Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E08: Showdown at Villa Rosa

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Giselle said:

I didn't and don't.

We never heard a word from Kathy about "Kim being screwed over",  she seemed satisfied with the outcomes. Kyle and Mauricio footed many of Kim's bills and also her portion of the upkeep & taxes on the mother's house and still allowed her use of it.

Kyle bought them both out and did say in their "Palm Springs" blowup she has the cancelled checks from both her and Kathy.  I'm sure they also signed quitclaim deeds & an agreenent. Kim wrongly assumed she could buy her share back whenever she wanted. 

I also want to say I remember that at one time they each had their own "Palm Springs" house along with their mother's. Kim didnt have her house any more but used her mother's home that they all shared. Kim took out loans against her interest in her mother's house, she never paid them back, and that was deducted from her final buyout share. They didn't deduct her unpaid share of expenses over the years, she got to skate on that.

Kim had sellers regret and didn't like being held to the agreements she had to have made to Kyle and/or Kathy when she asked for the loans. In court she would have lost. She screwed herself & her own own future interest.

Kyle and Mauricio owe Kim nothing.

P S. I love the public areas of Kyle's dessert house. The private rooms not so much from what I've seen.

I agree. Kim's story does not make any sense. I'm quite certain that there were legal contracts involved and that Kim was made aware of what she was signing. If she had seller's remorse, too fucking bad.

She admitted during the Palm Desert fight that she was paid the same as Kathy and that she knew about the sale well in advance. Kim asked them to have her daughter share the listing with Farrah.

Kim twisted that entire situation around in her head to suit her victimhood.

• Love 12
(edited)
23 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Does anyone else here used to watch South Park? Kyle was moving and a Goodbye Kyle party was being thrown - where Cartman didn't invite Kyle. Cartman even sang a  Goodbye Kyle song - I can't find it.

giphy.gif

141b.gif

This is the WW Crappens Podcast for RHONY - if you listen to the first 6 minutes - Ronnie and Ben made a song called Goodbye Kyle

https://play.acast.com/s/watchwhatcrappens/rhony-yourfishismycommand-livefromportland-

Is this it? Please no comments about the Jewish reference. I didn't write it. 

Edited by Reality police
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, KungFuBunny said:

Hi RealityPolice:

Yes this is the song - but not the entirety.

OT - every time you post a pic or video...I'm like a proud mama

tenor.gif

You taught me well, thank you. I have so much fun with it! 

I did find a longer clip from the show but not more of the song. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

No one is trying to diminish what Lisa has done. I think we're just trying to provide clarity to those individuals who aren't as familiar with the legislative process and keep conflating her resolution with something it absolutely unequivocally is not.

Not only is the resolution not what people seem to think it is, it's not even about Yulin.  In the Congressional Record, the title is unequivocal:  Urging all nations to outlaw the dog and cat meat trade.  Not ensure that they are treated humanely, or treated humanely during slaughter, but outlaw it entirely.

Yulin was mentioned in the original version, but not in the engrossed (official) version.  On the floor, Hastings mentioned people who "witnessed many of these things in Yulin and elsewhere," but that's it.  I think the more telling comment, and representative of the sentiment behind the resolution, was by Rep. Titus:  "In the United States, we cherish dogs and cats."

And that's where I find fault with Lisa's zeal about this resolution.  She's fine with eating certain kinds of meat herself, and she's very fine with making a fortune selling certain kinds of meat, but if it's the animal that she likes to dress up in little outfits, then NO!  You can't sell those for consumption.  Not even if humanely treated in the slaughtering process.  An outright ban on the trade

Because we're Americans and we cherish dogs and cats, so YOU don't get to eat them, rest of the world. 

Oh, but we'll continue to eat our cows and pigs and any other animal you might think (or God might tell you) should not be eaten because, well, because fuck you. 

[BTW, it just occurred to me that I don't think Lisa is even a U.S. citizen.  Why isn't she seeking action by her own government, instead of meddling in ours?  It's not like we're real huge these days on giving immigrants a voice, never mind one in Congress.  So we have a non-citizen persuading elected officials she can't vote for to urge the rest of the world to ban trading in the meat made of the animals she dresses in little outfits, but not the animals she doesn't dress in little outfits and in fact sells and eats herself.  Okay.]

