Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E08: Showdown at Villa Rosa

• Start Topic

(edited)
24 minutes ago, dosodog said:

I can help out!  

Ericka- up until recently, she's stayed out of a lot of it.  Lately though, she's insulting and clapping back people who are ticking her off.

Dorit- non existent unless she's retweeting something.  Last one was a tweet from Marlo,RHOA, complimenting Dorit's fashion.

Kyle- she's defensive.  Someone called her Vile Kyle and she blasted them.  So then Kyle's fans dig up personal info on the tweeter, threaten her job.  Kyle gets torn apart for that. Deletes it all.

LVP- coy and thanking fans for support and promoting world's greatest dog show.

Lisa Rinna- a study in narcissism. Trashing fans, trashing LVP, trashing Nicolette Sheridan.  Over the top praise for ho wives.  Broadway musicals.

Teddi- painful.  Really a study in modern bloodsport.  She can't let any of it go and responds more than anyone.  Justifying is a theme.

Teddi, Rinna and Dorit just get slaughtered.  And that's an understatement.  Ericka's fans are a match for Vanderpuppits.  I've seen a few nasty, threatening posts.  Most people are just laying into them.  Lots of posts are "no longer available"--that's recent, not sure why.

This isn't scientific by any means, but they really underestimated the passion for puppies and LVP.

adorable puppies GIF

I love you for this. I've been trying to keep up with Twitter, but sometimes it makes my blood pressure spike. Erika, Rinna, and Teddi are especially annoying. Erika was particularly hostile last week.

Also, yay doggy parade! Can these guys come, too?

giphy (3).gif

tenor.gif

Edited by Rosiejuliemom
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Dixie Sugarbaker said:

Wasn’t Nene in the Bahamas at the same time as the HWs. Didn’t she meet up with a few of them? Isn’t she mad at LVP cause she stole Nene’s nonexistent bar?  Maybe the HW that gave them the story is Nene - she is mean, thirsty and broke enough to sell ROL the story. 

Is Nene that bad? I don't watch ATL. Maybe I'm naive, but I don't see the other RHOBH being behind all this. Rinna can be a mess, but she seems pretty open with her messiness. Just don't talk about the husband! Kyle hasn't been the best friend to LVP, but I don't think she has it in her to be so cruel. Dorit's wealth and accent may be questionable, but again I don't think it would be her. This is all so weird. I initially thought it was someone else at Vanderpump Dogs or someone totally random who got word of what happened. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, RealHousewife said:

Is Nene that bad? I don't watch ATL. Maybe I'm naive, but I don't see the other RHOBH being behind all this. Rinna can be a mess, but she seems pretty open with her messiness. Just don't talk about the husband! Kyle hasn't been the best friend to LVP, but I don't think she has it in her to be so cruel. Dorit's wealth and accent may be questionable, but again I don't think it would be her. This is all so weird. I initially thought it was someone else at Vanderpump Dogs or someone totally random who got word of what happened. 

Nene is a minion of Satan. She would do this in her sleep. 

Delving further, she has at the end of her run on RHOA. She has cut herself off from most of them. She loves LA, thinks she has an acting career, and needs to get out of the Atl. Maybe she is adding fuel to the fire to get LVP off the show so they have a vacancy? 

She is truly evil and pissed at LVP. 

tumblr_mzpipceK1w1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13
32 minutes ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

I love you for this. I've been trying to keep up with Twitter, but sometimes it makes my blood pressure spike. Erika, Rinna, and Teddi are especially annoying. Erika was particularly hostile last week.

Also, yay doggy parade! Can these guys come, too?

giphy (3).gif

tenor.gif

Only if  you include Duncan, the happiest dog on two legs.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Only if  you include Duncan, the happiest dog on two legs.

That dog can go anywhere he wants any time he wants.

LLAJ and I will borrow Tom's plane (if he can still afford it) to go pick him up.

As for the story leaker, most of them have a plausible motive. Dorit would do it as a distraction from financial problems, Kyle because it would help create problems for Lisa, Erika because she hates Dorit, Rinna because she hates Lisa, Teddi because she hates Dorit and is mad at Lisa, Lisa because she is mad at Dorit.

