Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E08: Showdown at Villa Rosa

• Start Topic

(edited)
54 minutes ago, Rina99 said:

I don't know if Lisa V. tipped off the tabloids. However, I completely understand why Kyle doesn't believe her. There have been too many shady incidents from Lisa V. to not think her capable of it. That's pretty much where I am.

I think Kyle and Lisa know each other well, including knowing the other one is far from perfect.  But they like each other anyway, so they work around each other's shortcomings and appreciate the good things.  But they know each other and, come on, Kyle knows this is definitely something that Lisa is capable of.  I didn't think anything Kyle said was out-of-line.  But it does makes me sad.

Edited by ninjago
  • Love 13
10 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I don't think that dog's feet have ever touched the ground. There's nothing wrong with being cuddled but I think it's weird that the dog is either tucked up under an arm like it's a football or laying on a piece of furniture looking like it's dead. Rich people are weird, yo. 

Anyway, the whole post was in jest. I wasn't really criticizing so much as trying to be funny.  

I think they have to keep Giggy medicated because of his condition. That's why he gets carted everywhere. Also, they want to make sure he doesn't scratch himself. He's not a healthy dog and has had lots of health issues that are chronic. He's basically got round the clock care. Most people would have put him down, but Lisa refused to do that.

• Love 20

What is people’s take when others start to promise or swear.......on their children, husband, parents, dog, etc..???

I find.....that this is for sure when they are lying!

LVP did it twice during the confrontation.

I was shaking my head....No..no...don’t go there.

Then LVP did it..again!

LMAO

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Can we talk about why Harry is taking back-to-back trips to Canada?

All alone with a two person tent?

I have a 6 person instant tent.  For me.  And sometimes the dog.  He's big and takes up a lot of space.  I can fit my queen size air mattress and the dog's single mattress* and still have space to walk around.

And I can put the thing up, by myself, in less than 5 minutes.

*Yes. My dog has his own air mattress.  I should be slightly embarrassed. I'm not.

4 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Aaand - Denise just lost me.  Picked the wrong coven.

Pretty sure Pinky is going to give her side eye from now on!

• LOL 4
  • Love 18
23 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

I think they have to keep Giggy medicated because of his condition. That's why he gets carted everywhere. Also, they want to make sure he doesn't scratch himself. He's not a healthy dog and has had lots of health issues that are chronic. He's basically got round the clock care. Most people would have put him down, but Lisa refused to do that.

I mean, that's not always a good thing. Just because you have the means to keep a pet going doesn't mean you should but again, rich people are weird, yo. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I mean, that's not always a good thing. Just because you have the means to keep a pet going doesn't mean you should but again, rich people are weird, yo. 

If I'm ever a rich bitch, I'd keep my animals alive forever.

• Love 24

I don’t think it was the accusation that pissed off LVP and Ken.

It was how Kyle ambushed them in their own home trying to get.....a confession........an admission.....of some sort.

Kyle was like.....Lisa, c’mon......We are besties....you can tell me.

They were kicking everyone out.  Kyle......the cameras, etc.

I guess if the timelines lined up.....this is when LVP stops filming with The Gang.

• Love 13
(edited)
18 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Because of Lisa V actually advocating, and winning, for policy change, I am remarkably impressed. She's not just out there shaming people and waxing poetic about how precious dogs are to make herself seem like a savior. She actually got her cause heard in congress (NOT EASY AT ALL) and the bill passed. Truly impressive to actually make widespread change happen. Now hopefully the law will be enforced and not just something on the books. 

That was awesome though. I was really happy for her. 

