Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E08: Showdown at Villa Rosa

• Start Topic

(edited)
4 hours ago, 918lux said:

I don't think that's confirmed?  Maybe I missed it?  

I also would like for Erika and Dorit to get their comeuppance, but I think I could handle them just not being on the show, instead.  Erika is totally boring to me, like watching paint dry, so if she's not going to get a season with a "bad edit" then I'd just as soon she was off my TV all together.

Ooh, i would love a bad edit season for Erika. Not only is she due for one, I'd be very interested in seeing how she handles it. 

Edited by Jel
  • Love 16

I don’t think Erika has come across well since season 1. Not sure if it has to do with editing or not. I found her harsh with Dorit, PK, Eileen, Kathryn, Teddi, and LVP. Her temperament is not good. She also has a victim mentality.

And I’m saying this as someone who likes Erika in a lot of ways. I think she’s actually a softhearted person underneath the tough exterior. I like that she doesn’t seem out to get anyone or manipulate anybody.

And superficially,  I think she’s a complete knockout. I love how glamorous she is even if I wouldn’t be caught dead in some of her ensembles. I’m a pop music fan and find some of her songs quite catchy. I agree with the poster who said she’s entertaining because she is so unpredictable and over the top. 

Even though I’d like for her to stay on the show, if she was ever given a good edit, imo it was only season 1. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, bravofan27 said:

I think, and I honestly don't know for sure, but I think Kim was eluding to the fact that her income as a child movie star provided the income to buy the house in the first place. I think she feels that she's entitled to it because her income gave her mom the income to buy it. At least, that was my take. They might have "bought her out" but I think Kim is upset because she thought the house should just be hers. On principal, probably yes. That's a moral issue. Only cuz it's family. It would be like me telling my boss that I own her home because the work I did gave her the income to buy her house. My boss isn't my mom though. But that's in the normal world. Legally though, no. Kyle bought "her share" gave her the cash she needed, she spent it, and now she's pissed cuz the house her income originally bought is no longer hers.

I might agree with Kim except that Big Kathy bought the house in 1998. Kim hadn't worked in almost a decade at that point.

I doubt Kim paid anything on that house. Kathy made her last husband sell his house and put the money toward The House.

She also gave him one year to vacate after her death so that the girls could have it.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

And I’m saying this as someone who likes Erika in a lot of ways. I think she’s actually a softhearted person underneath the tough exterior. I like that she doesn’t seem out to get anyone or manipulate anybody.

I have to disagree here.  To me it seems pretty clear that Rinna, Dorit, and Erika are in cahoots to take down LvP.

Erika is working hard to manipulate the narrative.  There have been multiple conversations with Teddi and THs where Erika is trying to make sure this debacle lands solely on LvP.  She keeps having heart to heart confessionals where Teddi explains a little more, Erika counsels her and she starts claiming that LvP is the bigger villian and at least Teddi owned "it".  This is totally out of character for Erika.  She was terrifying last season over Teddi claiming she was "pretending amnesia".  So who is this Erika and why the 180 degree turn if there isn't something in it that she wants.

Rinna is meanwhile running around pretending that Camille is disengenuous because she simultaneously can be cordial to Dorit and still not like how Dorit behaved toward her last year.  Rinna needs  Dorit to be the unassailable victim to strengthen their position against LvP. 

Erika and Rinna are manipulating things so this fight seems more black and white and less grey.

• Love 18

Big Kathy sounds so lovely. I suppose Kyle never got to show her mom SHE was the real golden daughter! She died thinking Kim and Kathy H. Were the real winners and Kyle was just a small time kid actor who never did anything to earn her keep in BK’s world. Why does Kyle think we, the audience, care about her mothers ugly cocktail rings or anything about her life? She must be exhausting to be around. 

Edited by JD5166
  • Love 7
24 minutes ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

I might agree with Kim except that Big Kathy bought the house in 1998. Kim hadn't worked in almost a decade at that point.

I doubt Kim paid anything on that house. Kathy made her last husband sell his house and put the money toward The House.

She also gave him one year to vacate after her death so that the girls could have it.

Hummm. So what did Kim mean when she called it, "my house?"

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, JD5166 said:

Big Kathy sounds so lovely. I suppose Kyle never got to show her mom SHE was the real golden daughter! She died thinking Kim and Kathy H. Were the real winners and Kyle was just a small time kid actor who never did anything to earn her keep in BK’s world. Why does Kyle think we, the audience, care about her mothers ugly cocktail rings or anything about her life? She must be exhausting to be around. 

I think in real life, the allure with Kyle is someone that has a lot of regrets, never accomplished everything she wanted to accomplish, is is living through her family, trying really hard to be valuable and contribute. I think many women can relate to her-- giving up on personal dreams to have a family-- and now that the kids are older trying to find her place in the world again.