Hell, at this point, who knows? Maybe Denise leaked it accidentally when she got super-baked at the reception and started chatting with Rinna's paparazzi friend.

• LOL 16
  • Love 5
56 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Let me leave you with just a little taste of Nene.  Perhaps it will answer your question:

https://pagesix.com/2017/10/09/nene-leakes-wishes-rape-on-heckler-at-comedy-show/

• Love 3
14 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Agreed. I think they get duped and then get angry at LVP for duping them (even though they let themselves get duped). Except for Erika. I don't think she was ever duped by LVP. But I think she's angry she has had to "play nice" with LVP for the sake of the show.

To be clear, I don't think there are any victims in this situation. But that includes LVP. Though I do feel for her in her time of tragedy.

14 hours ago, byrd said:

My point exactly, we who have followed this series from the beginning know who and what Lisa V is. I personally like how she can manipulate these idiots, I like her catty behavior, she plays to win.... example: (Vanderpump Rules) her own show .. We have known her for several seasons now, the dumbass castmates of RHOBH are still trying to figure it out.. Lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You've gotta hand it to her, she's good. LOL. She has a way of making anyone who tries to come at her look very bad. They always end up attacking her in her home, when she's grieving, etc. She's got them nit-picking over whether and how often she speaks to John Blizzard, screenshotting text message convos that make them look bad, as well, taking pictures of thank-you notes and all the while, LVP remains poised, confident, calm and in control or seeming rightfully hurt. No matter what she does (and what she does is often very hard to pin down and prove), anyone who tries to call her out ends up looking crazy, paranoid or petty. It's brilliant, they only wish they could do what she does. 

• Love 6
On 4/3/2019 at 2:30 PM, Higgins said:

That never happened. We don't legislate for China. 

What never happened? I’m talking about bringing the bill to the House floor - in the US.

On 4/3/2019 at 4:42 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

Worse than a bullshit artist is a hypocrite, especially an unacknowledged hypocrite. 

She just has a thing for dogs and therefore thinks nobody should eat them.  Well, plenty of people have a thing about eating cows or pigs, and some of them have God on their side.  Yet Lisa apparently doesn't think she has to listen to them about that.  Of course, that's not an American telling Asian savages what to do, so she's probably right.

It was a house resolution, not a bill that makes law.  Here's another one that passed during that session of Congress:  "Designates the Democratic Cloakroom in the Hall of the House of Representatives in the U.S. Capitol as the 'Gabrielle Giffords-Leo J. Ryan Cloakroom.'"  At least that one's enforceable.

Other house resolutions passed in that session that might have enforcement problems similar to the dog-meat denunciation include condemning the persecution of Christians around the world, Nicaragua's persecution of peaceful protesters, and the Iranian regime (although I'll note that that last one actually said, "Respects the history and culture of the Iranian nation," which is more than I can say for the countries named in the dog-meat resolution). 

Needless to say, I thought the champagne cork popping at the viewing party was a little much, and was actually vicariously embarrassed for them when they so intently watched it on C-SPAN and they all stood there with befuddled looks on their faces, and called the congressman's office to find out what happened. 

It was definitely embarrassing that they didn’t understand the vote but I think it deserves credit. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I don't think Nene did it...but Nene is human garbage. Easily the most narcissistic of any HW I can recall (and that's saying a lot). She is shameless about the lengths she will go to justify her own bad behaviour but then thinks she has space to get on her soapbox and lecture people on how to act. She's just vile...but she throws out some great lines in her THs which makes me laugh though.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, babykin said:

What never happened? I’m talking about bringing the bill to the House floor - in the US.

It was definitely embarrassing that they didn’t understand the vote but I think it deserves credit. 

There was no bill brought to the floor. This didn't occur. There was no legislation voted upon. 

• Love 2
(edited)
21 minutes ago, babykin said:

It was embarrassing; but when the aide told them the resolution had passed I thought that was one of the most genuinely happy reactions I have ever seen on this show and their joy made me smile.  I wish there could be more of these type scenes...

Edited by FlyingEgret
it's early on a Friday morning...
  • Love 21
28 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I find it curious that the defense of LVP is either a). she's not manipulative or b). she's better at manipulation than the rest of them. It can't be both.

