwise? I don't have any pics of anything.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
18 minutes ago, smores said:

This reminds me of a question I had.  How does Kyle have pics on her phone of all of these items?  Stuff she's had for years and years that was handed down? I don't have a huge collection of jewelry, and especially by Kyle's standards, it's not expensive, but, I do have some things that were handed down to me.  Some of it is also ugly and while it's sentimental, I don't wear it.  I have pics of maybe 3 pieces of jewelry on my phone (among the 4000 pics currently on it), because I happened to be talking to a friend about something and it came up, so I snapped a pic of it to text to them.  Otherwise? I don't have any pics of anything.  

I wondered about this too. I have some expensive pieces handed down to me that I’ve had appraised for insurance purposes (and the appraisals include photographs) so I understand her having photos of some items. But Kyle acted like a lot of the items stolen were costume jewelry that had sentimental rather than economic value. I don’t know why she would have pictures of those items.

• Love 5
(edited)
13 minutes ago, MrsWitter said:

I wondered about this too. I have some expensive pieces handed down to me that I’ve had appraised for insurance purposes (and the appraisals include photographs) so I understand her having photos of some items. But Kyle acted like a lot of the items stolen were costume jewelry that had sentimental rather than economic value. I don’t know why she would have pictures of those items.

For insurance purposes,  you should take pictures of all your valuables, and keep receipts or appraisals of them in your safe deposit box if you have one, or a wall safe, or other safe location.  Lets say you have replacement coverage on your house and/contents through your insurance.  If your house burns down and you lose everything inside how can you sow what you had and how much you paid if you don't have proof?  I may not have the pictures on my phone but I sure do have photographs, receipts and appraisals so that I can recreate what I am claiming. 

And back to the show, if Lisa is such a horrible person, why did she give Kyle a new designer bag after she found out they had been stolen?  More manipulation?  If so it was an awfully expensive reward for someone who screws over their friendship at the drop of a hat. 

I believe Kyle was kissing up to Teddi because of the recent house purchase and sale.  She has been known to do that.  Kiss up to Camille now cause her old house burned down and she needs a new one.   

Lisa was truly sad for Kyle when she found out that Kyle's show was not picked up for a second season.  I have never seen Kyle show that type of concern for Lisa (which is not to say it hasn't happened off camera). 

Edited by Blondie
edited becaue a sentince I wrote didn't makee sense. it's late and I'm tired. sorry
  • Love 17
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Blondie said:

For insurance purposes,  you should take pictures of all your valuables, and keep receipts or appraisals of them in your safe deposit box if you have one, or a wall safe, or other safe location.  Lets say you have replacement coverage on your house and/contents through your insurance.  If your house burns down and you lose everything inside how can you sow what you had and how much you paid if you don't have proof?  I may not have the pictures on my phone but I sure do have photographs, receipts and appraisals so that I can recreate what I am claiming. 

Yes, I know. That’s why I’ve had select items photographed and appraised. My question is more why some of the items that Kyle claims were of sentimental value, rather than monetary value, were photographed. I don’t photograph jewelry under a certain value because it’s covered by my regular policy (no riders or appraisals needed). Maybe Kyle and I have a very different idea of what costume jewelry is.

Edited by MrsWitter
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, smores said:

Also, doesn't this mean that Mauricio 100% DID cheat on Kyle, since plenty of people agreed to it when it was published in the tabloids? I mean, obviously there was a consensus in order for it to be printed, right?  

YES, MADAM, IT DOES MEAN THAT!!

I need to treat you & @SweetieDarling to breakfast for all your hard work Kyleing! 

coffee 3.gif

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 4/4/2019 at 12:25 PM, byrd said:

Rhinna is one castmate that is clearly jealous of Lisa V. She can't understand why she's not on the same level , pay scale or any other perks Lisa V may have through Bravo. Well hunty , Rhinna does not have the longevity that Lisa V has, nor the fan base,  and she hasn't earned that space yet to have all of the perks.. Sorry guys but Lisa V is everything Beverly Hills stands for, elegant, sophisticated , rich,  English, the complete glamour package, this is why I watch, I want Beverly Hills ..not Orange County !!!  The other ladies can have several seats.. Lisa V is not without fault and she can be very catty at times, but she's the best at the game and they can't compete.. let the PEASANTS EAT CAKE !!!!!   

Yes to this!! The crown is heavy dahlings... 