Although on its own, a resolution is awfully terrible at doing either of those things because most people don't pay attention to the thousands of resolutions.

That "most people" might also include the people voting on them.  Back in the 1970s, the Texas Legislature unanimously passed a resolution honoring Albert de Salvo for his service to the community, including his efforts at population control and applied psychology.  Albert de Salvo is more commonly known as the Boston Strangler.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/the-ayes-of-texas/

• Love 9
On 4/3/2019 at 2:43 PM, Giselle said:

Yeah he did do something, he homed a small breed young puppy in a home with toddlers.

Mishandling by toddlers can make a tiny 0puppy nip in self defense or exhibit rough play. If it happens enough it becomes a behavior.  It's not the puppy or child's fault, it's the parents not monitoring their children and insisting on having a puppy and the adults at the adoption center who placed a tiny puppy with "tiny" kids.

Agree 100%. Hard to believe they would place pups in homes with small children. That should be top of the list of no-nos. It makes for a bad experience for both the kids and dogs. So much for "Dr" John's sage leadership...

• Love 7

Is this going to be the whole freakin season-about the dog??

Dorkus messed up and should never be allowed to have another animal. She is a pretentious Twit (spelled with an A).

I despise Erika! She really things she is all that-NOT!

• Love 9

I'm choosing to believe LVP leaked the dog story then went on TMZ to cover it up because that's the version of the truth that's the simplest and most entertaining for me. If I wanted to think about it some more, I'd say production set this all in motion to give us this storyline. I mean, if "who benefits" is the determining factor- Radar Online got name-dropped on TV, and this show has an epic battle to showcase (bonus- they can use old footage to fill time!). 

And, I'm grateful for it because it's drama about planting stories on a gossip website, which for me makes it entertaining without being deadly serious like some of the other friendship-ending drama on other HW shows.

• Love 3
On 4/3/2019 at 3:08 PM, Dance4Life said:

Kyle has been picking on Ken for a while....now! Got her daughters involved, too.  Kyle had that coming!

A8129FFB-B8B4-490F-868C-88D818401A8F.jpeg

I had to search thru the comments just to see this again. Love little Ken, but I'm dying. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
42 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Does anyone else here used to watch South Park? Kyle was moving and a Goodbye Kyle party was being thrown - where Cartman didn't invite Kyle. Cartman even sang a  Goodbye Kyle song - I can't find it.

giphy.gif

141b.gif

This is the WW Crappens Podcast for RHONY - if you listen to the first 6 minutes - Ronnie and Ben made a song called Goodbye Kyle

https://play.acast.com/s/watchwhatcrappens/rhony-yourfishismycommand-livefromportland-

It's on YouTube. South Park Good Bye Kyle.

It's sung to the old Steam song Na na na Kiss Him Good Bye.

Na na na na. Na na na na.  Hey hey hey. GOOD BYE KYLE!

1 hour ago, Giselle said:

Please, It's American humor. Just a bit of fun. One is supposed to laugh it off, not make such a big deal.

And where have we heard that before?

It's timing.  We just saw the fight.  Kyles's moved on from the event, but she has to write her blog like it just happened.  She's comes off dumb.  "Oh my friendship is over.  I had to for my daughters and truth and justice and Teddi's honor!"

Instagram, 5 minutes later......"Look at me with my lady handler!  We're tipsy. GOOD BYE KYLE. Tee hee hee.  GOODBYE MORALLY CORRUPT FAYE RESNIK.  Tee hee hee."

So her timing with the instagram didn't work with her blog.  

It's funny, to me, and people who see me know that i am a jabber/teaser.  So American humor that involves jabbing is a okay with me.  Except for children. Because their humor isn't evolved and they don't understand 

On the other hand, I would like to think that if a decade long friendship ended, I wouldn't publicly mock that person, with drunken friends and uber strangers.  In my home, with no cameras, yes!  But not publicly and with an Instagram story to broadcast it.

The same night I post a blog wallowing in "Feel sorry for me.  Grandpa, the guy who I encouraged my daughter to post a picture of him napping, yelled at me."

These people don't think anything through.