Also, what is up with her logic that by going and accusing LIsa V of screwing over her friend she is teaching her daughters how to be right in the world?

These folks are either crazy or need a better script writer. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, bravofan27 said:

Hummm. So what did Kim mean when she called it, "my house?"

Kim tends to think that the entire world revolves around her, so all houses are her house?

Actually, Kim lived near Kathy and did spend a lot of time with her mom before she died. Her mom had a live-in nurse and her husband, but Kim has mentioned visiting almost every day.

My guess is that Kim felt entitled to the house as Kyle and Kathy both lived hours away and Kim was present more often.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, bravofan27 said:

I think, and I honestly don't know for sure, but I think Kim was eluding to the fact that her income as a child movie star provided the income to buy the house in the first place. I think she feels that she's entitled to it because her income gave her mom the income to buy it. At least, that was my take. They might have "bought her out" but I think Kim is upset because she thought the house should just be hers. On principal, probably yes. That's a moral issue. Only cuz it's family. It would be like me telling my boss that I own her home because the work I did gave her the income to buy her house. My boss isn't my mom though. But that's in the normal world. Legally though, no. Kyle bought "her share" gave her the cash she needed, she spent it, and now she's pissed cuz the house her income originally bought is no longer hers.

Showbiz is a shady business folks. They say people in LA won't piss on you if your on fire. Actually, business in general is shady. My father, from a very young age, always told me to never do business with family. It fucks things up.

Kim may feel that way because she is definitely entitled and believes that she was much more famous than she actually was. But, Kim was NEVER the financial support for her family.

Big Kathy supported the family by marrying rich. That was how Big Kathy, not Kim, bought the "Goddamned house" and was able to squire the girls to auditions, line readings,  and take care of them on set. "Marry Rich" was the one rule Big Kathy instilled in her girls. Kim did that more than once and still ended up living off her younger sister and brother-in-law. Because Kim never learned how to take care of herself. 

There is this big myth that Kim was used by her family and therefore, that is why she has the addiction problems she has now. When in actuality, Kim's money was put away for her until she was an adult, and once she had access to it she blew it all on cars, shoes, purses, and partying. The fact is that Kim NEVER earned enough money to support her family.

Big Kathy supported the family by dating and marrying wealthy men. But, the mythology of Kim as the child star and sole support of the family is so strong that even Kim started believing it towards the end of the first season. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
48 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

I have to disagree here.  To me it seems pretty clear that Rinna, Dorit, and Erika are in cahoots to take down LvP.

Erika is working hard to manipulate the narrative.  There have been multiple conversations with Teddi and THs where Erika is trying to make sure this debacle lands solely on LvP.  She keeps having heart to heart confessionals where Teddi explains a little more, Erika counsels her and she starts claiming that LvP is the bigger villian and at least Teddi owned "it".  This is totally out of character for Erika.  She was terrifying last season over Teddi claiming she was "pretending amnesia".  So who is this Erika and why the 180 degree turn if there isn't something in it that she wants.

Rinna is meanwhile running around pretending that Camille is disengenuous because she simultaneously can be cordial to Dorit and still not like how Dorit behaved toward her last year.  Rinna needs  Dorit to be the unassailable victim to strengthen their position against LvP. 

Erika and Rinna are manipulating things so this fight seems more black and white and less grey.

I'm not saying I like a lot of her behavior, but I don't see her as this inherently cold, heartless person. She seems like a sweet girl-when she's not angry! lol I absolutely agree that she has a temper and could be kinder when she's been wronged. I have a friend like her. She has this soft side, but not everyone sees her that way. I'm someone who does because I am a good friend to her, and she appreciates it. It just depends on how she feels about you. Like Erika she comes across very strong, and she does have a temper. 

I think stuff Erika's been told and witnessed about Lisa throughout the years (the talk of Yolanda & her children's illness, LVP's treatment of Eileen, constant jabs against everyone, the way LVP kind of poked her when she was new, etc) has rubbed her the wrong way, to the point she probably thinks the whole group being against Lisa is justified.

Do I think she could have been more softhearted with Lisa? Absolutely. Ditto how she reacted to other people in the cast at times. But I still think she's much softer than the cold ice queen image some folks have of her. 

There's not one person in the cast I think is perfect, nor do I think any of them are evil. I think some of them have genuine grievances, but they are all overreacting to the point where it's hard to side with any of them when Lisa is so outnumbered, hurt, and grieving. 

• Love 3
On 4/8/2019 at 10:04 AM, babykin said:

I'm impressed. Has any other Housewife helped bring anything to the floor of the House? It's non-binding, but it's something. If I worked with Alcee Hastings on anything I would be proud. 