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Blondie said:

For insurance purposes,  you should take pictures of all your valuables, and keep receipts or appraisals of them in your safe deposit box if you have one,

In fact, go one better.  If you own your home and have theft/fire etc. insurance make a VIDEO of your rooms showing what furniture, electronics, etc. are contained in each one, and if possible, do a narration ("this is a Samsung 60" 4K Ultra TV, the sectional is from Ashley Furniture, and we purchased that in 2016").  Mine are on a thumb drive - one copy with me and one copy with my insurance agent.  It can really speed up the claim process.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

Yes, I know. That’s why I’ve had select items photographed and appraised. My question is more why some of the items that Kyle claims were of sentimental value, rather than monetary value, were photographed. I don’t photograph jewelry under a certain value because it’s covered by my regular policy (no riders or appraisals needed). Maybe Kyle and I have a very different idea of what costume jewelry is.

I photograph everything, even my clothing, and keep it all in a file labeled with where it was purchased, when it was purchased and how much it cost.  I also photograph receipts and put them in with the item pictures.  All it takes is one homeowners claim to make you paranoid about ensuring you get the full value of anything lost.  I have special riders for my expensive jewelry, fur coat (left to me, not purchased), etc. but I also want to document anything else I bring in to the house.  We had a flood a couple of years ago and I was shocked by the amount of proof they wanted and the detail we needed to go in to in order to receive replacement compensation.  I even wound up claiming some toilet paper and an old set of hot rollers, yes, petty things, but I paid for them and could no longer use them - the little things add up and if you're paying all this money every year for insurance, why not be able to get the full value of the loss?

• Useful 8
  • Love 4
(edited)
11 hours ago, Blondie said:

And back to the show, if Lisa is such a horrible person, why did she give Kyle a new designer bag after she found out they had been stolen?  More manipulation?  If so it was an awfully expensive reward for someone who screws over their friendship at the drop of a hat. 

Lisa was truly sad for Kyle when she found out that Kyle's show was not picked up for a second season.  I have never seen Kyle show that type of concern for Lisa (which is not to say it hasn't happened off camera). 

I thought that was so sweet. That was a really thoughtful and generous gift she gave to cheer up her friend. 

Since season 1, Lisa seemed more into the friendship than Kyle. I’m not entirely sure why. I’ve guessed that it’s because Lisa isn’t from LA, doesn’t have sisters and maybe doesn’t have the countless girlfriends Kyle seems to have. To me LVP seems like someone who is so busy with work and family and is probably more quality than quantity with friends. I see her as someone who has fewer friends, but truly loving and caring about the ones she has and being more ride or die for them. 

Kyle seems more of a social butterfly who wants to be friends with everybody, but the friendships may not all exactly be deep. I could be wrong about both, but that’s my impression watching the show since season 1.

I’ve experienced feeling like I’m more into the friendship, and it’s a hurtful side to be on. 

I’ve also experienced having a lot going on, not being able to be there as I wish I could, and sometimes friends not understanding.

There are times I see more Lisa’s side, and there are times I feel like Kyle was totally right to have felt hurt by Lisa. But this season I don’t like how LVP is being treated at all. If a dear friend of mine recently lost her only sibling to suicide, had a million things going on, I would only want to support her. 

I think Lisa really had a special place in her heart for Kyle. She seemed so excited to see her when she first got to Villa Rosa, and was so hurt when Kyle wouldn’t even give her the benefit of the doubt. I don’t think LVP cares too much if someone who’s nothing more than a coworker treated her that way. Kyle was so much more to her. I wonder if their friendship will ever be repaired. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 20
On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 3:22 AM, ivygirl said:

Well, this was an uncomfortable episode to watch. 

Dorit ordering Chicken Paillard “well done” was the capper and almost as nauseating as anything else in the episode. I adore Chicken Paillard, but there’s really no reason to order it “well done” because it IS juicy but very well cooked. “Well done chicken”? Does she want jerky?

Exactly. Teddi didn’t look like she was really consoling Dorit in that moment.

I’m very happy that in “real time,” LVP is opening yet another bar/restaurant and basically took over the casino to promote it. The contrast of Dorit whinging (another British word! I must be LVP) to LVP running what I assume are solvent businesses says a lot. 

Or do you mean, a two-person tent mauled by a bear? 😉

But no, what do you mean? Kyle had one more thing to say! And that one thing would have solved everything! LVP and Ken should have heard her out!

Well, she may still have some Depends left over from her days as their spokesperson? 🤷🏻‍♀️

ITA. I’m a mess when I’m angry, especially when I’m accused of something false. I either turn silent or start angry-crying. 