• Love 20
On 4/3/2019 at 12:52 AM, Dance4Life said:

What is people’s take when others start to promise or swear.......on their children, husband, parents, dog, etc..???

I find.....that this is for sure when they are lying!

LVP did it twice during the confrontation.

I was shaking my head....No..no...don’t go there.

Then LVP did it..again!

LMAO

I take it seriously. Years ago I had lied to my mom about something. She said “you promise on Scout’s (amazing 65 lb black mutt- I miss her so much) life you’re telling me the truth” and I was a blubbering mess of honesty. I couldn’t do it. 

• Love 17
(edited)

I just want to point out, that to me, the adult Kelmsleys will now and forever be considered human scum, and have been for some time, due to their ongoing association with attempted sexual slaver, George Alan O'Dowd, AKA, Boy George, AKA MAN WHO CHAINS PROSTITUTES TO WALLS WITHOUT CONSENT.  

Pig Kelmsley and Boy George should never have had visas granted to them. You’ve got a thief and rapist. 

Edited by kokapetl
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

I agree. Kim's story does not make any sense. I'm quite certain that there were legal contracts involved and that Kim was made aware of what she was signing. If she had seller's remorse, too fucking bad.

She admitted during the Palm Desert fight that she was paid the same as Kathy and that she knew about the sale well in advance. Kim asked them to have her daughter share the listing with Farrah.

Kim twisted that entire situation around in her head to suit her victimhood.

Did Kathy refute it? 

• Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, Higgins said:

I always thought there was some truth to Kim's claim however convoluted.

I didn't then, but in light of how ugly-spirited Kyle has revealed herself to be & the Feds investigating her husband's dirty dealings,  I no longer think it would be impossible for them to make it look kosher,  while also screwing Kim out of 30 or 40 K along the way.  They feel like grifters to me now -- emotional and financial - building a public image based on lies/a social media hard sell/reality tv bullshit.  (And her bestie being Resnick never sat well with me - my god, what kind of corrupt asshole is best friends with that piece of shit?)

Edited by film noire
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 20

I thought the house business was cleared up seasons ago. I forgot the exact details, but I remember Kyle’s story made sense to me. Didn’t she say Kim was not in a position to keep the house, Kyle bought out both sisters, and Kim’s own daughter helped sell it? I remember Kim yelling “you’re lying!” but not having any details like Kyle did. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
9 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I thought the house business was cleared up seasons ago. I forgot the exact details, but I remember Kyle’s story made sense to me. 

Made sense to me too -- back then -- but it's not like a forensic accountant went though the records and publicly validated Kyle's explanation of what went down. 

And with Mauricio being investigated by the Feds for illegal real estate transactions, I'm no longer eager to give Kyle the benefit of the doubt. Has anybody other than Kyle validated her version of what happened?  What was Kim's buy-out? And who assessed the property for the buy-out -- Mauricio?  A friend of his? Kyle (iirc) claimed they lost money selling at 450K, but you know, she's a fucking liar about alot of things, so I take that with a mountain of salt. 

And I'm not saying this in defense of Kim, btw -- I'm not a fan of any of the Hilton/Richard sisters. Watching Kyle, Kim and Kathy (the KKK) in that pilot (aristos solving world problems one "bum" at a time in Beverly Hills) was repugnant. All three seem tattered & damaged to me, likely courtesy of Big Kathy (and my god, that nickname makes her sound like a mob enforcer: Big Kathy said you gotta pay or we take your kids. And lungs.)  I'm just questioning the idea (one I accepted myself) that Kyle waving a check at the camera - and her addled sister -  is definitive proof.  Maybe it was all on the up and up - but looking back, I  wish Kim had been able to cogently explain her reasoning, instead of fumbling her way through that scene.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 16
(edited)
2 hours ago, Higgins said:

Did Kathy refute it? 

AFAIK, Kathy has never commented on it publicly at all. 

1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

I thought the house business was cleared up seasons ago. I forgot the exact details, but I remember Kyle’s story made sense to me. Didn’t she say Kim was not in a position to keep the house, Kyle bought out both sisters, and Kim’s own daughter helped sell it? I remember Kim yelling “you’re lying!” but not having any details like Kyle did. 