Nothing she did there was remarkably difficult. It was a briefing not a hearing and a nonbinding resolution. I used to be a legislative aide. To get a briefing, you just have a member sponsor you to let you use a room. People get resolutions for literally everything. My friend's father got one to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the HMMM Fishing Club. HMMM stands for He-Man Macho Muscle; it was my friend's father and some of his high school buddies. Lisa accomplished no policy change on any level. I still do legislative work, but come at it from an agency side. The hardest part of the job is education. Members don't know anything and no one has enough staff to truly understand the weird workings of everything. Trying to educate the members and their staff is a commendable thing.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Useful 12
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

I subscribe to Occam's Razor when it comes to these things - the idea that no, it was PK who told Radar; no, actually, it was Erika/Rinna; no, really, it was production; no, actually it was John Sessa - rather than believe that it was the person who has the most to gain - LVP - doesn't make much sense to me. (To be fair, production or Sessa are at least plausible). But a lot of these suggestions seem wild flailing in order to say it wasn't LVP.

I can understand being upset by a false accusation but I stand by the contention that there is something off about Lisa's reaction. I agree that she was set off by Kyle's unwillingness to believe her. But rather than thinking it is because it shows how terrible a friend Kyle is, I think Lisa's emotional reaction came from the fact that Kyle normally does defend her. I think her over-the-top reaction came from a recognition that she overplayed her hand and that she can no longer rely on Kyle to run interference for her. For someone who is manipulative, that change of status is threatening. 

I get that LVP is enjoyable to watch. But she doesn't walk on water and with her positives comes a pretty glaring negative in that she's manipulative. It's not like that is some big secret, you can see it both on this show and Vanderpump Rules. It just feels like this time, she went a little too far for her coworkers to ignore.

• Love 20

Kyle knows LVP well enough to rightly say she puts her image over her friends - LVP even puts her dog lover image over the way she actually treats her dogs, who are dressed in ruffles, toted like purses, and not allowed to be dogs. LVP is a bullshit artist.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
19 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Has anyone given any thought that production might have leaked the story to throw fuel on the conflict for a storyline? They were there filming and knew ALL the details. I work for a dog rescue organization, and negative publicity isn't beneficial to the organization of any kind or for any reason. It can easily drive down both donations and adoptions. Regardless how Lisa feels about Dorit and her treatment of Lucy, I don't see Lisa spreading gossip at the expense of her Dog Rescue Organization and the legislation she worked so hard to pass. Lisa giving a Dog to her friend Dorit and the dog winding up on a Kill facility again reflects poorly on Lisa and her organization, not a story you want in the gossip rags. She also overlooked the $5,000 penalty which shows favoritism to a friend when someone else will be fined? Sorry, it doesn't add up. 

I also believe Bravo and Satan Andy would throw anyone under the bus for ratings. Andy salivates at Howives cat fighting. Once Teresa flipped the table, the franchise has never been the same.

Kyle is a bitch and exhibits no loyalty to Lisa whatsoever.  Makes one wonder exactly how she treated Kim regardless of Kim's personal issues.  

Also, Lisa R can go back to promoting Depends on the Red Carpet! I'm done with these vicious harpies.

I can believe that production pitched the story for drama purposes but in fact, concern that this story would reflect badly on the rescue dog business is precisely why I think she did have a hand in leaking the story. Better to get out in front of it and blame it on Dorit than for LVP to suggest it was somehow the fault of the business. 

You lose me entirely when you say it would have somehow impacted a non-binding resolution. It wouldn't have.

The thing is, I think LVP had every reason to be upset with Dorit and to want the story out there. But why pretend like she wasn't upset? Why be underhanded about getting the story out there? It's in part because LVP likes the image of being "above it all" and she's really not. If she was above all the drama, she wouldn't be on the show. 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, tranquilidade said:

Rinna's imitations of LVP are down right nasty in a way no one has ever been before.  She took this show to a new low.  

And she stole most of the that imitation from Heather McDonald (she has a podcast and recaps the RH franchises).

• Love 7
On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 12:03 AM, howiveaddict said:

You are showing your age. And me too!  I knew the tune!

For once an ancient cultural reference from before my time! 

• LOL 8
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Jel said:

Let's look at this logically:

What did Lisa have to gain?

1. Dorit is exposed as a dog dumper.  (And it's a gain I guess because Lisa is angry about that, so she gets the revenge she wants without having to say, geez Dorit what a shit you are. Causes the fans to turn against Dorit -- she was already hugely unpopular, so moot. If I missing more gains, someone please enlighten me). All of this sneaky exposing is done via tabloids, even though it's also talked about with cameras rolling on the show. 