Maybe he’ll take a Tumble 4 Dorit?

What was the other nickname they called Lisa? Dorit said it, but the wording was all Rinna. It reeked of “aren’t I clever.”

In sum,

Because it can’t be said enough.

I think you mean Dorit's use of "Vander-puppets" last episode.  She thought she was so cool.

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 2:42 PM, Dutchgirl said:

Agree. Go on vacation, get your skin filled with some magic liquid and go shopping...or just show me your closet for 40 minutes. I could give a shit about the damn dogs, those annoying Johns, or anything to do with Rinna's "life" and those polyester rags she sells on QVC.

giphy.gif

So funny you posted this meme.  I've been rewatching on Hulu, and I was just watching this reunion last night, and I told my husband (Who was just in the same room-- He does not watch, but can't stand Rinna.)  that I'm not sure whether its the makeup or the hair during this particular reunion, but she reminds me of Glen from Seed of Chucky. 

glen.png

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, 918lux said:

I photograph everything, even my clothing, and keep it all in a file labeled with where it was purchased, when it was purchased and how much it cost.  I also photograph receipts and put them in with the item pictures.  All it takes is one homeowners claim to make you paranoid about ensuring you get the full value of anything lost.  I have special riders for my expensive jewelry, fur coat (left to me, not purchased), etc. but I also want to document anything else I bring in to the house.  We had a flood a couple of years ago and I was shocked by the amount of proof they wanted and the detail we needed to go in to in order to receive replacement compensation.  I even wound up claiming some toilet paper and an old set of hot rollers, yes, petty things, but I paid for them and could no longer use them - the little things add up and if you're paying all this money every year for insurance, why not be able to get the full value of the loss?

Thank you for explaining this. I have thankfully never had to go through the claims process so I didn’t know how nit-picky it could be. I am envious of how organized you are. I so am not that way, but it sounds like I need to better document things! I’m sorry about the flood you experienced. 😢

• Love 2
13 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

You realize this is the Real Housewives, right? Where they gauchely brag about how much money everything costs, drunkenly flash their Britneys (tm The Hills) and fall in bushes, occasionally slap each other and throw drinks, make public scenes in restaurants all around the world, have fake teeth fall out of their mouth when they rip a man’s shirt off with said mouth, and make twitter accounts devoted to their expensive appliances?

I watch these shows because they’re stupid and tacky.

Ok, let's unpack this:  I'm fairly sure to very sure it is "Real Housewives" because the name of the show--Real Housewives of Beverly Hills--clues me in.

The reason you watch these shows has little or no bearing as to why I watch these shows, so it's absolutely fine if we have different standards.  One is not right, nor is the other wrong.  It's just a matter of opinion.

If I'm ever in doubt that I am posting about The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills,  I believe I can be reminded by the rich source of canine discussion, all of which I find fascinating. 

I never watched The Hills.  Just like I won't watch Summer House--my standards for reality TV.  

There is a certain level of stupidity and tackiness to which I will subscribe--otherwise I would be watching CSPAN or PBS somewhere--and there is an amount that I consider beyond the pale.  For me, the taglines, and the direction in which they have gone--making no sense ("In Beverly Hills, the truth has a way of rising to the surface" or whatever) is something that I find compellingly stupid enough upon which to comment, other posters' acceptance or lack thereof notwithstanding. 

The way that Shahs of Sunset opens is much more appealing to me.  Yes, I am aware that is a different show.  I am also aware that it appears that the sun rises in the east (even though the sun doesn't rise).  The tension between my observations and my curiosity is the reason why I read and comment, but I think I'm doing fine the way I am.  Not sure I need help being nudged in one or another direction.

------------------------------------------------

Oh, I don't like LVP.  I cannot stand her.  I am so glad she's leaving the show.  I think she's phony.  I would rather someone be an asshole than pretend to be real, and to be an asshole.  I find her odd to look at, and have since the beginning.  I believe she and her small husband have had their fair share of lawsuits.  I dislike the way LVP treats her peers one way, and treats other people--average Joes, if you will--another.  That is the height of snobbery.  If she leaves and the show gets cancelled, that's fine--I have quite a few other things with which to occupy my time on Tuesday nights.  Until that happens, I am happy to watch the show and comment on it. Has LVP done some great things for some dogs?  Yes, and I applaud her for it.  It doesn't change my overall opinion about her. 