At the time Kyle bought out her sisters, Kim already owned a house in the same neighborhood that her mother bought for her.  Somewhere down the line, Kim either lost or sold her house and wanted to buy back into her mom's for $20,000. That was less than Kyle/Mo paid her and they had taken out a mortgage to make improvements. They (rightfully or wrongly) told her no, but still allowed her and her children to use it whenever they wanted. Kim never contributed a dime to the upkeep/utilities. When the Umanskys decided to sell, Kim's daughter Brooke shared the listing with Farrah at Kim's request. If Kim wanted that house so damn bad, she should have put in an offer. With her alimony and child support at that time, she should've been able to swing it if she truly wanted it. She just wanted it handed to her because she convinced herself that she was the sole support of her family and they OWED it to her.

I don't know if Mauricio is always on the up-and-up when it comes to business and Kyle isn't my favorite housewife right now, but I've never believed Kim's story.

Edited by Rosiejuliemom
  • Useful 3
  • Love 11

It’s obvious that Kyle stole the house from Kim. It was a family tradition. They all stole from Kim’s income as a child star while they kept her drugged up and addled to the point where she couldn’t ask where all of her money went.

Kim is just another example of a child star exploited by her family. This whole show started as a cynical exploitation of Kim as she was by far the most well know person in the original lineup. I know I first tuned in because of my affection (teenage lust) for Kim.

I know Kim would agree that you can never say it enough.

GET OUT KYLE!!!!!!!

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

AFAIK, Kathy has never commented on it publicly at all. 

At the time Kyle bought out her sisters, Kim already owned a house in the same neighborhood that her mother bought for her.  Somewhere down the line, Kim either lost or sold her house and wanted to buy back into her mom's for $20,000. That was less than Kyle/Mo paid her and they had taken out a mortgage to make improvements. They (rightfully or wrongly) told her no, but still allowed her and her children to use it whenever they wanted. Kim never contributed a dime to the upkeep/utilities. When the Umanskys decided to sell, Kim's daughter Brooke shared the listing with Farrah at Kim's request. If Kim wanted that house so damn bad, she should have put in an offer. With her alimony and child support at that time, she should've been able to swing it if she truly wanted it. She just wanted it handed to her because she convinced herself that she was the sole support of her family and they OWED it to her.

I don't know if Mauricio is always on the up-and-up when it comes to business and Kyle isn't my favorite housewife right now, but I've never believed Kim's story.

Thanks for the clarification.

You have it right. I was just going off of what I seemed to remember from 3 or 4 seasons ago. 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, langford peel said:

This whole show started as a cynical exploitation of Kim as she was by far the most well know person in the original lineup. I know I first tuned in because of my affection (teenage lust) for Kim.

Weirdly enough, I knew Kyle better. I remembered her as a nurse on ER and had never seen anything that Kim had been in.

11 minutes ago, Giselle said:

Thanks for the clarification.

You have it right. I was just going off of what I seemed to remember from 3 or 4 seasons ago. 

I just did a rewatch of the Palm Desert fight last week, so it's still fairly fresh. What I had for lunch yesterday, on the other hand...

I kind of want to rewatch this episode and see if I missed anything during the fight. Dunno if I will as it was pretty painful to watch. I thought that both of them were hurt about what went down, but I'm not so sure anymore. Kyle's video was pretty telling.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Reality police said:

Ok, I'm probably gonna tick somebody off but this is how I feel about the Resolution vs Bill tutorial at this point. It has been explained to the death. Let it go. Please, for Lucy, let it go. If there is any one who doesn't understand by now, it's hopeless. 

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=city+slickers+quotes+vcr&&view=detail&mid=FEB3899E5AAAF77CB516FEB3899E5AAAF77CB516&&FORM=VRDGAR

Yeah.  We get it.  Thanks.  

• Love 5
7 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

giphy.gif

141b.gif

Me! Me!

My cats are Ike and Kyle.

• LOL 7

While I don’t think Kyle out and out swindled Kim for the house, I do think that her alcohol addled brain made her a lot more persuadable regarding the decision making. And she probably regretted some things later on

• Love 8

As I understand, Kim is now living in a condo that is owned by Kyle.  Do you think she pays rent?  I doubt it cause she doesn't have any income.