Does any one person believe both those things, because yes that would be curious. But she does have some fans that believe one way and others that believe the other. That’s not abnormal  

Lisa is a bitch. And often times a mean bitch. And while I understand the people who say she could be doing more for all animals, there is no issue that I care enough about to fund raise, deal with politicians, or really leave my house for. Except maybe bringing back Television Without Pity 🙂. So while this “resolution” may only be symbolic, I still give her some credit for the work she does put in. 

• Love 15
10 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

Thanks for the breakdown, dosodog! Don’t forget Rinna: mocking Catholics on Ash Wednesday and threatening legal action if LVP gets a VPD spin-off (although, I guess this fits under “narcissism” too).

Rinna.  It would take an entire forum page to discuss the cesspool that is her account.

She has brought up "what about the husband" in the last week(?).  Possibly 2 weeks.  LEAVE JP ALONE.  Come at me but leave Harry and JP out of it.  Rinna also included an unverifiable post from JP that appears to be friendly and dismissive of the rumor.

The vast majority of people are confused and are being told to Google it.

But I think Rinna enjoys it all.  She thrives on the negative stuff people say.  

• Love 10
3 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

You've gotta hand it to her, she's good. LOL. She has a way of making anyone who tries to come at her look very bad. They always end up attacking her in her home, when she's grieving, etc. She's got them nit-picking over whether and how often she speaks to John Blizzard, screenshotting text message convos that make them look bad, as well, taking pictures of thank-you notes and all the while, LVP remains poised, confident, calm and in control or seeming rightfully hurt. No matter what she does (and what she does is often very hard to pin down and prove), anyone who tries to call her out ends up looking crazy, paranoid or petty. It's brilliant, they only wish they could do what she does. 

She can flip the narrative without them even realizing what happened. By the time they figure it out it's over.

• Love 6

After watching both Lisa and Kyle interact over the seasons I don't think either one is losing very much with the cessation of their friendship.

As a viewer I'll lose out because I find the show more entertaining when they're together.

As a viewer I'll really lose out if I have to watch the weeping and the wailing and the rending of garments over this on top of the Dorit Didn't Love Lucy fiasco show.

Sigh, some seasons are just hard........

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
(edited)
11 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I think it's less because LVP is the star of the show and more because they feel she's overdue for a bad edit. It's like a make-up Oscar. Russell Crowe should have been nominated for LA Confidential; he should have won for the Insider. He wins for Gladiator. Denzel should have won for Malcolm X, but wins for Training Day.

And if these Beverly Hills Housewives deigned to talk to the folks over on Vanderpump Rules, they'd know that LVP has been shadier than shit with the SURvers and barely hid it. It's actually a near revolt in the Vanderpump Rules cast with the Toms, Ariana, Katie, Jax, Kristen, and Stassi letting details slip out this season. The reason they're doing this us because they know LVP needs them more than she is ever willing to let on. Their presence at her eateries is big part of her business model. So even though she's partnered with the Toms, she's done a number of things to deliberately undermine the Toms' claim of any minimal ownership interest.

Do I think LVP planted the story? Maybe. Or an employee or friend planted it. I have a hard time believing that one of the women strategically planted it to subtly undermine LVP. For the most part, the women on this franchise have always had a hard time sublimating their egos let alone to undermine a rival. However, I'm pretty sure it's happened a number of times on some of the east coast franchises when the hurt feelings have been really deep.

Don't sleep on this one.. they are capable of anything at this point. Most especially Lisa Rhinna. Radar reported that the story was planted by a housewife that was not LVP. Listen it could have been one wife NOT a part of RHOB, or some former castmate (Brandi comes to mind ).. who knows but don't think for once these hurt feelings don't run deep, this is not about puppygate , this hurt spans over many seasons of RHOBH.

Edited by byrd
  • Love 7
(edited)
On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 3:36 PM, Dutchgirl said:

Not to be that fan who threatens to stomp away when they don't like who's getting too much screen time, but I'm bored with this season already and pretty much done watching. Kyle already got drunk, twirled her ponytail and did the splits. There's too much noise from the dogs, the Johns, Rinna, Dorit, Teddi...Stick a fork in it. It's all downhill from here. To the Bravo Gods, please no more Rinna, Teddi or Dorit next season. 