I'm not particularly invested in the facts that this may not have been the best way and time for the rest of the cast to tell Lisa that they're sick of her--I'm just glad it's coming and it's here.  There are several other members of the cast--Dorit and Erika being two of them--who I believe are next up for a comeuppance.  I will watch until that happens and beyond. I may even comment.  And my comments will most definitely come from a different perspective from other people's.  I don't necessarily need reminders or updates about that.  I respect differences of opinion.  I'm not as keen on corrections as to how I am supposed to perceive the show.  Thanks all the same though!

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Oh, I don't like LVP.  I cannot stand her.  I am so glad she's leaving the show.  I think she's phony.  I would rather someone be an asshole than pretend to be real, and to be an asshole.  I find her odd to look at, and have since the beginning.  I believe she and her small husband have had their fair share of lawsuits.  I dislike the way LVP treats her peers one way, and treats other people--average Joes, if you will--another.  That is the height of snobbery.  If she leaves and the show gets cancelled, that's fine--I have quite a few other things with which to occupy my time on Tuesday nights.  Until that happens, I am happy to watch the show and comment on it. Has LVP done some great things for some dogs?  Yes, and I applaud her for it.  It doesn't change my overall opinion about her. 

I'm not particularly invested in the facts that this may not have been the best way and time for the rest of the cast to tell Lisa that they're sick of her--I'm just glad it's coming and it's here.  There are several other members of the cast--Dorit and Erika being two of them--who I believe are next up for a comeuppance.  I will watch until that happens and beyond. I may even comment.  And my comments will most definitely come from a different perspective from other people's.  I don't necessarily need reminders or updates about that.  I respect differences of opinion.  I'm not as keen on corrections as to how I am supposed to perceive the show.  Thanks all the same though!

I don't think that's confirmed?  Maybe I missed it?  

I also would like for Erika and Dorit to get their comeuppance, but I think I could handle them just not being on the show, instead.  Erika is totally boring to me, like watching paint dry, so if she's not going to get a season with a "bad edit" then I'd just as soon she was off my TV all together.

• Love 7

I think the big problem of this whole puppygate storyline is that the show/women are treating with the same level of drama as the Phaedra vs. Kandi drama of season 9 of RHOA and it just doesn't warrant that level of melodrama, especially given all the other things happening on the show that keep mysteriously not being addressed on the program.

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Ok, let's unpack this...

I never watched The Hills.  Just like I won't watch Summer House--my standards for reality TV.  

Oh God, I mean you can, but there’s really not much to “unpack.” We really do need a sarcasm font.

Summer House and The Hills are WORLDS apart. I tried with SH and it really sucks IMO (no offense to those who love it). But, The Hills: 😍🥰❤️. I even went to a Lauren Conrad book signing for the hell of it and it was spectacular fun. I love PBS. C-SPAN? I appreciate its purpose and will watch if there’s something of interest to me to see unfiltered, but, mostly, I’d rather watch Bravo.

099C8945-089F-48DB-90EF-1ECA0BEFBA23.jpeg

• Love 6
(edited)
32 minutes ago, 918lux said:

You didn’t miss it. Nothing has been confirmed. Everything is just speculation at this point.

I like your idea to drop Dorit and maybe keep Erika around for a bad edit season. She’s beyond due.

Edited by MrsWitter
  • Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Ok, let's unpack this:  I'm fairly sure to very sure it is "Real Housewives" because the name of the show--Real Housewives of Beverly Hills--clues me in.

The reason you watch these shows has little or no bearing as to why I watch these shows, so it's absolutely fine if we have different standards.  One is not right, nor is the other wrong.  It's just a matter of opinion.

If I'm ever in doubt that I am posting about The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills,  I believe I can be reminded by the rich source of canine discussion, all of which I find fascinating. 

There is a certain level of stupidity and tackiness to which I will subscribe--otherwise I would be watching CSPAN or PBS somewhere--and there is an amount that I consider beyond the pale.  For me, the taglines, and the direction in which they have gone--making no sense ("In Beverly Hills, the truth has a way of rising to the surface" or whatever) is something that I find compellingly stupid enough upon which to comment, other posters' acceptance or lack thereof notwithstanding. 

The way that Shahs of Sunset opens is much more appealing to me.  Yes, I am aware that is a different show.  I am also aware that it appears that the sun rises in the east (even though the sun doesn't rise).  The tension between my observations and my curiosity is the reason why I read and comment, but I think I'm doing fine the way I am.  Not sure I need help being nudged in one or another direction.