I don't believe for a second that Kyle stole Kim's house.  Kyle and Mauricio have been supplementing Kim's income for years.  Especially since her kids are grown and there's no child support coming in.  Kim's been in an alcoholic blur for years.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
On 4/3/2019 at 10:22 AM, Natasha said:

Has anyone given any thought that production might have leaked the story to throw fuel on the conflict for a storyline? They were there filming and knew ALL the details. I work for a dog rescue foundation, and negative publicity isn't beneficial to the foundation of any kind or for any reason.

I also believe Bravo and Satan Andy would throw anyone under the bus for ratings. Andy salivates at Howives cat fighting. Once Teresa flipped the table, the franchise has never been the same.

Kyle is a bitch and exhibits no loyalty to Lisa whatsoever.  Makes one wonder exactly how she treated Kim regardless of Kim's personal issues. 

Absolutely, it seems so obvious that Lisa isn´t behind this. Not saying she´s unable to do something underhanded, but she would be smoother about it and look out for her own interests.

I remember when the show started, I felt so sorry for Kim because Kyle was not nice to her, talked down to her in a very mean way, considering that Kim was older and had accomplished more in many ways. She always acted like Kim was such a stupid little thing that had to be taken care of. Kim proved later that she had deserved it but... I am now doubting some of it, since Kyle is a pure bitch with no loyalties. I never saw it coming that she would mess up so badly with LVP though.

I truly hope that none of these disgusting creatures (Rinna, Erika, Kyle, Teddy) can come back from this. Dorit isn´t even worthy of being mentioned, she´s so everything bad and stupid, so only her supporters really deserve to suffer. For me they are the real monsters (even though she is obviously a monster for the way she has lied and what she did to little Lucy).

• Love 23
(edited)

I’ll admit I haven’t even made a dent in most of this thread yet (most because I just don’t care about anything related to puppygate anymore ... everything has been said ad nauseum). I just wanted to see if anyone else finds Lisa’s obsession with dog meat a bit hypocritical/racist?

As far as I know, Lisa is not vegan. She owns many, many, many leather goods (worth probably millions).  Unless she is also protesting and campaigning against the atrocities of mainstream American dairy and farming practices, which can be as horrific as the dog meat trade, her obsession with dog meat has a whiff of xenophobia to me.  We have never even heard her discuss procuring only locally-sourced, ethically raised meat and dairy for her restaurants. That whole spectacle about the condemning of dog meat really rubbed me the wrong way when she is hardly an activist on our farming atrocities here or the hideous treatment of animals by the fashion industry. 

Am I missing something about this? If I am, please let me know!  If this has already been discussed extensively I apologize. This thread is a beast!

Edited by jkitty
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Not only is the resolution not what people seem to think it is, it's not even about Yulin.  In the Congressional Record, the title is unequivocal:  Urging all nations to outlaw the dog and cat meat trade.  Not ensure that they are treated humanely, or treated humanely during slaughter, but outlaw it entirely.

Yulin was mentioned in the original version, but not in the engrossed (official) version.  On the floor, Hastings mentioned people who "witnessed many of these things in Yulin and elsewhere," but that's it.  I think the more telling comment, and representative of the sentiment behind the resolution, was by Rep. Titus:  "In the United States, we cherish dogs and cats."

And that's where I find fault with Lisa's zeal about this resolution.  She's fine with eating certain kinds of meat herself, and she's very fine with making a fortune selling certain kinds of meat, but if it's the animal that she likes to dress up in little outfits, then NO!  You can't sell those for consumption.  Not even if humanely treated in the slaughtering process.  An outright ban on the trade

Because we're Americans and we cherish dogs and cats, so YOU don't get to eat them, rest of the world. 

Oh, but we'll continue to eat our cows and pigs and any other animal you might think (or God might tell you) should not be eaten because, well, because fuck you. 

[BTW, it just occurred to me that I don't think Lisa is even a U.S. citizen.  Why isn't she seeking action by her own government, instead of meddling in ours?  It's not like we're real huge these days on giving immigrants a voice, never mind one in Congress.  So we have a non-citizen persuading elected officials she can't vote for to urge the rest of the world to ban trading in the meat made of the animals she dresses in little outfits, but not the animals she doesn't dress in little outfits and in fact sells and eats herself.  Okay.]