Denise is a good addition so far I guess, it's nice that she eats actual food and doesn't wear couture to breakfast. Would be nice to see some new faces next season...maybe a combo of Chrissy Teigen (she's a fan, it could happen), Denise, LVP, Kyle, Faye Resnick, maybe a part-time Brandi (she had some moments), and a wildcard no bs person like Jenny McCarthy or Leah Remini.  

A girl can dream...

chrissy-john-legend-real-housewives-fans

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/08/chrissy-teigen-john-legend-real-housewives

I agree, except no Faye Resnick please....Faye and LVP are enemies.. I don't want Kyle whining and crying all over the damn place.

Edited by byrd
  • Love 2

If I'm feeling really spiteful, I'll say, how about just the rest of the HWs, no new ones and no Lisa V. And then just let the new season debut to dismal ratings that continue to decline, so they all end up without a job. Then they can really find out if it's truly "an ensemble cast" and "no one is more important to the show than anyone else."

• Love 11
21 minutes ago, byrd said:

I agree, except no Faye Resnick please

I think Kyle already attempted to push Faye as a replacement housewife earlier (for Adrienne or Taylor, IIRC) and the fans were adamant in their disapproval. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Smacky55 said:

And while I understand the people who say she could be doing more for all animals, there is no issue that I care enough about to fund raise, deal with politicians, or really leave my house for. Except maybe bringing back Television Without Pity 🙂. So while this “resolution” may only be symbolic, I still give her some credit for the work she does put in.

She's put a pretty big spotlight on the issue. That is more than I could ever do. I always thought that charity work wasn't about doing everything, but about doing something.

There are a lot of things that one could dislike about Lisa, but I cannot understand how her charity work is one of them. She will always get props from me, not only for everything she does for animals, but for feeding the homeless out of her restaurants every week.

Hell yes to TWOP. I'll fundraise just to get read-only access to the forums.

• Love 17
On 4/3/2019 at 8:02 PM, Pattycake2 said:

Just a thought on whether vpd would benefit from puppygate or this dreadful storyline.  Vanderpump Dogs was scheduled by production to have at least (up to this point) three lovely scenes which would provide terrific publicity.  The first scene shot for the show was at VPD, which according to Sessa, was originally planned in order to have Teddi and her daughter and Kyle in the shop and playing with the dogs.  Second, the charity event.  Third, coverage of the passing of the resolution.  All good.  Contrast that with all the negative speculation concerning the involvement of vpd in puppygate, discussion on whether vpd was irresponsible in allowing Dorit to adopt the dog, having the staff being seen as gossipers, and showing Lisa being accused, harangued and in tears.   I don't see any positive effect of this storyline on vpd.

A new thought. VDP Dogs could possibly stand to lose if they didn't get ahead of the story.  If they had kept quiet about the dog being found at a shelter- other, competitive rescues (oh yes rescue is ironically very cutthroat) would be MORE than happy to make VDP look bad.  Yes it is really on Dorit who looks bad not the rescue but it in fact does put negative light on VDP Dogs for a slip. And further if it is found they did not hold a client to the contract of paying the 5k. A lot of rescue is glorified hoarding subsidized on the backs of animal lovers. VDP Dogs is not this. But the ones scratching to survive- even the good rescues- moreso the glorified hoarder "rescues" would love to throw VDP under the bus. It very well could be production putting the story out to get ahead of it, make the housewives spin and give them a great season of shit stirred up, and NOT ruin the reputation of VDP dogs when they may or may not have an invested stake it it doing well. ie VDPD as a spin off. Everyone  in production wins if production leaked it.  And VDP dogs win also which is why I still say the Johns were involved for the above reasons. 

Lisa is too busy with her menagerie, business, grief to think this far along. 

19 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Let's just hope Kim doesn't bring Kingsley back with her.

I would totally be ok with Kingsley coming back to bite PK on the nose. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I find it curious that the defense of LVP is either a). she's not manipulative or b). she's better at manipulation than the rest of them. It can't be both.