------------------------------------------------

Just wanted to say that I agree with this post. Because we are two different people with our own thought processes I often disagree with your opinion. That's fine, it makes life interesting and makes me see someone's viewpoint other than mine. I often learn something thru others eyes and sometimes change my mind. 

Edited by Reality police
Lost a word. Found it.
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Sorry - the photos/insurance information has already been discussed, so I deleted my comment.

Ah, I thought your comments helped expand on it all a bit... especially with the info about antiques and old cocktail rings. Thank you anyway!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MrsWitter said:

Ah, I thought your comments helped expand on it all a bit... especially with the info about antiques and old cocktail rings. Thank you anyway!

I'm sorry!!  🙂  It seemed like there was already plenty of discussion on the subject, and I didn't want to go too far off-topic!   Glad you were able to read it before I deleted it!  

• Love 1
(edited)

I think, and I honestly don't know for sure, but I think Kim was eluding to the fact that her income as a child movie star provided the income to buy the house in the first place. I think she feels that she's entitled to it because her income gave her mom the income to buy it. At least, that was my take. They might have "bought her out" but I think Kim is upset because she thought the house should just be hers. On principal, probably yes. That's a moral issue. Only cuz it's family. It would be like me telling my boss that I own her home because the work I did gave her the income to buy her house. My boss isn't my mom though. But that's in the normal world. Legally though, no. Kyle bought "her share" gave her the cash she needed, she spent it, and now she's pissed cuz the house her income originally bought is no longer hers.

Showbiz is a shady business folks. They say people in LA won't piss on you if your on fire. Actually, business in general is shady. My father, from a very young age, always told me to never do business with family. It fucks things up.

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, 918lux said:

I also would like for Erika and Dorit to get their comeuppance, but I think I could handle them just not being on the show, instead.  Erika is totally boring to me, like watching paint dry, so if she's not going to get a season with a "bad edit" then I'd just as soon she was off my TV all together.

I thought word on the street was that there is a point in the season when LVP refuses to film with everyone else, but it hasn't been confirmed, you're right.  There have been a lot of telltale details IRL, but nobody knows.

I actually find Erika really interesting, and I can see why one would think she is boring, because she doesn't really add anything.  I just find people interesting when I can't see how they tick.  I can never tell in advance what is going to come out of Erika's mouth, or how she is going to feel about something, so I'm always kind of on the edge of my seat as to how she is going to play this or that angle, whereas I feel like I have my finger on the pulse of who Kyle is, or Lisa Rinna is, so it's not as interesting to me. 

I think Erika's cold, callous, pompous, entitled, and even though Teddi turned out to be kind of a POS, the way Erika treated Teddi last season was so rude.  Ditto with Dorit (although she was also right that Dorit was a POS), but no one--not even Erika--knew it at the time, and I don't like how confrontational she is.  And she yelled at Kathryn at their first reunion--no one yells at Kathryn--my fave RHBH ever--and gets away with it on my watch!

3 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

Oh God, I mean you can, but there’s really not much to “unpack.” We really do need a sarcasm font.

Summer House and The Hills are WORLDS apart. I tried with SH and it really sucks IMO (no offense to those who love it). But, The Hills: 😍🥰❤️. I even went to a Lauren Conrad book signing for the hell of it and it was spectacular fun. I love PBS. C-SPAN? I appreciate its purpose and will watch if there’s something of interest to me to see unfiltered, but, mostly, I’d rather watch Bravo.

099C8945-089F-48DB-90EF-1ECA0BEFBA23.jpeg

I agree that there can be a lot lost in translation.  Since I have started posting regularly, I have modified my tone significantly to be more sensitive, because my joking can be read as passive aggression, and I don't want to put anyone on the defense.  I only try to be sarcastic toward the show.  I guess I would find a joking and/or teasing font to be helpful.  

I'm not completely opposed to the premise that I may act like a caustic and/or didactic asshole at times. When I get stressed in real work/life, sometimes it comes out in my posts, even though I come here to de-stress, so Catch 22. Anyway, namaste.  I need to Netflix and chill mee-self after the day I had.  

@Reality police, thank you for your kind post!  It's very cool.  

• Love 9
18 hours ago, Blondie said:

Lisa probably gave her a bag that was left in lost and found at her restaurant. LOL! Seriously, I'm sure Lisa did not spend a dime on this bag. It was gifted somehow. (or left in lost and found)

I only say this cuz my hubby works at a restaurant that serves high end folk. The lost and found is first picked over by the owner, then the GM, then managers, then it's a free for all.

• Love 3