It's not a simple resolution, but Phaedra brought a bunch of the women to D.C. for the 20th anniversary of the Million Man March. I think she might have spoken at it too. She also hosted a luncheon for the women and members of the Congressional Black Caucus. Carole canvassed in 2016. She and Dorinda also attended the Women's March. Bethenny's been schlepping around the globe after every damn natural disaster. One can make the argument Lisa can trek to China to save animals there, but can't go Houston help their dogs. As @LibertarianSlut said turning things into a horse race doesn't help anything.They all have causes they support. They go about supporting those causes in ways they think are best. And maybe going to Congress isn't the best way to serve their goals for each and every cause. 

On 4/8/2019 at 12:32 PM, albarino said:

Please tell me you aren't serious.  I work in the Executive Branch (I believe you work in the Legislative Branch?) and it actually takes a bit of work to get anything accomplished.  I can't just email my MOC and ask for something to be recorded in the Congressional Record.  Perhaps you can?

I think I might be the poster you were referring to. I worked in the legislative branch. I work in the executive branch. You're right it does take a while to actually get something accomplished. My favorite bill that took forever to pass allowed public universities to donate their old computers to schools and rural and frontier hospitals. It took more than a decade for that one. Everyone loved it. It didn't cost anything. It was constantly torpedoed by bigger more controversial issues. But sometimes shit moves super fast. I did a brief memo on a small population that's super expensive in terms of law enforcement costs, ER costs, and public benefits. I concluded that if we could create a high intensity case manager program for this population (it's like 100 people), we'd save an easy $100 million.  It's kind of based on Atul Gawande's super user work. I wrote this one page memo and a month later I had $10 million for the program that was essentially a blurb and a rough sketch. Creating a program or legislation that actually accomplishes something, usually takes a long time. This is actually why I don't love it when housewives create their own charities that might be doing the same work as a larger better known organization. Maybe the International SPCA might have their own Yulin initiative and have a best practice efforts to stop it. There might be duplication of efforts or occasionally working at cross purposes. Sometimes it's enough for a celebrity to shine a light on lesser known work that charities might do. And now that Bethenny is constantly talking about fish and seafood, I wish she'd talk about the slave labor in the seafood industry.

However, this was a simple resolution. My member typically said yes to nearly anything unless it directly contradicted something they truly believed. My member was a huge starfucker and loved when celebs brought us resolutions and bills. LVP found a legislator who had similar beliefs.

23 hours ago, smores said:

I can't even get my Senator to tell me where he stands on issues prior to him going and voting on them.  He evidently doesn't give a shit about actually representing his constituents, all his office staff will say is "He hasn't made up his mind yet" and then off he goes to vote in exactly the way you knew he would all along.  

Maybe your member was waiting for The Envelope. When my member was a junior legislator, they would get an envelope telling them how to vote for every calendared bill. Since then, my former member has risen through the ranks and helps to decide the ways to vote that will be included in the envelope. Also some members are super paranoid about revealing their positions. It's really kind of stupid in a lot of cases. Because you can usually guess the way they'd vote on 80% of the bills.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Useful 7
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, JD5166 said:

Except Big Kathy did make Kyle the executor of her will.  Maybe in the end, Big Kathy saw that Kyle was the real winner of the three. 

I think there are many of us out there who think Kyle does have an interesting life and her mother played a big role.  Just sayin.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Maybe your member was waiting for The Envelope. When my member was a junior legislator, they would get an envelope telling them how to vote for every calendared bill. Since then, my former member has risen through the ranks and helps to decide the ways to vote that will be included in the envelope. Also some members are super paranoid about revealing their positions. It's really kind of stupid in a lot of cases. 

I wish this were the case.  Without getting politically explicit, I'll just say that my Senator is a very reliable vote in one direction.  It's not the direction that I feel represents me, so when I'm calling and asking how they will be voting on any particular issue, I already know what the answer is and I know they know.  But, the staff says "Oh, they are undecided, they're still making up their mind" And then, every single time, the vote is what you knew it would be.  

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, smores said:

I wish this were the case.  Without getting politically explicit, I'll just say that my Senator is a very reliable vote in one direction.  It's not the direction that I feel represents me, so when I'm calling and asking how they will be voting on any particular issue, I already know what the answer is and I know they know.  But, the staff says "Oh, they are undecided, they're still making up their mind" And then, every single time, the vote is what you knew it would be.  

That makes me sad. My member was very very conservative. Ironically 70% of the staff was not. The one thing I really respected about my member is that our staff was empowered to repeat the policy positions. We'd get calls from people who'd identify themselves as good conservatives who voted for my member. They'd then ask how my member would vote on something that we knew they wouldn't vote for. We'd say "We never know until the moment of the vote, but this measure is inconsistent with the stated policy positions. It seems unlikely that this office would support it, but we'll pass your comments along." Sometimes the voting did change when we received a significant amount of constituent interaction.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

Oh God, I mean you can, but there’s really not much to “unpack.” We really do need a sarcasm font.