She could be manipulating things to her advantage - as most HWs do in these franchises, but what I find funny is that the HWs complaining about it are the ones who fall for it every single time.  They're the dumb asses for being a doormat.  Wah, wah, wah.  LVP made me do x, y and z.  No, you did x, y and z because you didn't have a backbone to say no.  I have no sympathy for them if they were manipulated.  They claim that this is a pattern with LVP, so why fall into the same trap over and over again?  FWIW,  in this case I believe LVP's story.  I think the rest of them are coming off like rabid dogs going in for the kill.  It's really sad to see this from the other HWs.  And I'm sick of the "poor Dorit" storyline.  She can spin a story in her favor faster than anybody I've ever seen on these shows. 

As I've said before, LVP would have to do something way more egregious than trying to manipulate a story (which I don't believe she did) for me to dislike her.  It's never a good look when a group gangs up on one person.  Even if said person was guilty of what they're accusing her of, she is the one that comes off as the sympathetic character, so in essence, in their attempt to bring her down they look like a bunch of jealous bitches. 

• Love 18
(edited)
19 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

(Snipped for space only) 

As I've said before, LVP would have to do something way more egregious than trying to manipulate a story (which I don't believe she did) for me to dislike her.  It's never a good look when a group gangs up on one person.  Even if said person was guilty of what they're accusing her of, she is the one that comes off as the sympathetic character, so in essence, in their attempt to bring her down they look like a bunch of jealous bitches. 

This is the thing for me too, ChitChat. Let's assume she did give Rada Online the story (I don't think she did either, but for the sake of argument let's say she did). It's clear the other HWs think this is a terrible thing to do (in this instance anyway, seems to be fine with them when they do it, but anyway...). They assumed the audience would too. I think they are wrong. Teddi's big thing is PROVING that Lisa was behind the whole "getting the story out there"; she thinks that if she can prove it, the viewers will side with them.

But that's the problem, because most viewers appear to not give a flying fig if she did leak the story, or got the Johns to leak it, tell it, bring the dog out, conspire with Teddi. All of that combined not only pales in comparison to Dorit's casual and irresponsible treatment of the dog she adopted, but is , by now, pretty much expected from viewers -- the HWs are shady, they gossip, they start stuff, they stir the pot. This is no surprise to any of us; in fact, it's kind of a fundamental part of all the RH shows. It's partly why we watch -- drama. That's what they don't seem to understand.  Teddi and Rinna may feel deeply wronged, but the audience doesn't.

They are all as thick as bricks if they haven't figured that out by now.

ETA: their moral high ground is concern for Dorit -- concern that people might find out what she did and form a negative opinion about. Kyle thinks getting the story out in the press before the show aired would make it worse for Dorit. It didn't. If anything, Kyle and co. made it worse for Dorit.  But their moral high ground isn't very high because when you weight abandoning a dog against people finding out what Dorit actually does, dog dumping is much worse. They think they are justified in essentially hiding the truth of Dorit's action -- that's their goal. Bah. Pitiful.

Edited by Jel
  • Useful 1
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, byrd said:

I agree, except no Faye Resnick please....Faye and LVP are enemies.. I don't want Kyle whining and crying all over the damn place.

No Chrissy Teigen.  Her and Ice-T's wife, Coco, are sooo annoying, so hungry for publicity.  Ugh.

• Love 10

I don't do links, but just read about Kyle Richard's Instagram story "Goodbye Kyle".  She retweeted it on her Twitter feed, so I checked it out.  I really don't think she's missing Lisa's friendship.

If I were in high school, maybe I'd think it was funny.  Special appearance:  Faye Resnick.  

Next time she cries and plays the victim, I'll think of this.  If she cries at the reunion about being thrown out and humiliated by Lisa and Ken, I'll think of this. 

She's one mean-spirited piece of work. And stupid too.  Rinna-level stupid.

• Love 20
3 hours ago, Higgins said:

There was no bill brought to the floor. This didn't occur. There was no legislation voted upon. 

In September, the House passed a global resolution, H. Res. 401, urging all nations to prohibit and enforce laws to end the cruel dog and cat meat trade. (House resolutions don’t require Senate approval or presidential signature, so this measure is completed.)