That "most people" might also include the people voting on them.  Back in the 1970s, the Texas Legislature unanimously passed a resolution honoring Albert de Salvo for his service to the community, including his efforts at population control and applied psychology.  Albert de Salvo is more commonly known as the Boston Strangler.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/the-ayes-of-texas/

Ok so I am not alone this this! Totally agree with everything you said here. 

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, jkitty said:

I’ll admit I haven’t even made a dent in most of this thread yet (most because I just don’t care about anything related to puppygate anymore ... everything has been said ad nauseum). I just wanted to see if anyone else finds Lisa’s obsession with dog meat a bit hypocritical/racist?

As far as I know, Lisa is not vegan. She owns many, many, many leather goods (worth probably millions).  Unless she is also protesting and campaigning against the atrocities of mainstream American dairy and farming practices, which can be as horrific as the dog meat trade, her obsession with dog meat has a whiff of xenophobia to me.  We have never even heard her discuss procuring only locally-sourced, ethnically raised meat and dairy for her restaurants. That whole spectacle about the condemning of dog meat really rubbed me the wrong way when she is hardly an activist on our farming atrocities here or the hideous treatment of animals by the fashion industry. 

Am I missing something about this? If I am, please let me know!  If this has already been discussed extensively I apologize. This thread is a beast!

It becomes complicated when it comes to people and their passion/caring about animals and I typically don't become involved in such discussions. But, here we go: 

I feel like LVP is doing a good thing as an advocate for dogs. However, is it inconsistent that she eats/serves meat in her restaurants? Yes. The conditions many cattle are raised in are atrocious unless they are open range/grass fed. Same with chickens/eggs. as far as her advocating for making it illegal to eat dogs in other parts of the world, it seems like a huge task when we have our own cruelty issues on this continent. But despite the inconsistencies, anyone who has a dog rescue is doing something to help. I kinda shrug my shoulders at the rest.

Wonding if this is going off-topic and should be taken to the Vandperpump thread............

• Love 5

For me, this whole season boils down to two underlying things: Kyle's paranoia (that Lisa is secretly out to get her and her cast mates (but mostly her) and her ongoing mission to prove it) and two, head-in-ass syndrome (like we all care so much about these reality stars getting to keep their dirtiest secrets. They may hold that sacrosanct, but as a viewer I sure don't).

The Goodbye Kyle challenge I find sort of horrible, sort of funny, mostly cringey. It's try hard from Kyle and Teddi (I'm laughing, dontcha see...lauggghhhing about it!). And it's mean from Rinna and Erika. Mean as in show us how "spiteful and ugly you are" mean.  Neither of them had any skin in the game at all. Well, other than Rinna's longtime grudge against Lisa, and competitive Erika's hatred of Lisa, but side issue.

Biggest loser of the season was Teddi as she had a lot of fan love last year, and it looks like she's lost a lot of that.  Kyle is in second for this prize.

Biggest winner of the season was Lisa as most viewers appear to side with her and even many viewers who find her underhanded and manipulative have had to draw the line at the lack of evidence about the story planting and/or the ganging up.

• Love 24
(edited)

I’m so over the puppy gate crap. Can’t stand Dorit, Ericka. Goofy Rinna and Teddy. If this is all they do is gang up on LVP, i’m Done. Buh bye bitches

Edited by yaya717
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

It becomes complicated when it comes to people and their passion/caring about animals and I typically don't become involved in such discussions. But, here we go: 

I feel like LVP is doing a good thing as an advocate for dogs. However, is it inconsistent that she eats/serves meat in her restaurants? Yes. The conditions many cattle are raised in are atrocious unless they are open range/grass fed. Same with chickens/eggs. as far as her advocating for making it illegal to eat dogs in other parts of the world, it seems like a huge task when we have our own cruelty issues on this continent. But despite the inconsistencies, anyone who has a dog rescue is doing something to help. I kinda shrug my shoulders at the rest.

Wonding if this is going off-topic and should be taken to the Vandperpump thread............

I also think Lisa is making a difference, so I like what she’s doing. I also love that she’s for the LGBT community and feeds the homeless. I find her work ethic and activism inspiring, but at the same time I also agree with inconsistent.