Summer House and The Hills are WORLDS apart. I tried with SH and it really sucks IMO (no offense to those who love it). But, The Hills: 😍🥰❤️. I even went to a Lauren Conrad book signing for the hell of it and it was spectacular fun. I love PBS. C-SPAN? I appreciate its purpose and will watch if there’s something of interest to me to see unfiltered, but, mostly, I’d rather watch Bravo.

099C8945-089F-48DB-90EF-1ECA0BEFBA23.jpeg

I used to LOVE The Hills. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, JD5166 said:

I would think the same reason any of them think we care about they’re life 😄

12 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

Kim may feel that way because she is definitely entitled and believes that she was much more famous than she actually was. But, Kim was NEVER the financial support for her family.

Big Kathy supported the family by marrying rich. That was how Big Kathy, not Kim, bought the "Goddamned house" and was able to squire the girls to auditions, line readings,  and take care of them on set. "Marry Rich" was the one rule Big Kathy instilled in her girls. Kim did that more than once and still ended up living off her younger sister and brother-in-law. Because Kim never learned how to take care of herself. 

There is this big myth that Kim was used by her family and therefore, that is why she has the addiction problems she has now. When in actuality, Kim's money was put away for her until she was an adult, and once she had access to it she blew it all on cars, shoes, purses, and partying. The fact is that Kim NEVER earned enough money to support her family.

Big Kathy supported the family by dating and marrying wealthy men. But, the mythology of Kim as the child star and sole support of the family is so strong that even Kim started believing it towards the end of the first season. 

Wait, so Kathy married rich, made the man sell his home to purchase a new home and then when she died, she gave him a year to get his ass out so that the entire house go to her child(ren) even though his money was also invested in the home? That's savage. 

I'm learning a lot about their family dynamics from some of these responses and recalling the things I've heard about Kathy - like her obsession with her children being famous as well as Kim mentioning that she was pushed to take on roles. Maybe that was what Kim was told in order to convince her to take jobs that she didn't want to take? Or maybe, Kim is conflating 'needing money' with a less desirable truth that even against her own desires, she was pushed to work because of her mother's own desires while disregarding what Kim wanted. I think Kim is at a point in life where she needs to take responsibility for the repetitively bad choices she has made, but I also think there's truth in Kim's childhood being a contributing factor to her issues and how she has chosen to deal with them. The one consistency I'm reading about their mother and childhood is that their mom hasn't nor likely ever would win a parent of the year award with some of the things I'm hearing about her.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

And maybe going to Congress isn't the best way to serve their goals for each and every cause.

You know, I was moving toward giving Lisa the benefit of the doubt because the original resolution mentioned Yulin (albeit just in a list of outrages), while the version that passed didn't.  I thought maybe she went in with saving animals from torture on her mind, and the process intervened and it ended up being a resolution that went far beyond what she was backing.  That would help explain the disconnect between what she does and what she's telling everybody else to do.

But I happened to re-see the beginning of this episode, and she approvingly described the resolution as it actually is--calling for banning the dog and cat meat trade.  So I don't think it's a case of her "accepting" the resolution as it came out in order for her animal torture issue to be addressed.  Instead, it sounds like she is indeed on board with telling everybody in the world what meat they can and cannot eat, based on her preferences.

• Love 2
On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 7:49 AM, FancyNancy said:

In the words of NeNe Leakes.. I said what I said 🤷🏾‍♀️

Y'all and this regardless of gender is all good and dandy until a man pops a woman in her mouth. Then you’re a victim. I don’t insert myself in situations of that nature simply because I know how I get down and my mouth is slick. So I’d prefer not to argue with men other than my own and prefer they not argue with me. 

Lisa is not some delicate flower who was seconds from stroking out because of a catty argument. If my man (in my VPR Lala voice) is going to step in, I’d like it to be for something more serious than some catty stuff I can handle on my own. I wouldn’t want him to put himself in a situation that could go left if the woman feels attacked or threatened. None of this is even that serious.

Furthermore, if Lisa was so concerned with Kyle getting out, she should’ve made sure she left. There’s no way you’ll be in my house upsetting me to a point of putting you out and I tell you to see yourself out. I’m holding the damn door and slamming it as you walk through it. 

With all that said, I’m a woman who can handle her own and maybe others need backup. In walks Ken..

Ken said when Kyle verbally attacked Lisa, all he saw was Red ..I get it sometimes you may need to step in this isn't the first rodeo his wife has had with these heifers. I'm over it, so is Ken. It is what it is. He defended his wife because he felt a need to do so. Case closed.