Sponsor:Rep. Hastings, Alcee L. [D-FL-20] (Introduced 06/22/2017)

Committees:House - Foreign Affairs

Latest Action:House - 09/12/2018 The title of the measure was amended. Agreed to without objection.  (All Actions)

Tracker:

This bill has the status Agreed to in House

Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:

Introduced

Agreed to in House

Passed House 

H.Res.401 

The primary form of legislative measure used to propose law. Depending on the chamber of origin, bills begin with a designation of either H.R. or S.

Calls for an end to the dog and cat meat industry and urges all nations to outlaw the dog and cat meat trade.

Affirms the commitment of the United States to the protection of animals around the world.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
24 minutes ago, 88 keys said:

In September, the House passed a global resolution, H. Res. 401, urging all nations to prohibit and enforce laws to end the cruel dog and cat meat trade. (House resolutions don’t require Senate approval or presidential signature, so this measure is completed.)

Latest Action:House - 09/12/2018 The title of the measure was amended. Agreed to without objection.  (All Actions)

Tracker:

Introduced

Agreed to in House

Passed House 

H.Res.401 

The primary form of legislative measure used to propose law. Depending on the chamber of origin, bills begin with a designation of either H.R. or S.

Calls for an end to the dog and cat meat industry and urges all nations to outlaw the dog and cat meat trade.

Affirms the commitment of the United States to the protection of animals around the world.

Thanks for the info.   I give Lisa and her team kudos for providing subject matter expertise regarding Yulin to Rep. Hastings.  Most likely her team was just one piece of input that went into the overall crafting of the resolution.  

I see no problem with Lisa and company celebrating.  The time and effort she and her team  (Sessa, et.al) put in by providing the Yulin data helped to further a resolution being drafted and presented.  Good for them.

• Love 9
46 minutes ago, 88 keys said:

Tracker:

Introduced

Agreed to in House

Passed House 

H.Res.401 

I won't be able to convince you. This will never be acted upon. This is not law. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

She could be manipulating things to her advantage - as most HWs do in these franchises, but what I find funny is that the HWs complaining about it are the ones who fall for it every single time.  They're the dumb asses for being a doormat.  Wah, wah, wah.  LVP made me do x, y and z.  No, you did x, y and z because you didn't have a backbone to say no.  I have no sympathy for them if they were manipulated.  They claim that this is a pattern with LVP, so why fall into the same trap over and over again?  FWIW,  in this case I believe LVP's story.  I think the rest of them are coming off like rabid dogs going in for the kill.  It's really sad to see this from the other HWs.  And I'm sick of the "poor Dorit" storyline.  She can spin a story in her favor faster than anybody I've ever seen on these shows. 

And yet, it's Kyle's unwillingness to "fall for it" that is engendering criticism. 

I don't feel that much sympathy for Dorit because ultimately, it sounds to me like she did something wrong in the first place. I do feel badly for Kyle, who I think has a few reasons to genuinely doubt LVP, and yet who is put in the middle of this mess because of LVP's unwillingness to cop to manipulative behavior (and because, yes, people like Rinna and Erika are looking for reasons to pile on LVP).  I actually think Kyle did go to LVP as a friend, and while I can understand that her approach wasn't the best, I think her position to confront LVP is entirely defensible. 

• Love 2

I don't like Nene but I don't think she did it.  

It wouldn't surprise me if production had a hand in this, maybe they wanted LVP to go after Dorit on camera and LVP said no way, that it would make the shelter look bad.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 4/4/2019 at 4:42 AM, StatisticalOutlier said:

Worse than a bullshit artist is a hypocrite, especially an unacknowledged hypocrite. 

She just has a thing for dogs and therefore thinks nobody should eat them.  Well, plenty of people have a thing about eating cows or pigs, and some of them have God on their side.  Yet Lisa apparently doesn't think she has to listen to them about that.  Of course, that's not an American telling Asian savages what to do, so she's probably right.

It was a house resolution, not a bill that makes law.  Here's another one that passed during that session of Congress:  "Designates the Democratic Cloakroom in the Hall of the House of Representatives in the U.S. Capitol as the 'Gabrielle Giffords-Leo J. Ryan Cloakroom.'"  At least that one's enforceable.