What does Lisa have to lose from selling a story to Radar Online?

1. She puts her own foundation in a poor light. If anything, the story makes them look irresponsible and unprofessional. Huge negative.

2. Causes problems with the wife of Ken's longtime friend, resulting in bad feelings and the potential end of a longstanding friendship.

3. Causes problems with their entire (20 plus years) friend group.

That Lisa has the "most to gain" has not been demonstrated by any of the HWs. Simply saying the words "she has the most to gain" does not count as evidence, no matter how many of them say it.  

I don't really understand this argument that, if everything happened as she says it did, the foundation is shone in a poor light. If Dorit did not follow foundation rules - and I have no reason to believe she did, since her arguments have been weak - then the foundation is as much a victim as anyone. Making sure that everyone understands that Dorit didn't follow your foundation's rules is precisely the kind of thing I would recommend a client to do in a case like this. (I would also recommend just being upfront about that rather than playing shady non-attribution games). That's why I made the point above about the advantages of getting in front of the story.

As for 2 and 3, LVP has been doing this kind of thing for a long-time and getting away with it. I doubt she sincerely thought it would cause problems with Kyle. And she didn't factor in Teddi basically switching team at the last minute, therefore putting her on the outside with everyone. She likely assumed that Kyle and Teddi would be on her side and that is why IMO she reacted so strongly to Kyle's questions. Because she realized that she has no allies left and that the ground shifted without her noticing. 

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Love 13
24 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I can believe that production pitched the story for drama purposes but in fact, concern that this story would reflect badly on the rescue dog business is precisely why I think she did have a hand in leaking the story. Better to get out in front of it and blame it on Dorit than for LVP to suggest it was somehow the fault of the business. 

You lose me entirely when you say it would have somehow impacted a non-binding resolution. It wouldn't have.

The thing is, I think LVP had every reason to be upset with Dorit and to want the story out there. But why pretend like she wasn't upset? Why be underhanded about getting the story out there? It's in part because LVP likes the image of being "above it all" and she's really not. If she was above all the drama, she wouldn't be on the show. 

I don't think Lisa leaked the story, but "why pretend she wasn't upset?" To keep the peace with Ken's longtime friends ad their friend group for one. And two, because I believe Lisa thought Dorit was a harmless, though self-absorbed nitwit, who was more stupid than calculating or mean spirited. And Lisa is a natural "champion of the underdog", and sometimes that can bite you in the ass.  Now she sees that Dorit is way more more self-absorbed than she is harmless, and Dorit couldn't resist the opportunity to make friends with her friends' "enemies". She craved acceptance in the group so much that she was willing to sacrifice the only friendship she had to get it. Can't wait to see how that works out for her. 

• Love 22
7 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Can we talk about why Harry is taking back-to-back trips to Canada?

All alone with a two person tent?

Well, if I were married to Rinna I would run to Canada too.  And I'm not sure about the "all alone" part.  Or even about the camping part.

• LOL 7
  • Love 14
6 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

Boy, have these women backed the wrong pink pony! The whole episode was either Lisa VDP or people talking about Lisa (nearly...yes, there was a scene with Denise and her in a hurry husband opening gifts...snooze). I presume they want her off the show? It can’t be just to create ‘drahma’ for a storyline...they’ve gone too hard. 

There won’t be a show without Pinkie. Rinna talks to her husband; Kyle is having jewellery made; Dorit has nothing except this puppy/Lisa story; Denise got married so now what?; and Erika...um....Erika.... Erika is only there to tell Dorit that “you did NOTHING WRONG”? Not a show I’d watch.

Totally agree! 1 billion likes!