• Love 9

Topic Announcement:

Joining camping, how to vegetarian/carnivore and getting Nicolette Sheridan on this damn show in the "crossed the boundaries of relevance to this thread" category are......

*drum roll please*

"My experience working for a legislator" (interesting but small talk)

And "the crazy family dynamic of the three Ks" (we have not one but two possible threads for that).

Congratulations, topics, that people want to deep dive with you but the further deep people go, the farther away from the topic it gets.  

Please collect your conversations and move. 

TY

• Love 4
1 hour ago, byrd said:

Ken said when Kyle verbally attacked Lisa, all he saw was Red ..I get it sometimes you may need to step in this isn't the first rodeo his wife has had with these heifers. I'm over it, so is Ken. It is what it is. He defended his wife because he felt a need to do so. Case closed.

The case was never opened 😄 I stated my opinion. Which was, him being all in her face like that was unnecessary. You can defend someone w/o sticking a finger in or being all up in their face (which they though themselves) and personal space. I know I know, she was in their house. Yet both of them walked upstairs with her still being in the house, so neither were too concerned about her leaving.  

I’m not one to play like that, but obviously it’s cool with y’all. Carry on! 

Edited by FancyNancy
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, FancyNancy said:

The case was never opened 😄 I stated my opinion. Which was, him being all in her face like that was unnecessary. You can defend someone w/o sticking a finger in or being all up in their face (which they though themselves) and personal space. I know I know, she was in their house. Yet both of them walked upstairs with her still being in the house, so neither were too concerned about her leaving.  

I’m not one to play like that, but obviously it’s cool with y’all. Carry on! 

I also stated my opinion, and I'm done with it. Different strokes for different folks, I totally agree.

• Love 2
On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:18 AM, TattleTeeny said:

Well...no one was punched in this scenario so there's no need to introduce those hypotheticals. And most of us probably don't run around worried about that. Also no one here has said, "I need backup because I'm so scared in a verbal disagreement" (though isn't not engaging with a man because of the mere possibility of getting popped in the mouth kind of the same idea to a more extreme degree?). Everyone's point here is that people should generally want to intervene when his or her significant other is being attacked in some way. What kind of SO wouldn't at least want to? I can handle my own as well (it's a strange takeaway, IMO, that this situation means that Lisa--or some of us here--can't), but there's lots of shit I don't need my BF to do but I appreciate when he does.

Thank you ..

• Love 3
19 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

I think in real life, the allure with Kyle is someone that has a lot of regrets, never accomplished everything she wanted to accomplish, is is living through her family, trying really hard to be valuable and contribute. I think many women can relate to her-- giving up on personal dreams to have a family-- and now that the kids are older trying to find her place in the world again.

Also, what is up with her logic that by going and accusing LIsa V of screwing over her friend she is teaching her daughters how to be right in the world?

These folks are either crazy or need a better script writer. 

Bottom Line, Kyle f..up and she knows it. Now she trying to be 'Joan of Arc".. Trying very hard to justify her marching over to Lisa house to accuse her of some crap she can't prove. Now that she's had time to think about it, she's full of regret , but to chicken shit to admit it to the other crazies....

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, byrd said:

Bottom Line, Kyle f..up and she knows it. Now she trying to be 'Joan of Arc".. Trying very hard to justify her marching over to Lisa house to accuse her of some crap she can't prove. Now that she's had time to think about it, she's full of regret , but to chicken shit to admit it to the other crazies....

Totally agree. And if she has a publicist, she should fire him/her because everything she's doing is just making things worse.

I wonder if Lisa would consider taking her shows to another network. Maybe she should.

• Love 8

@TattleTeeny And my point was that his way of protection was extreme (hypotheticals and all.) A man shouldn’t be in a woman’s face like that. Period. To me, a finger in my face is asking for it to be slapped out of it. If Lisa was saying Kyle was hostile then what was Ken? But I’ll just take the fact that they ( Lisa and Ken) knew he took it too far as enough. Toodles 

OK? That's all fine and good, but what your comment said was that Ken had no place defending Lisa because it was none of his business, and that women shouldn't argue with men for fear of getting popped in the mouth. It did not say that Ken was being too aggressive with his finger. No one, regardless of gender, should be getting in someone's face at all, and that's a completely different issue than a guy arguing on behalf of his spouse. My response to this comment had zero to do with his finger or level of aggression because none of that was included in your comment.

In the words of NeNe Leakes.. I said what I said 🤷🏾‍♀️

Y'all and this regardless of gender is all good and dandy until a man pops a woman in her mouth. Then you’re a victim. I don’t insert myself in situations of that nature simply because I know how I get down and my mouth is slick. So I’d prefer not to argue with men other than my own and prefer they not argue with me. 