Other house resolutions passed in that session that might have enforcement problems similar to the dog-meat denunciation include condemning the persecution of Christians around the world, Nicaragua's persecution of peaceful protesters, and the Iranian regime (although I'll note that that last one actually said, "Respects the history and culture of the Iranian nation," which is more than I can say for the countries named in the dog-meat resolution). 

Needless to say, I thought the champagne cork popping at the viewing party was a little much, and was actually vicariously embarrassed for them when they so intently watched it on C-SPAN and they all stood there with befuddled looks on their faces, and called the congressman's office to find out what happened. 

I don’t think Lisa’s meat is free range or anything, either. It’s factory farmed for max profit. 

And what’s the deal with Giggy? Does he shit in the crook of Ken’s arm?

America is currently fighting something like seven wars, but the house found the time to vote for non binding fluff about cats and dogs.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Higgins said:

I won't be able to convince you. This will never be acted upon. This is not law. 

Higgins is correct. By definition, House resolutions are not binding:

H.Res. stands for a resolution of the House of Representatives.  House resolutions are not binding law, but rather express the collective sentiment of the House on a particular issue, person, or event.  House committees may also be formed through the passage of a House resolution.

It's not nothing, to be sure, but it's not much, either. 

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Higgins said:

Not sure what you mean by it's not a law. Did someone say it was? I think we all know exactly what it is. It's the United States' way of saying we are committed to the protection of animals and calls for other nations to follow. Can we force them to follow step? Probably not, but we can be an example to other countries. These things don't happen overnight.  It's a beginning, a step in the right direction and should be celebrated not denied.  Regardless of what you say, H. Res. 401 happened, was voted on, and was passed.

H.Res.401 

Edited by 88 keys
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

My opinion hasn't changed from the start of this season.

LVP wanted to punish Dorit and keep her hands clean so that it didn't impact her friendship with PK. There will never be "proof" that LVP did it as LVP is too smart to be caught in a paper trail of texts. Unless someone secretly records her and that isn't going to happen with the current cast.

The scene at Vanderpump dogs with Kyle and Teddi dropping by - this event was scheduled in advance. Allowing time for VPD to clean and display the store for the scene, LVP knew John Sessa was incensed for at least a week before they filmed at the store. John Sessa said he had been dealing with the Lucy situation for over a week. A HW (someone holding a diamond) had to be brought into this scheme - Teddi was targetted. Had LVP NOT been mad herself of the situation and had truly forgiven Dorit and did not want the situation discussed on camera - then John Sessa and Lucy should not have been at VPD for the few hours they filmed that day.

• Love 11
23 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

And yet, it's Kyle's unwillingness to "fall for it" that is engendering criticism. 

It's the way Kyle handled the situation that irritates me.  She has always demanded LVP's loyalty no matter the situation.  Fast forward to her being grilled by the ladies demanding that she admit that LVP feeds stories to the tabloids.  IMO, a true friend (the kind Kyle thinks she is) would've said that they weren't going to discuss this matter and/or excused herself so as not to throw LVP under the bus.   Since she didn't want to lie to the ladies, she should've excused herself.  Kyle owed them nothing.  They were wrong in demanding she say something. Then she should've calmly told LVP what the others were saying, but leave out her own feelings about the matter.  She should've waited and gotten LVP's explanation before passing judgment.  There was a much better and more tactful way to handle talking to LVP rather than going in like a bull in a china shop and telling her that you think she's a damn liar and that the group consensus verifies that.   Kyle can whine and stomp her feet all she wants to, but IMO, she went into LVP's house with guns blazing.  She really should've taken a better approach with LVP because she sure threw herself under the bus the way she did it.  It wasn't very smart of her. 

1 hour ago, Jel said:

But that's the problem, because most viewers appear to not give a flying fig if she did leak the story, or got the Johns to leak it, tell it, bring the dog out, conspire with Teddi. All of that combined not only pales in comparison to Dorit's casual and irresponsible treatment of the dog she adopted, but is , by now, pretty much expected from viewers -- the HWs are shady, they gossip, they start stuff, they stir the pot. This is no surprise to any of us; in fact, it's kind of a fundamental part of all the RH shows. It's partly why we watch -- drama. That's what they don't seem to understand.  Teddi and Rinna may feel deeply wronged, but the audience doesn't.