I don’t think Lisa herself is racist, but I do think there are SOME people who are quick to judge other cultures. That is racist. Others are just blind to their hypocrisy.

I find all the posts about this very interesting as a vegetarian but also don’t know if we’re getting off topic. Shall we take this discussion to her thread? 

• Love 2
(edited)
9 hours ago, jkitty said:

As far as I know, Lisa is not vegan. She owns many, many, many leather goods (worth probably millions).  Unless she is also protesting and campaigning against the atrocities of mainstream American dairy and farming practices, which can be as horrific as the dog meat trade, her obsession with dog meat has a whiff of xenophobia to me.  We have never even heard her discuss procuring only locally-sourced, ethically raised meat and dairy for her restaurants. That whole spectacle about the condemning of dog meat really rubbed me the wrong way when she is hardly an activist on our farming atrocities here or the hideous treatment of animals by the fashion industry. 

Again, the (or, rather, a) difference--at least in terms specific to that shit-show Yulin festival celebrated by garbage people--is that the dogs are exploited, taunted, humiliated, tortured, and abused, publicly for "fun," "entertainment," and "tradition" because, per the deviant degenerates who take part, the fear makes the meat taste better. It's not xenophobia. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 11
(edited)

I thought Lisa's issue with eating dog meat pertained mostly to the Yulin festival, where the dogs are tortured and terrorized before being killed, because it's believed that the chemicals/hormones released during stress makes the meat taste better. 

It might be hypocritical but I don't see racism or xenophobia.  Lisa is against any mistreatment of dogs, no matter who does it.  I'm sure if someone had to eat dog meat to survive, she'd be fine with it.  (Pretty sure.)

Edited by AuntiePam
Ninja'd by Tattle Teeny
  • Love 12

3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I also think Lisa is making a difference, so I like what she’s doing. I also love that she’s for the LGBT community and feeds the homeless. I find her work ethic and activism inspiring, but at the same time I also agree with inconsistent.

I don’t think Lisa herself is racist, but I do think there are SOME people who are quick to judge other cultures. That is racist. Others are just blind to their hypocrisy.

I find all the posts about this very interesting as a vegetarian but also don’t know if we’re getting off topic. Shall we take this discussion to her thread? 

Hey all! I took my (probably unpopular) response to Lisa’s thread because it feels like we might be veering too far off topic for the mods.

(edited)
10 hours ago, jkitty said:

I just wanted to see if anyone else finds Lisa’s obsession with dog meat a bit hypocritical/racist?

No.

(As to why,  google Yulin -  I don't want to put details here, because they're just too horrifying.)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

Again, the (or, rather, a) difference--at least in terms specific to that shit-show Yulin festival celebrated by garbage people--is that the dogs are exploited, taunted, humiliated, tortured, and abused, publicly for "fun," "entertainment," and "tradition" because, per the deviant degenerates who take part, the fear makes the meat taste better. It's not xenophobia. 

The Yulin festival is also extremely new. A decade and a half ago, there was no such thing. I think it's definitely suspect of people to call LVP racist in relation to Yulin, since there is no cultural history around this particular festival. It just means that people assumed that the eating of cats and dogs was the norm in Asian countries. That is something that has been proven false multiple times throughout history. And has been decried as racist since the 50's.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

Haha, oops--that's why I put "tradition" in quotation marks -- but then I got all fired up and aggro and put them around the other words too so my mockery of "tradition" got lost.

But, on that note, even if it were something that went back 1,000 years, there's no excuse for that kind of reprehensible behavior and cruelty, especially for such a stupid and fleeting reason like the taste of the food. Garbage people who deserve the same done to them.

Oooh, the aggro came back. (Once, I yelled at some dude who was really just doing his job, I suppose, at a big carnival thing. He was posted at "the world's largest rat" attraction, and the rat--who was, I think, a capybara--was in a cage so small that it couldn't turn or move. He just stared straight ahead. It was awful. I don't even know what the point of that shit was because it didn't make money; I saw it plain as day and I would never pay for a thing like that. My friend Dave had to use a soft voice and gently guide me away, as I rambled about karma and vengeance or some shit, with the promise of beer [though, typing this now, I wonder if I'd already had a few at that point. Yeesh].)