Lisa is not some delicate flower who was seconds from stroking out because of a catty argument. If my man (in my VPR Lala voice) is going to step in, I’d like it to be for something more serious than some catty stuff I can handle on my own. I wouldn’t want him to put himself in a situation that could go left if the woman feels attacked or threatened. None of this is even that serious.

Furthermore, if Lisa was so concerned with Kyle getting out, she should’ve made sure she left. There’s no way you’ll be in my house upsetting me to a point of putting you out and I tell you to see yourself out. I’m holding the damn door and slamming it as you walk through it. 

With all that said, I’m a woman who can handle her own and maybe others need backup. In walks Ken..

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

OK? That's all fine and good, but what your comment said was that Ken had no place defending Lisa because it was none of his business, and that women shouldn't argue with men for fear of getting popped in the mouth. It did not say that Ken was being too aggressive with his finger. No one, regardless of gender, should be getting in someone's face at all, and that's a completely different issue than a guy arguing on behalf of his spouse. My response to this comment had zero to do with his finger or level of aggression because none of that was included in your comment.

I do feel like it wasn’t that serious for him to defend her the way that he did. I don’t feel it was an issue that warranted him stepping in. It wasn’t like Kyle brought something to her she wasn’t going to see anyway. However, from jump, I made mention of how he was in Kyle’s face with his finger. Sure, everyone would like there significant other to have there back, but I wouldn’t want him to have my back w/ another woman all up in her face like that. Check my other posts regarding it instead of that one if you’d like to reference something (they’re in last week thread too.) My whole point in ALL of my post were Ken shouldn’t have been in her face like that and that the issue wasn’t that serious for him to do so. My point was also that that situation could’ve went the wrong way if he did it to someone else and that it’s his pattern because he go in Yolanda’s face as well. And the fact of the matter is, there are some men that would take an argument to the next level with a woman. I’ve seen it so know need for the debate. Ok? 

Edited by FancyNancy

Re: Fingergate, none of us was there so there's no way to really know the vibe that was going on in person. However, Ken saw/heard his wife getting extremely upset and no doubt he heard the nasty bullshit Vyle was spewing - in his own home - and I'm sure in that situation, who among us wouldn't go and defend their partner? I sure as shit would, regardless of gender. Should Ken have gotten so close to Vyle and wagged his finger in her face, maybe not, but she deserved to get read the riot act and thrown out, and to be honest, she didn't seem all that fazed by Ken, she surely didn't back down on the matter so...she went there to cause a scene on camera, tough titties if she got a finger waggled in her nasty mug.

• Love 13

Kyle went there to create drama for the cameras, including her oh-so-dramatic slamming of her hands on the counter (a clip of which she probably hoped would be a season-long teaser).  She got what she came for.

• Love 19
9 hours ago, FancyNancy said:

. And the fact of the matter is, there are some men that would take an argument to the next level with a woman. 

Is "the next level" physical altercation? Happily, from what we've seen over many seasons, that's not Ken

• Love 13
1 hour ago, gingerella said:

Re: Fingergate, none of us was there so there's no way to really know the vibe that was going on in person. However, Ken saw/heard his wife getting extremely upset and no doubt he heard the nasty bullshit Vyle was spewing - in his own home - and I'm sure in that situation, who among us wouldn't go and defend their partner? I sure as shit would, regardless of gender. Should Ken have gotten so close to Vyle and wagged his finger in her face, maybe not, but she deserved to get read the riot act and thrown out, and to be honest, she didn't seem all that fazed by Ken, she surely didn't back down on the matter so...she went there to cause a scene on camera, tough titties if she got a finger waggled in her nasty mug.

Also Ken was very protective of Lisa because he knew she was still grieving over her brother, it hurt him to see her upset so he went into protective mode. Lisa admitted maybe he went to hard on Kyle, but he said maybe I did but when Kyle stepped to you in that way  I just saw RED. Maybe he has regrets over his reaction, but sometimes when it comes to people that we love, it's hard to control the emotions.

Edited by byrd
  • Love 19
On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 1:48 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

Ok, let's unpack this:  I'm fairly sure to very sure it is "Real Housewives" because the name of the show--Real Housewives of Beverly Hills--clues me in.

The reason you watch these shows has little or no bearing as to why I watch these shows, so it's absolutely fine if we have different standards.  One is not right, nor is the other wrong.  It's just a matter of opinion.

If I'm ever in doubt that I am posting about The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills,  I believe I can be reminded by the rich source of canine discussion, all of which I find fascinating. 

I never watched The Hills.  Just like I won't watch Summer House--my standards for reality TV.  