So true.  Dorit & PK aren't the most upstanding couple on this show, so I already had my doubts about them.  Every time Dorit opens her yap about the dog makes me yell out, "you're a damn liar!"  I don't trust their ever-changing version of the story.  The poor dog probably had a good reason to scratch PK.  Animals react in the way they are treated.  That's why I love seeing LVP and Ken at their home.  Their animals seem so content and happy there.  How fabulous would it be to have a moat around your house and when you walk up you have swans to greet you! 

• Love 15
5 hours ago, dosodog said:

Rinna.  It would take an entire forum page to discuss the cesspool that is her account.

She has brought up "what about the husband" in the last week(?).  Possibly 2 weeks.  LEAVE JP ALONE.  Come at me but leave Harry and JP out of it.  Rinna also included an unverifiable post from JP that appears to be friendly and dismissive of the rumor.

The vast majority of people are confused and are being told to Google it.

But I think Rinna enjoys it all.  She thrives on the negative stuff people say.  

Rinna has also been busily fighting with Nicolette Sheridan on social media about when she split up with Harry over Michael Bolton.  I'm not sure why this is even relevant, but she's really digging in over it, and what point does it serve to drag 2 people not on the show into this bullshit?  Also, Harry is getting involved which doesn't help my opinion of him.  It's one thing for him to be married to her and tolerate her crazy, but to join in? 

1 hour ago, Aunt Kiki said:

I don't do links, but just read about Kyle Richard's Instagram story "Goodbye Kyle".  She retweeted it on her Twitter feed, so I checked it out.  I really don't think she's missing Lisa's friendship.

If I were in high school, maybe I'd think it was funny.  Special appearance:  Faye Resnick.  

Next time she cries and plays the victim, I'll think of this.  If she cries at the reunion about being thrown out and humiliated by Lisa and Ken, I'll think of this. 

She's one mean-spirited piece of work. And stupid too.  Rinna-level stupid.

Yep, this is the Kyle that has always been there under the surface.  She pops up once in a while over the years, but they try to keep her hidden on the show.  "I'm such a good friend!" "I'm so loyal!" She's everywhere saying how she thinks it's just a bump and she's tried to reach out and call Lisa but hasn't heard back and she's sad, AND she goes on and on about how she has to be a person of integrity to show her daughters how to behave.  And this is what SHE chooses to put out there.  All season long she's been saying "just wait, you'll see, there's more and the truth will be revealed.  You'll understand why we're mad later"  Well, it's all out and people don't agree, so now she's out there acting like a petty bitch thinking she's the top princess on the show?

• Love 20
On 4/3/2019 at 3:47 PM, langford peel said:

Some people just hate dogs. 

I think PK and Dorito are among those people. They only took a dog to curry favor with Lisa and it backfired on them big time.

It is a shame that the show was blown up because of these two grifters.

I consider them more of an animal hating couple.  That is the vibe I get.  Animals to them are props.  Then they found out they could lose their security deposit due to baby animal issues so they got rid of Lucy.  There is a story today that the new owner said it took awhile to get Lucy (now LuLu) to stop being a very scared dog who didn't trust.  The gist I picked up was they didn't think she was treated very well at her other home.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I consider them more of an animal hating couple.  That is the vibe I get.  Animals to them are props.  Then they found out they could lose their security deposit due to baby animal issues so they got rid of Lucy.  There is a story today that the new owner said it took awhile to get Lucy (now LuLu) to stop being a very scared dog who didn't trust.  The gist I picked up was they didn't think she was treated very well at her other home.

There are people who are not fond of animals, and honestly, there's really nothing wrong with that.  I mean, there's a difference between, I'm not a huge animal person and therefore I don't have a pet and "I hate animals and I'm going to kill and torture them"  Assuming PK and Dorit (or one of them), fall into the "not so much a fan" category, then they could have easily just told LVP, you know, we'd love to help, but right now with the kids so little, we just don't have the time to devote to the proper care, however, we're more than happy to help out with a donation or volunteering with organizing events etc.  Or, say that one of them is allergic.  Something.  Taking the dogs and then dumping them later is just dumb.

• Love 15