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, Jel said:

I don't think Lisa leaked the story, but "why pretend she wasn't upset?" To keep the peace with Ken's longtime friends ad their friend group for one. And two, because I believe Lisa thought Dorit was a harmless, though self-absorbed nitwit, who was more stupid than calculating or mean spirited. And Lisa is a natural "champion of the underdog", and sometimes that can bite you in the ass.  Now she sees that Dorit is way more more self-absorbed than she is harmless, and Dorit couldn't resist the opportunity to make friends with her friends' "enemies". She craved acceptance in the group so much that she was willing to sacrifice the only friendship she had to get it. Can't wait to see how that works out for her. 

I answered this idea about "keeping the peace" above. Beyond the fact that it isn't really her MO, I think it's way more likely she just didn't anticipate Teddi turning on her and Kyle expressing any doubts. 

As for thinking Dorit's harmless, that shouldn't really have any bearing on being upset. In other words, Dorit sincerely did mess up in her actions. She had every right to want to return the dog but she should have followed the rules. If I was LVP, I would have been upset that Dorit violated the contract and I would have had every reason to. Dorit's harmlessness should have no bearing on calling her out when she did something wrong. LVP's problem is that she didn't want to be seen as a bad guy but the irony is that she wouldn't have been seen as the bad guy if she had just been upfront about her anger.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Ok, I’ll start with kudos to LVP for raising public awareness of Yulin. But to celebrate the passage of a non binding House resolution saying something is bad and then touting it as “the US government is against it?”  Ummmmm, not quite.

How did she pass her citizen test? They are all a bunch of morons of they think this resolution does anything useful!

• Love 7
10 hours ago, esco1822 said:

If people stopped laughing at Rinna’s terrible impressions, maybe she’d stop. She’s a world champion shit-stirrer.

I fast forward thru her and "stay at home" (aka Unemployed) hubby's boring segments..."blah blah I'M A HUSTLER! blah". 

Next.

• LOL 5
  • Love 14
9 hours ago, janiema said:

One is never quite sure of the timeline for these shows but it seems that while the others were riding bikes (albeit for charity) and whining about her absence, Lisa was involved with a Congressman passing a bill relating to animal cruelty. 

Except that was NOT a Bill.

• Love 12
17 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Except that was NOT a Bill.

Yes, I don't want to downplay the importance of a non-binding resolution but that's all it was - a non-binding resolution. No actual policy was changed. It's an important public relations victory on the issue and can set up other, actual policy change but as of right now, all that resolution did is express disapproval of the practice. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 11
(edited)
6 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I’m not even the biggest LVP fan, but these housewives are awful. 

Dorit’s dog ended up at a shelter!!!!!

I don’t care if LVP arranged for a 24/7 chyron, announcing what Dorit did, to appear on every TV screen, movie theatre screen, youtube video, iPad, cell phone, and the Nasdaq screen in Times Square, but denied it; Dorit’s actions were infinitely more despicable.

I agree. The problem to me is she didn't stand up and hold Dorit responsible. That would have been the ethical action. So this is my problem with LVP is If she "protected" Dorit  That's worse.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 8
58 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I answered this idea about "keeping the peace" above. Beyond the fact that it isn't really her MO, I think it's way more likely she just didn't anticipate Teddi turning on her and Kyle expressing any doubts. 

As for thinking Dorit's harmless, that shouldn't really have any bearing on being upset. In other words, Dorit sincerely did mess up in her actions. She had every right to want to return the dog but she should have followed the rules. If I was LVP, I would have been upset that Dorit violated the contract and I would have had every reason to. Dorit's harmlessness should have no bearing on calling her out when she did something wrong. LVP's problem is that she didn't want to be seen as a bad guy but the irony is that she wouldn't have been seen as the bad guy if she had just been upfront about her anger.

I hear ya. It's clear we see Lisa and her intentions differently. 

• Love 3
(edited)
21 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Yes, I don't want to downplay the importance of a non-binding resolution but that's all it was - a non-binding resolution. No actual policy was changed. It's an important public relations victory on the issue and can set up other, actual policy change but as of right now, all that resolution did is express disapproval of the practice. 

It also got the Congressman on TV "fighting" against what almost all Americans would disapprove of. Not that impressive.

Edited by Higgins
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4