There is a certain level of stupidity and tackiness to which I will subscribe--otherwise I would be watching CSPAN or PBS somewhere--and there is an amount that I consider beyond the pale.  For me, the taglines, and the direction in which they have gone--making no sense ("In Beverly Hills, the truth has a way of rising to the surface" or whatever) is something that I find compellingly stupid enough upon which to comment, other posters' acceptance or lack thereof notwithstanding. 

The way that Shahs of Sunset opens is much more appealing to me.  Yes, I am aware that is a different show.  I am also aware that it appears that the sun rises in the east (even though the sun doesn't rise).  The tension between my observations and my curiosity is the reason why I read and comment, but I think I'm doing fine the way I am.  Not sure I need help being nudged in one or another direction.

------------------------------------------------

Oh, I don't like LVP.  I cannot stand her.  I am so glad she's leaving the show.  I think she's phony.  I would rather someone be an asshole than pretend to be real, and to be an asshole.  I find her odd to look at, and have since the beginning.  I believe she and her small husband have had their fair share of lawsuits.  I dislike the way LVP treats her peers one way, and treats other people--average Joes, if you will--another.  That is the height of snobbery.  If she leaves and the show gets cancelled, that's fine--I have quite a few other things with which to occupy my time on Tuesday nights.  Until that happens, I am happy to watch the show and comment on it. Has LVP done some great things for some dogs?  Yes, and I applaud her for it.  It doesn't change my overall opinion about her. 

I'm not particularly invested in the facts that this may not have been the best way and time for the rest of the cast to tell Lisa that they're sick of her--I'm just glad it's coming and it's here.  There are several other members of the cast--Dorit and Erika being two of them--who I believe are next up for a comeuppance.  I will watch until that happens and beyond. I may even comment.  And my comments will most definitely come from a different perspective from other people's.  I don't necessarily need reminders or updates about that.  I respect differences of opinion.  I'm not as keen on corrections as to how I am supposed to perceive the show.  Thanks all the same though!

They may be sick of LVP and I'm sure she is equally of them. But .. LVP isn't going anywhere. Unless she chooses to do so. Bravo is not going to fire Lisa Vanderpump she's a far too valuable asset to the network. Someone else 's head will roll but not LVP.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, byrd said:

They may be sick of LVP and I'm sure she is equally of them. But .. LVP isn't going anywhere. Unless she chooses to do so. Bravo is not going to fire Lisa Vanderpump she's a far too valuable asset to the network. Someone else 's head will roll but not LVP.

That’s what I think too. I’m sure they wish Lisa continued to film with all the women and would for sure do the reunion, but besides VP Rules, she is the fan favorite of RHBH and has been every season. They may get rid of a cast member or two to bring in people for Lisa to shoot with. I don’t see them letting her go. 

• Love 9
On 4/11/2019 at 3:51 PM, RealHousewife said:

They may get rid of a cast member or two to bring in people for Lisa to shoot with. I don’t see them letting her go. 

I agree.

In the end, Kyle and her brain trust of assholes did nothing but shine a bright light on how much more popular LVP is than they are.  Quite the plan, ladies! Well done! You own the runway!

runway gif 3.gif

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 8
  • Love 8
On 4/11/2019 at 8:51 PM, RealHousewife said:

That’s what I think too. I’m sure they wish Lisa continued to film with all the women and would for sure do the reunion, but besides VP Rules, she is the fan favorite of RHBH and has been every season. They may get rid of a cast member or two to bring in people for Lisa to shoot with. I don’t see them letting her go. 

I don't think that Lisa would want to work with them all again?   I know I wouldn't.   I would love it if she came back with a whole new cast - but I don't know if the reason I'd like that is because I don't like any of the other HW's apart from Denis.

Bravo couldn't sack the whole cast - if LVP was to come back she'd still have to work with some of these women.

Personally I think this will be Lisa's last season and she'll move on and we'll be left with these muppets.

• Love 3

Agreed, they can't fire them all and this has become a very toxic workplace for Lisa. I don't think they'd fire her, but without a major change of players, i can't see her wanting to return. If nothing changes with the cast, I hope she doesn't. It's not fun or healthy to witness gang ups. (If there's a positive out of this for me, it's that so many viewers appear to feel the same.) 

The funny thing is had they picked another season and another cause, they might have had more success. But for a gang up to ever feel righteous, there needs to be a clear villain and the gang needs to some across as oppressed people with a worthy cause.  But, their villain is a grieving saver of dogs and their cause, a dog dumping, already unpopular woman.  I haven't seen a single comment in support of Dorit's actions, and while they seem to think that keeping their dirty secrets is a noble cause, the viewers don't -- hence the "who gives a crap" sentiment from so many fans about any leaks. Their math is all wrong.