I could be incorrect but I think Lisa takes part in not just yelling about how wrong it is but also helps to bring Yulin dogs here and facilitate their adoptions.

One last edit--I'll stop, I swear: until I read @MrsWitter's post in the LVP thread, I had completely forgotten all about the fact that, often, the dogs that are assaulted in this festival are pets who are stolen. So there's also that. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 11
(edited)

I tried to take this to Lisa’s thread because it feels more appropriate there, but nobody will join me. I do want to point out briefly that the House Resolution is about ALL dog and cat meat worldwide, not just Yulin. 

My more extensive response is on Lisa’s thread.

Edited by MrsWitter
  • Love 5
50 minutes ago, film noire said:

(As to why,  google Yulin -  I don't want to put details here, because they're just too horrifying.)

Hugs and thanks for not posting the details!  I'm having to FF through posts because I simply can't handle knowing the nitty gritty about Yulin.  However, I do applaud those who can tackle this issue and ones like it head on.  Kadooz to LVP for not just paying it lip service, but for taking steps to bring awareness to the issue.  Her involvement could be the ripple in the pond that eventually makes a difference.  You just never know what that one step can lead to in the future. 

So while Kyle & company are busy bitching about whether LVP is a manipulator or not, they all look very petty sitting next to a woman who has put her heart, money and time out there in order to do something meaningful.  Go right ahead Kyle and worry about replacing your stolen jewelry.   I know that some of it was her mother's stuff, but in the end it's not going to matter.  It's just stuff.   Erika can continue to improve her 'pat the puss' tour.  Rinna will continue to be a shit stirrer.  Teddi should worry about her own damn self.  And Dorit will continue to be a poser.  It's all in a day for a Beverly Hills HW.  

• Love 24
16 hours ago, halkatla said:

Absolutely, it seems so obvious that Lisa isn´t behind this. Not saying she´s unable to do something underhanded, but she would be smoother about it and look out for her own interests.

I remember when the show started, I felt so sorry for Kim because Kyle was not nice to her, talked down to her in a very mean way, considering that Kim was older and had accomplished more in many ways. She always acted like Kim was such a stupid little thing that had to be taken care of. Kim proved later that she had deserved it but... I am now doubting some of it, since Kyle is a pure bitch with no loyalties. I never saw it coming that she would mess up so badly with LVP though.

I truly hope that none of these disgusting creatures (Rinna, Erika, Kyle, Teddy) can come back from this. Dorit isn´t even worthy of being mentioned, she´s so everything bad and stupid, so only her supporters really deserve to suffer. For me they are the real monsters (even though she is obviously a monster for the way she has lied and what she did to little Lucy).

Kyle treated Kim like shit. She was such a bitch to her. I don't believe Kim deserved it. She had an addiction problem, was broke, and had no life skills (except making juice and chicken salad). Plus she has a kid with schizophrenia which requires full-time maintenance and care, and she doesn't have a lot of skills in general. To pick on her is unfair because she's already struggling, and she really can't fight back. Kyle just picked on her so much and I seriously think Kim will be better off without Kyle in her life. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
On 4/5/2019 at 11:12 PM, Ginger said:

Let's just sum this up:

• Dorit - Big phony - she did it. Gave the dog away to avoid facing Lisa's questions about why TWO dogs didn't work out (and paying the $5000 which she and Peee Kaay don't have). Way to go enlisting the other sheep and throwing your friend under the bus.
  • Kyle - nice try, it's obvious why your acting career didn't work out ("I'm just torn, Lisa is my friend!")
  • Teddi - way to deflect your obvious participation and come out looking good. Shameful. Liked you last season, but this season you suck.
  • Lisa R. - gotta admire your ability to stir it up, but you should be ashamed, too.
  • Erika - you are smarter than this. Your envy is showing.
  • Lisa V. - not completely innocent, because she is obviously passionate about dog rescue. BUT don't believe she would have publicized anything to embarrass Dumbass Dorit and she is being ganged up on. 
  • Camille - gets it. 

This season is not fun to watch except I really like the addition of Denise Richards.

You are my spirit animal.   #amen to every last thing you said.  

• Love 9