I believe if they do get Lisa to quit, their victory will not be broadly celebrated, and they'll likely get even more grief for "forcing LVP out".  If viewer support is what they are after, I don't see them getting much of it.

But let's see how the rest of the season goes. Erika promises more fun, and I guess if our idea of fun is watching grown women afraid to disagree with Erika about anything, ever, we'll be in for a ton of it!

• Love 16

I don’t think Bravo will let them all go, but I could see them getting rid of a couple, keeping Denise, and hoping Kyle and LVP make up. Kyle’s probably the only other person I can’t see being fired.

That’s probably why LVP isn’t sure yet, she doesn’t want it to be a gang against her. But she may not mind a few ladies she doesn’t like as long as there are a few nice ones she likes and can film with.

The only people I personally don’t want returning that appear this season are Brandi and Camille. I don’t think the rest of the women are evil-more confused, misguided, insensitive, and ignorant of how mean girl it looks when it’s so many people against one grieving person. (That’s where they lost me. I get why they’re suspicious of Lisa and the two John’s and am one of the few who actually agreed with the cast that the Lucy story should never have gotten out.)

I say bring Joyce and Kathryn back! I loved Joyce. Kathryn seemed nice enough that she wouldn’t get into a mean girl situation, but not so meek that she wouldn’t “engage.” And course I’m sure there are others who’d be fun on the show that haven’t been casted yet. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

I don’t think Bravo will let them all go, but I could see them getting rid of a couple, keeping Denise, and hoping Kyle and LVP make up. Kyle’s probably the only other person I can’t see being fired.

That’s probably why LVP isn’t sure yet, she doesn’t want it to be a gang against her. But she may not mind a few ladies she doesn’t like as long as there are a few nice ones she likes and can film with.

The only people I personally don’t want returning that appear this season are Brandi and Camille. I don’t think the rest of the women are evil-more confused, misguided, insensitive, and ignorant of how mean girl it looks when it’s so many people against one grieving person. (That’s where they lost me. I get why they’re suspicious of Lisa and the two John’s and am one of the few who actually agreed with the cast that the Lucy story should never have gotten out.)

I say bring Joyce and Kathryn back! I loved Joyce. Kathryn seemed nice enough that she wouldn’t get into a mean girl situation, but not so meek that she wouldn’t “engage.” And course I’m sure there are others who’d be fun on the show that haven’t been casted yet. 

I think Kyle will insist that Teddi comes back - she's her little puppet and I personally don't think LVP would film with her again.   How could anyone trust someone who says they never lie - but then they do so blatantly.

I'd like to see Teddi, Erica and Rinna go - I'd also like to see Kyle go but that won't happen. I like your idea of Joyce and Kathryn.

As regards Brandi - I think she needs to maybe take some time out completely - that photo of her on the Daily Mail - she looks really bad.   I feel sorry for her.   She tries her best to keep up this tough girl persona.   She's a lost cause and I hate to see that.

• Love 2

I can see LVP filming with Kyle if there is justice and the other insects are gone.  For Rinna to sit back now and say "I got no beef with Vanderpump" (and did you see kyle's face when she said it?) after pressuring for the showdown and fueling the fire episode after episode, she has to be the first to go. 

Kyle made a huge mistake and I think it can be fixed enough to film together but the others have to be the collateral damage.  Kyle should turn on them and let them look like the cause of the whole thing.   Because in reality, they started this.  Kyle wanted to see Dorit exposed and somehow she got roped into leading pack against her own friend LVP.  She let her own weakness and gripes cloud her judgement and for what?  The likes of Erika (vacant head) and Rinna (gossip monger)?  What a dope. 

I'm not watching the show if LVP is not on it.  It just won't be worth the time.  I'll watch her other shows. 

54 minutes ago, TVFANNO1 said:

I think Kyle will insist that Teddi comes back - she's her little puppet and I personally don't think LVP would film with her again.   How could anyone trust someone who says they never lie - but then they do so blatantly.

I'd like to see Teddi, Erica and Rinna go - I'd also like to see Kyle go but that won't happen. I like your idea of Joyce and Kathryn.

As regards Brandi - I think she needs to maybe take some time out completely - that photo of her on the Daily Mail - she looks really bad.   I feel sorry for her.   She tries her best to keep up this tough girl persona.   She's a lost cause and I hate to see that.

I never want to see Brandy again.  She's a psycho IMO and a fame whore of the worst proportion. 

• Love 12

So "Ride with Teddi" was basically an event run by an African-American woman, who didn't get billed, with Teddi cycling in the front row?  Alllllrighty then. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ladle said:

So "Ride with Teddi" was basically an event run by an African-American woman, who didn't get billed, with Teddi cycling in the front row?  Alllllrighty then. 

What did I miss?